PDA

View Full Version : Oli Shaw

AgentDaleCooper
02-11-2019, 04:57 PM
He might not be the answer to all our problems, but i would be pretty raging if i were him.

SChibs
02-11-2019, 05:03 PM
He might not be the answer to all our problems, but i would be pretty raging if i were him.

Deserves at least a chance to prove himself. We couldn't do much worse than the other 2

supermcginn
02-11-2019, 05:06 PM
One of many that need cleared out.

Newhaven
02-11-2019, 06:15 PM
The only place shaw should be going is OUT the club. Far to lightweight and muscled off the ball.

Nicho87
02-11-2019, 06:19 PM
Had numerous chances and not good enough. Riordan and O’Connor were street ahead of him at the same age

cabbageandribs1875
02-11-2019, 06:35 PM
i was shouting for him to get brought on with kamberi and doidge taken off, i should have looked at the bench first :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
02-11-2019, 06:52 PM
Much more likely to score a goal than Doidge.

J-C
02-11-2019, 06:52 PM
i was shouting for him to get brought on with kamberi and doidge taken off, i should have looked at the bench first :greengrin

That bench was absolutely shocking, apart from Boyle who the hell was on it that you could say would win you a match, no Shaw and Murray.

Gatecrasher
02-11-2019, 06:55 PM
I have said it before, he needs to leave for the good of his career. He was looking a good prospect until someone decided heckingbottom should be the manger and that Doidge is a striker and now hardly gets a look.

Box 17
02-11-2019, 06:57 PM
That bench was absolutely shocking, apart from Boyle who the hell was on it that you could say would win you a match, no Shaw and Murray.

Our best option from the bench was the bench.

Andy74
02-11-2019, 06:57 PM

Shaw and Murray aren’t going to be winning us games either.

If they were better than we have they’d be in just like Porteous was when got back fit.

wfortune
02-11-2019, 06:58 PM
Shaw and Murray aren’t going to be winning us games either.

If they were better than we have they’d be in just like Porteous was when got back fit.Or it could be the person who picks the team is clueless

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

The Captain....
02-11-2019, 07:01 PM
If Shaw cant get near this Hibs team it says a lot about his quality. He isn't good enough either although granted I'd prefer him over Doidge..I'd prefer virtually anyone over Doidge tho. I wonder if he was as ***** at basketball.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

J-C
02-11-2019, 07:03 PM
If Shaw cant get near this Hibs team it says a lot about his quality. He isn't good enough either although granted I'd prefer him over Doidge..I'd prefer virtually anyone over Doidge tho. I wonder if he was as ***** at basketball.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I still question if there's anything behind the scenes that's causing Heckinbottom to not pick these 2 lads, all seems a bit weird.

KWJ
02-11-2019, 07:20 PM
Had numerous chances and not good enough. Riordan and O’Connor were street ahead of him at the same age

GOC was but he started younger and had the build. I think riordan goal tally was about the same at Shaws age

Andy74
02-11-2019, 07:21 PM
Or it could be the person who picks the team is clueless

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

He might be but I’m not buying that Shaw and Murray are the answer.

loanheadhibby
02-11-2019, 07:22 PM
Shaw plainly not good enough. Simple as that. He hardly set the Heather on fire under a Lennon and Heckingbottom does not fancy him. Laddie needs to move. Will end up like Handling, playing for Edinburgh City.

A Hi-Bee
02-11-2019, 07:25 PM
Shaw plainly not good enough. Simple as that. He hardly set the Heather on fire under a Lennon and Heckingbottom does not fancy him. Laddie needs to move. Will end up like Handling, playing for Edinburgh City.

Danny is banging in the goals at City..........

loanheadhibby
02-11-2019, 07:29 PM
Danny is banging in the goals at City..........

i know. He’s found a level to flourish.

Hermit Crab
02-11-2019, 07:35 PM
Shaw is not good enough for Hibs.

makaveli1875
02-11-2019, 07:41 PM
We only have 3 strikers and Shaw is not the worst of them, unbelievable he can't even make the bench

Andy74
02-11-2019, 07:44 PM
We only have 3 strikers and Shaw is not the worst of them, unbelievable he can't even make the bench

I think he is the worst of them.

Allant1981
02-11-2019, 07:47 PM

Yip, he is quite rightly not getting a game, he is no better than the other 2 forwards and is not going to take us forward as a club

makaveli1875
02-11-2019, 07:52 PM

The cold hard facts don't support your opinion

Kamberi 57 appearances 18 goals
Shaw 43 appearances 10 goals
Doidge 10 appearances 0 goals

The Modfather
02-11-2019, 08:04 PM

Shaw isn’t a bad player and will likely forge a good career for himself like ,Kris Dolan, or at someone like St Johnstone. However if he hadn’t come through the youth system I don’t think there would be the same clamour for him to play.

He might not have been given the best platform to progress in the last few years, but ultimately it looks like he’s a player that showed potential and has subsequently failed to kick on.

Andy74
02-11-2019, 08:07 PM
The cold hard facts don't support your opinion

Kamberi 57 appearances 18 goals
Shaw 43 appearances 10 goals
Doidge 10 appearances 0 goals

What is this supposed to show?

makaveli1875
02-11-2019, 08:09 PM
What is this supposed to show?

It's supposed to show that he scores goals, the thing that strikers are employed to do

Andy74
02-11-2019, 08:10 PM
It's supposed to show that he scores goals, the thing that strikers are employed to do

One of the things, yes.

And Doidge’s career goals against the others?

The 90+2
02-11-2019, 08:11 PM

Doidge is a better player than Shaw. Imagine Oli stuck up top on his own? Saying that the last two games Doidge has had a partner in the second half and still looked *****.

The 90+2
02-11-2019, 08:13 PM
One of the things, yes.

Does Oli’s goes in the development team count against Doidge scoring goals against the likes of **** like Yeovil where James was their best player.

J-C
02-11-2019, 08:13 PM
One of the things, yes.

Oh aye career goals in the massive league that is English Div 2 :faf: He had a go at Bolton in the higher league that is the Championship and scored 1 in 17, astounding record.

makaveli1875
02-11-2019, 08:14 PM
One of the things, yes.

Doidge Career goals were in a pub league vs Kamberi and Shaws Premiership goals

Saint Hibee
02-11-2019, 08:15 PM
Our best option from the bench was the bench.

This would be funny but for the fact that it’s true.

HibbyKeith
02-11-2019, 08:15 PM
He'll never get near the team Hecky wants to play 1 up front and Shaw is not big enough for it.

It's a system that NONE of our forwards are suited for yet hes persisting anyway.

Andy74
02-11-2019, 08:39 PM
Oh aye career goals in the massive league that is English Div 2 :faf: He had a go at Bolton in the higher league that is the Championship and scored 1 in 17, astounding record.

And if Shaw ever gets a chance to play in either League 2 or the Championship we will see how he gets on.

I get that people want Shaw to do well but to use his goals for Hibs so far purely as an indication he is a better player than Doidge is a bit of a push.

blackpoolhibs
02-11-2019, 08:46 PM
And if Shaw ever gets a chance to play in either League 2 or the Championship we will see how he gets on.

I get that people want Shaw to do well but to use his goals for Hibs so far purely as an indication he is a better player than Doidge is a bit of a push.

I'm better than Doidge, with a total knee replacement and 3 months short of 60.

Box 17
02-11-2019, 08:47 PM
The reason Doidge was signed is because it was acknowledged that the likes of Shaw were not good enough. And we only went for Doidge because we couldn't afford to keep McNulty.

Billy Whizz
02-11-2019, 08:47 PM

Doidge is getting a chance and not taking it, Oli on the other hand isn’t getting a chance, for whatever reason, so you can’t compare them

AgentDaleCooper
02-11-2019, 08:51 PM
Much more likely to score a goal than Doidge.

Yup. Given our current hand, it's mental that he's not had a look in.

Kaff
02-11-2019, 09:03 PM
Shaw could probably be relied on to get 1 goal in 4 games if he was starting matches, that would possibly mean we'd have won 2 of the drawn games.
Those 4 points could be crucial and in terms of Heckingbottom maybe keep him in a job, mental that he hasn't used his resources properly

Just_Jimmy
02-11-2019, 09:14 PM
Oli Shaw isn't the answer to ANY of our problems never mind all.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Alfred E Newman
02-11-2019, 09:51 PM
Heckingbottoms treatment of Shaw is a disgrace. Since he came on against Motherwell at Fir Park and had a good 20mins( treble what he usually gets) he's hardly made it onto the bench. How on earth is that going to help the lads confidence?

Tyler Durden
02-11-2019, 10:17 PM
Doidge is getting a chance and not taking it, Oli on the other hand isn’t getting a chance, for whatever reason, so you can’t compare them

This is the key point. Before Hecky was appointed, Shaw had started the 2 prior games scoring against Aberdeen and drawing a blank away to Celtic. Since then he hasn't started a single league game.

Heckingbottom isn't getting the best out of any of the strikers. He hasn't improved a single player.

IberianHibernian
02-11-2019, 10:55 PM
In all the 50 odd years I`ve supported Hibs there have always been 2 or 3 ( or more ) young players in the first team or breaking into the first team . Now only 3 names are mentioned ( Porteous , Shaw and F Murray ) and none played today ( know Porteous was suspended ) . Aware several youngsters are on loan at other clubs but Sean Mackie is only who is playing at a reasonable level . Lots of threads attacking PH but whoever is our manager in the coming weeks / months / years lots of questions have to be asked about youth set up and scouting ( in modern game we have to be looking for young players from abroad too - apart from the Polish goalie how many young players have we recruited from outside Scotland since Fenlon signed promising Irish striker Mulhall ? ).

Unseen work
03-11-2019, 06:55 AM
I’m confident if Shaw had played the same amount of games/minutes as Doidge and probably Kamberi he would have more goals.

Tbf they have scored 2 each so it’s hardly saying much.