28-10-2019, 10:01 AM
Largely irrelevant, as it won't be the team that's picked, but I would go for:

Marciano

Naismith Porteous Hanlon Stevenson

James

Hallberg Mallan

Allan

Shaw Kamberi

Vela and Newell should be nowhere near starting, and one up front can **** off.

darwenhibby
28-10-2019, 10:08 AM
Maxwell
Porteous Jackson hanlon
Naismith/ James r/w Stevenson lllwb
Midfield 3 Hallberg Mallan Allan
Kamberi with Shaw or Doidge up top

bingo70
28-10-2019, 10:15 AM
Anything with 2 up front. Not really bothered about the rest.

Ronniekirk
28-10-2019, 10:20 AM
Anything with 2 up front. Not really bothered about the rest.

Surely you don’t want Vela in the team Bingo ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RossScott1991
28-10-2019, 10:23 AM
What’s the point even discussing it. It will be 1 upfront with Vela playing 90minutes anyway.

Captain Trips
28-10-2019, 10:26 AM
Heckingbottom says give him to January window he plans on changing spine with more of Yorkshire's finest:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/7c/48/13/7c4813c25e9c255ba3b88254021c1897.jpg

Mr_F
28-10-2019, 10:26 AM
What’s the point even discussing it. It will be 1 upfront with Vela playing 90minutes anyway.

And Mallan.

Centre Hawf
28-10-2019, 10:30 AM
When folk first started talking about James in midfield I passed it off as an option probably not worth taking. But it’s got to the point now where it can’t be any worse. Id go 3-5-2

Maxwell/Ofir (not that fussed both are actually decent)

Naismith RWB
Jackson
Porto
Hanlon
Stevenson LWB

James
Hallberg
Allan

Flo
Doidge

Joe6-2
28-10-2019, 10:36 AM
We are deluding ourselves if we think the imposter would play two up front

bingo70
28-10-2019, 10:38 AM
Surely you don’t want Vela in the team Bingo ?

Don’t really care to be honest. He’s not the worst player I’ve seen, I’d be more concerned if Newell is playing, he’s a guy I just can’t take to at all.

If Vela is playing and we have 2 up front I’ll be satisfied enough (I think happy would be pushing it)

If we go for the one up front with no wingers that can run again I’ll give serious consideration to just staying in the pub.

Danderhall Hibs
28-10-2019, 10:43 AM
We are deluding ourselves if we think the imposter would play two up front

He’s done it before :dunno:

Hibeesmad
28-10-2019, 10:46 AM
Marciano

Naismith
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Allan
Hallberg
Mallan

Horgan
Kamberi
Middleton

JimBHibees
28-10-2019, 10:57 AM
Give Murray and Shaw a start along with Porto as at least we can then get a proper idea of what they can do. Would also start Middleton. He must have been gutted that Newell and then Murray got on in his position.

neil7908
28-10-2019, 11:06 AM
Marciano

James Porto Hanlon Stevenson

Hallberg
Mallan Horgan
Allan

Kamberi Diodge/Shaw

Heckys Wheel
28-10-2019, 11:08 AM
Thought Naismith had a slow start to the game but did something nobody else has managed all season, put some decent balls into the box.

James into left back for me. Lewis is struggling at the moment.

Billy Whizz
28-10-2019, 11:11 AM
Do we give Jackson some game time
Presume he’ll fill in for Porteous on Saturday, or is Whittaker an option to play centre half against Celtic?

supermcginn
28-10-2019, 11:13 AM
Rocky

Naismith porteous Jackson James

Whittaker

Hallberg allan

Mallan

Kamberi Middleton

we are hibs
28-10-2019, 11:16 AM
Maxwell

Jackson
Porteous
Hanlon

James
Allan
Whittaker
Murray
Stevenson

Shaw
Kamberi

5-3-2 with james and stevenson as wingbacks. Also gives us an opportunity to give jackson game time ahead of saturday. Whittaker in because despite the fact i dont think hes good enough anymore he will at least tackle or not turn his back on shots like a *****bag. Allan because hes our best player. Murray because i want neither mallan or vela in midfield and what have we got to lose by giving him an opportunity? and kamberi to partner shaw partially due to doidge potentially still being out but also like Murray, what have we got to lose by giving him another chance?

