PDA

View Full Version : England fined 2k for crossing half way line?

Sudds_1
30-10-2019, 09:13 AM
....our cash is safe then! 🙄🙄

Hibbyradge
30-10-2019, 09:17 AM

:faf:

I've no idea to what you refer, but that was funny!

Sudds_1
30-10-2019, 09:47 AM
:faf:

I've no idea to what you refer, but that was funny!

Engerland rugger team...crossed half way line during the haka!

RoxburghHibs
30-10-2019, 09:49 AM
Engerland rugger team...crossed half way line during the haka!

Ah I did wonder also!! That does seem a tad harsh.

easty
30-10-2019, 09:50 AM

:aok: very good

It's a bit of a shambles in reality though.

Bunch of guys dancing about in formation, sticking there tongues out and shouting - absolutley fine

Bunch of other guys standing in a V formation, slightly over a line - not allowed, and punished.

blackpoolhibs
30-10-2019, 09:51 AM
Have you ever heard so much ***** in all your life, fined for having the cheek to wander a couple of yards over the halfway line while a bunch of morris dancers are dancing in front of you giving you the biggest GTF actions you will ever have, and they stuck their tongues out at them too.:greengrin

Its PC gone mad i tell you.:wink:

Sudds_1
30-10-2019, 09:51 AM
Yea....i though all blacks shld be fined for threatening behaviour? 🙄

DarlingtonHibee
30-10-2019, 09:57 AM
I'm praying, praying they lose to the boks.

easty
30-10-2019, 09:58 AM
I'm praying, praying they lose to the boks.

It's only rugby. A lesser sport. Who cares who wins.

DarlingtonHibee
30-10-2019, 10:00 AM

I do 😂

Torto7
30-10-2019, 10:14 AM

Please don't go down the arrogant football is king route. Football is anything but the beautiful game these days, rugby test matches are far more entertaining.

RoxburghHibs
30-10-2019, 10:29 AM
Please don't go down the arrogant football is king route. Football is anything but the beautiful game these days, rugby test matches are far more entertaining.

Each to their own but I find rugby dull and unwatchable.

we are hibs
30-10-2019, 10:32 AM
Sounds thouroughly merited imo.

JimBHibees
30-10-2019, 10:44 AM

Obviously didn't watch Wales v South Africa absolute torture.

easty
30-10-2019, 10:46 AM

Football is better than rugby. Football IS king.

If that's arrogant then I don't care.

Rugby...a sport where for the majority of the year basically nobody is interested. A spike of interest for the 6 nations and the world cups. Another spike for those wee friendly tour things they play. There's club rugby throughout the year I think, but nobody cares. It's just rugby.

SaulGoodman
30-10-2019, 10:48 AM

Tinpot sport.

Lendo
30-10-2019, 10:51 AM

100% agree with this.

Hibby70
30-10-2019, 11:02 AM
One of the saddest things I've seen is a group of Scottish rugby fans doing a haka in a pub.

The Modfather
30-10-2019, 11:05 AM
Should be thrown out the competition IMO....

The dalmeny
30-10-2019, 11:08 AM

Rugby...a sport where for the majority of the year basically nobody is interested. A spike of interest for the 6 nations and the world cups. Another spike for those wee friendly tour things they play. There's club rugby throughout the year I think, but nobody cares. It's just rugby.

Glasgow, at least, are selling out their stadium pretty much every home game and have done so for a wee while with little away support attending. The 7 k or so they get probably puts them with better attendances than a number of SPL clubs.

FilipinoHibs
30-10-2019, 11:14 AM
I do 😂

We all do as it will be rammed down our throats. Although might bring independence sooner.

FilipinoHibs
30-10-2019, 11:15 AM

I am from Hawick. That is a hanging offence there

SaulGoodman
30-10-2019, 11:20 AM
I am from Hawick. That is a hanging offence there

Do they not still drown witches there?

easty
30-10-2019, 11:20 AM
Glasgow, at least, are selling out their stadium pretty much every home game and have done so for a wee while with little away support attending. The 7 k or so they get probably puts them with better attendances than a number of SPL clubs.

A better attendance than a lot of SPL clubs, but far far less people go out to regularly watch the lesser sport of rugby, than they do football.

92k people went to see SPL games last weekend. That's just the SPL, not including the lower leagues. How many people went out to watch the last round of Scottish club rugby fixtures?

