PDA

View Full Version : Yams Levein Sacked

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Bostonhibby
21-11-2019, 07:11 PM
The Levein guy might be the ideal 4th choice but just as Head Coach this time around?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Gordy M
21-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Despite their scare that Stendel was out of the running, he is still 1-8 with the bookies so there’s every chance he will be appointed.

He is 8/15 with Paddy Power.....

Since452
21-11-2019, 07:47 PM
The amount of Hearts fans creaming themselves about Stendel winning EFL league one is mental. Especially when Luton Town won it

tamig
21-11-2019, 10:47 PM
The amount of Hearts fans creaming themselves about Stendel winning EFL league one is mental. Especially when Luton Town won it

Aye. They’re not the most knowledgeable when it comes to football matters outside their pink palace.

Since452
22-11-2019, 07:11 AM
To be fair if Nanny McPhee gets a win this weekend then i don't think their fans will be too bothered about not having a manager. If Killie beat them and we win they'll throw the toys out the pram and appoint Ray McKinnon or the like in panic. Fingers crossed

ian cruise
22-11-2019, 07:48 AM
To be fair if Nanny McPhee gets a win this weekend then i don't think their fans will be too bothered about not having a manager. If Killie beat them and we win they'll throw the toys out the pram and appoint Ray McKinnon or the like in panic. Fingers crossed

Opinion is definitely changing towards McPhee. I don't know if they are just accepting its inevitable or they've looked at his stats and last week and decided he's worth a shot but folk I know wouldn't be unhappy with him.

JimBHibees
22-11-2019, 07:55 AM
Some on KB saying he has no wish to work in Scotland.

Highly regarded German coach would assume he would have a few options. This will be about getting his name out there. Think he would be a decent appointment if goes to Hearts ion the very little I know about him but something different and saw a couple of games Barnsley near end of last season and they did look good.

Joe6-2
22-11-2019, 08:13 AM
What’s happened to appointing a D o F before a manager?

Since452
22-11-2019, 08:40 AM
Highly regarded German coach would assume he would have a few options. This will be about getting his name out there. Think he would be a decent appointment if goes to Hearts ion the very little I know about him but something different and saw a couple of games Barnsley near end of last season and they did look good.

Must be a reason why Sunderland, Stoke, Hibs, Cardiff etc didn't consider Stendel. Maybe the compensation aspect.

Carheenlea
22-11-2019, 06:45 PM
MacPhee has a swipe back at “the voice of Hearts” Allan Preston in the Evening News..

Hearts interim boss Austin MacPhee highlights 'four lies' told by Allan Preston

Caretaker manager hits back at BBC pundit
By David Gunn

Hearts interim boss Austin MacPhee has lashed out at pundit Allan Preston, accusing him of spreading lies in an astonishing rant.

The Tynecastle caretaker was left livid by comments made by Preston during a discussion on BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound show ahead of this month's win over St Mirren.

MacPhee suggested the former Jambos defender had attempted to undermine his chances of landing the Gorgie job on a permanent basis with four "factually incorrect" statements.
see
The BBC were later forced to issue an apology to the Northern Ireland assistant boss.

But that did not appear to appease MacPhee, who hit back as he held a press conference ahead of Saturday's trip to Kilmarnock.

He said: "The results I've had as the manager speak for themselves.

"Prior to the game, I spoke with confidence about what I thought the team could achieve in that game and where I think the club can go.

"I know in particular that Allan Preston on the BBC opened the programme before the game by discrediting me with four different statements in particular which were just lies, which I was very disappointed with.

"I thought it was a slight on my players, on the club and for the BBC's 'voice of Hearts' to make these statements I thought was very poor.

"I believe the difference between a lie and an error is it is done with malice.

"Now if you open the show being heavily critical of me and then try to back it up with four points that are factually incorrect, then I believe that's four lies.

"The first one was that we were bringing in players from Manchester City's academy. That's a complete fabrication. Not true.

"Ryotaro Meshino was signed for one million euros from Gamba Osaka and came straight to Hearts, so he has never set foot in Man City's academy. The second one was that Craig Wighton was brought in from nowhere so I could stick two fingers up to Craig Levein.

"That is also a complete lie. Craig Wighton in his last two games for Craig Levein - when he was fit and available - started at Parkhead then came on in the cup final.

"Craig then suffered a medial ligament injury in pre-season so the Rangers game was the first game for which he could be selected.

"He also said that the academy wasn't working and the last player to be sold from the academy was Callum Paterson, who joined the club at 16. That's not true either. Callum left in 2017. In 2018 Marc Leonard left for Brighton and Jamie Walker signed for Wigan.

"There's three lies to back up his case. The final one was obviously saying I brought in Malaury Martin. That also isn't true and is a complete fabrication.

"If you're going to associate any players with me, surely it would be the players who have come in from Northern Ireland, which include the top goalscorer since John Robertson (Kyle Lafferty), and also the biggest return we've had since I've been at the club in Esmael Goncalves. Two strikers that I recommended.

"So I was very disappointed with people trying to put me on the back foot immediately.

"I feel that I have to tell the supporters that they can't trust some of the information that the BBC's Hearts expert is putting out there.

"I need to address these to defend my players, academy staff and make sure the truth is told."

Northern Ireland boss Michael O'Neill was invited on to Sportsound a few days later to defend his right-hand man.

And MacPhee - who said he knew nothing about reports he was being lined up by owner Ann Budge to take on the new role of sporting director rather than boss - added: "The BBC's apology to me apologised for the tone and lack of balance. Honestly, I'm not bothered. It doesn't matter.

"Michael O'Neill spoke up for me - somebody who has actually worked with me day in, day out for five-and-a-half years - whereas some of the guys in the studio I have never met.

"It would be far better for this club if the focus of the discussion was on the performance. If the BBC want to apologise to me for the tone and lack of balance then that's an indictment on the way the show started that day.

"That's not what bothers me. What bothers me is people trying to lie to make sure I can't do my job.

"So far I'm unaware that I have been dismissed (as a candidate). I can't comment on that.

"I don't think any caretaker manager with the record I've got, which is four wins out of five, would be dismissed for this role.

"I'm taking the team tomorrow and hoping we can build on it."

An on-air apology to MacPhee was made on BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound programme, which stated: "Before we talk about Hearts and their managerial vacancy, we apologise to Austin MacPhee for the tone and lack of balance during last Saturday's discussion on their search for Craig Levein's successor

Since452
22-11-2019, 06:49 PM
MacPhee has a swipe back at “the voice of Hearts” Allan Preston in the Evening News..

Hearts interim boss Austin MacPhee highlights 'four lies' told by Allan Preston

Caretaker manager hits back at BBC pundit
By David Gunn

Hearts interim boss Austin MacPhee has lashed out at pundit Allan Preston, accusing him of spreading lies in an astonishing rant.

The Tynecastle caretaker was left livid by comments made by Preston during a discussion on BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound show ahead of this month's win over St Mirren.

MacPhee suggested the former Jambos defender had attempted to undermine his chances of landing the Gorgie job on a permanent basis with four "factually incorrect" statements.
see
The BBC were later forced to issue an apology to the Northern Ireland assistant boss.

But that did not appear to appease MacPhee, who hit back as he held a press conference ahead of Saturday's trip to Kilmarnock.

He said: "The results I've had as the manager speak for themselves.

"Prior to the game, I spoke with confidence about what I thought the team could achieve in that game and where I think the club can go.

"I know in particular that Allan Preston on the BBC opened the programme before the game by discrediting me with four different statements in particular which were just lies, which I was very disappointed with.

"I thought it was a slight on my players, on the club and for the BBC's 'voice of Hearts' to make these statements I thought was very poor.

"I believe the difference between a lie and an error is it is done with malice.

"Now if you open the show being heavily critical of me and then try to back it up with four points that are factually incorrect, then I believe that's four lies.

"The first one was that we were bringing in players from Manchester City's academy. That's a complete fabrication. Not true.

"Ryotaro Meshino was signed for one million euros from Gamba Osaka and came straight to Hearts, so he has never set foot in Man City's academy. The second one was that Craig Wighton was brought in from nowhere so I could stick two fingers up to Craig Levein.

"That is also a complete lie. Craig Wighton in his last two games for Craig Levein - when he was fit and available - started at Parkhead then came on in the cup final.

"Craig then suffered a medial ligament injury in pre-season so the Rangers game was the first game for which he could be selected.

"He also said that the academy wasn't working and the last player to be sold from the academy was Callum Paterson, who joined the club at 16. That's not true either. Callum left in 2017. In 2018 Marc Leonard left for Brighton and Jamie Walker signed for Wigan.

