PDA

View Full Version : Deserved more from that game

Spike Mandela
30-10-2019, 10:19 PM
Not been as much as I would have liked this season but was pleasantly surprised tonight. Thought Hibs played well and deserved more from the game. Certainly the draw was the least we deserved.

Some good performances plenty chances and thought Bartley should have been off early first half. Their keeper had a worldy first half and we had penalty shouts and an offside goal and the usual amount of missed chances.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game and the players effort.

Unseen work
30-10-2019, 10:23 PM
Same old story I’m afraid.

How many times can we deserve more than we get from a game? That’s us played every team in the league and are now 9th in the league with 9 points.

We were 30 seconds away from being bottom.

Something needs to change.

B.H.F.C
30-10-2019, 10:26 PM
No for me. Draw probably about right. Saying we played well is stretching it. First half was so slow and we defended horrifically.

They had one off the line in the first couple of minutes and missed an open goal to kill the game in the second half as well.

We at least showed a bit intent in the second half.

Spike Mandela
30-10-2019, 10:27 PM
Same old story I’m afraid.

How many times can we deserve more than we get from a game? That’s us played every team in the league and are now 9th in the league with 9 points.

We were 30 seconds away from being bottom.

Something needs to change.

Irrespective of that, we played well tonight.

RossScott1991
30-10-2019, 10:28 PM
Better in spells, the sitter they missed at 2.1 when they rounded the goalkeeper was crucial though. The boy could have took extra touches and walked that into the net.

Pete
30-10-2019, 10:29 PM
Just got in from work and started watching from the second half.

We look alright and I don't know what everyone is moaning about 😁

Unseen work
30-10-2019, 10:29 PM

I said the same on the match thread then within the space of 5 minutes we were 2 down. Good teams playing well don’t allow that to happen.

Something is missing.

Frank Moon
30-10-2019, 10:33 PM
We weren’t that bad tonight. I thought we didn’t deserve to go 2-0 down and some of our passing in the midfield was very good. Don’t rate James and Kamberi always seems to take the wrong option and his first touch is shocking. He frustrates the hell out of me.

danhibees1875
30-10-2019, 10:34 PM
Thought it was the best I'd seen us play all season.

They got a very lucky goal and then hit us again quickly. Saying that, they also missed the open net and had 2 efforts just wide early on at 0-0.

It did feel like Hibs controlled the vast majority of the game. Some of our passing and movement was brilliant as we found ways to get through and create chances for ourselves. Being unlucky ourselves with the offside goal (after great buildup), 2 penalty shouts, and Horgan's awful effort from close range.

Joe6-2
30-10-2019, 10:34 PM
I said the same on the match thread then within the space of 5 minutes we were 2 down. Good teams playing well don’t allow that to happen.

Something is missing.

A decent coach

Hibeesmad
30-10-2019, 10:35 PM
Football is a results driven business unfortunately, you could play impeccable football but if you don’t win games then it means nothing.

FilipinoHibs
30-10-2019, 10:35 PM
Not been as much as I would have liked this season but was pleasantly surprised tonight. Thought Hibs played well and deserved more from the game. Certainly the draw was the least we deserved.

Some good performances plenty chances and thought Bartley should have been off early first half. Their keeper had a worldy first half and we had penalty shouts and an offside goal and the usual amount of missed chances.

We had 58% procession. Dominated the game. Second half with two upfront we were much better.

Sir David Gray
30-10-2019, 10:51 PM
We were utter garbage in the first half. You can't give a team a two goal head start and expect to win the game.

Second half was better but even then Livingston had a massive chance to go 3-1 up and blew it.

We are more than a quarter of the way through the season and find ourselves one point off the bottom. That is completely unacceptable.

cabbageandribs1875
30-10-2019, 10:56 PM
marv says scott allan told him it wasn't a penalty :dunno: maybe the ref gave it that time because he didn't give the one in the first half which clearly hit the livi players arm in the box after the ball was crossed in

Weir07
30-10-2019, 11:04 PM
We were utter garbage in the first half. You can't give a team a two goal head start and expect to win the game.

Second half was better but even then Livingston had a massive chance to go 3-1 up and blew it.

We are more than a quarter of the way through the season and find ourselves one point off the bottom. That is completely unacceptable.

No way you can describe us as utter garbage in the first half, competed well without carving out a clear cut chance, very unlucky to be two down at half time though. The team showed fight throughout the game. To come back from 2 down after the run of results we've had shows some character. You may not care for the manager but you couldn't fault the teams commitment tonight. I enjoyed the game.

chrisski33
30-10-2019, 11:05 PM

Is that you hecky??

