PDA

View Full Version : F.A.O. Ron Gordon & Leeann Dempster

hfc rd
02-11-2019, 04:54 PM
Enough is enough!! Get that clown out the f****** door now!!

Allant1981
02-11-2019, 04:55 PM

Not quite sure what the manager could have done to prevent crap defending and an offside goal

wallpaperman
02-11-2019, 04:57 PM

Which clown? the Hibs player who easily gave the ball away in the midfield causing the first goal?

Or the inept linesman who cannot get them main part of his job correct?

Weegreenman
02-11-2019, 04:58 PM
Not quite sure what the manager could have done to prevent crap defending and an offside goal

He could have brought in better players instead of the pile of ***** that he has.

OxoHibby
02-11-2019, 05:01 PM
Which clown? the Hibs player who easily gave the ball away in the midfield causing the first goal?

So a Celtic player was marginally offside (without var) outnumbered at the time 4:1 and they still scored

SChibs
02-11-2019, 05:02 PM

He's a Tory, not doing his job correctly is in his nature.

Liam6270
02-11-2019, 05:05 PM

Not more jimmy sturgeon spam on here surely?

Weegreenman
02-11-2019, 05:06 PM
I feel we’re going to be stuck with those players for a good while. Any new manager coming in would need to do some major surgery to get this lot clicking!

Buckle up for a bumpy ride guys!

One Day Soon
02-11-2019, 05:09 PM
Not more jimmy sturgeon spam on here surely?

It's Krankie-tastic.

Hakim Sar
02-11-2019, 05:11 PM
The rebuild our squad needs is absolutely remarkable.

Heckingbottom has completely missed the mark for what is required in our league. Some of the players he has inherited mind are very limited football players and get shown up without a quality midfield to help out.

What a mess!!

madhatter
02-11-2019, 05:13 PM
Our recruitment has been absolutely shocking. Manager’s position should be considered but we should be doing a serious examination on how our recruitment has been so bad each summer window.

wallpaperman
02-11-2019, 05:17 PM
So a Celtic player was marginally offside (without var) outnumbered at the time 4:1 and they still scored

How can you be outnumbered when you are ahead of all the defenders who had held their formation correctly?

The Harp Awakes
02-11-2019, 05:23 PM
Our recruitment has been absolutely shocking. Manager’s position should be considered but we should be doing a serious examination on how our recruitment has been so bad each summer window.

Yes, the recruitment is indefensible. The players brought in wouldn't get a game for a Championship club.

James, Vela and Newell in particular are so brutally bad. Heads must roll and not just the Manager.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-11-2019, 05:25 PM

The spray paint has hardly dried and Leveins out. Sleep easy.

neil7908
02-11-2019, 05:27 PM
Yes, the recruitment is indefensible. The players brought in wouldn't get a game for a Championship club.

James, Vela and Newell in particular are so brutally bad. Heads must roll and not just the Manager.

Doidge and Jackson are no better. I'd take Brian Graham and Liam Fontaine ahead of those two, and I guarantee they'd cost us a hell of a lot less in wages.

Hibee Mac
02-11-2019, 05:27 PM

Too late we just promoted our head of recruitment!

stoneyburn hibs
02-11-2019, 05:29 PM
It's Krankie-tastic.

Fabulous, pat yourself on the head.

hfc rd
02-11-2019, 05:31 PM
The spray paint has hardly dried and Leveins out. Sleep easy.

??

One Day Soon
02-11-2019, 05:32 PM

Aww, diddums. Humourless much?

A Hi-Bee
02-11-2019, 05:34 PM

He picked the team and bought most of the duds that he puts on the park, get him out of the club now.

A Hi-Bee
02-11-2019, 05:36 PM

We need a clear out from top to bottom.

JeMeSouviens
02-11-2019, 05:36 PM

Difficult to say, let us know when there’s some humour to check against. :wink:

Liam6270
02-11-2019, 05:37 PM

Uh don’t make fun of the Scottish nazi party

stoneyburn hibs
02-11-2019, 05:40 PM

You're reply is about as original as the quoted post.

stoneyburn hibs
02-11-2019, 05:42 PM

You'll need to explain the nazi comment.

