PDA

View Full Version : Is the Feeling of Powerlessness What's Frustrating People?

HibeeHibernian4
28-10-2019, 06:20 PM
This is an observation I've made not just from .net but in the pubs and on Facebook too.

For me it seems like a large part of the anger towards the Heckingbottom situation is that fans expected the board to listen to them the second they turned on him.

As of yet the board don't seem to being paying much notice to what the majority think.

Every week fans are writing/saying surely this is the Monday Hecky walks, only to be even more disappointed when it isn't the case.

Is the reason why some people are so anti-Heckingbottom (beyond just wanting him to leave the club IMHO) is because they're annoyed the club aren't listening to them?

Should we as a fanbase be worried that we are routinely ignored in all departments by the board, or do they know best and we should be grateful they let us in the stadium for the generous price of nearly £500 a season.

Captain Trips
28-10-2019, 06:28 PM
This is an observation I've made not just from .net but in the pubs and on Facebook too.

For me it seems like a large part of the anger towards the Heckingbottom situation is that fans expected the board to listen to them the second they turned on him.

As of yet the board don't seem to being paying much notice to what the majority think.

Every week fans are writing/saying surely this is the Monday Hecky walks, only to be even more disappointed when it isn't the case.

Is the reason why some people are so anti-Heckingbottom (beyond just wanting him to leave the club IMHO) is because they're annoyed the club aren't listening to them?

Should we as a fanbase be worried that we are routinely ignored in all departments by the board, or do they know best and we should be grateful they let us in the stadium for the generous price of nearly £500 a season.

I would not say I am Anti-Heckingbottom because the club are not doing what I want.

The Club are individuals like us and they have their views and understand what is and is not viable. What they do not have is anymore expertise than you or me or lots of people on what good football is and results. This moment in time we are a team not even close to where we should be. Now if the individuals at the club think the investment made is a team that sits 11th and week by week falls behind the teams above then they are happy. If they are similair to many of us then they simply cannot find this acceptable.

Andy74
28-10-2019, 06:38 PM
I would not say I am Anti-Heckingbottom because the club are not doing what I want.

The Club are individuals like us and they have their views and understand what is and is not viable. What they do not have is anymore expertise than you or me or lots of people on what good football is and results. This moment in time we are a team not even close to where we should be. Now if the individuals at the club think the investment made is a team that sits 11th and week by week falls behind the teams above then they are happy. If they are similair to many of us then they simply cannot find this acceptable.

Alternatively they are also unhappy with current performance but as decision makers in receipt of all the facts and with more knowledge than us of medium and long term targets they’ve decided not to make a change as yet.

I’d have got rid of him to be fair but I’m not particularly qualified to make that call. I don’t know what’s going on day to day, I don’t know what plans are in place to improve performance and I don’t know if any of the managers who come into our succession planning are obtainable just now.

flash
28-10-2019, 06:41 PM
The support arent covering themselves in glory that's for sure. Every post on Twitter or Facebook by the club, regardless of subject matter, is met by a torrent of abuse, much of it pretty offensive.
This forum in comparison is pretty rational in as much as people back up their opinions with reasons.
We don't all agree but at least it rarely descends to the level of other media platforms.

Leith Green
28-10-2019, 07:00 PM

My anger is towards Heckingbottom for his poor management of the team and then secondary to that im angry that the club have not came out and acknowledged the fans concerns at the very least. Our league position is a disgrace , our results this season have been a disgrace, our performances have been a disgrace.. A lot of fans are angry that the club appear to be accepting this as being okay.

basehibby
28-10-2019, 07:08 PM

The anger towards Heckingbottom is not personal or has certainly not started off as such - it is purely based on his pish poor performance as Hibs manager. With a budget most of his predecessors could only have dreamed of he has conspired to make a complete arse of things, and if rumours are to be believed, has saddled the club with a financial burden in the shape of a group of players set to be paid grossly out of proportion with their footballing talent over the next few years. It is only a matter of time before that anger is transferred directly to the board of directors if they continue to prevaricate over what has become the obvious necessity to relieve him of his duties.

Pretty Boy
28-10-2019, 07:11 PM
I think my frustration stems from the fact that I totally bought into the 'new Hibs'. I've read a few people refer to fans as 'spoiled brats' post the SC win. Whilst I wouldn't say that applies to me, I've been there through the bad times as well as the good, I probably do feel a bit deflated because I thought we were on a steady upward trajectory.

