PDA

View Full Version : On to Saturday..

calumhibee1
31-10-2019, 08:36 AM
Bring them on.

Days out at Hampden are one of the best parts of being a Hibs fan (at least until the game comes round :greengrin)

Hibs to win on pens.

Keith_M
31-10-2019, 08:40 AM
Bring them on.

Days out at Hampden are one of the best parts of being a Hibs fan (at least until the game comes round :greengrin)

Hibs to win on pens.

Highly unlikely we'll win it any other way, Calumn.

Although, nobody seems to be able to beat the mighty Hibees!

😉

:singing:
We are unbeatable...

we are hibs
31-10-2019, 08:59 AM
Considering we are how we are and that celtic have won the last 9 trophies available in scotland and generally up their game in cup competitions i think it would be one of the biggest shocks we have pulled off if we somehow do it. Would certainly top beating the huns on penalties those years ago imo. I think the chances are extremely slim though. I really hope we show some fight. Whether they do it for the fans, the club, manager, own professional pride or family just go out and give everything for 90 minutes please.

Hermit Crab
31-10-2019, 09:05 AM
Theres going to be 40+ thousand Celtic fans there roaring them on. If Celtic are remotely struggling on Saturday then Forest will fall over in the box and Madden will point to the penalty spot to help them out.

Since452
31-10-2019, 09:05 AM
Will take a special performance to beat us 😉

Don't think any of us expect to progress to the final but if the players are as up for it as they were against them at ER a few weeks back then who knows. I've got a similar feeling to when we beat Rangers on pens in the 2007 semi. I'd be over the moon with the same outcome! It's a big as though.

Really looking forward to the day out and a few beers with mates. Can't beat it.

WeeRussell
31-10-2019, 11:26 AM
I've never felt less confident of a semi-final result - so let's have it Hibs, prove me wrong :agree:

Silversand
31-10-2019, 11:30 AM
Match tickets & train tickets purchased. 9 of us going.

Will be a good day with a football match at Hampden thrown in

[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The 90+2
31-10-2019, 11:31 AM
There is absolutely no chance we are winning.

Hibernia&Alba
31-10-2019, 11:35 AM
We need a minor miracle. Stranger things have happened in cup football, but I would imagine our odds with the bookies must be double figures.

ABZHFC
31-10-2019, 11:37 AM

"In Scotland, it's League Cup final day at Hampden Park, where Celtic meet Partick Thistle, who have no chance."

:agree::agree::agree:

Logie Green
31-10-2019, 11:38 AM
Considering we are how we are and that celtic have won the last 9 trophies available in scotland and generally up their game in cup competitions i think it would be one of the biggest shocks we have pulled off if we somehow do it. Would certainly top beating the huns on penalties those years ago imo. I think the chances are extremely slim though. I really hope we show some fight. Whether they do it for the fans, the club, manager, own professional pride or family just go out and give everything for 90 minutes please.

Or to look at it in another way, Hibs and Celtic have shared the last 10 trophies.....

The 90+2
31-10-2019, 11:41 AM
"In Scotland, it's League Cup final day at Hampden Park, where Celtic meet Partick Thistle, who have no chance."

Fair point. “And off to Forthbank where the worst side in Scotland take on Hibernian, no chance there will be any sort of upset here”

smack
31-10-2019, 11:41 AM
Out of interest when was the last time we beat Celtic at Hampden? Don't remember it happening in my 35 years of watching Hibs.

The 90+2
31-10-2019, 11:43 AM
Out of interest when was the last time we beat Celtic at Hampden? Don't remember it happening in my 35 years of watching Hibs.

Drew 2-2 1995 closest in my lifetime.

smack
31-10-2019, 11:49 AM
Drew 2-2 1995 closest in my lifetime.

That was a league game. I meant in the cup

The 90+2
31-10-2019, 11:56 AM
That was a league game. I meant in the cup

I was straw clutching to be fair :greengrin

CRAZYHIBBY
31-10-2019, 11:56 AM
Im predicting 4-0 to celtic......we are utter dross

The 90+2
31-10-2019, 11:59 AM
Im predicting 4-0 to celtic......we are utter dross

I genuinely think it will be more than 4. I’ll no be staying for the Neil Lennon love fest that’s for sure. At least in 2013 there was some pride and passion in the team.

NAE NOOKIE
31-10-2019, 12:00 PM
Match tickets & train tickets purchased. 9 of us going.

Will be a good day with a football match at Hampden thrown in

[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Yup ... 3 of us going on the train and thats pretty well our attitude. I cant remember going to a game at Hampden where I was so convinced we had no chance of winning and thats saying something :greengrin

ekhibee
31-10-2019, 12:04 PM

Somebody else might come up with something more recent, but we beat them in the League Cup final in 1972 (2-1).

Diclonius
31-10-2019, 12:10 PM
Last time Celtic lost at Hampden was 2016 to Rangers (and to Ross County).

Hamish
31-10-2019, 12:27 PM
We need a minor miracle. Stranger things have happened in cup football, but I would imagine our odds with the bookies must be double figures.

Close - 9/1.

4/5 to finish Top 6
EVS to finish Bottom 6
33/1 to finish Bottom (same price as our neighbours)

nickwhibs
31-10-2019, 12:29 PM
Bring it on! GGTTH

HFC93
31-10-2019, 12:32 PM
Hopefully we continue our run of draws and win on penalties.

Gordy M
31-10-2019, 12:35 PM

Im sure that was said when we went away to Killie, home to Celtic, away to Aberdeen.....you just never know.

oneone73
31-10-2019, 12:35 PM
Between us, Hibs and Celtc have won the last 10 domestic trophies. Nothing to fear.

The 90+2
31-10-2019, 12:39 PM
Im sure that was said when we went away to Killie, home to Celtic, away to Aberdeen.....you just never know.

We didn’t win any of they games?

Gordy M
31-10-2019, 12:53 PM
We didn’t win any of they games?

Aye thats right, we didnt go through the quarters to get to Hampden......what a ridiculous question???

I take its the hundreds of teams who have won trophies winning on pens.....liverpool in 2005 for example, dont count that because they didnt win in 90 mins......jeez.

And my point was that plenty folk stated that we would get thumped by Aberdeen and Celtic.....we didnt. Ok im not expecting us to win but you just never know.

The 90+2
31-10-2019, 01:06 PM
Aye thats right, we didnt go through the quarters to get to Hampden......what a ridiculous question???

I take its the hundreds of teams who have won trophies winning on pens.....liverpool in 2005 for example, dont count that because they didnt win in 90 mins......jeez.

And my point was that plenty folk stated that we would get thumped by Aberdeen and Celtic.....we didnt. Ok im not expecting us to win but you just never know.

Folk also said we would beat St Johnstone, Ross County, Hamilton, Livingston and Hearts. We didn’t.

We’ve won on penalties once since being scudded off Motherwell since August and you see that as some kind of achievement.

Gordy M
31-10-2019, 01:11 PM
Folk also said we would beat St Johnstone, Ross County, Hamilton, Livingston and Hearts. We didn’t.

We’ve won on penalties once since being scudded off Motherwell since August and you see that as some kind of achievement.

Ah so winning on penalties is a win now then is it?

Who said it was an acheivement? You really have a way of turning things around to bash the club or supporters who dont agree with every bit of club bashing you post??

I actually think that you and others dont want us to win on Saturday......in fact im sure of it.

The 90+2
31-10-2019, 01:18 PM
Ah so winning on penalties is a win now then is it?

Who said it was an acheivement? You really have a way of turning things around to bash the club or supporters who dont agree with every bit of club bashing you post??

I actually think that you and others dont want us to win on Saturday......in fact im sure of it.

No, it was winning the tie. We didn’t do enough to win a game of football and we haven’t since we won in August against Morton.

Why would I not win us to win on Saturday?

It’s the people that bash everyone seriously concerned about where we are heading that gets me. Absolutely guaranteed you didn’t want Butcher sacked and he was the best person to get us through the “rough patch” and the playoffs and everyone ****ting themselves was bashing the club and didn’t want us to win regardless.

For the record, I don’t think there’s even a remote chance we will win the League cup. There’s more chance of Scotland making the Euros, in fact a lot greater chance. It won’t stop me wanting us to win, which you said I won’t which is ***** as you’ve obviously got a way of saying you’re more of a supporter than others and turning others into not wanting Hibs to win.
I would love us to win on Saturday as the money in the final might help us get players to stop us being relegated again.

You keep thinking we beat Killie though. We didn’t even have a ****ing shot at goal mate.

flash
31-10-2019, 01:20 PM

You are back in the region of needing to take a day off again. The endless quest of talking down anyone with anything remotely positive to say has to be taking its toll.

Gordy M
31-10-2019, 01:33 PM
No, it was winning the tie. We didn’t do enough to win a game of football and we haven’t since we won in August against Morton.

Why would I not win us to win on Saturday?

It’s the people that bash everyone seriously concerned about where we are heading that gets me. Absolutely guaranteed you didn’t want Butcher sacked and he was the best person to get us through the “rough patch” and the playoffs and everyone ****ting themselves was bashing the club and didn’t want us to win regardless.

For the record, I don’t think there’s even a remote chance we will win the League cup. There’s more chance of Scotland making the Euros, in fact a lot greater chance. It won’t stop me wanting us to win, which you said I won’t which is ***** as you’ve obviously got a way of saying you’re more of a supporter than others and turning others into not wanting Hibs to win.
I would love us to win on Saturday as the money in the final might help us get players to stop us being relegated again.

You keep thinking we beat Killie though. We didn’t even have a ****ing shot at goal mate.

There is a poster on another thread stating that he would rather see us losing 4-0 if it meant the manager getting sacked so dont start that **** about being better fans etc. and that no one wants us to lose. There are absolutely some that do.

How is me saying that we MIGHT not get thumped in the semi saying im a better fan than others.....ffs. Get a grip of yourself. All i said was that you never know.

For the record i dont particularly want the manager to stay, but that doesnt mean that everything imust be a negative just so the manager gets sacked. That certainly appears to be happening on here at the moment. I can have the opinion that he isnt the man for the job but that we arent getting thumped every week, and competing, so hopefully wont take much to turn it around.

Oh.....and we did beat killie.....we are in the semi.....they are not.

Sir David Gray
31-10-2019, 01:37 PM
If we keep it to anything under 4-0 then I'll be happy.

B.H.F.C
31-10-2019, 02:24 PM
Never looked forward to a semi final so little in my life. Suppose it’s just because I’m so used to going to Hampden.

Can’t see any way we win this game.

MKHIBEE
31-10-2019, 02:35 PM
Somebody else might come up with something more recent, but we beat them in the League Cup final in 1972 (2-1).
Dryburgh Cup Final 1974

heretoday
31-10-2019, 02:51 PM
Celtic weren't too impressive against us at ER recently but Hampden is their second home and I expect a four or five goal defeat. It would be good if Boyle was let loose on the park at some point.

Baldy Foghorn
31-10-2019, 04:53 PM
I've got a feeling we are going to win, and burst their trophy haul. C'mon hibees

Wilson
31-10-2019, 04:58 PM
I've got a feeling we are going to win, and burst their trophy haul. C'mon hibees

Let's do this!

thegaffer12
31-10-2019, 04:59 PM
My expectations are so low that I can only be pleasantly surprised

Hibeesmad
31-10-2019, 04:59 PM
Choking on a pint already

Hermit Crab
31-10-2019, 05:09 PM

Aye good one. :greengrin

ABZHFC
31-10-2019, 05:13 PM
Fair point. “And off to Forthbank where the worst side in Scotland take on Hibernian, no chance there will be any sort of upset here”

In a meaningless League Cup group stage game in pre-season that we still qualified from?

Jim44
31-10-2019, 05:14 PM
If we are going to sack PH, I’d rather we had done it before the Celtic game. I would then have given the lads a free rein to go out and have a go, no blame attached. As it is, they’ll go out, get hammered and we’ll have a Saturday night and all of Sunday, moaning and groaning about how bad PH is etc, etc,. till he’s sacked on Monday. Sack him now and take the sting out of the defeat.

we are hibs
31-10-2019, 05:21 PM
Is anyone even considering watching hibs sober on saturday? Has anyone ever considered watching hibs sober? :greengrin

ben johnson
31-10-2019, 05:23 PM

Are you trying to enthuse the fans booked on the bus to ensure they ship up !

Keith_M
31-10-2019, 05:30 PM
Is anyone even considering watching hibs sober on saturday? Has anyone ever considered watching hibs sober? :greengrin

I'm going with my Missus, Sister and (at least) 3 kids...so sadly, yes,

I don't know how I'll handle the five minute walk back to my house after the game...

Sir David Gray
31-10-2019, 05:41 PM

I'm going to watch it in the house and will probably have a few drinks. I had intended to go and actually bought tickets but i'm not going.

Diclonius
31-10-2019, 05:46 PM

I don't think I've ever not seen Hibs sober.

pacoluna
31-10-2019, 05:48 PM
I genuinely think it will be more than 4. I’ll no be staying for the Neil Lennon love fest that’s for sure. At least in 2013 there was some pride and passion in the team.

Why are you actually going to the game mate if its a foregone conclusion topped of with a supposed love fest for lennon after? Seems like a nightmare day for you.

pacoluna
31-10-2019, 05:50 PM
If we are going to sack PH, I’d rather we had done it before the Celtic game. I would then have given the lads a free rein to go out and have a go, no blame attached. As it is, they’ll go out, get hammered and we’ll have a Saturday night and all of Sunday, moaning and groaning about how bad PH is etc, etc,. till he’s sacked on Monday. Sack him now and take the sting out of the defeat.

Other than motherwell when have we actually been hammered? Not including rangers who have dismantled most teams at ibrox.

Sir David Gray
31-10-2019, 06:01 PM
Other than motherwell when have we actually been hammered? Not including rangers who have dismantled most teams at ibrox.

Motherwell and Livingston weren't hammered at Ibrox.

Hermit Crab
31-10-2019, 06:23 PM
In a meaningless League Cup group stage game in pre-season that we still qualified from?

Meaningless? Is Saturdays league cup semi final meaningless as well?

Jim44
31-10-2019, 07:38 PM

My ‘hammered’ reference didn’t apply to any previous games. I said that we were in for a hammering from Celtic on Saturday.

cmcd
31-10-2019, 07:41 PM

At least 3 times in the 70s

pacoluna
31-10-2019, 08:54 PM
My ‘hammered’ reference didn’t apply to any previous games. I said that we were in for a hammering from Celtic on Saturday.

Like when we played them at Er?

Ringothedog
31-10-2019, 08:59 PM

I have to be (reasonably) sober as I am representing us in the half time challenge

chrisski33
31-10-2019, 09:12 PM
We ain't got a chance given recent games but you never know! Think we will be in for a hiding sadly

jakedance
31-10-2019, 09:20 PM
We’re likely to get beat but all good and bad runs come to an end. It’s going to be interesting to see what kind of performance they can give in a big game like this.

Jim44
31-10-2019, 09:38 PM
Like when we played them at Er?

By continually referencing events in the recent past to justify your opinion, I think you’re missing my point, ( which maybe I haven’t made clear ) that I think our present problems, combined with Celtic’s very good present form, will result in a bit of a hammering. Mind you, I hope you’re right.

ABZHFC
01-11-2019, 02:23 AM
Meaningless? Is Saturdays league cup semi final meaningless as well?

No, it's a big semi final. The draw (with a win via penalties) against Stirling back in July was meaningless, even had we lost in 90 minutes, we'd have still comfortably topped our group...

PeeJay
01-11-2019, 06:24 AM
I've seen miles better teams than this current team play a semi against Celtc and lose 6 goals - we'll probably win ... :greengrin

iwasthere1972
01-11-2019, 06:57 AM

I remember them putting the half time score up in the Albion end at Easter Road and everyone thinking they had put the scores the wrong way round.

Jonny1875
01-11-2019, 10:31 AM
Heading over to Scotland for the game tomorrow, where will Hibs fans be having a drink pre-game?

we are hibs
01-11-2019, 12:51 PM
Scott Brown a major doubt for them