"There's three lies to back up his case. The final one was obviously saying I brought in Malaury Martin. That also isn't true and is a complete fabrication.

"If you're going to associate any players with me, surely it would be the players who have come in from Northern Ireland, which include the top goalscorer since John Robertson (Kyle Lafferty), and also the biggest return we've had since I've been at the club in Esmael Goncalves. Two strikers that I recommended.

"So I was very disappointed with people trying to put me on the back foot immediately.

"I feel that I have to tell the supporters that they can't trust some of the information that the BBC's Hearts expert is putting out there.

"I need to address these to defend my players, academy staff and make sure the truth is told."

Northern Ireland boss Michael O'Neill was invited on to Sportsound a few days later to defend his right-hand man.

And MacPhee - who said he knew nothing about reports he was being lined up by owner Ann Budge to take on the new role of sporting director rather than boss - added: "The BBC's apology to me apologised for the tone and lack of balance. Honestly, I'm not bothered. It doesn't matter.

"Michael O'Neill spoke up for me - somebody who has actually worked with me day in, day out for five-and-a-half years - whereas some of the guys in the studio I have never met.

"It would be far better for this club if the focus of the discussion was on the performance. If the BBC want to apologise to me for the tone and lack of balance then that's an indictment on the way the show started that day.

"That's not what bothers me. What bothers me is people trying to lie to make sure I can't do my job.

"So far I'm unaware that I have been dismissed (as a candidate). I can't comment on that.

"I don't think any caretaker manager with the record I've got, which is four wins out of five, would be dismissed for this role.

"I'm taking the team tomorrow and hoping we can build on it."

An on-air apology to MacPhee was made on BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound programme, which stated: "Before we talk about Hearts and their managerial vacancy, we apologise to Austin MacPhee for the tone and lack of balance during last Saturday's discussion on their search for Craig Levein's successor

Good on him. Just sad jealousy from Preston. Utter weapon.

JimBHibees
22-11-2019, 07:04 PM

Totally agree pretty disgusting by Preston. Also noticed on the day of Levein sacking BBC journo Brian McLaughlin coming out and saying something along the lines of McPhee was very unpopular behind the scenes at Hearts which seemed IMO totally out of order. Maybe been speaking to much to Preston.

Jones28
22-11-2019, 07:05 PM

Yepp, throbber.

NC1875
22-11-2019, 07:10 PM
Won four games out of five ?

Since452
22-11-2019, 07:15 PM
Totally agree pretty disgusting by Preston. Also noticed on the day of Levein sacking BBC journo Brian McLaughlin coming out and saying something along the lines of McPhee was very unpopular behind the scenes at Hearts which seemed IMO totally out of order. Maybe been speaking to much to Preston.

Get the impression folk like Preston and McLaughlin feel threatened by younger guys with good ideas. It's exactly what we need in Scottish football to move it forward. If McPhee goes on to get the job then good for him. Especially if it shuts dinosaurs like those two up.

hibees 7062
22-11-2019, 07:28 PM
Won four games out of five ?
He was in charge after Cathro

22-11-2019, 08:12 PM
He was in charge after Cathro

Thought that was John Daly that stood in after Cathro.

MacPhee has been in charge for the last 2 games and for the home win v St Mirren when Levein had his heart attack. Levein was back for the next match 2 weeks later v Motherwell. I've idea which other 2 matches MacPhee was in charge for, which he's saying were both wins, and neither did the Jambo I asked.

I really hope MacPhee gets the Head Coach job, I'd imagine there are loads of Jambos against the idea because of him being the assistant under 2 failures plus he is neither experienced nor high profile.

CMurdoch
22-11-2019, 08:14 PM
McPhee cites 4 lies told by Preston (see above).
Pushing it big time to call them lies.

H18 SFR
22-11-2019, 08:17 PM

He's making the point that there is an agenda against him on BBC Scotland and quite frankly he is correct.

Bostonhibby
22-11-2019, 08:34 PM
He's making the point that there is an agenda against him on BBC Scotland and quite frankly he is correct.Am thinking the same but they've enjoyed the favourable coverage from these absolute roasters for decades so, if you swim with the turds........

Obviously Preston and his chums would prefer a tradishunal yam type arrangement so bring back Locke I say. Maybe assisted by someone of the quality of say Alan Preston?

jacomo
22-11-2019, 08:35 PM

Jambos at war!

What is going on?

Chip shop Joe
22-11-2019, 08:58 PM
Quite right too!

I have a new found respect for McPhee, good on him!

H18 SFR
22-11-2019, 09:01 PM
Quite right too!

Same here, big time.

weecounty hibby
22-11-2019, 09:07 PM
So for the first time that I can remember BBC radio Jambo hasn't been slavering all over them in a great big **** fest and they have to give them an on air apology. Unbelievable when you consider some of the **** we have had to out up with. McPhee may have a point but for **** sake, an on air apology?!

The 90+2
22-11-2019, 09:17 PM
Hearts playing the media against the club everyone back Austin McPhee card then.

Just wait until a derby loss for them under that boy, guaranteed there won’t be any sticking up for the welt then.

Preston’s an arse yes, Levein hates him though and doesn’t deal with any players he’s the agent of also. Now if you where to say the name of them **** John Colquhoun then it’s a different story.

Why didn’t Mcphee go for Willie Miller who ripped him to ****?

The 90+2
22-11-2019, 09:21 PM
So for the first time that I can remember BBC radio Jambo hasn't been slavering all over them in a great big **** fest and they have to give them an on air apology. Unbelievable when you consider some of the **** we have had to out up with. McPhee may have a point but for **** sake, an on air apology?!

You seem surprised.

tamig
22-11-2019, 09:48 PM

That’s what I thought. Almost getting into technicalities. Comes across as a bit of a fud to me.

Jones28
22-11-2019, 09:57 PM

Well...are they true?

Eyrie
22-11-2019, 10:07 PM

Of course McPhee's not bothered. That's why he felt the need to hijack a press conference about a game against Kilmarnock to complain about a pundit having an opinion he doesn't like.

Northernhibee
22-11-2019, 10:12 PM
I’m kind of glad we’ve acted decisively in regards to the new manager. If either club get it wrong then relegation is a real possibility and the more they struggle to get the names they want the better.

Diclonius
22-11-2019, 10:13 PM
I’m kind of glad we’ve acted decisively in regards to the new manager. If either club get it wrong then relegation is a real possibility and the more they struggle to get the names they want the better.

I just want 2 in a row at Tynecastle.

22-11-2019, 10:13 PM

The longer Budge's search (aka Where’s Wally) goes on, the better the Head Coach they'll be expecting, meaning the bigger the seethe will be when they eventually appoint MacPhee, McCann or someone of equally low calibre.

I'm getting impatient to know who it'll be so god knows what they're like about it.

FilipinoHibs
22-11-2019, 10:31 PM

Austin is about 100 times smarter than Preston. Read his wiki entry to see he has a varied career at home and abroad and interests outside football.

surreyhibbie
22-11-2019, 10:49 PM
Quite right too!

Me too. He doesn't deserve that, the scruffy git... :greengrin

green with envy
23-11-2019, 12:25 AM
Quite right too!

I never realised that folk outside of hearts would have an interest in him to have found respect.

Haymaker
23-11-2019, 12:27 AM
I just want 2 in a row at Tynecastle.

Here we go, two in a row!

jacomo
23-11-2019, 06:46 AM
The longer Budge's search (aka Where’s Wally) goes on, the better the Head Coach they'll be expecting, meaning the bigger the seethe will be when they eventually appoint MacPhee, McCann or someone of equally low calibre.

I'm getting impatient to know who it'll be so god knows what they're like about it.

McCann would be a disaster for them.

MacPhee seems like a decent guy and surely a decent candidate for the job. Budge has piled the pressure on by running her mouth off, as per usual.

SMAXXA
23-11-2019, 06:57 AM
McCann would be a disaster for them.

MacPhee seems like a decent guy and surely a decent candidate for the job. Budge has piled the pressure on by running her mouth off, as per usual.

That’s why as frustrating as it is for some people I totally understand why Hibs don’t come out with interviews and statements galore until we have something concrete to communicate.

For me she’s had an absolute nightmare and brought it on herself. If I were a Jambo I’d be very concerned.

J-C
23-11-2019, 07:51 AM
McPhee you would have thought was never a contender but he got the tactics spot on in their last match, scored a bunch of goals and made the fans happy, Budge will take note of that.

Since452
23-11-2019, 07:54 AM
Im not surprised it's taking so long for them to appoint someone. The candidates are dug*****. Jack Ross was the stand out name and we appointed him.

