PDA

View Full Version : Holts double standards

staunchhibby
01-11-2019, 08:41 AM
Believe holt is asking the compliance officer to look at the penalty incident on Wednesday night.He is calling Allan a cheat.Wonder if he will ask her also to look at blatant elbow on Hallberg by one of his players.

Alfred E Newman
01-11-2019, 08:51 AM
Believe holt is asking the compliance officer to look at the penalty incident on Wednesday night.He is calling Allan a cheat.Wonder if he will ask her also to look at blatant elbow on Hallberg by one of his players.

I hope the compliance guy doesn't review it because it looked a dive to me. If that had been given against us there would have been uproar on here.

Diclonius
01-11-2019, 08:57 AM
It was a great dive.

Treadstone
01-11-2019, 09:00 AM
Making a rod for his own back.

LancsHibs
01-11-2019, 09:02 AM
Next time he sees Scotty it could be as his gaffer😉 Awkward!

hibsbollah
01-11-2019, 09:02 AM
Having just watched it again, Allan clearly felt a bit of contact, perhaps by a gust of Lochend wind or a blade of grass that had become dislodged from the turf, and justifiably went down.

Stonewaller.

wookie70
01-11-2019, 09:06 AM
It was a great dive.

Looked a dive from the highlights but from the pitch side view there may have well been contact. Unless they have better footage suggesting otherwise I think Allan will be fine

atticmonkey
01-11-2019, 09:07 AM
Will they look at the Doidge penalty claim early 1st half blatant pulled down going for a cross.

JimBHibees
01-11-2019, 09:13 AM

And the tackle by Bartley on Horgan.

Blurhibee
01-11-2019, 09:13 AM
Looked like a dive at the game and looks even worse when you see the highlights on the tv

WeeRussell
01-11-2019, 10:34 AM

I doubt it. No really in his interests or his job to be reporting incidents against Hibs. If it was our manager and there was genuine belief of wrongdoing, I wouldn't want him not to pursue matters with the compliance officer just because the other team could feel aggrieved at a separate incident.

Not double standards - just looking after his own team.

WhileTheChief..
01-11-2019, 10:48 AM
OP wants a manager to grass up one of his own players to the compliance officer??

That's a new one!

cabbageandribs1875
01-11-2019, 10:51 AM
oh well, i hope they also look at the arm ball in the livingston penalty box by the livi player in the first half

Jim44
01-11-2019, 10:54 AM
It was never a penalty, but I don’t think it was simulation. I think SA genuinely lost his footing as he went between the two defenders. The ref misread it and you wouldn’t expect Scott to stand up and tell the ref it was a wrong call. I think I read somewhere that SA apologised to Bartley at the end of the match.

cabbageandribs1875
01-11-2019, 11:22 AM
what is Holt hoping to achieve here, result reversal or whit

The 90+2
01-11-2019, 11:25 AM
what is Holt hoping to achieve here, result reversal or whit

One of their bottom six rivals losing their best player for a couple of games?

cabbageandribs1875
01-11-2019, 11:36 AM
One of their bottom six rivals losing their best player for a couple of games?

i said to a mate on wednesday during the game that i wouldn't mind Holt in the ER Hot seat....i've changed my mind

The 90+2
01-11-2019, 11:38 AM
i said to a mate on wednesday during the game that i wouldn't mind Holt in the ER Hot seat....i've changed my mind

I rated him back when he was Falkirk manager and he’s done a good job at Livi, he does seem like a bit of a Sherman though but I would put it down (mouthing off in the media) as frustration of not picking up a very good win on Weds from their point of view.

Jim44
01-11-2019, 11:48 AM
Maybe Holt’s trying to ingratiate himself with the Jambos to improve his chance of a job there.:greengrin

Heisenberg
01-11-2019, 11:50 AM
Scott Allan getting him and Marv told in the papers today. Says it wasn’t a dive and Marv should’ve been off the pitch long before it happened.

Jim44
01-11-2019, 11:55 AM
It was never a penalty, but I don’t think it was simulation. I think SA genuinely lost his footing as he went between the two defenders. The ref misread it and you wouldn’t expect Scott to stand up and tell the ref it was a wrong call. I think I read somewhere that SA apologised to Bartley at the end of the match.

Scott Allan getting him and Marv told in the papers today. Says it wasn’t a dive and Marv should’ve been off the pitch long before it happened.

That sort of invalidates my last sentence then.

neil7908
01-11-2019, 12:12 PM
Thought it was a clear pen at the game but definitely a dive on the highlights.

He's down before any contact comes in.

CentreLine
01-11-2019, 12:29 PM
Looked very much to me that there was clear contact on SA’s hip that caused him to basically trip himself up. Very very soft penalty but not a dive

brog
01-11-2019, 01:12 PM
There was definitely contact between Scotty & Marc but was completely accidental. I watched it frame by frame & it appeared Scotty put his heel back & onto Marv's boot. Was soft but it wasn't a dive, he stumbled just as other Livi player threw himself in front of Scott. Interestingly there was very little protest by either Marv or the other Livi player involved.

givescotlandfreedom
01-11-2019, 01:12 PM
I think if we're honest it was a dive. They were quite partial to a bit of gamesmanship themselves with their time-wasting and injury feigning.