PDA

View Full Version : Gordon backing Heckingbottom.

we are hibs
30-10-2019, 10:53 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/paul-heckingbottom-speaks-after-hibs-livingston-draw-and-says-he-has-ron-gordons-backing-823855

Astonishing.

Nicho87
30-10-2019, 10:55 PM
Good god

Sir David Gray
30-10-2019, 10:56 PM
He needs to come out and explain himself publicly to the fans.

Utterly incredible if that is true and totally flies in the face of everything he said when he first took over when he said we would be aiming to be the best of the rest etc.

The proof's in the pudding and we currently find ourselves one point off the bottom of the table.

I'm absolutely amazed that our owner is satisfied with the state of the team right now.

madhatter
30-10-2019, 10:57 PM
Fed up with Hibs. Best of the rest...Did he mean better than the other relegation favourites?

Hibeesmad
30-10-2019, 10:57 PM
Ron’s lack of experience in football could be a major factor in this. I think Petrie would have punted him by now, he got rid of Calderwood and Hughes who had been in better form than this when they left.

Unseen work
30-10-2019, 10:58 PM
I mean at no point there does he say he has his backing?

They went out for dinner and both want the same things. Neither of them are getting what they want so....

BoltonHibee
30-10-2019, 10:59 PM
Would love to hear RG’ take on things... if he thinks PH position is tenable he’s a ****ing stupid ****.

Will hit him in the pocket.... depending on his intentions.

If what PH says is true, we are in the ****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

franck sauzee
30-10-2019, 10:59 PM
Made up headline with no direct quotes at all from Ron or Hecky saying Ron is backing him

Nicho87
30-10-2019, 11:00 PM
Was dempster talking to someone at the end in her seating area?

Saw two people stay behind in directors seats?

Surely being discussed

Vault Boy
30-10-2019, 11:02 PM
Well he backs him until he doesn't, then he's sacked. I think until he's sacked, RG has to say he backs him, even if that backing will only stretch one more game.

I hope that's what it means anyway. Surely there's nothing else to it.

Hibeesmad
30-10-2019, 11:04 PM
Well he backs him until he doesn't, then he's sacked. I think until he's sacked, RG has to say he backs him, even if that backing will only stretch one more game.

I hope that's what it means anyway. Surely there's nothing else to it.

From a business perspective (selling half season tickets, increasing walk ups on match day etc) then I think the best way to go would be to replace him, this reeks of the Fenlon and Calderwood days, thought we had learned from that.

Squirrel 1875
30-10-2019, 11:11 PM
Wow.

Jim44
30-10-2019, 11:15 PM
So he had a meal with RG. So what? Even a condemned prisoner gets a decent last meal.

Diclonius
30-10-2019, 11:22 PM
Vote of confidence incoming.

Hibeesmad
30-10-2019, 11:25 PM
It probably went along the lines of ‘I want to give you time to turn things round, but we need to see an improvement in results asap’. Tonight wouldn’t have made matters better for sure, I believe a hammering on Saturday will see Hecky leave by the end of Monday. A win will no doubt see him survive another week.

HoboHarry
30-10-2019, 11:26 PM
Really nothing in the article that could be argued with.

Diclonius
30-10-2019, 11:26 PM
It probably went along the lines of ‘I want to give you time to turn things round, but we need to see an improvement in results asap’. Tonight wouldn’t have made matters better for sure, I believe a hammering on Saturday will see Hecky leave by the end of Monday. A win will no doubt see him survive another week.

Monday it is then.

jeffers
31-10-2019, 12:09 AM
I can't understand why he would go out for dinner with him and sack him a day or so later, so to me it suggests PH is going nowhere for now. It's about time Ron Gordon told us wtf is going on.

Hibeesmad
31-10-2019, 12:12 AM
I can't understand why he would go out for dinner with him and sack him a day or so later, so to me it suggests PH is going nowhere for now. It's about time Ron Gordon told us wtf is going on.

Delaying the AGM could mean that a target has been set

overdrive
31-10-2019, 05:01 AM
If this is true, RG has lost any goodwill towards him from me. We’d be better off under STF and RP!

Colr
31-10-2019, 05:15 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/paul-heckingbottom-speaks-after-hibs-livingston-draw-and-says-he-has-ron-gordons-backing-823855

Astonishing.

Full backing of the board!!

Allant1981
31-10-2019, 05:18 AM
It doesn't say he backs him at all, wont stop folk who dont read the article having a pop though

calumhibee1
31-10-2019, 05:21 AM
It doesn't say he backs him at all, wont stop folk who dont read the article having a pop though

Yup. There’s nothing in that article saying he backs him.

Heisenberg
31-10-2019, 05:27 AM

Yeah it doesn’t say he’s got his backing at all. Heckingbottom clearly says “they want the same things” which means Hibs to win more ****ing games than they have been and also “football is all about results” which would indicate his woeful performance this season was discussed.

H18 SFR
31-10-2019, 05:36 AM
It's clear Ron is giving Hecky his full support. Like it or not, we need to get behind the players on match days, we can't be creating a negative atmosphere when the players are on the pitch, think of your own experiences in a negative workplace - negativity doesn't cut it.

I really hope we can do our job which is simple, support the team.

If Hecky can't turn it round he will eventually be removed, Ron's position is one of support towards the manager just now, we need to do the same.

SlickShoes
31-10-2019, 05:40 AM
It's clear Ron is giving Hecky his full support. Like it or not, we need to get behind the players on match days, we can't be creating a negative atmosphere when the players are on the pitch, think of your own experiences in a negative workplace - negativity doesn't cut it.

I really hope we can do our job which is simple, support the team.

If Hecky can't turn it round he will eventually be removed, Ron's position is one of support towards the manager just now, we need to do the same.