Col2
23-11-2019, 08:04 AM
The interview panel is Budge, club lawyer and Donald Park.

Donald is a great coach but probably not got any experience interviewing for high profile Sporting Director/Manager roles. The other two know as much about football as my gran.

Is it any wonder they look like they have no strategy or consistent approach and appear to be bouncing around fumbling in the dark. If only the lovely Craig was around to help them.....

BILLYHIBS
23-11-2019, 08:16 AM
Get Levein to announce Levein!

SMAXXA
23-11-2019, 08:28 AM

Donald is a great coach but probably not got any experience interviewing for high profile Sporting Director/Manager roles. The other two know as much about football as my gran.

Is it any wonder they look like they have no strategy or consistent approach and appear to be bouncing around fumbling in the dark. If only the lovely Craig was around to help them.....

Aye but don’t kid yourself on he will be consulted by budge on the candidates before the appointed guaranteed

23-11-2019, 08:28 AM
Of course McPhee's not bothered. That's why he felt the need to hijack a press conference about a game against Kilmarnock to complain about a pundit having an opinion he doesn't like.

He couldn't exactly ignore what had been said about him so did the right thing to come out fighting. Here's hoping MacPhee v Preston is the new Levein v M Stewart. Looking forward to hearing Preston's response.

southsider
23-11-2019, 08:30 AM
Mikey Stewart in the current but hinting the may offer a new boss a million pound salary paid for by a 'benifactor'. That is serious money. However Stewart may be wrong.

jacomo
23-11-2019, 08:30 AM
McPhee you would have thought was never a contender but he got the tactics spot on in their last match, scored a bunch of goals and made the fans happy, Budge will take note of that.

As she should, but the point is that the daft biddy has hinted heavily that she is going to appoint a high profile name from outside their current structure.

So if she pulls the ‘the right candidate was here all the time’ routine it’s going to cause a bit of bother.

southsider
23-11-2019, 08:38 AM
As she should, but the point is that the daft biddy has hinted heavily that she is going to appoint a high profile name from outside their current structure.

So if she pulls the ‘the right candidate was here all the time’ routine it’s going to cause a bit of bother.
But, but Jose got the Spurs gig. They could always go for his brother Josb.

ancient hibee
23-11-2019, 09:10 AM
Jose is only on £15M a year so well within the Hearts benefactor range.They’ve missed a trick.

Col2
23-11-2019, 09:38 AM
Mikey Stewart in the current but hinting the may offer a new boss a million pound salary paid for by a 'benifactor'. That is serious money. However Stewart may be wrong.

And they would still not get a guaranteed top manager. A million pound a year manager would expect a bigger club with a transfer budget Budge could only dream about especially given she hands the club over next year to the mutants.

Chip shop Joe
23-11-2019, 09:49 AM
I never realised that folk outside of hearts would have an interest in him to have found respect.

Bit of strange comment that one?

Sorry to disappoint you😃

Eyrie
23-11-2019, 09:52 AM

The forelock tuggers will agree with whatever she rambles about in the official announcement of their new manager.

theonlywayisup
23-11-2019, 09:58 AM
Think the natives could lose patience if they lose to Kilmarnock, with game at Ibrox to follow.

If we were to beat Motherwell, St Mirren and Killie, there's the chance that we could be 10 points ahead before they even play The Rangers, if they were to lose.

Disclaimer: Yes, I know we've only picked up 12 points from 12 games, so 9 points from the next three is quite a major improvement.

Carheenlea
23-11-2019, 09:58 AM

It just goes to show the value of having a proper structure in place - Jack Ross going to speak to Hearts must have realised he was dealing with a more professional structure and quality of individual at Hibs, and a footballing strategy that obviously made it an easy decision for him.
Hearts are a high profile and established club in Scotland, but Anne Budge is making a pigs ear of the recruitment process in appointing a new manager.

Peevemor
23-11-2019, 10:29 AM
I read somewhere too that Donald Park is part of the interview panel, but a mate who knows him well has told me that this isn't the case.

theonlywayisup
23-11-2019, 10:32 AM
I think Allan Preston should get the job.

Since452
23-11-2019, 10:36 AM
I read somewhere too that Donald Park is part of the interview panel, but a mate who knows him well has told me that this isn't the case.

Yeah Budge, Park and a club lawyer apparently

Billy Whizz
23-11-2019, 10:38 AM
The thing about Preston, is he has another agenda on the radio. Probably pushing the managers the company he represents
Think he should be punted for this alone, conflict of interest

Joe6-2
23-11-2019, 10:52 AM
The thing about Preston, is he has another agenda on the radio. Probably pushing the managers the company he represents

He should be punted just for being a welt

Marvellous
23-11-2019, 11:05 AM
I thought Sportsound were condescending about MacPhee but he's looking like a bit of a tool with those comments, saying Preston told 4 lies and calling him the 'voice of hearts'. Way over the top and wide of the mark. Levein-esque.

Golden Bear
23-11-2019, 11:07 AM

I couldn't agree more Billy and its been going on for far too long.

Weegreenman
23-11-2019, 11:10 AM
I think football management is an absolute lottery. Sometimes your hot but most of the time your not.

Marvellous
23-11-2019, 11:11 AM

I reckon Preston's alright, seems passionate and genuinely making a decent effort: more than can be said for people like Rob Mclean, Derek Ferguson, Murdo Macleod and Chick Young, who actually seems to revel in his own buffoonery.

PaulSmith
23-11-2019, 11:12 AM
Based on those comments I’d like to see Nanny McPhee get the job as we’ll we’ll be able to sit back and watch him lose the plot on more interviews.

He really fancies himself as some kind of football guru, he’s a step up from Cathro but not by much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

G B Young
23-11-2019, 11:14 AM
Thought that was John Daly that stood in after Cathro.

MacPhee has been in charge for the last 2 games and for the home win v St Mirren when Levein had his heart attack. Levein was back for the next match 2 weeks later v Motherwell. I've idea which other 2 matches MacPhee was in charge for, which he's saying were both wins, and neither did the Jambo I asked.

I really hope MacPhee gets the Head Coach job, I'd imagine there are loads of Jambos against the idea because of him being the assistant under 2 failures plus he is neither experienced nor high profile.

Yep, he seems to stretching the truth himself a bit on that. Daly definitely in charge post-Cathro:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40802494

Preston is a bit of an erse but MacPhee's statement is right out of the Levein playbook and mirrors the attempt to get Michael Stewart sacked by the BBC.

Hakim Sar
23-11-2019, 12:07 PM
Why is he called biscuits?

Is it because he once smudged a chocolate biscuit on his hearts top but nobody was any the wiser as blood, turds, chocolate and bogeys don't show on a maroon jersey?

Or is it because he sells biscuits in the back of the wheatfield at half time at Yam Plaza?

Do they sell biscuits in the Skyline bar prematch?

Do they sell chips at Yam Park?

Is Allan Preston in the running for Chief Yam at the Dalry Dumphole?

AlbertK86
23-11-2019, 12:14 PM
I reckon Preston's alright, seems passionate and genuinely making a decent effort: more than can be said for people like Rob Mclean, Derek Ferguson, Murdo Macleod and Chick Young, who actually seems to revel in his own buffoonery.

He’s an arrogant prat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marvellous
23-11-2019, 12:35 PM
He’s an arrogant prat

Doesn't seem arrogant to me. Richard Gordon is, though,

Since452
23-11-2019, 02:43 PM
At least a new manager will be watching today and thinking Hearts have plenty potential...

Pete
23-11-2019, 03:32 PM
At least a new manager will be watching today and thinking Hearts have plenty potential...

He'll be thinking 'the only way is up'

Joe6-2
23-11-2019, 03:33 PM
He'll be thinking 'the only way is up'

But! It’s not, ha ha

Pete
23-11-2019, 03:48 PM
But! It’s not, ha ha

😂

Cataplana
23-11-2019, 03:54 PM
They have to go for Poch now.

heretoday
23-11-2019, 04:05 PM

Preston loves his team all right. He's a right football man.

I'd rather listen to the likes of him or Yogi than some of the smooth operators on Sportsound - no names!

23-11-2019, 04:06 PM
I’d have to get my cock out to lose my
Job quicker than McPhee just has.

Jack Hackett
Smith's Right Boot (Happy Clapper No 2) over the road, has this to say about their candidates

"The candidates mentioned are also no guarantee of improvement. Imo none have a better record than CL as a manager."

Such a high bar :faf:

Diclonius
Well, it won't be MacPhee.

