PDA

View Full Version : Derek Adams

Diclonius
28-10-2019, 07:07 AM
Just wondering what actually happened with him at Hibs?

From what I remember he joined from Ross County as Calderwood's assistant - this was highly unusual as County were doing well and the only reason he would have agreed to this is if he was basically being installed as Calderwood's eventual successor. He then left at the end of the season to go back to County and appeared to have this massive grudge against us ever since. What happened?

Bayern Bru
29-10-2019, 10:22 AM
I think you've summed it up.

There's quotes from Calderwood and Adams in this article (https://www.scotsman.com/sport/frustrated-derek-adams-had-to-be-his-own-man-again-after-leaving-hibs-for-ross-county-1-1649630).

Joe6-2
29-10-2019, 10:36 AM
Don’t see why he can blame Hibs for his frustration, he took the post

loanheadhibby
29-10-2019, 11:42 AM
Don’t see why he can blame Hibs for his frustration, he took the post

Adams says "he didn't have a relationship with Calderwood before he joins but now we are friends!"

Why was Adams appointed then and by who? If I am manager of Hibs I want my most trusted friend/confidant by my side. Not some random I have never met. Similar situation to Heckingbottom appointing Stockdale despite not knowing him that well! Strange.

Smartie
29-10-2019, 11:49 AM
Adams says "he didn't have a relationship with Calderwood before he joins but now we are friends!"

Why was Adams appointed then and by who? If I am manager of Hibs I want my most trusted friend/confidant by my side. Not some random I have never met. Similar situation to Heckingbottom appointing Stockdale despite not knowing him that well! Strange.

Did Heckingbottom and Stockdale not do badges together and were hoping to work together at some point? I’m sure they knew each other before joining Hibs but hadn’t worked together.

DarlingtonHibee
29-10-2019, 11:51 AM
Did Heckingbottom and Stockdale not do badges together and were hoping to work together at some point? I’m sure they knew each other before joining Hibs but hadn’t worked together.

Yes

CRAZYHIBBY
29-10-2019, 11:53 AM
It was one of the weirdest appointments ive seen at Easter road....how he could be assistant to a complete clown like calderweed ill never know....he could have been a good manager for us

silverhibee
29-10-2019, 11:59 AM
Seemingly after being told, Calderwood had to ask a few players what Adams was like, he then told the players he was the new assistant and shrugged his shoulders.

Centre Hawf
29-10-2019, 12:00 PM
The stories battering around that I heard was that Derek Adams and Colin Calderwood both went for the mangers job and were interviewed for it then the club decided to put them both together. If true then I don't see how that was ever going to work. It's the same as Billy Brown being Pat Fenlon's assistant. You have a guy who wanted your job and would step into it should you get the bullet, why would that person listen to your advice?