PDA

View Full Version : I am no happy clapper but maybe we're not terrible

ABZHFC
30-10-2019, 11:49 PM
I feel as though this team is maybe not as bad as suggested. We have gone six without defeat now and of course, most of those have been through clutching defeat from the jaws of victory so to speak, but I don't think any game has seen a totally abject performance from us, and half of them been against fairly similarly-matched sides.

The real problem is we seem to play terribly one half and pretty well the other every single week, which invariably leads us to draw far too many games, and that has to change.

I still think, long term, that Heckingbottom needs emptied, of course. And I think this team is absolutely missing the requisite character and heart to make us challenge for the top six - or even avoid a relegation battle - in the long term (which we definitely have to be doing, given how much we are spending).

But, whisper it, I don't think we are terrible, and I don't think we are being coached awfully either. It's a game of fine margins, and maybe once that next win comes, we'll be pushed right up that table, we are only 10 points off 3rd place, after all

Hibeesmad
31-10-2019, 12:04 AM
We shouldn’t be terrible with the squad we have and the budget we have compared to the the vast majority in the league. As mentioned in another thread, this is our worst start to a season at this stage in 9 years, throwing away a 2-0 lead against Ross County, 1-0 leads to Hearts, Hamilton and Aberdeen, as well as getting pumped 6-1 by any team is just not good enough. We got to a semi final, credit where it’s due but that was after squeezing past Morton after throwing a 2-0 lead to take it to extra time, then getting through on penalties against Killie, a team who have already beaten us 2-0 this season.

We could be a lot more terrible, but it’s far from good.

Steve20
31-10-2019, 02:26 AM
We have 9 points after 11 games. We haven’t won in ten league games. Haven’t kept a clean sheet in ten league games.

We are brutal. Worse than terrible in fact. And if Ron Gordon really is stupid enough to think the manager doesn’t need changed, then we WILL get relegated this season.

Terrible manager, terrible signings.

overdrive
31-10-2019, 04:54 AM
We have 9 points after 11 games. We haven’t won in ten league games. Haven’t kept a clean sheet in ten league games.

We are brutal. Worse than terrible in fact. And if Ron Gordon really is stupid enough to think the manager doesn’t need changed, then we WILL get relegated this season.

Terrible owner/chairman.

Hibee Mac
31-10-2019, 05:01 AM
Surprised that anyone can watch that last night and think there was anything to build on, I came away thinking the polar opposite.

Not only is our manager inept, we have an almost non-existant midfield and more than one player on that park is simply not good enough for where we want to be.

InchHibby
31-10-2019, 05:45 AM
I feel as though this team is maybe not as bad as suggested. We have gone six without defeat now and of course, most of those have been through clutching defeat from the jaws of victory so to speak, but I don't think any game has seen a totally abject performance from us, and half of them been against fairly similarly-matched sides.

The real problem is we seem to play terribly one half and pretty well the other every single week, which invariably leads us to draw far too many games, and that has to change.

I still think, long term, that Heckingbottom needs emptied, of course. And I think this team is absolutely missing the requisite character and heart to make us challenge for the top six - or even avoid a relegation battle - in the long term (which we definitely have to be doing, given how much we are spending).

But, whisper it, I don't think we are terrible, and I don't think we are being coached awfully either. It's a game of fine margins, and maybe once that next win comes, we'll be pushed right up that table, we are only 10 points off 3rd place, after all
I agree, and I think one of the reasons was at long last he put a second striker on, the difference in the second half last night proved this, long may it last and welcome back squirrel.
I must add, it’s the best interview Heckingbottom has had, last night on BBC Sportsound, since he came.

Onion
31-10-2019, 06:01 AM
The only thing certain is Ron Gordon and Leanne Dempster are getting it FAR TO EASY at the moment. Nothing of what's going on at Easter Road at the moment comes close to being good enough. If they don't realise that and refuse to act, they will see the consequences at the end of the season.

Chorley Hibee
31-10-2019, 06:03 AM

"Only 10pts off 3rd place" after a quarter of a season, is seen as a barometer of success now.

