PDA

View Full Version : Yams Levein Sacked

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

The 90+2
06-12-2019, 10:18 AM
Sunderland manager on Monday maybe :greengrin

Jones28
06-12-2019, 10:24 AM
Correct, I'd definitely be hearing alarm bells if that was us in that situation. Especially when you take into consideration the relative urgency of their position.

They're honking, at the bottom end of the table and struggling for form and points. If ever they needed to take swift action then it's now. Instead they're farting about chasing a guy who may or may not want to be there. And making a Noel Hunt of it in the process.

It's quite marvelous, to be honest.

I think Stendel will go eventually, but hearts problem is that their best players are Berra who’s past it, Souttar who’s injury prone, Naismith who’s knees are made of wheatabix and Ikpeazu who is Leveins favourite son and who McPhee thinks is a winger.

They’ve essentially got a whole team rebuild to do and they’re in the bottom 4 separated from bottom by a point.

G B Young
06-12-2019, 11:55 AM
If you could take one thing from this, it is that Budgie is not very good at running a football club.

She basically stared from ground zero with them, with huge funds and no debt. Now they have a botched stand, botched pitch, bottom of the league and running at a 4m per annum loss and nae senior football people at the club that know what they are doing.

Hilarious.

Yes, this is what baffles me about the seemingly accepted 'fact' among the media that Budge is a wonderful businesswoman. On what is this actually based when it comes to the way she's running Hearts? As far as I can see the only 'business' asset she brings to the table is her connection to friends with money to pump into the club.

Farmer and Petrie (in particular) took a fair amount of flak but their business acumen helped deliver a whole new stadium plus a wholly-owned training academy for probably less than Hearts have spent on one unfinished stand and kept our club living within its means for many years. Sure, the on-field performances were up and down but you couldn't really fault the way they transformed the club's infrastructure.

Baader
06-12-2019, 12:03 PM
Yes, this is what baffles me about the seemingly accepted 'fact' among the media that Budge is a wonderful businesswoman. On what is this actually based when it comes to the way she's running Hearts? As far as I can see the only 'business' asset she brings to the table is her connection to friends with money to pump into the club.

Farmer and Petrie (in particular) took a fair amount of flak but their business acumen helped deliver a whole new stadium plus a wholly-owned training academy for probably less than Hearts have spent on one unfinished stand and kept our club living within its means for many years. Sure, the on-field performances were up and down but you couldn't really fault the way they transformed the club's infrastructure.

Budgie really needs to appoint a CEO not a Director of Football as she is clueless about running a football club.

Real Emerald
06-12-2019, 12:09 PM
If you didn’t know better you would think they were trying to get Alex Ferguson out retirement the way this guy has been hyped up. I bet 95% of the dumbos hadn’t even heard of this sacked Barnsley manager 6 weeks ago. All that money for what exactly????

Diclonius
06-12-2019, 12:11 PM
Lol why's this guy not signed yet

Coco Bryce
06-12-2019, 12:21 PM
This is comedy gold.

Never even applied for the job and they're virtually begging him to come.

He's obviously holding out for a bigger job to become available down South.

:rotflmao:

matty_f
06-12-2019, 12:23 PM
This is comedy gold.

I'm not sure how in-demand he'd be in England given he's just been given the heave-ho from Barnsley.

Sunderland might take a look given he took Barnsley out their league, but I wouldn't bank on loads of other clubs falling over themselves to snap him up.

Baader
06-12-2019, 12:23 PM
This is comedy gold.

The inherent difficulties of employing an unemployed manager...

Gmack7
06-12-2019, 12:27 PM
because the 4-6 week period hasn't elapsed

matty_f
06-12-2019, 12:27 PM
The inherent difficulties of employing an unemployed manager...

A torturous process, apparently. Remember it was this torturous for them last time until they unveiled Levein.

Wasn't so torturous, apparently, when they gave the job to Robbie Nielson, or Ian Cathro.

Incredibly, Hibs didn't find it that torturous when bringing Ross in, or Hecky, or Lennon, or Stubbs...

McSwanky
06-12-2019, 12:36 PM
That flight from Frankfurt seems to be taking an awful long time...

KeithTheHibby
06-12-2019, 12:41 PM
It should never under any circumstances take this long to appoint a manager.
Even if he had been under contract at a club it would be quicker than this.
Budge may have bailed them out a few years ago, fair play to her on that however she does not have a clue how to run a football club.

Since452
06-12-2019, 12:44 PM
Complete cluster**** from start to finish (whenever that is). They really are a mess of a club

Col2
06-12-2019, 12:44 PM
I think we will find that the REAL reasons for the delay are partially the Barnsley compo but also significantly the backroom team and Leveins role. Budge is not keen on doing a clean sweep of the clowns that have been in place for many years including McPhee and is as ever oh so close to her dear Craig. Anyone coming in must wonder how the dynamics of this little set up will work.

How stupid beyond stupid was it for Budge to ask Levein to show Stendal around the (rented) training ground and the PBS. The guy that was DOF, board member and manager who was sacked was then the main guy to show the new prospective manager around 😱😱

Idiots beyond belief.

Gloucester Hibs
06-12-2019, 12:50 PM
They are now using the comfort blanket of "don't panic, Budge said 4-6 weeks" as if that is a perfectly acceptable time frame to be appointing a new manager in when you're hovering around the relegation zone.

Since452
06-12-2019, 12:50 PM
I think we will find that the REAL reasons for the delay are partially the Barnsley compo but also significantly the backroom team and Leveins role. Budge is not keen on doing a clean sweep of the clowns that have been in place for many years including McPhee and is as ever oh so close to her dear Craig. Anyone coming in must wonder how the dynamics of this little set up will work.

How stupid beyond stupid was it for Budge to ask Levein to show Stendal around the (rented) training ground and the PBS. The guy that was DOF, board member and manager who was sacked was then the main guy to show the new prospective manager around 😱😱

Idiots beyond belief.

