PDA

View Full Version : John Collins and Yogi

Superfurry72
29-10-2019, 05:20 PM
Just spotted them in the Renfield Street branch of Tony Macaroni having dinner together. Maybe they’re plotting a coup! 😂😂

Onion
29-10-2019, 05:22 PM
Just spotted them in the Renfield Street branch of Tony Macaroni having dinner together. Maybe they’re plotting a cup o soup ! 😂😂

Fixed for you.

Cataplana
29-10-2019, 05:24 PM
Tony Macaroni the thinking man's Gregg's.

Sammy7nil
29-10-2019, 05:26 PM
Just spotted them in the Renfield Street branch of Tony Macaroni having dinner together. Maybe they’re plotting a coup! 😂😂

More likely planning their next game of golf :greengrin

Bostonhibby
29-10-2019, 05:27 PM
All those Years ago they both saw Hibs as a stepping stone to their ultimate goal of one day launching a joint takeover bid for ownership of a Scottish based Italian style restaurant chain, and it sounds like it's about to happen.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

#2 Double Tap
29-10-2019, 05:35 PM
would take them back no problem, jc head coach, yogi as assistant.

just need boozy, latapy and mixu as coaches and it would feel like a proper dream team

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Brightside
29-10-2019, 05:40 PM
They are together all the time.

Captain Trips
29-10-2019, 05:45 PM
JC is showing the waiters some press ups.

Speedway
29-10-2019, 05:49 PM
They are comparing six packs.

Yogi’s have all got ring pulls.

Captain Trips
29-10-2019, 05:51 PM
All the staff have just went round to see their manager as they do not wish to serve his table anymore.

Feed McGraw
29-10-2019, 05:57 PM
All the staff have just went round to see their manager as they do not wish to serve his table anymore. Waiter folk ken whit`s gaun oan.

greenpaper55
29-10-2019, 06:05 PM
Yogi thinks a coup is something in a field !

Betty Boop
29-10-2019, 06:07 PM
Mickey Weir was talking Yogi up for the job on Sportsound last night.

Eaststand
29-10-2019, 06:30 PM

He was far from perfect, but surely a guy who played for, and also managed our club deserves better than daft comments that are an attempt to poke fun at him.

GGTTH

SMAXXA
29-10-2019, 06:37 PM
He was far from perfect, but surely a guy who played for, and also managed our club deserves better than daft comments that are an attempt to poke fun at him.

GGTTH

I’m sure it would be tongue and cheeky. Fwiw I’ve seen a hell of a lot worse things said about ex players managers who also did their best for the club.

Wilson
29-10-2019, 06:41 PM
Mickey Weir was talking Yogi up for the job on Sportsound last night.

He should say something else.

Eaststand
29-10-2019, 06:51 PM
I’m sure it would be tongue and cheeky. Fwiw I’ve seen a hell of a lot worse things said about ex players managers who also did their best for the club.

Aye that might well be the case, and each to their own I suppose.

GGTTH

heid the baw
29-10-2019, 07:04 PM

GGTTH

I thought it was quite funny

hibee-boys
30-10-2019, 05:32 AM
Yogi far from perfect but one thing is for sure, the likes of Vela and Newell would be nowhere near his hibs team.

Danderhall Hibs
30-10-2019, 05:56 AM
Yogi far from perfect but one thing is for sure, the likes of Vela and Newell would be nowhere near his hibs team.

He’d much prefer the likes of Paddy Cregg and Alan Gow for those positions.

Did Yogi sign van de Graaf?

Brizo
30-10-2019, 06:17 AM

:greengrin

Despite protestations from the sense of humour police I thought that was funny and I guess Yogi would too.

Golden Bear
30-10-2019, 07:09 AM
We could do worse but I don't think for a minute that they would be interested.

Smartie
30-10-2019, 07:11 AM
Did they play together at Celtic?

They’re a bit of an odd couple.

hibee-boys
30-10-2019, 07:13 AM

Point taken but from what i've seen so far of Vela/Newell I'd rather have Paddy/Gow!

hfc rd
30-10-2019, 07:14 AM

He did sign De Graaf.

Other than Stokes & Miller, his record isn’t far off from Heckingbottom’s when it came to signings.

Golden Bear
30-10-2019, 07:33 AM

Big golfing mates these days.

blackpoolhibs
30-10-2019, 07:36 AM
He did sign De Graaf.

Other than Stokes & Miller, his record isn’t far off from Heckingbottom’s when it came to signings.

He took his team into Europe through our league position, much like Lennon.

Not good enough now, and signs of a poor manager apparently.

Both had their best players sold and especially yogi, was given nothing from the board to replace them.

Infrastructure, remember that and patience, we had to build something or other so we could get to the lovely position we have today of no debt and more money to spend on quality. :faf:

And that gets us nicely back to Hecky.:rolleyes:

Sammy7nil
30-10-2019, 08:28 AM

Yogi would bite yer hand off whilst walking on broken glass to get here not sure about Collins

Golf mates

jacomo
30-10-2019, 08:36 AM
JC is showing the waiters some press ups.

