PDA

View Full Version : Atmosphere

wookie70
30-10-2019, 10:56 PM
I though ER was very positive tonight with the fans backing the players and realising that we didn't deserve to be going in at HT behind. There was togetherness for the first time since the Celtc match and that drove the players on in the second half where they really through the kitchen sink at Livi.

I thought we should have won the game comfortably but some terrible finishing and poor defending cost us. Still it was an pretty entertaining game, as far as I was concerned, and there was a good deal more noise with less people in the ground due to, I suspect, a more positive mindset from those that attended. Hopefully, the team will get the same backing in the semi final and games to come and start to get the victories that the performances warrant.

Nicho87
30-10-2019, 11:02 PM
I just get the impression and feeling most have that can’t be arsed feel currently. Lack of inspiration and fight, feeding of what we are witnessing on the park.

Hibeesmad
30-10-2019, 11:09 PM
I got the feeling most people put aside their opinion of Hecky and just wanted to see their team have a go in the second half, which they did.

matty_f
30-10-2019, 11:13 PM
I thought the atmosphere was very angsty and angry up until half time. Second half the crowd definitely got behind the team and it helped, imho.

wookie70
30-10-2019, 11:17 PM
I thought the atmosphere was very angsty and angry up until half time. Second half the crowd definitely got behind the team and it helped, imho.

Agreed about the second half but I was surprised at the backing when we went 2 down. I have to say the signing section have been excellent the last two games. The players are lacking belief and confidence and that is when they need their supporters. They got that tonight and it showed.

matty_f
30-10-2019, 11:20 PM
Agreed about the second half but I was surprised at the backing when we went 2 down. I have to say the signing section have been excellent the last two games. The players are lacking belief and confidence and that is when they need their supporters. They got that tonight and it showed.

:agree:

Criswell
30-10-2019, 11:28 PM
I thought the atmosphere was what you have expected after a a rather lacklustre first-half performance and going behind 0-2. It picked up in the second-half because there was more urgency in our play and Livingston strangely allowed us almost total possession.

NAE NOOKIE
31-10-2019, 12:49 AM

The singing section were excellent after we went 2 - 0 down ... The effort the team put in during the 2nd half definately galvanized the crowd and the more we attacked the better the crowd got which made for quite an enjoyable 2nd half, but as another poster said folk put aside their feelings about the manager for a half to get behind a team who were clearly trying ... in the long run it changes nothing.