B.H.F.C
30-10-2019, 11:12 PM
No way you can describe us as utter garbage in the first half, competed well without carving out a clear cut chance, very unlucky to be two down at half time though.

So really poor defending and no clear cut chances. But we weren’t garbage in the first half?

We weren’t unlucky to be two down, we just can’t defend properly. We let crosses come in to our box continually, don’t pick up the second ball and it inevitably ends up in the net. Same happened on Saturday.

At the other end, in the first half, we had a few decent balls in to the box but nobody there to pick up the second ball.

Sir David Gray
30-10-2019, 11:12 PM
No way you can describe us as utter garbage in the first half, competed well without carving out a clear cut chance, very unlucky to be two down at half time though. The team showed fight throughout the game. To come back from 2 down after the run of results we've had shows some character. You may not care for the manager but you couldn't fault the teams commitment tonight. I enjoyed the game.

OK if you were happy after tonight's game then I'm glad. I don't think there's much to be gained from continuing this discussion though. We were completely overrun in that first half, Livingston had numerous chances to score before they actually did.

The second half was better but no way was that even remotely an acceptable overall performance tonight.

The standards and expectation levels throughout the club have dropped so dramatically in recent months. There's no chance that tonight's performance or result would be classed as anywhere near good enough even 6 months ago.

Criswell
30-10-2019, 11:14 PM
Livingston were two up at half-time and then were guilty of what we have been doing lately; sitting back and trying to protect a lead. It almost worked but if you allow the opposition to bombard your box continually things can happen.

Spike Mandela
30-10-2019, 11:16 PM
Is that you hecky??

Ey Up, Ee by gum , tha got me.:wink:

matty_f
30-10-2019, 11:20 PM
I can't go as far as saying we were good, but we were the better team for most of that match, imho.

Weir07
30-10-2019, 11:25 PM
So really poor defending and no clear cut chances. But we weren’t garbage in the first half?

We weren’t unlucky to be two down, we just can’t defend properly. We let crosses come in to our box continually, don’t pick up the second ball and it inevitably ends up in the net. Same happened on Saturday.

At the other end, in the first half, we had a few decent balls in to the box but nobody there to pick up the second ball.

The first goal was a deflection, I think, second goal was poor, I'll give you that. Doesn't mean to say our performance was garbage though. We're not on a great run and a good bit away from where we want to be but I try to judge each game on it's own merits, instead of getting caught up in the hysteria and hyperbole.

wookie70
30-10-2019, 11:25 PM

Horgan had an excellent chance in the first half and I'm sure Allan had a decent one too but he hit it straight at the Keeper. Agree with the rest though. Teams don't play like that if there is a major problem in the dressing room. We are just off form and the manager hasn't done a great job finding a consistent team and a formation that works. Tonight could make us kick on as we have been on the receiving end of late equalisers and it feels much better to do it to another team.

madhatter
30-10-2019, 11:29 PM
Probably have a bit of a bizarre opinion here but I thought a draw was a fair result. When you weight up the good chances they had, namely the open goal, and the chances we had. We were terrible first half and if they had pushed I genuinely think they could’ve had a 3rd in the first half.

We were fortunate in the way Livi seemed to tire badly. I think part of that was how tired Bartley looked in the last 20mins. Still strange referring to him as an opposition player.

We had a lot of possession but didn’t create that much in truth. Created more but a lot of it fell apart at the edge of their box.

B.H.F.C
30-10-2019, 11:31 PM
The first goal was a deflection, I think, second goal was poor, I'll give you that. Doesn't mean to say our performance was garbage though. We're not on a great run and a good bit away from where we want to be but I try to judge each game on it's own merits, instead of getting caught up in the hysteria and hyperbole.

For the first one, what about us letting the cross come in and the not picking up the second ball? Same as the equaliser on Saturday.

I think we can all agree that the second half was better and we were worth a point. I just don’t view the first half as anything other than poor.

B.H.F.C
30-10-2019, 11:32 PM
Horgan had an excellent chance in the first half and I'm sure Allan had a decent one too but he hit it straight at the Keeper. Agree with the rest though. Teams don't play like that if there is a major problem in the dressing room. We are just off form and the manager hasn't done a great job finding a consistent team and a formation that works. Tonight could make us kick on as we have been on the receiving end of late equalisers and it feels much better to do it to another team.

