PDA

View Full Version : Bartley

matty_f
30-10-2019, 11:30 PM
I wish refs had been that lenient with him when he played for Hibs.

Hibeesmad
30-10-2019, 11:32 PM
Incredible how he didn’t get booked tonight, was a dirty bas most of the night.

LaMotta
30-10-2019, 11:32 PM
His challenge on Horgan was a shocker and looked a red from my seat - yet the ref didnt even give a foul:confused:

Thought the ref was brutal, worst there's been in a while.

Alan62
30-10-2019, 11:38 PM
Also wouldn’t get into our current team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
31-10-2019, 12:40 AM

Said that to the guy behind me after Marv's 4th or 5th foul of the night. Still love the big guy though :greengrin

CMurdoch
31-10-2019, 12:46 AM

Oh no he wasn't
A penalty was given against him by the ref for being near Scott Allan when SA threw himself to the ground
Awful decision ........................for them

leither17
31-10-2019, 01:11 AM
Oh no he wasn't
A penalty was given against him by the ref for being near Scott Allan when SA threw himself to the ground
Awful decision ........................for them

Went through Allan not long after the goal too when it was clear Scott was struggling

kaimendhibs
31-10-2019, 02:16 AM
Wish he was still playing for us

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
31-10-2019, 02:22 AM
I love him more than all but a handful of the current Hibs team so I don’t care what he does

Just_Jimmy
31-10-2019, 03:09 AM
Legend.

Still not over him leaving.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
31-10-2019, 03:26 AM
His performance last night was exactly why we loved him when he was here and other teams fans hated him.

Scouse Hibee
31-10-2019, 05:00 AM
I couldn’t get over the the give and go in the first half near the West’,played it inside then went flying up the wing for the return. As PB says he gave the type of performancethat opposition fans love to hate.
And it was never a penalty.

InchHibby
31-10-2019, 05:35 AM
Incredible how he didn’t get booked tonight, was a dirty bas most of the night.

I agree, how he wasn’t sent of tonight is a mystery , if he was still with us it would have been a straight red for his first tackle, then going right through Alan when you could see clearly he was struggling from the previous tackle. Then, on at least two other occasions a yellow card should have been shown,
Still wish he was with us but you tend to wonder if some refs have a grudge against us.

18Craig75
31-10-2019, 05:36 AM
Didn’t celebrate either of their goals. The mans a legend. Wish he was still wearing our colours.

matty_f
31-10-2019, 05:39 AM
Should point out that this thread is a criticism of the ref rather than Bartley.

When he played like that for us he got a booking, minimum.

DaveF
31-10-2019, 05:42 AM
Should point out that this thread is a criticism of the ref rather than Bartley.

When he played like that for us he got a booking, minimum.

I agree. Marv did what he does best last night and showed what we miss big time but there is little doubt that challenge on Horgan - which was hard but fair - is exactly the sort of thing he was booked and sometimes sent off for when with us.

flash
31-10-2019, 05:56 AM
He should have been sent off for elbowing Hallberg before a corner in the first 5 minutes. Was verging on assault.

BILLYHIBS
31-10-2019, 05:57 AM
I thought Big Marv played very well first half last night showed exactly what we are missing though you still get that nagging doubt that Hecky would not play him even if he was still here

Tired a bit second half and his tackles became late and desperate

In the post match interview came out and said HIBS are in a false position and that Scotty appologised to him after the game for the pen

Better option than Vela but Hallberg is getting stronger and better and better every game and once he can last a full ninety minutes will be a real player for us

supermcginn
31-10-2019, 05:58 AM

Lol sure. 😂

green day
31-10-2019, 06:02 AM
I can understand why we got rid of Bartley and Milligan - both were ageing DMs who would struggle to last the full season.

However, not to replace them with a new DM was ludicrous, and that is entirely the managers fault.

Unless we get rid of the manager and recruit a DM (even one on loan for the season) we will continue to be soft as ***** through the middle and continue to be stuck at the wrong end of the table.

Frankly, Bartley would walk into our team right now - and that doesnt mean i want him back, its more a reflection of how poorly we recruited in the summer.

p.s. I love big Marv, and it was never a pen for a shove on Allan

staunchhibby
31-10-2019, 06:48 AM
Why was no action taken by ref when there was clear elbow to hibs player in the box.Feel that should have been straight red.com

calumhibee1
31-10-2019, 06:49 AM
I can understand why we got rid of Bartley and Milligan - both were ageing DMs who would struggle to last the full season.

However, not to replace them with a new DM was ludicrous, and that is entirely the managers fault.

