PDA

View Full Version : Sacked in the morning.

Pages : [1] 2

The 90+2
27-10-2019, 05:14 PM
Has anyone had messages saying ******grotten is gone tomorrow?

People who have messaged me usually are 100% legit.

Jim44
27-10-2019, 05:16 PM

Fingers crossed but I’m not holding my breath.

Sir David Gray
27-10-2019, 05:19 PM
Hopefully although I doubt it will happen tomorrow, or any time before the semi final.

A week tomorrow is more likely.

Hibbyradge
27-10-2019, 05:20 PM
Messages aye? :rolleyes:

Scottie
27-10-2019, 05:24 PM
Where you getting these messages from your alter ego ? :faf:

erin go bragh
27-10-2019, 05:43 PM
Replaced with Ross and Murray 😉

Hiber-nation
27-10-2019, 05:47 PM
Where you getting these messages from your alter ego ? :faf:

Get mine from Tesco but didn't hear anything there.

Captain Trips
27-10-2019, 05:48 PM

Where any players buying booze?

Hiber-nation
27-10-2019, 05:49 PM
Where any players buying booze?

10 bottles of Merlot per head as per :aok:

Iggy Pope
27-10-2019, 05:51 PM

Ah. ‘Gaun for the messages’.....I like this. Certain vintage.

basehibby
27-10-2019, 05:53 PM

I hope you're right - I've heard nothing but was posting on another thread that I think (hope!) his time is up. Fingers crossed :hyper

hibbydog
27-10-2019, 05:58 PM
Ah. ‘Gaun for the messages’.....I like this. Certain vintage.

Me too. Nice reminder of innocent days.

Where does the phrase ‘I’m away for the messages’ actually come from?

DarlingtonHibee
27-10-2019, 05:59 PM

Doubt it....

Hibeewilly
27-10-2019, 06:02 PM

Perhaps these rumours are circulating because Ron Gordon apparently arrives in Edinburgh tomorrow.....no inside info just whats been posted on social media

Iggy Pope
27-10-2019, 06:03 PM

Usually it came from my old dear but often meant I went for them instead.....!

DarlingtonHibee
27-10-2019, 06:04 PM
Perhaps these rumours are circulating because Ron Gordon apparently arrives in Edinburgh tomorrow.....no inside info just whats been posted on social media

Lot of ifs and buts.....

B.H.F.C
27-10-2019, 06:05 PM
He’s no getting sacked. Not yet, at least. Those in charge don’t seem very keen on the idea for some reason.

Hibeewilly
27-10-2019, 06:10 PM
Lot of ifs and buts.....
Exactly...….info regarding whether or not Hecky is going to be replaced certainly wont be leaked by Hibs.....that's for sure....its all speculation

Hibbyradge
27-10-2019, 06:11 PM

Yet maw would give you a list and sometimes instructions for the butcher/fishmonger etc.

Messages for the shopkeepers. :agree:

Hiber-nation
27-10-2019, 06:17 PM
Usually it came from my old dear but often meant I went for them instead.....!

And dinnae forget ma divi number!

Iggy Pope
27-10-2019, 06:21 PM

That brought pain.

The 90+2
27-10-2019, 06:28 PM

The two people I’ve been told off have no reason to bull. I was only asking if anyone else has heard similar otherwise I would have just posted on the private board.

The 90+2
27-10-2019, 06:29 PM
Messages aye? :rolleyes:

No need.

.Sean.
27-10-2019, 06:39 PM
10 bottles of Merlot per head as per :aok:
😘

Danderhall Hibs
27-10-2019, 06:52 PM
I’ve not had any messages about this.

matty_f
27-10-2019, 06:55 PM

Neither have I but I'd like one if anyone's sending messages etc. Tesco or otherwise.

makaveli1875
27-10-2019, 06:56 PM
I got a different message, big Ron's coming to give him the vote of confidence and congratulate him on the unbeaten run

Speedway
27-10-2019, 07:11 PM
There’s a rumour doing the rounds because there’s a board meeting on Tuesday and Strachan, Stubbs, Lennon and Griffiths have been invited.

B.H.F.C
27-10-2019, 07:13 PM
There’s a rumour doing the rounds because there’s a board meeting on Tuesday and Strachan, Stubbs, Lennon and Griffiths have been invited.

Nae Jack Ross?