It's impossible to have a club like Hibs and not have a disappointing season or 2, that just reality. However the complete collapse we have seen over the last few months is pretty hard to take. It flies in the face of everything the club said about consistently being 'best of the rest', 'no more boom and bust' and so on. Maybe there was a naivety on my part for believing it but so much of what they said seemed to make sense.

There just seems a total malaise about the club at the moment. Lost of little things become big things and of course when the team aren't performing they are highlighted even more. Hopefully it's just a new owner assessing what he sees and making decisions accordingly. Football is a finite business though and we need action soon. If we continue on this path ST sales, which took years to rebuild, will completely collapse.

Maybe this is all just a bump in the road and sometime soon we'll look back and laugh about how worked up we all got about it but it doesn't feel like that right now.

tonyrougier123
28-10-2019, 07:11 PM
It's the recruitment thats scunnered him.

I dont like his football.but I'd have been happy to continue in the same battling displays we showed when he first arrived.

His stubbornness to play one up top is not helping the anger of fans,who most know we are struggling just by seeing the starting line up.

He is showing zero adaptability to the results we are getting,trying nothing new on the park,and making strange positional and substitution decisions.

He has blamed the support at one point for transfering anxiety to the players,obviously alienating himself from the fans.

Didn't play his own signings for a while.the list goes on and on.

I belive the main issue to be the recruitment dept.
Craig is leaving and mathie takes on a similar role, so problems have been highlighted.
These guys failed lennon,who had his flaws,but was night and day better than the current coaching staff.
Lennon was buried by the recruitment too imo.I know ppl wont agree,and I also know he made some strange team selections towards the end.but lennon was my kind of coach.

The main point though is we as supporters have collectively came to the same conclusion that hecky is not the man for the job.

Past inactivity at these crucial points by the club hierarchy are fueling the ramped up agitation towards the gaffer,nothing more than that for me.

But what is clear as day is its not working in its current format at the club.

bingo70
28-10-2019, 07:12 PM
From my perspective the clubs failure to act on the feelings of the supporters is fuelling my feeling of apathy rather than anger.

I know it won’t be the case but my perception of the club right now is that nobody really gives a **** and I’m finding myself going the same way.

Everyone reacts differently though, maybe if I was an angrier and more aggressive person I’d be going more that way on social media to try and get people to listen, not that I’m saying that’s the right way to go about it, it’s not, well imo anyway it’s not.

FWIW I also agree with Andy74, it is much easier for us to just say sack the manager, the club need to consider all the consequences of doing so, if they end up being wrong they can’t just have a laugh about it in hindsight like most of us do when we are wrong about something. A lot of money and people’s livelihoods to consider and it’s not something that can be done hastily (I think his time is up and I’m surprised he’s not been sacked yet, I can understand the delay though, even if I do find it frustrating)

Keith_M
28-10-2019, 07:25 PM
What a weird post.

ancient hibee
28-10-2019, 07:25 PM
My frustration is that in many years of following Hibs I have seen plenty teams worse than this one but there was usually a reason -mainly shortage of money leading to top players being sold, often to rivals.But this situation has arisen when the club is in an excellent financial position and this benefit has been frittered away.The whole point of the transfer window is to bring in players who will improve the playing pool and nobody can think that has happened.Those responsible should be ashamed.

Sammy7nil
28-10-2019, 07:44 PM
Alternatively they are also unhappy with current performance but as decision makers in receipt of all the facts and with more knowledge than us of medium and long term targets they’ve decided not to make a change as yet.

I would love to know what facts and knowledge they have we don't :confused:

I think my frustration stems from the fact that I totally bought into the 'new Hibs'. I've read a few people refer to fans as 'spoiled brats' post the SC win. Whilst I wouldn't say that applies to me, I've been there through the bad times as well as the good, I probably do feel a bit deflated because I thought we were on a steady upward trajectory.

It's impossible to have a club like Hibs and not have a disappointing season or 2, that just reality. However the complete collapse we have seen over the last few months is pretty hard to take. It flies in the face of everything the club said about consistently being 'best of the rest', 'no more boom and bust' and so on. Maybe there was a naivety on my part for believing it but so much of what they said seemed to make sense.

There just seems a total malaise about the club at the moment. Lost of little things become big things and of course when the team aren't performing they are highlighted even more. Hopefully it's just a new owner assessing what he sees and making decisions accordingly. Football is a finite business though and we need action soon. If we continue on this path ST sales, which took years to rebuild, will completely collapse.

