PDA

View Full Version : Past Hibs wins against the lesser greens

theonlywayisup
01-11-2019, 08:48 PM
Too much negativity on this forum. How about some past wins against the lessers? Which is your favourite?

McLaren and Slivka in a 2-1 win

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETYX5sWUftQ

Slivka and Kamberi in a 2-0 win

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIQKtFkQPsA

Feel free to add some others. Mon the Hibs.

Apologies if some of the links don't work.

theonlywayisup
01-11-2019, 08:50 PM
And how about one from 1978 - a great game including a pitch invasion and Jock Stein on the pitch that finished Hibs 4 - Lessers 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcZ0yrTT45c

Before my time but would have been great to be at.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-11-2019, 08:54 PM
Hibs 4 Celtic 3 (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uqvQTxKp5Ag)

Iggy Pope
01-11-2019, 09:02 PM
Just for tonight I値l go for a 1-0 win in 82ish. Jim McArthur saved a penalty and saved the rebound. Ally McLeod for us if I知 remembering right.

theonlywayisup
01-11-2019, 09:04 PM
And my favourite win against the lessers - the Archibald game in 1988. What a game, what drama and our own Alan Rough doing his bit too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqFqi-RAzWU

Hibs racing into a three nil lead at half time. Brilliant.

Killiehibbie
01-11-2019, 09:06 PM
And how about one from 1978 - a great game including a pitch invasion and Jock Stein on the pitch that finished Hibs 4 - Lessers 1

My favourite closely followed by the one 10 years later when Archibald scored 2 in the first 20 mins and Evans made it 3 before half time.
Penalty shoot out when O'Leary missed was a good game.

CloudSquall
01-11-2019, 09:11 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OYu2CI_Tbfg

Sheils getting a late winner in the 3-2 game after a Boric mistake, fantastic to get it wrapped right roond him and Legoheid Caldwell.

theonlywayisup
01-11-2019, 09:17 PM

Sheils getting a late winner in the 3-2 game after a Boric mistake, fantastic to get it wrapped right roond him and Legoheid Caldwell.

Brilliant game and great memories.

madabouthibs
01-11-2019, 09:18 PM
For me, the 85/86 seasons cup games would take some beating. Both at ER, 15 goals in 2 games, a penalty shoot out win, minor exuberance and major semi's. 😁👍🇳🇬

makaveli1875
01-11-2019, 09:18 PM
The game where Henrick larsson layed it off to chic Charney on his debut

Hiber-nation
01-11-2019, 09:20 PM
Somebody's got to mention the 72 League Cup Final :thumbsup:

brianmc
01-11-2019, 09:21 PM
Loving some of these ER memories...... But we're at Hampden tomorrow.
Feel free to post our victories against them from that venue in the last....30 years? 😬

Jonnyboy
01-11-2019, 09:21 PM
And my favourite win against the lessers - the Archibald game in 1988. What a game, what drama and our own Alan Rough doing his bit too.

I remember that game as if it had taken place yesterday :greengrin

On the East Terrace at the Famous Five end and my young son stood at the gate in the wall at pitchside. He had his pal with him, a Jambo who celebrated every Hibs goal which was funny to see but brilliant too

01-11-2019, 09:23 PM
The 3-1 at parkhead with shiels and brown scoring under Mowbray was particularly comedy laden, especially given their capitulation at fir park the following week.

iwasthere1972
01-11-2019, 09:23 PM
Somebody's got to mention the 72 League Cup Final :thumbsup:

Beat me to it. I was there. A great occasion and they had a team with so many great names including King Kenny.

Iggy Pope
01-11-2019, 09:24 PM
Feel free to post our victories against them from that venue in the last....30 years? 😬

****s sake.

Jonnyboy
01-11-2019, 09:25 PM

Boooooooooooo :greengrin

hibsbollah
01-11-2019, 09:26 PM

You ARE Brian ****ing McLaughlin aren't you:faf:

theonlywayisup
01-11-2019, 09:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4X4E4inkEg

Hibs 2 - Celtic 1

Hibs youngsters come from behind to beat Celtic. Kevin Thomson winner, Lennon in the Celtic team, Butcher commentating - wow that seems ages ago.

eastterrace
01-11-2019, 09:27 PM

Sheils getting a late winner in the 3-2 game after a Boric mistake, fantastic to get it wrapped right roond him and Legoheid Caldwell. was at the game and had to go to the hospital after it as my dad Had died when I was at the game , Brings back memories when I see dean shields winning goal.

theonlywayisup
01-11-2019, 09:28 PM

Bet you're a laugh at parties.

Jeezo :confused:

Iggy Pope
01-11-2019, 09:28 PM
You ARE Brian ****ing McLaughlin aren't you:faf:

:greengrin And I thought that wummin in the Deliveroo advert was irritating me as well.... in fact there she is again. I値l do ****ing time, I swear.

ancient hibee
01-11-2019, 09:34 PM

Andy Goram?.

Iggy Pope
01-11-2019, 09:35 PM
Andy Goram?.

Think Roughie was in for Celtic.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-11-2019, 09:36 PM
:greengrin And I thought that wummin in the Deliveroo advert was irritating me as well.... in fact there she is again. I値l do ****ing time, I swear.

Does my napper in! 😠

theonlywayisup
01-11-2019, 09:42 PM
Andy Goram?.

Yes, for us, but Alan Rough playing for Celtic helped us win the game.

I'll always remember that first Archibald goal, Roughie went down in installments.

ancient hibee
01-11-2019, 09:47 PM
Think Roughie was in for Celtic.

Ah.

The 90+2
01-11-2019, 09:51 PM
The 3-1 at parkhead with shiels and brown scoring under Mowbray was particularly comedy laden, especially given their capitulation at fir park the following week.