The only thing creating the atmosphere at games is the players defending horribly and conceding stupid goals

Beefster
31-10-2019, 05:45 AM
It’s easy to back a head coach when you don’t have to suffer his football every week.

Heisenberg
31-10-2019, 05:52 AM
Whatever happens we’ve surely got to get an in depth update from the owner about his plans etc? Or he’ll just **** off back to America and leave Hecky where he is for another two months.

Onion
31-10-2019, 05:53 AM
Wouldn't read too much from that article. But we need to hear from RG and more importantly see some action. All we have so far are a few soundbites from 5 months ago designed to endear him to the Hibs fans ... and silence from our CEO.

Iggy Pope
31-10-2019, 06:03 AM
#alliswell, Banderson, yamonomics remember all that stuff? When the EEN and Scotsman print articles they have made up about Hertz to annoy us, then it’s a crock of ****.
When they print something remotely close to what some of you are dying to read about Hibs it’s lapped up.

The outrage amongst us is now off the scale.

Hibby Kay-Yay
31-10-2019, 06:17 AM

Utterly incredible if that is true and totally flies in the face of everything he said when he first took over when he said we would be aiming to be the best of the rest etc.

The proof's in the pudding and we currently find ourselves one point off the bottom of the table.

I'm absolutely amazed that our owner is satisfied with the state of the team right now.

There are no direct quotes from Ron in that article. What would you want him to say publicly to explain himself? That he went out for a meal with Heck and threatened him with his job? Slated him for the position we are in?

There is nothing in that article that shows that Ron is satisfied with the team.

Let’s just wait and see what happens.

Marvellous
31-10-2019, 06:17 AM

Is he aye

JimBHibees
31-10-2019, 06:22 AM
Made up headline with no direct quotes at all from Ron or Hecky saying Ron is backing him

Absolutely they went for a meal and spoke. No where does it say he is backing the manager.

bingo70
31-10-2019, 06:23 AM
There are no direct quotes from Ron in that article. What would you want him to say publicly to explain himself? That he went out for a meal with Heck and threatened him with his job? Slated him for the position we are in?

There is nothing in that article that shows that Ron is satisfied with the team.

I think the owner going for a meal with the manager potentially 24 hours before a lot of us expected him to be sacked shows a level of support that the fans don’t have.

I know we’ve only heard one side of how the conversation went so hopefully Heckingbottom has misread the tone of the conversation, I’ve got my doubts though, I suspect Ron wants to play the long game with Heckingbottom.

JimBHibees
31-10-2019, 06:23 AM
So he had a meal with RG. So what? Even a condemned prisoner gets a decent last meal.

:greengrin

Pretty Boy
31-10-2019, 06:24 AM
Do people on here go through their entire lives waiting for a 'direct quote' before they make a decision on how to interpret something?

If I meet a client through my work and they say 'we still enjoy working with you but we are considering all aspects of our business' I wouldn't leave and say 'well they didn't directly say we are speaking to a competitor' but I would be pretty certain it was implied and would act accordingly.

Ignoring the sensationalist headline and basing it solely on PHs words I would take from that interview that he retains the backing of our owner and chairman at the moment. 'We had dinner', 'we talk regularly', 'we want the same things etc. None of that suggests a man fearing for his job in the immediate future whether he directly said that or otherwise.

bingo70
31-10-2019, 06:26 AM
Do people on here go through their entire lives waiting for a 'direct quote' before they make a decision on how to interpret something?

If I meet a client through my work and they say 'we still enjoy working with you but we are considering all aspects of our business' I wouldn't leave and say we'll they didn't directly say we are speaking to a competitor but I would be pretty certain it was implied and would act accordingly.

Ignoring the sensationalist headline and basing it solely on PHs words I would take from that interview that he retains the backing of our owner and chairman at the moment. 'We had dinner', 'we talk regularly', 'we want the same things etc. None of that suggests a man fearing for his job in the immediate future whether he directly said that or otherwise.

Agree, It’s like when people ask for evidence.

What evidence could people possibly get on a football forum.

Deansy
31-10-2019, 06:34 AM

That's what I was thinking - hopefully Hecky's 'Last supper' ??

Marvellous
31-10-2019, 06:34 AM

If I meet a client through my work and they say 'we still enjoy working with you but we are considering all aspects of our business' I wouldn't leave and say 'well they didn't directly say we are speaking to a competitor' but I would be pretty certain it was implied and would act accordingly.

He doesn't even imply that he's got his backing.

Pretty Boy
31-10-2019, 06:36 AM
He doesn't even imply that he's got his backing.

I didn't say he did. I said it doesn't read like a man fearing for his job in the short term.

If other interpret it differently then fair enough. My point was the lack of a 'direct quote' doesn't mean you can't read between the lines and reach a conclusion.

Marvellous
31-10-2019, 06:37 AM
I didn't say he did. I said it doesn't read like a man fearing for his job in the short term.

Yeah you did.

Pretty Boy
31-10-2019, 06:39 AM
Yeah you did.

If you can point that out in my post then I'd be grateful.

Marvellous
31-10-2019, 06:39 AM

Ignoring the sensationalist headline and basing it solely on PHs words I would take from that interview that he retains the backing of our owner and chairman at the moment.

Pretty Boy
31-10-2019, 06:41 AM
Ignoring the sensationalist headline and basing it solely on PHs words I would take from that interview that he retains the backing of our owner and chairman at the moment.

That's not implying he said he has his backing. That's reading what he said and reaching my own conclusion on where we are.

I don't suggest at any point RG has explicitly said 'you have my backing 100%'.

Marvellous
31-10-2019, 06:45 AM
That's not implying he said he has his backing. That's reading what he said and reaching my own conclusion on where we are.

I don't suggest at any point RG has explicitly said 'you have my backing 100%'.

There is nothing in what Heckingbottom said to even suggest he's got the owner's backing.