Maybe this is all just a bump in the road and sometime soon we'll look back and laugh about how worked up we all got about it but it doesn't feel like that right now.

Totally agree

My frustration is that in many years of following Hibs I have seen plenty teams worse than this one but there was usually a reason -mainly shortage of money leading to top players being sold, often to rivals.But this situation has arisen when the club is in an excellent financial position and this benefit has been frittered away.The whole point of the transfer window is to bring in players who will improve the playing pool and nobody can think that has happened.Those responsible should be ashamed.

:top marks:top marks

calumhibee1
28-10-2019, 07:46 PM
From my perspective the clubs failure to act on the feelings of the supporters is fuelling my feeling of apathy rather than anger.

I know it won’t be the case but my perception of the club right now is that nobody really gives a **** and I’m finding myself going the same way.

Everyone reacts differently though, maybe if I was an angrier and more aggressive person I’d be going more that way on social media to try and get people to listen, not that I’m saying that’s the right way to go about it, it’s not, well imo anyway it’s not.

FWIW I also agree with Andy74, it is much easier for us to just say sack the manager, the club need to consider all the consequences of doing so, if they end up being wrong they can’t just have a laugh about it in hindsight like most of us do when we are wrong about something. A lot of money and people’s livelihoods to consider and it’s not something that can be done hastily (I think his time is up and I’m surprised he’s not been sacked yet, I can understand the delay though, even if I do find it frustrating)

Your last paragraph and andy74 posts are along similar lines to what I was saying on another thread.

The board will make a very measured decision when it comes to sacking him. They’ll be currently weighing up all sorts of things, performance wise, financial wise, who’s available etc. Another of which might be that they feel that having put in performances that should have won the last three that they may feel we’re close to clicking. Obviously most don’t agree with that but then everyone on this forum doesn’t have to make the decision, the board do. Not having to make the decision or deal with the aftermath makes it much easier to just say “do it and do it right this second, no matter the cost”.

B.H.F.C
28-10-2019, 07:52 PM
It’s the feeling of seeing it coming. Right from the first friendly in pre season it just didn’t feel right in terms of what was happening on the pitch. It didn’t feel right during the league cup group stage. And it didn’t feel right once the league started.

Before a ball was kicked, I was feeling really positive. When he got rid of Milligan at the end of last season and then we started getting players in early doors I felt like Heckingbottom had a really clear idea of how he wanted to play. As soon as it came to the playing bit, it was so obvious that we were in bother.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-10-2019, 07:55 PM

”fans expected the board to listen to them the second they turned on him.“

You have Interesting turn of phrase m’laud.

WhileTheChief..
28-10-2019, 08:00 PM
The football, results and squad have been crap. That’s down to PH.

The fact that we thought he was the best man for us just sucks. I can’t get my head around that at all. It was clear as day to me from day one that he wasn’t right for us.

To leave him in place is just ridiculous. I get that it’s maybe not an easy decision for them but it’s their damn job.

There is nothing to be gained from waiting. He should have gone months ago and the longer this drags on the worse it gets.

So yeah, now I’m angry and annoyed at the club for their lack of action. I’d hope that they are as angry about results as I am but that’s not the impression I get.

There has been zero acknowledgement of our situation. LD thinks we had a great transfer window then silence and RG has said diddly squat.

I’ve got no faith in them appointing anyone that will excite me and I don’t see anything to be positive about our club at all just now.

We’re just boring. Crap and boring from top to bottom.

truehibernian
28-10-2019, 08:03 PM
Promised a team that presses the opposition - failed, goals against and chances conceded proves that
Promised a fitter side - team is ponderous and shows no sign of improved levels of fitness - lacking in inspiration all over the pitch
No pace in the side - zero
Lack of midfield balance, no identifiable defensive midfielders
No charisma which bleeds into the team and into the supporters
No leaders signed, no spine or character fans relate to
Went into a campaign with only 3 strikers despite our poor record at drawing games and poor chances to goals conversion rate
His rigid formation and defensive tactics particularly at home gives the opposition a lift and belief they can attack without much fear of conceding

The fans don't like him, the players don't respond to him, his lack of presence and personality has taken the club back to the Calderwood era in a matter of months - he simply underestimated the club, the way we want football played, and the support.