23-11-2019, 04:07 PM
Smith's Right Boot (Happy Clapper No 2) over the road, has this to say about their candidates

"The candidates mentioned are also no guarantee of improvement. Imo none have a better record than CL as a manager."

Such a high bar :faf:

A record for a hearts manager almost exclusively involves their results against Hibs to be honest. Nothing else really matters for they are a hu*****us club

Since452
23-11-2019, 05:24 PM
They need to appoint someone who can boot a few ***** or relegation could become a reality. Pleasing.

CloudSquall
23-11-2019, 05:32 PM
Currently enjoying a nice wine while enjoying the exceptional reading material over on Kickback tonight, a personal favourite so far is the references to the "Riccarton Mafia".

RyeSloan
23-11-2019, 05:46 PM
Currently enjoying a nice wine while enjoying the exceptional reading material over on Kickback tonight, a personal favourite so far is the references to the "Riccarton Mafia".

Pray tell, who or what is the Riccarton Mafia?

Gloucester Hibs
23-11-2019, 05:51 PM

The “Budge out, McPhee out, Levein out” is a personal favourite. Although the “Riccarton mafia” do get a mention too!

Fav post is somebody suggesting budge ttake a leaf out of LD’s book on how to conduct a proper managerial search and yield immediate results 😁

emerald green
23-11-2019, 06:03 PM
It doesn't get any easier for the Yams. Their next fixture is at Castle Greyskull.

CMurdoch
23-11-2019, 06:49 PM
McPhee angrily scratched off the short list at 3:15pm

Leaving:
MCall
Irvine
McCann

Can see them panicking and *****ing a massive amount of money on a 'big name'
Will be like buying a Rolls Royce to race against bangers at Cowdenbeath raceway.

Ross was the only best guy for the job and we got him.
Only duffers like those above left.

Budge should challenge Michael Stewart to take the job with Levein taking his place on the BBC couch with Thommo.
Great fun for all!

CloudSquall
23-11-2019, 06:55 PM
Pray tell, who or what is the Riccarton Mafia?

From what I can gather it's McPhee, Daly, Fox and Gallacher, the Riccarton Mafia has taken over from within according to some of our neighbours :greengrin

Jim44
23-11-2019, 07:07 PM
The “Budge out, McPhee out, Levein out” is a personal favourite. Although the “Riccarton mafia” do get a mention too!

Fav post is somebody suggesting budge ttake a leaf out of LD’s book on how to conduct a proper managerial search and yield immediate results 😁

Then again, according to another Jambo school of thought :faf:, we jumped the gun and panicked into appointing a Tom, Dick or Harry........... no, it was Jack Ross and I think we’ve got a good ‘un. :thumbsup:

RyeSloan
23-11-2019, 07:35 PM
From what I can gather it's McPhee, Daly, Fox and Gallacher, the Riccarton Mafia has taken over from within according to some of our neighbours :greengrin

How odd. But then again they are an odd bunch.

Surely Hearts have to get a manager in soon...seems to be taking them an age and unless it’s a well known name even when they do finally get around to it I can sense a lot of them will still be revolting!

Since452
23-11-2019, 08:03 PM
Kickback a hoot. It's quite funny that when folk tell Mrs Budge and Hearts to bolt they go right off them. Stendel now too inexperienced for a relegation fight apparently 😂 back to Warnock

Jim44
23-11-2019, 08:09 PM
Kickback a hoot. It's quite funny that when folk tell Mrs Budge and Hearts to bolt they go right off them. Stendel now too inexperienced for a relegation fight apparently 😂 back to Warnock

In my humble Hibby opinion, the last thing they need is an excitable headbanger like Warnock, so I hope they go for him .......... popcorn at the ready. :greengrin

The 90+2
23-11-2019, 08:10 PM
In my humble Hibby opinion, the last thing they need is an excitable headbanger like Warnock, so I hope they go for him .......... popcorn at the ready. :greengrin

First he sold them Nade and finally he relegates them before retiring :greengrin

23-11-2019, 08:42 PM
Mcphee will leave hearts whenever they need to recreate ghostbusters 2 and need a boy to play the boy in the painting

BILLYHIBS
23-11-2019, 08:47 PM
Was in the boozer after the HIBS game and a gaggle of Jambos piled in

Apparently they had been at Kilmarnock and had decided to catch the 1530 train

Laugh?

I almost bought a round

:faf:

23-11-2019, 08:50 PM
Was in the boozer after the HIBS game and a gaggle of Jambos piled in

Apparently they had been at Kilmarnock and had decided to catch the 1530 train

Laugh?

I almost bought a round

:faf:

I do not believe “gaggle” is the correct collective noun for a group of hearts supporters. I believe a “cardigan” of hearts supporters is the correct parlance

Frankhfc
23-11-2019, 08:53 PM
I do not believe “gaggle” is the correct collective noun for a group of hearts supporters. I believe a “cardigan” of hearts supporters is the correct parlance

:greengrin

BILLYHIBS
23-11-2019, 08:56 PM

Struggled for the collective noun but that sounds perfect

:thumbsup:

04Sauzee
23-11-2019, 08:57 PM

I think you are also incorrect u beleive the correct term is a register of Hearts fans

Iggy Pope
23-11-2019, 09:02 PM
I think you are also incorrect u beleive the correct term is a register of Hearts fans

Close. It’s a register of Hearts ****s.

Bostonhibby
23-11-2019, 09:29 PM
Pray tell, who or what is the Riccarton Mafia?Netball team that keep chasing them off the pitch after their hours up?

Bostonhibby
23-11-2019, 09:31 PM
I do not believe “gaggle” is the correct collective noun for a group of hearts supporters. I believe a “cardigan” of hearts supporters is the correct parlanceA corduroy of jambos does it for me[emoji6]

23-11-2019, 10:52 PM
A corduroy of jambos does it for me[emoji6]

A restraining order of hearts supporters may also be used

23-11-2019, 10:54 PM
While I’m thinking of these: a debtors list of hertz supporters might be quite appropriate

Carheenlea
23-11-2019, 11:01 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/c1QgqYgK/41-DFDC2-A-ACCD-4-FA2-924-F-F68-D96-BCE21-D.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

wookie70
23-11-2019, 11:03 PM
While I’m thinking of these: a debtors list of hertz supporters might be quite appropriate In memory of pishy breeks - A dribble of Duncans

23-11-2019, 11:18 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/c1QgqYgK/41-DFDC2-A-ACCD-4-FA2-924-F-F68-D96-BCE21-D.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Who'd have thought it? Allan Preston can use Photoshop.

23-11-2019, 11:31 PM
Am I missing something or is there no report on hertz on the bbc.

Barney McGrew
24-11-2019, 07:47 AM
Am I missing something or is there no report on hertz on the bbc.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50443021

Jim44
24-11-2019, 08:18 AM

When you see their own supporters resort to this on KB and you can hardly find any anti Hibs threads and comments, you know they are near the end of their tether. :greengrin

Since452
24-11-2019, 08:26 AM
Hearts are seriously bad. All this talk of them having a good squad is just pish. They don't even have the best Naismith in their city. Going down.

Jim44
24-11-2019, 09:38 AM
I'd rather have Austin than Ross anytime.
If we had appointed Ross there would have been loads on here complaining about being unambitious.
In any case I thought the ITK wizards had decided that Austin was going to be SD.
There isn't any of the candidates on the betting lists who I would say I had complete faith in.
Perhaps there will be someone not listed. I hope so.

What a lot of utter 💩💩💩💩💩💩
You are saying that purely because Hibs have appointed him!

What a refreshing dose of common sense from over there. :greengrin

Bostonhibby
24-11-2019, 10:08 AM
If we had appointed Ross there would have been loads on here complaining about being unambitious.
In any case I thought the ITK wizards had decided that Austin was going to be SD.
There isn't any of the candidates on the betting lists who I would say I had complete faith in.

What a lot of utter [emoji90][emoji90][emoji90][emoji90][emoji90][emoji90]

What a refreshing dose of common sense from over there. :greengrinTo be fair to this particular maroon balloon they seem to have beaten us in the battle for Austin's services, so he's got to be happy with how it's all going.

hibbyfraelibby
24-11-2019, 10:15 AM

...or an "Austin" as in Montego, not McPhee

Eyrie
24-11-2019, 10:25 AM
I thought Sportsound were condescending about MacPhee but he's looking like a bit of a tool with those comments, saying Preston told 4 lies and calling him the 'voice of hearts'. Way over the top and wide of the mark. Levein-esque.

Particularly when he follows up those remarks with a 3-0 defeat at Kilmarnock. Further ammunition for his critics like Preston.