I'm sorry, but I honestly don't know what people are seeing sometimes.

This team lacks skill, fight, heart, responsibility and persists with slow, turgid football that has our crowds plummeting at a rate of knots. We are a carbon copy of the sides of the Calderwood, Fenlon and Butcher era and we all know how that finally panned out.

We all discussed, after Aberdeen game, how we needed (at worst) 7 pts from next three games against Hamilton, Ross County and Livingston. We have taken 3 pts, and won none of those games in the process. Add that to the horsings from Rangers and Motherwell, defeat to Kilmarnock, failure to beat Stirling Albion, and a loss at home to possibly the worst Hearts side in history, and you're left in the predicament we currently find ourselves in.

We most definitely are as bad as the above suggests.

Sir David Gray
31-10-2019, 06:10 AM
The only thing certain is Ron Gordon and Leanne Dempster are getting it FAR TO EASY at the moment. Nothing of what's going on at Easter Road at the moment comes close to being good enough. If they don't realise that and refuse to act, they will see the consequences at the end of the season.

Correct.

I'm really disappointed in Leeann Dempster in particular.

MWHIBBIES
31-10-2019, 06:20 AM
You don't take the lead so often without doing something right. Or midfield is so poor that holding a lead and controlling a game is impossible.

GoalsMcGinley
31-10-2019, 06:38 AM
We have won 1 of our last SIXTEEN league games. We are terrible!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

supermcginn
31-10-2019, 06:41 AM
2 league wins in 7 months, people need to wake up!

Brightside
31-10-2019, 06:57 AM
Europe here we come. Buckle in it’s going to be a bumpy ride.

green day
31-10-2019, 07:06 AM
Not that terrible?

We just drew with a diddy team from a shopping centre.........

green with envy
31-10-2019, 07:16 AM

Three straight draws against three team that can only muster around 5,000 between them. I suggest that is worse than bad.

Last Minute
31-10-2019, 07:31 AM

:top marks

If some fans feel we are not that bad well god help us going forward. Fans cheering and going home happy after a draw with Livingstone. I just don't get how this Guy is still in a Job.

scooby
31-10-2019, 07:42 AM
We are brutal and have been since the split last season, but I believe a better manager could get much more from our current squad. Hecky simply hasn't got a clue.

Heisenberg
31-10-2019, 07:44 AM
We are awful. Rescuing a point at home to Livi doesn’t change that.

Captain Trips
31-10-2019, 07:47 AM
As Dick Emery says "oooh you are awful".

allmodcons
31-10-2019, 07:50 AM
Not that terrible?

Who just recently happened to beat Celtic.

Danderhall Hibs
31-10-2019, 07:53 AM

What even though they don’t have a big support? I’m sure I’m not alone in struggling to understand how that can happen?

tonyrougier123
31-10-2019, 07:59 AM
I'm not a happyclapper but a happyclappers son I'm only happyclapping because I thought the hibees won.

Frankhfc
31-10-2019, 08:02 AM
I don't think we're that bad a team to be honest and some of our play is very good at times. Sure we're not as good a team as we were three years ago but we've since had to transition after losing key players. Some of the criticism is beyond ridiculous probably coming from some who don't even attend matches on a regular basis. Great to see Squirrel back and on the scoresheet!

Last Minute
31-10-2019, 08:19 AM
I don't think we're that bad a team to be honest and some of our play is very good at times. Sure we're not as good a team as we were three years ago but we've since had to transition after losing key players. Some of the criticism is beyond ridiculous probably coming from some who don't even attend matches on a regular basis. Great to see Squirrel back and on the scoresheet!

Are you for real ? have you looked at the stats? I go to every game home and away as does many on here. And for you to come on and criticise the fans for being angry with what they are witnessing on the park is beyond belief and your as bad as him in charge if you think we're not that bad.

supermcginn
31-10-2019, 08:28 AM

Haha we've won one game and its november tomorrow. You are delusional.

