PDA

View Full Version : I like Hecky

lord bunberry
01-11-2019, 11:06 PM
I don’t understand the hostility towards the guy. He comes across to me as being a really honest guy that wants the best for our club. I don’t want to confuse this with his ability to do the job as I think his time is up as our manager, I just don’t understand the personal abuse directed at the man.

SteveHFC
01-11-2019, 11:10 PM
Someone been on the sauce tonight.

CRAZYHIBBY
01-11-2019, 11:10 PM
Nice guy...baw bag of a manager

CathroMustStay
01-11-2019, 11:11 PM
Depends on your definition of 'personal' abuse.

I've not seen or heard any abuse aimed against Hecky, that has been related to anything outwith his capabilities as a football manager.

A tiny minority of xenophobic morons might refer to his English nationality after our latest non-win, but nothing about his humanity or his family/friends/personal life.

Alan62
01-11-2019, 11:15 PM
I like a lot about him too. I also like the odd glimpse of decent football. I’m not so fond of the turgid dross and the horrible defending and I am perplexed by the purposeless tactics. But, yeah, I like him and his passion for the club. I just wish he could turn it round and save us from having to start all over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alfred E Newman
01-11-2019, 11:36 PM
I thought he came over very well in his interview dispite having some awkward questions fired at him. He does seem a decent guy and he obviously knows that if results don't improve he is going to be out of a job.

Power
01-11-2019, 11:39 PM
He’s a likeable guy. If he can get some fire in the players belly that would be barry.

lord bunberry
01-11-2019, 11:41 PM

I've not seen or heard any abuse aimed against Hecky, that has been related to anything outwith his capabilities as a football manager.

A tiny minority of xenophobic morons might refer to his English nationality after our latest non-win, but nothing about his humanity or his family/friends/personal life.
Well I’m afraid you’ve been living in a bubble, some of the personal abuse directed at him has been appalling.

lord bunberry
01-11-2019, 11:43 PM
Someone been on the sauce tonight.
How dare you sir :greengrin

lord bunberry
01-11-2019, 11:45 PM
I like a lot about him too. I also like the odd glimpse of decent football. I’m not so fond of the turgid dross and the horrible defending and I am perplexed by the purposeless tactics. But, yeah, I like him and his passion for the club. I just wish he could turn it round and save us from having to start all over again.

Well put my friend. The ideal scenario would be hecky turning it around starting tomorrow.

stokesmessiah
01-11-2019, 11:52 PM
Fenlon Mark 2

Captain Trips
02-11-2019, 12:12 AM
He is the stereotypical 1980s 2nd hand car dealer. All the talk sounds great but the reality is its all utter bollox.

LaMotta
02-11-2019, 12:24 AM
I don’t understand the hostility towards the guy. He comes across to me as being a really honest guy that wants the best for our club. I don’t want to confuse this with his ability to do the job as I think his time is up as our manager, I just don’t understand the personal abuse directed at the man.

:agree:

lord bunberry
02-11-2019, 12:47 AM
He is the stereotypical 1980s 2nd hand car dealer. All the talk sounds great but the reality is its all utter bollox.
What about anything he says is utter bollox? From what I see he takes responsibility for every result and wants to improve in the next game. That doesn’t make him the man to take us forward, but it doesn’t make him some dodgy dealer that you’re trying to paint him. I’ve read quite a few of your posts on heckingbottom and to be honest you’ve returned to your old calsberg days of hysteria.

matty_f
02-11-2019, 01:23 AM
What about anything he says is utter bollox? From what I see he takes responsibility for every result and wants to improve in the next game. That doesn’t make him the man to take us forward, but it doesn’t make him some dodgy dealer that you’re trying to paint him. I’ve read quite a few of your posts on heckingbottom and to be honest you’ve returned to your old calsberg days of hysteria.

Captain Trips
02-11-2019, 01:46 AM

No hysteria here, I think you are the one painting him to be something he isn't. Heard all his pish that I accepted on arrival key comments on what we would expect all utter bollox. I stopped listening to him weeks ago as the drivel he was talking before games never transpired.

I think he is at it and way out his depth and just gives us flannel and that's not my fault your sucked in by it as I am not. Manager takes responsibility for doing his job are you seriously giving him credit for taking responsibility for doing his job and wanting to improve next game?

Is that not er normal trait to have? Giving a manager credit for taking responsibility for his job. I think your hysterical if you think that is all you can offer in an argument.

Well you enjoy your Ford Cortina with one careful owner who was a vicar and only went to the shops in it. I will pass on this one.

lord bunberry
02-11-2019, 01:58 AM
No hysteria here, I think you are the one painting him to be something he isn't. Heard all his pish that I accepted on arrival key comments on what we would expect all utter bollox. I stopped listening to him weeks ago as the drivel he was talking before games never transpired.

I think he is at it and way out his depth and just gives us flannel and that's not my fault your sucked in by it as I am not. Manager takes responsibility for doing his job are you seriously giving him credit for taking responsibility for doing his job and wanting to improve next game?