He has to go.

bingo70
28-10-2019, 08:11 PM
Promised a team that presses the opposition - failed, goals against and chances conceded proves that
Promised a fitter side - team is ponderous and shows no sign of improved levels of fitness - lacking in inspiration all over the pitch
Went into a campaign with only 3 strikers despite our poor record at drawing games and poor chances to goals conversion rate
His rigid formation and defensive tactics particularly at home gives the opposition a lift and belief they can attack without much fear of conceding

The fans don't like him, the players don't respond to him, his lack of presence and personality has taken the club back to the Calderwood era in a matter of months - he simply underestimated the club, the way we want football played, and the support.

He has to go.

Apart from all that I don’t really mind the guy

DetroitHibs
28-10-2019, 08:17 PM
The bottom line are the fans are the paying customers. WE are the most important element of the club. Without us fans, the club would cease to exist and all those people earning good money from top to bottom would be out of a job.

southsider
28-10-2019, 08:34 PM

Effe would have made a difference but Higgo said he would have to play for free. Did he go to the board and ask for wages for the player ? Doubt it. Not one of his signing would have gotten near AS team.

Smartie
28-10-2019, 08:43 PM

Funnily enough, in spite of pretty much everything on the football side pissing me off I quite like him too.

MWHIBBIES
28-10-2019, 08:51 PM
The support arent covering themselves in glory that's for sure. Every post on Twitter or Facebook by the club, regardless of subject matter, is met by a torrent of abuse, much of it pretty offensive.
This forum in comparison is pretty rational in as much as people back up their opinions with reasons.
We don't all agree but at least it rarely descends to the level of other media platforms.

Elements of our support have shown themselves to be absolute twats over the last few months.

Peanut Shaz
28-10-2019, 08:53 PM
We're not powerless though. Don't but half season tickets, don't spend a fortune at Christmas in the club shop, walk ups choose not to go, hold back on buying early bird season tickets etc etc. They would soon see who holds the power.

Onion
28-10-2019, 09:17 PM
No problem with the Hibs Board taking a different view of things to the fans. Problem comes when they completely ignore the fans to the point of perceived contempt.

Is it too much to ask the Board (LD) to provide some - even the slightest - comment on what the Board think of our current position ? A little empathy goes a long way.

Where is our ambitious, excited new owner ?

Fans have every right to be angry under these circumstances. We've paid good money, getting badly short changed and being treated with utter contempt by the club. It would be nice to think the Board are on top on any problems that affect our club but at this stage, the opposite appears to be the case. If they don't see that, then that's a problem in itself.

The club appears to be a basket case just now.

Bostonhibby
28-10-2019, 09:22 PM
My frustration is that in many years of following Hibs I have seen plenty teams worse than this one but there was usually a reason -mainly shortage of money leading to top players being sold, often to rivals.But this situation has arisen when the club is in an excellent financial position and this benefit has been frittered away.The whole point of the transfer window is to bring in players who will improve the playing pool and nobody can think that has happened.Those responsible should be ashamed.Good post, what I'm feeling right now, scunnered & for the first time in decades I have absolutely no sense of what the club are trying to achieve, there's a huge gulf between the chat and the reality.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Captain Trips
28-10-2019, 09:26 PM

Indeed this is quite a monumental balls up and really was my point in another thread I started saying he is actually our worst manager in years. I just cannot believe how badly this is going from a position of strength.

The Captain....
28-10-2019, 09:56 PM
It's fair to say my overwhelming frustration is that we cant win and are second bottom of a very poor quality league ( with the exception of the OF). We repeat the same mistakes week after week yet the Board seem to think this is magically going to change with no evidence whatsoever to back this up.

We are doubling down on failure it seems.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

One Day Soon
28-10-2019, 10:16 PM

No, it's that we are underwhelming soft-touch pish with no leadership and heading nowhere but down fast.

HibeeHibernian4
28-10-2019, 11:50 PM
Elements of our support have shown themselves to be absolute twats over the last few months.

Indeed they have. :agree:

Blinded by some strange rage about a football manager who isn't quite getting results. All sense of perspective has been lost among some supporters. They seem to have a bloodthirsty lust for Heckingbottom's head. I want the guy to leave but some of the obsession with it is bordering on pathological.

HibeeHibernian4
28-10-2019, 11:53 PM
We're not powerless though. Don't but half season tickets, don't spend a fortune at Christmas in the club shop, walk ups choose not to go, hold back on buying early bird season tickets etc etc. They would soon see who holds the power.

All of these ideas are good, but should be put to much better use than deciding we want a manager to leave.

How about some of these to get ticket prices reduced? Or to implement safe standing? Or to get the Hibs board fighting our corner at SPFL meetings (ticket allocations, TV kick off times etc)

These all seem like much more important aspects of a football club than which person happens to be in charge of the team.

Joe6-2
29-10-2019, 12:09 AM
My anger is towards Heckingbottom for his poor management of the team and then secondary to that im angry that the club have not came out and acknowledged the fans concerns at the very least. Our league position is a disgrace , our results this season have been a disgrace, our performances have been a disgrace.. A lot of fans are angry that the club appear to be accepting this as being okay.

With you on this

Deansy
29-10-2019, 12:11 AM

Thanks, saved me from typing - we've got new owners but the communications between the club and the fans are sooooooo reminiscent of Petrie's !.

29-10-2019, 12:41 AM
I’ve a strong feeling the end is nigh for Hecky.

The deafening silence from the Club to me is a sign that they're about to put him out of his misery.

They will know exactly the way the bulk of the support are feeling and that the longer they drag it out the greater the danger of creating a damaging rift between the Club and Supporters.

AGM round the corner, the last thing the Board will want is publicly having to back their failed appointment in front of shareholders so time to bring an end to this mess.

Viva_Palmeiras
29-10-2019, 03:45 AM
Thanks, saved me from typing - we've got new owners but the communications between the club and the fans are sooooooo reminiscent of Petrie's !.

Is that much of a surprise when afaik the same PR company is in place?

MWHIBBIES
29-10-2019, 06:11 AM

So pretty much like every club then?

Chorley Hibee
29-10-2019, 07:06 AM
Is that much of a surprise when afaik the same PR company is in place?

They must be the worst PR company ever!

Their idea of PR seems to be not to engage in any.

Brizo
29-10-2019, 07:55 AM
No problem with the Hibs Board taking a different view of things to the fans. Problem comes when they completely ignore the fans to the point of perceived contempt.

Is it too much to ask the Board (LD) to provide some - even the slightest - comment on what the Board think of our current position ? A little empathy goes a long way.

Where is our ambitious, excited new owner ?

Fans have every right to be angry under these circumstances. We've paid good money, getting badly short changed and being treated with utter contempt by the club. It would be nice to think the Board are on top on any problems that affect our club but at this stage, the opposite appears to be the case. If they don't see that, then that's a problem in itself.

The club appears to be a basket case just now.

:agree:

Its easy for the Board to be visible in the good times, the sign of real leadership is being visible in the bad times.

We have an owner who made his money in sports media and if he doesn't know much about Scottish football yet, he should know the importance of engaging with your customer base. And yet apart from a couple of initial meetings with HSA reps and the HSL he has done nothing to engage with the fans.

We have LD who after doing great things and being a positive example of engaging with the support in previous years, has gone totally silent.

I don't expect them to discuss PHBs future in public or to give away Boardroom confidentialities but their unwillingness to even acknowledge that there is a problem is something which adds to the feel bad factor.

PHB is equally culpable in having done nothing to ever get the fans onside or show any passion or affinity with the club. He might have got away with his dour charisma free personality if it hadn't been matched by dour charisma free team performances and the results that have followed from them.

Its no wonder that frustration turns to anger when those in positions of power are unwilling to even acknowledge fans legitimate concerns.

29-10-2019, 09:12 AM
All of these ideas are good, but should be put to much better use than deciding we want a manager to leave.

How about some of these to get ticket prices reduced? Or to implement safe standing? Or to get the Hibs board fighting our corner at SPFL meetings (ticket allocations, TV kick off times etc)

These all seem like much more important aspects of a football club than which person happens to be in charge of the team.

These are all very laudable aspirations I would say for when the team is performing at an acceptable/expected level but when they are seriously heading for relegation and there is still time in the season to turn that around then I think the priorities for the club lie in other directions.

basehibby
29-10-2019, 09:32 AM

Is this an effort at sarcasm??? Nothing could be further from the truth!

Cataplana
29-10-2019, 10:24 AM
Its the feeling of inevitablity thats getting me.

Its not like signing lower league players from England hasn't been tried before. Secco were on that track till they got some money and it got them nowhere.

Then there's the aspect of signing pals and splitting the dressing room by putting them on big wages. Again, something that has destroyed clubs over the years.

Fans are right to be frustrated, they've seen this whole, sorry, tale come to pass before their eyes. People had their fears and they have been realised.

Sadly, I think we are a couple of seasons off getting back on track. Given the money we had it is heartbreaking.