Captain Trips
31-10-2019, 08:33 AM

Losing key players over a year ago is not an excuse. We had the means to still assemble a squad worthy of a challenge near the top of the table and just look at the state of it.

Hermit Crab
31-10-2019, 08:35 AM

1 league win in 11 matches this season or 1 league win in 16 matches since the spilt last season would suggest otherwise...:confused:

We have drawn 5 league matches in a row, thats 5 points out of 15. Utter pish mate. Get him out and get yourself in for drug screening.

Onceinawhile
31-10-2019, 08:40 AM
I thought we played pretty well last night tbf and I can see where the OP is coming from.

If we were truly, truly awful, we would have lost one of the last 3.

As it is, we didn't. However, we are also, not good. Our inability to keep a clean sheet is killing us and that's down to our defending without the ball being nowhere good enough.

Since452
31-10-2019, 08:43 AM

I agree. It's quite bizarre really.

Derby - After going a goal up Hearts should have been dead and buried with chances we missed - lost

Killie - A gritty performance to knock Killie out the cup at a very difficult venue.

Celtic - Could/Should have gone 2-0 up against 10 men. Overall decent performance - draw

Aberdeen - Best I've ever seen us play up there. Dominated - somehow a draw

Hamilton - Again dominated for large parts - draw

Ross County - 2-0 up and should have been more - draw

Livingston - Yet again the better team - salvaged a draw

It's quite staggering but we aren't playing badly. It's silly moments that are killing us. Is that down to the manager? Maybe. Can't really argue with the results. Probably more down to confidence. It's not a popular opinion but the football on display is a million miles away from that of Butcher.

IWasThere2016
31-10-2019, 08:47 AM

Derby - After going a goal up Hearts should have been dead and buried with chances we missed - lost

Celtic - Could/Should have gone 2-0 up against 10 men. Overall gritty performance - draw

It's quite staggering but we aren't playing badly. It's silly moments that are killing us. Is that down to the manager? Maybe. Can't really argue with the results. Probably more down to confidence. It's not a popular opinion but the football on display is a million miles away from that of Butcher.

Clearly a lack of leadership on the park. We don't have a decent out ball (we do now Boyle is back). However we cannot keep the opposition out .. a fundamental to winning games

hibsbollah
31-10-2019, 08:47 AM

Celtic - Could/Should have gone 2-0 up against 10 men. Overall gritty performance - draw

Fascinating to read this and read the other post that Hermit Crab made, citing the same games but describing them in diametrically opposing ways :faf:

I can't decide if we've been or unlucky in games, or lucky it's not been worse

Pretty Boy
31-10-2019, 09:19 AM
P - 11
W - 1
D - 6
L - 4

V Top 6

P - 6
W - 0
D - 3
L - 3

V bottom 6

P - 5
W - 1
D - 3
L - 1

We maybe aren't terrible but results suggest we aren't far from it.

loanheadhibby
31-10-2019, 09:19 AM

I agree. Even in 1st half, we played some nice football. We certainly did not deserve to be 2 goals down. However, we're soft. I've got sympathy with the manager. He can't legislate for Hanlon missing from 6 yards and Horgan just as guilty. I lay the blame equally at the players who continually miss chances and give away soft goals.

The Harp Awakes
31-10-2019, 09:23 AM

Sorry can't agree.

With the exception of Celtic and Rangers the quality in this league is very poor. The fact we are languishing at the bottom is not acceptable.

Danderhall Hibs
31-10-2019, 09:28 AM
Clearly a lack of leadership on the park. We don't have a decent out ball (we do now Boyle is back). However we cannot keep the opposition out .. a fundamental to winning games

:agree: some of the goals have been unfortunate but if we could clean sheets we’d have won some games, yet the blame all seems to get pointed at the strikers and attacking players (Mallan, Horgan, Middleton, Kamberi, Doidge).

And the lack of leadership is glaringly obvious - need someone (at least one) on the pitch to calm everyone down and organise and try and not let the negativity from the stands make everyone more nervous.