Is that not er normal trait to have? Giving a manager credit for taking responsibility for his job. I think your hysterical if you think that is all you can offer in an argument.
I’m not really sure how to respond to you as most of what you’ve just said is completely undesipherable. I keep reading it, but can’t give you a proper response. Have a good night mate I’ll try again in the morning.

Captain Trips
02-11-2019, 02:01 AM
I’m not really sure how to respond to you as most of what you’ve just said is completely undesipherable. I keep reading it, but can’t give you a proper response. Have a good night mate I’ll try again in the morning.

Not that hard he talks pish you believe it I don't. You think because he takes responsibility for results he is OK. I expect him to take responsibility as per the job. Maybe you have had one or two to many and that's making Heckingbottom seem like he knows what he is talking about.

Owned Sir.

lord bunberry
02-11-2019, 02:10 AM
Not that hard he talks pish you believe it I don't. You think because he takes responsibility for results he is OK. I exoext him to take responsibility as per the job.

Owned Sir.
I don’t think he talks pish, I think he is a genuine guy who would love to be a success in his job as our manager. He’s not deliberately trying to make us a bad team, he’s trying as hard as he can to turn things around. Personally I don’t think he’s going to do it, but I don’t doubt his determination to succeed. You’ve mixed managerial ability with personality which is what I find totally out of order.

lyonhibs
02-11-2019, 05:29 AM

After the umpteenth press conference where he says things about improving, players taking more responsibility etc etc followed by another game where there's no tangible improvement in either 90 minute performance or result, it's not a unusual conclusion to draw that he's talking bollocks and/or unable to get his ideas across to the players.

He's got to go, and pronto.

Sir David Gray
02-11-2019, 05:39 AM

Personal abuse isn't something I agree with however people are hostile towards him because of how much we have declined in such a short space of time under him.

I don't doubt that he cares, I don't even doubt that he's a nice guy. None of that really matters though when the football team, which is his main responsibility, is failing massively and he seems unable to change that.

It's time for him to go but it's also not his fault that he's still there as I wouldn't resign either if it meant receiving a pay off if I waited until being sacked. The criticism for that lies completely with those in charge of the club.

Steve20
02-11-2019, 06:19 AM
I’m sure he is a nice guy. But we shouldn’t keep someone in a job because they’re a nice guy.

I’d rather have a complete **** as manager if it meant Hibs were winning football games.

makaveli1875
02-11-2019, 06:28 AM
He's a slavering delusional fanny , if he does the decent thing and admits it and ****s off this weekend I might start to like him, while he's here getting us relegated I hate the prick

Beefster
02-11-2019, 06:35 AM
I think he comes across as a bit of a smug prick. I’m willing to accept that my opinion is totally clouded by how pish he is at his job though.

H18 SFR
02-11-2019, 06:51 AM
Some of the personal abuse I've read on here, twitter and Facebook is horrendous. I've literally just taken the bait replying to a comment that he looks like a peado.

I've never personally met him but fellow hibs fans who have tell me that he is an absolute gentleman who comes across as wanting the very best for our club, our fans etc.

It's not worked out for him this season so far other than reaching today's semi. For his sake and all his efforts, I hope they get through today.

bigwheel
02-11-2019, 06:53 AM
I never like the personal comments on players or
Managers on social media and this site...makes me feel uncomfortable - all this hate and disrespect...by people that don’t even know the guy...

All I would say is that I’d like to see real passion and application from the players that wear our jerseys
Today..that will do for me ....

The Leith Dutch
02-11-2019, 06:53 AM

Judging by this board (which is obviously a questionable strategy :) ) there's a lot of it at our club too.
Whoever the current scapegoats are among the players being described as imposters and wage thiefs.

Thinking PH shouldn't be managing our club or that <insert player name here> doesn't deliver on the pitch for us and shouldn't be selected is totally understandable.
Not the biggest fan of that opinion being used to justify personal abuse.

blackpoolhibs
02-11-2019, 07:04 AM
I have never met him in my life, i have no idea if he's a nice man or not.

I'm judging him on what he says and his teams result, on that he's a slaver and a loser.

bigwheel
02-11-2019, 07:10 AM
I have never met him in my life, i have no idea if he's a nice man or not.

I'm judging him on what he says and his teams result, on that he's a slaver and a loser.

Surely in recent times he is a “drawer” ?

Brightside
02-11-2019, 07:12 AM
I’m a Hecky fan too.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-11-2019, 07:12 AM
Surely in recent times he is a “drawer” ?

Losing at least two points in almost every game isnae much fun.

hibsbollah
02-11-2019, 07:17 AM
There are always classless fuds willing to throw abusive words around. I'm one myself sometimes. you just have to stop and think about the effect all the negativity is having on the target of the abuse, you don't know what other things that person has to deal with in their life. It brings everyone down, including yourself. Call for a change of management, fine. Call him names, not so much.

Northernhibee
02-11-2019, 07:18 AM
He’s a very pleasant chap who is knowledgeable. There’s a lot to like about Paul Heckingbottom.

It just isn’t working out for him at Hibs and he’s not the man for the job.

Pete
02-11-2019, 07:21 AM

You're spot on and even this thread is evidence of that. Its pathetic and one of the reasons I'm starting to lose interest in all types of social media. It's as if it gives people a licence to behave like a child with no filter.