Greenbeard
30-10-2019, 12:41 PM
Obviously didn't watch Wales v South Africa absolute torture.
That's Gatland for you. Mind he could prob do a better job at ER than Heck.
If Ingerlund reproduce their SF form they will beat the Boks convincingly.
But who gives a toss. Just give me three points tonight please.
And I don't mean three beers in an Irish bar.

cabbageandribs1875
30-10-2019, 12:56 PM
they should have been booted out of the competition for giving the V sign :cb

although tbf it was organised by that arrogant classless little to$$er eddie jones

Eyrie
30-10-2019, 01:34 PM
Unsurprising that a football board has a number of posters who think football is superior to rugby.

But I've never seen a rugby player get away with putting in the level of effort shown by Vela and Newall, or being as ineffective as Doidge, let alone getting away with it for weeks on end.

southsider
30-10-2019, 01:39 PM

Maybe that’s what Heckbo is trying to avoid at corners

Keith_M
30-10-2019, 01:45 PM
:aok: very good

It's a bit of a shambles in reality though.

Bunch of guys dancing about in formation, sticking there tongues out and shouting - absolutley fine

Bunch of other guys standing in a V formation, slightly over a line - not allowed, and punished.

I agree, it's a total nonsense.

The All Blacks perform what can only be described as an aggressive, antagonistic display before every game, but the other side is suppose to treat it with respect?

I'd either ban them doing it, or allow every other side to react in any way they want (e.g. Scotland players giving them the V sign and shouting "C'mon then!!")

heretoday
30-10-2019, 01:47 PM
Back in the day the Haka wasn't terribly impressive or coordinated. It was just a rather curious example of NZ culture for the crowd to enjoy.

Now, needless to say, it's a full production number and designed to intimidate big style.

I've felt for a long time that it gives the All Blacks an unfair advantage right from the off. Full marks for any side therefore that tries to counter or even disrupt the thing.

It's spectacular and macho and presumably sells stuff and that's why the authorities are desperate to preserve its hallowed status - hence the ticking-off for England - but it's time to end it in my opinion.

Maybe the NZ team could perform it in the dressing room beforehand with TV coverage and it could go on the big screen prior to the teams coming out. Fat chance, I suppose.

easty
30-10-2019, 01:59 PM
Unsurprising that a football board has a number of posters who think football is superior to rugby.

But I've never seen a rugby player get away with putting in the level of effort shown by Vela and Newall, or being as ineffective as Doidge, let alone getting away with it for weeks on end.

That's all completley irrelevant with regards to how much football is superior though.

However, havent scotland been ineffective for years at rugby?

Hibee87
30-10-2019, 02:12 PM

People can like both, others don't. Pretty sure if you asked the majority of Rugger fans at a Scotland game their thoughts on football they would claim football fans are just 'hooligans' and that Rugby is the 'superior' sport :rolleyes:

The effort put in by a player for either sport is neither here nor there.

Sylar
30-10-2019, 02:27 PM
They both just displayed something from their cultural backgrounds: New Zealand with the Haka, and England invading a territory that wasn't theirs and they had no business being in :confused:

Scouse Hibee
30-10-2019, 03:07 PM
Never understood why the opposition don’t just turn their backs to it.

easty
30-10-2019, 03:10 PM
Never understood why the opposition don’t just turn their backs to it.

Or why it would scare/bother them regardless?

Sudds_1
30-10-2019, 03:41 PM
When i played for musselburgh we had an annual new year game against haddington. Nowt really serious coz most were still pished from hogmanay....but one year we decided on a haka tribute...so we all lined up at the centre line, raised our hands,stuck tongues out and chanted.....

.....one potato two potato 3 potato......😁😁🙄..

The Pointer
30-10-2019, 03:56 PM
I couldn't believe it when I heard it on the radio this morning.

The ABs are allowed to work themselves up with their song and dance routine and England get punished for facing them up and a marginal step over the line.

I think it's part and parcel of the ABs ethos and history, but as heretoday says it's all polished and choreographed nowadays. A few years ago I think the Irish team got right up into their faces and didn't get punished as it was seen as them reciprocating the aggression.

Time for the other teams to wander about on the pitch ignoring ghem or go into a huddle while the New Zealanders perform for the tourists in the crowd.

heretoday
30-10-2019, 04:14 PM
Or why it would scare/bother them regardless?

I think I might find it a trifle discouraging! I'm sure they're trained to deal with it but the question is whether NZ should be allowed that morale boost at all.