Mr Heckingbottom, before you leave do you mind showing Jack around East Mains and Easter Road?

Nonsense

HoboHarry
06-12-2019, 12:51 PM
That flight from Frankfurt seems to be taking an awful long time...
Might have had to refuel in Dresden. Yon gadgie Arthur Harris did a number on their runways no?

Springbank
06-12-2019, 02:19 PM
I'm in Berlin tonight.
Will let you know if I see Stendel.
Or pochettino.
Or fat robbo...

hibbyfraelibby
06-12-2019, 02:49 PM
I'm in Berlin tonight.
Or pochettino.
Or fat robbo...

The only thing fat Robbo will be at in Berlin is the market...scoffing beirwurst

06-12-2019, 02:52 PM
I'm in Berlin tonight.
Or pochettino.
Or fat robbo...

What tune is that to?

The 90+2
06-12-2019, 02:55 PM
What tune is that to?

When the ball hits the net
Like a low flying jet
It’s Franck Sauzee

hibbyfraelibby
06-12-2019, 03:04 PM
SG Dynamo Dresden appear to be in the marketplace for a new manager. Caretaker appointed on 3rd December...St.Endel in the frame hence stalled deal?

Not ITK...just stirring it.

Jones28
06-12-2019, 03:15 PM
What tune is that to?

Blur - Song 2

Northernhibee
06-12-2019, 03:28 PM
What tune is that to?

You can put any Ian Cathro interview to Parklife and it works a treat.

Bostonhibby
06-12-2019, 03:36 PM
You can put any Ian Cathro interview to Parklife and it works a treat.[emoji16]

A Father Dougal interview from his time at the famous would work pretty well on an episode of The Clangers as well.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Jim44
06-12-2019, 03:51 PM
[emoji16]

A Father Dougal interview from his time at the famous would work pretty well on an episode of The Clangers as well.

I came across a bit of stand up from Ardal O'Hanlon the other night. I only knew him from Father Ted, but I thought he was terrific.

Bostonhibby
06-12-2019, 03:54 PM
I came across a bit of stand up from Ardal O'Hanlon the other night. I only knew him from Father Ted, but I thought he was terrific.Seen him as well, very funny. He was particularly good at Hearts[emoji6]

SouthMoroccoStu
06-12-2019, 03:55 PM
because the 4-6 week period hasn't elapsed

I assume you mean 6-4-0 weeks....

HibbySpurs
06-12-2019, 04:12 PM
Complete cluster**** from start to finish (whenever that is). They really are a mess of a club

Seems pretty apt to me...

grunt
06-12-2019, 04:16 PM
So have they got a manager yet?

Deansy
06-12-2019, 04:36 PM
Mrs Doctor Budge does like a good long letter but I think the real delay is when they despatch it to Barnsley forthwith by horse borne courier.

Her footman Levein is in no hurry to see any deal done, so instead of making all speed on his trusty steed Daly he has been spotted killing time at various wetherspoons and Betfreds between Edinburgh and Barnsley.

Nah, the delay will be down to the standard Jambo business-practice - the letter will have been sent with no stamp thus forcing Barnsley to pay double (fine plus postage) on receipt !. Then add on more time for Barnsley to de-cipher it if Budgie sent it un-edited !

Sioux
06-12-2019, 04:43 PM
Perhaps the most glaring error was Budge failing to make contact with Barnsley before courting this circus performer, things may have gone smoother. A simple question would be ‘is there any impediment to Hertz making an approach for your manager’. The contract/compensation would have been clear. This is how 99% of negotiations begin. Find out where there’s weakness and strength. Me thinks the budge has ****** up.

JeMeSouviens
06-12-2019, 04:43 PM
The Stendel thread on sickbag is a hoot!

TL;DR - nobody knows **** all but most of them will offer a square go. :greengrin

Mikey
06-12-2019, 04:49 PM
Are there quotes from the Mrs Doctor saying that he's the one they want? They need to be kept in a safe place for when they start to re-write history.

HoboHarry
06-12-2019, 04:50 PM

TL;DR - nobody knows **** all but most of them will offer a square go. :greengrin
Holy crap, :faf::faf::faf:. What a state they have themselves in over a new coach/manager/Levein's new b***h or whatever the role is called......

CloudSquall
06-12-2019, 05:05 PM
Holy crap, :faf::faf::faf:. What a state they have themselves in over a new coach/manager/Levein's new b***h or whatever the role is called......

Majestic quote from over the road below, gloves are well and truly off and their ITK poster has lost it :greengrin

""
Will you just **** off and leave me alone. Seriously stop tagging me, stop harassing me, or mentioning me. I'm getting sick of it.
Mods please get this creep to stop harassing me. Cant even log in without a notification from you
Do the right thing and **** off.
You said last week you were banning yourself . Please do. your a weird online stalker and I'm sick of your ***** towards me.
Just leave me along ya ******* erse. Seriously.
""

06-12-2019, 05:08 PM
Heids gone on kickback. Great to see

Aldo
06-12-2019, 05:15 PM
You can almost guarantee that if the appointment of Stendl falls through it’ll all be Barnsley’s fault for being awkward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
06-12-2019, 05:21 PM

I hadnae realised that was how fans of great big huge clubs acted but I get it now. Awright JeMeSouviens ya French bam - square go ootside Haymarket tonight at 6 o'clock. If am no there start withoot me.......

The 90+2
06-12-2019, 05:24 PM
You can almost guarantee that if the appointment of Stendl falls through it’ll all be Barnsley’s fault for being awkward.

There’s no almost about it.

Aldo
06-12-2019, 05:27 PM

Indeed.

I really really want this to fall through and then watch Budgie try and get herself out of it.

Since452
06-12-2019, 05:32 PM
I hope it doesn't fall through as I think this guy will be a car crash but if it does it would be funny watching the meltdowns. They've been bumming him up for weeks

Jim44
06-12-2019, 05:34 PM

Even the most loyal Jambo will realise that, if they don’t win Stendelgate, they only have their club to blame. He’s there for the taking but they, so far, won’t push the boat out to get him.

