PDA

View Full Version : Announcement Springboks world champs

Wull
02-11-2019, 11:38 AM
Now common the Hibees for an unlikely double :flag the Bokke were brilliant by the

way

DarlingtonHibee
02-11-2019, 11:41 AM
Now common the Hibees for an unlikely double :flag the Bokke were brilliant by the

way

Thank god they won!

Cataplana
02-11-2019, 11:41 AM
Some result for the plucky South Africans, seeing as England were runaway favourites. I hadn't realised rugby was such a big thing in South Africa. Mind you, I get all my rugby information from BBC and ITV.

Would I be right in saying this is the first time South Africa has won the tournament?

Wull
02-11-2019, 11:46 AM
3rd time, what do you call an English man holding the world cup, the engraver.

DarlingtonHibee
02-11-2019, 11:46 AM
Some result for the plucky South Africans, seeing as England were runaway favourites. I hadn't realised rugby was such a big thing in South Africa. Mind you, I get all my rugby information from BBC and ITV.

Would I be right in saying this is the first time South Africa has won the tournament?

Rugby is massive in South Africa

Cataplana
02-11-2019, 11:50 AM
3rd time, what do you call an English man holding the world cup, the engraver.

Rugby is massive in South Africa

You would think the guys paid to give an opinion on telly would know these things.

As I cast an eye on my set through the week, the conversation seemed to centre on how long it would be until Eddie (The Greatest Coach on Earth) Jones could keep the run going. The consensus seemed to be that they would dominate rugby for at least five years, possible more.

They were already planning the stops for the open topped bus.

DaveF
02-11-2019, 11:54 AM

3rd time

DarlingtonHibee
02-11-2019, 12:16 PM
You would think the guys paid to give an opinion on telly would know these things.

As I cast an eye on my set through the week, the conversation seemed to centre on how long it would be until Eddie (The Greatest Coach on Earth) Jones could keep the run going. The consensus seemed to be that they would dominate rugby for at least five years, possible more.

Absolute prick Jones

One Day Soon
02-11-2019, 12:34 PM
Absolute prick Jones

England have got a great rugby team with some outstanding players and Jones is a superb coach but he can also be a total cock.

I think there's a British Lions tour of South Africa next year, can't wait to see that. Love wathcing the Lions.

Deansy
02-11-2019, 12:40 PM
Thank god they won!

Seconded !

Cataplana
02-11-2019, 12:54 PM
Absolute prick Jones

A face you would never tire of slapping.

The thing is, I would expect a coach who can guide his team to the final to have the brains to keep his head down in the week leading up to it.

Bloody idiot was acting like it was in the bag already.

HIBERNIAN-0762
02-11-2019, 01:04 PM
Such an arrogant little ****, smug as well, very unusual for an Ozzie to have a love in with the english, big fat wage helps of course

Glory Lurker
02-11-2019, 01:06 PM
I think there's a British Lions tour of South Africa next year, can't wait to see that. Love wathcing the Lions.

And Irish?..... You unionists are something else :-)

DarlingtonHibee
02-11-2019, 02:13 PM

2021 I think

One Day Soon
02-11-2019, 02:18 PM

Lions all.....I've little time for the semantic pandering to nationalists that requires keeping up with every faddish passing name change :-)

CloudSquall
02-11-2019, 02:18 PM

They cut off the Irish part after some ex Scottish rugby star (can't remember which one) said they were voting no because we wouldn't be part of the Lions anymore...

:greengrin

jacomo
02-11-2019, 02:22 PM

English rugby is never far away from succumbing to its own hubris.

Quite a few celebratory dinners with ‘the guys’ are going to feel a bit flat tonight.

Cataplana
02-11-2019, 02:58 PM

Quite a few celebratory dinners with ‘the guys’ are going to feel a bit flat tonight.

Scotland has developed a fail safe plan for not falling into that trap.

Jim44
02-11-2019, 03:44 PM
I feel a bit for the English players as I think they are a very good team but I’m delighted that the English media and wee Eddie will be absolutely deflated. :greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
02-11-2019, 04:14 PM
Is the comfort blanket out yet?🙄😀

jacomo
02-11-2019, 04:16 PM
Scotland has developed a fail safe plan for not falling into that trap.

I don’t think Scotland are far away as a good team. Small player pool though so disproportionately affected by injuries.

Liam6270
02-11-2019, 04:23 PM
So happy they won, the arrogance of the pundits and commentators was on a different level. Well played South Africa

Phil MaGlass
02-11-2019, 04:26 PM
England deserved to be in the final,the rugby played against NZ was top notch, I thought they were going to win it, but, thankfully didnae. Atleast they played proper rugby this time and just didnae penalty kick to the final.

The dalmeny
02-11-2019, 05:16 PM
I don’t think Scotland are far away as a good team. Small player pool though so disproportionately affected by injuries.

id take Jones as coach for Scotland, him working with Cockerill at Edinburgh would be hilarious

Scouse Hibee
02-11-2019, 05:44 PM
Is the comfort blanket out yet?🙄😀

Yes it’s well out, thousands of Scots are huddled underneath it.

BigKev
02-11-2019, 05:52 PM

We’re really not 😂😂

Scouse Hibee
02-11-2019, 05:56 PM
We’re really not 😂😂

You really are 😂😂😂😂😂

BigKev
02-11-2019, 05:59 PM
You really are 😂😂😂😂😂

Wasn’t Scotland bugging themselves up 👍 The tv pictures today of all the English expectant crying after defeat have been a delight. That’s not a comfort blanket, just wonderful viewing.

Scouse Hibee
02-11-2019, 06:01 PM
Wasn’t Scotland bugging themselves up 👍 The tv pictures today of all the English expectant crying after defeat have been a delight. That’s not a comfort blanket, just wonderful viewing.

It’s a comfort blanket for your own pish team, you know it and thousands of others do too. I find it hilarious listening and reading some of the Scottish guff 😂😂😂😂 Scottish folk creaming themselves when ever an English team loses at anything, they try to call it rivalry 😂

Carry on though it brightens my day.😁

BigKev
02-11-2019, 06:05 PM
It’s a comfort blanket for your own pish team, you know it and thousands of others do too. I find it hilarious listening and reading some of the Scottish guff 😂😂😂😂

Maybe disappear off a Scottish forum then if you can’t handle it.

We might be pish but we’re happy knowing it. Just like your football team the English build themselves up to be world beaters then fail at the final hurdle.

There’s a reason the majority of the world hates the English. Just you keep laughing though, it’s us who always get the last laugh 😂 😂😂😂

hibee
02-11-2019, 06:08 PM
I’m not a rugby fan at all but was delighted for them and loved the stories from the captain Kolisi.

He said he never dreamed of this as a child, only dreamed about where his next meal was coming from. Walked 10km to school every day and his dad was at the game having left South Africa for the first time.

They also mentioned he’d recently found his half brother and sister who were in care following their dads death and adopted them.

Scouse Hibee
02-11-2019, 06:08 PM

We might be pish but we’re happy knowing it. Just like your football team the English build themselves up to be world beaters then fail at the final hurdle.

There’s a reason the majority of the world hates the English. Just you keep laughing though, it’s us who always get the last laugh 😂 😂😂😂

I think I have made it quite clear over the years that I can handle it, it’s a two way thing though, some folk can’t handle that 😂

The majority of the world hates the English! 🙄

One Day Soon
02-11-2019, 06:09 PM
I’m not a rugby fan at all but was delighted for them and loved the stories from the captain Kolisi.

He said he never dreamed of this as a child, only dreamed about where his next meal was coming from. Walked 10km to school every day and his dad was at the game having left South Africa for the first time.

They also mentioned he’d recently found his half brother and sister who were in care following their dads death and adopted them.

It's quite the fairy tale and genuinely heart warming and life affirming.

heretoday
02-11-2019, 06:15 PM
It was a great win for SA. Make no mistake. England are the most powerful team in the world. They beat the All Blacks.

But SA manged to upset them, defended like demons and eventually got the ball out wide to stretch them.

SA are now number one.

One Day Soon
02-11-2019, 06:15 PM

What a remarkable pile of chips on your shoulder.

1. It's a Hibs forum not a Scottish forum.
2. We're not pish.
3. The English rugby team are world beaters - they've won a rugby world cup and are easily one of the top four teams in the world.
4. The majority of the world doesn't hate the English - that's just your weird perspective.
5. We only get the last laugh by virtue of them falling short, rarely by dint of our own triumphs.

BigKev
02-11-2019, 06:20 PM

2. We're not pish.
3. The English rugby team are world beaters - they've won a rugby world cup and are easily one of the top four teams in the world.
4. The majority of the world doesn't hate the English - that's just your weird perspective.
5. We only get the last laugh by virtue of them falling short, rarely by dint of our own triumphs.

Hibs are Scottish therefore this is a Scottish forum.
Our rugby team failed to qualify out the group stages; we’re pish
The English are second best after today’s result.Arguably Wales are better than them.
IMO most of the world does hate England. But that’s my opinion a bit like yours above. If it’s ok for me to have one with my chips 🙄

stoneyburn hibs
02-11-2019, 06:33 PM

2. We're not pish.

That's quite rich of you to say.

One Day Soon
02-11-2019, 06:36 PM
That's quite rich of you to say.

Smile mate, it might never happen.

Deansy
02-11-2019, 06:41 PM

It's not just rugby that their media goes OTT with though, it's basically all/any sport that their media can never quite see past England !. The Fooball World Cup being the prime example - no matter how good/bad the current side, as soon as the tournament starts the talk is as if they're already in the semis/final/won it !.

HIBERNIAN-0762
02-11-2019, 06:46 PM

That old chestnut? 😴😴😴😴😴

Scouse Hibee
02-11-2019, 06:48 PM
That old chestnut? 😴😴😴😴😴

Your comment applies to the post above.

HIBERNIAN-0762
02-11-2019, 07:01 PM
Your comment applies to the post above.

Whatever 😴😴😴😴😴

EdinMike
02-11-2019, 07:03 PM
Was wondering why I never heard any news about England being World Champions of such and such.. Partly cause it's Rugby and partly because they got beat.

Lago
02-11-2019, 07:42 PM
Your sooo right

Joe6-2
02-11-2019, 07:43 PM

Feels cosy too

CloudSquall
02-11-2019, 07:47 PM
It’s a comfort blanket for your own pish team, you know it and thousands of others do too. I find it hilarious listening and reading some of the Scottish guff 😂😂😂😂 Scottish folk creaming themselves when ever an English team loses at anything, they try to call it rivalry 😂

Carry on though it brightens my day.😁

Oooft, broken:greengrin