PDA

View Full Version : Enough is enough get him out the club now!!!

Captain Trips
30-10-2019, 08:36 PM
Well done PH you managed to get a draw from a losing position so you do have another string to your bow. Anyways can he please be removed from the club.

Sir David Gray
30-10-2019, 08:49 PM
Get this clown out now, this needs to change tonight it's embarrassing.

Fife-Hibee
30-10-2019, 08:52 PM
4 points off top 6? 5 games unbeaten? What's the problem? :devil:

LancsHibs
30-10-2019, 08:57 PM
That was surely the final straw???? Maybe not though as I’ve been saying it for weeks! Emptied in the morning please or preferably tonight.

Captain Trips
30-10-2019, 08:58 PM
When draws at home to Livingston are deemed in any way a good result then things cannot really sink much lower.

Pretty Boy
30-10-2019, 09:01 PM
He'll be mutually consented on Monday. I'm almost certain that will be the case.

IberianHibernian
30-10-2019, 09:03 PM
May well leave us soon but not cause of anything that happened tonight .

Sir David Gray
30-10-2019, 09:04 PM
He'll be mutually consented on Monday. I'm almost certain that will be the case.

He has to be. This is a shambles right now.

To have just 9 points after the first round of matches is disgraceful.

Leith Green
30-10-2019, 09:04 PM
Is there anybody left who actually wants him to stay?

Alex Trager
30-10-2019, 09:05 PM

I wonder this. Is there anyone who wants him to stay on this board?

dmc1875
30-10-2019, 09:05 PM

Christian Doidge and josh vela probably...

Jim44
30-10-2019, 09:06 PM

LD et al, apparently.:rolleyes:

Captain Trips
30-10-2019, 09:07 PM
I think what will also be the concern for RG was the crowd size. I think that will make the decision happen within next 12-24hrs.

Leith Green
30-10-2019, 09:08 PM
I wonder this. Is there anyone who wants him to stay on this board?

I genuinely dont know a single Hibs fan who doesn’t want him emptied

greenlex
30-10-2019, 09:08 PM
I think what will also be the concern for RG was the crowd size. I think that will make the decision happen within next 12-24hrs.
Over 14000 according to the stats.:greengrin

dp00
30-10-2019, 09:09 PM
Get him out and get Stubbs and co in on a temp basis for weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leith Green
30-10-2019, 09:09 PM

I said that on another thread. Good for the owner to see the apathy amongst the supporters. If he is a canny businessman then he wont let that continue

Leith Green
30-10-2019, 09:10 PM
Over 14000 according to the stats.:greengrin

Is that the number of lives Heckingbottom has had?

Diclonius
30-10-2019, 09:11 PM
If he's not gone this weekend then I'm confident he's one loss away now. I think the board have lost their patience judging by what Brian McLaughlin was saying.

Captain Trips
30-10-2019, 09:12 PM
Anyone but Heckingbottom for Saturday and I mean anyone.

Leith Green
30-10-2019, 09:13 PM
If he's not gone this weekend then I'm confident he's one loss away now. I think the board have lost their patience judging by what Brian McLaughlin was saying.

What was said??

Stuart93

That’s them just lost their patience now? Mine was gone after the unforgivable 6-1 at ibrox

calumhibee1
Anyone but Heckingbottom for Saturday and I mean anyone.

It’s Paul Fourthbottom to you.

greenlex
30-10-2019, 09:16 PM
:greengrin

The 90+2
30-10-2019, 09:17 PM

What’s your opinion mate? Great fighting comeback?

calumhibee1
30-10-2019, 09:18 PM
What’s your opinion mate? Great fighting comeback?

To come from 2-0 down is always a good fighting comeback surely? Even if you don’t want the manager in place I don’t think that much can be denied.

I don’t think he should stay mind you, but I do think we done well to come back and get a point.

Diclonius
30-10-2019, 09:19 PM
What was said??

Gordon, his son and Dempster were in animated discussion at the end of the match, and McLaughlin reckons they'll be making a decision about the manager tonight or tomorrow.

Hibbyradge
30-10-2019, 09:19 PM

It looks like still trying to look for reasons to defend him!

4th bottom having won 9 points out of the last possible 48.

That's indefensible.

calumhibee1
30-10-2019, 09:20 PM
Gordon, his son and Dempster were in animated discussion at the end of the match, and McLaughlin reckons they'll be making a decision about the manager tonight or tomorrow.

Is his son involved in things? First I’d heard about any son was tonight.

blackpoolhibs
We were every bit as good as Livingston tonight, is this progress?

Coco Bryce

Probably discussing what pub in town they were going to.

calumhibee1
30-10-2019, 09:21 PM

That's indefensible.

Not at all, just a bit of fun. I’ve not defended him once after Saturday or tonight. I actually read Heckingbottom as being a play on his name because I’m so used to people doing it. Realised after I posted it that it was actually his real name :greengrin :doh:

Leith Green

Be talking all things community foundation.

The 90+2
To come from 2-0 down is always a good fighting comeback surely? Even if you don’t want the manager in place I don’t think that much can be denied.

I don’t think he should stay mind you, but I do think we done well to come back and get a point.