It's good to see that there are others who are equally as uncomfortable.

Smartie
02-11-2019, 07:26 AM
I’m struggling to correlate the man, who I really like and seems to talk sense,with the football, which isn’t good enough and doesn’t tally up with the chat.

He put himself under pressure with poor summer transfer business and I reckon he’s a tactical tweak away from having an ok side.

The man I like, the football is rightly piling pressure on him and some fans handle that in different ways to others.

MWHIBBIES
02-11-2019, 07:28 AM

Spot on. Personal abuse has been disgusting. Very ashamed of our support recently.

mcfly
02-11-2019, 07:31 AM
Regardless if you like him or not we all want him to succeed

The issue for me is 3 months I nto the season he doesn’t know his best team. The football is dull and boring
We aren’t winning games
Crowds are dropping

Ultimately if this continues he will lose his job as the board will fear a massive reduction in season ticket sales as fans will then hold the real power

Diclonius
02-11-2019, 07:46 AM
I like him too. I just don't think he should be our manager.

LancsHibs
02-11-2019, 07:48 AM
Don’t agree with personal abuse but I’ve got a bottle of Laurent-Pierre waiting to be cracked open when he’s gone:party:

euro Hibby
02-11-2019, 07:49 AM
By end of today, he will either have turned the tide or he will have the last nail put in his coffin ! I do not mind him and understand how hard it must be to go 10 games or so without a win and face the world but like
many others I think we have drifted back into the old days with crap, boring football and a few players who have yet o show they have their hearts in the club.

Phil MaGlass
02-11-2019, 07:54 AM
I think he is a very like-able guy that has vastly underestimated the Scottish game, he brought in second rate lower league players thinking they were good enough for us.
I think todays game will be competitive but not enough for him to keep his job, I also think this is his last game. I hope it is his last game.

J-C
02-11-2019, 08:14 AM
He's a decent bloke who seems to know his stuff and is a decent coach but has a poor eye for a player and stubborn when it comes to changing things.

Future17
02-11-2019, 08:16 AM

:greengrin

Doh Rae Me
02-11-2019, 08:22 AM
He is a complete fraud. Capable of talking bol***ks and being believed by people who should know better.
He's been found out and is now damaged goods. He is slowly destroying all the progress the club has made in recent years and is the reason I won't be in Glasgow today.
I don't like Hecky.

The Captain....
02-11-2019, 08:24 AM
I'd agree with the OP..there have been previous Hibs managers I've disliked more..notably Butcher.

I dont doubt Heckingbottom cares or is doing his best..for whatever reason it just isn't working. He just seems to be one of those managers who isn't the correct fit at a club. For me the Board and owner should be getting more criticism now..they can see the same things we all can but continue to back him against all rationale logic.

For his own good and ours I wish they'd work out a severance asap before it gets more poisonous.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

RMQ1967
02-11-2019, 08:30 AM
I like the guy too - it doesn't matter what he or LD or Ron say in these circumstances, they'll only get petty criticism from many who see things in only black or white.
I'm delighted our board are strong enough to back the manager. Results aren't great but these are increasing signs of progress & while that's the case the board are right.

hibsbollah
02-11-2019, 08:34 AM
I'd agree with the OP..there have been previous Hibs managers I've disliked more..notably Butcher.

I dont doubt Heckingbottom cares or is doing his best..for whatever reason it just isn't working. He just seems to be one of those managers who isn't the correct fit at a club. For me the Board and owner should be getting more criticism now..they can see the same things we all can but continue to back him against all rationale logic.

For his own good and ours I wish they'd work out a severance asap before it gets more poisonous.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

The difference between Calderwood and Butcher compared to PH is to me at least, neither of those two seemed particularly bothered about the mess they'd made of the club. PH at least gives the impression of desire.

The 90+2
02-11-2019, 08:36 AM
Not for me. He done a McLeish with Barnsley and would drop us like a stone if he could.

The 90+2
02-11-2019, 08:37 AM
The difference between Calderwood and Butcher compared to PH is to me at least, neither of those two seemed particularly bothered about the mess they'd made of the club. PH at least gives the impression of desire.

I wouldn’t say Butcher wasn’t bothered. In fact he probably did too much and was a complete dick to the players.

Vault Boy
02-11-2019, 08:40 AM
Like most on this thread, I agree. Absolutely nothing against Paul as a person and I'm sure some elements of his coaching are positive. However, in the role of 'head coach'/manager, he's failed at his job and should not longer be at the club.

Equally though, for the first time in quite a while, we are inundated with players who simply aren't good enough for Hibs and have lengthy contracts here. That's a problem.

scooby
02-11-2019, 08:42 AM
Clearly a theory manager who doesn't have a clue what to do when his VR view of things don't pan out in the real world.
I sincerely hope this is his last game and I can start to enjoy watching Hibs again.
The football we're playing is a direct reflection of his persona - dull, boring and uninspiring.

J-C
02-11-2019, 08:45 AM
It is possible hes a very good assistant but hopeless as a number 1.

neil7908
02-11-2019, 08:45 AM
If he was really a decent bloke he'd resign. That would require acknowledgement of his failure and actually accepting responsibility for where we are. Which he's showing no signs of doing.

