PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Rocky

Torto7062
01-11-2019, 09:07 PM
I reckon if he doesn't start tomorrow he'll be telling his agent to find a new club

For me he's the better keeper end of.

Thoughts ?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Iggy Pope
01-11-2019, 09:08 PM
I can’t keep up with the competitions.

theonlywayisup
01-11-2019, 09:09 PM
Not another competition :grr:

:greengrin

California-Hibs
01-11-2019, 10:28 PM
I'd feel much better if he was the one between the sticks. Great keeper!

cabbageandribs1875
01-11-2019, 10:47 PM
thought it was bye bye baby
baby bye bye

JimBHibees
01-11-2019, 10:49 PM
thought it was bye bye baby
baby bye bye

Or Rock a bye baby. :greengrin

Unseen work
01-11-2019, 10:58 PM
He’s made a lot of mistakes this season as was rightly dropped.

Maxwell has done well since coming in and is a big part of why we’ve not been losing.

brianmc
01-11-2019, 10:59 PM
Rocky makes saves. In fact he often makes great saves.

However... He's **** at crosses - always punching them, even under zero pressure, and usually he punches them downwards towards the edge of the box. This frequently turns a no pressure incident into a panic (certainly panics the defenders) and often a goal.

His distribution is poor and he's slow off his line anticipating dangerous attacks.

Maxwell: Commands his box, instills confidence in his defenders, can catch a cross, is quick off his line to cut out dangerous balls into the box, good distribution BUT
NEVER seems to save a shot.
If it's on target, it's a goal.

I like Rocky, but if it was my call tomorrow I'd go with Maxwell.

(I'd pick both together if I could!!!).

Power
01-11-2019, 11:02 PM

However... He's **** at crosses - always punching them, even under zero pressure, and usually he punches them downwards towards the edge of the box. This frequently turns a no pressure incident into a panic (certainly panics the defenders) and often a goal.

His distribution is poor and he's slow off his line anticipating dangerous attacks.

Maxwell: Commands his box, instills confidence in his defenders, can catch a cross, is quick off his line to cut out dangerous balls into the box, good distribution BUT

That’s a fair assessment of where I see it.

superfurryhibby
01-11-2019, 11:03 PM
Whev’s.

DH1875
01-11-2019, 11:10 PM
Said this weeks ago. He's apparently got an offer from an Italian side to join in the winter window. He's off in my opinion.

rotherhamrob
01-11-2019, 11:18 PM

I seem to remember that a lot of people said the same about Bogdan last year(myself included) but by the end of the year I'd have been quite happy to keep him on.

FilipinoHibs
01-11-2019, 11:30 PM

Maxwell has done well since coming in and is a big part of why we’ve not been losing.

Takes crosses and comes out for the ball. Almost playing as a sweeper. Better and quicker distribution.

ivan03
02-11-2019, 12:46 AM
I was sat right behind the goals at Hamilton (my mate is in a wheelchair so was literally right behind the goal) Maxwell is so loud and directs players through everything, that’s what you need from your keeper being able to see the whole pitch. Rocky on the other hand is a mouse, don’t think he communicates whatsoever.

Agree with the post earlier, rocky makes some great saves, a lot he makes look better than they need to be, but Maxwell is by far a better all round keeper, similar opinion to what I have on Bogdan last season actually.

BILLYHIBS
02-11-2019, 04:01 AM
My heart says Rocky but my head says Maxwell

Sorry Rocky

We need to win and Maxwell is the man in possession and has done little wrong

Who knows tonight be the night that Maxwell lets his guard down

I hope not all that matters is a HIBS win by hook or by crook

Bring it on!

Just_Jimmy
02-11-2019, 04:39 AM
I like my keeper to stop the ball going in the net.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Heckys Wheel
02-11-2019, 04:59 AM
Said this weeks ago. He's apparently got an offer from an Italian side to join in the winter window. He's off in my opinion.

He’s under contract for another season after this. He’s going nowhere unless Hibs agree to it.

BILLYHIBS
02-11-2019, 05:05 AM

‘Rocky four league games 13 goals lost :confused:

Go figure :greengrin

Orchard_Hibs
02-11-2019, 05:15 AM
Some of the slaying of Rocky is unbelievable. With rocky in goal we where competing at the top end of the division, the defence in front of him has only really lost one player in efe. Maxwell doesn’t make game winning saves Rocky does. Maxwell does the basics reasonably well but has failed to produce a save of any kind to turn a match. You only have to look at Rocky’s performances agains Celtic in the last two seasons to see why he should be between the sticks.

Steve20
02-11-2019, 05:21 AM
Rocky is a far better keeper than Maxwell. Just another poor decision by the manager.

Maxwell doesn’t save shots. You can’t have a keeper like that.

JimBHibees
02-11-2019, 05:56 AM
‘Rocky four league games 13 goals lost :confused:

Go figure :greengrin

Yep he was having a mare. Maxwell has done fine up to Rocky to win his place back.

JimBHibees
02-11-2019, 05:57 AM
Some of the slaying of Rocky is unbelievable. With rocky in goal we where competing at the top end of the division, the defence in front of him has only really lost one player in efe. Maxwell doesn’t make game winning saves Rocky does. Maxwell does the basics reasonably well but has failed to produce a save of any kind to turn a match. You only have to look at Rocky’s performances agains Celtic in the last two seasons to see why he should be between the sticks.

Maxwell had an excellent one on one save n recent Celtic match.

BILLYHIBS
02-11-2019, 06:06 AM
Yip!

If that was Rocky penalty to Celtic also had an excellent point blank save that took a deflection and held it in the same game second half

Weegreenman
02-11-2019, 06:16 AM
He’s up and doon more than a tarts drawers. If he isn’t prepared to stay and fight for his place then it’s 👋 bye bye!