The team done well to come back from calamity. He’s done. As is his team his players and everything about his management.

He’s been saved by Allan and Squirrel. He needs to go and he needs to o tonight.

greenlex

That's indefensible.
Don’t think he is particularly with this comment. The poster he was quoting often called the manager secondbottom and obviously can’t for the moment.

The 90+2
30-10-2019, 09:22 PM
Not at all, just a bit of fun. I’ve not defended him once after Saturday or tonight. I actually read Heckingbottom as being a play on his name because I’m so used to people doing it. Realised after I posted it that it was actually his name :greengrin

You’re definitely trying to defend him.

Diclonius
Be talking all things community foundation.

That's twice I've heard this now. Why specifically the Community Foundation?

The 90+2
Don’t think he is particularly with this comment. The poster he was quoting often called the manager secondbottom and obviously can’t for the moment.

You’ve still never given your opinion? Just wee snipes here or there.

calumhibee1
You’re definitely trying to defend him.

:faf:

Where about?

The 90+2
30-10-2019, 09:23 PM
Probably discussing what pub in town they were going to.

Where’s Budge and her brother? They will all be talking about the European assault now we came back 2 down against Livingston:

Captain Trips
30-10-2019, 09:24 PM

He quoted me and I do not call him that. I have called him Captain clownshoe though.

Leith Green
30-10-2019, 09:24 PM

Because thats the only subject that seems to draw comment from dempster & co.

greenlex
30-10-2019, 09:25 PM
You’ve still never given your opinion? Just wee snipes here or there.
Who cares?

calumhibee1
30-10-2019, 09:26 PM
He quoted me and I do not call him that. I have called him Captain clownshoe though.

As I said above, I’m so used to folk playing on his name that for some reason I read your post as being another one.. and then after I posted realised that it was actually his name 🤦🏼*♂️ Been a long day.

greenlex
30-10-2019, 09:27 PM
Sorry. I’m getting you mixed up with another super negative poster who seems to take some sort of weird pleasure sticking the boot in.

Captain Trips
30-10-2019, 09:28 PM
I just have a feeling he will be punted tonight.

Captain Trips
Sorry. I’m getting you mixed up with another super negative poster who seems to take some sort of weird pleasure sticking the boot in.

"Another super negative"

calumhibee1

I can’t see anything happening that quick. It may well happen tomorrow (I doubt that as well) but I’d be stunned if it happened tonight.

Stuart93
30-10-2019, 09:30 PM
Imo he wouldn’t have been doing a press conference after the game if he was going.

Heisenberg
30-10-2019, 09:32 PM
Ten points off Motherwell in 3rd. -10 goal difference. One win all season after a round of fixtures. Get him punted.

Speedway
30-10-2019, 09:32 PM

No chance. He’ll be in charge on Saturday now.

Coco Bryce
30-10-2019, 09:34 PM
Hibs don't sack managers 🙄

Pretty Boy
30-10-2019, 09:34 PM
The problem for PH is he gave up the right to be judged on one game alone several weeks ago. We have reached 'this game is a must win' territory already.

In isolation you could argue that we were unfortunate to be 2-0 down and finally showed a set of balls to get a draw. If we were 4th, 5th, 6th in the league and had been on a good or even inconsistent run of form then that would carry some weight. However we have 1 win in 16 all told in the league with 1 in 11 this season. It's worth considering that this run of fixtures was meant to prove we were in a false position and we were going to pull away. 3 points from 9 suggests we are exactly where we deserve to be and no better than any of the teams around us.

You can argue we are only 4 points outside the top 6 but far more pressing is that tonight proved we are currently only ever 1 minute and 1 goal away from rock bottom. Looking at our run of fixtures in the coming weeks that is a far more pressing concern. It's utterly ludicrous we are looking at games v St Johnstone and St Mirren as must win fixtures because December doesn't look pretty.

In usual circumstances I'd give a bit credit for the comeback tonight but it's too far gone for that. There is no credit in the bank left to give as far as I am concerned.

Speedway
30-10-2019, 09:43 PM
Hibernian manager Paul Heckingbottom knows his side were seconds from sitting bottom of the league, with Martin Boyle's last-gasp goal salvaging a fifth successive draw for his struggling side.

He tells BBC Sportsound: "We'll take a point after being 2-0 down, but the question is why did it get to that?

"You're looking at the first half display compared to the second, take the scoreline out it, but there was more fight, more drive and more desire. The fans were excellent tonight, they stuck with the team and got them over the line. But it's that simple, that's what fans want to see, that spirit and drive.

"I'm frustrated because why should it take a tactical change or a bollocking to get people up in running and get them playing the way they should? It should not take that, but that's where we are. People will say we should have more points but you get what you deserve. I'll watch the game back and I know in the first half I'll see some positives but I'll also see players not 100% committed, and the second half proves that."

Boyle came one for his first league appearance of the season following a serious knee injury in the summer, and Heckingbottom was full of praise for the winger: "I wasn't expecting to use Martin tonight but he's trained extremely hard and he's done lots of one-on-one sessions with myself after training," he says. "And it's in those one-to-ones that I've seen things that's made me think that he's worth 15-20 minutes. His personality, his work-rate and his drive to try and impress me."