Of course he shouldn't be subject to personal abuse but I haven't seen much in what he's said that gives me confidence in him.

matty_f
02-11-2019, 08:47 AM
I never like the personal comments on players or
Managers on social media and this site...makes me feel uncomfortable - all this hate and disrespect...by people that don’t even know the guy...

All I would say is that I’d like to see real passion and application from the players that wear our jerseys
Today..that will do for me ....

Same here. We're all meant to be on the same side, FFS. With friends like these, etc...

BlackSheep
02-11-2019, 08:48 AM
Unfortunately it’s his demeanour that is causing the form we have seen... he said on Wednesday post match that he shouldn’t have to bollock players to get a rise out of the team... well, maybe if he weren’t so nice they would show more commitment and passion.

If he can’t inspire a fire in their guts then he should be lighting one under their ars3s!

calumhibee1
02-11-2019, 08:51 AM
If he was really a decent bloke he'd resign. That would require acknowledgement of his failure and actually accepting responsibility for where we are. Which he's showing no signs of doing.

Of course he shouldn't be subject to personal abuse but I haven't seen much in what he's said that gives me confidence in him.

I’d hazard a guess that 99% of this board aren’t decent blokes then. Because I can say with a degree of certainty that the vast majority, if not all of us, wouldn’t walk away from a job we were struggling in when a big pay off was at stake (and probably forthcoming in the near future) and we’d possibly have difficulty getting another job on similar money after this one. We’d all stay in the job and wait for the pay off.

B.H.F.C
02-11-2019, 09:03 AM

Na, he wouldn’t. He’s entitled to his pay off because we were daft enough to give him his contract in the first place.

I want him gone as much as the next person but it’s up to the club to sort it, no him.

Captain Trips
02-11-2019, 09:10 AM
I think getting stuck into him personally is out of order. My thoughts are he is way out his depth as a manager here anyway and knows it so just comes out with what we want to hear.

I don't believe it genuine I think he is at it and I am not wearing it. If others want to think he is passionate or genuine that is up to them and fair enough. For me it is a pile of utter nonsense.

So based on that I do not trust him or think much of him.

Betty Boop
02-11-2019, 09:13 AM

Nailed it.

Yorkshire HFC
02-11-2019, 09:17 AM

He's got a 3 year contract does he not? Why should he resign? I'm sure he thinks that he can see it out and make a success of it. One of the things successful people have is 100% confidence in themselves - which I hope he has.

In my experience, 99% of people are "decent blokes" - it's only when people get in groups they start to behave differently - or ofcourse on the internet, where bullying / personal abuse is thrown about without a thought - refer to many of the threads on this website.

And I don't listen to any interviews that managers or players give - they're in a no-win situation and have to just trot out the obvious - if they gave their real opinions then they would get hammered.

04Sauzee
02-11-2019, 09:21 AM

You havent heard Hecky Hecky get to fu** at the last 2 home games?

The 90+2
02-11-2019, 09:24 AM

Fans want the under achieving manager to leave the position, it’s hardly wishing harm on him.

hibsbollah
02-11-2019, 09:28 AM
Fans want the under achieving manager to leave the position, it’s hardly wishing harm on him.

:faf:
Yep,telling your manager to gtf is just a standard chant.

02-11-2019, 09:33 AM
I think getting stuck into him personally is out of order. My thoughts are he is way out his depth as a manager here anyway and knows it so just comes out with what we want to hear.

I don't believe it genuine I think he is at it and I am not wearing it. If others want to think he is passionate or genuine that is up to them and fair enough. For me it is a pile of utter nonsense.

What about the players who have come out with comments backing him? Paul Hanlon a couple of days ago for example, he doesn't seem to think he's "at it".

Captain Trips
02-11-2019, 09:35 AM
What about the players who have come out with comments backing him? Paul Hanlon a couple of days ago for example, he doesn't seem to think he's "at it".

What about him? What you think he is going to say? I think what I think irrespective of what players say.

bigwheel
02-11-2019, 09:37 AM

Give us one example that would suggest he is not genuine or passionate ?

Criticise decisions , results etc all you want - but I’ve not seen any indication that he is not genuine, working hard and passionate about his role .

Captain Trips
02-11-2019, 09:38 AM

Well it can be changed to Hecky Hecky please go away.

Captain Trips
02-11-2019, 09:42 AM
Give us one example that would suggest he is not genuine or passionate ?

Criticise decisions , results etc all you want - but I’ve not seen any indication that he is not genuine, working hard and passionate about his role .

Everything he has said. Is that good enough? I see exactly same as you. I have decided that I do not trust any of it you are opposite.

You have no proof he is genuine other than you just think he is, I have no proof either other than nothing he says happens. So I have decided he is at it and winging it.

The 90+2
02-11-2019, 09:43 AM

It is when people want rid. It’s hardly calling him a ****er or whatever. Definitely not personal abuse.

Sir David Gray
02-11-2019, 09:44 AM

He's hardly going to say he's got no idea what Heckingbottom's doing, can't stand his tactics and the players he's brought in are largely sub-standard.

