Hanlon

Boyle
Mallan
Hallberg
Allan
Stevenson

Doidge
Kamberi

I think we should give the 3-5-2 a go and bring in Whittaker who could slot into right back if a change in formation is required. I don’t know if Boyle would be fit enough to start but if we could give him an hour at least that would be great. We have leaked too many goals at the back recently, could this be down to communication from the goalkeeper to his defence? Anyway I’d like to see Rocky back between the sticks.

B.H.F.C
31-10-2019, 12:23 AM
What I think he’ll do.

Maxwell

James
Jackson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Mallan
Vela
Hallberg
Allan
Horgan

Doidge

we are hibs
31-10-2019, 08:43 AM
What I think he’ll do.

Maxwell

James
Jackson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Mallan
Vela
Hallberg
Allan
Horgan

Doidge

It will be this. 10 men behind the ball. No one supporting doidge. Genuinely dont see how we will get out our own half if we win the ball back.

Brightside
31-10-2019, 08:44 AM
Anything as long as Allan and Mallan don't play together. It will be a 4231 formation.

Danderhall Hibs
31-10-2019, 09:00 AM
He said in his interview last night that Boyle’s nowhere near ready to start a game yet.

1van Sprou7e
31-10-2019, 09:24 AM
He said in his interview last night that Boyle’s nowhere near ready to start a game yet.

I'd rather have him off the bench anyway

FilipinoHibs
31-10-2019, 09:31 AM
Marciano

Whittaker
Jackson
Hanlon

Boyle
Mallan
Hallberg
Allan
Stevenson

Doidge
Kamberi

I think we should give the 3-5-2 a go and bring in Whittaker who could slot into right back if a change in formation is required. I don’t know if Boyle would be fit enough to start but if we could give him an hour at least that would be great. We have leaked too many goals at the back recently, could this be down to communication from the goalkeeper to his defence? Anyway I’d like to see Rocky back between the sticks.

No way Rocky will play. Maxwell had
s steadied the defense and is a lot more decisive in dealing with crosses and goingg out to break up attacks. Good with ball at his feet and quick distribution.Big part of 6 in a row.

Whitaker wasn't a great defender in his heyday. Losing pace means he would be badly exposed to Celtic's attacks even in a back 3.

heretoday
31-10-2019, 09:35 AM
Boyle's got to start!

.Sean.
31-10-2019, 10:22 AM
I’d have a half fit and up for it Boyle over jokers like Mallan, Vela, Doidge, Newell. Get him in from the start, preferably up top with Kamberi and have a go at these Celtic ****s

makaveli1875
31-10-2019, 10:26 AM
Rocky

Naismith
Jackson
Hanlon
Whittaker
Stevenson

Boyle
Shaw
Doidge
Kamberi
Middleton

5-0-5
For all the good the midfield have been we might as well not have 1 .

1van Sprou7e
31-10-2019, 10:29 AM
I’d have a half fit and up for it Boyle over jokers like Mallan, Vela, Doidge, Newell. Get him in from the start, preferably up top with Kamberi and have a go at these Celtic ****s

Nah we need doidge on this game, he's not gonna be much of a goal threat but he did a good job as a defensive forward against Celtic last time

One Day Soon
31-10-2019, 10:32 AM
I genuinely struggle to pick a team that isn’t going to be cut to pieces on that size of Hampden pitch by that Celtic team. I miss being a Happy Clapper and it’s a pretty schizophrenic existence bewailing and itemising PH’s dismally turgid Hibs on here and then going along to games cheering them on and being as positive as possible for 90 minutes only to be kicked in the balls game after game after game.

IFONLY
31-10-2019, 11:28 AM
I genuinely struggle to pick a team that isn’t going to be cut to pieces on that size of Hampden pitch by that Celtic team. I miss being a Happy Clapper and it’s a pretty schizophrenic existence bewailing and itemising PH’s dismally turgid Hibs on here and then going along to games cheering them on and being as positive as possible for 90 minutes only to be kicked in the balls game after game after game.

Pitch is the same size as ER is it not

Scorrie
31-10-2019, 02:00 PM
Pitch is the same size as ER is it not

Yep.. and we’re rubbish on that one as well!

Diclonius
31-10-2019, 02:04 PM
Irrelevant.

CloudSquall
31-10-2019, 02:09 PM
....................Marciano.....................

...........Jackson Hanlon James..........

....................Hallberg...................... ...

....Boyle....Mallan.....Allan.....Middleton

..........Kamberi.........Doidge.................. ..

Celtic will cut through that at will but we might be able to lay a glove on them if we go at them.

I'm looking forward to seeing the reality which will be the golden 451 formation with Doidge head of the line once again.

scoopyboy
31-10-2019, 02:15 PM
Every game folk go for a 3-5-2 formation.