Stuart93
30-10-2019, 09:45 PM
Hibernian manager Paul Heckingbottom knows his side were seconds from sitting bottom of the league, with Martin Boyle's last-gasp goal salvaging a fifth successive draw for his struggling side.

He tells BBC Sportsound: "We'll take a point after being 2-0 down, but the question is why did it get to that?

"You're looking at the first half display compared to the second, take the scoreline out it, but there was more fight, more drive and more desire. The fans were excellent tonight, they stuck with the team and got them over the line. But it's that simple, that's what fans want to see, that spirit and drive.

"I'm frustrated because why should it take a tactical change or a bollocking to get people up in running and get them playing the way they should? It should not take that, but that's where we are. People will say we should have more points but you get what you deserve. I'll watch the game back and I know in the first half I'll see some positives but I'll also see players not 100% committed, and the second half proves that."

Boyle came one for his first league appearance of the season following a serious knee injury in the summer, and Heckingbottom was full of praise for the winger: "I wasn't expecting to use Martin tonight but he's trained extremely hard and he's done lots of one-on-one sessions with myself after training," he says. "And it's in those one-to-ones that I've seen things that's made me think that he's worth 15-20 minutes. His personality, his work-rate and his drive to try and impress me."

****ing talks absolute nonsense

Full of cliches. Full of ****.

Fife-Hibee
30-10-2019, 09:47 PM

It's what fans want to see. Draws at home to the likes of Livingston and Ross County. :faf:

scoopyboy
30-10-2019, 09:57 PM
My info;

Board meeting last night, LD wanted him out bur RG didn't.

If he does go it will be on gardening leave and not being paid off, difference being that if he takes a position elsewhere then Hibs stop paying immediately.

Barnsley seemingly very keen.

Hibeesmad
30-10-2019, 10:15 PM
My info;

If he does go it will be on gardening leave and not being paid off, difference being that if he takes a position elsewhere then Hibs stop paying immediately.

If we lose to Celtic on Saturday, which is looking very likely, I think he will definitely be gone by the close of Monday.

Eyrie
30-10-2019, 10:16 PM

So Heckingbottom is blaming the players for the first half and taking the credit for the second half improvement?

A good manager doesn't do that because he is capable of getting the players to perform for 90 minutes.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
30-10-2019, 10:19 PM
The team done well to come back from calamity. He’s done. As is his team his players and everything about his management.

He’s been saved by Allan and Squirrel. He needs to go and he needs to o tonight.

Spot on! :agree:

Unseen work
30-10-2019, 10:26 PM
St Johnstone (A)
Motherwell (H)
St Mirren (A)
Kilmarnock (H)
Ross County (A)
Aberdeen (H)

That is our next 6 games. None of them (Motherwell the exemption although I still don’t fear them)are doing particularly great or showing any real consistency. A new, good manager would get a lot of points from those.

Unseen work
30-10-2019, 10:27 PM
My info;

Absolute mad if the new owner who talked about being the best of the rest with the prospect of challenging them one day doesn’t want the manager gone. We were 30 seconds off being bottom!!!

Vault Boy
30-10-2019, 10:29 PM
Tin foil hat on here, but I've just watched the HTV interviews and PH was fully suited, but he was wearing a tracksuit during the match.

Important meeting to attend after the game?

Speedway
30-10-2019, 10:29 PM
So Heckingbottom is blaming the players for the first half and taking the credit for the second half improvement?

A good manager doesn't do that because he is capable of getting the players to perform for 90 minutes.

He’s saying that he doesn’t fire players up before a match and that players aren’t playing for him.

we are hibs
30-10-2019, 10:30 PM
Tin foil hat on here, but I've just watched the HTV interviews and PH was fully suited, but he was wearing a tracksuit during the match.

Job interview at barnsley hopefully.

jacomo
30-10-2019, 10:31 PM
He’s saying that he doesn’t fire players up before a match and that players aren’t playing for him.

:agree:

He’s totally lost the dressing room bless him.

At least we got a point.

Hibeesmad
30-10-2019, 10:31 PM
St Johnstone (A)
Motherwell (H)
St Mirren (A)
Kilmarnock (H)
Ross County (A)
Aberdeen (H)

That is our next 6 games. None of them (Motherwell the exemption although I still don’t fear them)are doing particularly great or showing any real consistency. A new, good manager would get a lot of points from those.

Tonight was our 11th game of the season meaning we have now played every team in the league this season- only 1 win. Relegation form at its best.

Heckingbottom lost the support the day we got pumped by Rangers, deepening the wound when taking Allan off against St Johnstone resulting in a draw. Team spirit in the squad is questionable, although they dug deep to come back tonight.

If we had lost to Killie in that cup game, I think he would have been gone by now.

RIP
30-10-2019, 10:33 PM
Christian Doidge and josh vela probably...

Why? Doidge was a Graham Mathie pick and Vela was a Neil Lennon recommendation from last January

we are hibs
30-10-2019, 10:33 PM
Doesnt fill me with confidence that hes being allowed to do post match stuff tbh. He should be gone tonight. Saturday is a write off with him in charge. If a fresh face increases our chances even by the smallest of margins we should go for it.