Brightside
31-10-2019, 09:34 AM
We are at least consistent

Jim44
31-10-2019, 09:39 AM

It’ll take us to the middle of February to, in our inimitable fashion, draw ten games. Meanwhile all the other poor teams will be drawing, winning and losing but amassing more that ten points. We are drawing our way to automatic relegation or the play-off position at best. In your post, you use the one word I would choose to describe our team - ‘heart’ or lack of it to be accurate.

Sergio sledge
31-10-2019, 09:55 AM
And the lack of leadership is glaringly obvious - need someone (at least one) on the pitch to calm everyone down and organise and try and not let the negativity from the stands make everyone more nervous.

:agree: This is the key factor for me and the key difference between us being where we are and where this team probably should be (based on the abilities in the squad we have just now) which is fighting for top 6.

Over the last few years through players outgrowing us (McGinn), being released by the manager (Bartley, Milligan, Fontaine, even Holt) and aging to the point where they are not able to be relied on to the same extent (Gray, McGregor), we have lost some big characters and leaders both on and off the pitch and you can see how that has affected the squad. The signings that we have made all seem to bee too similar, perhaps they are good technicians and good guys, but there's no character and no leadership.

Porteous could be that guy, but he's too young to put that pressure on at this stage of his career and we need more than one guy like that in the squad.

Unfortunately I don't see how this can be rectified until January unless Gray and McGregor can make miraculous recoveries to be back in with the squad at training and in matchday squads.

ABZHFC
31-10-2019, 10:17 AM
Not that terrible?

Under Lennon, we drew against them last season at home too? And lost to them away in September?

The 90+2
31-10-2019, 10:18 AM
Under Lennon, we drew against them last season at home too? And lost to them away in September?

That makes it okay then?

ABZHFC
31-10-2019, 10:20 AM

Killie - A gritty performance to knock Killie out the cup at a very difficult venue.

Celtic - Could/Should have gone 2-0 up against 10 men. Overall decent performance - draw

Yep, you've put it much better than I could have. I completely accept (and share) the frustrations with the results, but this is not abject performances causing it, it's a lack of bottle at key moments and silly errors. Under Butcher, we hardly ever went 1-0 up, and we all remember his infamous philosophy of 'sometimes it's best to concede the first goal as it takes the pressure off of conceding it' - we lost 2-0.

cabbageandribs1875
31-10-2019, 10:23 AM

so we've not really progressed much then

ABZHFC
31-10-2019, 10:23 AM
That makes it okay then?

No, but I'm saying there are a lot of similarities to frustrating draws this season and frustrating draws last season. We were 2-0 up at home to bottom club Dundee last season, somehow drew 2-2, we bizarrely lost 1-0 at home to St Johnstone as well, came back twice from behind to draw with St Mirren.

I accept Lennon had built up considerably more good will than Heckingbottom, and was therefore cut far more slack for these results, but the idea that they have only started since Hecky came into the dugout is a fantasy, to me. Lennon's time in charge was plagued with poor draws, we drew 14 out of 36 games in our title-winning Championship season, lest we forget

WhileTheChief..
31-10-2019, 10:34 AM
Even if we had won most of these games I wouldn't have said we played well.

We've been crap in most games this season, apart from Celtic.

Unfortunately the board seem to agree with you guys.

JeMeSouviens
31-10-2019, 10:41 AM

If you think he needs emptied long term then there is no point delaying. Get on with it asap while there is still time to save this season.

Greenio
31-10-2019, 10:48 AM
Nice to see some positivity creeping through the doom n gloom anyway! If that makes me a happy clapper then I'm ok with that

Regardless of how much you hate PH, we showed fight, grit and good mentality to get back to 2-2.

Hibbyradge
31-10-2019, 10:53 AM
We have lost 39 points out of the last possible 48.

That's terrible.

Managers and teams are judged on results.

Ergo, we're terrible.

(Since we beat hearts in April, we actually have a worse points collection rate than Hamilton achieved in the season they were relegated with only 26 points. They won 5 times in 38 games. We've won once in 16.)

Truly terrible.