Why can't they understand he doesn't do it, end of.

Hoping this comes back to bite me in the bum by the way:greengrin

hibby6270
31-10-2019, 02:19 PM
Rocky

Naismith
Jackson
Hanlon
Whittaker
Stevenson

Boyle
Shaw
Doidge
Kamberi
Middleton

5-0-5
For all the good the midfield have been we might as well not have 1 .

Whilst I applaud your, shall we say, radical approach, a team without Scott Allan reminds me of the day we played Celtic at Hampden without Russel Latapy. That turned out well:rolleyes: and all on a point of principle. No matter how c*ap those are around you, leaving out our most creative player is just asking for a bigger hiding than we currently expect.

Danderhall Hibs
31-10-2019, 02:20 PM
Porteous is suspended isn’t he? Meaning we’ve only got 2 CHs so even more unlikely we’ll go 3-5-2.

J-C
31-10-2019, 02:28 PM
He'll try and keep it tight and try and nick a goal, probably on the counter, more than likely stick to his 4-5-1/4-4-1-1

Maxwell

James
Jackson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Mallan
Vela
Hallberg
Horgan

Allan

Doidge

500miles
31-10-2019, 02:56 PM
.......... Maxwell
. James.Jackson. Hanlon. Stevenson
......Hallberg. Slivka
...........Allan
.....Horgan... Kamberi
......... Doidge

Franck Stanton
31-10-2019, 04:12 PM
No way Rocky will play. Maxwell had
s steadied the defense and is a lot more decisive in dealing with crosses and goingg out to break up attacks. Good with ball at his feet and quick distribution.Big part of 6 in a row.

Whitaker wasn't a great defender in his heyday. Losing pace means he would be badly exposed to Celtic's attacks even in a back 3.

Just a question, but when was the last time Maxwell kept a clean sheet ?

Billy Whizz
31-10-2019, 04:25 PM
Just a question, but when was the last time Maxwell kept a clean sheet ?

We’ve only had 2 clean sheets all season (except Betfred Cup group stages)
Home to St Mirren - Rocky
Away to Killie in Cup - Maxwell

yerauldda
01-11-2019, 03:12 PM
Maxwell
James Whittaker Jackson Hanlon Stevenson
Hallberg Mallan
Allan Boyle
Doidge

Dmas
01-11-2019, 03:19 PM
Maxwell
Naismith Jackson Hanlon Lewis
James whittaker
Horgan Allan Middleton
Doidge

Amit
01-11-2019, 03:49 PM
This line up is unlikely to happen. Celtc will destroy us with their pace in the wide areas. However, a set up like this would hopefully keep us solid at the back and allow us to break with pace.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191101/bbc4660d6a2c65d5b9b43eb8f3ed5e0a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greenbeard
01-11-2019, 03:55 PM
Play for penalties. Go 5-5-0. No-one has tried that before, have they?

Franck Stanton
01-11-2019, 05:12 PM
New keeper
New left back
New right back
New centre half
New centre half
New holding midfielder
New right midfielder
New left midfielder
Scott Allan
New centre forward target man
New centre forward

Most importantly NEW MANAGER.

eastcoasthibby
01-11-2019, 05:20 PM
Why does everyone select Mallan ? His form is getting worse this season and on the Hampden pitch he will get lost ...Whittaker is a better option as a holding midfielder he reads the game better, can pass a ball short and long range, will tackle, will challenge for the ball and shut down players in and around the box, can win headers and can go and take corners and freekicks as well as Mallan if need be so is he not a better all round option for tomorrow ?? Bring Mallan on later on if Allan needs a break !!

Allant1981
01-11-2019, 05:21 PM
Maxwell
James
Jackson
Hanlon
Stevenson
Boyle
Hallberg
Allan
Horgan
Kamberi
Doidge

Jim44
01-11-2019, 05:26 PM
Slightly off topic, but I hear that Lennon has declared S Brown as doubtful for the game.

Billy Whizz
02-11-2019, 12:10 PM
I’ve now idea how we’ll set up. Presuming Jackson will come in for Porteous
Not sure Boyler’s ready for a start, but his confidence will be high after getting on and scoring on Wednesday
The Celtic lad Frimpong, if he plays, is great going forward, but I think he’s poor defender

Let’s hope we’re still in the game around 60 mins, the lesser greens will start to get restless!

Keith_M
02-11-2019, 12:27 PM
I don't care who plays, as long as we're wearing green.

Joe6-2
02-11-2019, 01:00 PM
Marciano

Whittaker
Jackson
Hanlon

Boyle
Mallan
Hallberg
Allan
Stevenson

Doidge
Kamberi

If only the manager would play two up front!