One Day Soon
02-11-2019, 05:43 PM

I wouldn't go that far but nats and trots are both famously lacking in self-humour.

Beefster
02-11-2019, 05:48 PM
Can we change the title of the thread to Heckys' failures?

Wrong thread.

OxoHibby
02-11-2019, 05:48 PM
How can you be outnumbered when you are ahead of all the defenders who had held their formation correctly?

Did you actually see the defending?

Liam6270
02-11-2019, 05:49 PM
You'll need to explain the nazi comment.

Bloody autospell

stoneyburn hibs
02-11-2019, 05:56 PM
Bloody autospell

Thought as much.

wallpaperman
02-11-2019, 06:32 PM
Did you actually see the defending?

You don’t think that the linesman’s inability to do his job right had any bearing on the Hibs defenders being not exactly in the best position for the second goal? Deary me.

lyonhibs
02-11-2019, 06:39 PM
These threads that start before the final whistle are even worse than Heckingbottom tbf.

The Wireless
03-11-2019, 10:19 AM
I can’t help but wonder

Why a wealthy individual from across the pond would want to buy a Scottish Football Club? A club which had underachieved over the lifetime of much of its fan base. Most Hibs supporters welcomed in hope and expectation a fresh impetus coming from strong leadership and investment. I am sadly becoming of the opinion Ron might have bitten off more than he can chew. The lack of communication from his CEO since the Lennon- gate saga and the buy out of the Farmer/Petrie reign is not coincidental. At this moment the clubs supporters require direction from off the park and at my time of posting the fans are watching our club undo the few years of progress we have witnessed under Stubbs & Lennon, and a return to mediocrity has arrived at an alarming pace. As a disillusioned supporter it is imperative the decisions of the board are critical in taking our Football team to where they can realise its potential as a capital city club. I have a gut feeling they are lacking the skills to make the right decisions regarding the fundamentals.
I challenge them to prove me wrong.:flag:

cabbageandribs1875
03-11-2019, 10:26 AM
can we not appeal to Dr Budge to try force Ron @ Leeann's hand

they'll maybe listen to her

:whistle:

MrSmith
03-11-2019, 10:39 AM

Great response to utter stupidity.

MrSmith
03-11-2019, 10:39 AM

Please feel free to explain that comment???

MrSmith
03-11-2019, 10:41 AM
I wouldn't go that far but nats and trots are both famously lacking in self-humour.

nats and trots???

lucky
03-11-2019, 10:53 AM
Doidge and Jackson are no better. I'd take Brian Graham and Liam Fontaine ahead of those two, and I guarantee they'd cost us a hell of a lot less in wages.

Really? Both Jackson and Doidge did ok yesterday. But I do agree overall Hibs recruitment has been awful

Tom Hart RIP
03-11-2019, 01:26 PM
I read that Ron Gordon will be at the Hibs Ladies Civic Reception at the City Chambers on Friday so he presumably is in Edinburgh all week.
I assume there will be some discussion about the teams performances and Heck’s future at some point before then.

The 90+2
03-11-2019, 01:28 PM
Really? Both Jackson and Doidge did ok yesterday. But I do agree overall Hibs recruitment has been awful

In what did either do okay? Our striker didn’t score and our defence conceded five. Jackson was all over the shop in defence especially.

Lago
03-11-2019, 01:29 PM

He's a tooorie, it's all Westminster's fault, or a big boy did it and ran away.

Fife-Hibee
03-11-2019, 01:32 PM
He's a tooorie, it's all Westminster's fault, or a big boy did it and ran away.

Aye, Westminsters great.

:tumble:

I'm just glad I can always rely on Hibs to depress me even more than they do.