Baader
28-10-2019, 11:21 AM
Heckingbottom says give him to January window he plans on changing spine with more of Yorkshire's finest:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/7c/48/13/7c4813c25e9c255ba3b88254021c1897.jpg

Just as capable of the promised "high press" as the current lot are.

MacGruber
28-10-2019, 11:32 AM
Presume he’ll fill in for Porteous on Saturday, or is Whittaker an option to play centre half against Celtic?

Whittaker has been told he is not in the plans and can go Jan if something suits all parties. Jackson will play with Hanlon. Whittaker may well be on the bench as can't think we have any other cover just now

Ronniekirk
28-10-2019, 02:27 PM
Don’t really care to be honest. He’s not the worst player I’ve seen, I’d be more concerned if Newell is playing, he’s a guy I just can’t take to at all.

If Vela is playing and we have 2 up front I’ll be satisfied enough (I think happy would be pushing it)

If we go for the one up front with no wingers that can run again I’ll give serious consideration to just staying in the pub.

Newell does nothing for me I ether ,and can’t be bothered travelling through from Paisley after Saturdays Capitulation
I still think we will a game soon but am not so sure we will go on a winning streak .
When teams make positive changes late on in a game and go for it we seem unable to respond ,sit deeper and make Wong subs imo The Pattern is set now and if he can’t fix it for Livi game it’s hard to make any case for Management team to stay
That’s assuming we take the lead of course

Onceinawhile
28-10-2019, 02:35 PM
Maxwell

Naismith
Porteous
Jackson
James

Hallberg
Mallan

Middleton
Allan
Horgan

Kamberi

ABZHFC
28-10-2019, 02:45 PM
The thing is, on Saturday, it wasn't two up front that changed our performance from a dire first half to a pretty good 25 minutes after half time, it was actually having two out-and-out wingers on the park at the same time, and them (mainly Horgan) actually running in behind the defence and causing problems. This asymmetric nonsense he keeps insisting on playing to fit all of Vela, Hallberg, Mallan and Allan in the midfield at once not only makes us lacklustre at the top, but also exposed at the back, as one of the full backs are invariably left exposed from time-to-time.

CraigHibee
28-10-2019, 02:53 PM

you can be guaranteed that when vela/doidge were signed by hecky that they were told they would play the majority of every game, sooner he's gone the sooner the work to repair the damage that has be done although i think he will still be here at christmas, hopefully not though

coldingham hibs
28-10-2019, 03:22 PM

I’m not sure why Jackson doesn’t get a game as he is our best centre back. We should be playing 3-5-2 .

CloudSquall
28-10-2019, 03:58 PM
...........Marciano

....Jackson Porteous James

..............Hallberg.......

......Mallan...Allan...Horgan

......Kamberi..Doige..Shaw

3-1-3-3, balls to the walls.

SickBoy32
28-10-2019, 04:10 PM
I’m not sure why Jackson doesn’t get a game as he is our best centre back. We should be playing 3-5-2 .

Really? Hand of God at fir park, and struggled against Morton.

Bang average

hibee1875
28-10-2019, 04:11 PM
Naismith was terrible on Saturday. Did not stop one cross coming in, looked unfit, offered nothing.

If James is unfit I’d have Whittaker in over him

erin go bragh
28-10-2019, 04:43 PM

God sake ,, forgot Porteous was suspended for Sat :(
Need our strongest team available on Wed unfortunately.

Centre Hawf
28-10-2019, 04:48 PM
Naismith was terrible on Saturday. Did not stop one cross coming in, looked unfit, offered nothing.

I actually liked the look of him, he was good going forward. But defending should be a priority admittedly.

