PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan

hibee_girl
30-10-2019, 09:38 PM
Did anyone else see that he seemed to take a wee funny spell about 5 minutes before the end of the game? He had everyone on the bench over at him for a minute or so then came back on like nothing had happened.

steakbake
30-10-2019, 09:38 PM
Diabetes - needed glucose

oconnors_strip
30-10-2019, 09:49 PM
Yeah I seen it. He looked really unsteady on his feet for a few minutes before this aswell. Wasn’t sure if he was physically sick aswell when he was bent over

Vault Boy
30-10-2019, 09:49 PM
Diabetes - needed glucose

Good shout. I've always been impressed by Scott's ability to manage his Type 1 throughout a season. Can't be easy.

Captain Trips
30-10-2019, 09:51 PM
PH shouted some tactical instructions to him.

steakbake
30-10-2019, 10:04 PM
Good shout. I've always been impressed by Scott's ability to manage his Type 1 throughout a season. Can't be easy.

He got a glucose wrap maybe 5 minutes before, possibly got it into himself too late that he needed a couple of minutes..

jonny
30-10-2019, 10:08 PM
I actually thought he'd taken a knock and was trying to run it off.

calumhibee1
30-10-2019, 10:09 PM

He took then penalty then looked injured. I thought he’d ****ed himself taking it. Thank **** he’s ok.

HibeeMassive
30-10-2019, 10:11 PM

That was before this incident - he actually injured himself taking the penalty!

But then did definitely take a ‘funny turn’ with 5 to go.

jonny
30-10-2019, 10:11 PM
He took then penalty then looked injured. I thought he’d ****ed himself taking it. Thank **** he’s ok.

Yeah, I thought he'd maybe rolled an ankle or something after striking the ball. He was head and shoulders above anyone else in a green shirt tonight.

Pretty Boy
30-10-2019, 10:14 PM
He sort of crouched down before stumbling off the park. I thought at first it was a recurrence of the knock from after the penalty but a few people at the game said he ate something and someone above mentioned a glucose gel so that suggests it was likely an issue related to his diabetes.

coldingham hibs
30-10-2019, 10:14 PM
Played very well today, especially second half.

tamig
30-10-2019, 10:18 PM
Played very well today, especially second half.

He was excellent. Put in a power of work and some of his turns to open up space for himself were superb. I thought he was going to have to go off after the penalty but he recovered well and I’m glad he managed to see the game out.

we are hibs
30-10-2019, 10:21 PM
Have to say that i thought he was poor for most of the game. He shows what hes capable of in short bursts but there is still so much more we could be getting out him

Hibeesmad
30-10-2019, 10:24 PM
We all know what Scotty brings to the team, if we had players who were on the same wave length as him then we wouldn’t be in the position we are in now. I expect to see numerous goals from Boyle assisted by Allan in the coming weeks/months.

ancient hibee
30-10-2019, 10:26 PM
Have to say that i thought he was poor for most of the game. He shows what hes capable of in short bursts but there is still so much more we could be getting out him

It’s not his fault.We don’t have enough players with brains tuned in to his wavelength.

wookie70
30-10-2019, 10:30 PM
Yeah, I thought he'd maybe rolled an ankle or something after striking the ball. He was head and shoulders above anyone else in a green shirt tonight.

Some great touches but gave the ball away so many times and I thought he was pretty poor overall. His decision making was questionable too trying threaded balls instead of easier options which were just as promising. He definitely struggled energy wise for a little while late on and seemed to play withing touching distance of the dug out for a while perhaps thinking he might need assistance.
Hanlon played a captain's part tonight driving forward and imo was our MOTM.

Unseen work
30-10-2019, 10:39 PM
He just looks so frustrated to me.

I think he is now forcing things because he is desperate for the win and feels he is the only one that can create a chance and is taking the responsibility.

Smartie
30-10-2019, 10:42 PM
I thought he was excellent.

Nicho87
30-10-2019, 10:44 PM
He was screaming at the defence at one point definatley a frustrated character. I actually couldn’t care if he had a bad game tonight causes he has had contributed a tonne more than the rest

cabbageandribs1875
30-10-2019, 10:45 PM
Hypo's are nae fun...fact :wink:

BILLYHIBS
30-10-2019, 10:45 PM
My man of the match

Guys in Hospitality must have been pished to give it to Horgan 😜

Criswell
30-10-2019, 10:57 PM
Certainly my MOM tonight. He is by far our most creative player and the opposition know this so will do everything they can to negate him. It looked like that Marvin Bartley's job tonight was to impose himself physically on him. Credit therefore to Scott that he was still able to have such an impact. I only hope he can continue to keep producing under this pressure.

LaMotta
30-10-2019, 11:12 PM

Agreed. Hes been absoultely brilliant for us but tonight was by his standards not a good night. He gets away with mistakes that the likes of Horgan or Mallan wouldnt from the boo boys. People ignore his bad passes or poor decisions or times when he gets muscled off the ball because hes so popular. Normally there arent many but there were a fair few tonight.

His run and pass to Kamberi in injury time showed that he should be on the pitch at all times though, as he can produce magic at any time, even if not at his best.