24-11-2019, 01:04 PM
The Hearts job is looking more and more like a poisoned chalice, a potential career killer. No wonder they've got a 70 year as 2nd favourite as he won't be bothered if nobody else wants him if he fails.

They seem like they are in a mess and won't be fixed quickly or easily.

Deansy
24-11-2019, 01:39 PM
Kickback a hoot. It's quite funny that when folk tell Mrs Budge and Hearts to bolt they go right off them. Stendel now too inexperienced for a relegation fight apparently �� back to Warnock

Yeah, but the ever optimistic chappies over there also have a thread titled -

'Imagine we pumped Rangers next weekend'

They're like a puppy-dog that's had the absolute crap kicked out of it yet 5 mins later it's back humping your leg !

Since452
24-11-2019, 02:39 PM
Yeah, but the ever optimistic chappies over there also have a thread titled -

'Imagine we pumped Rangers next weekend'

They're like a dog that's had the absolute crap kicked out of it yet 5 mins later it's back humping your leg !

😂

Is It On....
24-11-2019, 07:22 PM
The Hearts job is looking more and more like a poisoned chalice, a potential career killer. No wonder they've got a 70 year as 2nd favourite as he won't be bothered if nobody else wants him if he fails.

They seem like they are in a mess and won't be fixed quickly or easily.

Neil Warnock is an anagram for Colin W#nker.

jacomo
24-11-2019, 07:26 PM

Budge talks about appointing a new manager (and everything else).

Hibs just got on with it.

CloudSquall
24-11-2019, 07:34 PM

Some noddy also said none of us were happy with Ross' appointment until the 90 minutes were up yesterday, I'd love to know what planet they operate on.

Eyrie
24-11-2019, 09:19 PM
Budge talks about appointing a new manager (and everything else).

Hibs just got on with it.

We have a football department headed up by Craig and Mathie that would constantly update a shortlist of potential candidates in case Heckingbottom was either headhunted or fired.

Hearts had Levein as both manager and director of football, so he was hardly likely to be looking for his own replacement.

The 90+2
24-11-2019, 09:42 PM
We have a football department headed up by Craig and Mathie that would constantly update a shortlist of potential candidates in case Heckingbottom was either headhunted or fired.

Hearts had Levein as both manager and director of football, so he was hardly likely to be looking for his own replacement.

He probably still is.

Hibeesmad
24-11-2019, 10:03 PM
The fact that they still haven’t appointed someone suggests they have failed with their first choices.

24-11-2019, 10:13 PM
The fact that they still haven’t appointed someone suggests they have failed with their first choices.

Derek Adams, Daniel Stendel....

Don't worry, they'll find someone, Budge and the board haven't looked under their noses yet.

Col2
25-11-2019, 07:33 AM

I also think Budge just doesn’t have a clue on football management Anne therefore is bouncing from one target to another with zero strategy.

Still wouldn’t surprise me one bit if Austin McPhee gets Head Coach role and they keep Sporting Director role open but eventually admit Levein is helping out in the interim in that area.

essexhibee
25-11-2019, 11:51 AM
Sounds like they are really trying hard to pitch to get to Stendel in.

Hardly a great sign if they are having to sell themselves so greatly to him.

Golden Bear
25-11-2019, 11:57 AM
I also think Budge just doesn’t have a clue on football management Anne therefore is bouncing from one target to another with zero strategy.

Still wouldn’t surprise me one bit if Austin McPhee gets Head Coach role and they keep Sporting Director role open but eventually admit Levein is helping out in the interim in that area.

I heard on good authority last week that Budge wants out and the minute she gets her £2million back she'll be offski.

FilipinoHibs
25-11-2019, 12:00 PM
I heard on good authority last week that Budge wants out and the minute she gets her £2million back she'll be offski.

She's agreed to a further year beyond getting her £2 million. Plus there is a further loan and probably more hidden.

25-11-2019, 12:09 PM

Wouldn't be a surprise. Once they've got fan ownership the sense of entitlement (and therefore abuse) will be ramped up ten fold so she should take her money and run, at the earliest opportunity. 90% of them will think fan ownership = fans making the decisions. Their current omnishambles will become a cluster***k.

hibbyfraelibby
25-11-2019, 12:37 PM
Derek Adams, Daniel Stendel....

Don't worry, they'll find someone, Budge and the board haven't looked under their noses yet.

...but Stubbsy didn't want to sully his reputation.

scotia44
25-11-2019, 12:42 PM

I heard he left without handing the keys to the filing cabinet back. Shortlist is in the cabinet along with his medal collection and scud books :wink:

Joe6-2
25-11-2019, 12:58 PM
I heard he left without handing the keys to the filing cabinet back. Shortlist is in the cabinet along with his medal collection and scud books :wink:

.....and emergency toilet rolls

Cataplana
25-11-2019, 01:42 PM
Wouldn't be a surprise. Once they've got fan ownership the sense of entitlement (and therefore abuse) will be ramped up ten fold so she should take her money and run, at the earliest opportunity. 90% of them will think fan ownership = fans making the decisions. Their current omnishambles will become a cluster***k.

Pleasing.

Onceinawhile
25-11-2019, 01:45 PM
Seems mental to me that they've not got anyone else in yet.

Long may it continue.

Oscar T Grouch
25-11-2019, 01:53 PM
25 days and counting. They have two positions to fill and they haven't even got the first one yet. If this continues whomever they employ will have a job getting a dejected squad back up to speed. They could be in a real relegation fight this season, given the other team around them are experienced at fighting relegation each season. It's a shame cos we'll miss out on a 4th derby :greengrin

Billy Whizz
25-11-2019, 01:58 PM
25 days and counting. They have two positions to fill and they haven't even got the first one yet. If this continues whomever they employ will have a job getting a dejected squad back up to speed. They could be in a real relegation fight this season, given the other team around them are experienced at fighting relegation each season. It's a shame cos we'll miss out on a 4th derby :greengrin

It would be at Tynie, so they’ll take the Financial hit

mowgli
25-11-2019, 03:48 PM
Seems mental to me that they've not got anyone else in yet.

Long may it continue.

Ann Budge said 4 to 6 weeks at the very first press conference after Leven was sacked so it's not like it wasn't expected.

The 90+2
25-11-2019, 04:02 PM
Ann Budge said 4 to 6 weeks at the very first press conference after Leven was sacked so it's not like it wasn't expected.

It’s very expected she stuck her eggs in the basket of McPhee winning a few games and being offered the role. Now that’s went to ***** they won’t have a clue who to appoint, just like the last time.

Onceinawhile
25-11-2019, 04:05 PM

How long ago was the press conference?

It seems to me like a long time, especially given how quickly situations can change in football.

Jack Hackett
25-11-2019, 04:50 PM
How long ago was the press conference?

It seems to me like a long time, especially given how quickly situations can change in football.

It's not like there's a shortage of unemployed managers out there. I wonder how many of these have had a desperate phone call, but suddenly... "there's somebody at the door. Let me think about it and I'll call you back" :greengrin

https://www.thesackrace.com/managerial-casualties

Eyrie
25-11-2019, 07:40 PM

Dempster said it could be the end of November before we made our appointment, and Ross was appointed well before that.

theonlywayisup
25-11-2019, 08:49 PM
Don't know if this is old news, but Alan Irvine is "the type of profile" that would suit managerless Hearts, says former Tynecastle captain Steven Pressley.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50553240

Smartie
25-11-2019, 08:53 PM
Don't know if this is old news, but Alan Irvine is "the type of profile" that would suit managerless Hearts, says former Tynecastle captain Steven Pressley.

Strange one, because as far as I can see he’s neither a chronic medal dodger, Lithuanian nor a sex offender.

25-11-2019, 10:35 PM

Perhaps Pressley hoping to be no. 2 with Irvine the no. 1.

HIBERNIAN-0762
25-11-2019, 10:46 PM
Surprised they haven't looked at big nose, what's he doing now?

Frankhfc
25-11-2019, 10:53 PM
It’s very expected she stuck her eggs in the basket of McPhee winning a few games and being offered the role. Now that’s went to ***** they won’t have a clue who to appoint, just like the last time.

Exactly what they were hoping for. They were banking on McPhee with Levein able to keep an eye on him in the background saving them a wad of cash on both pay offs of backroom staff and pay ins as per new manager and whoever he's want to bring in. Who knows if Budge might yet hope McPhee could win over the Hearts fans with a result at Ibrox by giving him one last shot at it albeit extremely unlikely.