He also said this:

“Let’s not kid our selves, football is about results. Anyone who thinks different is deluded"

Sir David Gray
31-10-2019, 06:55 AM

Is he aye

The fact that Paul Heckingbottom remains as manager suggests that Ron Gordon still supports him.

Pretty Boy
31-10-2019, 06:56 AM

There is nothing in what Heckingbottom said to even suggest he's got the owner's backing.

He also said this:

“Let’s not kid our selves, football is about results. Anyone who thinks different is deluded"

I actually can't even argue with this nonsense.

If you have failed to grasp what I have said thus far you are never going to get it.

Marvellous
31-10-2019, 06:58 AM
I actually can't even argue with this nonsense.

If you have failed to grasp what I have said thus far you are never going to get it.

I've grasped what you've said fine thanks, in spite of the fact that you keep going back and editing what you've posted.

Pretty Boy
31-10-2019, 07:00 AM
I've grasped that you've said fine thanks, in spite of the fact that you keep going back and editing what you've posted.

I edited my 1st post once because my phone autocorrected well to we'll.

I edited the 2nd post to add a final point to emphasise my 1st. Neither of which changed the general point I was making.

And you evidently didn't grasp my point. I'm not implying that, I'm saying it.

Marvellous
31-10-2019, 07:07 AM
I edited my 1st post once because my phone autocorrected well to we'll.

I edited the 2nd post to add a final point to emphasise my 1st. Neither of which changed the general point I was making.

And you evidently didn't grasp my point. I'm not implying that, I'm saying it.

There's nothing in your post open to interpretation:

"Ignoring the sensationalist headline and basing it solely on PHs words I would take from that interview that he retains the backing of our owner and chairman at the moment"

There is nothing said by anyone in that interview to suggest that Heckingottom has the owners backing.

Pretty Boy
31-10-2019, 07:13 AM
There's nothing in your post open to interpretation:

"Ignoring the sensationalist headline and basing it solely on PHs words I would take from that interview that he retains the backing of our owner and chairman at the moment"

There is nothing said by anyone in that interview to suggest that Heckingottom has the owners backing.

Further proof you don't get it. If you don't see how I have reached that conclusion then fine. Let's leave it, I'm frankly bored now.

Pedantic, argumentative nonsense just for the sake of it.

green with envy
31-10-2019, 07:14 AM
Only according to heckingbottom....

Paul Heckingbottom speaks after Hibs-Livingston draw and says he has Ron Gordon's backing

Marvellous
31-10-2019, 07:17 AM
Further proof you don't get it. If you don't see how I have reached that conclusion then fine. Let's leave it, I'm frankly bored now.

Pedantic, argumentative nonsense just for the sake of it.

You said you were basing it purely on PH's words. As others have correctly said: those words which which you are basing it on don't imply the conclusion you've drawn at all :aok:

makaveli1875
31-10-2019, 07:21 AM
Gordon can get to **** with Honkingbottom if he thinks this is good enough

we are hibs
31-10-2019, 07:23 AM
Ok gordon isnt backing him then.

So he will be sacked today then yes?

Thought not.

KeithTheHibby
31-10-2019, 07:23 AM
More *****y headlines from a dreadful paper,

The 90+2
31-10-2019, 07:30 AM
Ok gordon isnt backing him then.

So he will be sacked today then yes?

Thought not.

Exactly. There’s the actual conclusion in all of it.

Marvellous
31-10-2019, 07:33 AM
Exactly. There’s the actual conclusion in all of it.

Not sacking him today doesn't mean that he's not a ball hair away from getting sacked, which he could well be - we don't know.

we are hibs
31-10-2019, 07:36 AM
Not sacking him today doesn't mean that he's not a ball hair away from getting sacked, which he could well be - we don't know.

If hes not sacked today then hes taking charge on saturday. Which is a joke.

Chorley Hibee
31-10-2019, 07:38 AM
He shouldn't have had his backing yesterday, today or any time going forward. The longer this goes on the further damage it is causing the club.

He should be sacked!

Our owner and board are now part of the problem.

Silversand
31-10-2019, 07:44 AM
Perhaps RG has a "50 things to do when a football club owner" list & the dreaded "backed by the board" is one of them?

[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

GoalsMcGinley
31-10-2019, 07:46 AM
Hearing LD wants rid but Gordon wants to keep him.

Heisenberg
31-10-2019, 07:46 AM
Hearing LD wants rid but Gordon wants to keep him.

Was this rumour not going about except the other way round a month or two ago?

If it’s true then hopefully someone gets the message to him loud and clear before he ****s off again. He can’t surely be that naive to think it’s a good idea to keep him in a job.

GoalsMcGinley
31-10-2019, 07:52 AM

If it’s true then hopefully someone gets the message to him loud and clear before he ****s off again. He can’t surely be that naive to think it’s a good idea to keep him in a job.

Was all over hospitality last night that rumour and tbh it looked really frosty between the 2 in the stand.

SickBoy32
31-10-2019, 07:53 AM
What a ****ing farce.

Disgraceful negligence from the board.

lucky
31-10-2019, 08:40 AM
Regardless of how crap the journalism is the fact is PH is still at Hibs which means Ron Gordon backs him

ekhibee
31-10-2019, 09:45 AM
Regardless of how crap the journalism is the fact is PH is still at Hibs which means Ron Gordon backs him

This.

Fife-Hibee
31-10-2019, 09:52 AM
Why is anybody shocked by this? If Ron didn't back him, he'd already be gone.

emerald green
31-10-2019, 10:27 AM
Whether or not Mr Gordon backs Heckingbottom, things seem badly awry at ER both on and off the pitch.

Had the Livingston player not missed the simplest of chances to make the score 1-3 last night, Hibs would very probably have be sitting at the bottom of what is a very poor league this morning.

Sitting one point above bottom place is in no way acceptable for a club of Hibs size and resources compared to most clubs in this league outwith the OF.