Captain Trips
28-10-2019, 04:55 PM
It really does not matter what the team is or any other week while this guy is in charge. Law of averages says a win is on cards and that will be in spite of this clown not because of.

bingo70
28-10-2019, 05:29 PM

Aye, Naismith hasn’t impressed me either.

He looks like a centre half being played out of position, not aware of him ever playing centre half but that’s what he looks like to me.

flash
28-10-2019, 06:49 PM

Other than the pass for the first goal and the cutback for Vela's chance

B.H.F.C
28-10-2019, 06:55 PM

He looks like a centre half being played out of position, not aware of him ever playing centre half but that’s what he looks like to me.

Not impressed either. He’s the type of signing we used to make. An average SPFL player, at best, IMO.

hfc rd
28-10-2019, 09:35 PM
Diamond midfield

Maxwell

Naismith
Jackson
Porteous
Stevenson

James

Hallberg
Mallan

Allan

Shaw
Kamberi

Sammy7nil
28-10-2019, 09:41 PM
Whatever the team is hopefully he has worked out a midfield with Allan Mallan Horgan and Vela will not work long-term as none of them have any physicality and can not tackle a fish supper.

scoopyboy
28-10-2019, 09:51 PM

Jackson isn't better than Porteous.

He won't play a 3-5-2, doesn't like it and as far as I'm aware hasn't used it in his time with us.

He has told the players that.

Nicho87
28-10-2019, 10:34 PM
Marciano

Naismith
Porteous
Hanlon
James

Whittaker
Hallberg
Stevenson

Allan
Kamberi
Horgan

J-C
29-10-2019, 05:47 AM
Unfortunately he'll go with the same starting 11 on Wednesday thinking they were doing well getting a 2-0 lead, this'll prove he has no clue.

danhibees1875
29-10-2019, 06:01 AM
Marciano
Jackson Porteous Hanlon
James Mallan Allan Hallberg Stevenson
Doidge Kamberi

JimBHibees
29-10-2019, 06:11 AM
Jackson isn't better than Porteous.

He won't play a 3-5-2, doesn't like it and as far as I'm aware hasn't used it in his time with us.

He has told the players that.

Completely agree. The fact he indicates he doesn't like it and wouldn't try it even in pre season friendlies is poor as to me it should have been tried considering we have 3 reasonable centre backs would allow us to play 3 in centre mid and more importantly have 2 strikers who were within 50 m of each other. Makes no sense to me.

JimBHibees
29-10-2019, 06:14 AM

Was actually amazed he started as only just coming back from injury I think and agree he didn't look sharp but probably should have scored and did get an assist for first goal, why was James on bench?

Think Naismith just needs games.

JimBHibees
29-10-2019, 06:18 AM
God sake ,, forgot Porteous was suspended for Sat :(
Need our strongest team available on Wed unfortunately.

Still bewildered why we didn't appeal Porteous red.

hibsforeurope
29-10-2019, 08:54 AM
Maxwell
Porteous Jackson hanlon
Naismith/ James r/w Stevenson lllwb
Midfield 3 Hallberg Mallan Allan
Kamberi with Shaw or Doidge up top

It's so obvious, with the players in the squad, that 3-5-2 is the easiest way to get width and 2 strikers on the park. Only change would be Marciano in goals, purely as he's our player, not much between the keepers just now.

It'll be the same 4-2-3-1 as usual though, hoping that something will change.

Stuart93
29-10-2019, 11:46 AM
Nothing will change, he’ll go with the same formation same tactics same players. Absolutely astonished he’s not out on his arse yet

WestStandWillie
29-10-2019, 11:53 AM
I'd prepare for Saturday by going with the CH pairing that will play. Heckingclown won't though as he's a tool.