Aldo
06-12-2019, 05:41 PM
Even the most loyal Jambo will realise that, if they don’t win Stendelgate, they only have their club to blame. He’s there for the taking but they, so far, won’t push the boat out to get him.

The ones I know don’t think they should pay anything because he was sacked. I tried to point out that that was indeed not the case but fell on deaf ears.

If what has been banded about is true... 12k or so a week equates to 624k. That is an unbelievable amount of money for a club their size! Mental

Carheenlea
06-12-2019, 05:49 PM
I know Steven Maclean, and he has said he has no idea what is going on, and the players themselves haven’t been given any news of a definite appointment.

06-12-2019, 05:55 PM
Discounting my hibs spoon burning peg selling bias for a second, they really have made a complete arse of this appointment. It’s not that complicated to find an available manager that will fit your requirements.

The 90+2
06-12-2019, 06:12 PM
Indeed.

I really really want this to fall through and then watch Budgie try and get herself out of it.

They always do as they’re told and believe any old ***** while blaming the rest of the world. Trumpets to a man.

weecounty hibby
06-12-2019, 06:25 PM
Just reappoint Craigy the loser. He is still under their noses. Like a really bad smell!! I kiss him, does anyone else?

Since452
06-12-2019, 06:26 PM
Just reappoint Craigy the loser. He is still under their noses. Like a really bad smell!! I kiss him, does anyone else?

Called him a ****er a few times that's the closest I've been to a sexual act with him

PatHead
06-12-2019, 06:30 PM
Discounting my hibs spoon burning peg selling bias for a second, they really have made a complete arse of this appointment. It’s not that complicated to find an available manager that will fit your requirements.

Just reminded me. Is anyone doing a Christmas peg sale this year? Need some for my wife's main Christmas present.

WoreTheGreen
06-12-2019, 06:33 PM
Just reminded me. Is anyone doing a Christmas peg sale this year? Need some for my wife's main Christmas present.

A new washing line wow 😮

PatHead
06-12-2019, 06:41 PM
A new washing line wow 😮

How did you guess. Told her I have got her something for the garden.

WoreTheGreen
06-12-2019, 06:57 PM
You stringing her along

weecounty hibby
06-12-2019, 06:58 PM
Called him a ****er a few times that's the closest I've been to a sexual act with him

😆 Much as I do MISS him, I have no urge to kiss him!

HoboHarry
06-12-2019, 07:13 PM
😆 Much as I do MISS him, I have no urge to kiss him!
Hard to imagine even his wife wanting to do that.....

Joe6-2
06-12-2019, 07:25 PM

🤢🤢🤢🤮

The 90+2
06-12-2019, 07:27 PM

😂😂 Tony Mowbray and Mark Venus...

PatHead
06-12-2019, 08:02 PM
How come Watford have managed to appoint a new manager in less than 6 weeks?

The 90+2
06-12-2019, 08:04 PM
How come Watford have managed to appoint a new manager in less than 6 weeks?

Wee team.

06-12-2019, 08:06 PM
I’d rather guide my father into my mother than kiss Levein.

Hermit Crab
06-12-2019, 08:21 PM

Thats horrendous. :no way:

Hermit Crab
06-12-2019, 08:23 PM
Rumours that this deal is off or close to falling through. Something to do with compo and 100k.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-12-2019, 08:25 PM
Rumours that this deal is off or close to falling through. Something to do with compo and 100k.

Bill Owen would've done a better job.

CapitalGreen
06-12-2019, 08:26 PM

But your perfectly fine with the idea of kissing Levein...figures

1875godsgift
06-12-2019, 08:28 PM

How do you know?

Hermit Crab
06-12-2019, 08:32 PM
But your perfectly fine with the idea of kissing Levein...figures

Yes because thats what I said...:rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
How do you know?

Thats horrendous reading.

hfc rd

Now that would be ******g hysterical! 😂

The 90+2
06-12-2019, 08:35 PM
Thats horrendous reading.

It was tbf.

Joe6-2
06-12-2019, 10:33 PM

Imagine even thinking that!!

Joe6-2
06-12-2019, 10:35 PM

The club that keeps on giving..........well, in a humorous way, usually they take!

1van Sprou7e
06-12-2019, 11:51 PM

Lol there's no way it falls through over 100k

lord bunberry
07-12-2019, 12:18 AM
Imagine even thinking that!!
Hey, don’t knock it unless you’ve tried it :greengrin

G B Young
07-12-2019, 04:56 PM
Yam statement incoming apparently:

https://twitter.com/anthonyabrown?lang=en

Smacks of a hasty attempt to deflect fan fury. Nanny in charge until the end of the season would do nicely :greengrin

GloryGlory
07-12-2019, 05:01 PM
Yam statement incoming apparently:

https://twitter.com/anthonyabrown?lang=en

Smacks of a hasty attempt to deflect fan fury. Nanny in charge until the end of the season would do nicely :greengrin

Danny Boy confirmed.

cabbageandribs1875
07-12-2019, 05:02 PM
stendel gets the gig

Since452
07-12-2019, 05:03 PM
Pleasing

07-12-2019, 05:04 PM
True to form, Hertz mention the Hibs manager in their announcement post. Mind the gap fuds

Since452
07-12-2019, 05:05 PM
True to form, Hertz mention the Hibs manager in their announcement post. Mind the gap fuds

That's very cringy. Mentioning Ross because he turned them down

Gordy M
07-12-2019, 05:06 PM
They are absolutely obsessed with us.....

HoboHarry
07-12-2019, 05:06 PM
What was said?

Joe6-2
07-12-2019, 05:07 PM
What did they say?

bingo70
07-12-2019, 05:07 PM

Bizarre.