Yes, Hibs have gone through terrible spells in their past history, resulting in relegation, but that is no excuse for the same thing to be happening yet again. Especially so soon after at last winning the Scottish Cup, getting out of the Championship, record season ticket sales, 3rd largest home crowds (last season), and money on top being donated by HSL.

The supporters are surely within their rights to demand and expect more now. Instead, they find their club in what is currently looking like they will be in a dog-fight to avoid the drop again unless results improve dramatically. There has been no sign of that since the league split last season.

Fuzzywuzzy
31-10-2019, 10:31 AM
Can I ask what the attendance looked like last night? I read that it was over 14k. Was it anywhere near that? I couldn't make it last night as I had training rules out Wednesday games for me.

hibsbollah
31-10-2019, 10:34 AM

This would explain LD's uncharacteristic radio silence recently.

Chorley Hibee
31-10-2019, 10:42 AM
Can I ask what the attendance looked like last night? I read that it was over 14k. Was it anywhere near that? I couldn't make it last night as I had training rules out Wednesday games for me.

Nowhere near, lucky if it was over 10k.

The fact that circa 4k people had tickets but didn't go should be the wake up call this board needs.

It won't be though.

Bristolhibby
31-10-2019, 10:44 AM
TBF, usually when a embattled manager gets “full backing” it’s a pre cursor to a sacking.

J

hughio
31-10-2019, 10:50 AM
If you were Boss would you sack him 2 days before a semi-final Cup competition?
No.

On Monday things might be different.

And then there's all his signings to deal with...expensive excercise.

makaveli1875
31-10-2019, 10:52 AM
No.

If i was the boss he'd have been gone after the Hearts game and we'd already have a new manager in place for the semi final

hughio
31-10-2019, 11:05 AM
If i was the boss he'd have been gone after the Hearts game and we'd already have a new manager in place for the semi final

Who?

makaveli1875
31-10-2019, 11:14 AM
Who?

if i was in charge Jack Ross

The 90+2
31-10-2019, 11:17 AM
No.

Too right. Get all his signings in the bin.

hughio
31-10-2019, 11:21 AM
if i was in charge Jack Ross

:agree:

Speedway
31-10-2019, 11:22 AM
The only conclusion I can draw at this point is Ron-anov has said to the board:

'I wiped out your debt, I gave you 7 figures to play with, I sanctioned your expensive signings and I'm not chucking any more money at it for the time being, now ******* make it work'

I can see no other reason why Bottom is still in charge.

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-10-2019, 11:42 AM
The January spend will show how firm the backing is?

The 90+2
31-10-2019, 11:44 AM

That fills me with complete and utter dread. We will be rock bottom looking for loans down south.

Is It On....
31-10-2019, 12:20 PM
"We want to be up where we were last year". Implying 5th is our aspiration is appalling..

Keith_M
31-10-2019, 12:30 PM
Please point out where he said that...

“He’s been great. Let’s not kid our selves, football is about results. Anyone who thinks different is deluded,

“We get on great, have similar ideas, both want to be successful. We want to be up where we were last year. The club would also like to progress in cup competitions.

‘But no specific targets. We have that regular contact, so it is discussed. The chairman is keen to build something" sustainable, being a team who are regularly in Europe, not a yo-yo team. That’s what everyone wants.”

Danderhall Hibs
31-10-2019, 12:54 PM
Please point out where he said that...

“He’s been great. Let’s not kid our selves, football is about results. Anyone who thinks different is deluded,

“We get on great, have similar ideas, both want to be successful. We want to be up where we were last year. The club would also like to progress in cup competitions.

‘But no specific targets. We have that regular contact, so it is discussed. The chairman is keen to build something" sustainable, being a team who are regularly in Europe, not a yo-yo team. That’s what everyone wants.”

It doesn’t matter what he says it’ll be changed and/or twisted to make it sound terrible.

The 90+2
31-10-2019, 01:02 PM
It doesn’t matter what he says it’ll be changed and/or twisted to make it sound terrible.

Only when we have won twice since April. The same was said before that everyone was finding fault with Petrie and all the disasters that came and went. What happened? We got relegated. Can’t you see similarities or do you just think supporters like having a go at the club for no reason?

Danderhall Hibs
31-10-2019, 01:04 PM
Only when we have won twice since April. The same was said before that everyone was finding fault with Petrie and all the disasters that came and went. What happened? We got relegated. Can’t you see similarities or do you just think supporters like having a go at the club for no reason?

I’m not sure why folk are making stuff up to be honest. It’s making a bad situation even worse.

hibeerealist
31-10-2019, 01:05 PM

He will surely be gone by then

Lago
31-10-2019, 01:06 PM
If this is true, RG has lost any goodwill towards him from me. We’d be better off under STF and RP!
Not sure that will bother him in the least.

The 90+2
31-10-2019, 01:09 PM
I’m not sure why folk are making stuff up to be honest. It’s making a bad situation even worse.

You probably feel the same kind of frustration I get with people saying concerned supporters are using anything to have a go at the club. We are at Terry Butcher levels of rock bottom yet the players are getting bullied and people exaggerated transfer feels that some have an issue with.

Heisenberg
31-10-2019, 03:52 PM
When will we next hear from Ron? If it’s not before he ****s off back home I’ll start to get worried about his grand plans.

Gerard
31-10-2019, 04:04 PM
When will we next hear from Ron? If it’s not before he ****s off back home I’ll start to get worried about his grand plans.

Hibs until recently have been informative when telling us about things happening at our club.
It would be useful to know when the AGM will take place and what RG's plans for the club are. He has not communicated to the fans for 3 months. We need to know in more detail what his plans for the club are

Keith_M
31-10-2019, 05:05 PM
You probably feel the same kind of frustration I get with people saying concerned supporters are using anything to have a go at the club. We are at Terry Butcher levels of rock bottom yet the players are getting bullied and people exaggerated transfer feels that some have an issue with.