MrRobot

We sometimes play decent but can't defend and barely score.

emerald green
A quick look at the league table says we are "terrible" I'm afraid. Both on and off the pitch.

greenpaper55
31-10-2019, 10:54 AM
Last night was my first game since the St Mirren game and i thought we were better last night . There is still a lack of physicality in midfield and we lost one of the goals after a bout of head tennis that we lost to the giants and the other to a bad clearance header from a long throw. I thought at times that the movement was better and with a wee bit of luck we could easily have won with the chances we had.

Captain Trips
31-10-2019, 11:03 AM
Butcher last league win was 2-1 to Ross County we then went the next 13 games without a win losing 9. Of course that is a joke but come on here PH should never be anywhere near to this sort of stuff given tools. There is nothing good about this you play enough games you will play "not bad" you have spells but you need to win games pure and simple.

HibeeHibernian4
31-10-2019, 11:05 AM
and a loss at home to possibly the worst Hearts side in history

Not even close to the worst Hearts side in history.

The 90+2
31-10-2019, 11:07 AM
No, but I'm saying there are a lot of similarities to frustrating draws this season and frustrating draws last season. We were 2-0 up at home to bottom club Dundee last season, somehow drew 2-2, we bizarrely lost 1-0 at home to St Johnstone as well, came back twice from behind to draw with St Mirren.

I accept Lennon had built up considerably more good will than Heckingbottom, and was therefore cut far more slack for these results, but the idea that they have only started since Hecky came into the dugout is a fantasy, to me. Lennon's time in charge was plagued with poor draws, we drew 14 out of 36 games in our title-winning Championship season, lest we forget

There was frustrating draws last season but at the same time it was more frustrating because we looked like winning games, right now, there’s never been a game we’ve looked completely comfortable and in complete control in because look like a side who doesn’t know how to win a game of football! Even the games we won against St Mirren and especially Morton we looked uncomfortable as anything. The recruitment has been shocking, the tactics and game management even more so. I’m not even comparing him to Lennon, right now we are in a real relegation battle and that’s Hecky fault. The early signs were there when he said the team went on holiday early towards the end of last season, then there was pre season and league cup stuttering and it’s just continued until we find ourselves a point off bottom having played a quarter of the season and god only knows when our next win will come. He needs to go before it’s too late, already severe damage has been done and a successful season is more or less done for. December we have a horrendous run of fixtures and it’s a major worry now we will be cast adrift at the bottom of the table come the beginning of 2020.

The 90+2
31-10-2019, 11:08 AM

Statistically it is the worst side in modern history. Only assisted positively from their point of view because they beat us.

Hibbyradge
31-10-2019, 11:08 AM

That's a relief.

The 90+2
31-10-2019, 11:10 AM
Nice to see some positivity creeping through the doom n gloom anyway! If that makes me a happy clapper then I'm ok with that

Regardless of how much you hate PH, we showed fight, grit and good mentality to get back to 2-2.

A good result for a team battling relegation you could say. Shows how far we’ve fallen and how low some people’s expectations are I suppose.

The 90+2
Butcher last league win was 2-1 to Ross County we then went the next 13 games without a win losing 9. Of course that is a joke but come on here PH should never be anywhere near to this sort of stuff given tools. There is nothing good about this you play enough games you will play "not bad" you have spells but you need to win games pure and simple.

Spot on.

lord bunberry
I get where the op is coming from. We aren’t being outplayed and we aren’t losing games, but we’re obviously not winning games. Our squad should be doing much better than it is though and the blame for that lies with the manager. A new manager coming in would probably be relatively happy to be inheriting a squad that’s not completely dispirited and losing games every week. With the January window not far off any new manager would fancy their chances of turning things around.

Chorley Hibee
31-10-2019, 11:11 AM

Currently one win in eighteen league games (almost half a season).

No prizes for guessing who that one win was against.

Heedersnvolleys
31-10-2019, 11:20 AM

There only win in 6 games i think was mentioned on the radio last night

HibeeHibernian4
31-10-2019, 11:21 AM
Statistically it is the worst side in modern history. Only assisted positively from their point of view because they beat us.