The only surprising thing to me is that they never mentioned how big a club they are, sure there’ll be some plenty of that in the coming days though.

Since452
07-12-2019, 05:08 PM
They said he finished above Jack Ross's Sunderland

lord bunberry
07-12-2019, 05:09 PM
They are the most pathetic club in the country, they’re pitiful really.

Joe6-2
07-12-2019, 05:10 PM
They said he finished above Jack Ross's Sunderland

Absolute bellends to a man, and woman

Billy Whizz
07-12-2019, 05:11 PM
What was said?

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/stendel-appointed-as-new-manager

Cringeworthy

Since452
Absolute bellends to a man, and woman

Cringy even for them

Brightside
He’s going to be announced tonight.

Billy Whizz
07-12-2019, 05:12 PM

It’s already been announced

bingo70
07-12-2019, 05:12 PM

Good scoop 😉

Joe6-2
07-12-2019, 05:14 PM
https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/stendel-appointed-as-new-manager

Cringeworthy

Cheers, just so annoyed I had to click on that!

Hibby Kay-Yay
“With our number one target now on board and his future pledged to Hearts, everyone at Tynecastle Park welcomes Daniel and hopes his appointment heralds an exciting new era for the Club as, together, we look to climb back up the Ladbrokes Premiership table.”

:wink:

“ Having been relegated prior to his arrival, Daniel immediately turned round their fortunes, leading the Oakwell outfit to a second-placed finish ahead of Jack Ross’ Sunderland, and securing promotion back to the Championship at the first time of asking.”

Just leaves them open for this to be brought back up at the end of the season!

G B Young

Beggars belief how small time that is.

Joe6-2
07-12-2019, 05:15 PM
“with our number one target now on board and his future pledged to hearts, everyone at tynecastle park welcomes daniel and hopes his appointment heralds an exciting new era for the club as, together, we look to climb back up the ladbrokes premiership table.”

:wink:

liars!

I_Love_Latapy
What was said?

Heart of Midlothian Football Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Daniel Stendel as its new First Team Manager.

The 45-year-old has signed a two-and-a-half-year deal and will take up his new post on Tuesday, December 10th.
German-born Daniel made a name for himself in his playing days as a striker in his homeland, featuring for clubs such as Hamburger SV, Hannover 96 and FC St Pauli.
It was at Hannover where he would cut his managerial teeth in April 2016 after a spell coaching the U19 side.
A little over two years later he arrived on British soil to take over at then League One side Barnsley. Having been relegated prior to his arrival, Daniel immediately turned round their fortunes, leading the Oakwell outfit to a second-placed finish ahead of Jack Ross’ Sunderland, and securing promotion back to the Championship at the first time of asking. He left them in October of this year.
While it has taken some time for this process to reach its conclusion we firmly believe that Daniel is the right man to take the club forward.
With our number one target now on board and his future pledged to Hearts, everyone at Tynecastle Park welcomes Daniel and hopes his appointment heralds an exciting new era for the Club as, together, we look to climb back up the Ladbrokes Premiership table

Childish.

Since452
Heart of Midlothian Football Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Daniel Stendel as its new First Team Manager.

The 45-year-old has signed a two-and-a-half-year deal and will take up his new post on Tuesday, December 10th.
German-born Daniel made a name for himself in his playing days as a striker in his homeland, featuring for clubs such as Hamburger SV, Hannover 96 and FC St Pauli.
It was at Hannover where he would cut his managerial teeth in April 2016 after a spell coaching the U19 side.
A little over two years later he arrived on British soil to take over at then League One side Barnsley. Having been relegated prior to his arrival, Daniel immediately turned round their fortunes, leading the Oakwell outfit to a second-placed finish ahead of Jack Ross’ Sunderland, and securing promotion back to the Championship at the first time of asking. He left them in October of this year.
While it has taken some time for this process to reach its conclusion we firmly believe that Daniel is the right man to take the club forward.
With our number one target now on board and his future pledged to Hearts, everyone at Tynecastle Park welcomes Daniel and hopes his appointment heralds an exciting new era for the Club as, together, we look to climb back up the Ladbrokes Premiership table

Number one target 😂😂😂

Oscar T Grouch
07-12-2019, 05:18 PM
I hope his tenure at hertz is like Butcher's at us. What a weird thing to say in the statement, they are obsessed with us from the tea lady to their dodgy owner.

Crab apple
07-12-2019, 05:19 PM
That statement is pretty desperate stuff even for them. The good doctor’s stock has fallen as a result of this drawn out saga and she’s got a lot of making up to do with the cardigan wearers. By all accounts they are paying DS top dollar. I’d have been more concerned if they had appointed someone like Steve Robinson. And faced with a choice of JR or DS I’d have been gutted if we had chosen DS. I think he will be the Yams Heckingbottom.

wallpaperman
07-12-2019, 05:20 PM
The pressure on Stendel is already immense and he doesn’t start until next week.

A bit above average is not going to cut it with the Jambo hordes, he’s going to have to get positive results, and quickly.

He will probably get some of the players to improve, but some of them are just bad footballers, he can’t give them ability they don’t have, he can’t stop Naismith pulling something every couple of weeks and being out injured again.

There seems to be blind optimism (desperation) that he will do well going by the threads on Kickback, I suppose he has to be an improvement on Craigy boy.

wallpaperman
07-12-2019, 05:21 PM
Beggars belief how small time that is.

That statement is so sad.

Hibs twitter, get to it with a witty comeback. :flag:

Hermit Crab
07-12-2019, 05:27 PM
Pleasing

Is it? Some on here wanted him at one point.

Hibby Kay-Yay
07-12-2019, 05:28 PM
To be fair, Hecky got off to a great start with us, then went drastically down hill.

Since452
07-12-2019, 05:35 PM

Time will tell but I'm delighted

Crab apple
07-12-2019, 05:41 PM
Time will tell but I'm delighted

I think he’s a high risk appointment. Doesn’t know the Scottish game and has never lasted as a manager for longer than 1 season. And by all accounts he’s getting a huge wage which will eat into any player signings.

jeffers
07-12-2019, 05:41 PM
They are sad obsessed wee bunch. You’d think they’d just be happy they have appointed a new boss but to mention Jack Ross in their official release is pathetic. Big team my arse.

we are hibs
07-12-2019, 05:42 PM
Reckon he will do well.

Brightside
07-12-2019, 05:42 PM
good scoop 😉

itk.

Deansy
07-12-2019, 05:43 PM
Dunno if their statement is cringey or embarassing - either way their obsession with us does confirm their massive inferiority-complex !

Jim44
07-12-2019, 05:44 PM
The timing of their announcement is absolutely hilarious. It smacks of panic to appease the muppets after yet another humiliation. They have obviously waved the white flag to Barnsley and will probably be paying their demands in full instead of embarrassingly playing hardball for another few days. :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Vault Boy
07-12-2019, 05:46 PM
10 points behind and in freefall. Won't be finishing above Jack Ross' Hibs.

Absolute cringe central that club. 😂

truehibernian
07-12-2019, 05:48 PM
What an utterly embarrassing official statement 😂 to mention Jack Ross is beyond cringeworthy - what a classless bunch.

Cataplana
07-12-2019, 05:53 PM
Why would they speak to Ross first if the guy they wanted was Stendl? Maybe the only found out he has finished higher later on.

SouthMoroccoStu
07-12-2019, 06:00 PM
Number 1 choice
If you ignore the other 2 they wanted before that,...

emerald green
07-12-2019, 06:03 PM
What an utterly embarrassing official statement 😂 to mention Jack Ross is beyond cringeworthy - what a classless bunch.

:agree: A club like that deserves to get relegated. WTF is wrong with them?

Jim44
07-12-2019, 06:04 PM

I know you are one of us, HC, but, really, what pleasure do you get from posting points which, by mischievous design, controversially tend to favour the Jambos.

Since452
07-12-2019, 06:05 PM
I think he’s a high risk appointment. Doesn’t know the Scottish game and has never lasted as a manager for longer than 1 season. And by all accounts he’s getting a huge wage which will eat into any player signings.

It's one of those ones. Very left field but it may work. More likely to be a spectacular failure. He seems a very nice guy who likes a sesh after getting the sack but he gets the sack very frequently

HFC_NYC
07-12-2019, 06:06 PM
Honestly, if Hibs came out with a statement like that, I would feel extremely embarrassed. Once again, showing the world that they're the club with no shame.

jacomo
07-12-2019, 06:08 PM
They are sad obsessed wee bunch. You’d think they’d just be happy they have appointed a new boss but to mention Jack Ross in their official release is pathetic. Big team my arse.

They have to have a dig at Hibs at every opportunity.

It’s what all Big and Famous clubs do.

cabbageandribs1875

probably the same ones that wanted heckingbottom, i didn't :greengrin

Jim44
Why would they speak to Ross first if the guy they wanted was Stendl? Maybe the only found out he has finished higher later on.

They spoke to Ross early on but I know for a fact that Ross never had any intention of landing the Jambo gig. Hibs were his choice from the outset.

jacomo
07-12-2019, 06:09 PM
Honestly, if Hibs came out with a statement like that, I would feel extremely embarrassed. Once again, showing the world that they're the club with no shame.

Indeed. Instead of shame, Jambos will be feeling all puffed up with self-importance tonight.

Losers.

Col2
07-12-2019, 06:11 PM
The new guy has a huge job and will need all the resources and luck for him to get up the table. The Hearts fans will judge him on derbies with one coming up in less than 3 weeks.

Budge shows her complete lack of class by handing her rivals just a wee bit more incentive and makes it just a little bit more difficult for Stendel. Idiots beyond belief.

Even worse than getting the sacked Levein to show Stendel around the training ground and PBS. Total fannies 😂😂😂

07-12-2019, 06:14 PM
We’re so much bigger than Hibs that we don’t need to mention Hibs at all. After all, we’ll move above Hibs once the manager we got instead of the current Hibs manager takes over. To be honest, Hibs are barely worth our time because we are a huge club. Did you know the Hibs manager finished below our new appointment btw. Hibs won a few games but we took our time to appoint this manager which finished above the hibs manager last season. Hibs.

Mick O'Rourke
07-12-2019, 06:15 PM

Reminded me of a couple of things.
The statements from rAngers in the wake of the Cup Final
Many of them aimed at Hibernian,of course.
It also has shades of the "natural order" comment.
Am sure Jack will have been told he was mentioned in the statement.
Lets just do our talking on the park at the next derby.

Callum7
07-12-2019, 06:17 PM
So who’s the director of football/sporting director?

matty_f
07-12-2019, 06:24 PM
😂😂😂😂😂 that statement is quality. All it needed was a "get Brexit done" finish and it could have been straight out of Boris Johnson's speech toolkit.

Topographic Hibby
07-12-2019, 06:30 PM
Strange timing.

Sat night 6pm after another defeat and our great result. Tomorrow is all about the Glasgow festival of peace and understanding, and I suppose the papers will be full of the same from Monday onwards.

So to answer my own point, probably the most opportune time to get it out.

The 90+2
07-12-2019, 06:30 PM
Nothing like appointing a manager who was sacked because his club was bottom of the table to erm get hearts off the bottom of the table.

Since452
07-12-2019, 06:37 PM
Nothing like appointing a manager who was sacked because his club was bottom of the table to erm get hearts off the bottom of the table.

😂

HFC93
07-12-2019, 06:40 PM
That line in the Hearts announcement ffs . Absolute cringe.

Col2
07-12-2019, 06:40 PM
So who’s the director of football/sporting director?

I am willing to bet they will delay any appointment, hope Stendel wins some games and fans happier then announce right after a big result that Craig Levein will be the new SD.

