PDA

View Full Version : Josh Vela...

RossScott1991
02-11-2019, 07:00 PM
Waste of time. Genuinely like starting games with 10men.

Jim44
02-11-2019, 07:05 PM

:agree:. Totally to blame, giving the ball away for their first goal. Seems to be way off the pace all the time.

MSK
02-11-2019, 07:05 PM
Waste of time. Genuinely like starting games with 10men.Will throw Scott Allan into that too then because he contributed much the same, aye ?

Hibee Mac
02-11-2019, 07:06 PM
An embarrassment to the Hibs shirt

ehf
02-11-2019, 07:06 PM
Will throw Scott Allan into that too then because he contributed much the same, aye ?

Don't talk crap.

PPZPOL
02-11-2019, 07:07 PM
I felt sorry for him, so far out his depth it was scary, like a wee laddie playing against men. Stopped feeling sorry for him when I remembered how much he’ll get paid each week by us.

I can’t see a way back into the side after that, it was probably one of the worst performances I’ve seen in a Hibs jersey in terms of how ineffective he was. Plenty folk have stinkers but it was the fact the game just flew by him.

Bob Box Fish
02-11-2019, 07:07 PM
Struggling to think of a worse midfielder in the last 30 years of supporting hibs.

cabbage_88
02-11-2019, 07:08 PM
Will throw Scott Allan into that too then because he contributed much the same, aye ?

Scott Allan had a nightmare tonight but Vela is an absolute imposter and the biggest coward I've seen wearing a Hibs jersey. Disgrace of a footballer, should never play for us again. Definitely up there with the worst players I've ever seen for us

Allant1981
I've never seen the guy play before this season but he doesnt look fit, he maybe is but looks like he is carrying a few extra pounds, this isnt helping, plus the fact he doesnt seem to be very good

Danderhall Hibs
Don't talk crap.

Allans first half display showed why he didn’t get close to the Celtic team.

He gets a free ride though. All of the midfield were missing, especially in the first half.

Allant1981
02-11-2019, 07:09 PM
Struggling to think of a worse midfielder in the last 30 years of supporting hibs.

Could think of quite a few

Partyraiser
02-11-2019, 07:09 PM

The difference is that Allan is capable, he just had a bad night. Vela has not shown anything to suggest he's able to play at the level required since he signed

Joe6-2
02-11-2019, 07:10 PM
I felt sorry for him, so far out his depth it was scary, like a wee laddie playing against men. Stopped feeling sorry for him when I remembered how much he’ll get paid each week by us.

I can’t see a way back into the side after that, it was probably one of the worst performances I’ve seen in a Hibs jersey in terms of how ineffective he was. Plenty folk have stinkers but it was the fact the game just flew by him.

Not for the first time, but he still gets a game

Deansy
02-11-2019, 07:11 PM
Think not being paid for 5 months at Bolton had him seeing us as an easy way to get some much-needed cash without putting much or any effort into it - like his boss he clearly thinks it's only the Scottish game so it doesn't matter !. Traits like 'Honour/Pride/Courage/Determination' etc will only probably re-appear once they're back down South !

A Hi-Bee
02-11-2019, 07:11 PM
Who, never seen him before, does he play for Hibs.

matty_f
02-11-2019, 07:12 PM
Allans first half display showed why he didn’t get close to the Celtic team.

He gets a free ride though. All of the midfield were missing, especially in the first half.

:agree:. I've come to the conclusion that most teams would struggle to win games if they had Vela and Mallan in their midfield at the same time.

Joe6-2
02-11-2019, 07:13 PM
Who, never seen him before, does he play for Hibs.

No

AdidasHibernian
02-11-2019, 07:13 PM
How anyone can say Allan was as bad or is as bad as Vela needs to seriously give there head a wobble?
Granted Allan was poor first half but he is never anywhere near as bad as Vela any game.
Vela is a total imposter and should be given the bullet sadly with the manager come Monday morning.
How he was given a three year deal was actually scary and shows how far we've declined as a club this year.

Allant1981
02-11-2019, 07:16 PM
**** off ya erse, Allan had a **** game but again Vela gets a thread, ****ing crack on, its a team game, Vela was invisible but golden child wasnt much better, take the ****ing blinkers off !!