That's a relief.

Again I'm only being objective about the sticks that people are (cynically or otherwise) trying to beat PH with.

Hibernia&Alba
31-10-2019, 11:23 AM
One win thus far in a poor league - we are pretty bad.

The 90+2
31-10-2019, 11:24 AM
Again I'm only being objective about the sticks that people are (cynically or otherwise) trying to beat PH with.

It is the worst hearts side in history though!

IWasThere2016
31-10-2019, 11:28 AM
:agree: some of the goals have been unfortunate but if we could clean sheets we’d have won some games, yet the blame all seems to get pointed at the strikers and attacking players (Mallan, Horgan, Middleton, Kamberi, Doidge).

:agree:

:agree: This is the key factor for me and the key difference between us being where we are and where this team probably should be (based on the abilities in the squad we have just now) which is fighting for top 6.

Over the last few years through players outgrowing us (McGinn), being released by the manager (Bartley, Milligan, Fontaine, even Holt) and aging to the point where they are not able to be relied on to the same extent (Gray, McGregor), we have lost some big characters and leaders both on and off the pitch and you can see how that has affected the squad. The signings that we have made all seem to bee too similar, perhaps they are good technicians and good guys, but there's no character and no leadership.

Porteous could be that guy, but he's too young to put that pressure on at this stage of his career and we need more than one guy like that in the squad.

Unfortunately I don't see how this can be rectified until January unless Gray and McGregor can make miraculous recoveries to be back in with the squad at training and in matchday squads.

I will never understand the Milligan decision

HibeeHibernian4
31-10-2019, 11:35 AM

Winning x amount of games in x doesn't prove anything. They are playing different sides than other Hearts teams played. They are the worst-performing Hearts side, sure, but that doesn't take all sorts of factors into account like quality of opposition etc.

Biggie
31-10-2019, 11:38 AM
"Only 10pts off 3rd place" after a quarter of a season, is seen as a barometer of success now.

I'm sorry, but I honestly don't know what people are seeing sometimes.

This team lacks skill, fight, heart, responsibility and persists with slow, turgid football that has our crowds plummeting at a rate of knots. We are a carbon copy of the sides of the Calderwood, Fenlon and Butcher era and we all know how that finally panned out.

We all discussed, after Aberdeen game, how we needed (at worst) 7 pts from next three games against Hamilton, Ross County and Livingston. We have taken 3 pts, and won none of those games in the process. Add that to the horsings from Rangers and Motherwell, defeat to Kilmarnock, failure to beat Stirling Albion, and a loss at home to possibly the worst Hearts side in history, and you're left in the predicament we currently find ourselves in.

We most definitely are as bad as the above suggests.

Well said mate.....:top marks

The 90+2
31-10-2019, 11:38 AM
Winning x amount of games in x doesn't prove anything. They are playing different sides than other Hearts teams played. They are the worst-performing Hearts side, sure, but that doesn't take all sorts of factors into account like quality of opposition etc.

The standard of this league is absolutely atrocious and they sit joint bottom with one win - against us at Easter Road. I think they’ve won four times in 2019 in the league or something like that. It just adds to the utter shambles we find ourselves in and we head to Perth next in the league next.

Speedway
31-10-2019, 11:39 AM
:agree:

I will never understand the Milligan decision

It was to free up money to bring Vela, Newell and Doidge in.

Danderhall Hibs
31-10-2019, 11:42 AM
It was to free up money to bring Vela, Newell and Doidge in.

Milligan was on £18k per week?!

I’m not serious here - just starting the next rumour to go along with the £350k one.
:hilarious

The 90+2
31-10-2019, 11:45 AM
Milligan was on £18k per week?!

I’m not serious here - just starting the next rumour to go along with the £350k one.
:hilarious

How much did Doidge cost then?

Danderhall Hibs
31-10-2019, 11:52 AM
How much did Doidge cost then?

It’s not public knowledge. £350k is the highest reported figure though so it’s been grabbed and run with.