Col2
07-12-2019, 06:42 PM
No reference to his coaching team, the existing coaching team and Austin Powers.

Hermit Crab
07-12-2019, 06:44 PM
10 points behind and in freefall. Won't be finishing above Jack Ross' Hibs.

Absolute cringe central that club. 😂

And if they do finish above us has Jack Ross failed and should he go?

matty_f
07-12-2019, 06:56 PM

Do you think that will happen?

SaulGoodman
07-12-2019, 06:57 PM

Give it a *** rest

HFC93
07-12-2019, 06:57 PM

That's the spirit.

Hermit Crab
07-12-2019, 07:00 PM
Do you think that will happen?

Unlikely but theres a long way to go in the season, our next 2 fixtures are against the OF, say we lose both and Hearts make up some ground. 10 points isn't that big a gap really.

Hermit Crab
Give it a *** rest

Give what a rest? Its a question.

Vault Boy

They won't, so it doesn't really matter.

But as you well know, the Hibs manager will be judged on his results for us, not on the performance of other teams. Very good start on that front.

😴

weecounty hibby
07-12-2019, 07:01 PM
For a club that likes to proclaim their bigliness they don't half make themselves look tinpot with their statements. Hibs are now, always have been and forever will be the benchmark for them. They don't care how good, bad or indifferent the team are as long as they are better than Hibs. Been a long time now ya fuds and it will continue

Hermit Crab
07-12-2019, 07:01 PM
That's the spirit.

I didn't say it would happen did I?

Offside Trap
07-12-2019, 07:02 PM

Two questions:

What’s your view on the likelihood of that happening and why?

If it does what’s your response to your own question and why?

The 90+2
07-12-2019, 07:03 PM

He’s no Davie Moyes 😉

The 90+2
07-12-2019, 07:04 PM

Yes, as we would be in the relegation zone.

Hermit Crab
07-12-2019, 07:06 PM
He’s no Davie Moyes 😉

I'd take him. :agree:

The 90+2
07-12-2019, 07:16 PM
I'd take him. :agree:

I’ll try and set it up for next years Valentine’s Day then mate 😁

Pedantic_Hibee
07-12-2019, 07:23 PM

Jesus Christ. I’m out.

Sir David Gray
07-12-2019, 07:33 PM
Unlikely but theres a long way to go in the season, our next 2 fixtures are against the OF, say we lose both and Hearts make up some ground. 10 points isn't that big a gap really.

If we were sitting joint bottom just now and 10 points behind Hearts, I'm willing to bet you wouldn't give us any hope of catching them.

Groathillgrump
07-12-2019, 07:34 PM
I see on Kickback someone's already spelling their new gaffers name like this:
Danie1 5tendel :rolleyes:

BILLYHIBS
07-12-2019, 07:47 PM
Just been paid oot by Sky Bet on Stendel winning the booby prize

Just back from pub

Did I miss something?

:dunno:

Bishop Hibee
07-12-2019, 07:49 PM
Obsessed with the Mighty Cabbage. They’ll never recover from 0-7 and the fact we’re sexier than them.

The 90+2
07-12-2019, 07:51 PM
Just been paid oot by Sky Bet on Stendel winning the booby prize

Just back from pub

Did I miss something?

:dunno:

Yes, Hearts are ten points behind us and some German tosser has been appointed their next manager.

BILLYHIBS
07-12-2019, 07:57 PM
Yes, Hearts are ten points behind us and some German tosser has been appointed their next manager.

Get in! :greengrin

The 90+2
07-12-2019, 08:15 PM
Get in! :greengrin

Enjoy yir Kebab Bill 😁

07-12-2019, 08:18 PM
That line in the Hearts announcement ffs . Absolute cringe.

Haha just saw that. They can't help themselves eh. What a sad, small time pathetic wee club they are. Cringewothy stuff but beautiful to know we are such a constant thorn in their side and living permanently rent free inside their minds :greengrin

Just_Jimmy
07-12-2019, 09:32 PM
Number one target, one after they got bumped by "ten points clear" Ross.

Where's jack ross' Hibs in relation to weird Dan's hearts ya melts?

Ggtth

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

FilipinoHibs
07-12-2019, 09:43 PM
Unbelievable and petty statement. I am sure it makes all those puddle drinkers happy after another defeat and rooted to the bottom of the league.

Eyrie
07-12-2019, 09:48 PM
Number 1 choice
If you ignore the other 2 they wanted before that,...

Three surely?

Adams and Ross rejected them and McPhee failed his audition.

07-12-2019, 09:56 PM
Unbelievable and petty statement. I am sure it makes all those puddle drinkers happy after another defeat and rooted to the bottom of the league.

The number one target comment is Budge suggesting they didn't want JR. That plus the beating Jack Ross's Sunderland comment are deflection tactics.

She'd stated they were going to get someone high profile and experienced. Stendel is neither. A month ago only a few had heard of him and many of those that had, was only because of Joey Barton allegedly assaulting him. His experience consists of just 100 games as a head coach. 34 in the German 2nd division and 66 with Barnsley, only 11 of these were in the Championship (where he scored a total of 6 points) and the rest were in League 1.

Jim44
07-12-2019, 10:09 PM
The number one target comment is Budge suggesting they didn't want JR. That plus the beating Jack Ross's Sunderland comment are deflection tactics.

She'd stated they were going to get someone high profile and experienced. Stendel is neither. A month ago only a few had heard of him and many of those that had, was only because of Joey Barton allegedly assaulting him. His experience consists of just 100 games as a head coach. 34 in the German 2nd division and 66 with Barnsley, only 11 of these were in the Championship (where he scored a total of 6 points) and the rest were in League 1.

I can assure you that at no stage did Ross have any intention of landing the Jambo gig.

Crab apple
07-12-2019, 10:12 PM

And he only lasted a season with each. He’s a huge risk for Budgie given the money they are shelling out for him. And in JR v DS head to head last season JR was unbeaten.