Allan had a bad first half, he was ok in the 2nd I thought

Vault Boy
02-11-2019, 07:16 PM
**** off ya erse, Allan had a **** game but again Vela gets a thread, ****ing crack on, its a team game, Vela was invisible but golden child wasnt much better, take the ****ing blinkers off !!

You might want to calm down.

EVENTUALLY
02-11-2019, 07:17 PM

A terrible player who announced his arrival with the words "I'm here to drive the Hibs on" followed by "I love a tackle"

The 1st 4 goals tonight were all scored within the 6 yard box and the 5th on the 6 yard line. Vela is a joker who has conned everyone. 104 yards to put in a challenge and he failed in exactly the same circumstances as very other game he has played for us. Mind you Mallan and James are as culpable as him as their ability to engage an opponent and challenge is absolutely f*****g woeful too. When Heckingbottom goes he should take Vela with him. I never want to see the guy in a Hibs jersey ever again.

Celtic are a difficult team to face in a semi final who will piss all over you if given time, space and a free run on your penalty box. Vela gave them that and offered nothing else to his team mates, club or supporters.

KWJ

Vela is anonymous. Paul Tosh was brutal.

Amazinsauzee

Talking absolute rubbish scare to think how bad we would be without “goldenchild”

MSK
The difference is that Allan is capable, he just had a bad night. Vela has not shown anything to suggest he's able to play at the level required since he signedI know that, however he seems to be beyond criticism, Allan was poor tonight, bet ye wont get many threads on his poor performance though

MSK
02-11-2019, 07:19 PM
Talking absolute rubbish scare to think how bad we would be without “goldenchild”What did Allan do that impressed you ?

Vault Boy
02-11-2019, 07:21 PM
I know that, however he seems to be beyond criticism, Allan was poor tonight, bet ye wont get many threads on his poor performance though

This is because we all know how good Scott Allan can be. He also had a better second half. He's been one of the only creative, goal-scoring players for us this season, so why on earth would fans want to focus on him when we all know that's not the real issue?

Scott Allan has earned the respect of Hibs fans with dozens of excellent performances for us. Vela hasn't come close.

Sammy7nil
02-11-2019, 07:21 PM

Step away from the keypad :greengrin

Leith Green
02-11-2019, 07:23 PM
He reminds me of matt thornhill 🤭

Amazinsauzee
02-11-2019, 07:23 PM
What did Allan do that impressed you ?

Nobody impressed me tonight - Allan is easily our best player most weeks which isn’t saying much so far this season mind you

MSK
02-11-2019, 07:24 PM
Step away from the keypad :greengrinWhy ?

Sammy7nil
02-11-2019, 07:27 PM
Why ?

Insults are never good and once you make one more are sure to follow. Just chill for a while :aok:

HendoDelivered
02-11-2019, 07:28 PM
Matt Thornhill the second.

mcfly
02-11-2019, 07:28 PM
Worst signing in years and also the laziest

Contributes nothing.

loanheadhibby
02-11-2019, 07:30 PM
The Jarko Wiss of the current generation. Empty jersey.

MSK
02-11-2019, 07:30 PM
This is because we all know how good Scott Allan can be. He also had a better second half. He's been one of the only creative, goal-scoring players for us this season, so why on earth would fans want to focus on him when we all know that's not the real issue?

Scott Allan has earned the respect of Hibs fans with dozens of excellent performances for us. Vela hasn't come close.I know that, I also know Vela was invisible today, in fact I thought he was very poor, however as is hibs.net folk like to put the boot in I would add balance, Scott Allan, he had a poor game, Vela had a poor game, golden boy gets a bit leeway because of what he can do, what did he do ? 😆

A Hi-Bee
02-11-2019, 07:31 PM
I know that, I also know Vela was invisible today, in fact I thought he was very poor, however as is hibs.net folk like to put the boot in I would add balance, Scott Allan, he had a poor game, Vela had a poor game, golden boy gets a bit leeway because of what he can do, what did he do ? 😆

He gave Scotty Broon a slap, good enough for me.

