PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen Training Centre - Cormack Park

Unseen work
31-10-2019, 03:14 PM
Aberdeen have unveiled and opened Cormack Park today which will be their new training facility which looks very impressive to say the least, costing 12 million.

I got the below from an article online

“It features a training pavilion, groundsman's accommodation, three training pitches, two floodlit 3G surfaces and two grass parks, as well as outdoor and indoor space for community-based sporting and recreational activities.“

How big a boost will this be for them? One of the only reasons folk seemed to chose us over Aberdeen was because of East Mains and Edinburgh.

With Aberdeen now having this, moving to a new stadium soon and also being able to spend more on players, how are we going to compete?

007 Mickey Weir
31-10-2019, 03:17 PM
Is it not Council owned?

Unseen work
31-10-2019, 03:23 PM
Is it not Council owned?

Not as far as I’m aware, the boy Cormack has bankrolled it I think.

Billy Whizz
31-10-2019, 03:29 PM
Furryboots in Aberdeen is it

marinello59
31-10-2019, 03:39 PM
Furryboots in Aberdeen is it

Out near Westhill so the car park for the stadium will actually be outside the City.

Johnforr
31-10-2019, 05:18 PM
Aberdeen is a s***hole . I know cos I live there.

percy veer
31-10-2019, 05:22 PM
Aberdeen have unveiled and opened Cormack Park today which will be their new training facility which looks very impressive to say the least, costing 12 million.

I got the below from an article online

“It features a training pavilion, groundsman's accommodation, three training pitches, two floodlit 3G surfaces and two grass parks, as well as outdoor and indoor space for community-based sporting and recreational activities.“

How big a boost will this be for them? One of the only reasons folk seemed to chose us over Aberdeen was because of East Mains and Edinburgh.

With Aberdeen now having this, moving to a new stadium soon and also being able to spend more on players, how are we going to compete?

who choose us instead of Aberdeen?

marinello59
31-10-2019, 05:25 PM

Seconded.:greengrin

hibsboy07
31-10-2019, 05:36 PM
Seconded.:greengrin

If your not happy lads to back to where you came from 😎😎😎

ABZHFC
31-10-2019, 05:39 PM
Sir Alex up to open it, he must be baffled as to why it's been named after the boy who funded it and not him

Keith_M
31-10-2019, 05:41 PM
Sounds like an awful lot of money for a training facility.

emerald green
31-10-2019, 05:48 PM
McIness was quoted as saying this new training centre will enable Aberdeen to move up to a higher level. A bit like Hibs then... :rolleyes:

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-10-2019, 06:22 PM
I am sure that our potential signings in January will be hugely impressed.

Since452
31-10-2019, 08:19 PM
I remember Collins and Rod spouting the same when East Mains opened. Didn't stop us being relegated etc. Nice to have a training facility but needs the right people in it.

Stokesy's on fire
31-10-2019, 08:31 PM
Looks no different or any better than what we have. I pass it a lot and it looks smaller than east mains

Stokesy's on fire
31-10-2019, 08:32 PM
McIness was quoted as saying this new training centre will enable Aberdeen to move up to a higher level. A bit like Hibs then... :rolleyes:

They probably have more ambition than us. They want to compete our owners want to spend the rest of our future building for the future.

stokesmessiah
31-10-2019, 08:45 PM

I second that.

hibee-boys
31-10-2019, 09:41 PM
Hope the sheep are not getting their hopes up, other than Porteous I can't think of another youngster our state of the art training centre has produced that's likely to produce a return on the investment.

Viva_Palmeiras
31-10-2019, 10:30 PM
For those stating Aberdeen is a 5hit@£&& I can only say you’ve never been to Stevenage.

Lived in Aberdeen for a year good friends still up there. Grey granite exacerbated in the rain and Baltic but a 5hit@£&& ? Marischal College stunning as is Balmeadie beach. Union street was a bit grim from recollection. Fit like min - hoos yer doos ;)

With regards to the training ground.

Rent or buy - think it’s about access versus cost of upkeep.

But having a dedicated facility will be increasingly important
Players will be expected in future more so to be athletes at a minimum or they will not be professional football players. A dedicated facility will be key it will initially give some competitive advantage but may level out if everyone is “in the game” .