Diclonius
07-12-2019, 10:13 PM
If we made a comment like that in one of our statements we'd all be fawning over it.

Let them have their fun. The only thing that matters is beating him now.

Jones28
07-12-2019, 10:19 PM

Get tae bed ffs

lord bunberry
07-12-2019, 10:23 PM
The problems over there run far deeper than who’s in charge of picking the team. You’ve got the incontinent tour guide hanging around like a bad smell while all his coaching team are still in place. They’ve got no money to spend in January and were down in Manchester trying to punt their superstar young right back that can’t currently get into the team to Man City. Their squad is demoralised and completely unbalanced. If this new guy is known for playing attractive football what is he going to make of Ikpeazu? Add that they’ve got an owner with no idea about how to run a football club and this new guy is on a hiding to nothing.

The 90+2
07-12-2019, 10:25 PM
I can assure you that at no stage did Ross have any intention of landing the Jambo gig.

Ross, didn’t apply for the Hearts job, he met them as being professional and took our job as soon as it was offered. Hearts didn’t have the chance to offer Jack anything.

The 90+2
07-12-2019, 10:26 PM
If we made a comment like that in one of our statements we'd all be fawning over it.

Probably not if we sat bottom of the league 10 points behind them tbh.

Eyrie
07-12-2019, 10:27 PM
Ross, didn’t apply for the Hearts job, he met them as being professional and took our job as soon as it was offered. Hearts didn’t have the chance to offer Jack anything.

If Ross didn't apply then Hearts must have asked him for an interview, which is proof they wanted him.

Vault Boy
07-12-2019, 10:29 PM
Probably not if we sat bottom of the league 10 points behind them tbh.

Absolutely spot on. It's objectively a really tin pot move, but it just shows how utterly desperate they are these days. Quite pleasing.

NOLA
07-12-2019, 11:10 PM
Seeing as Stendel likes to get in amongst his teams fans and sample a few beers [emoji481] how long before we see him doing the 5-1 hand [emoji870] and talking about beating the “wee team” I don’t think he will go so far as to get FTH tattooed on his dome but! Or will he [emoji85][emoji23]

eastmainsmsh
08-12-2019, 12:58 AM
you have to laugh deluded that lot

PaulSmith
08-12-2019, 07:51 AM
Seemingly this appointment is a huge statement from Budge to everyone that she means business.

100 games as a manager
zero knowledge of Scottish football
costs for him and staff c£1m
Heckingbottom lasted longer with Barnsley in the Championship!

Seemingly he likes a to have vodka shots down the Tynie Arms though

cocteautwin
08-12-2019, 08:09 AM
Seemingly this appointment is a huge statement from Budge to everyone that she means business.

£29m and 5 years too late. Business genius.

Since452
08-12-2019, 09:25 AM
Panic panic panic

Pumped again, bottom of the league, Hibs ragdoll Aberdeen. What should we do Mrs Budge? Quick, announce Stendel and put something in the statement about Hibs to distract our deluded fans...

Waxy
08-12-2019, 09:32 AM
Daniel stendal is pretty close to an anagram of Stand Denial.
Just a wee random thought.

Since452
08-12-2019, 09:38 AM
Stendel loves a pumping from a Jack Ross team. Hopefully that continues

Since90+2
08-12-2019, 09:44 AM
They are basically just a comedy act club now.

An expensive **** new stand , smaller capacity than ER, fighting relegation, worst team in the league over the past 12 months , and they had to effectively beg a manager who got sacked from Barnsley to take over at them.

We occupy their thoughts so much that they need to mention our new manager , who turned them down , when appointing their new manager. We really do live in their heads 24/7.

Northernhibee
08-12-2019, 10:24 AM
They are basically just a comedy act club now.

An expensive **** new stand , smaller capacity than ER, fighting relegation, worst team in the league over the past 12 months , and they had to effectively beg a manager who got sacked from Barnsley to take over at them.

We occupy their thoughts so much that they need to mention our new manager , who turned them down , when appointing their new manager. We really do live in their heads 24/7.

Let's not forget it's a stand that they forgot to order seats for, and that they needed to get Gary "has someone been eating asparagus" Locke to show fans how to work a turnstile.

erin go bragh

Personally I’d be cringing if we were joint bottom of the league and their new manager had put them 10 points above us in 3 weeks .

wallpaperman
An amusing thread over the road which asks will Stendel favour the high pressing game, the assumption is that he will.

Many of the more lucid Jambos (I know, I know) are pointing out that this style is going to suit almost none of their more experienced players for various reasons.

Could be interesting to see how this unfolds....

Jones28
08-12-2019, 10:26 AM
An amusing thread over the road which asks will Stendel favour the high pressing game, the assumption is that he will.

Many of the more lucid Jambos (I know, I know) are pointing out that this style is going to suit almost none of their more experienced players for various reasons.

Claire, Ikpeazu, Naismith, McLean and Berra are not players that are going to play a high press.

Northernhibee
08-12-2019, 10:26 AM

Especially with Steven McLean (who of course can't run but that's OK because he's never been able to, according to Professor Levein)

Cataplana
08-12-2019, 10:32 AM
Let's not forget it's a stand that they forgot to order seats for, and that they needed to get Gary "has someone been eating asparagus" Locke to show fans how to work a turnstile.

You are a bad man.

Hibeesmad
08-12-2019, 10:34 AM
It’s all about Boxing Day, win that and we have them exactly where we want them.

Northernhibee
You are a bad man.

Wasnae me that forgot to order the seats. :greengrin

Since452

Trying to play a high press with that squad is a recipe for disaster. They'll be picked off by far more streetwise teams.

GreenCastle
08-12-2019, 10:36 AM
Claire, Ikpeazu, Naismith, McLean and Berra are not players that are going to play a high press.

Try get Berra playing out from the back - it isn’t going to happen.

High press is possible on the 5 a side Tiny pitch but away from home it won’t work.