Iggy Pope
27-10-2019, 07:18 PM

They should really make that the AGM. Cover charge at the door with a free pie guarantees more tickets sold than we’ll shift on Saturday.

Is It On....
27-10-2019, 07:19 PM
Nae Jack Ross?

More like Ross Jack upfront 😂

Hibbyradge
27-10-2019, 07:23 PM
No need.

:faf:

hibeerealist
27-10-2019, 07:43 PM

Thought it was Tuesday Ron got into the UK, maybe he wants the deed done before he turns up and has give telephone instructions - I wish!!!

Alfred E Newman
27-10-2019, 07:46 PM

It's a pund o'mince.

Joe6-2
27-10-2019, 07:52 PM
Somebody verify the rumour, or source?

Robbo6-2
27-10-2019, 07:55 PM
Please god be true

we are hibs
27-10-2019, 08:00 PM
Given he survived this weekend i think hes unfortuantely here until next weekend at least.

tamig
27-10-2019, 08:02 PM
Thought it was Tuesday Ron got into the UK, maybe he wants the deed done before he turns up and has give telephone instructions - I wish!!!

The fax is dead. Long live the phone.

Iggy Pope
27-10-2019, 08:03 PM

Please god be true

Hi 6-2s.
The OP is apparently regurgitating something he read on the £10 board and spreading it about.
That’s where you used to get the hot poop on the goings on from Lithuania.
Not much of it ever pans out really. There’s never a source.
When you know, we will all know.

Joe6-2
27-10-2019, 08:05 PM
Hi 6-2s.
The OP is apparently regurgitating something he read on the £10 board and spreading it about.
That’s where you used to get the hot poop on the goings on from Lithuania.
Not much of it ever pans out really. There’s never a source.
When you know, we will all know.

Cheers

Hibeesmad
27-10-2019, 08:08 PM
Doubt it

DarlingtonHibee
27-10-2019, 08:10 PM

Bollocks, absolutely, rearrange

Unseen work
27-10-2019, 08:30 PM
It’s crazy the amount of people that don’t expect our manager to be sacked in the morning, and I’m one of them.

Our manager absolutely deserves the sack and has done for several weeks, but I can’t help but feel like the board don’t want to admit their mistake and sack him. I genuinely feel like no one ho there can see how bad it actually is.

Im praying tomorrow I check sky sports and he is sacked.

How many chances does he get? The amount of times iv seen “if he wins ***” then it may look like he’s turned it around etc. He’s failed with every challenge this season.

Its like we’re waiting for a win to buy him more time. We have played every team bar Livi in the league with one win?! How is he not sacked!!! Unfortunately I think he will be here for the Livi game and we will lose. He will also be here for the semi and lose, sacked a week on Monday.

By that point we will be bottom and out the cup.

bingo70
27-10-2019, 08:34 PM
It’s crazy the amount of people that don’t expect our manager to be sacked in the morning, and I’m one of them.

Our manager absolutely deserves the sack and has done for several weeks, but I can’t help but feel like the board don’t want to admit their mistake and sack him. I genuinely feel like no one ho there can see how bad it actually is.

With us playing on Wednesday I think if he was getting sacked it would have been last night or today.

IberianHibernian
27-10-2019, 08:34 PM
Sacking a manager 48 hours before an important league match and 5 days before a cup semi would only be justified if team was in absolute freefall which it obviously isn`t . Results and performances are well below what we as fans hoped for but certainly not freefall . Change of manager before semi would also suggest club has been waiting to appoint new manager . So folk who want PH sacked tomorrow want Eddie May or other member of present management team in charge for at least next 2 games including a Hampden semi or to have a manager like Ian Murray who has failed elsewhere brought from another club at short notice ( compensation to Airdrie etc ) ? Any change before semi can surely only be if PH decides he`s had enough and resigns or we have a big name lined up eg Strachan or a foreign manager .

DarlingtonHibee
27-10-2019, 08:35 PM

He won't be sacked tomo

Unseen work
27-10-2019, 08:38 PM
He won't be sacked tomo

Any info or a hunch?

DarlingtonHibee
27-10-2019, 08:41 PM
Any info or a hunch?

Can't see it with the semi final coming up.

