PDA

View Full Version : Bad Refereeing Decisions

allmodcons
28-10-2019, 11:38 AM
Just how bad is this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/50203398 (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/50203398)

PaulSmith
28-10-2019, 11:40 AM
Just how bad is this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/50203398 (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/50203398)

why’s it a bad refereeing decision?

overdrive
28-10-2019, 11:42 AM
He’s just applied the rules. It’s just that it would rarely happen pre-VAR as it would be difficult to see what happened.

monarch
28-10-2019, 12:55 PM
I can remember Paul Hartley in his Hibs days being booked at ER for the same thing, albeit a bit more blatant.

Fife-Hibee
28-10-2019, 12:59 PM
Great decision. Applying the rules exactly.

The 90+2
28-10-2019, 12:59 PM
Who was the hibs player that got smashed in the face at Ibrox and the ref gave a penalty for hand ball. That’s definitely the worst I’ve ever seen.

Onion
28-10-2019, 01:18 PM
Technically correct decision but attacking team should have deliberately missed the penalty. All of that is against the spirit of the game. Can't believe the pen taker celebrated - embarrassing.

Recall Willie Miller doing something similar in the 80s at ER. Oppo defender headed the ball out of play, Miller jumped up and caught it on the line and immediately took the throw in. Got booked for deliberate hand ball, despite the 100% inevitability of the ball going out of play with no other players within 20 yds. Crazy jobsworth decision but technically correct.

BoomtownHibees
28-10-2019, 01:21 PM
Technically correct decision but attacking team should have deliberately missed the penalty. All of that is against the spirit of the game. Can't believe the pen taker celebrated - embarrassing.

Recall Willie Miller doing something similar in the 80s at ER. Oppo defender headed the ball out of play, Miller jumped up and caught it on the line and immediately took the throw in. Got booked for deliberate hand ball, despite the 100% inevitability of the ball going out of play with no other players within 20 yds. Crazy jobsworth decision but technically correct.

I know it’s always easy to look at the extreme but imagine that happened on Saturday at Hampden and the Hibs player deliberately missed the pen. Na no for me!!

Fife-Hibee
28-10-2019, 01:35 PM
I know it’s always easy to look at the extreme but imagine that happened on Saturday at Hampden and the Hibs player deliberately missed the pen. Na no for me!!

Sad thing is, we would. We're the "nice team" of the league.

hibbysam
28-10-2019, 02:19 PM
Who was the hibs player that got smashed in the face at Ibrox and the ref gave a penalty for hand ball. That’s definitely the worst I’ve ever seen.

Ulrik Laurson.

we are hibs
28-10-2019, 03:27 PM
Youre all wrong. The worst decision ever was the falkirk handball in the play offs made worse by the fact Alan Muir (cheating *******) claimed he couldnt see it despite video footage showing him looking right at it unobstructed as the falkirk defender lay on the floor and handled it not once but TWICE.

allmodcons
28-10-2019, 05:44 PM
why’s it a bad refereeing decision?

He’s just applied the rules. It’s just that it would rarely happen pre-VAR as it would be difficult to see what happened.

So all three of you would be happy if that decision was given against Hibs.

Just not in the spirit of the game, bad rule maybe but referee needs to engage his brain.

brianmc
28-10-2019, 05:49 PM
*Laws

GibbytheHibby2
28-10-2019, 05:54 PM
*Laws

Like. 👍

GibbytheHibby2
28-10-2019, 05:56 PM
Youre all wrong. The worst decision ever was the falkirk handball in the play offs made worse by the fact Alan Muir (cheating *******) claimed he couldnt see it despite video footage showing him looking right at it unobstructed as the falkirk defender lay on the floor and handled it not once but TWICE.

Or not sending off their CH for denying a goal scoring opportunity (he awarded the pen). And don’t get me started on how much over the line their throw-in taker was when they scored the last goal.

overdrive
28-10-2019, 06:08 PM
So all three of you would be happy if that decision was given against Hibs.

Just not in the spirit of the game, bad rule maybe but referee needs to engage his brain.