Being off form is a few games, not a third of the season.

We’re not off form, we’re just not a good side.

Captain Trips
30-10-2019, 11:40 PM

Playing "well" and drawing at home isnt good enough, so we need to play better than "well" to win. Therefore well gets no credit from me.

Pretty Boy
31-10-2019, 03:39 AM
I thought we were the better side for most of the game. We were at home to Livingston.

We showed a bit of character to come back from 2 goals down and moved the ball with a bit urgency when we found ourselves in that position. I think it would be stretching it to say we played well. Lack of a final ball and poor defending in the 1st half. We threw everything at a team that totally sat off in the 2nd half and we deserved our point in the end.

lyonhibs
31-10-2019, 06:19 AM

"competed well without carving out a clear cut chance". At home. To Livingston. Is that in any way to be applauded or even accepted as being anything other than not bloody good enough for Hibernian FC? :confused:

They missed an absolute sitter that even Horgan might have put away. We got lucky to walk away with a point.

Glad folks enjoyed the game though, the relative few that turned up.

MWHIBBIES
31-10-2019, 06:22 AM
Livingston were two up at half-time and then were guilty of what we have been doing lately; sitting back and trying to protect a lead. It almost worked but if you allow the opposition to bombard your box continually things can happen.

Or Hibs changed the game and pinned them back?

flash
31-10-2019, 06:23 AM
The second half is the benchmark from now on regardless of who is manager. Pace, effort and a fair bit of skill made it easily the best 45 I have seen this season. Has to become the norm though.

Edinburgh Green
31-10-2019, 06:46 AM
A decent coach

While I agree Hecky isn’t up to it, he can’t help Horgan and Hanlon missing sitters from 6 yards out and Mallan getting robbed of the ball in his own box. Players need to step up!

Edinburgh Green
31-10-2019, 06:47 AM
The second half is the benchmark from now on regardless of who is manager. Pace, effort and a fair bit of skill made it easily the best 45 I have seen this season. Has to become the norm though.

Agree

JimBHibees
31-10-2019, 06:49 AM

No way we're we utter garbage first half.

JimBHibees
31-10-2019, 06:50 AM
Is that you hecky??

Can't disagree with anything he said to be honest.

Deansy
31-10-2019, 06:54 AM
I was surprised and worried when Boyle came on as I thought he was nowhere near ready for a return, we all remember what happened to Alex Hariss after the Butcher-treatment !. But lo and behold, not only did he gain us a much-needed point but it looks like his lay-off's been spent on controling the ball - his ball-control has always been the one thing that lets him down but last night he mastered that ball superbly to earn him a goal !

CloudSquall
31-10-2019, 06:55 AM
Acceptance of this pish is what will see us stuck with Heckingbottom until we are away to Alloa and Morton.

bingo70
31-10-2019, 07:15 AM
No way we're we utter garbage first half.

I think we were.

I thought it was quite an entertaining first half but Livi were worth their lead.

Second half was much better but we were helped by them sitting back, even then though they missed a sitter at 2-1 and apparently our penalty was very harsh.

I think a draw was a fair result in the end.

Heisenberg
31-10-2019, 07:43 AM
“Deserved more” is becoming a recurring theme this season. There comes a point where we have to admit that we’re actually getting everything we deserve as we’re not doing enough in any of these matches.

2 wins in 7 months. Leaking goals. Fan base have no connection to the manager or his new players. Few people need to be held accountable for this but it’s not looking likely at this point in time.

Steve20
31-10-2019, 08:04 AM
Standards must be really low if anyone thought we were anything more than garbage last night.

Keep kidding yourself on it'll get better. But I'm sure when Heckingbottom has relegated us, you'll not be saying that.

Since452
31-10-2019, 08:18 AM

I've been banging this drum for weeks. Worries me that we're usually the better team in games yet can't win

Alfred E Newman
31-10-2019, 08:30 AM
It shows the state we are in when people start thinking we've turned the corner after scraping a draw at home against Livi.

coldingham hibs
31-10-2019, 09:25 AM

I was at the game and also thought we played well in the second half however having watched a re-run of the game I think my opinion has changed, we gave the ball away time after time and only created a handful of chances. Had Livingtson scored the sitter they missed then that game was well & truly over.

The penalty which looked a stonewaller to me at the game was a blatant dive. Had that not been given then I doubt very much we would have taken anything from the game.