PDA

View Full Version : Even The Jambos Acted...

Dashing Bob S
01-11-2019, 01:48 PM
Budge bowed to sanity and pulled the plug on Potter, in spite of their relationship. What will it take for Gordon to do the same with PH?

Anthony Soprano
01-11-2019, 02:06 PM
I'm hoping he's away by Monday regardless of the result on Saturday, but if we lose on Saturday and he's still in a job come Monday I'll have lost all faith in the board and Dempster & co can follow him out the door. At the moment they are undoing all the hard work put in to bring fans back to Easter Road

01-11-2019, 02:08 PM
Budge bowed to sanity and pulled the plug on Potter, in spite of their relationship. What will it take for Gordon to do the same with PH?

He'd have to wait until we've had 12 months of bad results with this manager. Then it'd be much the same.

hibsbollah
01-11-2019, 02:15 PM
I'm hoping he's away by Monday regardless of the result on Saturday, but if we lose on Saturday and he's still in a job come Monday I'll have lost all faith in the board and Dempster & co can follow him out the door. At the moment they are undoing all the hard work put in to bring fans back to Easter Road

We're 11/1 to win on Saturday. I don't think anyone is expecting anything from the game and will be irrelevant to whether he stays or goes.

Anthony Soprano
01-11-2019, 02:19 PM
We're 11/1 to win on Saturday. I don't think anyone is expecting anything from the game and will be irrelevant to whether he stays or goes.

Celtic will probably win comfortably. Meant more in terms of if we did somehow pull of a win it could keep him at the club longer, only delaying the inevitable and causing further damage

Since452
01-11-2019, 02:19 PM

Imagine sacking a manager unbeaten in 7 and into a final 😉

In all seriousness, tomorrow won't get him the sack if we lose. We're expected to lose the game anyway. He's here for a while yet.

Keith_M
01-11-2019, 03:23 PM

In all seriousness, tomorrow won't get him the sack if we lose. We're expected to lose the game anyway. He's here for a while yet.

Yeah, I think losing to Celtc in itself could hardly be considered a sacking offense, so I can't see it being any trigger for a removal..... unless we lose by a barrowload of goals, but even then it wouldn't be guaranteed.

I honestly think, despite what I was told to the contrary by a (now former) mate, that we're stuck with him for the season.

Ronniekirk
01-11-2019, 03:32 PM
Boyle s goal presumably saved The Board from having to make a decision on Wed night .
You would like to think if we had got beat they would of pulled the plug
However the Cup game is a bonus and won’t determine anything It’s the next two or three league games
He has to start turning draws to wins If it goes the other way and we start getting beat then I don’t know how they could justify not acting
But the positive spin will be Boyle is now on way back and the Team showed character in the second half with more attacking intent
We moved up a few places in the League So win the next game and we have potentially turned the corner
Not saying that’s going to happen but it’s clearly What The Board are hoping
How they factor out the poor signings to date I have no idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anthony Soprano
01-11-2019, 03:56 PM
Yeah, I think losing to Celtc in itself could hardly be considered a sacking offense, so I can't see it being any trigger for a removal..... unless we lose by a barrowload of goals, but even then it wouldn't be guaranteed.

I honestly think, despite what I was told to the contrary by a (now former) mate, that we're stuck with him for the season.

If we continue on the road we're on just now I would be astonished if he makes it to Christmas, the man has taken us years back in the space of months, if he's here for the season then ST sales will be very poor next year.

Smartie
01-11-2019, 04:05 PM

Pulled the flush, surely?

Jim44
01-11-2019, 07:03 PM
Tomorrow is an unfortunate distraction in the ‘when will/should he be sacked debate’. Win or lose, I think he should be dismissed next week. We are a proven ‘ unable to win a league match’ team and to expect a new manager to plug the gaps and save our skins in January is a big ask. I hope RG and LD have the sense and guts to give a new guy a fighting chance NOW.

Speedway
01-11-2019, 07:07 PM

Who knows, the board don’t believe the supporters are worth communicating with on what’s going on in ‘their’ club.

Onion
01-11-2019, 07:51 PM
Imagine sacking a manager unbeaten in 7 and into a final 😉

Haven't seen the result yet. Much will depend on how Celtic deal with our solid, no-nonsense midfield lead by Mallan the Assassin and Vela the Goodfella :greengrin

Onion
01-11-2019, 08:15 PM
Tomorrow is an unfortunate distraction in the ‘when will/should he be sacked debate’. Win or lose, I think he should be dismissed next week. We are a proven ‘ unable to win a league match’ team and to expect a new manager to plug the gaps and save our skins in January is a big ask. I hope RG and LD have the sense and guts to give a new guy a fighting chance NOW.

Agreed. Beat Celtic, appoint new manager and look forward to the rest of the season. The thought of Heckingbottom leading us along the M8 to face Sevco (first cup, revenge for 16) or a reinvigorated Yams doesn't bear thinking about.

IberianHibernian
01-11-2019, 09:37 PM
Agreed. Beat Celtic, appoint new manager and look forward to the rest of the season. The thought of Heckingbottom leading us along the M8 to face Sevco (first cup, revenge for 16) or a reinvigorated Yams doesn't bear thinking about.If we beat Celtic tomorrow a few weeks after we drew with them in the league why would anyone be worried about a final against Rangers or Hearts ? Of course we could lose to either in final but getting to final would be a massive boost to club financially and in other ways . Hibs reached a LC final shortly after I started supporting us ( 1968 lost 2 v 6 against Celtic in delayed final ) . Think we`ve been to 8 finals since ( in more than 50 years ) so about every 6 or 7 years . If we beat Celtic tomorrow and Rangers or Hearts in final suspect opinion of manager would change even if league position is always important .

Iggy Pope
01-11-2019, 09:54 PM
If we beat Celtic tomorrow a few weeks after we drew with them in the league why would anyone be worried about a final against Rangers or Hearts ? Of course we could lose to either in final but getting to final would be a massive boost to club financially and in other ways . Hibs reached a LC final shortly after I started supporting us ( 1968 lost 2 v 6 against Celtic in delayed final ) . Think we`ve been to 8 finals since ( in more than 50 years ) so about every 6 or 7 years . If we beat Celtic tomorrow and Rangers or Hearts in final suspect opinion of manager would change even if league position is always important .

Agree. Also I wonder what’s rejuvenated these Hearts. Surely not that hippy on the news tonight.