Sammy7nil
02-11-2019, 07:32 PM
I know that, I also know Vela was invisible today, in fact I thought he was very poor, however as is hibs.net folk like to put the boot in I would add balance, Scott Allan, he had a poor game, Vela had a poor game, golden boy gets a bit leeway because of what he can do, what did he do ? ��

Scott has some credit in the bank Vela has NONE he has done next to nothing since his arrival.

MSK
02-11-2019, 07:33 PM
Insults are never good and once you make one more are sure to follow. Just chill for a while :aok:👍

MSK
02-11-2019, 07:34 PM
He gave Scotty Broon a slap, good enough for me.Aw **** missed that 😆

Vault Boy
02-11-2019, 07:35 PM
I know that, I also know Vela was invisible today, in fact I thought he was very poor, however as is hibs.net folk like to put the boot in I would add balance, Scott Allan, he had a poor game, Vela had a poor game, golden boy gets a bit leeway because of what he can do, what did he do ? 😆

No one will be disagreeing that Scott was poor today. Your contribution is just whataboutery though. There's nothing wrong with a thread on Vela specifically, because his performance today, and performances all season, warrant criticism.

If you think the same of Scott Allan, why don't you start a separate thread? Simple.

B.H.F.C
02-11-2019, 07:41 PM
He doesn’t care. Worst attitude I’ve seen from a Hibs player in ages. McGregors goal, when he was standing next to him at the edge of the box but couldn’t be bothered to track him, sums him up. Disgraceful and he should be nowhere near this club.

HibsNutter
02-11-2019, 07:44 PM
Vela contributes **** all every week, Allan is probably the one player to get pass marks so far this season. Easy to see why Vela gets more criticism.

I_Love_Latapy
02-11-2019, 08:01 PM
What I don’t get is all the Bolton fans saying”you’ve got avoid lad there” when he joined us. They can’t all be delusional can they?

I am yet to see evidence that he ‘likes a tackle’ as he claimed. He looked weak today & no mistake.

WhileTheChief..
02-11-2019, 08:04 PM
He’s been the same since day one but appears to be a favourite of PH.

Causewayside PR
02-11-2019, 08:07 PM
Genuinely struggling to tell whose fault it was for giving possession away between Allan and the pass intended for Vela which led to Celtic's first goal?
I think it was Allan's though...
Vela has been extremely disappointing but Allan was much worse than him in the first half. That says much more about Allan than anything else.
It worries me that when Allan does give the ball away he tends to saunter back if at all. I think he thinks he is above the rest of his teammates and they should do the dirty work for him.
He also way too often tries to play the more difficult pass or glide past a player when his teammate is right there or a more effective pass is on.
Allan needs to buck his ideas up and fast!

Hiber-nation
02-11-2019, 08:25 PM
Allan had a poor night but at least he tries to make things happen. To compare him to Vela is astonishing. Vela is a non trier and a coward. He should never pull on a Hibs jersey again after that.

Percy Vere
02-11-2019, 08:29 PM

James had a nightmare. Have to ask why he’s starting in front of Naismith.

The 90+2
02-11-2019, 08:31 PM
What did Allan do that impressed you ?

He didn’t ****ing hide for a start. And he tracked back and he was the only midfielder that showed any energy.

The 90+2
02-11-2019, 08:31 PM

James did, but who was his protection from midfield? Horgan?

SickBoy32
02-11-2019, 08:32 PM
Gutless. Genuine wage thief.

Needs emptied ASAP along with Newell, James, Jackson and Doidge.

Hibs90
02-11-2019, 08:33 PM

Because Naismith is pish.

Robbo6-2
02-11-2019, 08:37 PM
Vela must be up there with one of the worst signings in years.

3 year deal is whats worse. How are we gonna get shot of him?

I called it a few weeks ago how bad he was and was shot down in flames on here.

Total imposter

CloudSquall
02-11-2019, 08:38 PM
You know it's bad when you start dreaming of the Liam Craig & Scott Robertson midfield tag team.

Sammy7nil
02-11-2019, 08:41 PM
Because Naismith is pish.

Naismith is a physical presence James does very little he is slow and does not tackle his efforts at the second goal were laughable.

If James is the answer someone asked the wrong question.

Hibee Mac
02-11-2019, 08:41 PM
Recruitment team is being shown up for what it is this year. Utter shambles.

The signs have been there for a while now but this summer takes the cake, what an absolute mess, has put the club back years.