Deansy
25-11-2019, 11:12 PM
It's not like there's a shortage of unemployed managers out there. I wonder how many of these have had a desperate phone call, but suddenly... "there's somebody at the door. Let me think about it and I'll call you back" :greengrin

https://www.thesackrace.com/managerial-casualties

Mebbes but how many unemployed managers are there that eat, sleep and breathe on 'Hating Hibs' -Levein's template will be the reason the position is still vacant !. Maybe if Steven Craigan or Andy Walker were managers instead of slavering xxxx's on the box .......................

Since452
26-11-2019, 05:40 AM
This Stendel bloke sounds like Hecky MK2. Nobody had heard of him before he appeared on the shortlist, got Barnsley promoted from League one, struggled in the Championship (Stendel more so), sacked very quickly by his last two teams, new to Scottish football. Also been ignored by a raft of clubs after his sacking. Daniel Heckingbottom?

Also worth remembering that Barnsley are a support with far lower expectations than Hibs or Hearts. Barnsley fans apparently disappointed he was sacked after 10 games without a win and joined him on a piss-up. Imagine Levein doing that in a Gorgie boozer last weekend... if he went there i think he'd be eaten alive on and off the park.

Diclonius
26-11-2019, 06:22 AM
Surprised they haven't looked at big nose, what's he doing now?

Can you imagine what he would be like? He'd somehow still manage to be so unprofessional that he'd do that stupid 90s high school film "L" thing against us, even as manager.

Jim44
26-11-2019, 11:26 AM
Mebbes but how many unemployed managers are there that eat, sleep and breathe on 'Hating Hibs' -Levein's template will be the reason the position is still vacant !. Maybe if Steven Craigan or Andy Walker were managers instead of slavering xxxx's on the box .......................

You can rest assured that Levein will still be pulling the strings in the background. Shortly after he was ‘sacked’ he was seen at a Hearts youth game, shouting at the players and coaches as if still in charge.

CloudSquall
26-11-2019, 11:31 AM
At this stage they'll probably rehire Levein.

McSwanky
26-11-2019, 11:35 AM
Strange one, because as far as I can see he’s neither a chronic medal dodger, Lithuanian nor a sex offender.

:thumbsup::top marks

Hibs4185
26-11-2019, 12:01 PM
My cousin just texted to say that Stendel has signed. Don’t know if it’s true but cue all the Ross is *****, Stendel is the messiah big team nonsense

The 90+2
26-11-2019, 12:05 PM
My cousin just texted to say that Stendel has signed. Don’t know if it’s true but cue all the Ross is *****, Stendel is the messiah big team nonsense

He will take them down. Berra and big Ouche to show the energy needed for high press football? 😂😂

jacomo
26-11-2019, 12:35 PM

I wonder how much money this will cost them?

Not to worry though. FoH and mystery benefactors have got it covered.

Stuart93
26-11-2019, 12:40 PM
I wonder how much money this will cost them?

Not to worry though. FoH and mystery benefactors have got it covered.

Sure I read something about a mystery benefactor willing to pay £1m in wages for the year for the new boss. Could’ve been a load of pish mind you

Stuart93
26-11-2019, 12:41 PM
He will take them down. Berra and big Ouche to show the energy needed for high press football? 😂😂

Aye like you say I’m not too worried just now due to the players he’ll have at his disposal but he could prove to be very handy in the transfer market and sign players to suit his style.

Since452
26-11-2019, 12:45 PM

Stendel they guy we didn't even deem worthy of an interview when they wanted Ross?

Hibby Kay-Yay
26-11-2019, 12:54 PM
Sure I read something about a mystery benefactor willing to pay £1m in wages for the year for the new boss. Could’ve been a load of pish mind you

19k per week is quite a salary, plus there needs to be something for back room staff leavers and joiners.

If the money is legit with Hearts this time round, it’s to be admired that they can get access to such funds and equally manage to waste it just as quickly.

Stuart93
26-11-2019, 12:58 PM
19k per week is quite a salary, plus there needs to be something for back room staff leavers and joiners.

If the money is legit with Hearts this time round, it’s to be admired that they can get access to such funds and equally manage to waste it just as quickly.

As I said can’t remember if I read that on here or elsewhere or if it’s true or not or if it was up to £1m.

**** them regardless

Heisenberg
26-11-2019, 01:06 PM
As I said can’t remember if I read that on here or elsewhere or if it’s true or not or if it was up to £1m.

**** them regardless

It was Michael Stewart saying that I’m sure.

26-11-2019, 10:53 PM
Is this Stendel guy actually going to take the Hearts job or is he just stringing them along until another club offers him a job?

Jim44
26-11-2019, 11:02 PM
Is this Stendel guy actually going to take the Hearts job or is he just stringing them along until another club offers him a job?

I think they feel it’s a done deal as do the bookies. I can only think the delay is on his part. In the unlikely event of him not taking the job, I think McColl is waiting in the wings. Mind you, if that happens, they’ll be telling us that McColl was the first choice all along.

Hibbyradge
26-11-2019, 11:15 PM
They'll be waiting to get the Rangers defeat out of the way.

RyeSloan
26-11-2019, 11:20 PM

Easy enough to hire him tho and have a start date after the weekend...or for him to have a ‘watching from the stands’ role.

If I was them I’d have his signature on the dotted line BEFORE they get royally pumped as he might watch that shower of crap and rapidly come to his senses and leave Budge high n dry come Monday’s signing ceremony!

hfc rd
26-11-2019, 11:24 PM
I presume if it is Stendel, then Mcphee is offski to join Michael O’Neill at Stoke?

Aim Here
26-11-2019, 11:26 PM
I presume if it is Stendel, then Mcphee is offski to join Michael O’Neill at Stoke?

Depends. If they want to keep McPhee around they can always offer him the Director of Football post.

The 90+2
27-11-2019, 08:39 AM

Nah, O’Neil took his original NI assistant Billy McKinley to Stoke with him, Mcphee stepped up when McKinley left I think.

I still think it will be Warnock till the end of the season with McCall taking over from there or even McCall manager with Warnock having some job.

Mikey
27-11-2019, 09:49 AM
We've played 3 won 3 since binning our manager. How has it worked out for them?

Jim44
27-11-2019, 11:15 AM
Their heads are getting scrambled with the time it’s taking to make a decision. This is exacerbated by an article in the Evening News where Paulo Sergio urges Queen Ann to hurry and make a decision as he is worried about the club he loves. He says that if another club wants him they would have to speak to his present club. He says that he didn’t apply for the job because he didn’t like what happened last time when Cathro got the job. Despite pledging loyalty to his present club, he says “If one day Hearts want me back, they know where I am.” Plenty of spaces in between the lines to get the Jambo muppets oohing and aahing about his time with them. :brokenyam::violin:

theonlywayisup
27-11-2019, 11:38 AM

They've got a pretty demanding December. They've got:

1st Rangers (A)
4th Livingston (H)
7th Motherwell (A)
14th St Johnstone (H)
18th Celtic (A)
21st Hamilton (A)
26th Hibees (H)
29th Aberdeen (H)

Eight games in the month - could be good news if you're playing well and winning.
Could also be bad news for them, if the pressure gets to them.:partyhibbAfterall, they've only obtained 11 points from 13 games.

Since452
27-11-2019, 11:40 AM

1st Rangers (A)
4th Livingston (H)
7th Motherwell (A)
14th St Johnstone (H)
18th Celtic (A)
21st Hamilton (A)
26th Hibees (H)
29th Aberdeen (H)

Eight games in the month - could be good news if you're playing well and winning.
Could also be bad news for them, if the pressure gets to them.:partyhibbAfterall, they've only obtained 11 points from 13 games.

**** me. 8 losses

Since452
27-11-2019, 11:42 AM
Their heads are getting scrambled with the time it’s taking to make a decision. This is exacerbated by an article in the Evening News where Paulo Sergio urges Queen Ann to hurry and make a decision as he is worried about the club he loves. He says that if another club wants him they would have to speak to his present club. He says that he didn’t apply for the job because he didn’t like what happened last time when Cathro got the job. Despite pledging loyalty to his present club, he says “If one day Hearts want me back, they know where I am.” Plenty of spaces in between the lines to get the Jambo muppets oohing and aahing about his time with them. :brokenyam::violin:

They were pretty rubbish under him in the league. All their Christmases came at once getting our merry band of loanee journeymen in the final

HIBERNIAN-0762
27-11-2019, 11:59 AM
Some of the posts on kackback are truly hilarious :hilarious also their predictions for us for the rest of the season, utter comedy gold as per :not worth

Baader
27-11-2019, 12:23 PM

1st Rangers (A)
4th Livingston (H)
7th Motherwell (A)
14th St Johnstone (H)
18th Celtic (A)
21st Hamilton (A)
26th Hibees (H)
29th Aberdeen (H)

Excellent. Hopefully they take no points. There really isn't a more delusional set of fans in all of football than that bunch. Tinpot joke of a club.