Great game. First time I seen us win in Glasgow.

The 90+2
Danny Galbraith 27 Jan. ****ing yasss

iwasthere1972

She reminds me of the ex wife.

Iggy Pope
01-11-2019, 09:53 PM

Upside down in a box?

Diclonius
01-11-2019, 09:53 PM
I've seen five, all at ER.

3-2 in 2007 (Boruc howler)
2-0 in 2009 (another Boruc howler)
1-0 in 2013 (Griffiths game)
and the two recent wins.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-11-2019, 09:55 PM

Could she not cook either?

Roxyhibee
01-11-2019, 09:58 PM
The 5-3 Dryborough Cup Final win still holds a special place for me as the start of a great era.

Plenty young Hibbies in my street, we couldn稚 believe it.

iwasthere1972
01-11-2019, 10:11 PM
Could she not cook either?

No. The smoke detectors came in handy. That was our signal that dinner was ready.

iwasthere1972
01-11-2019, 10:13 PM
The 5-3 Dryborough Cup Final win still holds a special place for me as the start of a great era.

Plenty young Hibbies in my street, we couldn稚 believe it.

IIRC We paraded the cup at the next midweek game at Easter Road. I can only say that whatever the cup was being paraded in resembled a wheelbarrow. They also mispelt Drybrough. An easy thing to do apparently.:wink:

iwasthere1972
01-11-2019, 10:18 PM
Upside down in a box?

No just annoying. I recently went for a hearing test and the young lady who was testing said hearing asked me if I suffered from any irritating noises. I said no not since the wife left.

SideBurns
01-11-2019, 10:26 PM
Just for tonight I値l go for a 1-0 win in 82ish. Jim McArthur saved a penalty and saved the rebound. Ally McLeod for us if I知 remembering right.

Aye, Ally scored a penalty for us first half, The General saved one from either McCluskey or Nicholas second half. Saved the rebound too; McArthur was brilliant that day. My dad took me into the Dundar End, surrounded by 9000 despondent Hoops fans - magic! '81-82 season.

brianmc
01-11-2019, 11:19 PM
Cheers for all those victorious Hibernian clips folks... And even those uncomplimentary posts towards me 🙂

If we're completely ignoring the fact we'll get pumped severely tomorrow (*today) then I'll sign off by saying my 2 favourite games against our ******* offspring were both at Parkhead.

McStay's "farewell" game before he moved to Serie A (he didn't!) when he threw his boots into the jungle....
He was still there in August when the next season started #embarrasing

Followed by the Jackson, Wright, Evans 3-2 game.

GGTTH 🇳🇬

wpj
02-11-2019, 03:19 AM
The Benny hatrick in a "friendly"

greenlad
02-11-2019, 04:46 AM

O'Connor, Sproule and Brown.

Shiels did play and got viciously stamped on by McNamara, and the commentator Archie McPherson said Shiels "should just shut up and get on with it!" when showing the ref the studs down his back.

Brown's goal for 3-1 came about 60 seconds on a rapid counter after Celtic kicked off after Sproule's goal which sparked bedlam in the Hibs corner. Sproule being manhandled by a steward for having the temerity to celebrate and Morrow evading the stewards to jump into the front row (where we were).

we are hibs
02-11-2019, 07:11 AM
2-0 in 2008. Rankin squiggler but the 2nd goal was an underrated move. Fletcher nish and o brien involved iirc

theonlywayisup
02-11-2019, 07:39 AM
Great memories!

What may be surprising is that compared to many other teams in Scotland, the Hibees have a pretty good record against the lessers. If any team is going to stop them in their quest for another treble (obviously apart from The Rangers) it's going to be us.

Let's harness the positivity from this thread and stand up to this apparently immovable object. History has many examples of the favourite being beaten by the underdog. Let's hope we get another example of this at Hampden this evening.

02-11-2019, 08:50 AM
O'Connor, Sproule and Brown.

Shiels did play and got viciously stamped on by McNamara, and the commentator Archie McPherson said Shiels "should just shut up and get on with it!" when showing the ref the studs down his back.

Brown's goal for 3-1 came about 60 seconds on a rapid counter after Celtic kicked off after Sproule's goal which sparked bedlam in the Hibs corner. Sproule being manhandled by a steward for having the temerity to celebrate and Morrow evading the stewards to jump into the front row (where we were).

Yeah I remember shiels celebrating which is why I thought he had scored. Great victory

FilipinoHibs
02-11-2019, 08:55 AM

At that one with a Celtic mate.

FilipinoHibs
02-11-2019, 09:00 AM
4-3 cup tie at home was my favourite. What a roller coaster.

theonlywayisup
02-11-2019, 10:50 AM
Great memories!

What may be surprising is that compared to many other teams in Scotland, the Hibees have a pretty good record against the lessers. If any team is going to stop them in their quest for another treble (obviously apart from The Rangers) it's going to be us.

Let's harness the positivity from this thread and stand up to this apparently immovable object. History has many examples of the favourite being beaten by the underdog. Let's hope we get another example of this at Hampden this evening.

The Springboks have shown us the way! Now for the second upset of the day! About to leave for the bus: can't wait.

Yorkshire HFC
02-11-2019, 11:44 AM
I remember that game as if it had taken place yesterday :greengrin

On the East Terrace at the Famous Five end and my young son stood at the gate in the wall at pitchside. He had his pal with him, a Jambo who celebrated every Hibs goal which was funny to see but brilliant too

This was the time that I was attending most games - in my early 20s - remember this game well and didn't realise it was Archibalds debut.

My memory is that we never did well against Celtic in that period - don't know how accurate that it compared to today - that was a good game though - 3 - 0 up against Celtic was a dream!