Gaz
30-10-2019, 04:29 PM
Back in the day the Haka wasn't terribly impressive or coordinated. It was just a rather curious example of NZ culture for the crowd to enjoy.

Now, needless to say, it's a full production number and designed to intimidate big style.

I've felt for a long time that it gives the All Blacks an unfair advantage right from the off. Full marks for any side therefore that tries to counter or even disrupt the thing.

It's spectacular and macho and presumably sells stuff and that's why the authorities are desperate to preserve its hallowed status - hence the ticking-off for England - but it's time to end it in my opinion.

Maybe the NZ team could perform it in the dressing room beforehand with TV coverage and it could go on the big screen prior to the teams coming out. Fat chance, I suppose.

Could no agree more can’t believe teams are made to respect and chant/dance to intimidate you and forced to watch.

Moulin Yarns
30-10-2019, 04:38 PM
Not that i know if it happens, but does The Kiwis doing their war dance not delay the kick off?

If it does would it not be within the rights of the other team to just kick off with them arsing about?

It seams that 'world rugby' pander to their theatrics.

BBC

World Rugby rules stipulate teams must remain within their own half of the pitch to receive the challenge.
World Rugby said England breached tournament rules "relating to cultural challenges".
Reacting to news of the fine, New Zealand head coach Steve Hansen said he thought England's response to the haka was "fantastic", adding: "They didn't get fined for responding, they got fined because they went over halfway.
"If you understand the haka then it requires a response. It's a challenge to you personally and it requires you to have a response. I thought it was brilliant - quite imaginative too."
In 2011, France formed an arrowhead shape and advanced on New Zealand while they performed the haka before the World Cup final in Auckland and were subsequently fined £2,500 for breaching a "cultural ritual protocol".

What a loada*****!

Next time Scotland play them they should turn their backs and drop their shorts.

Eyrie
30-10-2019, 04:56 PM
That's all completley irrelevant with regards to how much football is superior though.

However, havent scotland been ineffective for years at rugby?

That's all completely irrelevant with regards to how much rugby is superior though.

However, haven't Scotland been ineffective for years at football?

People can like both, others don't. Pretty sure if you asked the majority of Rugger fans at a Scotland game their thoughts on football they would claim football fans are just 'hooligans' and that Rugby is the 'superior' sport :rolleyes:

The effort put in by a player for either sport is neither here nor there.
I enjoy both and don't regard either as superior.

But the lack of effort we see from football players and feigning injury are two examples of why football can't claim to be superior. Kick tennis or repetitive pick and drive are two examples of why rugby shouldn't claim to be either.

easty
30-10-2019, 05:09 PM
That's all completely irrelevant with regards to how much rugby is superior though.

However, haven't Scotland been ineffective for years at football?

I enjoy both and don't regard either as superior.

But the lack of effort we see from football players and feigning injury are two examples of why football can't claim to be superior. Kick tennis or repetitive pick and drive are two examples of why rugby shouldn't claim to be either.

Call it however you like. In terms of skill involved, especially at the highest level, rugby doesn’t come close to football.

And I’ve yet to see a football team resort to something like fake blood capsules in order to make a sub. That’s another level of feigning injury.

Joe6-2
30-10-2019, 05:39 PM

You will if you watch any tv at all, saturation celebrations

lord bunberry
30-10-2019, 05:49 PM
Call it however you like. In terms of skill involved, especially at the highest level, rugby doesn’t come close to football.

And I’ve yet to see a football team resort to something like fake blood capsules in order to make a sub. That’s another level of feigning injury.
:agree: Most folk play rugby because they’re **** at football. I watched a bit of the Wales game and for around 5 minutes Wales just recycled the ball and tried to ram their way through to score a try, it didn’t work. There’s very little skill in rugby, it’s all about brute force and running.

blackpoolhibs
30-10-2019, 05:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htCTWZqCMhQ

It is a little different these days.:greengrin

The Pointer
30-10-2019, 05:59 PM
:agree: Most folk play rugby because they’re **** at football. I watched a bit of the Wales game and for around 5 minutes Wales just recycled the ball and tried to ram their way through to score a try, it didn’t work. There’s very little skill in rugby, it’s all about brute force and running.

Nothing could be further from the truth. Granted the Wales v Seffrika game was a tactical borefest but the game the previous day had so much skill on view.

The dalmeny
30-10-2019, 06:15 PM

That's why they got a 360k fine, the coach banned for 3 years and the doc struck off by the GMC