Steve-O
27-10-2019, 08:42 PM
Sacking a manager 48 hours before an important league match and 5 days before a cup semi would only be justified if team was in absolute freefall which it obviously isn`t . Results and performances are well below what we as fans hoped for but certainly not freefall . Change of manager before semi would also suggest club has been waiting to appoint new manager . So folk who want PH sacked tomorrow want Eddie May or other member of present management team in charge for at least next 2 games including a Hampden semi or to have a manager like Ian Murray who has failed elsewhere brought from another club at short notice ( compensation to Airdrie etc ) ? Any change before semi can surely only be if PH decides he`s had enough and resigns or we have a big name lined up eg Strachan or a foreign manager .

The only reason it’s not freefall is because we haven’t gotten high enough to fall!

madhatter
27-10-2019, 08:43 PM

Why is Wednesdays league match any more important than all the others we’ve failed to win? Let’s not forget we are talking a league cup semi final against Celtic. The team looked seriously demoralised after Ross County’s equaliser and at the final whistle. I suspect we are on the verge of complete free fall. We can’t win, even from winning positions and I don’t think this team could fight back from a losing position so we are in a really bad place.

I suspect you’re right though, he’ll be here for at least another week. Sad times.

Unseen work
27-10-2019, 08:47 PM

What at is classed as freefall ? We’re 11th and have won one game.

To me it makes no difference if it’s a stand in coach or Heckingbottom to who is in the dugout on Saturday. Heckingbottom has clearly shown he can’t get us a win.

B.H.F.C
27-10-2019, 08:47 PM

Not in free fall? You do know we are currently 11th in the league without a win for nearly 3 months?

Hibees1973
27-10-2019, 08:48 PM

Agreed.

Remember reading in the ‘Joe Baker to Turnbull’s Tornadoes’ book Tom Hart sacking the manager at the time Dave Ewing the day before a UEFA cup tie with Liverpool in 1970.

Can’t see this happening this time round. If we don’t win on Wednesday and an expected meek performance with a 4 goal defeat (hopefully no more) in the semi he will be gone.

Must admit sad to see him go as he is a decent bloke. But Hibs at the bottom of the table gives me the fear I had when Butcher, Fenton and Calderwood were around.

Paisley Hibby
27-10-2019, 08:51 PM
My tuppence worth. The Board have told him he's got us into this mess so he'll need to get us out if it. But the semi final next weekend will be such an utterly embarrassing humiliation that he'll get sacked a week on Monday. Mind you, I hope I'm wrong.

Real Emerald
27-10-2019, 08:55 PM
Agreed.

Remember reading in the ‘Joe Baker to Turnbull’s Tornadoes’ book Tom Hart sacking the manager at the time Dave Ewing the day before a UEFA cup tie with Liverpool in 1970.

Can’t see this happening this time round. If we don’t win on Wednesday and an expected meek performance with a 4 goal defeat (hopefully no more) in the semi he will be gone.

Must admit sad to see him go as he is a decent bloke. But Hibs at the bottom of the table gives me the fear I had when Butcher, Fenton and Calderwood were around.
No one likes the thought of a man losing his job but “sad to see him go” is an admirable thing to say, I’ll be sorry he’s lost his job and it didn’t work out but will be delighted to see him gone.

DarlingtonHibee
27-10-2019, 08:59 PM
My tuppence worth. The Board have told him he's got us into this mess so he'll need to get us out if it. But the semi final next weekend will be such an utterly embarrassing humiliation that he'll get sacked a week on Monday. Mind you, I hope I'm wrong.

The board have told him?

Who informed you about that?

Jim44
27-10-2019, 09:06 PM

You’re not wrong .....! Celtic will take us to the cleaners and back. I hope and am sure he will be in charge, as a new manager doesn’t deserve the ordeal. A week on Monday will see the search for a new manager and, if the board has been doing it’s job, it will be a quick appointment.

FilipinoHibs
27-10-2019, 09:12 PM

Your mother wrote a message on a bit if paper to the shop keeper on what she wanted to buy and gave it to you to give to shop keeper.

KDY Hibs
27-10-2019, 09:19 PM
What annoys me was his arrogant attitude during early pre season league cup games with the "dont judge us until league starts attitude" well, league has well and truly started, and im judging, thanks for your efforts but time to go.

ancient hibee
27-10-2019, 09:21 PM
Agreed.

A wee correction.Hart sacked Willie McFarlane because he wouldn’t agree to hart picking the team to play Liverpool and replaced him with Dave Ewing.