The 90+2
31-10-2019, 11:55 AM
It’s not public knowledge. £350k is the highest reported figure though so it’s been grabbed and run with.

In excess of £250,000 was reported everywhere. They wouldn’t just make up a similar figure, it was a statement of intent it was said at the time. It’s not hilarious for some to assume it was £350k.

Barman Stanton
31-10-2019, 11:55 AM
The table doesnt lie. We are 1 point of bottom with 11 games played. 1 win all season. Its an absolute shambles. I would suggest that if we are not terrible then we are not a kick in the arse off it. Or our standards have hit rock bottom. To think of the team we had just a cpl of years ago. Disgraceful.

Danderhall Hibs
31-10-2019, 12:08 PM
In excess of £250,000 was reported everywhere. They wouldn’t just make up a similar figure, it was a statement of intent it was said at the time. It’s not hilarious for some to assume it was £350k.

I’ve read £150k as well? The highest reported figure of £350k suits just now as it’s something else to beat the club over.

The 90+2
31-10-2019, 12:10 PM
I’ve read £150k as well? The highest reported figure of £350k suits just now as it’s something else to beat the club over.

I’ve never seen £150k reported.

£350,000 wasn’t something to beat the club with over the summer when he signed. Most where delighted and praised the club for spending money on the lad. He’s been a massive let down in a season of disasters so far, why wouldn’t people then say so?

Keith_M
31-10-2019, 12:10 PM

I think a lot of people will agree that we aren't actually terrible, at least not for 90 minutes of games, but that's a pretty low bar to set on expectations for what you want from a club the size of Hibs

James70
31-10-2019, 12:34 PM
I think what we are lacking is a real leader on the park. We are badly missing two defenders who are well capable of shouting the odds at under performing team mates. Hanlon can lead by example but I dont't know if he has the same ability at barking out orders. Oh for a Stanton or a Sauzee leading this team.

Keith_M
31-10-2019, 12:40 PM

Definitely not. I remember Hearts Yo-Yo years, and they were much worse.

I'd give you "The worst Hearts Side in decades", though.

mcfly
31-10-2019, 12:50 PM

Appreciate your positivity but we are terrible and the league table doesn’t lie.

In fact if they hadn’t missed an open goal we would have been bottom. Also if you watch our penalty again it was very soft and maybe just the bit of luck we need.

We are so missing a player like Bartley in the middle of the pitch - our midfield is so easy to get at.

Also on an other note felt v sorry for Middleton last night , certainly not the worst in first half and unlucky to be subbed.

basehibby
31-10-2019, 01:42 PM
It's true we are capable of some nice passages of play. And this does represent an improvement from early season form when we WERE truly ABYSMAL! Those early season humpings off Rangers, Killie and Motherwell were no flukes but justice done to a team which was incapable of defending their goal. And even if we've improved we are still not winning games - even at home to teams with a fraction of our budget. So, regardless of the odd glimpse of pretty football the end result is STILL piss poor. All of the blame for this can be laid squarely at the door of a manager who has utterly failed to improve the side but has taken us backwards - despite having a budget that dwarves that of most SPL managers. That Gordon is apparently happy with this mess is astonishing.

Barman Stanton
31-10-2019, 01:55 PM
Appreciate your positivity but we are terrible and the league table doesn’t lie.

In fact if they hadn’t missed an open goal we would have been bottom. Also if you watch our penalty again it was very soft and maybe just the bit of luck we need.

We are so missing a player like Bartley in the middle of the pitch - our midfield is so easy to get at.

Also on an other note felt v sorry for Middleton last night , certainly not the worst in first half and unlucky to be subbed.

Getting rid of both Bartley and Milligan without replacing them was Hecky's biggest f*** up imo. We clearly wanted a defensive midfielder, with Ojo being our first choice signing. Why was there no plan B. (And I really don't think Vela is in any way a defensive midfielder). Our defense needs protection but we just don't have the players to provide this. Absolute shambles.