I'd argue it's more inexcusable than the hopeless manager as it has a longer lasting impact on the club, but guess what let's promote the man responsible for it ....

Nicho87
02-11-2019, 08:42 PM
George weahs cousin is beginning to think

mcfly
02-11-2019, 08:42 PM

I called it a few weeks ago how bad he was and was shot down in flames on here

Total imposter

I’d be embarrassed to do my job as poorly as him.

Give me Marvin Bartley in the number 6 Jersey every day.

Vela doesn’t get hibs at all and has no fight in him

SideBurns
02-11-2019, 08:43 PM
You know it's bad when you start dreaming of the Liam Craig & Scott Robertson midfield tag team.

Vela couldn't lace the boots of either. The chances of him making a contribution similar to Craig or Robertson are highly unlikely. Even in such a poor Hibs team, he stands out as being especially dreadful

Smartie
02-11-2019, 08:44 PM

We could do with finding a way to get the best out of Scott Allan.

Bizarrely, those 2 in a diamond with Danny Handling and Scott Allan was pretty effective.

I wonder if Allan would rather play with them or Josh Vela and Stevie Mallan?

HFC 0-7
02-11-2019, 08:44 PM

Should have been Mallan.

MSK
02-11-2019, 08:46 PM
He didn’t ****ing hide for a start. And he tracked back and he was the only midfielder that showed any energy.Aw thats good to ****ing hear, anything else ?

Hiber-nation
02-11-2019, 08:49 PM
Aw thats good to ****ing hear, anything else ?

Wanted the ball, tried to make things happen. Vela hid and couldn't be arsed tracking back. Scandalous performance. A 5 out of 10 v a 0 out of 10. I'm actually amazed that anyone would want to compare the 2 but crack on.

AgentDaleCooper
02-11-2019, 08:49 PM

Vela is the same every game. Never really seen him contribute anything.

Keith_M
02-11-2019, 08:51 PM
Total waste of a jersey... and probably a lot of money as well.

Who's idea was it to sign him and Newell?

Alfred E Newman
02-11-2019, 09:00 PM
We could do with finding a way to get the best out of Scott Allan.

Bizarrely, those 2 in a diamond with Danny Handling and Scott Allan was pretty effective.

I wonder if Allan would rather play with them or Josh Vela and Stevie Mallan?

Scott Allan was much better in the second half after Vela was hooked nd he was able to drop back into his proper position. Sums up the manager when our best player is moved out of position to accommodate our worst!

The 90+2
02-11-2019, 09:01 PM
Aw thats good to ****ing hear, anything else ?

You asked. You got an answer. He’s our best midfielder being played out of position and most of all he gives a ducking shot.!

The 90+2
02-11-2019, 09:02 PM
Wanted the ball, tried to make things happen. Vela hid and couldn't be arsed tracking back. Scandalous performance. A 5 out of 10 v a 0 out of 10. I'm actually amazed that anyone would want to compare the 2 but crack on.

👍

Squirrel 1875
02-11-2019, 09:03 PM

I called it a few weeks ago how bad he was and was shot down in flames on here.

Total imposter

I said it from the start, Robbo. Was accused of being a jambo. I know of another Premiership manager who couldn’t believe we were signing him.

hibsboy69
02-11-2019, 09:06 PM
Massive mistake to start Vela today and play with Doidge up top on his own

Both of these things fall at the manager's door

Back to Vela - yes Mallan and Allan were poor today also...…...but Vela offers nothing. I hope he NEVER plays for Hibs again :bitchy:

Robbo6-2
02-11-2019, 09:12 PM
I said it from the start, Robbo. Was accused of being a jambo. I know of another Premiership manager who couldn’t believe we were signing him.

Is the 3 year contract we have gave him that worries me the most.

When we eventually do bring in a new manager how are we going to get rid of him?

hibeerealist
02-11-2019, 09:18 PM

Scotty had a poor game by his standards are you saying you thought he was as poor as Vela?

Aye?

Hibby Bairn
02-11-2019, 09:18 PM
Is the 3 year contract we have gave him that worries me the most.

When we eventually do bring in a new manager how are we going to get rid of him?