Unless we get rid of the manager and recruit a DM (even one on loan for the season) we will continue to be soft as ***** through the middle and continue to be stuck at the wrong end of the table.

Frankly, Bartley would walk into our team right now - and that doesnt mean i want him back, its more a reflection of how poorly we recruited in the summer.

I haven’t seen it back but I thought at the game it looked a stonewaller?

Centre Hawf
31-10-2019, 06:52 AM
If you watch the replay of his tackle on Horgan he gets the ball first then just catches Horgan on the follow through naturally. Nothing wrong with the tackle, not a foul, not a card, and a tackle I wish a Hibs player could make at this point in time.

Edinburgh Green
31-10-2019, 06:52 AM
His tackle on Horgan was a shocker, like to see it again but at the match it looked like a straight red. Did the ref even speak to him afterwards?

JimBHibees
31-10-2019, 06:54 AM
Ref was terrible and didn't give us much and where I was sitting was a pen on Allan. This is the same guy who swore at Hecky at Derby when hecky said he would knock his teeth out so maybe something personal there. His decisions were brutal all night.

JimBHibees
31-10-2019, 06:57 AM
His tackle on Horgan was a shocker, like to see it again but at the match it looked like a straight red. Did the ref even speak to him afterwards?

No ignored it even though 2 yards away as he ignored the elbow early doors the wrestle on doidge the handball pen apart from that he was good. :rolleyes: 2 of them given to us and we win maybe :greengrin possible agenda from the weegie refs clique.

BILLYHIBS
31-10-2019, 07:10 AM
I haven’t seen it back but I thought at the game it looked a stonewaller?

:no way:

BoomtownHibees
31-10-2019, 07:12 AM
Ref was terrible and didn't give us much and where I was sitting was a pen on Allan. This is the same guy who swore at Hecky at Derby when hecky said he would knock his teeth out so maybe something personal there. His decisions were brutal all night.

It wasn’t a pen. Bartley never touched Allan

Hibeewilly
31-10-2019, 07:21 AM

Mulumbu is available and exactly what we need.....you have to wonder why he is still without a club though

we are hibs
31-10-2019, 07:24 AM
The referee was looking right at both Bartley and Hallberg at the time. Wasnt even an arm across just a blatant elbow. He shouldve been off.

matty_f
31-10-2019, 07:26 AM
It wasn’t a pen. Bartley never touched Allan

Never a penalty in a million years, wouldn't be surprised to see Allan miss a game or two with a ban for the dive.

Tyler Durden
31-10-2019, 07:45 AM
If you watch the replay of his tackle on Horgan he gets the ball first then just catches Horgan on the follow through naturally. Nothing wrong with the tackle, not a foul, not a card, and a tackle I wish a Hibs player could make at this point in time.

Nothing wrong with the tackle perhaps if the year was 1976.

That’s a red card in today’s football and it’s ridiculous that the ref stands and watches that from yards away and doesn’t produce a yellow at least.

WeeRussell
31-10-2019, 07:54 AM

Wasn’t there last night but I find this very hard to believe considering he rightly got in our team which was lightyears ahead of this.

Centre Hawf
31-10-2019, 07:54 AM
Nothing wrong with the tackle perhaps if the year was 1976.

That’s a red card in today’s football and it’s ridiculous that the ref stands and watches that from yards away and doesn’t produce a yellow at least.

Can't agree I'm afraid. He gets the ball then catches Horgan on the follow through. It's a sore one but it's not even a foul for me.

Frazerbob
31-10-2019, 08:18 AM

Another who hasn’t seen it back in TV but if it was a shove on Allan then surely that’s a pen?

BILLYHIBS
31-10-2019, 08:32 AM
Another who hasn’t seen it back in TV but if it was a shove on Allan then surely that’s a pen?

Yip!

Try and watch it on TV Bob Bartley pulls out of the tackle there is no shove SA just slips and goes to ground

Dems t breaks I suppose they even out over the season :greengrin

Unseen work
31-10-2019, 08:36 AM
Aye it was a blatant dive from Allan, no contact at all.

Brilliant

calumhibee1
31-10-2019, 08:38 AM
Surprised at that. It didn’t even cross my mind at the game that it possibly wasn’t a penalty I was that certain he’d been clipped. Oh well :greengrin

Captain Trips
31-10-2019, 08:39 AM
Not sure if footing lost or what but no contact made.

Scouse Hibee
31-10-2019, 08:41 AM
Those lessons from Mane are paying off.