I'm really struggling to get your point.

Nowhere in the article was there a direct quote, from either RG or Heckingbottom, that RG is backing him, but some people are going ballistic over a misleading headline.

Joe6-2
31-10-2019, 06:18 PM

As long as that’s what it was

Leith Green
31-10-2019, 06:22 PM
Looking likely that he is getting the semi final and im guessing the saints game at least now. Im baffled with all this , how do they not see it?

EI255
31-10-2019, 06:26 PM

I'm absolutely amazed that our owner is satisfied with the state of the team right now.Tells you everything really. He's clearly not a football man. Never mind a Hibernian man.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

erin go bragh
31-10-2019, 07:00 PM
Owner publicly backs the manager = He’s sacked next week 🤞

The Harp Awakes
31-10-2019, 07:20 PM
Tells you everything really. He's clearly not a football man. Never mind a Hibernian man.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Worrying times. Ron seems oblivious or uninterested in the feelings of supporters on the situation. What is it going to take to change his mind? A horsing by Celtic on Saturday? Maybe not. The previous horsing by the huns and no wins 2 months later appears to have been acceptable to the owner and Board.

Looks like the accusations of lack of ambition directed at the club after NL's exit are well founded. Acceptance of failure rife amongst our leaders it seems.

ancient hibee
31-10-2019, 07:25 PM
Owner publicly backs the manager = He’s sacked next week 🤞
Won’t happen in this case as he hasn’t publicly backed anyone.

Stokesy's on fire
31-10-2019, 07:26 PM
Ron Gordon...not so sure we are in safe hands with him.

bingo70
31-10-2019, 07:37 PM
Anyone considered Ron might be the one in the right and making an objective decision having taken the emotion out of it?

Don’t get me wrong, I’d have sacked him weeks ago, I was wrong once before though and football fans don’t have the best record for showing patience. Maybe he’s taking the decision with his sensible businessman hat on and not as an irrational football fan?

Just a thought anyway......

Jack Hackett
31-10-2019, 07:45 PM
Anyone considered Ron might be the one in the right and making an objective decision having taken the emotion out of it?

Don’t get me wrong, I’d have sacked him weeks ago, I was wrong once before though and football fans don’t have the best record for showing patience. Maybe he’s taking the decision with his sensible businessman hat on and not as an irrational football fan?

Sorry, but any sensible businessman would look at the impact the current managements ineptitude was having on his customer base and take steps to correct the situation before he loses them.

stevie-bee
31-10-2019, 07:47 PM
Heard tonight from a former player ,
Ron is not happy with the playing side and bad result on Saturday and it’s good bye hicky,
Might be crap

Sir David Gray
31-10-2019, 08:17 PM

I'm not sure I'm following.

How can not sacking a manager that's only won 1 game in 16 league matches be a sensible businessman's decision?

As things stand, we're going to finish, at best, in the bottom 6 and will be taking a significant hit on the season ticket numbers next year.

I'd expect a sensible businessman to understand things like that.

bingo70
31-10-2019, 08:29 PM
I'm not sure I'm following.

How can not sacking a manager that's only won 1 game in 16 league matches be a sensible businessman's decision?

As things stand, we're going to finish, at best, in the bottom 6 and will be taking a significant hit on the season ticket numbers next year.

I'd expect a sensible businessman to understand things like that.

How much will it cost to sack him?
How much will it cost to bring in a new manager?
How much will the new manager want to spend on new signings?
What happens with all these new signings the club have just bought since the summer?

I do know the counter arguments to those points and I would sack him tomorrow if I was in charge but perhaps Ron is looking at it and saying every team goes through a bad run in a season and despite you writing us off, we’re only 4 points off the top 6.

FWIW I don’t think Heckingbottom will turn it around either, I’d happily see him sacked but Ron doesn’t NEED to make a decision now, he can give Heckingbottom the benefit of the doubt for a wee while yet. A win against St Johnstone (how many times have we said similar to that recently?) and there’s a different vibe about the place. (I’m ignoring the Celtic game as a right off)

This isn’t me defending or supporting Heckingbottom, I’m just trying to look at it from Rons perspective.

Sir David Gray
31-10-2019, 08:36 PM
What happens with all these new signings the club have just bought since the summer?

I do know the counter arguments to those points and I would sack him tomorrow if I was in charge but perhaps Ron is looking at it and saying every team goes through a bad run in a season and despite you writing us off, we’re only 4 points off the top 6.

FWIW I don’t think Heckingbottom will turn it around either, I’d happily see him sacked but Ron doesn’t NEED to make a decision now, he can give Heckingbottom the benefit of the doubt for a wee while yet. A win against St Johnstone (how many times have we said similar to that recently?) and there’s a different vibe about the place. (I’m ignoring the Celtic game as a right off)

This isn’t me defending or supporting Heckingbottom, I’m just trying to look at it from Rons perspective.

I know you're just playing devil's advocate here and I think we've discussed this before but he must surely be considering the cost of NOT sacking him. The cost of thousands of non-renewals for season tickets next season. The cost of possibly being relegated. The cost of losing the few valuable assets we still have and having to replace them with inferior players because we can't afford quality replacements due to the other reasons above.

I can't believe a businessman isn't considering these issues.

Captain Trips
31-10-2019, 08:37 PM

Well the first thing Ron can see is how much money did Hibs lose out on last night simply really due to the footballing aspects. Of course some people would not have went irrespective of how we are doing some STs might not have made it either. How many walk ups though didnt go due to the situation 500,1000,1500 maybe 700 or 800 x Gate money. PH regime cost the club money last night.

bingo70
31-10-2019, 08:40 PM
I know you're just playing devil's advocate here and I think we've discussed this before but he must surely be considering the cost of NOT sacking him. The cost of thousands of non-renewals for season tickets next season. The cost of possibly being relegated. The cost of losing the few valuable assets we still have and having to replace them with inferior players because we can't afford quality replacements due to the other reasons above.