Smartie
30-10-2019, 10:38 PM
During the second half we played 2 up front with Scott Allan in behind, attacked them from the first minute to the last, won the half 2-0, could have scored more, got big performances from key players and made decent changes along the way.

If I thought PH could put a team out like that from the start I’d be 100% behind him staying on.

But I don’t. It will be back to that tentative 451, Doidge doing decent work in some half decent moves deep and out wide then not getting into the box to get an end product for the occasionally decent football.

I actually thought the goals were unlucky as much as anything. A deflection then a midfielder failing to clear his lines, then we’re right up against it.

chrisski33
30-10-2019, 10:39 PM
St Johnstone (A)
Motherwell (H)
St Mirren (A)
Kilmarnock (H)
Ross County (A)
Aberdeen (H)

Prob get 6 points from those games!

heid the baw
30-10-2019, 10:41 PM
I think he will be given November. He's had a full round of fixtures and has 9 points to show for it. If after 3 games into the second round the pattern is the same, then he goes and can have no complaints.
The result in Aberdeen and Saturdays result were bad ones. Derbies can go either way and tonight they were unlucky to go behind but fought back.
I would not be unhappy to see him go tomorrow, but I have a feeling he will be given a short leash by the new owner.

madhatter
30-10-2019, 10:42 PM

Did seem strange how smart he was dressed. Could be something fairly innocent if Ron is across. Might just have been invited to a meal with Ron’s family. I can’t see club sacking him with these draws. As people have pointed out, it’s all this “has 2 games” and “deserves the cup semi” stuff that’s probably saving him. If he had lost any of the past 2 games he would’ve been away in my opinion.

Draws are saving him. That livi player should have scored after he rounded Maxwell so we were quite fortunate.

Hibeesmad
30-10-2019, 10:42 PM
Hecky confirming in his post match conference that he met RG yesterday and had dinner with him last night, says he’s got Ron’s backing.

B.H.F.C
30-10-2019, 10:43 PM
My info;

I wonder if the number of empty seats tonight might have altered his thinking.

Nicho87
30-10-2019, 10:46 PM
The attendance and empty seats along with the atmosphere is night and day compared to 15 months ago. Scary how it’s turned

Unseen work
30-10-2019, 10:48 PM
Hecky confirming in his post match conference that he met RG yesterday and had dinner with him last night, says he’s got Ron’s backing.

You got a link? Not seen this.

Bishop Hibee
30-10-2019, 10:48 PM
Heckingbottom needs to go. We’ve got a lot of decent players, none of whom have been signed by him.

paddy1875
30-10-2019, 10:50 PM
He said he doesn’t understand why it takes a tactical change and a bollocking to get the players playing well??

Why don’t you apply the correct tactics from the start and give them a bollocking as your team talk before the game Paul?

Nicho87
30-10-2019, 10:53 PM
God forbid turning up and expecting to see a hibs team give anyone a proper doing these days. A Lennon team or Stubbs with proper system and players confident would beat that Livi and Ross county team by 3 clear goals. We are so far from where we want to be it’s unreal.

Carheenlea
30-10-2019, 10:53 PM
You got a link? Not seen this.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/paul-heckingbottom-speaks-after-livingston-draw-and-says-he-has-ron-gordons-backing-823855%3famp

Jim44
30-10-2019, 11:00 PM
God help us if RG is backing that trash.

SteveHFC
30-10-2019, 11:02 PM
God help us if RG is backing that trash.

Going to be a long season if that’s the case.

Captain Trips
30-10-2019, 11:36 PM
Well all of that RG stuff was before tonight's result.

Hibernia&Alba
30-10-2019, 11:47 PM
I've been expecting each game to be his last for a while now, so I don't know, he might just cling on once again. It seems inevitable he will go soon and we are just delaying the end.

Baader
31-10-2019, 12:00 AM
When draws at home to Livingston are deemed in any way a good result then things cannot really sink much lower.

Agree 100%

davym7062
31-10-2019, 12:31 AM
I wonder if the number of empty seats tonight might have altered his thinking.

wot u mean??? there was over 14000 there :wink::wink::wink:

NAE NOOKIE
31-10-2019, 12:37 AM

Probably a wee dig over the fact that since Ron Gordon took over we have heard a lot about Hibs as a community club, even to the extent that we advertise our own foundation on the shirt where an income generating sponsor should be. A few folk, including me, are of the opinion that so much emphasis on that side of things is beginning to become somewhat of a distraction.

We are a professional football club not a charity and though like everybody else I like to see Hibs engage with and help the community we draw our support from if we can it should be very much secondary to the business of winning football matches, attracting fans through the gate, and sourcing income from every possible stream available to improve the team and facilities for the folk who actually pay to watch the team and use those facilities on a Saturday.

31-10-2019, 02:10 AM
RG's allegedly is a shrewd businessman.
It shouldn't be taking him long to realise that this new business of his is being poorly managed both on and off the park.
The goal for any new ownership should be to bring about positive change. RG - those around your new acquisition are failing you and this Club. Time for radical change starting with that manager!

