PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want as our next manager?

lucky
30-10-2019, 09:26 PM
As it seems it’s a matter of time before Heckingbottom is sacked, who are realistic targets for the post? I’d go for someone who can organise their team and has knowledge of the Scottish leagues. Tommy Wight or Gary Holt both seem capable of getting more out of players and build squads on far less money than Heckingbottom has spent. Thoughts?

calumhibee1
30-10-2019, 09:27 PM
As it seems it’s a matter of time before Heckingbottom is sacked, who are realistic targets for the post? I’d go for someone who can organise their team and has knowledge of the Scottish leagues. Tommy Wight or Gary Holt both seem capable of getting more out of players and build squads on far less money than Heckingbottom has spent. Thoughts?

Roberto Di Matteo or Scott Gemmel.

Other than that I literally have no idea. Nobody attainable in Scotland would interest me one bit and I don’t watch any lower league English stuff.

Diclonius
30-10-2019, 09:29 PM
Jack Ross or Gordon Strachan.

bingo70
30-10-2019, 09:29 PM
David Moyes.

He was apparently interested in the Kilmarnock job, not been in a job for a while so needs to rebuild his career and has bags of experience.

I don’t think he’s as unrealistic as some people seem to think and I reckon there’s a lot of similarities between him now and when Steve Clarke took over at Kilmarnock.

AgentDaleCooper
30-10-2019, 09:36 PM
someone that will definitely do a good job. we've gone backwards and we need to invest in a real leader now to prevent us from losing the gains of the last few years and being back to where we were ten years ago.

Coco Bryce
30-10-2019, 09:36 PM
Jack Ross

Brightside
30-10-2019, 09:38 PM
Scott gemill for me too. But I don’t think Hecky is going.

steakbake
30-10-2019, 09:41 PM
Caretaker till end of season then make an unpressured decision.

Pretty Boy
30-10-2019, 09:41 PM
Moyes
Di Matteo
Strachan
Stubbs/Doolan/Holden

Vault Boy
30-10-2019, 09:42 PM
I have to fully admit that I simply don't know. I'd back myself in spotting a good player in another team, or an idea that I'd like us to adopt, but if history is anything to go by, I don't have a ******* clue what makes a good manager at our level.

I was excited when we got Lennon, for the most part that went well. I was also excited when we got Butcher and, well, that didn't...

I'd never heard of Stubbs and felt completely impartial about his appointment. I liked that he spoke about playing short passing football in his press conference, and that's definitely something I want to see us adopt. I also want a manager who values raw talent, youth development and players who fit a clear system, rather than the square pegs in round holes we're currently laboured with.

I do think we need someone with some kind of association with Scottish football, the likes of Stubbs, Mowbray and Lennon. They don't need to be Scottish, or necessarily have managerial experience, but I think they do need to have a background in our game.

Finally, we could do with avoiding the likes of Strachan, Hughes, McLeish etc. I still think New-school is the way to go.

In summary, Stubbs.

Or not, I dunno.

The Modfather
30-10-2019, 09:47 PM
John Collins
Moyes
Strachan
Steven Robinson

Scooter
30-10-2019, 09:49 PM
Derek Mcinnes? Apparently hes in a bit of bother up there

The Modfather
30-10-2019, 09:52 PM

He’s been successful but I’d not want to watch a 9ft Hibs team hoof and foul for any length of time.

Vault Boy
30-10-2019, 09:53 PM

IMO McInnes and Aberdeen are one of those combinations that just work, much like Butcher and ICT or Scott Allan and Hibs.

He favours a more direct, defensive style of football that really wouldn't go down well here, I think he'd struggle not being able to out-spend everyone outside the uglies too.

Captain Trips
30-10-2019, 09:55 PM
Ronny Delia.

Pretty Boy
30-10-2019, 09:59 PM
Ronny Delia.

I see him mentioned a lot but he made heavy weather of a one horse race with Celtic and was never close to the dominance Rodgers had immediately after him. He's since floated about midtable in Norway.

I'm not saying he wouldn't do well for us but he wouldn't really excite me either.

Vault Boy
30-10-2019, 10:02 PM
I see him mentioned a lot but he made heavy weather of a one horse race with Celtic and was never close to the dominance Rodgers had immediately after him. He's since flotaed about midtable in Norway.

I'm not saying he wouldn't do well for us but he wouldn't really excite me either.

I think it's just systematic for us to be vaguely linked to Celtic's less successful staff.

The OP could well have their own reasons for suggesting RD of course - but more generally speaking, it's a very common theme.

lucky
30-10-2019, 10:08 PM
Some interesting suggestions. Moyes would certainly be an inspiring choice but he would always be on the look out for the Celtic job but he’d have to successful at Hibs to get a look in so it could be a win win situation.

Captain Trips
30-10-2019, 10:12 PM
I think it's just systematic for us to be vaguely linked to Celtic's less successful staff.

The OP could well have their own reasons for suggesting RD of course - but more generally speaking, it's a very common theme.

I do have reasons they are I think our manger is pish I want a different one reason, he won stuff in this league irrespective of club who he was at.

Robinson whom I wanted before Heckingbottom
Strachan
Also interest me.

Vault Boy
30-10-2019, 10:15 PM
I do have reasons they are I think our manger is pish I want a different one reason, he won stuff in this league irrespective of club who he was at.

Robinson whom I wanted before Heckingbottom
Strachan
Also interest me.

That's fair enough, I suppose all we can hope right now is that there will be a vacancy to fill, sooner rather than later!

Nicho87
30-10-2019, 10:16 PM
Stubbs

Unseen work
30-10-2019, 10:17 PM
Got to be Jack Ross for me.

He would be a great fit for us imo and I think it would be a massive mistake if we never went for him.

we are hibs
30-10-2019, 10:18 PM
Mowbray under pressure at blackburn..

We shouldve went for someone until the end of the season when lennon went.

Hibeesmad
30-10-2019, 10:20 PM
Di Matteo would work out to be a fantastic appointment imo. Would be difficult to rule out a man who has guided a team to the Champions League trophy. From my memory of his teams playing, he likes to play attacking football and would have a great deal of contacts in the game to bring in a better quality of player than Hecky.

Hibeesmad
30-10-2019, 10:21 PM
Mowbray under pressure at blackburn..

We shouldve went for someone until the end of the season when lennon went.

If Hecky was brought in until the end of the season he would have got offered the job permanently based on his form anyway

majorhibs
30-10-2019, 10:24 PM
Strachan

BoltonHibee
30-10-2019, 10:48 PM
Strachan - a winner like Lennon, not so happy with role at Dundee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eezyrider
30-10-2019, 10:57 PM
Martin O'Neill.

EZ

Sir David Gray
30-10-2019, 11:17 PM
On the assumption that nothing will happen before Saturday, Jack Ross should be booked in for talks at East Mains on Monday morning.

kaimendhibs
31-10-2019, 02:24 AM
David and Darren in temp charge.
Then back to coaching.
Robinson perm boss

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk