PDA

View Full Version : Horgan

21sMay
31-10-2019, 06:49 AM
As much as I really want to like Horgan as he has had the odd brilliant game . I unfortunately don't see a first team player in him . He just doesn't bring enough to the team and was at fault for first goal yesterday. We need better in the attacking positions than we currently have with him, Middleton and Newell just not up to it

sean04
31-10-2019, 06:57 AM
Why does he keep missing sitters? Hamilton away, 2 unbelievable chances tonight. Tbf I thought he was good 2nd half. Needs to drive with the ball more often, get in the box

Chorley Hibee
31-10-2019, 07:10 AM
He shows a greater willingness than most to get involved, and whilst I agree about the end product a lot of the time, he's somebody who doesn't hide, and someone who at least tries to take the game to the opposition.

18Craig75
31-10-2019, 07:12 AM
It wasn’t happening for him last night but to his credit he kept going. Kept driving us forward. When we scored the first he was at every other player, psyching them up (the only one). When we scored our second even that late in the game his first thought was to grab the ball and try get a winner.

Although he missed chances and had a pretty poor game, major respect for him not hiding. The same can’t be said for James & Doidge.

Brooster
31-10-2019, 07:40 AM
He shows a greater willingness than most to get involved, and whilst I agree about the end product a lot of the time, he's somebody who doesn't hide, and someone who at least tries to take the game to the opposition.

That's my view too. He was driving on and trying to make things happen. He needs to work on his finishing mind you.

J-C
31-10-2019, 12:37 PM
Back up bench player, not good or consistent enough, his attempt at goal which flew into the FF stand missing the goals by 20 yards sort of sums him up, considering his well taken goal on Saturday.

The 90+2
31-10-2019, 12:41 PM
He’s a confidence player and confidence is complete **** all over the place.

Pilrig_Sauzee
31-10-2019, 12:53 PM
Not perfect, and has had some poor games, but always tries and has some very good spells. He appears to take thing as personally as our home grown players, which I respect. Definitely one to keep, and bring on every game at 70 minutes when Boyle’s knackered. And vice versa till Boyle fully fit.

gaz1875
31-10-2019, 07:21 PM
His final ball most of the time is school boy stuff, and misses way to many great chances.

Nicho87
31-10-2019, 07:30 PM
How Middleton came off is beyond me. He had a shot on target well saved, put a couple of decent crosses in and went forward. How Mallan or Horgan never came off before him sums the manager up

LaMotta
31-10-2019, 07:50 PM
Horgan was instrumental in winning the penalty and also helped us win a load of corners.

He is frustrating beyond belief but can produce a bit of magic, and another who gets ott stick IMO.

Scouse Hibee
31-10-2019, 08:39 PM
How Middleton came off is beyond me. He had a shot on target well saved, put a couple of decent crosses in and went forward. How Mallan or Horgan never came off before him sums the manager up

Despite his inconsistencies I would pick Horgan over Middleton every time.

LaMotta
31-10-2019, 08:43 PM
Despite his inconsistencies I would pick Horgan over Middleton every time.

:agree:

Nicho87
31-10-2019, 09:30 PM
I actually was excited about that line up last night well the front 3 - not the striker part.

If we had McGinn and Dylan behind Allan, Middleton, Horgan that would give fans hope. Boyle has t be used as second striker when fully fit he looked the part when lenny started playing him up there with flo

LaMotta
31-10-2019, 11:00 PM
I actually was excited about that line up last night well the front 3 - not the striker part.

If we had McGinn and Dylan behind Allan, Middleton, Horgan that would give fans hope. Boyle has t be used as second striker when fully fit he looked the part when lenny started playing him up there with flo

Could Boyle even be the perfect foil for Doidge?

Smartie
31-10-2019, 11:05 PM
Could Boyle even be the perfect foil for Doidge?

I was wondering the same thing.

jacomo
31-10-2019, 11:06 PM

True, but we are where we are at the moment.

I like Horgan but he looks like a raw talent still, another late developer like Simon Murray or Ivan Sproule. PH prides himself as a coach so what work is he doing with him?

Never mind about bragging about all the extra sessions he’s been doing with Boyle.

Good to see Squirrel back though. He’s definitely capable of playing off the main striker.

The Modfather
31-10-2019, 11:32 PM
Horgan was instrumental in winning the penalty and also helped us win a load of corners.

He is frustrating beyond belief but can produce a bit of magic, and another who gets ott stick IMO.

It’s often forgotten that we paid a fee for Horgan and the wage that will go with the fee paid, how big a fee who knows. It’s often brought up as a stick to beat Doidge with.

If he had been a raw and cheap punt like Simon Murray, fair enough. As it is he’s been a very poor signing overall and he is part of the midfield problems we have rather than a solution IMO. I’d look to move him on ASAP.

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2019, 07:11 AM
Never mind about bragging about all the extra sessions he’s been doing with Boyle.

I heard that interview and he was praising Boyle, not bragging about his input.

Still you can spin it/make it up as you like if it makes you feel better.

jacomo
01-11-2019, 08:44 AM

Ok. What’s he doing with the other players?

If PH is failing to convince me, that’s my issue. If he’s failing to convince the majority of our support, I’d suggest that’s his issue... but feel free to have a pop at me instead.

Golden Bear
01-11-2019, 08:51 AM
The biggest concern I have over Horgan is his appalling lack of fitness. We need players who can play 90mins, Horgan only seems to play in sporadic bursts which again is down to his lack of conditioning. It's far from good enough for a professional football player imo.

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2019, 08:59 AM
Ok. What’s he doing with the other players?

If PH is failing to convince me, that’s my issue. If he’s failing to convince the majority of our support, I’d suggest that’s his issue... but feel free to have a pop at me instead.

I don’t know what he’s doing with the others.

Take it as a pop if you like but folk twisting his words and making stuff up is not helping matters - if anything it makes the “majority” bigger cos some folk believe made up stuff and repeat it until it becomes accepted as the truth.

SMAXXA
01-11-2019, 09:00 AM

I was going to post the same, folk don’t half miss any chance to have a pop at PH.