IberianHibernian
27-10-2019, 09:24 PM
Don`t know how to do multiquotes so will answer to folk above questioning why I say I don`t think he`ll be sacked tomorrow . Freefall to me would be a sudden run of terrible results suggesting manager has lost respect of players . Performances are well below what we want ( first half of 2018 with Lennon ) as are results . New signings haven`t made a good impression so far and older players who were already here are not playing at level we hope for / remember but that wouldn`t justify sacking a manager before a big league game and a cup semi . After the semi things will be different .

Nicho87
27-10-2019, 09:28 PM
Personally don’t why the semi is such a thing in this whole scenario hibs find themselves in. We have scraped through in literally every round and are due to play the best team in the country. Hecky shouldn’t be given the semi but as I posted last week I think the board won’t act until after it.

GreenCastle
27-10-2019, 09:28 PM

How many chances does he get? The amount of times iv seen “if he wins ***” then it may look like he’s turned it around etc. He’s failed with every challenge this season.

Its like we’re waiting for a win to buy him more time. We have played every team bar Livi in the league with one win?! How is he not sacked!!! Unfortunately I think he will be here for the Livi game and we will lose. He will also be here for the semi and lose, sacked a week on Monday.

By that point we will be bottom and out the cup.

The board are useless if this is the case.

He was lucky he didn't go after the league cup games at the start of the season.

He should have gone after the Ibrox humiliation - 6 goals against us going on 30.

He should have gone before the Derby - a new manager would have won that game.

He should have gone before Aberdeen game - a new manager would have won that game.

He should be gone before Wednesday and the semi final - ok the semi final is very difficult but 3 points Wednesday is a must considering the mess we are in.

How many chances does he get?

A new manager or even him leaving would give a boost before the semi final and final. A fresh start for the players and we might start see some of them performing better again.

jingler1954
27-10-2019, 09:32 PM

You must be in with the admins! I got scratched for stating the same last Monday :)

DarlingtonHibee
27-10-2019, 09:36 PM
The board are useless if this is the case.

He was lucky he didn't go after the league cup games at the start of the season.

He should have gone after the Ibrox humiliation - 6 goals against us going on 30.

He should have gone before the Derby - a new manager would have won that game.

He should have gone before Aberdeen game - a new manager would have won that game.

He should be gone before Wednesday and the semi final - ok the semi final is very difficult but 3 points Wednesday is a must considering the mess we are in.

How many chances does he get?

A new manager or even him leaving would give a boost before the semi final and final. A fresh start for the players and we might start see some of them performing better again.

Who is your new manager that would have beaten Aberdeen and hearts?

Sammy7nil
27-10-2019, 09:46 PM
Who is your new manager that would have beaten Aberdeen and hearts?

Strachan

madhatter
27-10-2019, 09:50 PM
Don`t know how to do multiquotes so will answer to folk above questioning why I say I don`t think he`ll be sacked tomorrow . Freefall to me would be a sudden run of terrible results suggesting manager has lost respect of players . Performances are well below what we want ( first half of 2018 with Lennon ) as are results . New signings haven`t made a good impression so far and older players who were already here are not playing at level we hope for / remember but that wouldn`t justify sacking a manager before a big league game and a cup semi . After the semi things will be different .

Do we have less important games after the semi final or something?

Bearders
27-10-2019, 09:54 PM
Strachan

Strachan with KT.

IberianHibernian
27-10-2019, 09:59 PM
Do we have less important games after the semi final or something?Don`t understand your comment . I`ve said I don`t think board will sack PH tomorrow not whether they should . You`re suggesting sacking PH and his assistants on Monday will improve our results on Wednesday and on Saturday I suppose . Otherwise , unless we have a top level manager lined up to take over immediately , we `ll have Eddie May reluctantly in charge like when Lennon left or someone like Ian Murray or Jack Ross with a record of failure ?

madhatter
27-10-2019, 10:07 PM
Don`t understand your comment . I`ve said I don`t think board will sack PH tomorrow not whether they should . You`re suggesting sacking PH and his assistants on Monday will improve our results on Wednesday and on Saturday I suppose . Otherwise , unless we have a top level manager lined up to take over immediately , we `ll have Eddie May reluctantly in charge like when Lennon left or someone like Ian Murray or Jack Ross with a record of failure ?

You said that we have an important league match and a cup game so nothing so far justifies sacking a manager before these. Somehow after them it is justified, so I was asking, do we have less important league matches after the cup game?