Once you've done that you'll realise the Club has been allowed to sleepwalk towards mediocrity. Standards have been allowed to slip. Services and facilities poorly maintained and when they do implement something new it usually doesn't work. I like others have stopped eating and drinking in the stadium because the service and quality has become so poor. Commercially we lag behind the rest and can't even get a main sponsor. Hibernian Community Foundation - nice try, but we don't zip up the back regardless of how you wrap it up. Bottom line people in the Club are not doing the job they are paid to do.

Only saving grace is Hearts are as bad as we are - always thought bragging rights were about how much better you are against your rivals as opposed to being just a bit less dross than them.
Time to get it sorted RG.

Hermit Crab
31-10-2019, 02:29 AM
I think he will be given November. He's had a full round of fixtures and has 9 points to show for it. If after 3 games into the second round the pattern is the same, then he goes and can have no complaints.
The result in Aberdeen and Saturdays result were bad ones. Derbies can go either way and tonight they were unlucky to go behind but fought back.
I would not be unhappy to see him go tomorrow, but I have a feeling he will be given a short leash by the new owner.

League matches

St Mirren home - Huffed and puffed and a late goal won it for us but St Mirren deserved a point. (early warning signs that we were in trouble)

Rangers away - alarm bells were ringing after he tried to play 2 strikers with 10 men against a rampant Rangers side who should have been 5-1 up at HT in that game. (I wanted him sacked after that match)

St Johnstone home - conceded a late equaliser in a match where we were brutal and deserved all we got because we tried to defend a 1 goal lead. (fans starting to get anxious, questions about his position and signings being asked)

Motherwell away - worst performance of the season at that point under PH, no leadership no fight and no plan B. (calls for his head already at the game)

Kilmarnock away - see Motherwell away. (could maybe have been sacked now)

Hearts at home - playing a team worse than us, go 1-0 up with 20 to play and crapped it. (definitely grounds for sacking him after that)

Celtic at home - fluke the lead and lucky not to get a hammering, escaped with a draw. (still grounds for sacking him here)

Aberdeen away - 0-1 up and cruising v 10 men, PH failed to go for the win by pitting a second striker onto exploit Aberdeen. Doidge misses 3 x sitters. (sacking him now would be seen as a statement from the board and showing that they are listening to the fans)

Hamilton away - 0-1 up and concede a stupid penalty again, trying to defend 0-1 lead.... ( his time was well up now)

Ross County home - 2-0 up against an extremely poor RC side and the players simply shat it with 16 minutes to play. If anyone was still defending PH after Saturday they need help. Players like Hanlon and Stevenson are time served guys at the club, zero leadership or game management skills shown by them. (sacking him now completely and utterly justified)

Livingston home - 0-2 down at HT to a poor side and only a glaring miss from a livvy player after he went round the keeper allowed us back into the game with a very late leveller. (he should be sacked in the next 24hrs no question)

That last derby at ER were were 1-0 up and comfortable, Hearts were not troubling us. Levein made a tactical sub by bringing on Irving and changed formation. Heckingbottom failed to counteract that until we were 1-2 down and by then it was too late.

Tonight we were not unlucky to be 0-2 down. Livingston were playing by far the better football and they got their reward. ***** defending did not help to be fair. Heckingbottom got lucky tonight, being 0-2 down at HT forced Heckingbottom to completely change the formation by going with 2 up front. Livy sat in the second half and we got lucky with the penalty and Boyle beat 2 knackered defenders to the ball to score. Still a terrible performance by Hibs. Not good enough. Hecky out.

overdrive
31-10-2019, 04:52 AM
League matches

St Mirren home - Huffed and puffed and a late goal won it for us but St Mirren deserved a point. (early warning signs that we were in trouble)

Rangers away - alarm bells were ringing after he tried to play 2 strikers with 10 men against a rampant Rangers side who should have been 5-1 up at HT in that game. (I wanted him sacked after that match)

St Johnstone home - conceded a late equaliser in a match where we were brutal and deserved all we got because we tried to defend a 1 goal lead. (fans starting to get anxious, questions about his position and signings being asked)

Motherwell away - worst performance of the season at that point under PH, no leadership no fight and no plan B. (calls for his head already at the game)

Hearts at home - playing a team worse than us, go 1-0 up with 20 to play and crapped it. (definitely grounds for sacking him after that)

Celtic at home - fluke the lead and lucky not to get a hammering, escaped with a draw. (still grounds for sacking him here)

Aberdeen away - 0-1 up and cruising v 10 men, PH failed to go for the win by pitting a second striker onto exploit Aberdeen. Doidge misses 3 x sitters. (sacking him now would be seen as a statement from the board and showing that they are listening to the fans)

Hamilton away - 0-1 up and concede a stupid penalty again, trying to defend 0-1 lead.... ( his time was well up now)

Ross County home - 2-0 up against an extremely poor RC side and the players simply shat it with 16 minutes to play. If anyone was still defending PH after Saturday they need help. Players like Hanlon and Stevenson are time served guys at the club, zero leadership or game management skills shown by them. (sacking him now completely and utterly justified)

Livingston home - 0-2 down at HT to a poor side and only a glaring miss from a livvy player after he went round the keeper allowed us back into the game with a very late leveller. (he should be sacked in the next 24hrs no question)

That last derby at ER were were 1-0 up and comfortable, Hearts were not troubling us. Levein made a tactical sub by bringing on Irving and changed formation. Heckingbottom failed to counteract that until we were 1-2 down and by then it was too late.