Not In The Know
27-11-2019, 12:40 PM
Excellent. Hopefully they take no points. There really isn't a more delusional set of fans in all of football than that bunch. Tinpot joke of a club.

You are correct. basically them and The The Rangers are both running at million pound losses a couple of years after being ( or nearly being ) wiped from the face of the planet.

All just to appease their revolting fans and keep up with the well ran neighbours.

we are hibs
27-11-2019, 12:42 PM
McBookie have suspended betting on next Hearts manager. Looks like an announcement is imminent

jacomo
27-11-2019, 01:05 PM
McBookie have suspended betting on next Hearts manager. Looks like an announcement is imminent

Craig Levein?

Willis1875
27-11-2019, 01:09 PM

Hertha Berlin have just appointed Klinsmann, wonder if that's one of the clubs Stendel was holding out for before taking the scarf twirlers gig

Deansy
27-11-2019, 01:20 PM

Not too much of a shock AND it's no different to the way they were run under Mercer, Robinson & Vlad - playing football outwith their own means !. Wonder how long the governing authorities will accept one of the country's biggest clubs operating with money from 'un-known origins' and no traceable background ??

G B Young
27-11-2019, 01:23 PM

Probably true. Give MacPhee that game to further erode the stats he keeps bringing up about how many games he's won as a caretaker manager. Presumably they have a less challenging home game next week that will offer the new guy a chance to get off to a winning start.

Since452
27-11-2019, 01:26 PM
Hertha Berlin have just appointed Klinsmann, wonder if that's one of the clubs Stendel was holding out for before taking the scarf twirlers gig

Hertha Berlin.. In Stendels dreams. Emptied by Barnsley after a year

Willis1875
27-11-2019, 01:28 PM
Hertha Berlin.. In Stendels dreams. Emptied by Barnsley after a year

Schalke appointed David Wagner after Huddersfield emptied him

Zazu62
27-11-2019, 02:08 PM
Stendel to be announced shortly

Jim44
27-11-2019, 02:14 PM

........ something like Stdl? :greengrin

Gordy M
27-11-2019, 02:21 PM

The guy Ewan Murray saying its not done yet. Bookies still taking bets, if you know this you could make a few bob:aok:

lord bunberry
27-11-2019, 02:28 PM
My Jambo mate says the sticking point is his backroom team. Hearts want him to keep their coaches and he wants his own team in with him.

Jim44
27-11-2019, 02:31 PM
The guy Ewan Murray saying its not done yet. Bookies still taking bets, if you know this you could make a few bob:aok:

They’ll not be taking much, if any, money offering odds of 1/8. So it’s probably worth keeping the book open to pick up a few quid on bets on the other possibilities.

Keith_M
27-11-2019, 02:39 PM
Have they asked the guy how he feels about Hearts' glorious war record?

If he does take the role, it's only a matter of time before he comes out with the famous phrase, "How these people won ze war I shall never know"

CMurdoch
27-11-2019, 02:47 PM
Have they asked the guy how he feel about Hearts' glorious war record?

If he does take the role, it's only a matter of time before he comes out with the famous phrase, "How these people won ze war I shall never know"

:greengrin:greengrin that is actually very funny
Tynecastles Faulty Towers: Don't mention the war Ann

CloudSquall
27-11-2019, 02:50 PM
My Jambo mate says the sticking point is his backroom team. Hearts want him to keep their coaches and he wants his own team in with him.

The Riccarton Mafia isn't budging :greengrin

The 90+2
27-11-2019, 03:08 PM
........ something like Stdl? :greengrin

Since452
27-11-2019, 03:14 PM

What a shambles. Couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery that lot

Gordy M
27-11-2019, 03:15 PM
They’ll not be taking much, if any, money offering odds of 1/8. So it’s probably worth keeping the book open to pick up a few quid on bets on the other possibilities.

Skybet are 1/5, thats 20% profit on a done deal(if its done that is).

G B Young
27-11-2019, 03:37 PM
Reading about the candidates apparently still in the running I can't say there's anyone there who, if it was the Hibs job up for grabs, would make me think 'yep he sounds like the man we need':

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50577889

Bostonhibby
27-11-2019, 04:11 PM
My Jambo mate says the sticking point is his backroom team. Hearts want him to keep their coaches and he wants his own team in with him.Keep them all, they've got all that money the givers keep giving.

1van Sprou7e
27-11-2019, 04:15 PM
Reading about the candidates apparently still in the running I can't say there's anyone there who, if it was the Hibs job up for grabs, would make me think 'yep he sounds like the man we need':

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50577889

Stendel seems like a good manager but the consensus even from hearts fans is that he doesn't really have much desire to work in Scotland therefore won't be hanging around long even if he does a good job

Thank the ****ing lord we're not in such a poor position that the only decent candidate is going to be viewed as a short term option!

hibbyfraelibby
27-11-2019, 04:16 PM
JKB poster just claimed the hold up was that Barnsley still own Stendel's "image rights"...

Since452
27-11-2019, 04:26 PM
Haa anyone explained to Hearts fans that being German doesn't make you Klopp? Stendel is the German Robbie Neilson

worcesterhibby
27-11-2019, 04:30 PM
I’m still holding out hope that they are going to appoint Liz Truss as manager as part of an obscure scientific experiment to see if it’s physically possible for me to dislike her more.

WoreTheGreen
27-11-2019, 04:46 PM
:greengrin:greengrin that is actually very funny
Tynecastles Faulty Towers: Don't mention the war Ann

“You started it you invaded Polworth

Hibeesmad
27-11-2019, 04:49 PM
Stendel holding out for the Sunderland job I reckon. Bigger club.

Jim44
27-11-2019, 04:56 PM

Is Parkinson’s jacket really on a shoogly peg already?

The 90+2
27-11-2019, 04:57 PM

He wouldn’t be fighting relegation taking that job either.

Since452
27-11-2019, 05:29 PM
I'd love to see the tears and snotters if this Stendel bloke turns job down

27-11-2019, 05:31 PM

:hilarious

ekhibee
27-11-2019, 05:36 PM
I actually thought they might've gone for that guy that applied for the Hibs job before Hecklebottom got it. Was it Appleton or something? I heard he walked out negotiations cos Hibs wouldn't pay him an excessive amount of compensation or something like that. He'd get on fine with Hearts IMO.

jacomo
27-11-2019, 05:49 PM

‘In all the excitement about the piss up and ordering myself a new outfit, I forgot to order the beer.’

grunt
27-11-2019, 06:25 PM
Budge, Levein and MacPhee were all in Manchester last night.
I assumed they were there to see the Champoins League match, but perhaps they had been interviewing someone?

overdrive
27-11-2019, 06:32 PM

We do the same. They get to bring an assistant and that’s it.

Hibs4185
27-11-2019, 06:35 PM
By the sounds of it Stendel is the 2nd or 3rd choice and it’s taking them a lot of time and a lot of money to convince him to become their manager. I wouldn’t be keen on someone who obviously didn’t fancy the job at all.

Tobias Funke
27-11-2019, 06:35 PM

:top marks

jacomo
27-11-2019, 06:57 PM
I assumed they were there to see the Champoins League match, but perhaps they had been interviewing someone?

I very much doubt MacPhee is interviewing candidates for a job he wants.

Sudds_1
27-11-2019, 06:58 PM

😁😁😁

ancient hibee
27-11-2019, 07:02 PM
I read that Sterling had dropped in value.Perhaps they were weighing him up.

Billy Whizz
27-11-2019, 07:12 PM

Levein involved in the recruitment process?

grunt
27-11-2019, 07:14 PM
I very much doubt MacPhee is interviewing candidates for a job he wants.

Levein involved in the recruitment process?
Good points, both. Just there for the footie then. But it seems that Craig, although no longer manager, still enjoys the company of Ms Budge and MacPhee on outings.

matty_f
27-11-2019, 07:20 PM
Good points, both. Just there for the footie then. But it seems that Craig, although no longer manager, still enjoys the company of Ms Budge and MacPhee on outings.

You can only imagine the laughs with that group.

SMAXXA
27-11-2019, 07:36 PM
I'd love to see the tears and snotters if this Stendel bloke turns job down

That would make my season 😂

jacomo
27-11-2019, 07:39 PM

No doubt Man City invited Budge and her crack team to give them advice on how to run a football club.