I said it earlier in this thread - this guy will be here max till end of next season and will move on.

They would have been better finding a manager who can build them and not some inexperienced guy who wants to be back in England or Germany as soon as possible.

Bottom line is if he was any good he wouldn’t have been sacked from his only 2 jobs and other teams around the world would have made an offer. They can dress it up / release amateur statements as much as they like but if you have half a brain you can see this.

Looking forward to seeing how the next mess unfolds for them.

I thought the Sporting Director was meant to be appointed 1st also ??

ionahibby
08-12-2019, 10:39 AM
Got a feeling he will be a skacel type character for that lot. Beat us once and he will be hero who will forever be welcome down the Tynie arms 🙄

08-12-2019, 10:41 AM

It's quite a small statement compared to her usual long winded BS. :greengrin

Jack Hackett
08-12-2019, 11:13 AM

Given the timing... Saturday evening after yet another defeat... it was definitely a rush job to appease the mob.

Cataplana
08-12-2019, 11:24 AM
Given the timing... Saturday evening after yet another defeat... it was definitely a rush job to appease the mob.

Maybe McPhee was getting one last chance?

FilipinoHibs
08-12-2019, 11:38 AM
It’s all about Boxing Day, win that and we have them exactly where we want them.

The good thing is JR is familiar with the new manager's tactics and approach. Can't wait.

Oscar T Grouch
08-12-2019, 11:48 AM
They play St Johnstone next, the announcement has been made now to give him his best chance of starting with a win. If they had announced before the Motherwell game they'd be facing one of the in form sides in the league and would probably seen a defeat for his first game in charge. That is a gamble though and if they get beat at Home to the Perth saints it will be a worse start than getting beat off the 3rd placed team in the league. Remember St Johnstones last win was against the gorgie puddle drinkers :greengrin

Jack Hackett
08-12-2019, 12:10 PM
Maybe McPhee was getting one last chance?

Nah! He was history after the Killie game. No way back after that.

hibbyfraelibby
08-12-2019, 12:14 PM

...and adequately punctuated.

FilipinoHibs
09-12-2019, 07:25 AM
...and adequately punctuated.

Must been "even ready" to go out if they lost.

Gloucester Hibs
09-12-2019, 08:22 AM
You could tell the whole thing was rushed out to appease/distract the support after another bad defeat! No photo of the gadgie with a scarf over his heid, or even so much as a direct quote from him? :lolyam:

Cataplana
09-12-2019, 08:26 AM
You could tell the whole thing was rushed out to appease/distract the support after another bad defeat! No photo of the gadgie with a scarf over his heid, or even so much as a direct quote from him? :lolyam:

Not even had time for the Daily Record to dress him up in a kilt and Nazi helmet, and print some headline about not mentioning the war.

Carheenlea
09-12-2019, 08:27 AM
Looking forward to seeing how many times Hibs get referenced in the press unveiling when it comes.

makaveli1875
09-12-2019, 08:30 AM
They play St Johnstone next, the announcement has been made now to give him his best chance of starting with a win. If they had announced before the Motherwell game they'd be facing one of the in form sides in the league and would probably seen a defeat for his first game in charge. That is a gamble though and if they get beat at Home to the Perth saints it will be a worse start than getting beat off the 3rd placed team in the league. Remember St Johnstones last win was against the gorgie puddle drinkers :greengrin

The supercoach shat his pants from Motherwell :lolyam: Jack Ross took them on for his 1st game and handed them a beat down :flag:

Coco Bryce
09-12-2019, 08:30 AM
Complete amateurish behaviour from them as usual.

Springbank
09-12-2019, 08:34 AM
Anyone else hearing that Barnsley have asked for £480,000 compensation?

jacomo
09-12-2019, 09:13 AM
Looking forward to seeing how many times Hibs get referenced in the press unveiling when it comes.

“Now Daniel, let’s run through it again... you show five fingers on one hand, and one on the other, like this.”

Edit: meanwhile Budge will repeat ‘no.1 target’ more times than BoJo says ‘get Brexit done’.

Since452
09-12-2019, 09:14 AM
To be fair St Johnstone at home is the easiest possible start. Be funny if they don't we win

Jim44
09-12-2019, 09:24 AM

That’s probably their opening gambit. Budge will offer £50k and after a bit of toing and froing Barnsley will accept £150k.

Barney McGrew
09-12-2019, 11:11 AM
That’s probably their opening gambit. Budge will offer £50k and after a bit of toing and froing Barnsley will accept £150k.

The way they throw money against the wall, it’s more likely Budgie will successfully negotiate their payment up to £750k :cb

I'm Spartacus
09-12-2019, 11:15 AM

I have heard that the complexities of his contract situation made him an unattractive options for those clubs that came calling, one being Sunderland - strange situation. Looking forward to watching their BBC documentary and the clown led circus that will play out in front of us all.

If I hear "High press" one more time I think i'll spew.

Cataplana
09-12-2019, 11:22 AM
Any photos of the Messiah arriving at the Budgiedome yet?

Carheenlea
09-12-2019, 11:26 AM
If there’s still negotiations ongoing over compensation, then despite the post defeat announcement there might still be a chance of this falling through? Unless Hearts have accepted what the max they may have to pay.

Since452
09-12-2019, 11:27 AM
Is he expected to be in the dugout on Saturday?

09-12-2019, 11:44 AM
Is he expected to be in the dugout on Saturday?

Yes. In the dugout watching the dugsh¡te.

FilipinoHibs
09-12-2019, 11:49 AM
To be fair St Johnstone at home is the easiest possible start. Be funny if they don't we win

They got a battling draw in their last outing. Will be no push over.

Barman Stanton
09-12-2019, 11:54 AM

You have said this on a couple of different threads but I really dont see that as the case. Most people I know would find it embarrassing.

jacomo
09-12-2019, 12:14 PM
You have said this on a couple of different threads but I really dont see that as the case. Most people I know would find it embarrassing.

:agree: