PDA

View Full Version : Moving Forward

ArmadaleHibs
02-11-2019, 07:22 AM
So it seems that Heckingbottom has the boards backing for now. If this is the case then let’s just get right behind the team and stop all the negativity during the 90 minutes. Today is pretty much an impossible task as we all know against a team far more capable than ours. But, and yes it’s a big but, we have actually beaten better Celtic teams than we face today with possibly a worse team than we have today at our disposal. You just never know in a one of game. Stranger things and all that.

I go to every game home and away and I agree with most peoples thoughts that we are a light touch, slow moving at times, pushovers and scared when in the lead. I believe the players have it in them to turn this around as well as heckingbottom and all it needs is the players to believe in themselves a bit more and Hecky to give them a bit fire in there belly and to start games with 2 up front and go for it. That is exactly what happened in the second half against livi. Amongst the dross there has been glimpses of some lovely football. I’ve seen it as I’ve been to every game so we know it’s in there. Hamilton, Aberdeen, Killy, Ross county and livi should have all been beaten soundly if our players had taken up on simple chances. That would have had us clear in second place. These players can control games but seem to panic when it really counts. Yes you have to blame the manager for this partly but these players need to give our manager more. They are better than this.

I’m always an optimist and today is no different. I live for my Saturdays to watch hibs and I’m old enough to know you have to take the sprinkles of good in football with the bad. Let’s just hope today is the day we move forward in a good way. If we lose then we lose but do it competing like hibs should. Get behind the team team today and let the manager manage and just see what happens.

Yes his time is probably up, and yes you can’t convince people otherwise, but today is the semi final of a cup. We’ve already shown the team and club we’ve had enough with the poor ticket sales. You support your club how you want to support your club, I don’t judge any individual on how they choose to do that and it does hurt to watch us go backwards so dramatically. This has been hibs for the whole 40+ years I’ve watched them.

Come on hibs. Believe in yourself today. Fans, players, managers and all

GGTTH

cardrosshibbe
02-11-2019, 07:53 AM
So it seems that Heckingbottom has the boards backing for now. If this is the case then let’s just get right behind the team and stop all the negativity during the 90 minutes. Today is pretty much an impossible task as we all know against a team far more capable than ours. But, and yes it’s a big but, we have actually beaten better Celtic teams than we face today with possibly a worse team than we have today at our disposal. You just never know in a one of game. Stranger things and all that.

I go to every game home and away and I agree with most peoples thoughts that we are a light touch, slow moving at times, pushovers and scared when in the lead. I believe the players have it in them to turn this around as well as heckingbottom and all it needs is the players to believe in themselves a bit more and Hecky to give them a bit fire in there belly and to start games with 2 up front and go for it. That is exactly what happened in the second half against livi. Amongst the dross there has been glimpses of some lovely football. I’ve seen it as I’ve been to every game so we know it’s in there. Hamilton, Aberdeen, Killy, Ross county and livi should have all been beaten soundly if our players had taken up on simple chances. That would have had us clear in second place. These players can control games but seem to panic when it really counts. Yes you have to blame the manager for this partly but these players need to give our manager more. They are better than this.

I’m always an optimist and today is no different. I live for my Saturdays to watch hibs and I’m old enough to know you have to take the sprinkles of good in football with the bad. Let’s just hope today is the day we move forward in a good way. If we lose then we lose but do it competing like hibs should. Get behind the team team today and let the manager manage and just see what happens.

Yes his time is probably up, and yes you can’t convince people otherwise, but today is the semi final of a cup. We’ve already shown the team and club we’ve had enough with the poor ticket sales. You support your club how you want to support your club, I don’t judge any individual on how they choose to do that and it does hurt to watch us go backwards so dramatically. This has been hibs for the whole 40+ years I’ve watched them.

Come on hibs. Believe in yourself today. Fans, players, managers and all

GGTTH

100 percent agree. As much as everybody vents their frustration towards the manager (me included), this should be an exception. Its almost a guarantee we will lose today but i wont be disappointed if we go out trying. Id rather the team put up a good fight and got beat rather than snatch an early goal and sit back, which rarely works for us considering we would be 3rd in the league if we had held on to leads this season. However, I think this would be an excellent way to kickstart the season again and find some run of form, even just showing the Celtic team who we are. Everyone knows we have a decent bunch of players and once it clicks (Granted, its taken a lot longer than usual), who knows? That might just be the boost this team really needs. For everyones sake, just back the Hibees today 🇳🇬 GGTTH