You just need to agree to terminate. He won’t want to sit on the bench for 2.5 years so will agree a cancellation and go somewhere at his level in Jan. but to do that we need rid of Heckingbottom.

HappyAsHellas
02-11-2019, 09:24 PM
I have been watching football for more than 50 years and today my focus was on Vela to try and see what he actually does. I have come to the conclusion that he plays in a position no one has ever heard of before and can therefore never suss out what it is he's supposed to be doing. And to think the manager actually likes, or at least approves of him is somewhat worrying.

The 90+2
02-11-2019, 09:27 PM
I have been watching football for more than 50 years and today my focus was on Vela to try and see what he actually does. I have come to the conclusion that he plays in a position no one has ever heard of before and can therefore never suss out what it is he's supposed to be doing. And to think the manager actually likes, or at least approves of him is somewhat worrying.

He’s like the player at boys club level that gets a game because their dad is a coach or does the linos job.

3pm
02-11-2019, 09:34 PM
If I was the new manager, I’d be picking up the phone to Sunderland to try a swap with Dylan.

Parkinson played him at Bolton.

worcesterhibby
02-11-2019, 09:37 PM
I absolutely detest Josh Vela.

Sammy7nil
02-11-2019, 09:49 PM
If I was the new manager, I’d be picking up the phone to Sunderland to try a swap with Dylan.

Parkinson played him at Bolton.

A great shout the only problem is the £6k+ wages :confused:

JohnM1875
02-11-2019, 09:53 PM
Vela should never play for us again. He just isn't good, or better than the alternatives we have, at anything.

I'm sure I read somewhere that what happened at Bolton really affected his passion for the game. Being a Bolton fan an not getting paid etc, so he moved for a challenge. Unfortunately, it just seems his passion for football in general is done.

Thought he seemed like a class signing at the time as well.

The 90+2
02-11-2019, 09:55 PM

He will have some of his wages freed up. Dylan will be gone from Sunderland in January on loan and perm in the summer.

3pm
02-11-2019, 09:56 PM

Vela is on £6K a week? Nah.

Roxyhibee
02-11-2019, 10:02 PM
Well, I’ve not said anything negative about Vela yet, hoping something would turn around in the guys’ performances.

But, he is without doubt the worst signing I’ve seen in many a year. I don’t know if the guy cares about playing for us or not, but he is a truly awful player. To start him tonight was a baffling decision, and although no one covered themselves in glory in that first half, with him on - we were literally a man down.

Surely everyone in the coaching staff knows he is terrible and now fatally wounded with the fans. If he plays again, there’ll be a noticeable negative reaction from the fans that may affect all players.

God, sorry to keep saying it but the boy is really crap.

we are hibs
02-11-2019, 10:07 PM
One of the worst performances i can remember from a hibs player at hampden. His half hearted attempts at absolutely everything gets on my tits. Can barely play a 5 yard pass. Get him emptied in january (if anyone will even touch him)

The 90+2
02-11-2019, 10:08 PM

McGeough I read it as.

Sammy7nil
02-11-2019, 10:08 PM

No Dylan will be though

Tyler Durden
02-11-2019, 10:09 PM
He has no redeeming qualities.

hibee_95
02-11-2019, 10:12 PM
Totally anonymous today

Blaster
02-11-2019, 10:23 PM
Very poor signing who doesn’t try a leg. Wage thief

GonzoReturns
02-11-2019, 10:28 PM
Said the same last week not his fault he’s picked. Those who recruited him negotiated his contract are the ones who are culpable.

Blaster
02-11-2019, 10:30 PM
Said the same last week not his fault he’s picked. Those who recruited him negotiated his contract are the ones who are culpable.

It’s his fault he doesn’t try leg though. No personal pride

GonzoReturns
02-11-2019, 10:40 PM
It’s his fault he doesn’t try leg though. No personal pride

Sorry he’s played the same way week in week out not like this is a one off!!! So I go back to it not his fault he gets picked!! Sorry not arguing just reinforces why we need a change in management.

wookie70
02-11-2019, 11:00 PM
He didn’t ****ing hide for a start. And he tracked back and he was the only midfielder that showed any energy.

