PDA

View Full Version : Stat of the day!

MacGruber
01-11-2019, 05:37 AM
Great to see the squirrel back in action.

After more than a quarter of the league season Martin Boyle has more league goals than Christian Doidge from his 10 mins of game time.
He has equalled the combined total of league goals scored so far this season by Doidge and Flo Kamberi.

Give that a min to sink in 😅

Springbank
01-11-2019, 11:40 AM
Great to see the squirrel back in action.

After more than a quarter of the league season Martin Boyle has more league goals than Christian Doidge from his 10 mins of game time.
He has equalled the combined total of league goals scored so far this season by Doidge and Flo Kamberi.

Give that a min to sink in 😅

That is some stat

Can't help but feel his 1-on-1 v the goalie was similar to the 3 or 4 Doidge had at Pittodrie.

Difference was, with Boyle advancing, you knew it was going in the corner.

With Doidge you knew he'd clatter it off the goalie 9 times out of 10.

Would love to see a return of the 2015 transfer windows - the Boyle, McGinn, McGeough, Henderson, Keatings, Stokes, Fontaine, Bartley & Gunnarsson days.

The 90+2
01-11-2019, 11:45 AM
Boyle automatically becomes our most important player by a country road for me. I would do everything possible to get him on a longer contract as soon as.

Smartie
01-11-2019, 11:51 AM
Boyle did brilliantly with the chance. If we’re being brutally honest though, it’s the kind of chance Boyle has struggled to convert as much as anyone in recent years. He’s been a bit hit or miss up front in the past but if he were to add that composure to his game then he’d probably be the first name on the team sheet in that position.

wookie70
01-11-2019, 12:21 PM
Boyle did brilliantly with the chance. If we’re being brutally honest though, it’s the kind of chance Boyle has struggled to convert as much as anyone in recent years. He’s been a bit hit or miss up front in the past but if he were to add that composure to his game then he’d probably be the first name on the team sheet in that position.

Agree with this Boyle has often been like Horgan. Excitement energy and from a promising position a poor end product. Maybe the composure will come with age and some time out through injury and it was a very calm finish on Wednesday.

tonyrougier123
01-11-2019, 12:37 PM
Boyle automatically becomes our most important player by a country road for me. I would do everything possible to get him on a longer contract as soon as.

Boyler had to work very very hard to be a hibs player.
If only some of the dross we signed had that same endeavour!

tonyrougier123
01-11-2019, 12:41 PM
Agree with this Boyle has often been like Horgan. Excitement energy and from a promising position a poor end product. Maybe the composure will come with age and some time out through injury and it was a very calm finish on Wednesday.

Totally disagree!

Boyle has slotted home a fair few of those goals.
Won us umpteen penalties with his sheer will to get in to the box.
He is more effective in a game out wide than a long list of strikers we have had playing through the middle.
Give the laddie some credit ffs!!

Fife-Hibee
01-11-2019, 01:14 PM
Totally disagree!

He is more effective in a game out wide than a long list of strikers we have had playing through the middle.

This !

Smartie
01-11-2019, 01:53 PM
Totally disagree!

Not belittling him in any way, I reckon he himself would accept that he should have done better with some of his one on ones. To be fair to Boyle, these are often chances that we only get due to his searing pace being able to get him into those positions in the first place.

Boyle has been an immense signing for Hibs, and it was mainly intended as a wee bit of constructive criticism as to what he might need to improve upon to improve as a player - and if he keeps on doing as he did on Wednesday then that would be great for everyone.

wookie70
01-11-2019, 02:26 PM
Totally disagree!

Boyle has been a great player for Hibs and his endeavour, character and effort are unquestionable. The point I make is that he often lacks end product. He is a goal every 4.3 games and an assist every 4.15 with most of those in the championship and a fair few playing through the middle.

Mallan is a goal every 4.1 games and an assist every 4.7 with all league games he has played in the top league and mostly playing from a deep position to help the team. Horgan is a goal every 4.4 and an assist every 3.1 games again without the advantage of opposition from the Championship.

The stats say Horgan is just more effective in terms of end product that Boyle and he and Mallan have played in a worse team against better opposition. Boyle gets better every year and he looks like he has kept his pace but I still maintain he should regularly score and set up more goals from the positions he finds himself in. Nothing against Boyler at all he is just frustrating to watch like Horgan but also very exciting too. He would be in my team every week