Eyrie
31-10-2019, 10:45 AM
Looking at the TV footage Bartley's left leg catches Allan's right foot. Doesn't look intentional, just Bartley getting too close to a running player, but it did put Allan off balance which is why he ends up on his knees and that makes it a penalty.

BILLYHIBS
31-10-2019, 10:59 AM
Looking at the TV footage Bartley's left leg catches Allan's right foot. Doesn't look intentional, just Bartley getting too close to a running player, but it did put Allan off balance which is why he ends up on his knees and that makes it a penalty.

Bartley doesn’t touch him by the time Bartley gets close SA is already on his knees

Liam978
31-10-2019, 11:07 AM
I couldn’t get over the the give and go in the first half near the West’,played it inside then went flying up the wing for the return. As PB says he gave the type of performancethat opposition fans love to hate.
And it was never a penalty.

Ah well it's a case of what comes around ultimately goes around. He should have been off and a pen awarded for that elbow on Hallberg. That was not the Marvin we all now and love.

Carheenlea
31-10-2019, 11:36 AM

Not seen the TV footage yet, but I had a very good sight line on it from my seat and looked a penalty at the time. Won’t complain if it wasn’t.

CRAZYHIBBY
31-10-2019, 11:50 AM
Did marv get a good reception from the fans

Alan62
31-10-2019, 11:53 AM
Lol sure. 😂

While we all love Marvin Bartley for his work ethic and complete commitment to the cause, I think we all agree that he's a pretty limited footballer.

If he was still in our squad he would, undoubtedly, be involved as a squad player but I don't think he'd be a first pick in most games. He's not better than Hallberg who showed last night that he's getting better and better every game as his fitness improves. I'd have him in every day of the week ahead of Vela but, then, unless Vela gets his act together, he's going to be watching a lot of football this season. He wouldn't displace Allan in midfield so that means you pretty much have to put Marv in instead of Mallan and repurpose Hallberg. While Marv is a better defender than Mallan (and let's face it, most players are) young Stevie is our main goal threat at the moment - both from set pieces and open play. A lot of people want him out the team but a hypothetical Hibs team with Bartley in for Mallan alongside our current crop pretty much guarantees that we'd score fewer goals.

Also, people are hollering for two up top which would further reduce the likelihood of Bartley being selected as a first choice.

It's all academic anyway. He's a Livingston player now and he'll do a good job for them.

we are hibs
31-10-2019, 12:28 PM
While we all love Marvin Bartley for his work ethic and complete commitment to the cause, I think we all agree that he's a pretty limited footballer.

If he was still in our squad he would, undoubtedly, be involved as a squad player but I don't think he'd be a first pick in most games. He's not better than Hallberg who showed last night that he's getting better and better every game as his fitness improves. I'd have him in every day of the week ahead of Vela but, then, unless Vela gets his act together, he's going to be watching a lot of football this season. He wouldn't displace Allan in midfield so that means you pretty much have to put Marv in instead of Mallan and repurpose Hallberg. While Marv is a better defender than Mallan (and let's face it, most players are) young Stevie is our main goal threat at the moment - both from set pieces and open play. A lot of people want him out the team but a hypothetical Hibs team with Bartley in for Mallan alongside our current crop pretty much guarantees that we'd score fewer goals.

Also, people are hollering for two up top which would further reduce the likelihood of Bartley being selected as a first choice.

It's all academic anyway. He's a Livingston player now and he'll do a good job for them.

Mallan has scored 2 goals this season. Allan has been much more of a goal threat than anyone else this season - Strikers included.

Alan62
31-10-2019, 12:37 PM
Mallan has scored 2 goals this season. Allan has been much more of a goal threat than anyone else this season - Strikers included.

He has. One less than our top scorer who is, indeed, Allan. We've only scored 12 goals. Marv never scored any goals. In fact, we've had goalkeepers who scored more goals than Marv.

The point I'm making is that Mallan does score goals and that's why it's hard to leave him out of the team. Also it's an undeniable fact that Mallan scores more goals than Bartley.

snedzuk
31-10-2019, 02:28 PM
Noticed Marv was playing with a finger bandage on last night - just sayin'

B.H.F.C
31-10-2019, 02:55 PM

The strikers probably pose the least threat in our team. Last night, I’m not sure if Doidge or Kamberi had a proper effort on goal between them.

And it’s not all down to lack of service. Lack of desire to really get in to the box and get on the end of things. Doidge seems to be able to win his fair share of headers in terms of knocking things down for others but never really seems to attack the ball in a way that might result in him actually testing the goalie.