Watching a different game to me. Allan was the worst player on the park in the first half but much better second half. He is dreadful when the opposition have the ball, not just today, and rarely presses or tracks back. Same could be said of others and often is - Mallan for instance works harder than Allan but is poor when the opposition have the ball. Doidge is a complete guiser who rarely puts defenders under pressure and he was appalling in the first half with Celtc players sauntering past him. I'm in agreement with most about Vela. He looked completely lost but then again he is trying to get the ball back and barring Hallberg none of the other midfielders or Doidge were even remotely helping. Celtc are a very good side and had extra numbers around the ball every time they attacked as we simply don't have players who work when not in possession.

The first thing that needs to happen is that either Allan, Mallan or Horgan needs to be taken out of the team and replaced with someone who will work harder. Boyle is probably a good shout.

The Harp Awakes
02-11-2019, 11:10 PM
Don't like singling out individual players for criticism normally. However this guy gives the impression that he doesn't give **** about the club. He trots about the pitch giving 10% effort if you're lucky. Epitomises the Hecky era - no passion, no inspiration no ability and no effort.

Hibernia&Alba
02-11-2019, 11:21 PM
He's awful, as are the rest of Hecky's signings. He's taken us back years.

hibby_bry
02-11-2019, 11:27 PM

Brian Kerr

hibee-boys
02-11-2019, 11:28 PM
Over a 100 games in the championship tells me he can be a half decent footballer. However, not seen anything from this guy that would warrant 100 games for a lowland league side, offers sweet FA. How any manager can justify his inclusion in a starting XI is beyond me. 3 year contract as well, really hope he becomes home sick....soon!!

Captain Trips
02-11-2019, 11:30 PM
Do we think a different manager has any chance getting a performance from these players? I just live in hope they can.

southern hibby
03-11-2019, 12:23 AM
Never ever thought I’d see a worse player than Jarko Wiss in a Hibs strip but as far as I’m concerned I have now.

What a a waste of a wage and it’s like playing with 10 men instead of 11. Genuinely don’t know what he brings to the team.

GGTTH

DavidDavidGray
03-11-2019, 12:36 AM
He’s hopeless. Doesn’t try, hides in a place where he can’t get passed to when we have the ball and does nothing when he eventually gets it he just takes it sideways and drops it off to either a centre half or a full back. The worst midfielder I have seen at Hibs in years, and what annoys me is how little effort he puts in.

Baader
03-11-2019, 12:41 AM
Pathetic. We should have been allowed to sub on two at half time when he went off as we were effectively a man down playing him in the first half.

sean04
03-11-2019, 03:33 AM
Had a shocker again! Embarrassing

GlesgaeHibby
03-11-2019, 06:21 AM
Brian Kerr

Scored a winner in a derby at tynecastle. Better player than Vela.

Heisenberg
03-11-2019, 06:23 AM
Vela, Newell and James were all signed from teams that were relegated last year I think. It definitely shows.

PPZPOL
03-11-2019, 07:01 AM
Watching a different game to me. Allan was the worst player on the park in the first half but much better second half. He is dreadful when the opposition have the ball, not just today, and rarely presses or tracks back. Same could be said of others and often is - Mallan for instance works harder than Allan but is poor when the opposition have the ball. Doidge is a complete guiser who rarely puts defenders under pressure and he was appalling in the first half with Celtc players sauntering past him. I'm in agreement with most about Vela. He looked completely lost but then again he is trying to get the ball back and barring Hallberg none of the other midfielders or Doidge were even remotely helping. Celtc are a very good side and had extra numbers around the ball every time they attacked as we simply don't have players who work when not in possession.

The first thing that needs to happen is that either Allan, Mallan or Horgan needs to be taken out of the team and replaced with someone who will work harder. Boyle is probably a good shout.

That’s an interesting spin on Vela’s situation, because I think the formation (diamond) just doesn’t work and ALL midfielders were just exposed and it was far too easy to play round (or through) them. What I do have a problem with, is his lack of engagement in the game. If you are getting exposed so badly in there, I’d expect with his experience (over 100 games at Championship I keep hearing) that I’d like to see him shouting, pulling people into positions, perhaps making a tackle which even results in a foul against him or even heaven forbid he loses his temper and looks a bit angry with his predicament. Unfortunately though, he just seemed to jog about at the same pace with little intensity and didn’t seem to be getting angry at all with how exposed he was. That seems like someone who can’t be bothered with football, Hibs or both. We can’t afford to have someone like that in the squad, let alone in the starting 11.