I do think that early movers will have an advantage over others coming in “later to the game”.

From the visit to HTC we now know that our kids (Porto and Murray are the first emerging through iirc) We are getting fitter, faster, bigger (in some key positions where size matters, stronger. that’s giving us part of the jigsaw puzzle.

IMO This has all taken time to make mistakes, learn and adapt/improve. Others after us will have to embark on a similar journey - no short cuts.

Brightside
31-10-2019, 11:20 PM
I was there tonight. Still no inside Astro. I assume Aberdeen will use the regional Dundee centre with the small roof. It’s no better than what we have at HTC just newer.

Unseen work
31-10-2019, 11:55 PM
I’m not saying there training centre is miles better than us, I’m just saying the attraction of it has now been cancelled out a bit as Aberdeen have one too.

Aberdeen have actually brought through quite a few more young players than us recently too. Basing it on after our golden generation:

We have Stevenson, Hanlon and Porteous that have played regularly, Oli Shaw has also made a decent number of appearances.

Aberdeen have had Considine, Fyvie, Grimmer, Ryan Jack, Connor McLennan, Scott McKenna, Ryan Fraser, Peter Pawlett, Scott Wright. Dean Campbell has also started a lot for them this season and is 18.

Appreciate Fyvie and Grimmer never played too many games but it was more to do with their potential that saw them get snapped up early.

They’ve also a fair few that have been released and went onto do well - Joe Shaunessy and Scott Bain

Who have we produced in the same time that’s played at least the same level or better - David Wotherspoon, Scott Martin.

I’m sure folk will mention guys like Harris, Stanton, Forster etc but to me Aberdeen’s have been of better quality lately and stood up to the challenge of professional football better.

For me we really need to improve this aspect, Aberdeen seem to give them a chance very early in there career, is this something we should do? Give them a view of it to see what they need to improve in etc

If you look at potential teams you would have

.............Bain..........
Grimmer McKenna Considine Harvie (Now at Ayr)

Fyvie Jack

McLennan Wright Fraser

Pawlett

Vs

Dabrowski

Forster Porteous Hanlon Stevenson

Martin. Stanton

Wotherspoon Murray Harris

Shaw

Antifa Hibs
01-11-2019, 08:07 AM
I’m not saying there training centre is miles better than us, I’m just saying the attraction of it has now been cancelled out a bit as Aberdeen have one too.

Aberdeen have actually brought through quite a few more young players than us recently too. Basing it on after our golden generation:

We have Stevenson, Hanlon and Porteous that have played regularly, Oli Shaw has also made a decent number of appearances.

Aberdeen have had Considine, Fyvie, Grimmer, Ryan Jack, Connor McLennan, Scott McKenna, Ryan Fraser, Peter Pawlett, Scott Wright. Dean Campbell has also started a lot for them this season and is 18.

Appreciate Fyvie and Grimmer never played too many games but it was more to do with their potential that saw them get snapped up early.

They’ve also a fair few that have been released and went onto do well - Joe Shaunessy and Scott Bain

Who have we produced in the same time that’s played at least the same level or better - David Wotherspoon, Scott Martin.

I’m sure folk will mention guys like Harris, Stanton, Forster etc but to me Aberdeen’s have been of better quality lately and stood up to the challenge of professional football better.

For me we really need to improve this aspect, Aberdeen seem to give them a chance very early in there career, is this something we should do? Give them a view of it to see what they need to improve in etc

If you look at potential teams you would have

.............Bain..........
Grimmer McKenna Considine Harvie (Now at Ayr)

Fyvie Jack

McLennan Wright Fraser

Pawlett

Vs

Dabrowski

Forster Porteous Hanlon Stevenson

Martin. Stanton

Wotherspoon Murray Harris

Shaw

Money talks. We might have a training ground. Edinburgh might be a world-class international city. We might be nearer to England than Aberdeen for players down south. We might be nearer Glasgow for players from the West. But 99.9% of the time a player will choose the club who is paying the most ££££.

Funny that with our training academy and fully complete stadium finished well before others we could soon be left behind a bit after Hertz and Aberdeen have caught up (well will catch up if/when the new Dons stadium is complete - start of season 23/24 apparently)