PDA

View Full Version : Sectarian and racist chanting.zero tolerance? Over to you SFA.

tonyrougier123
01-11-2019, 01:00 PM
Fifa have written to the SFA and all other associations asking them to implement a zero tolerance approach to this problem.

With match abandonment a possible course of action.

Can't see this ever being addressed in glasgow.

Thoughts people?

DarlingtonHibee
01-11-2019, 01:07 PM
Fifa have written to the SFA and all other associations asking them to implement a zero tolerance approach to this problem.

Thoughts people?

No chance it will work

Anthony Soprano
01-11-2019, 01:15 PM
Wishful thinking but nah no chance, would have to remove celtic and rangers from Scottish football to see any success

CMurdoch
01-11-2019, 01:21 PM

Thoughts people?

No mention of the word sectarian in the FIFA letter.
It is far more generic other than it's reference to racial incidents.
All other aspects are under the umbrella term discriminatory incidents.
Accordingly I can still see our authorities concentrating on racial, homophobic and gender discrimination rather than the unpleasant songs of the old firm.
e.g. Celtic sing songs glorifying the IRA. It is crass but is it discriminatory. I would suggest no.
You should also note the letter is from FIFA rather than UEFA who have managed to exert pressure on the Old Firm.
It doesn't specifically mention the fans at all. It also contains the word urges, so is a toothless and pointless bit of fluff.
No stick, no action.

This is the letter wording from FIFA:
Fifa now urges all member associations, leagues, clubs and disciplinary bodies to introduce the three-step procedure in their domestic competitions, to pursue a zero-tolerance policy towards racist and discriminatory incidents in football

Sylar
01-11-2019, 01:25 PM
The most importance sentence in the BBC News article is the following:

"Scotland's football authorities will resist doing so in full."

Quelle surprise.

tonyrougier123
01-11-2019, 01:34 PM
No mention of the word sectarian in the FIFA letter.
It is far more generic other than it's reference to racial incidents.
All other aspects are under the umbrella term discriminatory incidents.
Accordingly I can still see our authorities concentrating on racial, homophobic and gender discrimination rather than the unpleasant songs of the old firm.
e.g. Celtic sing songs glorifying the IRA. It is crass but is it discriminatory. I would suggest no.
You should also note the letter is from FIFA rather than UEFA.
It doesn't specifically mention the fans at all.
This is the letter wording from FIFA:
Fifa now urges all member associations, leagues, clubs and disciplinary bodies to introduce the three-step procedure in their domestic competitions, to pursue a zero-tolerance policy towards racist and discriminatory incidents in football

I read it on the bbc website.
The first word in that report is sectarian.
I suppose you just hit the nail on the head as to how the SFA would negate retrospective punishment with the wording of the fifa letter.👍

CMurdoch
01-11-2019, 02:29 PM
I read it on the bbc website.
The first word in that report is sectarian.
I suppose you just hit the nail on the head as to how the SFA would negate retrospective punishment with the wording of the fifa letter.��

Sectarian = click bait.
FIFA ticking a box but a minimum effort pointless circular.
UEFA's competitions have the money Celtic & Rangers want and need. They can and have made them come to heal. Like everything else the loss off money is the key to compliance.