I’d have him back to whip our squad into shape in a heartbeat.

IngolstadtHarry
30-10-2019, 09:27 AM

GGTTH

:agree:

IngolstadtHarry
30-10-2019, 09:32 AM
He took his team into Europe through our league position, much like Lennon.

Not good enough now, and signs of a poor manager apparently.

Both had their best players sold and especially yogi, was given nothing from the board to replace them.

Infrastructure, remember that and patience, we had to build something or other so we could get to the lovely position we have today of no debt and more money to spend on quality. :faf:

And that gets us nicely back to Hecky.:rolleyes:

:top marks

FilipinoHibs
30-10-2019, 09:35 AM
He should say something else.

Normally quite a sensible soul to.

I'm Spartacus
30-10-2019, 09:35 AM
As said above, they're like husband and wife these days. Never apart and always at Craigielaw.

GreenCastle
30-10-2019, 09:41 AM
Oddly someone told me they were being lined up a few months ago.

Surely just a random rumour but would happily take them both now to get some passion back.

Diclonius
30-10-2019, 09:43 AM
https://i.imgur.com/1wWKZlg.jpg

It's a no from me on Yogi.

0% derby win record isn't the best either.

Anthony Soprano
30-10-2019, 10:04 AM

Disagree think both would be interested, especially Yogi.

It's a completely different team of board members from the ones that Collins had problems with, also a new owner so potentially a scope there for more funds than he was allowed in his last stint here, which if i remember correctly was the reason he gave for leaving.

Yogi would bite your hand off for the Hibs job, Hibs through and through, bleeds green and white, one of our own. Not to mention currently out a job.

CRAZYHIBBY
30-10-2019, 10:16 AM
Couldn't think of anything worse than a dream team of those two

blackpoolhibs
30-10-2019, 10:22 AM
Couldn't think of anything worse than a dream team of those two

Secondbottom and Stockdale?????

Captain Trips
30-10-2019, 10:51 AM

Indeed, I would even go as far at that Butcher, Fenlon and Calderwood with the same players could have got more than one win.

Smartie
30-10-2019, 11:02 AM
Indeed, I would even go as far at that Butcher, Fenlon and Calderwood with the same players could have got more than one win.

I could just imagine the confidence and belief these players would have after Butcher and Malpas had screamed in their faces.

Fenlon would be lost with just one (if that) defensive midfielder, as he prefers to have about 45 defensive midfield options in his squad.

And how interested would this shower of pish be if they were being motivated my a man who was dreaming about somebody else's sweeties?

McLeish of old, Mowbray or Stubbs would get a tune from these players. I'm not sure any of our other previous managers would.

gillythehibby
30-10-2019, 11:08 AM

he also signed Stokes and Liam Millar. Canny get it bang on all the time eh ? :wink:

FilipinoHibs
30-10-2019, 11:19 AM
https://i.imgur.com/1wWKZlg.jpg

It's a no from me on Yogi.

0% derby win record isn't the best either.

Keep them.aeay from the club. Poor record since they left. When Yogi was at ER every team used to control the midfield. Probably because we had only two players there.

davhibby
30-10-2019, 11:26 AM
What we have at the moment is far far better than Collins and Yogi. Yogi had a good 6 months with us and has been a bigger disaster than Hecky has at hibs in every job since. Collins and Yogi worked together at Livi and were rubbish.

SRHibs
30-10-2019, 11:28 AM
but surely a guy who played for, and also managed our club deserves better
GGTTH

Yup, we should give him the same amount of respect that PH is afforded on here.

blackpoolhibs
30-10-2019, 11:29 AM
What we have at the moment is far far better than Collins and Yogi. Yogi had a good 6 months with us and has been a bigger disaster than Hecky has at hibs in every job since. Collins and Yogi worked together at Livi and were rubbish.

Away with yourself, Secondbottom will NEVER win the Scottish Cup or take a team into Europe with a 4th place or better finish.

SRHibs
30-10-2019, 11:29 AM

PH merely adopted the art of talking pish. Yogi was born into it, molded by it.

Winston Ingram
30-10-2019, 11:30 AM
I'm sure they're next door neighbours. They stay next to Craigielaw Golf Course.

gillythehibby
30-10-2019, 12:15 PM
He did sign De Graaf.

And yet he got us into 4th place and into europe. Probably with a worse budget that ******gbottom has

cabbageandribs1875
30-10-2019, 12:22 PM
i'm still not in the mood to forgive Yogi for that 6-6 game at murrawell

yep a long time to hold a grudge :), i don't think a man who's team couldn't hold on to a 4-goal lead would be any better than a man who's team can't hold on to 1 or 2 goal leads

30-10-2019, 12:39 PM
Yogi - decent 1st season but stuttered into 4th when we should probably have finished 3rd. That was the start of a downward spiral and the following season was awful.