I'm only going tomorrow night for a pie and bovril.

erin go bragh
29-10-2019, 07:14 PM
Rocky

Naismith
Porto
Jackson ( Hanlon needs rested )
James (Lewis needs rested )

Horgan
Mallberg
Allan
Mallan

Shaw /Doidge (if fit )
Kamberi

Pretty Boy
29-10-2019, 07:21 PM
I'd like to see:

Maxwell

Jackson
Porteous
Hanlon

Naismith
James
Halberg
Allan
Stevenson

Doidge/Shaw
Kamberi

I think we'll get:

Maxwell

James
Hanlon
Jackson
Stevenson

Horgan
Halberg
Vela
Allan
Mallan

Doidge/Kamberi

Smartie
29-10-2019, 07:23 PM
Maxwell

Jackson
Porteous
Hanlon

Naismith (Boyle when fit)
Hallberg
Stevenson
Middleton

Allan

Kamberi
Doidge

Danderhall Hibs
29-10-2019, 07:28 PM
Unfortunately he'll go with the same starting 11 on Wednesday thinking they were doing well getting a 2-0 lead, this'll prove he has no clue.

He brought Horgan on at HT when he spotted some pace could make a difference.

Do you not think he’ll start with the team that put us 2-0 up?

If not what would you do to change it?

bingo70
29-10-2019, 07:35 PM

Seen a couple of time Heckingbottom getting praise for noticing the lack of pace and getting credit for changing things.

He played with one up front with Mallan and Newell on the wings, of course there was no pace, he shouldn’t have needed the first 45 minutes of a game to ascertain that.

Danderhall Hibs
29-10-2019, 07:41 PM
Seen a couple of time Heckingbottom getting praise for noticing the lack of pace and getting credit for changing things.

He played with one up front with Mallan and Newell on the wings, of course there was no pace, he shouldn’t have needed the first 45 minutes of a game to ascertain that.

:agree: No manager should ever get praise for assessing a game and making a change cos that means they were wrong in the first place.

GreenOnions
29-10-2019, 07:45 PM

Unfortunately I agree with this. Under Stubbs and Lennon we brought in a few players that were not up to the standard required but plenty more who were.

Naismith to me is just like Vela, Newell, Doidge and even Jackson - they ought really to be playing for the likes of Ross County and others habitually in bottom 6 territory. I don't believe for one minute these guys don't put the effort in. They are all journeymen who do their best but they are not at the level required for where we want to be.

If we continue to sign players at that level we will be in serious trouble IMO. The spectre of Jim Duffy is hovering above ER. Nice guy, great coach but couldn't spot a player to save himself.

bingo70
29-10-2019, 07:48 PM
:agree: No manager should ever get praise for assessing a game and making a change cos that means they were wrong in the first place.

Making a change to influence a game is a good thing.

Starting with Mallan and Newell on the wings then realising after 45 minutes there’s no pace isn’t deserving of credit, imo.

If he starts Marciano up front tomorrow night then realises after 20 minutes he’s a goalie and not a striker so replaces him with Kamberi he won’t get any praise from me then either 😉

GonzoReturns
29-10-2019, 07:48 PM

Hallberg in place of Vela

truehibernian
29-10-2019, 07:58 PM
Hallberg in place of Vela

Vela shouldn't be anywhere near the squad let alone the team - someone likened him to Matt Thornhill and that says it all - wouldn't make a Scottish League 1 side. He's an awful footballer.

B.H.F.C
29-10-2019, 08:00 PM
Vela shouldn't be anywhere near the squad let alone the team - someone likened him to Matt Thornhill and that says it all - wouldn't make a Scottish League 1 side. He's an awful footballer.

Forget anything to do with ability. Just lack of interest, guts, desire or whatever you want to call it.

Ronniekirk
29-10-2019, 08:07 PM
Forget anything to do with ability. Just lack of interest, guts, desire or whatever you want to call it.

Just looks like he doesn’t enjoy it and regrets the move , but has banked the signing on fee and assume one of the highest paid players given he was with.Bolton

Captain Trips
29-10-2019, 08:09 PM
Every so often you play a team who have even a worse performance than you. Tomorrow will be it and we will win.

hfc rd
29-10-2019, 08:15 PM
Every so often you play a team who have even a worse performance than you. Tomorrow will be it and we will win.

Hope your right but I’ve been saying that myself for a while - tomorrow will finally be the day when we take our chances and win. Then once the 90 mins are done, I’m back to venting my anger and frustration all over again! 😂

Forgotten what a Hibs win in the league feels like again.

J-C
29-10-2019, 08:18 PM

I know Horgan coming on made a difference but I feel he'll think the 1st half wasn't too bad, we still don't know why Hallberg came off, was it tactical an injury or the yellow card. I can't see anyone coming off at half time due to a yellow card, so it will have been a wee knock or niggle, which makes me think he was lucky rather than clever with the with the change.

He's a stubborn man and this is why I think he'll stick with the same 11.

Paisley Hibby
29-10-2019, 09:25 PM
I'd like to see:

Maxwell

Jackson
Porteous
Hanlon

Naismith
James
Halberg
Allan
Stevenson

Doidge/Shaw
Kamberi

I think we'll get:

Maxwell

James
Hanlon
Jackson
Stevenson

Horgan
Halberg
Vela
Allan
Mallan

Doidge/Kamberi

Deckchairs and The Titanic spring to mind 🙄

Unseen work
30-10-2019, 01:28 AM
I really don’t know anymore.

Were mainly shooting ourselves in the foot other than teams completely outplaying us so do we persevere hoping they get the result or make wholesale changes.

For me we have nothing to lose with experimenting. I also think we have a decent enough squad, we’re just lacking balance and confidence right now. I think another manager would get much more out of the current team than we are getting.

Murray, Middleton, Shaw, Jackson and Whittikar could all be given a shot and I don’t think anyone could really argue.

Livingtson are a good physical hard working team that will try make it difficult for us, we can’t try play them at their own game. We really need to stretch it, play with pace and get in behind them.

For me,

.......................Maxwell..............

Naismith.....Jackson....Porteous....James

...............Mallan....Hallberg.......

Middleton..........Allan......Newell.......

.....................Kamberi.........

Vela has got a lot of grief, some deserved some not. For me he runs about a lot and does press the game, but goes missing when we have the ball. Granted he makes runs to the edge of the box but he doesn’t dictate play. Mallan and Hallberg in there always show and have the ability to pick out the runs of the stacking players.

Newell is another who gets stuck but the last two games he has showed some good runs and crosses, he deserves another start for me. He’s also very good at both hugging the touch line for the cross field pass but also wonders in and finds really good spaces which could be key against a resilient Livi team.

Middleton deserves a chance and will offer some pace, direct running and will cut in from there allowing Naismith to overlap. He does well for Scotland and was impressive when he came on against Hearts in that position.

To me all of that team is comfortable on the ball, they just need to play with a real intensity and pace to get at Livingston. Stretch the game and play it in their half.

AZhibee
30-10-2019, 02:13 AM
Marciano

Naismith
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Allan
Hallberg
Mallan

Horgan
Kamberi
Middleton

Could go for that one

hibee-boys
30-10-2019, 05:36 AM
Any team that does not include Hanlon, Stevenson, Vela and Newell.

MWHIBBIES
30-10-2019, 05:45 AM

Absolute rubbish. You know there is another team involved in the game? The change could be to counter them.

Danderhall Hibs
30-10-2019, 05:50 AM
Absolute rubbish. You know there is another team involved in the game? The change could be to counter them.

Agreed. Did you read the posts that resulted in my reply cos this was supposed to be sarcasm.

MWHIBBIES
30-10-2019, 06:11 AM
Agreed. Did you read the posts that resulted in my reply cos this was supposed to be sarcasm.

Fair enough, my mistake.

Danderhall Hibs
30-10-2019, 06:12 AM
Fair enough, my mistake.

:aok:

supermcginn
30-10-2019, 07:58 AM

Couldn't agree more.

Hiber-nation
30-10-2019, 08:27 AM
To be honest I've never been less enthusiastic for a game and I couldn't give a monkey's what the team is. Every time people on here suggest what looks a decent team we perform even worse. 3-5-2 would be interesting but we know that will never happen under Hecky.

bingo70
30-10-2019, 08:57 AM
To be honest I've never been less enthusiastic for a game and I couldn't give a monkey's what the team is. Every time people on here suggest what looks a decent team we perform even worse. 3-5-2 would be interesting but we know that will never happen under Hecky.

Thing is, 3-5-2 is far from a perfect system and it’s not going to cure all of our ills, I just find it bizarre that it’s a formation that has been completely written off when it appears to be the formation that suits our personnel the most.
Nothing else is working, why not give it a go?

BoomtownHibees
30-10-2019, 09:22 AM
Thing is, 3-5-2 is far from a perfect system and it’s not going to cure all of our ills, I just find it bizarre that it’s a formation that has been completely written off when it appears to be the formation that suits our personnel the most.
Nothing else is working, why not give it a go?

Yet he went to 3 at the back when Scott Allan went off on Saturday. That helped

One Day Soon
30-10-2019, 09:25 AM
Thankfully it's my mother's 94th birthday today so we will be spending the evening with her. It feels like she's given me a birthday present rather than the other way around.

Steve20
30-10-2019, 09:28 AM

Harsh on Stevenson. He should be in our team every game. Hanlon has went off form recently, but don't think we have anyone else as Jackson isn't up to it. Agree totally on Vela and Newell.

I know Maxwell hasn't done anything awful, but I just think Rocky is far better, so I'm surprised so many have Maxwell.

bingo70
30-10-2019, 09:33 AM
Yet he went to 3 at the back when Scott Allan went off on Saturday. That helped

Did we go to 3-5-2 with two up front?

Genuine question, I wasn’t there at the time.

BoomtownHibees
30-10-2019, 09:35 AM

Na sorry, was probably more of a 3-6-1/5-4-1 as only Flo up top

bingo70
30-10-2019, 09:45 AM

Yeah that’s what I thought probably happened. Also, throwing together a 3-5-2 in the closing minutes to see out a game is not really what I was meaning. It’s a formation that should have been given a proper try at some point imo, even during the league cup games.

BoomtownHibees
30-10-2019, 09:54 AM
Yeah that’s what I thought probably happened. Also, throwing together a 3-5-2 in the closing minutes to see out a game is not really what I was meaning. It’s a formation that should have been given a proper try at some point imo, even during the league cup games.

Agreed. Think it suits the individuals we have and is a way of getting all or most of our better players playing in their actual position

J-C
30-10-2019, 10:06 AM

It was definitely 5-4-1, a mate of mine who sits in the west near the directors posted on the private board that PH called down to Stockdale when the 2nd went in to go 5-4-1. Says it all really.

GreenArmyyy!
30-10-2019, 10:18 AM
Sad indictment of the position we are in.... I’ll be there tonight but I genuinely couldn’t care less what the team is. This “manager” is destroying all of the hard work of the past 5 years single handedly.

If anything, sacking him would probably give us a lift going in to the semi-final on Saturday!

GreenArmyyy!
30-10-2019, 10:49 AM
Sad indictment of the position we are in.... I’ll be there tonight but I genuinely couldn’t care less what the team is. This “manager” is destroying all of the hard work of the past 5 years single handedly.

If anything, sacking him would probably give us a lift going in to the semi-final on Saturday!

JimBHibees
30-10-2019, 11:03 AM

No, 5 at the back.

MWHIBBIES
30-10-2019, 11:10 AM

He isn't destroying anything singlehandedly. There is a board who are employing him, a coaching staff advising him and playing staff underperforming.

J-C
30-10-2019, 11:20 AM
He isn't destroying anything singlehandedly. There is a board who are employing him, a coaching staff advising him and playing staff underperforming.

He tells the coaching staff what he wants them to do, he's brought in these new players and he tells them how he wants them to play. Hiring a new manager is always taking a punt, it's up to the board/LD to realise quickly when a mistake has been made. At the moment, he's fully to blame.

duffers
30-10-2019, 11:44 AM
Marciano

Jackson Porto Hanlon

James Middleton (Wing Backs)

Mallan Halberg

Allan

Flo Doidge

Absolutely pointless doing as I doubt anyone will predict the actual starting 11, but I'd go for the above. There is zero balance to the team, and other than Porto, I'm not entirely sure any of the other 10 slots are nailed down. Maybe Halberg, and maybe Stevenson, but that is only due to the lack of cover in that position.

Onceinawhile
30-10-2019, 01:05 PM
It was definitely 5-4-1, a mate of mine who sits in the west near the directors posted on the private board that PH called down to Stockdale when the 2nd went in to go 5-4-1. Says it all really.

Our 2nd or theirs?

Because if it was ours, it didn't happen until roughly 25 minutes afterwards and Jackson was already on when they equalised.

So it doesn't really say anything.

MacGruber
30-10-2019, 01:22 PM
Marciano

Jackson Porto Hanlon

James Middleton (Wing Backs)

Mallan Halberg

Allan

Flo Doidge

Absolutely pointless doing as I doubt anyone will predict the actual starting 11, but I'd go for the above. There is zero balance to the team, and other than Porto, I'm not entirely sure any of the other 10 slots are nailed down. Maybe Halberg, and maybe Stevenson, but that is only due to the lack of cover in that position.

For what we have to work with that is an interesting team which I'd like to see us try. Would also like to see Fraser Murray involved somewhere - maybe as a sub

J-C
30-10-2019, 01:35 PM
Our 2nd or theirs?

Because if it was ours, it didn't happen until roughly 25 minutes afterwards and Jackson was already on when they equalised.

So it doesn't really say anything.

It's a post on the private forum, he sits near where Heckingbottom was sitting and he heard him communicate with the bench to go 5-4-1 when we scored our 2nd, can only go with what he says he heard.

B.H.F.C
30-10-2019, 01:57 PM
He tells the coaching staff what he wants them to do, he's brought in these new players and he tells them how he wants them to play. Hiring a new manager is always taking a punt, it's up to the board/LD to realise quickly when a mistake has been made. At the moment, he's fully to blame.

He’s definitely not fully to blame. He’s the biggest issue but it’s about time the players took some responsibility. Simple things like stopping a cross, closing down a shot. Just basically trying a bit bloody harder.

JimBHibees
30-10-2019, 02:12 PM
He’s definitely not fully to blame. He’s the biggest issue but it’s about time the players took some responsibility. Simple things like stopping a cross, closing down a shot. Just basically trying a bit bloody harder.

Agree some of the defending Saturday was absolutely incredibly bad.

Since452
30-10-2019, 02:36 PM

I agree. We've been in a winning position in our last 4 league games and not won. The players need to give themselves a shake. It's not as if we aren't creating chances. We've let 8 points slip through our fingers.

Actually coming to think of it its our last 5 league games we've taken the lead and not won. Shocking.

Cod Boy
30-10-2019, 02:51 PM
Mallan Hanlon Stevenson the undropables and any other 8

RossScott1991
30-10-2019, 02:53 PM
Mallan Hanlon Stevenson the undropables and any other 8

Throw vela in too and you’re spot on

Brightside
30-10-2019, 02:59 PM
Harsh on Stevenson. He should be in our team every game. Hanlon has went off form recently, but don't think we have anyone else as Jackson isn't up to it. Agree totally on Vela and Newell.

I know Maxwell hasn't done anything awful, but I just think Rocky is far better, so I'm surprised so many have Maxwell.

Hanlon has been our best defender in the last 4/5 games. Losing goals recently hasn't been the actual defenders at fault. Its our midfielders not doing their defensive duties.

theonlywayisup
30-10-2019, 03:14 PM
Hanlon has been our best defender in the last 4/5 games. Losing goals recently hasn't been the actual defenders at fault. Its our midfielders not doing their defensive duties.

This 100% - the first goal on Saturday was almost a carbon copy of the Hertz winner in the Derby. When the ball was played out to the left wing, no-one from midfield made an attempt to close down the player striding forward towards the box. It also happened earlier in the County game, but luckily nothing came of it.

As to the second goal on Saturday, Vela is miles away and turning his back on the shot. He should have closed it down quicker.

Vault Boy
30-10-2019, 03:23 PM
Horgan to start after his cameo on Saturday.

Hopefully Hallberg is fit and doesn't get subbed off this time. Naismith or James, it doesn't matter too much to me as I think they're both decent.

I'm hoping Vela will be dropped but I'm doubtful. 4-3-3 with Allan, Mallan and Hallberg please.

eastcoasthibby
30-10-2019, 03:37 PM
A midfield of Vela and Mallan spells a losing combination and it's exactly what I can see Hecky putting out together tonight ..which means he learned nothing from Saturdays second half capitulation by a non existent midfield as an defensive unit ..if Allan and Hallberg are out we should be going with 3 at the back and 2 up front and get Stevenson and get Stevenson wide left wing back midfield and James on the other side with Mallan, Vela and Middleton given a role to wander or if not him Horgan a roving role ...I also think Rocky should be back in as well I think their second goal wasn't a great effort by Maxwell and Rocky would have got it !! Any way what do I know ..the other option is to get Whittaker in as the sitting midfielder in front of back 3 ..

Steve88
30-10-2019, 03:39 PM
PH ego when it comes to formations/tactics is too stubborn to admit it’s not working. This will be his downfall.

JimBHibees
30-10-2019, 03:54 PM
This 100% - the first goal on Saturday was almost a carbon copy of the Hertz winner in the Derby. When the ball was played out to the left wing, no-one from midfield made an attempt to close down the player striding forward towards the box. It also happened earlier in the County game, but luckily nothing came of it.

As to the second goal on Saturday, Vela is miles away and turning his back on the shot. He should have closed it down quicker.

Mallan was equally culpable for not closing down Chalmers

Franck Stanton
30-10-2019, 04:03 PM
Bit radical here but, given the fact our present midfield couldn't tackle a fish supper I would go with -
..............Rocky

James......Jackson.....Hanlon.....Doig

......Porteous.....Hallberg.....Horgan

...................Allan

...........Doidge......Kamberi

Think Stevenson has been off-form so Doig gets the nod at l/ back. Porto will add bite to midfield and need 2 up front

Aldo
30-10-2019, 04:35 PM
Not sure of the team but the formation is a stick on. It’ll be the one that hasn’t worked fir the last few months

4 2 3 1

Hibeewilly
30-10-2019, 04:39 PM
Bit radical here but, given the fact our present midfield couldn't tackle a fish supper I would go with -
..............Rocky

James......Jackson.....Hanlon.....Doig

......Porteous.....Hallberg.....Horgan

...................Allan

...........Doidge......Kamberi

Think Stevenson has been off-form so Doig gets the nod at l/ back. Porto will add bite to midfield and need 2 up front
Not a chance that Stevenson will be dropped. I heard Allan and Hallberg are touch and go as both picked up knocks on Saturday but hopefully they make it

BoomtownHibees
30-10-2019, 04:52 PM

Apart from a ‘defender’ letting the initial cross in for the equaliser on Saturday then another ‘defender’ getting turned by Brian Graham? Or a ‘defender’ getting beaten to a header against Aberdeen? Or a defender getting rag dolled by big Uche in the derby for their equaliser?

I agree our midfield need to be doing a lot lot more however to say the defence haven’t been at fault lately is wide of the mark imo

Aldo
30-10-2019, 05:50 PM
Not sure of the team but the formation is a stick on. It’ll be the one that hasn’t worked fir the last few months

4 2 3 1

Edit. Ignore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapat

MWHIBBIES
30-10-2019, 06:40 PM

Do the coaching staff not advise him? Do the players not take any responsibility for their own performance?

Laughable just to blame one person.

Danderhall Hibs
30-10-2019, 06:43 PM
It's a post on the private forum, he sits near where Heckingbottom was sitting and he heard him communicate with the bench to go 5-4-1 when we scored our 2nd, can only go with what he says he heard.

Well the players ignored him - Hanlon went over to LB and Stevenson pushed up into midfield.