Hermit Crab
31-10-2019, 06:47 PM
We lost to that Hearts team after being 1-0 up with 20 minutes to play, who have just sacked their manager. Let that sink in. We are terrible.

Hibs1969
31-10-2019, 07:24 PM
We’re capable of some decent passages of play but we’re soft, fragile and totally lacking in confidence. We lack a Darren McGregor or even a Milligan to show some grit and provide some steel on the pitch. Anybody who was at ER on Saturday could sense that once County had scored their first they were a stick on to equalise. In fact if Brian Graham didn’t have a square head he would have scored a second almost immediately after his first.

Last night Livi’s keeper had 2 great saves, a couple of minutes later they score with a deflected shot. That’s the breaks you get when you’re out of form and scrabbling at the bottom of the league though.

Hecky’s insistence on playing one man up front is killing us. I’ve no real idea how good or bad Doidge is because he spends 90% of his time trying to win headers with no-one up front with him to feed off the second ball. Our tactics and formation are dreadful made worse by some shocking recruitment over the summer. Maxwell is a decent keeper and James is useful, the jury’s out on Hallberg and Doidge but Vela and Newell are awful, just awful. One win this season is just not good enough and only Boyle’s last minute equaliser last night has kept Hecky in a job.

Northern Hibby
31-10-2019, 07:27 PM
Watching the highlights from last night, we didn't seem that bad.

tamig
31-10-2019, 07:28 PM
We lost to that Hearts team after being 1-0 up with 20 minutes to play, who have just sacked their manager. Let that sink in. We are terrible.

That was a while ago.

truehibernian
31-10-2019, 07:35 PM
That was a while ago.

He's bang on though - we are awful. There is absolutely no disguising it like our manager does - the football is terrible and this 'could have been' culture is embedded now. The team and football is relegation material.

Glory Lurker
31-10-2019, 07:52 PM
If you tolerate this, then your children won't be next because they'll just support a big team off the telly instead.

The 90+2
31-10-2019, 07:57 PM
That was a while ago.

Yep, and since then we’ve won, erm?

B.H.F.C
31-10-2019, 07:58 PM
Apart from the fact we don’t score enough goals, can’t keep a clean sheet and don’t win any games we’re not that bad really.

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-10-2019, 08:00 PM
If we had a midfielder who could leave his foot in and make a tackle and a striker who could score, then who knows. But as long as we don't then things won't get better.

erin go bragh
31-10-2019, 08:06 PM
I thought we played pretty well last night tbf and I can see where the OP is coming from.

If we were truly, truly awful, we would have lost one of the last 3.

As it is, we didn't. However, we are also, not good. Our inability to keep a clean sheet is killing us and that's down to our defending without the ball being nowhere good enough.

At 2-0 Lvi we’re cutting us open with ease . They easily could have added to their 2 goals .
We are rudderless under this buffoon and the sooner he goes the better .
He can’t react when teams change their formations and this is costing us wins almost every week .

SickBoy32
31-10-2019, 08:13 PM
That was a while ago.

Folk as deluded as this really dont help us. This hearts team are ****ing garbage, and we have failed twice to beat them at ER under this numpty.

If even the fans cant see the damage PH has done to the club, is it little wonder our owner thinks this is good enough too ?

Hibees1973
31-10-2019, 08:56 PM
2nd half was the best we have played this season.

Can they carry it on until Saturday. Hallberg was tidy in posession.

We need to have a go. Horgan & Boyle out wide with Kamberi up to with Allan just behind.

I fear our slow back 4 will be taken apart though.Our defence is one of the worst in the league.

cmcd
31-10-2019, 09:41 PM
Not that terrible?

A diddy team that beat Celtic

HibeeHibernian4
01-11-2019, 01:16 AM
Folk as deluded as this really dont help us. This hearts team are ****ing garbage, and we have failed twice to beat them at ER under this numpty.

If even the fans cant see the damage PH has done to the club, is it little wonder our owner thinks this is good enough too ?

We also beat them at Tynecastle under said 'numpty', which neither Lennon nor Stubbs could do.