Collins - a list of mediocre signings coupled with poor man management saw him ultimately spitting his dummy the day after the training centre opened.

Both had their chance. No-one beating their doors down to bring them in as manager elsewhere. That tells a story in itself.

overdrive
30-10-2019, 01:06 PM
They’ve worked together before at Livi.

we are hibs
30-10-2019, 01:11 PM
I could just imagine the confidence and belief these players would have after Butcher and Malpas had screamed in their faces.

Fenlon would be lost with just one (if that) defensive midfielder, as he prefers to have about 45 defensive midfield options in his squad.

And how interested would this shower of pish be if they were being motivated my a man who was dreaming about somebody else's sweeties?

McLeish of old, Mowbray or Stubbs would get a tune from these players. I'm not sure any of our other previous managers would.

Mowbray is under a wee bit pressure at blackburn just now. Could be available soon..

eastmainsmsh
30-10-2019, 01:53 PM
Van de Graf got off to a flyer v Maribor he had a good pedigree looked good in the youtube videos as well but he was done lost pace etc
That would be Decent Collins and Yogi both winners

Smartie
30-10-2019, 03:10 PM
I liked both Collins and Yogi but would they not have broadly similar strengths and weaknesses?

Do we want the men who signed Alan O'Brien and Ed de Graaf signing players?

Alternatively, let the recruitment team do their thing and have Collins temper Hughes' radgeness and have Hughes be a bit more down to Earth than Collins' aloof perfectionist might allow for.

The more I think about it, the more I think I'd be up for it. They both had big positives as managers and both actually achieved something at Hibs (Collins won a cup, Hughes got us into Europe via league position, neither of which are to be sniffed at).

patch1875
30-10-2019, 03:19 PM
I'm sure they're next door neighbours. They stay next to Craigielaw Golf Course.

JC does, thought Yogi was in Port Seton?

Cataplana
30-10-2019, 03:36 PM
I liked both Collins and Yogi but would they not have broadly similar strengths and weaknesses?

Do we want the men who signed Alan O'Brien and Ed de Graaf signing players?

Alternatively, let the recruitment team do their thing and have Collins temper Hughes' radgeness and have Hughes be a bit more down to Earth than Collins' aloof perfectionist might allow for.

The more I think about it, the more I think I'd be up for it. They both had big positives as managers and both actually achieved something at Hibs (Collins won a cup, Hughes got us into Europe via league position, neither of which are to be sniffed at).

I wonder how Kamberi would take to Yogis "old school" motivational methods?

Smartie
30-10-2019, 04:20 PM
I wonder how Kamberi would take to Yogis "old school" motivational methods?

He was happy enough with Lennon's methods whilst the team was playing well.

Hughes had his favourites and if you were doing the business for him then he was fine (see his good relationship with Stokes).

There comes a time when a player disagrees with so many managers' methods that the problem is no longer with the managers.

hibsbollah
30-10-2019, 04:23 PM
Yogi>Fenlon>Heck=Calderwood>Butcher, in my opinion.

But it's hardly an esteemed list. I wouldn't trust any of them with a transfer budget. Or with anything sharp really

offshorehibby
30-10-2019, 04:24 PM
Haha the pair must be pinching, they're in La Favorita the night

Captain Trips
30-10-2019, 04:25 PM

Previous clubs or clubs after us are irreleavnt. John Hughes is light years ahead of this mob in just now as was Collins. That does not mean a lot seeing as how bad Heckingbottom is. Heckingbottom was garbage at Leeds so if you are citing other jobs then PH was awful at his last job. Stubbs was good for us not so his next 2 clubs and i dont care its what they do here.

John Hughes is not the best manager we have had but he is far better than Heckingbottom.

Smartie
30-10-2019, 04:29 PM
Haha the pair must be pinching, they're in La Favorita the night

All this pizza will see Collins upgrading his six-pack for a party keg like Yogi's.

Paisley Hibby
30-10-2019, 04:55 PM
I thought folk bigging up Yogi and Collins for the job were on the wind up - and then realised some were actually serious. I know things are bad but Jeez.....

GoalsMcGinley
30-10-2019, 06:34 PM
Both in hospitality tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
30-10-2019, 06:38 PM
Both in hospitality tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both Livi legends.

Since452
30-10-2019, 07:01 PM
I thought folk bigging up Yogi and Collins for the job were on the wind up - and then realised some were actually serious. I know things are bad but Jeez.....

Would be the blind leading the blind

heretoday
30-10-2019, 08:27 PM
People want a robot with Collins head, Stubbs torso and Yogi's cojones.

Captain Trips
30-10-2019, 08:59 PM

Naw mate just naw.

Danderhall Hibs
30-10-2019, 10:21 PM
he also signed Stokes and Liam Millar. Canny get it bang on all the time eh ? :wink:

:agree: but the trick is to pick the bad ones when you’re trying to make a point.

kaimendhibs
31-10-2019, 02:29 AM
Oh my god. Yogi and collins? Really?
Both hibs but never ever good enough to manage our club

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk