PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen consider Mulumbu move

BlackSheep
28-10-2019, 11:12 AM
Reports tha McInnes is considering offering Mulumbu a contract....

We should have tied him up months ago....!

flash
28-10-2019, 11:36 AM
Reports tha McInnes is considering offering Mulumbu a contract....

We should have tied him up months ago....!

You say that yet why has he not been signed by anyone and we are now almost in November?
Seems strange.

calumhibee1
28-10-2019, 11:37 AM
You say that yet why has he not been signed by anyone and we are now almost in November?
Seems strange.

Neither has Efe which is even stranger. I’m sure Mulumbu missed quite a few games second time round at Killie. Efe on the other hand is permanently fit and an outstanding player at our level yet doesn’t have a club going into November. Very weird.

Centre Hawf
28-10-2019, 11:39 AM
Seems strange.

All about £'s. If I recall correctly he was wanting a ridiculous wage when he left Killie and only Celtic took him in for that reason. He's now had the final year of his 2 year deal at Celtic paid up and is probably sitting waiting for this exact situation whereby an Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, are all in panic mode and will throw him a silly amount of cash.

The 90+2
28-10-2019, 11:41 AM
We went for Vela instead.

number9dream
29-10-2019, 09:32 AM
Mulumbu & Ambrose must have had offers they could afford to turn down, which suggests we’d struggle to get them in under any circumstances.
No doubt we’d be in a better place if we’d invested in those two rather than Jackson, Naismith, Vela & Hallberg. Short-termism, yes, but they are both class acts.

Begbie79
29-10-2019, 09:41 AM
Neither has Efe which is even stranger. I’m sure Mulumbu missed quite a few games second time round at Killie. Efe on the other hand is permanently fit and an outstanding player at our level yet doesn’t have a club going into November. Very weird.

Nothing weird about it.

One went to Celtic, the other to Derby. Both would have been on decent money at both. Whats weird is they are both probably expecting that same money hence the lack of offers.

lucky
29-10-2019, 09:46 AM
Last thing we need is a money grabbing mercenary, so it would be a no from me. We need players who will give their all for the club not a couple guys that are only interested in money. If either of them were that keen on playing then they would be at clubs already not sitting waiting to see if they can get another over inflated wage offer. There is no doubt both are decent Scottish premiership players but neither of them did well enough at the top level to demand big salaries or to take a year out of their careers.

CMurdoch
29-10-2019, 12:09 PM
It's now almost a year since Efe has played. Should have agreed a deal with LD that he would hoover the money up at Derby for 6 months then return to Hibs on his previous wage. Unrealistic, but given how it has worked out for both parties would have been a good one.

Mulumbu has only played 46 games in the last 4 and a half years (including 8 in the last 18 months) and will be 33 in January. Paying him a load of money wouldn't be a great idea and i can't see Aberdeen going down that road.

Eyrie
29-10-2019, 12:45 PM
It's now almost a year since Efe has played. Should have agreed a deal with LD that he would hoover the money up at Derby for 6 months then return to Hibs on his previous wage. Unrealistic, but given how it has worked out for both parties would have been a good one.

Mulumbu has only played 46 games in the last 4 and a half years (including 8 in the last 18 months) and will be 33 in January. Paying him a load of money wouldn't be a great idea and i can't see Aberdeen going down that road.

I could see Aberdeen signing him as a short term fix due to the injuries they have in midfield.

The problem for them will be that it'll take him time to get his match sharpness back and they need him playing now.

Hibeesmad
29-10-2019, 01:54 PM
Hecky out, Strachan in. Ambrose and Mulumbu brought in then I will start to have some faith in the changes made in the board.

The 90+2
29-10-2019, 02:09 PM
Hecky out, Strachan in. Ambrose and Mulumbu brought in then I will start to have some faith in the changes made in the board.

Would the wages to they two players be covered by season tickets that would still be sold if we sack the manager and bring them in?

I think so.

Who is in charge of thinking Josh Vela is a footballer in this league when we have Mallan kicking about also? Even the Aberdeen Ojo is pretty ****.

The 90+2
29-10-2019, 02:11 PM
I could see Aberdeen signing him as a short term fix due to the injuries they have in midfield.

The problem for them will be that it'll take him time to get his match sharpness back and they need him playing now.

Both they players would walk in our side on Saturday regardless.

We’re still making excuses for Stevenson and Hanlon not having pre seasons and the clocks have went back.

CMurdoch
29-10-2019, 08:19 PM

It would take an age for him to get up to speed and that is a massive issue and in the meantime he would be a liability which is the reverse of what they need.

Danderhall Hibs
29-10-2019, 08:25 PM
Would the wages to they two players be covered by season tickets that would still be sold if we sack the manager and bring them in?

I think so.

Who is in charge of thinking Josh Vela is a footballer in this league when we have Mallan kicking about also? Even the Aberdeen Ojo is pretty ****.

It’d be a fair few season tickets to come that many hundred thousand.

Winston Ingram
29-10-2019, 08:27 PM
We went for Vela instead.

:boo hoo::boo hoo:

Hibeesmad
29-10-2019, 09:01 PM

I think so.

Bring Leigh Griffiths in on loan while we’re at it, his children will heavily improve season ticket sales alone.