Tonight we were not unlucky to be 0-2 down. Livingston were playing by far the better football and they got their reward. ***** defending did not help to be fair. Heckingbottom got lucky tonight, being 0-2 down at HT forced Heckingbottom to completely change the formation by going with 2 up front. Livy sat in the second half and we got lucky with the penalty and Boyle beat 2 knackered defenders to the ball to score. Still a terrible performance by Hibs. Not good enough. Hecky out.

Fully agree! If Ron really is backing him, then the guy is clueless and we were better off with Petrie at the helm.

Colr
31-10-2019, 05:10 AM
Strachan in as an interim to stablise the team and get it moving forward while we take time to get the permanent structure and management right.

Stuart93
31-10-2019, 05:14 AM
PH is still getting interviews put up on the hibs twitter from hibs tv.

The guys going nowhere.

What a shambles this is.

JimBHibees
31-10-2019, 06:37 AM
League matches

No way we're Livi by far playing the better football. Pretty even game and they got a fortunate deflection and a gift. Rest of the game Hibs totally dominated.

Yorkshire HFC
31-10-2019, 06:52 AM
Well done PH you managed to get a draw from a losing position so you do have another string to your bow. Anyways can he please be removed from the club.

Who have you got lined up to take over?

Chorley Hibee
31-10-2019, 06:53 AM

Isn't that the job of the owner/board?

Yorkshire HFC
31-10-2019, 06:57 AM
Isn't that the job of the owner/board?

It is - but why do fans seem to think it's their job to get rid of the manager?

Chorley Hibee
31-10-2019, 07:03 AM

I don't think fans see it as their job, but they're entirely correct to voice their displeasure.

Captain Trips
31-10-2019, 07:36 AM

Why do I need to line up anyone? The guy is pish irrespective if I have 0 or 100 candidates.

WeeRussell
31-10-2019, 08:04 AM

Are you of the opinion that he’s the right man to take us forward, out of genuine interest?

Danderhall Hibs
31-10-2019, 08:13 AM
It's what fans want to see. Draws at home to the likes of Livingston and Ross County. :faf:

I can’t see where he said that? In fact I heard the interview and didn’t hear it either?

Why are you making stuff up?

Hermit Crab
31-10-2019, 08:36 AM
No way we're Livi by far playing the better football. Pretty even game and they got a fortunate deflection and a gift. Rest of the game Hibs totally dominated.

If thats the only thing you disagree with then my post isn't that bad then.

Unseen work
31-10-2019, 08:38 AM
I can’t see where he said that? In fact I heard the interview and didn’t hear it either?

Why are you making stuff up?

I think he’s heard Heckingbottom say fans want to see the same character and spirit shown in the second half and taken it completely out of context to have a go at him.

I want him gone but let’s not make stuff up like you say.

calumhibee1
31-10-2019, 08:39 AM
If thats the only thing you disagree with then my post isn't that bad then.

I’d like to disagree with the fact we were lucky not to get a tanking from Celtic please. Lucky not to get beat, maybe, but they were no great shakes themselves that day and we done well to limit them to what we did.

FitbaFolkKen
31-10-2019, 08:40 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191031/7f47057cc36e117430cf4cea1748ce47.jpg

Yorkshire HFC
31-10-2019, 08:40 AM
Are you of the opinion that he’s the right man to take us forward, out of genuine interest?

I don't know - I don't think he's had enough time for anyone to make a decision on that.

I'd stick with him at the moment.

I don't understand the internet mob mentality - it just becomes an expensive and endless cycle of sackings and replacements - that isn't going to work. The Board made a decision to appoint him - now they have to give him a chance for it to work.

Even Bertie Auld got more time than this guys getting!

heretoday
31-10-2019, 08:41 AM
We're unbeaten in four matches.

It's hardly grounds for sacking!

Keith_M
31-10-2019, 08:43 AM

Hearts fans?

:dunno:

calumhibee1
31-10-2019, 08:43 AM

It’s actually 6 matches :greengrin

Captain Trips
31-10-2019, 08:47 AM
I don't know - I don't think he's had enough time for anyone to make a decision on that.

I don't understand the internet mob mentality - it just becomes an expensive and endless cycle of sackings and replacements - that isn't going to work. The Board made a decision to appoint him - now they have to give him a chance for it to work.

What relevance has Bertie Auld to do with it? PH was in a position of strength not having to sell players to buy. He has made a monumental balls up of the likes I have not seen in my time watching Hibs. Statistically not worst manager but from backing and squad at start it doesn't get much worse.

Hermit Crab
31-10-2019, 08:52 AM
I’d like to disagree with the fact we were lucky not to get a tanking from Celtic please. Lucky not to get beat, maybe, but they were no great shakes themselves that day and we done well to limit them to what we did.

Ok, fair enough. Heres the stats from that game. We limited them to 20 shots on goal.