Billy Whizz
27-11-2019, 07:47 PM
No doubt Man City invited Budge and her crack team to give them advice on how to run a football club.

Are Hearts not City’s feeder club, send them all their best youngsters

Keith_M
27-11-2019, 07:49 PM

Maybe they're planning on extending their stadium and need advice from the experts.

Dashing Bob S
27-11-2019, 08:07 PM
Think we'll improve under Ross. Can't see Hearts finishing anywhere near us. Whoever they get in. And it won't be anybody as good as Ross.

Bostonhibby
27-11-2019, 08:07 PM
You can only imagine the laughs with that group.Levein sending wee jokes and football "advice" to the good doctor on post it notes via McPhee. No words are ever spoken between the 3 disconnected people.

Aldo
27-11-2019, 08:13 PM
By the sounds of it Stendel is the 2nd or 3rd choice and it’s taking them a lot of time and a lot of money to convince him to become their manager. I wouldn’t be keen on someone who obviously didn’t fancy the job at all.

He is. Derek Adams was their first choice!

TrinityHibs
27-11-2019, 08:18 PM

I really don’t want to think who her crack team might be.

Col2
27-11-2019, 08:58 PM
The chat seems to be that he is close to becoming the new head coach but sticking point is he wants to bring his backroom team but Budge wants Daly and co to stay in place.

Hibeesmad
27-11-2019, 09:02 PM
The chat seems to be that he is close to becoming the new head coach but sticking point is he wants to bring his backroom team but Budge wants Daly and co to stay in place.

Because they be on peanuts compared to what Stendel’s men want probably, Budgie couldn’t hire a car.

Frankhfc
27-11-2019, 09:34 PM

The Levein clique. No decent manager worth their salt would stand for that.

Hibby Kay-Yay
27-11-2019, 09:47 PM
Because they be on peanuts compared to what Stendel’s men want probably, Budgie couldn’t hire a car.

But they have generous donors don’t they, money no problem down Gorgie Rd.

tamig
27-11-2019, 10:00 PM
The Levein clique. No decent manager worth their salt would stand for that.

To be fair, how’s that much different to our set-up?

Frankhfc
27-11-2019, 10:16 PM

Did Jack haggle/argue over bringing in his backroom team? Wasn't an issue was it?

mjhibby
28-11-2019, 12:51 AM
Who exactly is advising queen budge. There doesn't seem to be any strategy and potter was demoted just to calm the Jambo masses. No point in sacking him if you haven't got a clue who to replace him with. They might get lucky with stendel and he might suit the Scottish game but his record is worse than hecky so the odds are on a reasonable appointment but will see them middle table again.
Most of them on kickback admitting that they wish they had got Ross,issue before he left excepted. Stephen Naismith had a wee sly dig last night on sportscene last night ( unlike him isn't it lol )saying better to take your time and they can't be swayed by us disappearing up the table. No doubt that she is feeling the pressure and the Georgie faithful now openly say she's not got a clue how to sort the huge issue with their very poor squad. I know just ask the director of football. Oops she sacked him.
Leveins dual role was always going to end in tears and the foh can see levein has totally wasted the money they have raised. I'm sure budge can't be bothered with the hassle coming her way and will want out whereby they will be totally shafted. All going splendidly .................NOT.

hibbyfraelibby
28-11-2019, 06:29 AM

Major difference is we hire a Head Coach and an Assistant to fit in to our coaching team whereas they are wanting to hire a manager and managers tend to bring their own coaching team.

Since452
28-11-2019, 07:03 AM
This Stendel bloke doesn't apper to have the bottle for a fight. Sacked without a win in ten. I really hope they appoint him rather than a motivator type

28-11-2019, 11:33 AM
In the words of Papa Lazarou "It's just a saga now!"

Think the deal will go through for Stendel but the longer it goes on and if it then falls through, the bigger the seethe will be.

Cataplana
28-11-2019, 01:28 PM
Medals knows the score.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/gary-mackay-hearts-suffering-giving-craig-levein-too-much-power-and-not-removing-him-building-1324538

Jim44
28-11-2019, 03:35 PM
At the risk of repeating myself, I’ve already posted ( probably another thread but maybe this one) that days after being sacked, Levein was at a Jambo youth match, seeming to be in charge, telling the players what to do and giving instructions to the coaches. You can try to take Hearts out of the man, but you can’t take the man out of the Hearts. I’m sure he’ll still be there pulling the strings. If I were a new guy going there, I would be very suspicious and wary of their setup.

The 90+2
28-11-2019, 03:43 PM
At the risk of repeating myself, I’ve already posted ( probably another thread but maybe this one) that days after being sacked, Levein was at a Jambo youth match, seeming to be in charge, telling the players what to do and giving instructions to the coaches. You can try to take Hearts out of the man, but you can’t take the man out of the Hearts. I’m sure he’ll still be there pulling the strings. If I were a new guy going there, I would be very suspicious and wary of their setup.

The German looks a bit of a yes man of you look at his time at Barnsley so he will probably do as he’s told by Levein.

Bostonhibby
28-11-2019, 03:45 PM
In the words of Papa Lazarou "It's just a saga now!"

Think the deal will go through for Stendel but the longer it goes on and if it then falls through, the bigger the seethe will be.To be honest I'm thinking this guy is much less Papa Lazarou and much more Herr Lipp.

28-11-2019, 04:54 PM
To be honest I'm thinking this guy is much less Papa Lazarou and much more Herr Lipp.

If Stendel gets the job I wouldn't be surprised to see some of them sieg heiling their way down Gorgie Road on Boxing Day.

Cataplana
28-11-2019, 06:10 PM
To be honest I'm thinking this guy is much less Papa Lazarou and much more Herr Lipp.

More Schultz than Colonel Klink?

Bostonhibby
28-11-2019, 06:12 PM
More Schultz than Colonel Klink?[emoji23]

Or Herr Flick?

Cataplana
28-11-2019, 06:13 PM
[emoji23]

Or Herr Flick?

I thought Herr Lipp was actually a character in 'Allo 'Allo. I never actually watched it.

I see him a bit like Freddy Starr's impression of Hitler.

Hibees1973
28-11-2019, 06:46 PM
Hearts still not got their ‘Geeeeerman’ yet, in the words of Stan Boardman.

The time this is taking for Hearts to recruit their Hun seems they are now begging for him to come. Losing a bit of their credibility, sorry, forgot they lost this years ago when pulled through administration, wrote off £50m and couldn’t pay the poppy factory or local children’s nurseries.

I may be wrong but was the last ‘Geeeeeerman’ manager at a high level in Scottish Football not Berti Vogts.

Jesus, that went well.

Jack Hackett
28-11-2019, 06:46 PM
Medals knows the score.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/gary-mackay-hearts-suffering-giving-craig-levein-too-much-power-and-not-removing-him-building-1324538

That wee puff piece just about sums up everything that makes them obnoxious to me. Their belief in their 'specialness' is boak inducing.

"There are clubs that have a special history. There are totally one-off football clubs, and Heart of Midlothian is one of those clubs."

How's that then Gary?

Aldo
28-11-2019, 06:47 PM

More than happy for Potter to keep sticking his neb in.

Marvellous
28-11-2019, 06:51 PM
That wee puff piece just about sums up everything that makes them obnoxious to me. Their belief in their 'specialness' is boak inducing.

"There are clubs that have a special history. There are totally one-off football clubs, and Heart of Midlothian is one of those clubs."

How's that then Gary?

Maybe he means that they're supported by bigots and bigot apologists. They are genuinely pretty unique only in that way as far as I can tell.

Iggy Pope
28-11-2019, 06:58 PM

How's that then Gary?

Gary MacKay. Never knew much about football and a car crash of a man. Amazed he survives the fumes that surround him. Prick.

Since452
28-11-2019, 07:01 PM

How's that then Gary?

A guy on Twitter was debating whether Stendel was big enough to manage Heart of Midlothian. They wonder why everyone takes delight in their continuous failures. Delusions of grandeur is an understatement with that lot

Baader
28-11-2019, 07:05 PM
Insightful stuff from Medals. I'm biased in that I can't stand that club but he's right that they are unique.

There isn't a more tinpot, self-important, superiority complex, delusional club in all of football.

erin go bragh
28-11-2019, 07:07 PM
Stuart McCall has his 2nd interview today 🤔😃Stendel must have done his research and found out ,there is only one team in Edinburgh that plays fast free flowing attractive football.

Bostonhibby
28-11-2019, 07:14 PM

How's that then Gary?No other club in the world has ever stiffed the Lady Haig poppy fund out of money?

Special stigma to be carrying around that's for sure.

Source? Their very own creditors list.