What else do you expect to hear from one of the most senior players?

The 90+2
Well it can be changed to Hecky Hecky please go away.

“Hecky Hecky please be obliged to hand it your resignation”

hibsbollah
It is when people want rid. It’s hardly calling him a ****er or whatever. Definitely not personal abuse.

I think you've missed the point.

The 90+2
02-11-2019, 09:46 AM
I think you've missed the point.

I thought the point was the abuse wasn’t personal? I may have missed it though if so apologies.

scoopyboy
02-11-2019, 10:27 AM
My understanding is the players like him and that hasn't always been the case in recent seasons.

I would have loved to see him turn it around but for me he is past the point of no return and better for all if he was to go.

Ideal scenario is Barnsley approach Hibs and we get compo:greengrin

Keith_M
02-11-2019, 10:29 AM
Midnight... p1ssed.... "I love everybody".

We've all been there :greengrin

H18S NX
02-11-2019, 10:39 AM
Nothing against him personally,just think he talks a good game but delivers a totally different thing on the park, i will be glad when he goes,hopefully after today.

Yorkshire HFC
02-11-2019, 10:45 AM

Yep - try it next time you're hacked off with your bank. Just walk in and start yelling abuse at the bank manager!

Onion
02-11-2019, 10:48 AM
Nice chap but getting paid a lot of money by all of us for abject failure. There's no place for sentiment in business and he should have been booted out of the club weeks ago. Every day he remains in the job is an insult to loyal Hibs fans and damaging the future of our club.

My main concern shifted from Heckingbottom weeks ago and firmly planted with Dempster, the Hibs Board and the new owner. They are cowards and compounding their mistakes.

The 90+2
02-11-2019, 10:50 AM
Yep - try it next time you're hacked off with your bank. Just walk in and start yelling abuse at the bank manager!

Who’s walking into the managers office and shouting abuse at him like?

chrisski33
02-11-2019, 10:52 AM
Can't say if he is a nice guy or not but he hasn't endeared himself to the fans esp in one interview he suggest the fans were causing anxiousness etc.
To me he has come across as quite smug and arrogant and quite passionless in interviews and he seems to talk the talk. However folk in the game have said he's a top class coach but sadly that doesn't seem being coming out in results and performances. Whether he's nice or people like him he's not the man for the job now.

biotech
02-11-2019, 10:57 AM
I’d like Hecky to be managing some other club. Any takers out there?

Captain Trips
02-11-2019, 11:09 AM

Aye OK compare those 2 jobs. Does the bank manager get given praise from 1000s of customers when all good and get his name chanted if all good? People wanting autographs etc.

Interesting comparing the down side of football world with a "normal" job.

02-11-2019, 11:18 AM
What about him? What you think he is going to say? I think what I think irrespective of what players say.

Was just wondering why when he says what we want to hear, he isn't genuine and untrustworthy but it seems to be different when it is a player saying what we want to hear.

IMO some people read far too much into what is said at press conferences.

02-11-2019, 11:19 AM
He's hardly going to say he's got no idea what Heckingbottom's doing, can't stand his tactics and the players he's brought in are largely sub-standard.

What else do you expect to hear from one of the most senior players?

I agree, see my above answer to the other poster.

KDY Hibs
02-11-2019, 11:25 AM
I think he comes across as a bit of a smug prick. I’m willing to accept that my opinion is totally clouded by how pish he is at his job though.

This.

Captain Trips
02-11-2019, 11:28 AM
Was just wondering why when he says what we want to hear, he isn't genuine and untrustworthy but it seems to be different when it is a player saying what we want to hear.

IMO some people read far too much into what is said at press conferences.

I find most players just say the usual guff most times. However I believe on this occasion Hanlon is for me a genuine person trying to be diplomatic and I do not really believe much of it.

I do not get this from Heckingbottom I get a complete disconnect from talk to what is on offer. Time and time again so therefore I think the guy is totally winging it.

Yes you are right most press conferences probably do get too much focus and you take it as you see it.

basehibby
02-11-2019, 11:40 AM

With the winless run we've had and the league position it's left us in the Hibs fans have NOT been hard on Heckingbottom and a chant or two of Hecky GTF after conceding yet ANOTHER equaliser at home to relegation fodder comes within the bounds of "entirely reasonable" in a football terracing context. Personally I would have sacked him Monday.

If we turn over Celtic at Hamden and go on a decent league run then maybe I'll be eating my words - I hope that's how it works out and wish Heck and the team the best of luck today against the Smellies :flag::flag::flag:

Northernhibee
02-11-2019, 11:43 AM
Can't say if he is a nice guy or not but he hasn't endeared himself to the fans esp in one interview he suggest the fans were causing anxiousness etc.

Well that’s probably true. I don’t need my arse to be constantly kissed and am happy for him to state the quite frankly obvious.

Was he without passion when he was saying at the tail end of last season that he “was in love this team and what they do”?

He’s not turned out to be the right man but I really can’t agree with you on that one.