Things are really bad, you could tell the players we’re in a bad place after the game. How bad does bad need to be for this to end?

I think you’ll be right, and I suspect we’ll be hitting 10-12k attendances before he’s gone.

IberianHibernian
27-10-2019, 10:31 PM
You said that we have an important league match and a cup game so nothing so far justifies sacking a manager before these. Somehow after them it is justified, so I was asking, do we have less important league matches after the cup game?

Things are really bad, you could tell the players we’re in a bad place after the game. How bad does bad need to be for this to end?

I think you’ll be right, and I suspect we’ll be hitting 10-12k attendances before he’s gone. I`ve said clearly that unless we have a new manager lined up ( which means we`ve had contact before whether new manager is with another club or not ) that I don`t think recent results justify changing manager before Saturday . If we have a new manager lined up who is going to boost attendance massively for Wednesday and Saturday ( if we get tickets and 25% share justifies it ) then I`d understand it but would question board`s judgement if they sacked PH and his assistants on Monday to appoint for example Ross and Murray or other team of managers with recent record of failure .

Hermit Crab
28-10-2019, 04:51 AM
I've not had anything but I don't see why the OP is getting a bit of a hard time about it. I hope his info is correct.

Doh Rae Me
28-10-2019, 05:28 AM
Leeann just finishing off her weetabix before dishing out some P45's.

blackpoolhibs
28-10-2019, 05:33 AM
Leeann just finishing off her weetabix before dishing out some P45's.

Should she not be having cheerios?

BILLYHIBS
28-10-2019, 05:37 AM
I've not had anything but I don't see why the OP is getting a bit of a hard time about it. I hope his info is correct.

Is this not why The Cat left?

The guy is only passing on what he has been told in good faith be the info true or false

Doh Rae Me
28-10-2019, 05:37 AM
Very possibly. Hope she doesn't give Hecky a too frosty reception, it's not his fault hes a fruit n nut case.

flash
28-10-2019, 06:27 AM

The guy is only passing on what he has been told in good faith be the info true or false

Not quite no.

BILLYHIBS
28-10-2019, 06:28 AM
Not quite no.

Pray enlighten me ?

Ray_
28-10-2019, 06:34 AM

It has become toxic Billy, hard to see why anybody would want to share anything on here TBH, not worth the grief.

sean04
28-10-2019, 06:39 AM
I’m not sure how successful a new manager would be with the players we have. Summer transfer window was shocking. Vela and Newell have been very poor. Offer nothing to the team. Still giving Hallberg the benefit of the doubt. Big job to get that set off players playing well and winning

Beefster
28-10-2019, 06:42 AM

No. If the OP had been a complete falsehood about how everyone at Hibs wants to sack Heckingbottom but Dempster has blocked it because she thinks she knows better than everyone else, leading to Dempster getting [even more] dogs abuse on Twitter, then it might have been comparable.

Back on topic, I’ll believe we’re even close to sacking him when it’s announced. My instinct still says he’s not going to be binned any time soon.

Smartie
28-10-2019, 06:53 AM
I’m not sure how successful a new manager would be with the players we have. Summer transfer window was shocking. Vela and Newell have been very poor. Offer nothing to the team. Still giving Hallberg the benefit of the doubt. Big job to get that set off players playing well and winning

The best reason we have for keeping him is that I think any other manager will struggle to get much more from these players and we’d be on the new guy’s back before he’d had the chance to address it in January.

I think he’ll be mutually consented at the winter break.

bingo70
28-10-2019, 06:58 AM
The best reason we have for keeping him is that I think any other manager will struggle to get much more from these players and we’d be on the new guy’s back before he’d had the chance to address it in January.

A new manager could play with 2 up front at the right times and get the best out of Scott Allan.

He’d also get the benefit of Boyle returning from injury.

Steve20
28-10-2019, 06:59 AM

That group of players should not be winless in 9 league games. Sorry but another manager could get that team climbing the table. It’s a poor squad yes, but not the 2nd worse set of players in the league.

If he stays until the winter break then we’d be as well accepting relegation or best case scenario, prepare for the playoffs. He’s a brutal manager. Truly awful.

flash
28-10-2019, 07:01 AM
It has become toxic Billy, hard to see why anybody would want to share anything on here TBH, not worth the grief.