Gerard
03-11-2019, 01:37 PM
The Hibs fans are asking for more information from the PSH concerning the future development of our club.It has been 3 months since he last communicated to the fans. In that time we have a football team that is potentially facing relegation. We have a CEO who also has stopped communicating with the fans. This situation needs to be addressed.
I think we need a new HC and assistant.I am also concerned about the position of the CEO and perhaps that also needs to be considered.

lucky
03-11-2019, 01:38 PM
In what did either do okay? Our striker didn’t score and our defence conceded five. Jackson was all over the shop in defence especially.

Doidge competed and put himself about but didn’t get any chances. Jackson played ok but the fact that others were poor did not help him. Hibs problems aren’t in midfield, we just don’t have a physical mobile midfield. Both are better players than Graham and Fountain

CathroMustStay
03-11-2019, 02:35 PM
nats and trots???

Don't get mired in arguments with right wingers, not worth your time.

One Day Soon
03-11-2019, 02:43 PM
Don't get mired in arguments with right wingers, not worth your time.

You tell him CMS. :agree:

HFC 0-7

He could have played a left and right midfielder that would give some protection to the defence??

Perhaps not play a midfielder in vela that is as good as playing a man down.

Tully
Doidge competed and put himself about but didn’t get any chances. Jackson played ok but the fact that others were poor did not help him. Hibs problems aren’t in midfield, we just don’t have a physical mobile midfield. Both are better players than Graham and Fountain did doidge no miss a sitter at 4 2

Allant1981
03-11-2019, 04:17 PM
He could have played a left and right midfielder that would give some protection to the defence??

Perhaps not play a midfielder in vela that is as good as playing a man down.

If horgan and mallan actually moved their backsides then the full backs would have had protection

Allant1981
03-11-2019, 04:18 PM
did doidge no miss a sitter at 4 2

Nope

Hibbyradge
03-11-2019, 04:27 PM

If I was Ron Gordon, I'd be persuaded by that sagacious argument. :agree:

May21/05/16
03-11-2019, 07:44 PM
Tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

SteveHFC
03-11-2019, 07:46 PM
Tomorrow

:hyper

BoomtownHibees
03-11-2019, 07:47 PM
Nope

No sure if it was a sitter or no but he had a decent chance that Flo put across the front of goal, in the 6 yard box

MrSmith
03-11-2019, 07:48 PM
Tomorrow

I very much doubt it.

Pretty Boy
03-11-2019, 07:49 PM
There has been nothing on social media from Hibs at all today. That hasn't been the style this season. Even in the aftermath of bad defeats there have been the usual scheduled tweets about ladies games, post match interviews and the development team but nothing at all since the full time whistle last night.

It could be nothing but I think something may be on the horizon.

Hibeesforever
03-11-2019, 07:52 PM
Ron Gordon and Leanne Dempster have questions to answer, their silence is poor leadership. The fans dont believe in the manager, so who else should they look too.

hfc rd
03-11-2019, 09:42 PM
There has been nothing on social media from Hibs at all today. That hasn't been the style this season. Even in the aftermath of bad defeats there have been the usual scheduled tweets about ladies games, post match interviews and the development team but nothing at all since the full time whistle last night.

It could be nothing but I think something may be on the horizon.

Really hope so!

Liam6270
03-11-2019, 11:10 PM
Please feel free to explain that comment???

Uh oh here’s another one

monktonharp
03-11-2019, 11:36 PM
Uh oh here’s another onedon't think for a minute that you are off to bed so cleverly. this is a fitba forum, but if some indulge in slyly slipping in a wee political angle, others will respond immedietly.:wink:

ABZHFC
03-11-2019, 11:44 PM
In all seriousness, I won't be happy with just Heckingbottom gone, I really want Dempster to go as well. I don't think she has the passion for our club anymore, and she is a blockage in the system when it comes to communication, with her silence growing louder by the week. The truth is, many of the problems at our club right now are off the pitch as well, we are being fleeced by the club, and frankly I couldn't care much whether we finish 5th or 8th in the top flight, I'm more concerned at things like increases in ticket prices, charging ridiculous money for 'mascot packages' and a stubborn refusal to improve things like away tickets, catering or the atmosphere at ER for years now. Unless she's willing to open up on these issues and start addressing them, then I hope she gets shown the door too

Frankhfc
03-11-2019, 11:50 PM
In all seriousness, I won't be happy with just Heckingbottom gone, I really want Dempster to go as well. I don't think she has the passion for our club anymore, and she is a blockage in the system when it comes to communication, with her silence growing louder by the week. The truth is, many of the problems at our club right now are off the pitch as well, we are being fleeced by the club, and frankly I couldn't care much whether we finish 5th or 8th in the top flight, I'm more concerned at things like increases in ticket prices, charging ridiculous money for 'mascot packages' and a stubborn refusal to improve things like away tickets, catering or the atmosphere at ER for years now. Unless she's willing to open up on these issues and start addressing them, then I hope she gets shown the door too

This is complete hyperbole for starting a season badly. To start shouting about members of the board to be sacked and whatnot because of a blip is utter melodrama. Certainly question the manager at this stage but to be boldly shouting about 'sack the board' appears deliberately troublemaking.

Hibbyradge
04-11-2019, 12:21 AM
Uh oh here’s another one

Who have you directed that comment to?

And why?

Hibbyradge
04-11-2019, 12:23 AM

I'm with you about the mascot packages. It's costing me a fortune.

How many do you buy a season?

Dashing Bob S
04-11-2019, 02:05 AM
The Dempster out stuff is nonsense. She's done great apart from the PH appointment and one or two minor PR setbacks that have taken some of the shine off her tenure. I don't know what her relationship with Gordon is but she needs to get him told to move on the manager. The Yams will get a bounce from their new guy, whoever he is, and we're stuck with this nuisance.

Brizo
04-11-2019, 05:20 AM
I can’t help but wonder

Why a wealthy individual from across the pond would want to buy a Scottish Football Club? A club which had underachieved over the lifetime of much of its fan base. Most Hibs supporters welcomed in hope and expectation a fresh impetus coming from strong leadership and investment. I am sadly becoming of the opinion Ron might have bitten off more than he can chew. The lack of communication from his CEO since the Lennon- gate saga and the buy out of the Farmer/Petrie reign is not coincidental. At this moment the clubs supporters require direction from off the park and at my time of posting the fans are watching our club undo the few years of progress we have witnessed under Stubbs & Lennon, and a return to mediocrity has arrived at an alarming pace. As a disillusioned supporter it is imperative the decisions of the board are critical in taking our Football team to where they can realise its potential as a capital city club. I have a gut feeling they are lacking the skills to make the right decisions regarding the fundamentals.
I challenge them to prove me wrong.:flag:

A very eloquent post which more or less sums up my concerns.

The lack of communications from an owner who made his money in sports media and from a CEO whose background is PR and who in her first few seasons here engaged with us regularly, is very surprising. While I don't expect them to publicly comment on PHB or Boardroom matters some acknowledgement that they share the fans concerns about the clubs downturn and some update on the new owners plans would be good. However apart from Keirans excellent work, there is silence from the Boardroom.

Where I do disagree is the highlighted bit because based on Gordons business background and Dempsters previous successes here I think they do have the skills to turn it around.

JimBHibees
04-11-2019, 06:36 AM
The Dempster out stuff is nonsense. She's done great apart from the PH appointment and one or two minor PR setbacks that have taken some of the shine off her tenure. I don't know what her relationship with Gordon is but she needs to get him told to move on the manager. The Yams will get a bounce from their new guy, whoever he is, and we're stuck with this nuisance.

Totally agree with that.

madhatter
04-11-2019, 06:50 AM
Leeann has made a few bad decisions along the way tbh. Heckingbottom takes the biscuit though. Going from cup winning manager to Lennon (temperament and everything else) to Heckingbottom... Lennon had serious faults and I'm glad he's gone. However, I have no idea how we flipped from a passionate and demanding manager to a everyone's friend theory man...that was never going to work let's be honest unless you get a top coach.

I think Leeann's position will be up for review regardless of what we say, Ron wont want club hemorrhaging money. The fans walking away and managerial compensation payout. That's not what Ron wants I'm sure.

Cant help but feel this is the first wave in a Petrie style "manager hired and manager fired". Hope I'm wrong but these things tend to come in waves at Hibs.

The Leith Dutch
04-11-2019, 06:54 AM
I feel we’re going to be stuck with those players for a good while. Any new manager coming in would need to do some major surgery to get this lot clicking!

Buckle up for a bumpy ride guys!

PH needs to go and the players he's brought in haven't been great to put it mildly.

That said I suspect a new manager with 1 or 2 astute signings would actually get us solid mid table (clearly not the ambition obviously but right now I'd take it).
The squad isn't good by any means and it's horrribly unbalanced but it's not as horrendous as some are making out.

If you started by picking a team that's there to be solid rather than trying clever formations I suspect we'd improve.
Likewise the individual errors - confidence is shot to bits.
To be clear not saying the players are world beaters or will instantly improve to a level suitable for Hibs but the whole club
is in a mess and everyone is marking time to an extent till PH is out.

MacGruber
04-11-2019, 07:01 AM
PH needs to go and the players he's brought in haven't been great to put it mildly.

That said I suspect a new manager with 1 or 2 astute signings would actually get us solid mid table (clearly not the ambition obviously but right now I'd take it).
The squad isn't good by any means and it's horrribly unbalanced but it's not as horrendous as some are making out.

If you started by picking a team that's there to be solid rather than trying clever formations I suspect we'd improve.
Likewise the individual errors - confidence is shot to bits.
To be clear not saying the players are world beaters or will instantly improve to a level suitable for Hibs but the whole club
is in a mess and everyone is marking time to an extent till PH is out.

When you are alluding to us not being quite as horrendous as made out and can put out a more solid team you are probably right. Though if you think about it you would be acheiving that by playing the players he inherited, not with Vela, Newell, Middleton, James and the rest of his own motley crew

Ozyhibby
04-11-2019, 07:22 AM

She’s done ok but the commercial income at the club is miles behind Aberdeen and Hearts. That is a definite failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moody Blues
04-11-2019, 07:31 AM

Sorry Leanne i really do not think you have done great.

The Leith Dutch
04-11-2019, 07:32 AM
When you are alluding to us not being quite as horrendous as made out and can put out a more solid team you are probably right. Though if you think about it you would be acheiving that by playing the players he inherited, not with Vela, Newell, Middleton, James and the rest of his own motley crew

Yeah - generally agree although with some of them it's maybe difficult to judge as the team he plays is often so unbalanced.

He regularly plays a team with 5 outfield players that we all know are poor at tackling.
That leaves the midfielder at the base and the defense horrendously exposed.

Don't get me wrong, I suspect playing a proper team might just confirm your suspicions about those players ;)

Since452
04-11-2019, 07:32 AM
Saturday was a "free hit" if you like. I don't think it'll have made much difference to Heckingbottom's position. A defeat in Perth will probably be enough though.

Captain Trips
04-11-2019, 07:41 AM
If a manager is fit for purpose he should never be a game or two from the sack.

Gloucester Hibs
04-11-2019, 08:23 AM
Saturday was a "free hit" if you like. I don't think it'll have made much difference to Heckingbottom's position. A defeat in Perth will probably be enough though.

You'd like to think so but the parameters for his removal keep changing from game to game. Lose in Perth and it'll be, "ah but if he loses the next one he has to go". Take your pick from any game starting from Killie away in the league and he should've been punted IMO.

MrSmith
04-11-2019, 08:35 AM
Uh oh here’s another one

Another one? Care to explain that too or will you just slope off again?

I'm Spartacus
04-11-2019, 09:01 AM
I'm sure if this is true it will have been posted deep in the forum, but is it true Ron told Paul Kane and Willie McEwan at a meeting that all he wanted from Hibs was to get his money back - nothing more and nothing less.