Nicho87
03-11-2019, 07:19 AM
Vela makes Mallan look like Pirlo

Jones28
03-11-2019, 07:24 AM
Vela was a disgrace.

Winston Ingram
03-11-2019, 09:33 AM
Vela is anonymous. Paul Tosh was brutal.

Paul Tosh was a striker/winger

wookie70
03-11-2019, 09:36 AM
That’s an interesting spin on Vela’s situation, because I think the formation (diamond) just doesn’t work and ALL midfielders were just exposed and it was far too easy to play round (or through) them. What I do have a problem with, is his lack of engagement in the game. If you are getting exposed so badly in there, I’d expect with his experience (over 100 games at Championship I keep hearing) that I’d like to see him shouting, pulling people into positions, perhaps making a tackle which even results in a foul against him or even heaven forbid he loses his temper and looks a bit angry with his predicament. Unfortunately though, he just seemed to jog about at the same pace with little intensity and didn’t seem to be getting angry at all with how exposed he was. That seems like someone who can’t be bothered with football, Hibs or both. We can’t afford to have someone like that in the squad, let alone in the starting 11.

He looks a player completely shot of confidence and struggling from the transition from fans favourite to boo boy. He has a fair share of the blame because we have seen him turn his back when bravery may have stopped a goal bound shot and some weak play but I think there was worse than him yesterday

I just watched the "highlights" and what I see for the first goal is Vela being played a terrible pass from Allan. Vela then charges back trying to remedy the situation with a sliding tackle, he misses that but gets up and charges back again trying to block the cross . Allan doesn't even look interested and is stood feeling sorry for himself at the half way line. That is a very familiar situation where Allan is concerned.

The second goal is ridiculous defending if you discount the good defending that should have resulted in an offside decision. Allan stands and watches from 10 yards as the ball is played through. Vela loses his man who scores and James having successfully played offside stands and watches. Both goals plenty of men back to stop the goals so nothing to do with formations just players not doing a good job. Third goal bombscare defending by James but look at the way Vela looks when the ball goes wide. He rightly can't believe that they have a man there as Mallan hasn't tracked the run and James is playing centre half for some reason. He then does a decent job getting in a position to help James who was tucked in too far and then chooses unbelievably to back off. We have 7 men in the box when the cross is played and none marking the scorer when there are only 3 bodies to pick up. Forget about managers that is stuff you learn the first time you attend a training session. 4th goalie error and Jackson gets in a mess to allow the jump but he looks like he has his shirt pulled. 5th is a result of us going for it, Scott B being a cheat and a bit of luck for them.

Vela was poor yesterday, there is no denying that, but in the first half only he and Hallberg were even making an effort to stem the flow from Celtc's midfield. Doidge and Allan allowed attack after attack to get into our half without getting within 10 yards of the ball. That may have been their orders but I doubt any manager says watch a centre half waltz into your half giving the opposition an extra man and monitor their progress from 10-15 yards. That is simply lazy players and Allan and Doidge were the biggest culprits for me.

strummbo
03-11-2019, 09:36 AM
hes utter gash. needs to have contract torn up and can scuttle of back to bolton

bolt son...

imposter.

Weegreenman
03-11-2019, 09:38 AM

Away ye go!

B.H.F.C
03-11-2019, 09:51 AM
Some shocking decisions were made in the summer. Giving this guy a three year deal was one of the worst.

Everything that is bad about Hibs is summed up by him. It’s like a flashback to the type of player we signed in 2011 or thereabouts.

eastcoasthibby
03-11-2019, 09:55 AM

Mallan supposed to be in the first half ...who got caught 4-5 times ball watching and their full back or midfielder sat outside him and foot the ball ..hurry back Boyler get into this wide right midfield role ....wonder who will get binned to give Mallan a starting slot then ??

Baldy Foghorn
03-11-2019, 09:56 AM
Some shocking decisions were made in the summer. Giving this guy a three year deal was one of the worst.

Everything that is bad about Hibs is summed up by him. It’s like a flashback to the type of player we signed in 2011 or thereabouts.