Possession
Hibs 53%
Celtic 47%

Shots
Hibs 3
Celtic 20

Shots on Target
Hibs 2
Celtic 7

Corners
Hibs 1
Celtic 4

Fouls
Hibs 13
Celtic14

makaveli1875
31-10-2019, 08:58 AM

Weve won 1 game in quarter of a season

Yorkshire HFC
31-10-2019, 08:58 AM
What relevance has Bertie Auld to do with it? PH was in a position of strength not having to sell players to buy. He has made a monumental balls up of the likes I have not seen in my time watching Hibs. Statistically not worst manager but from backing and squad at start it doesn't get much worse.

It's not great at the moment - and I'm sure he knows that better than anyone.

My memory is that when he was appointed, things weren't great - he needs time to turn things around. Do we not learn that in football, as in all things, you have to invest time to improve things?

Peoples expectations have changed - I remember being at Easter Road when we were 3 - 0 down to Dumbarton at half time - the team were booed off but as far as I can remember there were no mass calls for sackings, demonstrations, boycotts.

If people didn't want to go to the game - they didn't. They played golf or played football or went to the pub instead. Then they either came back or didn't - that's what happens. The internet won't change things - and Hibs will (hopefully) always still be there when people decide to come back.

calumhibee1
31-10-2019, 09:01 AM
Ok, fair enough. Heres the stats from that game. We limited them to 20 shots on goal.

Possession
Hibs 53%
Celtic 47%

Shots
Hibs 3
Celtic 20

Shots on Target
Hibs 2
Celtic 7

Corners
Hibs 1
Celtic 4

Fouls
Hibs 13
Celtic14

Yup. And how many of them were great chances? Not many. I certainly don’t remember our keeper having to make many saves of note.

If you want to go down that route and I could be arsed I’m sure the stats from a lot of our previous games would be heavily in our favour, last night being one where we had more possession than Celtic did against us by a mile, more corners than Celtic did against us by a mile, a couple less shots off target than Celtic did against us and the same amount on target as Celtic did against us. Forgive me for not being surprised that you’re not declaring how lucky Livi were to have not been hammered last night.

ionahibby
31-10-2019, 09:14 AM
Although admittedly we are struggling just now I still think we are a couple of games away yet before we do something. I don’t like that most people on this board take joy out of someone potentially losing their job whatever your feelings on him.

WestCoastHibby
31-10-2019, 09:14 AM
I just laugh at all the “conjecture “
Ooh he was in a suit?! Maybe he was this maybe he was that...
I want him away as well but at what cost financially?
He’s obviously not got a clue about Scottish football and should never have been given the job. Poor work by those in power.
I’d love him to turn it around and get a move elsewhere but that’s unlikely.
Something has to happen soon though

Captain Trips
31-10-2019, 09:17 AM
It's not great at the moment - and I'm sure he knows that better than anyone.

My memory is that when he was appointed, things weren't great - he needs time to turn things around. Do we not learn that in football, as in all things, you have to invest time to improve things?

Peoples expectations have changed - I remember being at Easter Road when we were 3 - 0 down to Dumbarton at half time - the team were booed off but as far as I can remember there were no mass calls for sackings, demonstrations, boycotts.

If people didn't want to go to the game - they didn't. They played golf or played football or went to the pub instead. Then they either came back or didn't - that's what happens. The internet won't change things - and Hibs will (hopefully) always still be there when people decide to come back.

Whsts the internet got to do with it? This is a place for discussion and nothing is decided from here. So if the whole stadium except you shouted out they wanted him sacked while at game not online how does that sit with you?

My memory is very clear Lennon was on a downturn but we still had a very decent set of players that if the next manager with a bit of backing could compliment and have a very useful squad. Somehow we have managed to get in a manager who instead of taking us forward or even keeping it the same has somehow managed to go backwards. This has nothing to do with Lennon or anyone else. He was given plenty of opportunity to change this team up and he has totally ruined it.

There is no excuse other than incompetence.

Captain Trips
31-10-2019, 09:21 AM
Although admittedly we are struggling just now I still think we are a couple of games away yet before we do something. I don’t like that most people on this board take joy out of someone potentially losing their job whatever your feelings on him.

There is no "joy" in him losing job, the joy is him not being the manager. I support Hibs and if best for club is him losing his job then I am comfortable with that.

heretoday
31-10-2019, 09:49 AM

Correct. There's nothing worse than the sight of grinning ten year-olds calling for a man to lose his job. What kind of homes do these kids come from?

cabbageandribs1875
31-10-2019, 10:03 AM

i thought livingston were playing pretty decent football in the first half, they really should have made better use of the acres of space they were finding down our right flank when near our box, james was coming in leaving the space

WeeRussell
31-10-2019, 10:18 AM

Thanks for the honest response.

For what it's worth, I think the same amount of people that attend games would want rid of the current manager, if the internet didn't exist.

emerald green
31-10-2019, 10:46 AM

Because the fans ARE the club. The club, any club, is nothing without its supporters. They are fully entitled to express their opinion(s).

Last time I checked, this is still allowed in this country.

emerald green
31-10-2019, 10:49 AM
League matches

This has got relegation written all over it. Woeful stuff. ANY manager responsible for that would be sacked.