The same goes for any of our players!

Since90+2
02-11-2019, 06:34 AM
Far superior to Maxwell.

Allant1981
02-11-2019, 06:46 AM
He makes the saves look good, yes he has had some cracking saves but most of them are for the camera, he has mastered making a save look good. He doesnt come for cross balls, his kicking is horrendous, decision making has been poor. his form has been poor this season and was rightly dropped

Sammy7nil
02-11-2019, 06:47 AM

He’s up and doon more than a tarts drawers. If he isn’t prepared to stay and fight for his place then it’s 👋 bye bye!

The same goes for any of our players!

Agree with you all :aok:

davhibby
02-11-2019, 07:23 AM
I think saying Maxwell doesn’t save any shots is a bit harsh, it’s a tough one though as he’s not really done anything wrong since he came in but we’ve not kept a clean sheet since the last cup game. Don’t see Rocky coming back for today but you never know with Hecky I guess

SMAXXA
02-11-2019, 07:26 AM
No another thread on this 🙈. He will be away next season anyway regardless if playing or not at the moment. He’s not playing due to his own performances it’s as simple as that

Golden Bear
02-11-2019, 07:28 AM
No another thread on this 🙈. He will be away next season anyway regardless if playing or not at the moment. He’s not playing due to his own performances it’s as simple as that

Exactly!

We must have had about 4 or 5 theads on the same subject.

green day
02-11-2019, 07:33 AM
He’s under contract for another season after this. He’s going nowhere unless Hibs agree to it.

We have been looking at another keeper recently. Don't know if it was for devt team or first.

neil7908
02-11-2019, 07:54 AM
Rocky is the better keeper.

Who's playing better now is up for debate though.

I do seriously question leaving an international goalkeeper who is contracted to the club on the bench in place of a guy on loan until the end of the season.

We might end up looking for 2 goalkeepers at the end of the season at this rate.

J-C
02-11-2019, 08:02 AM
Has to be said that a lot of the goals this season let in by Rocky he had a horrendous defence and midfield in front of him. I too question giving a 2nd string Championship keeper the gloves before our contracted international keeper, maybe the things in the press he was meant to have said has pissed off Heckingbottom.

Hibee Mac
02-11-2019, 08:23 AM
I think almost everyone is in agreement that Rocky is the better shot stopper (by a long distance) but Maxwell is probably better at the more all-round general keeper things, although he barely saves anything on target.

We are playing Celtic today, there are guaranteed to be a number of good shots on target, part of me thinks Rocky is the better choice for this game.

SunshineOnLeith
02-11-2019, 08:32 AM
Marciano is a much, much better goalie than anyone else we could conceivably sign. Don't blame him if he wants out of a losing team with a loser of a manager who plays some no mark loanee ahead of him.

Best goalie we've had since Jim Leighton, talk of us getting a very good fee for him if he was going to leave, and now we're probably going to let him go for next to nothing because Heckingbottom doesn't fancy him. Mental.

Northernhibee
02-11-2019, 08:36 AM
Marciano is a much, much better goalie than anyone else we could conceivably sign. Don't blame him if he wants out of a losing team with a loser of a manager who plays some no mark loanee ahead of him.

Best goalie we've had since Jim Leighton, talk of us getting a very good fee for him if he was going to leave, and now we're probably going to let him go for next to nothing because Heckingbottom doesn't fancy him. Mental.
Yet Marciano was pish at the start of the season and Maxwell hasn’t been.

I do wonder about the agenda of those who are berating Maxwells who has been pretty decent.

Scouse Hibee
02-11-2019, 08:38 AM

Me too that’s why I had no complaints when Rocky was dropped.

Allant1981
02-11-2019, 08:39 AM

Marcianos form when he was first pick was not good though, he was deservedly dropped

02-11-2019, 08:45 AM

Agree with most of this but the bit in bold is a little bit harsh. He hasn't yet made any brilliant saves and he hasn't made any howlers, as far as I recall. There are one or two that could be argued he could have reached like the Hearts 2nd goal but I didn't think so.

I like Rocky a lot but on balance I have Maxwell as slightly ahead at the moment based on his command of the box. I'd say some of the crosses he's taken and dangerous through balls he's beaten an attacker to would have resulted in goals against Rocky staying on his line. It isn't so easy to say which ones though because Maxwell cut out the danger before it fully materialised. Now that Maxwell has had a run of games, when Rocky gets his chance again I can imagine there will be one or two goals where I'll think Maxwell would have come off his line and got it.

Since90+2
02-11-2019, 08:46 AM
Yet Marciano was pish at the start of the season and Maxwell hasn’t been.

I do wonder about the agenda of those who are berating Maxwells who has been pretty decent.

What sort of agenda are you talking about? Alot of folk just seen to think Marciano is the better keeper.

The Modfather
02-11-2019, 08:47 AM
Marciano is a good keeper but was dropped for a reason. Maxwell has been consistent and deserves the gloves until his form drops or he makes a few mistakes.

I like Marciano, but think some folk go overboard in how good he is. I’d be more than happy to keep him and happy if he wins his spot back. However if we were to get good money for him I’d be inclined to take it to improve the midfield. With Bogdan and Maxwell we’ve shown there are decent keepers out there within our budget IMO.

02-11-2019, 08:52 AM
I reckon if he doesn't start tomorrow he'll be telling his agent to find a new club

For me he's the better keeper end of.

Thoughts ?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Thanks for giving me laugh by following up "end of" with "Thoughts?"

churchie16
02-11-2019, 09:01 AM

So we go with a keeper that can’t save shots and leave a keeper on the bench who saves shots and some shots we all go how did he save that against a team that will definitely have more shots on goal than us mmmm interesting,there is worse than hecky out there!