We were told we had a great window according to our CEO

we are hibs
03-11-2019, 10:01 AM
Mallan supposed to be in the first half ...who got caught 4-5 times ball watching and their full back or midfielder sat outside him and foot the ball ..hurry back Boyler get into this wide right midfield role ....wonder who will get binned to give Mallan a starting slot then ??

Mallan was right infront of me first half and it was unreal the amount of times he didnt follow a runner. Didnt help that James was far too narrow and close to Jackson. They had far too much space down our right.

B.H.F.C
03-11-2019, 10:05 AM
We were told we had a great window according to our CEO

Ah, right enough. How silly of me.

It was that good a window that one of the best young strikers in Europe couldn’t even get a place on the bench for a semi final.

PPZPOL
03-11-2019, 10:13 AM
He looks a player completely shot of confidence and struggling from the transition from fans favourite to boo boy. He has a fair share of the blame because we have seen him turn his back when bravery may have stopped a goal bound shot and some weak play but I think there was worse than him yesterday

I just watched the "highlights" and what I see for the first goal is Vela being played a terrible pass from Allan. Vela then charges back trying to remedy the situation with a sliding tackle, he misses that but gets up and charges back again trying to block the cross . Allan doesn't even look interested and is stood feeling sorry for himself at the half way line. That is a very familiar situation where Allan is concerned.

The second goal is ridiculous defending if you discount the good defending that should have resulted in an offside decision. Allan stands and watches from 10 yards as the ball is played through. Vela loses his man who scores and James having successfully played offside stands and watches. Both goals plenty of men back to stop the goals so nothing to do with formations just players not doing a good job. Third goal bombscare defending by James but look at the way Vela looks when the ball goes wide. He rightly can't believe that they have a man there as Mallan hasn't tracked the run and James is playing centre half for some reason. He then does a decent job getting in a position to help James who was tucked in too far and then chooses unbelievably to back off. We have 7 men in the box when the cross is played and none marking the scorer when there are only 3 bodies to pick up. Forget about managers that is stuff you learn the first time you attend a training session. 4th goalie error and Jackson gets in a mess to allow the jump but he looks like he has his shirt pulled. 5th is a result of us going for it, Scott B being a cheat and a bit of luck for them.

Vela was poor yesterday, there is no denying that, but in the first half only he and Hallberg were even making an effort to stem the flow from Celtc's midfield. Doidge and Allan allowed attack after attack to get into our half without getting within 10 yards of the ball. That may have been their orders but I doubt any manager says watch a centre half waltz into your half giving the opposition an extra man and monitor their progress from 10-15 yards. That is simply lazy players and Allan and Doidge were the biggest culprits for me.

That’s a good analysis, given you have watched it back I wouldn’t disagree with any of it (and probably wouldn’t if I watched it back anyway). In summary, the midfield is badly broken and has been all season. Doesn’t seem to be an attempt at fixing it which is frustrating and galling.

snedzuk
03-11-2019, 10:15 AM

It was that good a window that one of the best young strikers in Europe couldn’t even get a place on the bench for a semi final.

In which he scored last time out

Baldy Foghorn
03-11-2019, 10:17 AM

Did she actually think we would fall for her BS?

gegs70
03-11-2019, 10:18 AM
I just don't know what type of player vela is!? To me he brings nothing to the team! We have paid too much for players that are at best average.... and on lengthy contracts too.

B.H.F.C
03-11-2019, 10:22 AM
Did she actually think we would fall for her BS?

I think that’ll be fairly irrelevant to her. She’s the boss, we’re merely the peasants who will be spoken to on their terms.

In fairness, I’m thinking more and more that Gordon may be the reason we aren’t seeing any change. Nothing to back that up, just a feeling.

lucky
03-11-2019, 10:43 AM
We were well beaten yesterday but when Vela was on the park it was like we were a man down. He’s looks slow and just does not do anything. He needs dropped and then returned to the lower leagues of England

RossScott1991
03-11-2019, 10:47 AM
Was abit bevvied when I started this thread.. worryingly majority agree with vela! Chicken hearted dud

euro Hibby
03-11-2019, 10:56 AM
But I recall a good few on here thought he would be Ok like a few of the others who are probably just not up to it as we are finding out game after game. Hearts have tried changing teams each year and it does not generally work.