H18S NX
29-10-2019, 11:28 AM

He has to go....Good post :top marks

Barman Stanton
29-10-2019, 01:28 PM
I think it’s the fact we have come so far in a short space of time, and it’s all been undone so quickly. We have been here before, no fight, unable able to scrape wins against the so called bottom 6 teams. It leads to relegation. And the thought of that is soul destroying.

The fact the boards stance during this dreadful period is complete and utter silence has also not helped.

spike220
29-10-2019, 02:53 PM
i can stand the despair, it the hope that something might change that kills me.

Hibby70
29-10-2019, 07:54 PM
I'd actually prefer to watch a team try and play the right way in the Championship than this utter dross we are being subjected to.

My son doesn't want to go as it's too boring. My dad is struggling too much with his body to want to make the effort any more. I'm just constantly thinking that I could put the £600 to a holiday instead.

Heckingbottom just isn't going to turn this round with this bunch of players. LD needs to do something fast before we end up back at square one in terms of numbers and before it gets really ugly.

truehibernian
29-10-2019, 08:09 PM
I'd actually prefer to watch a team try and play the right way in the Championship than this utter dross we are being subjected to.

My son doesn't want to go as it's too boring. My dad is struggling too much with his body to want to make the effort any more. I'm just constantly thinking that I could put the £600 to a holiday instead.

Heckingbottom just isn't going to turn this round with this bunch of players. LD needs to do something fast before we end up back at square one in terms of numbers and before it gets really ugly.

My son and his mates haven't been to watch Hibs since pre-season and they'd been drawn back into going the last few seasons (after relegation) due to the feel-good factor and the quality of football and atmosphere in the grounds home and away. Heckingbottom has sapped the energy of everyone - all in the space of a few months. Thoroughly depressing how we've allowed this to happen. The blame however is on and off the pitch - nothing, and I mean nothing, is being produced to make young supporters in particular energised.

For the likes of my age group, Hibs are in the blood and they've always got me good times or bad - but in this social media infused era, young people not only need to watch good football, they need an instant connect with the team, the club, and they need to see and watch creativity to feel part of (and proud) to be a fan - Tom Zinelli going (for example) has been a huge huge loss and left the media side of the club seemingly bereft of innovative ideas. It's a huge issue for younger supporters. There is zero connection between players and fans. Keatings, Cummings, Bartley going has had a huge issue within the squad, but also what the media team can produce..........no one appears to have any life or character. The club, in a word, is bland.

WeeRussell
30-10-2019, 12:51 PM
I don't expect the board to sack anyone at the say-so of me or the fans in general. I'd be worried if that's how they made their decisions.

I'm frustrated that we've been so bad for so long, with it being glaringly obvious that things won't be turned around, and nothing as yet has been done to change things.

I'm also a bit frustrated with myself in not being able to motivate myself to support the team like I did, and allowing me to drift emotionally from the club I love.

Altogether pretty frustrating (and ****) times in truth.

easty
30-10-2019, 12:52 PM
I don't expect the board to sack anyone at the say-so of me or the fans in general. I'd be worried if that's how they made their decisions.

I'm frustrated that we've been so bad for so long, with it being glaringly obvious that things won't be turned around, and nothing as yet has been done to change things.

I'm also a bit frustrated with myself in not being able to motivate myself to support the team like I did, and allowing me to drift emotionally from the club I love.

Altogether pretty frustrating (and ****) times in truth.

I do expect the board to sack a manager if the fans in general say so. It’s our club, not there’s.

WeeRussell
30-10-2019, 01:10 PM
I do expect the board to sack a manager if the fans in general say so. It’s our club, not there’s.

Fair enough but not for me. We can make our feelings clear for them to take into account regarding the state of things right now, but we're not the decision-makers or the people running the club. And I'd rather leave it to the professionals than a few thousand of us that can barely agree with each other :greengrin

My frustration comes from them apparently not seeing what the majority of us have been seeing for so long now. Not because they aren't getting rid of people as soon as we suggest it.

Onion
30-10-2019, 06:53 PM
I think it’s the fact we have come so far in a short space of time, and it’s all been undone so quickly. We have been here before, no fight, unable able to scrape wins against the so called bottom 6 teams. It leads to relegation. And the thought of that is soul destroying.

The fact the boards stance during this dreadful period is complete and utter silence has also not helped.

DUFC's AGM today and there was their American owner on TV explaining their budget deficit, what plans he has for the club, appraising their current position and ambitions.

Compare and contrast.

Hibs - much bigger club, bigger ambitions, in the top flight ..... failing miserably. Where is our owner ? Where is our Chief Exec ? Anybody ?