Captain Trips
31-10-2019, 10:54 AM
Its a bloody shambles

https://www.hellomagazine.com/imagenes//celebrities/201106025541/the-apprentice-alan-sugar-ellie-reid-vincent-disneur-fired/0-20-241/alan-sugar--z.jpg

Hibernia&Alba
31-10-2019, 11:20 AM

I think that's an example of how statistics can create a false impression, as we've also not won any of those games.

hibeerealist
31-10-2019, 01:16 PM
League matches

Good post HC and I agree with it all, sadly.

greenlex
31-10-2019, 05:49 PM
Its a bloody shambles

https://www.hellomagazine.com/imagenes//celebrities/201106025541/the-apprentice-alan-sugar-ellie-reid-vincent-disneur-fired/0-20-241/alan-sugar--z.jpg
Hmmmm. Can’t make my mind up if you enjoyed posting this or not.

Captain Trips
31-10-2019, 05:52 PM
Hmmmm. Can’t make my mind up if you enjoyed posting this or not.

I did enjoy.

greenlex
31-10-2019, 05:55 PM
I did enjoy.:aok: Cheers.

Squirrel 1875
31-10-2019, 06:04 PM
Not having a go at the supporters representatives but this exact situation is why they were both given the roles. The roles were created because supporters demanded that our voice is heard when standards fall too far, as they did when we were relegated following the disastrous decision to employ and keep Butcher as manager when it was clearly not working.

Don’t beat around the bush at the next meeting, the strength of feeling on the matter of Paul Heckingbottom’s and Dempster’s performance at the club is pretty much across the board. They need to be told in no uncertain circumstance that Heckingbottom must be sacked before we get relegated (again) and that Dempster is in danger of ruining her reputation (already has in a few fellow supporters’ eyes).

Joe6-2
31-10-2019, 06:09 PM
Just get him to f***

Captain Trips
31-10-2019, 06:19 PM
Stubbs on radio now.

Robbo6-2
31-10-2019, 06:24 PM
Can anyone actually remember the last time actually enjoyed a 90minutes? Asteras or maybe Hamilton

Smartie
31-10-2019, 06:29 PM
Can anyone actually remember the last time actually enjoyed a 90minutes? Asteras or maybe Hamilton

Funnily enough I quite enjoyed it last night.

I'd not been at a game for a while and was interested to see how we got on.

The first half wasn't brilliant but we showed some decent stuff in flashes. The first goal was really unlucky, the second goal was really weak from Mallan and shoaled have been avoidable.

The second half we made changes to the team that I agreed with, attacked from the off and it was more like the kind of performance I want to see from Hibs, even if it was a poor result. I enjoyed the second half.

HibbyAndy
31-10-2019, 06:30 PM

It certainly wasn't this season , Can't remember the last time i left a hibs game feeling satisfied , We are dug***** and the standard is set when people come on here and say we were good for 20 minutes against Ross county and 20 minutes against Hamilton ? Really is that how low we have sunk ?!

We are god awful and this clown needs emptied NOW ! People are starting to accept mediocre and getting blinkered by draws

Speedway
31-10-2019, 06:33 PM
Anyone else hearing that Ron has made Heckingbottom a director of the club with control over managerial appointments?

Sir David Gray
31-10-2019, 06:33 PM
It certainly wasn't this season , Can't remember the last time i left a hibs game feeling satisfied , We are dug***** and the standard is set when people come on here and say we were good for 20 minutes against Ross county and 20 minutes against Hamilton ? Really is that how low we have sunk ?!

We are god awful and this clown needs emptied NOW ! People are starting to accept mediocre and getting blinkered by draws

100%.

Jim44
31-10-2019, 07:19 PM
Folk like me, and there are quite few of us, who are realistic and honest about how we see things at the club, are labelled bedwetters, snowflakes etc etc, and are accused of disloyalty to the club. Well, in my opinion, the worm has turned, and the erstwhile loyal, ever-optimistic ones, who are willing to cling on to our dud just because we don’t lose many games, are the ones who are doing the club a dis-service.

truehibernian
31-10-2019, 07:23 PM
Folk like me, and there are quite few of us, who are realistic and honest about how we see things at the club, are labelled bedwetters, snowflakes etc etc, and are accused of disloyalty to the club. Well, in my opinion, the worm has turned, and the erstwhile loyal, ever-optimistic ones, who are willing to cling on to our dud just because we don’t lose many games, are the ones who are doing the club a dis-service.

Jim, I like your posts and as ever agree - I'm always up for giving a manager a chance but the one we have just doesn't 'get it' and his defensive football is not only is a concern, it's given opposition teams an advantage before a ball is kicked - anyone coming to Easter Road now expects to win / get a result. He has to go for that fact alone - the mentality shift in such a short space of time is astonishing. There is no vibrancy around the team with him around.

Captain Trips
02-11-2019, 06:39 PM
As stated please not have us stating it again.

A Hi-Bee
02-11-2019, 07:03 PM
Jim, I like your posts and as ever agree - I'm always up for giving a manager a chance but the one we have just doesn't 'get it' and his defensive football is not only is a concern, it's given opposition teams an advantage before a ball is kicked - anyone coming to Easter Road now expects to win / get a result. He has to go for that fact alone - the mentality shift in such a short space of time is astonishing. There is no vibrancy around the team with him around.

Get rid of him and the ****ing board although it may already be to late.