I can't believe a businessman isn't considering these issues.

That’s why I think the board will only act when we get cut adrift at the bottom of the league. We’re not there yet and I wouldn’t rule us out from getting there but as it stands right now there’s still time for Heckingbottom to either turn it around (can’t see it) or fail and bring in a new manager in time to salvage things before next season.

Bobby's Cinema
31-10-2019, 08:47 PM
The only conclusion I can draw at this point is Ron-anov has said to the board:

'I wiped out your debt, I gave you 7 figures to play with, I sanctioned your expensive signings and I'm not chucking any more money at it for the time being, now ******* make it work'

I can see no other reason why Bottom is still in charge.
Putting myself in his shoes I could understand that TBH.

Beefster
31-10-2019, 08:55 PM
Heard tonight from a former player ,
Ron is not happy with the playing side and bad result on Saturday and it’s good bye hicky,
Might be crap

No offence but that’s the third or fourth different rumour about Heckingbottom being sacked this week. Every one of them has turned out to be wrong so far so I don’t hold out much hope for yours.

Sir David Gray
31-10-2019, 08:56 PM
That’s why I think the board will only act when we get cut adrift at the bottom of the league. We’re not there yet and I wouldn’t rule us out from getting there but as it stands right now there’s still time for Heckingbottom to either turn it around (can’t see it) or fail and bring in a new manager in time to salvage things before next season.

Where does that fit into Ron Gordon's stated ambition to make us "the best of the rest"?

We are massively underachieving at the moment as it is, we surely don't need to be 6 or 7 points adrift at the bottom of the league before action is taken?

We're already 8 points away from where we ought to be which is in the top 5.

greenlex
31-10-2019, 08:58 PM
Where does that fit into Ron Gordon's stated ambition to make us "the best of the rest"?

We are massively underachieving at the moment as it is, we surely don't need to be 6 or 7 points adrift at the bottom of the league before action is taken?

That’s the thing about ambition. It’s something to strive for. 8 points over ten games isn’t really that much. Neither is nine right enough.:greengrin

bingo70
31-10-2019, 08:59 PM

I think that was his longer term plan, not his pre-Christmas target for his first season.

Unseen work
31-10-2019, 09:01 PM
Gordon has been the owner only a couple of months and already is facing a massive decision which fans will judge him for for his whole tenure.

He bought us in July? And when he came in it all sounded very positive. Debt cleared, injecting a 7 figure sum and its up to Leanne and her team to decide how to use it best

He also said he wants us to be best of the rest and hopefully in time challenge the old firm.

If he genuinely wants that then Hecky has to go, for a spell last night we were bottom of the league after a full round of fixtures being played. A dive from Allan, livi missing an open goal and Boyle saved the result but does not change anything.

It will cost money to replace him. But it will cost him even more money if this rubbish continues and we end up relegated and losing season ticket holders. Fans just about accepted it last time, but twice in 5/6 years? Not a hope in hell.

The feel good feeling and upward trajectory the club was going in has massively stalled and is now going backwards at a worrying rate, undoing all the previous years of hard work.

It’s a very simple decision imo - Heckingbottom has to go.

Viva_Palmeiras
31-10-2019, 09:11 PM
From Peruvian descent i find it hard to believe the mans name isn’t Ronaldo.

Sir David Gray
31-10-2019, 09:21 PM
I think that was his longer term plan, not his pre-Christmas target for his first season.

I find it hard to understand how being one point above the bottom of the league more than a quarter of the way through the season fits into either his short or long term ambitions.

bingo70
31-10-2019, 09:29 PM
I find it hard to understand how being one point above the bottom of the league more than a quarter of the way through the season fits into either his short or long term ambitions.

It doesn’t, we’re not where he’d want us to be right now.

He obviously just feels we’re not at the rip it up and start again stage yet though.

Mixu1875
31-10-2019, 09:37 PM
I said a few weeks ago Hecky had until Christmas. It looks increasingly likely this is how it’s going to play out. Although, the Yams getting rid of the loser might force us to act quicker.

Andy74
31-10-2019, 09:42 PM

He obviously just feels we’re not at the rip it up and start again stage yet though.

It’s a bit like being a long term fund manager. If you react every time to short term ups or downs chances are you don’t make money long term.

The best have a long term view that they have to hold to even when that might mean short term pain now and again.

I can see where you’ve been coming from today. I’d have got rid weeks ago but that might not have helped. Bad spells happen. We decided to get shot of Lennon. Are we going to do better than that? Doubt it.

Sir David Gray
31-10-2019, 09:51 PM

Clearly that's the case but I just don't get it.

The standards and expectations have dropped so much in the last few months it's actually quite shocking.

In the last few seasons, a 2-2 home draw v Livingston would have been universally condemned as not being good enough, even if we had come back from 2-0 down at half time. Now we're seeing people saying maybe things aren't that bad because we had a decent 45 minutes against Livingston.

In previous seasons we used to compete more often than not against Celtic and Rangers and when we came away with a defeat at Parkhead and Ibrox people were disappointed. Now we've got people writing off Saturday's semi final even before it's started.

It's not good enough, Hibs are one of the biggest clubs in the country, one of the best supported clubs in the country and has one of the biggest budgets in the country.

Where we are just now is a shambles and Ron Gordon has to stand up and be counted.

jacomo
31-10-2019, 10:00 PM
Sorry, but any sensible businessman would look at the impact the current managements ineptitude was having on his customer base and take steps to correct the situation before he loses them.

Any sensible businessman would not change course without having a good idea of what the new plan is going to look like.

I can’t imagine Ron is happy right now, but he may be unhappy with the alternatives being presented to him. We simply don’t know.

pacoluna
31-10-2019, 10:07 PM
Clearly that's the case but I just don't get it.

The standards and expectations have dropped so much in the last few months it's actually quite shocking.

In the last few seasons, a 2-2 home draw v Livingston would have been universally condemned as not being good enough, even if we had come back from 2-0 down at half time. Now we're seeing people saying maybe things aren't that bad because we had a decent 45 minutes against Livingston.

In previous seasons we used to compete more often than not against Celtic and Rangers and when we came away with a defeat at Parkhead and Ibrox people were disappointed. Now we've got people writing off Saturday's semi final even before it's started.

It's not good enough, Hibs are one of the biggest clubs in the country, one of the best supported clubs in the country and has one of the biggest budgets in the country.

Where we are just now is a shambles and Ron Gordon has to stand up and be counted.

The last few seasons ? I seem to recall us getting beat from morton, Dumbarton, QOTS, RAITH and alloa within 6 weeks.

JimBHibees
31-10-2019, 10:32 PM
"We want to be up where we were last year". Implying 5th is our aspiration is appalling..

Seems quite an ambitious one at the moment.

Sir David Gray
31-10-2019, 10:39 PM
The last few seasons ? I seem to recall us getting beat from morton, Dumbarton, QOTS, RAITH and alloa within 6 weeks.

And did anyone on here find these results remotely acceptable?

Greenworld
01-11-2019, 06:23 AM
Any sensible businessman would not change course without having a good idea of what the new plan is going to look like.

I can’t imagine Ron is happy right now, but he may be unhappy with the alternatives being presented to him. We simply don’t know.It wouldn't matter what was presented to him in terms of a new coach he wouldn't know if it was good or bad.
He is totally reliant on LD and GM to pick a new manager.
They have got this one spectacularly wrong and if he is not gone after the game tomorrow easter road will be empty.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
01-11-2019, 06:37 AM
Thread on kickback and Budge saying LD and Ron went to visit Tynecastle last few days to look at facilities ?

Seems odd - not sure if anyone has anymore information.

.Sean.
01-11-2019, 07:00 AM
Can’t believe he’s STILL not been sacked. ****ing sickening.

Literally every last ounce of feel good factor has gone and will not be back any time soon. Cup win and that team we had, togetherness between fans and squad, gone. All because of that appointment and the absolute stubbornness to sack him.

Meanwhile Hearts see sense and will turn a corner more than likely, while we repeat the same mistakes that seen us relegated last time.

WAKE UP HIBS FFS!!!!!!!!!!!

The refusal to sack him will cost hundreds of thousands if not millions, when walk ups are non existent, and season ticket holders are down by about 30-40%.

matty_f
01-11-2019, 07:05 AM

Surely he'd only need to interpret what you said rather than needing a direct quote? :greengrin

Captain Trips
01-11-2019, 07:59 AM
Thread on kickback and Budge saying LD and Ron went to visit Tynecastle last few days to look at facilities ?

Just wanted cheering up.

FilipinoHibs
01-11-2019, 08:16 AM

Think a complete wind up. Could see them meeting with Budge to discuss business/football in general but not to look round their lack of facilities.

Betty Boop
01-11-2019, 08:17 AM

Maybe we're merging ?::offski:

18Craig75
01-11-2019, 09:32 AM
Think a complete wind up. Could see them meeting with Budge to discuss business/football in general but not to look round their lack of facilities.

They’re facilities are in a different league to ours. They make the club money year round, every day. Since Budge came in they’ve been behind us in a football sense, but off the park she has totally revamped their commercial operations and they now blow us out of the water.

Having said that I’m sure there’s another club who are doing it well that they could’ve visited instead of our main rivals. Embarrassing really. I’d hope hearts aren’t the limit of our ambitions.

Unseen work
01-11-2019, 09:46 AM
They’re facilities are in a different league to ours. They make the club money year round, every day. Since Budge came in they’ve been behind us in a football sense, but off the park she has totally revamped their commercial operations and they now blow us out of the water.

Having said that I’m sure there’s another club who are doing it well that they could’ve visited instead of our main rivals. Embarrassing really. I’d hope hearts aren’t the limit of our ambitions.

Are they?

Facilities wise do they not train at Oriam with a bunch of students?

The amount of money they generate I’d agree, what sort of other stuff do they have that blows us out the water?

Not being wide I’m genuinely intrigued as I don’t know much about what they’ve done recently

For me although it’s kind of menial it all matters - Stuff like our shirt manufacturers, sponsors and stuff like that. We should be doing better than Macron and having an actual main sponsor which again increases the amount of money we bring in.

Iv also always been a bit surprised how little footage is shown of east mains and what the players do day to day. Maybe not everyone’s cup of tea but I’d love to see the inside of it and stuff like short 4 minute videos of the guys training, player interaction, Q&A and that sort of stuff.

The England national team do this very well. I realise it would cost money but all the equipment is already there and can’t imagine it being too difficult or time consuming.

calumhibee1
01-11-2019, 09:53 AM
Are they?

Facilities wise do they not train at Oriam with a bunch of students?

The amount of money they generate I’d agree, what sort of other stuff do they have that blows us out the water?

Not being wide I’m genuinely intrigued as I don’t know much about what they’ve done recently

For me although it’s kind of menial it all matters - Stuff like our shirt manufacturers, sponsors and stuff like that. We should be doing better than Macron and having an actual main sponsor which again increases the amount of money we bring in.

Iv also always been a bit surprised how little footage is shown of east mains and what the players do day to day. Maybe not everyone’s cup of tea but I’d love to see the inside of it and stuff like short 4 minute videos of the guys training, player interaction, Q&A and that sort of stuff.

The England national team do this very well. I realise it would cost money but all the equipment is already there and can’t imagine it being too difficult or time consuming.