Ozyhibby
04-11-2019, 09:02 AM
I'm sure if this is true it will have been posted deep in the forum, but is it true Ron told Paul Kane and Willie McEwan at a meeting that all he wanted from Hibs was to get his money back - nothing more and nothing less.

Ah good way of doing that is not to put your money in in the first place. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NC1875
04-11-2019, 09:03 AM

What would be the point of that ? Spend 7million to get 7 million back. Hardly business deal of the century that is it!

Heisenberg
04-11-2019, 09:16 AM
What would be the point of that ? Spend 7million to get 7 million back. Hardly business deal of the century that is it!

I’m not sure anyone really buys a football club these days with the intent to make themselves money. Ron certainly wouldn’t need to in his position, there’s plenty other ways he could’ve continued to make himself cash.

cmcd
04-11-2019, 09:28 AM
The Hibs fans are asking for more information from the PSH concerning the future development of our club.It has been 3 months since he last communicated to the fans. In that time we have a football team that is potentially facing relegation. We have a CEO who also has stopped communicating with the fans. This situation needs to be addressed.
I think we need a new HC and assistant.I am also concerned about the position of the CEO and perhaps that also needs to be considered.

LD hadn't given up communication at the Ross County game. She was talking to the fans and having her picture taken with the kids ( in the FF)

The 90+2
04-11-2019, 09:31 AM

To improve a football club and get back his initial investment once it’s time to move on? Promoting Scottish football to American viewers may help some other of his media involvement over the pond too.

Cataplana
04-11-2019, 09:32 AM
I’m not sure anyone really buys a football club these days with the intent to make themselves money. Ron certainly wouldn’t need to in his position, there’s plenty other ways he could’ve continued to make himself cash.

Mike Ashley is doing OK. Rangers actually pay him to stay away.

ABZHFC
04-11-2019, 10:06 AM
This is complete hyperbole for starting a season badly. To start shouting about members of the board to be sacked and whatnot because of a blip is utter melodrama. Certainly question the manager at this stage but to be boldly shouting about 'sack the board' appears deliberately troublemaking.

I'm not saying this because of our bad start this season, that is merely the straw that broke the camel's back, almost everything since we came back to the Premiership off the pitch has been poor, and that blame lies at the door of the board. I am more interested in people being priced out of supporting Hibs (which they will be), than whether we finish 5th or 8th in the top flight, as I said

ABZHFC
04-11-2019, 10:08 AM
I'm with you about the mascot packages. It's costing me a fortune.

How many do you buy a season?

You don't think our club should be governed with a bit of principle when it comes to this kind of thing? Starting at a minimum price of £155, going up to £180, ridiculous

I'm sorry, but these kind of things do matter to me, despite never having bought a mascot package myself. They are exploiting the relative boom in attendances at ER by overcharging in almost every department, and now the good football has dried up, it's starting to look especially glaring

ancient hibee
04-11-2019, 10:18 AM

No?

Hibbyradge
04-11-2019, 10:26 AM
You don't think our club should be governed with a bit of principle when it comes to this kind of thing? Starting at a minimum price of £155, going up to £180, ridiculous

I'm sorry, but these kind of things do matter to me, despite never having bought a mascot package myself. They are exploiting the relative boom in attendances at ER by overcharging in almost every department, and now the good football has dried up, it's starting to look especially glaring

Hibs charge the going rate, but no-one is forced to buy anything.

For example, Hearts charge £300 for their mascot packages.

If you want your bairn to be a mascot at West Ham it'll cost you £700.

ABZHFC
04-11-2019, 01:21 PM
Hibs charge the going rate, but no-one is forced to buy anything.

For example, Hearts charge £300 for their mascot packages.

If you want your bairn to be a mascot at West Ham it'll cost you £700.