It’s a consequence of VAR. He’d get pulled up by his superiors if he let it go as it is has been brought to his attention through VAR. As I said in the earlier post, it just wouldn’t normally be an issue in a non-VAR setting.

How often do we say we want the officials to be consistent? The best way to ensure consistency is for the referee to follow the laws of the game.

Clarence
28-10-2019, 06:15 PM
For an extra point name the hibs player who also played for VFL Bochum.

Chorley Hibee
28-10-2019, 06:17 PM

Matty Jack

greenlad
28-10-2019, 07:08 PM

Thorsten Schmugge also

Clarence
28-10-2019, 07:16 PM
Thorsten Schmugge also

Absolute legend. If Thorsten was in the Hibs team on Saturday, there would be no way RC would be getting back into the game. I can only imagine what might have been if Thorsten Schmugge and Juha Riipa had ever played in the same Hibs team. Unfortunately we’ll never know...

Sylar
29-10-2019, 09:50 AM
I've just finished watching the highlights from the weekend games - speaking of bad refereeing decisions, the decision send Aymen Souda off for his attempted overhead kick against Hearts was absolutely laughable. Never mind the fact that Hearts should have conceded a penalty seconds before Souda went for the ball after their keeper hauled Scott Robinson to the deck with an arm around his shoulders neck...

The 90+2
29-10-2019, 10:00 AM
Ulrik Laurson.

Thanks 👍

CMurdoch
29-10-2019, 11:50 AM
I've just finished watching the highlights from the weekend games - speaking of bad refereeing decisions, the decision send Aymen Souda off for his attempted overhead kick against Hearts was absolutely laughable. Never mind the fact that Hearts should have conceded a penalty seconds before Souda went for the ball after their keeper hauled Scott Robinson to the deck with an arm around his shoulders neck...

It was a ridiculous sending off. Barely got off the ground because he was so close to the Hearts player.
Never more than a yellow.
Sending off a player is the one way to really screw the match up for a team and the spectators.
In this case Livingston had to play 40 minutes with 10 players.
Maybe it will have tired them out for Wednesday.
Thanks ref

Smartie
29-10-2019, 12:00 PM
Surely this is a very good refereeing decision?

CMurdoch
29-10-2019, 12:03 PM
Surely this is a very good refereeing decision?

We will find out tomorrow night at the morgue

worcesterhibby
29-10-2019, 03:15 PM

This is what's wrong with the world..no common sense only "RULES"

In truth the substitute did not "interfere with play" because his actions would have made absolutely no difference to the match and he was in no way intending to disrupt or interfere with play. A referee with any common sense would have told the VAR guys to butt out and let him referee. By giving the penalty he was basically saying "Computer say no". The attacking team didn't deserve any award for his actions and the mindless application of rules in a situation they were obviously not intended for makes a mockery of fair play.

Had a substitute slyly tried to keep the ball in play as his teammate was running down the wing and therefore gaining an advantage, then yes, that's a unfair advantage and he is interfering with play and should be penalised. Equally if it was not obvious that the ball was definitely going to cross the line then he would be interfering with play. Neither is the case..the award was mindless and unfair and just another example of common sense and fair play being taken away from the game by people obsessed with VAR and rules for rules sake.

all of course IMHO :)

Monts
29-10-2019, 06:50 PM
There was a moment at the game on Saturday where one of our subs did a similar thing (although I'm pretty sure the ball had gone out). A minute later one of our coaches came down to the subs, and I said to my mate sitting next to me that I reckon he had seen the German incident and was telling the subs not to take the risk.

tamig
29-10-2019, 07:11 PM
Thanks 👍

It actually hit his arm as he was lying flat out on the deck.

brog
29-10-2019, 08:20 PM

He then completed the hat trick by kicking SJM as he ran out of the box. Alan Muir, absolutely clueless!

Eyrie
29-10-2019, 10:05 PM
He then completed the hat trick by kicking SJM as he ran out of the box. Alan Muir, absolutely clueless!

I thought it was Henderson who was tripped?

Regardless, Muir ignored everything.

MWHIBBIES
29-10-2019, 10:30 PM
No different from a penalty for a 2 footed leg breaker, rules are rules. Very good refereeing.