Liverpool also do a lot of that stuff you mention England do. I don’t even particularly like Liverpool but I’ve enjoyed watching them as they’re pretty interesting.

Unseen work
01-11-2019, 10:00 AM
Liverpool also do a lot of that stuff you mention England do. I don’t even particularly like Liverpool but I’ve enjoyed watching them as they’re pretty interesting.

Aye iv seen some of them too. As you say they’re quite interesting and gives fans an insight to the players and builds better relationships.

It’s all relatively simply stuff.

Percy Vere
01-11-2019, 10:41 AM

Astonishing.

Read it again. He’s saying he met with him. They both want success.

But, he insisted, he has Gordon’s backing. He said: “We met yesterday and went out for dinner last night. It was good to spend time on our own, quite informal.
EN saying he has Rons backing don’t see PH saying it.
It’s contrived by EN and you lot are eating it up and outraged as usual. He actually says “it’s down to results”
Everyone knows he’s on a shakey peg including Ron and PH.

Smartie
01-11-2019, 11:07 AM

Do Raith Rovers not do some good stuff as a tie in with a local college?

If we’re really going down the community route, could we not do a tie in with an Edinburgh college? Surely there will be tv journalism courses in Edinburgh that would like a professional football club to practice on?

(Just trying to think of ways how this could be delivered on a small budget?)

ekhibee
01-11-2019, 11:09 AM
Read it again. He’s saying he met with him. They both want success.

But, he insisted, he has Gordon’s backing. He said: “We met yesterday and went out for dinner last night. It was good to spend time on our own, quite informal.
EN saying he has Rons backing don’t see PH saying it.
It’s contrived by EN and you lot are eating it up and outraged as usual. He actually says “it’s down to results”
Everyone knows he’s on a shakey peg including Ron and PH.

If I was an owner and the manager was on a shoogly peg I wouldn't be going to lunch with him. That was something that could and should have been done after the derby game. Since then Heckingbottom has lead us into a position where we are only 1 point off the bottom of the table. Things aren't improving with time, despite the manager being given an excessive amount of time to improve the situation. The owner, for whatever reason, chooses not to see what is glaringly obvious, but that's just my opinion.

Percy Vere
01-11-2019, 04:51 PM

That’s right. No managers ever get sacked after “getting the backing of the board”. He also says but we all know it’s results driven. PH knows he’s only one or two bad results from the sack. I hope he can sort it out and avoid that.

GreenCastle
01-11-2019, 06:47 PM

I do find it out Hibs go on about community club but the stadium is very under used and often deserted on non match days.

Clubs in Europe seem to do more to engage.

Someone needs to ask if LD was at the PBS with Ron at the AGM.

Glory Lurker
01-11-2019, 07:15 PM

I'd like to know more, please. I'm watching our board with a lot of caution and if what you are saying is correct, I'll despair.

Iggy Pope
01-11-2019, 07:23 PM

What facilities? I’m interested in that different league and blowing out the water stuff. (Is that a wee bit of self promotion in your signature by the way? Seems odd when it takes a bit of doing to advertise wiring yer jaws together in aid of charity without admin approval).

Iggy Pope
01-11-2019, 07:25 PM
I do find it out Hibs go on about community club but the stadium is very under used and often deserted on non match days.

Can’t you ask buddy?

01-11-2019, 07:30 PM

As someone who is around the stadium on a regular basis, this is drivel. It is regularly and usually busy unless you expect 20k to turn up every day and use the seats for yoga exercises.

cabbageandribs1875
01-11-2019, 08:45 PM
Barnsley rescue a point in the last minute in their 2-2 game with bristol city tonight(just like a former managers team done at ER on wednesday) to move them up to secondbottom in the championship, i can see a £400k bid for the heck hitting leeann dempster's table first thing monday morning

amazing seeing stoke city bottom, only relegated from the top flight in 17-18

Beefster
02-11-2019, 06:22 AM

Why? Its got **** all to do with anyone outside the club. I find the outrage at the rumour about them visiting PBS baffling.

Edit: I keep getting random icons, that I didn’t add, on my posts.

bigwheel
02-11-2019, 06:56 AM
...people upset because there may have been an exchange of ideas and learning between the two clubs ...blinkered nonsense....

I’d be really disappointed if they are not learning and sharing areas of interest - Particularly in the space of community engagement

Tyler Durden
02-11-2019, 08:04 AM
...people upset because there may have been an exchange of ideas and learning between the two clubs ...blinkered nonsense....

I’d be really disappointed if they are not learning and sharing areas of interest - Particularly in the space of community engagement

I maybe am blinkered but that’s a few times now that Budge has made condescending or sarcastic comments along the lines of “we explained to Hibs how these things are done”.

If Hearts aren’t able to show some professional courtesy then we shouldn’t continue this nonsense. At the least I’d be expecting Dempster to clarify and correct this at our AGM - if and when they get around to organising one.

The bottom line is - what can we learn from Hearts? Nothing worthwhile that we can’t get from countless other sources so it’s simply not worth it

B.H.F.C
02-11-2019, 08:09 AM
F*** the Hearts.

bigwheel
02-11-2019, 08:17 AM
I maybe am blinkered but that’s a few times now that Budge has made condescending or sarcastic comments along the lines of “we explained to Hibs how these things are done”.

If Hearts aren’t able to show some professional courtesy then we shouldn’t continue this nonsense. At the least I’d be expecting Dempster to clarify and correct this at our AGM - if and when they get around to organising one.

The bottom line is - what can we learn from Hearts? Nothing worthwhile that we can’t get from countless other sources so it’s simply not worth it

We should learn and share with many people....always should look to improve.. these conversations aren’t one way. They are about people learning together.

Football fans are too sensitive. If we weren’t doing stuff like this with many organisations - that would be the real concern...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk