PDA

View Full Version : Fenlon

Cabbage-Patch
31-10-2019, 08:36 PM
Wee Paddy is without a job at the minute. Reckon he could do a job for us as caretaker until the end of the season. Great cup record and an eye for a player.

Reunite him and Griffiths in January. GGTTH

Hermit Crab
31-10-2019, 08:37 PM
L.t.y.f

Speedway
31-10-2019, 08:38 PM
Wee Paddy is without a job at the minute. Reckon he could do a job for us as caretaker until the end of the season. Great cup record and an eye for a player.

Gone fishing?

Bostonhibby
31-10-2019, 08:41 PM
Cannae see him working with Mrs doctor Budge but you never know[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
31-10-2019, 08:42 PM

Yeah he maybe could do a job for your lot.

Captain Trips
31-10-2019, 08:42 PM

Well seeing as hearts are the only team without a manager just now maybe he can have a go there.

HoboHarry
31-10-2019, 08:46 PM

Trolls aren't even trying now.

31-10-2019, 08:48 PM

But you've already got Chewie MacPhee (lovechild of Chewbacca and the Crossroads Motel chef Shughie McFee) in as caretaker.

Hibernia&Alba
31-10-2019, 08:49 PM
I'd prefer him to Hecky, that's for sure. But no.

Fife-Hibee
31-10-2019, 08:52 PM
Only if he returns with Doyle and Griffiths.

HendoDelivered
31-10-2019, 08:57 PM

😂. That was a good one! Almost had me there...

Jumbo
31-10-2019, 09:18 PM
I think all of our managers from John Collins to Alan Stubbs are without a job, take your pick :greengrin

Andy74
31-10-2019, 09:21 PM

He’s not without a job. He’s Director of Football at Linfield.

Incidentally Linfield lost out on a Europa League group stage place this year due to a goal from Zoubir who he signed for Hibs.

The 90+2
31-10-2019, 09:33 PM
Pat Fenlon has won more in his career than Craig Levein. He also wouldn’t at any point sit on a toilet as his side is bottling the league titleZ

Giruy.

Hibeesmad
31-10-2019, 09:34 PM
He’s not without a job. He’s Director of Football at Linfield.

Incidentally Linfield lost out on a Europa League group stage place this year due to a goal from Zoubir who he signed for Hibs.

Footballs a funny game

CloudSquall
31-10-2019, 09:34 PM
Didn't Fenlon have us in 5th or 6th when he left?

Can only dream of those heights at the moment...

Stokesy's on fire
31-10-2019, 09:53 PM
i think all of our managers from john collins to alan stubbs are without a job, take your pick :greengrin

yogi

HoboHarry
31-10-2019, 09:57 PM
Pat Fenlon has won more in his career than Craig Levein. He also wouldn’t at any point sit on a toilet as his side is bottling the league titleZ

Giruy.

So have I in fairness but I won't be getting the job either.....

Viva_Palmeiras
31-10-2019, 09:57 PM
Maybe he be a good fit for the Jambos since they’re in the hunt?

basehibby
31-10-2019, 10:13 PM

Well we wouldn't lack for defensive midfielders - he signed about 12 of them IIRC

oo2be
31-10-2019, 10:20 PM
Leave Pat Fenlon alone, just cause we're all hurting no need to bring a decent man down with this *****. Hibs class my arse.

lyonhibs
01-11-2019, 05:25 AM
Leave Pat Fenlon alone, just cause we're all hurting no need to bring a decent man down with this *****. Hibs class my arse.

:faf: :faf: :faf: :drunk:

FilipinoHibs
01-11-2019, 09:14 AM

Yup good record in Ireland. Met a friend of his in Dublin on business. Fenlon said to him there was no money and had to patch team up with loans.

Diclonius
01-11-2019, 09:47 AM
I do have a job but could take care of the Hibs part-time if you want. :dunno:

Since452
01-11-2019, 10:31 AM

Mind the gap. We're pish but not your level of pish

HibeeHibernian4
01-11-2019, 10:45 AM
This poster is clearly just a Hearts troll, but it's worth pointing out that Fenlon was, without irony, quite a good manager all things considered.

Only had two Scottish Cup campaigns and took us to the final both times. Up there with Stubbs as cup records go. Only Alex Maley can claim to have also taken Hibs to back-to-back Scottish Cup finals.

Since Hibs in all likelihood won't be winning the league anytime soon, give me a good cup manager like Fenlon any day of the week.

Smartie
01-11-2019, 11:01 AM
This poster is clearly just a Hearts troll, but it's worth pointing out that Fenlon was, without irony, quite a good manager all things considered.

Only had two Scottish Cup campaigns and took us to the final both times. Up there with Stubbs as cup records go. Only Alex Maley can claim to have also taken Hibs to back-to-back Scottish Cup finals.

Since Hibs in all likelihood won't be winning the league anytime soon, give me a good cup manager like Fenlon any day of the week.

I like Fenlon and thought he was a decent Hibs manager.

He inherited a shambles and did an amazing job of steadying the ship with budget sticking plasters.

A diabolical last transfer window (which was in all likelihood more down to nonsense negotiating transfers than Pat actually wanting the players he got) and a couple of high profile terrible results in big games have taken away from what was actually a decent job that he did.

The 90+2
01-11-2019, 11:09 AM

I would agree he didn’t do the worst job in the world but I would say he will always be remembered for two disastrous cup results and ironically his last match was also a cup loss.

WeeRussell
01-11-2019, 11:31 AM
I'd prefer him to Hecky, that's for sure. But no.

Snap

Iggy Pope
01-11-2019, 01:28 PM
Footballs a funny game

It’s not half funny if they’ve got Pat Fenton at ****ing Linfield!!!!

Andy74
01-11-2019, 01:33 PM
It’s not half funny if they’ve got Pat Fenton at ****ing Linfield!!!!

He also played there for a couple of years.

Iggy Pope
01-11-2019, 01:38 PM
He also played there for a couple of years.

I know. It’s funny.
Linfield.....jeez.

Smartie
01-11-2019, 01:57 PM
"Billy" Fenlon as he is affectionately known there (they weren't up for having anyone called Patrick playing for them).