This is how it always happens though, we drive our prices up and use the excuse of 'well look how much x, y and z charge'. That's not good enough. If Dempster wants to (rightly) talk about our community ethos, and emphasise the club's history - i.e. being founded to alleviate those in poverty, then we must make a break from some of the ridiculous excesses of modern football, and if it that means our wage budget is less than clubs like Hearts and Aberdeen, who will happily sell every part of their soul to pointlessly try and play catch up with the Old Firm, so be it

Hibbyradge
04-11-2019, 01:37 PM
This is how it always happens though, we drive our prices up and use the excuse of 'well look how much x, y and z charge'. That's not good enough. If Dempster wants to (rightly) talk about our community ethos, and emphasise the club's history - i.e. being founded to alleviate those in poverty, then we must make a break from some of the ridiculous excesses of modern football, and if it that means our wage budget is less than clubs like Hearts and Aberdeen, who will happily sell every part of their soul to pointlessly try and play catch up with the Old Firm, so be it

Nice words and in a perfect world, I might agree with your sentiments, but folk have already been slagging the club off for publicising community foundation stuff and not doing enough on the football side.

We must strive for footballing success first and foremost and that needs money.

Not to do so would be self defeating.

Whether we like it or not, Hibs operates within the modern football environment. If we want to exist comfortably in it, never mind try for success, we need to maximise our income.

Asking people who can afford to pay for luxuries like mascot packages, hospitality and merchandise is just one way to do that.

But, I sense we will need to agree to disagree on it.

Cataplana
04-11-2019, 01:40 PM

Are you sure we were founded to alleviate poverty? I always thought that it was as a healthy recreation for young Irishmen.

I thought the charitable causes came later. Not that it makes any difference to your point, I'm just unsure about the history.

WhileTheChief..
04-11-2019, 01:44 PM

See, I'm the complete opposite.

I don't give a damn about a community ethos or trying to alleviate poverty.

I want us to focus on being a professional football club, nothing else.

ABZHFC
04-11-2019, 02:02 PM
Are you sure we were founded to alleviate poverty? I always thought that it was as a healthy recreation for young Irishmen.

I thought the charitable causes came later. Not that it makes any difference to your point, I'm just unsure about the history.

We were not founded with the explicit purpose to alleviate a community from poverty (like Celtic were years later), but we were founded to represent a subjugated Irish community in the Cowgate, where poverty was fairly endemic, and help integrate it into Scottish life.

The fact we resisted professionalism (in comparison to other clubs) and were only too keen to play benefit matches to help Glasgow's impoverished Irish community, would suggest that our club's charitable instincts were present from our formation

ABZHFC
04-11-2019, 02:10 PM

I personally think that's a shame. Surely football clubs have something of a responsibility to promote non-partisan things like healthy living, mental health awareness etc. We have circa 17,000 people of all backgrounds attending our stadium every fortnight, and many more keeping up to date abroad on social media, wouldn't it be nice to think of that as a force for good?

I don't think being a community asset has to necessarily come at the expense of being a 'professional football club' either, it's simply saying that we can always do more as a club to help out the people of Edinburgh and beyond

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-11-2019, 02:13 PM

Quite right too, it's not really a football clubs responsibility.

NAE NOOKIE
04-11-2019, 02:29 PM

I personally think that's a shame. Surely football clubs have something of a responsibility to promote non-partisan things like healthy living, mental health awareness etc. We have circa 17,000 people of all backgrounds attending our stadium every fortnight, and many more keeping up to date abroad on social media, wouldn't it be nice to think of that as a force for good?

I don't think being a community asset has to necessarily come at the expense of being a 'professional football club' either, it's simply saying that we can always do more as a club to help out the people of Edinburgh and beyond

We should always have an eye on community involvement, but not ever to the extent that it distracts from the be all and end all which is winning football matches. When Ron Gordon came in its seems to me he had more to say about community than he did about the core business which is playing football and being successful at it.

Under the current circumstances its time to put the football side front and centre and start to communicate with the folk who matter most, IE the folk who pay their money every week and who want to to see a winning Hibs team on the park. It seems the more the fans get disgruntled the less we are hearing from inside ER and that cant be good.

The 90+2
04-11-2019, 02:33 PM
Well done in eventually doing the right thing.

May21/05/16
04-11-2019, 02:59 PM
Dempster is next