Captain Trips
02-11-2019, 11:43 AM
With the winless run we've had and the league position it's left us in the Hibs fans have NOT been hard on Heckingbottom and a chant or two of Hecky GTF after conceding yet ANOTHER equaliser at home to relegation fodder comes within the bounds of "entirely reasonable" in a football terracing context. Personally I would have sacked him Monday.

If we turn over Celtic at Hamden and go on a decent league run then maybe I'll be eating my words - I hope that's how it works out and wish Heck and the team the best of luck today against the Smellies :flag::flag::flag:

If we turn over Celtic I still do not want him having the opportunity to have any sort of run. He should be punted after tonight's game irrespective. You play enough games you will win the odd one or two even if hopeless.

Cataplana
02-11-2019, 11:46 AM
Who’s walking into the managers office and shouting abuse at him like?

The stadium is his "office", when you think about it.

hibbydog
02-11-2019, 11:46 AM
Fenlon Mark 2

That’s my thinking on it.

I liked wee Pat. Gem of a bloke but just wasn’t up to it and whilst I knew it was the right decision, I was gutted for him at the end.

Heck looks similarly stressed and worried at the moment, and rightly so.

Captain Trips
02-11-2019, 11:52 AM

His job is nothing like an office job like a pop stars job is nothing like an office job. Where is the comparison of "office" job when a manager is on a great run and people can't get enough of them? It's utter nonsense to compare these roles. Should folk get abuse in any role? Of course not but I would do the job tomorrow irrespective if I get it tight as I think the good outweighs the bad.

Yorkshire HFC
02-11-2019, 11:53 AM

It is - I don't see why footballers are just expected to take abuse.

The Arsenal captain got slaughtered this week for having a go back at the people who had been barracking him - good on him I say.

I know that sport can provide people with excitement and disappointment - but too many people place far too much importance on it - it's just a hobby.

I'm a middle aged man - I'm not going to scream abuse at anyone! It's not worth it.

Yorkshire HFC
02-11-2019, 11:55 AM
His job is nothing like an office job like a pop stars job is nothing like an office job. Where is the comparison of "office" job when a manager is on a great run and people can't get enough of them? It's utter nonsense to compare these roles. Should folk get abuse in any role? Of course not but I would do the job tomorrow irrespective if I get it tight as I think the good outweighs the bad.

The Arsenal captain has been offered counselling because of the abuse he's having to take - for doing his job.

It's totally out of proportion.

basehibby
02-11-2019, 12:00 PM
If we turn over Celtic I still do not want him having the opportunity to have any sort of run. He should be punted after tonight's game irrespective. You play enough games you will win the odd one or two even if hopeless.

Well that is a frankly ridiculous point of view.

Given that he remains in the hot seat today for Hamden he will certainly not be handed his jotters straight away if he books a return trip at the expense of Celtic - and rightly so.

Nicho87
02-11-2019, 12:00 PM
1 win all season. Happy clapper, confirmed

02-11-2019, 12:03 PM
I find most players just say the usual guff most times. However I believe on this occasion Hanlon is for me a genuine person trying to be diplomatic and I do not really believe much of it.

I do not get this from Heckingbottom I get a complete disconnect from talk to what is on offer. Time and time again so therefore I think the guy is totally winging it.

Yes you are right most press conferences probably do get too much focus and you take it as you see it.

Fair enough.

Heckingbottom should rightly be criticised for poor results and performances. There are posters that go about it in a balanced and reasoned manner which is to be respected. However, there are also some people go way over the top and go looking for reasons to have a pop. Before he has even said anything, they have decided they are going to have a go at him.

Those that are critical but are also capable of giving credit when due are far more credible.

jacomo
02-11-2019, 12:05 PM

I think it’s fair to say that a lot of stuff directed at him on social media has been out of order. This is a sad fact of life these days.

However, it’s done little to convince me.

Captain Trips
02-11-2019, 12:11 PM
Well that is a frankly ridiculous point of view.

Given that he remains in the hot seat today for Hamden he will certainly not be handed his jotters straight away if he books a return trip at the expense of Celtic - and rightly so.

Jotters at 8pm is only way forward for Hibs.

Captain Trips
02-11-2019, 12:12 PM
Fair enough.

Heckingbottom should rightly be criticised for poor results and performances. There are posters that go about it in a balanced and reasoned manner which is to be respected. However, there are also some people go way over the top and go looking for reasons to have a pop. Before he has even said anything, they have decided they are going to have a go at him.

Those that are critical but are also capable of giving credit when due are far more credible.

To be honest there isn't a need to go and look for stuff to be critical about. Pretty much front and center.

Captain Trips
02-11-2019, 12:19 PM
The Arsenal captain has been offered counselling because of the abuse he's having to take - for doing his job.

It's totally out of proportion.

Once again ignoring the facts of comparing the uncomparable and not showing where in these office jobs that you go to office get cheered in get adulation from 100s of people. Which for most players careers is closer to the reality that there careers were mostly a positive experience.

No just take the exceptions.

cmcd
02-11-2019, 12:25 PM
He's a slavering delusional fanny , if he does the decent thing and admits it and ****s off this weekend I might start to like him, while he's here getting us relegated I hate the prick

Is this post from a juvenile

basehibby
02-11-2019, 12:29 PM
Jotters at 8pm is only way forward for Hibs.

Let me get this straight - if (and it's a big IF) Hibs put in a superb performance today and book a place in the League Cup Final your response would be to sack the manager?!?

Captain Trips
02-11-2019, 12:39 PM
Let me get this straight - if (and it's a big IF) Hibs put in a superb performance today and book a place in the League Cup Final your response would be to sack the manager?!?

Let's go with we play well and win you wish to continue with him based on what is clearly the exception rather than rule?

So please tell me we win today and fail to win next league match do you keep him? I not basing it on today I'm basing it on everything. If he happens to get a very very rare win just because it happens to get us to a final is no excuse to allow him to remain.

Do you want him to manage us in final even if by the time it comes we have still failed to win?

heid the baw
02-11-2019, 12:40 PM
When I look at the usual dross being trotted out as possibles for the job vacancy across the road it makes me think would you be excited about any of those candidates as a Hecky replacement?
Always wanted Michael O'Neil, would take Strachan, but beyond that I think we are as well sticking with Hecky for a while.

Keith_M
02-11-2019, 12:48 PM

"If we win the next game, you're gonna look stupid"

I've been reading variations on that for weeks. If he'd actually won some of those games, we wouldn't even be discussing it.

Captain Trips
02-11-2019, 12:49 PM
"If we win the next game, you're gonna look stupid"

I've been reading variations on that for weeks. If he'd actually won some of those games, we wouldn't even be discussing it.

Nobody looks stupid he has won 1 league match in 11.So to that point anyone being critical has cause. Winning today and next game doesn't make anyone look stupid. When we are 3rd or 4th THIS Season under Heckingbottom I will happily admit he is better than I thought.

I see what you are saying though.

hibsbollah
02-11-2019, 12:51 PM
Nobody looks stupid

That's a matter of opinion.

Sir David Gray
02-11-2019, 01:03 PM
Nobody looks stupid he has won 1 league match in 11.So to that point anyone being critical has cause. Winning today and next game doesn't make anyone look stupid. When we are 3rd or 4th THIS Season under Heckingbottom I will happily admit he is better than I thought.

I see what you are saying though.

1 league win in 16 if you go back to last season.

Captain Trips
02-11-2019, 01:06 PM
1 league win in 16 if you go back to last season.

Well if he pulls it out the bag today we can put 1/16 down as unfortunate and I will live with my embarresment of thinking he is useless.

Nicho87
02-11-2019, 01:07 PM
Calderwood once beat rangers away 3-0

If we won today.

100% I’d still be hecky out

Doh Rae Me
02-11-2019, 01:07 PM
Twenty nine consecutive victories. An aggregate score of 90-9. Celtic's winning run in domestic knockout competitions is unprecedented in British football.

The unimaginable isn't gonna happen under Hecky.

Captain Trips
02-11-2019, 01:09 PM
Calderwood once beat rangers away 3-0

If we won today.

100% I’d still be hecky out

I still think many are coming to terms with that one. What a night.

Bright_Hibee
02-11-2019, 01:56 PM
Some of the criticism is a bit extreme, but he needs leave.

heretoday
02-11-2019, 02:28 PM
Some of the criticism is a bit extreme, but he needs leave.

I agree. I like the guy's bluff Yorkshire demeanour but Hibs ain't going anywhere right now. If only there was an obvious replacement!

One Day Soon
02-11-2019, 02:35 PM
I don't see how he could sensibly be punted if he got us to the cup final - and I'm someone who really wants him to go.

The bottom line is that if his Hibs team turn the corner then we all turn with him. It appears impossible because he'd have to start by winning tonight and that just seems unimaginable. I suspect that a defeat tonight would leave him one more poor result short of goodbye.

And if he did somehow win us a cup we'd probably be better off waiting to let someone come in and pay us for him.

Captain Trips
02-11-2019, 02:40 PM
I don't see how he could sensibly be punted if he got us to the cup final - and I'm someone who really wants him to go.

The bottom line is that if his Hibs team turn the corner then we all turn with him. It appears impossible because he'd have to start by winning tonight and that just seems unimaginable. I suspect that a defeat tonight would leave him one more poor result short of goodbye.

And if he did somehow win us a cup we'd probably be better off waiting to let someone come in and pay us for him.

So wins tonight OK he just continues until final regardless of the results in league?

heretoday
02-11-2019, 02:46 PM

No way would he be punted! And if we won the final he'd be a legend.

But that's not going to happen.

SickBoy32
02-11-2019, 02:58 PM
Let’s see if PH has some balls.

Show us something today

hibsbollah
02-11-2019, 03:02 PM
The bottom line is that if his Hibs team turn the corner then we all turn with him

You'd think so, but apparently not it seems.

Captain Trips
02-11-2019, 03:11 PM

Win tonight lose next league game what you do?

Keith_M
02-11-2019, 03:12 PM
Well if he pulls it out the bag today we can put 1/16 down as unfortunate and I will live with my embarresment of thinking he is useless.

Me too

Win tonight lose next league game what you do?

Buy tickets for the final?

Jpdhfc
02-11-2019, 05:32 PM

Answerd youer own question.

Captain Trips
02-11-2019, 06:38 PM
Drivel

The 90+2
02-11-2019, 06:38 PM
So does the supporters of every club in Scotland. Great guy.

The Leith Dutch
02-11-2019, 06:50 PM
Answerd youer own question.

I'm assuming by the spelling that you've had a few.....

He hasn't "answered his own question" - he's making the point that people can think he's a
poor manager and want him out without resorting to personal insults.

paddy1875
02-11-2019, 06:58 PM
We actually went from Neil Lennon to this fraud. It’s actually beyond parody.

This man has taken us so far back in a short space of time it frightening. 95% of us can see it why can’t he

gillythehibby
02-11-2019, 07:24 PM
I don’t think he talks pish, I think he is a genuine guy who would love to be a success in his job as our manager. He’s not deliberately trying to make us a bad team, he’s trying as hard as he can to turn things around. Personally I don’t think he’s going to do it, but I don’t doubt his determination to succeed. You’ve mixed managerial ability with personality which is what I find totally out of order.

Agreed.

Captain Trips
02-11-2019, 10:35 PM
I don't like "Hecky"

GonzoReturns
02-11-2019, 10:44 PM
Tried really hard to like him and I think as a person he’s likable BUT as our manager sorry needs replaced!!! Take last three games has played the same formation (mostly same players) in the first half then clearly isn’t working changes to two up top and surprise surprise we start playing better why why oh why did he not start today’s game with the same players/formation as we finished on Wednesday!!!

Squirrel 1875
02-11-2019, 10:46 PM
His arrogance is unbelievable, particularly considering he has no right to any. Had fans of other clubs messaging me today mentioning how arrogant he comes across. Not likable, just out of his depth.

Paisley Hibby
02-11-2019, 10:55 PM

I'd say your anger management classes are not working 🙄

matty_f
02-11-2019, 10:55 PM

But if the player says it, it's fact.

Captain Trips
02-11-2019, 10:59 PM
But if the player says it, it's fact.

Im talking about Arthur Heckingbottom Daley. I don't care what anyone else says as he makes Calderwood sound convincing.

hibsbollah
02-11-2019, 11:02 PM
Im talking about Arthur Heckingbottom Daley. I don't care what anyone else says as he makes Calderwood sound convincing.

I'm tempted to tell you to just ****ing shut your predictably moaning face and go to bed. That would be rude so I won't.

Captain Trips
02-11-2019, 11:13 PM
I'm tempted to tell you to just ****ing shut your predictably moaning face and go to bed. That would be rude so I won't.

Dont worry I also acted a bit of a phanny after my first pint. You will get used to it.

Do you have a newslettter I could sign up for?

Forza Fred
03-11-2019, 12:18 AM

That about sums up my feelings.

He seems a nice bloke who is trying very hard to be successful, but is failing, and he knows it.

Shame it’s not working out, and on a personal basis Ihave sympathy for him, but I won’t be sorry to see him replaced.

Unseen work
03-11-2019, 06:49 AM
I don’t hate him.

I hate what he is doing to my club however. Not through malice or intent, he’s just not up to it and I don’t think fully gets the club. Coming from England I think he has the mindset of The Oldfirm being well above and anything other than a defeat is a bonus.

Whilst he come across genuine etc, I don’t think he speaks particularly passionately or exciting which deflates a lot of our fans.

Cataplana
03-11-2019, 07:59 AM

"The Office" is a euphemism for workplace. So, you are abusing him at his place of work.

I do agree that his work is not the same as most people's, and it's a bit naff when people say it is. Far from saying "he's just like me", I think it's a case of saying, "I'm just like him."

How boring a world it would be if entertainment was as boring as HR, Computer Programming, or Telephony.

Leith Green
03-11-2019, 08:25 AM
I don’t hate him.

I hate what he is doing to my club however. Not through malice or intent, he’s just not up to it and I don’t think fully gets the club. Coming from England I think he has the mindset of The Oldfirm being well above and anything other than a defeat is a bonus.

Whilst he come across genuine etc, I don’t think he speaks particularly passionately or exciting which deflates a lot of our fans.

You are spot on with that summary imo. He showed his intent against celtic in the cup last season where we just sat in and tried to defend. He did the same vs the huns at easter rd shortly after.

Hermit Crab
03-11-2019, 08:47 AM
This thread is moon howler stuff.

we are hibs
03-11-2019, 09:15 AM
Boohoo.

HFC 0-7
03-11-2019, 09:35 AM
If he was such a nice guy he would walk. What can fans do to try and influence the board to act other than voice their displeasure in the way they are. People want PH out, they have for weeks now. Nothing is changing so the displeasure rises, fans get more frustrated because nothing is changing and their is no acknowledgement of the position we are in from those in charge, just the same rubbish spouted by the manager every week. I would go as far as saying that heckingbottom is arrogant in that he doesn’t admit to his own failings here. Last week blaming the players saying it needed a tactical change for them to start playing. I would say it was his initial system that was at fault, he changed it and it fixed things. Same again yesterday, his rubbish system, he then took off an awful player and 2 up top and we were better!

Pete
03-11-2019, 09:45 AM

😂