It's not like that at all. There is almost unanimous belief that he needs to go. Anyone defending him is getting challenged of course but haven't seen much that has been over the top.
Believe me as one who often goes against the grain on here I would know.

Wembley67
28-10-2019, 07:02 AM

Possibly the single best thing you've ever said :greengrin

Smartie
28-10-2019, 07:08 AM
A new manager could play with 2 up front at the right times and get the best out of Scott Allan.

He’d also get the benefit of Boyle returning from injury.

I agree with this, but it seems that whenever you solve a problem with this squad, you create another.

I’m firmly in the 352 / 442 diamond camp for the reasons you state, but it does then pose the question regarding what you do out wide and with the CM.

PH’s rigid refusal to do anything other than 4 at the back and 1 up front with this group of players will be his undoing, but most managers nowadays play the same way.

And was it tactics and formation that saw us fall out the game again? Do we get mentally tougher with the same players but a new manager?

Cataplana
28-10-2019, 07:11 AM
Is Heckingbottom toast yet, or are we still in a jam, looking for a boss who will bring home the bacon?

The Leith Dutch
28-10-2019, 07:17 AM

Excellent post.
I've been a firm PH out asap since the St Johnstone game in late August.

If we're honest this season is gone barring either a miracle or a cup run.

Cup wise:
A new manager at this stage isn't likely to give us a better chance against Celtic - a match I'd bet the house we'll lose.
The Scottish Cup doesn't start until 18th January.

As horrendous and unacceptable as our league position is there are 2 points covering the bottom five and 6 points covering the bottom seven.
We're going nowhere up the table under PH before anyone starts but we're also nowhere near adrift.

While is sticks in my craw PH still being in charge I think you make a good point.
We need to bring the right new guy in and, almost as importantly, bring him in at the right time.

The horrible thing about that is that, if that is the case, the board are probably earmarking late December after the back to back
Aberdeen/Celtic/Rangers/Hearts matches and that's a long time of expecting us to be delighted by the barely mediocre prospect of 2-2 draws with Ross County :(

J-C
28-10-2019, 07:17 AM
Just had a call saying May as caretaker, bug bust up at EMains yesterday, list the dressing room weeks ago, big barney with Allan who isn't happy. Seemingly Doidge, Veka, Newell and Jackson take up £25k wages per week between them, others not happy at all. Don't know if it's all true but very good source.

sean04
28-10-2019, 07:18 AM

Can only hope a new manager would bring a more positive approach. 2 up front and Allan in behind. Need someone to galvanise the support again. Can’t get my head around why we find ourselfs in this position again. How can all the wee rubbish clubs be consistently better than us

sean04
28-10-2019, 07:23 AM
I agree with this, but it seems that whenever you solve a problem with this squad, you create another.

I’m firmly in the 352 / 442 diamond camp for the reasons you state, but it does then pose the question regarding what you do out wide and with the CM.

PH’s rigid refusal to do anything other than 4 at the back and 1 up front with this group of players will be his undoing, but most managers nowadays play the same way.

And was it tactics and formation that saw us fall out the game again? Do we get mentally tougher with the same players but a new manager?

I was thinking that the 3-5-2 might be the answer. Dunno why we haven’t tried to get efe back. His calmness and composure would’ve seen us thru the game on sat. Think he helps Porto a lot aswell. It’s a no brainier to me

Diclonius
28-10-2019, 07:23 AM
Just had a call saying May as caretaker, bug bust up at EMains yesterday, list the dressing room weeks ago, big barney with Allan who isn't happy. Seemingly Doidge, Veka, Newell and Jackson take up £25k wages per week between them, others not happy at all. Don't know if it's all true but very good source.

May is going to be gutted.

Captain Trips
28-10-2019, 07:25 AM

Cheers JC I know only passing on what told so cheers.

The Leith Dutch
28-10-2019, 07:27 AM

Not dissing your source but would be very surprised by the bit in bold.

Not saying that they aren't being paid way too much but if you took the mean
average of what people claim our top earners are on then it's been way lower
than £6k a week for a long time.

I'd be genuinely shocked if we'd brought in four signings with little marquee appeal
who were either all significantly more highly paid than previous top earners or one
of whom was on an eye watering amount.

The source may be accurate but if so I'd bet the figure quoted was whatever the rumour
equivalent of clickbait is ;)

Hermit Crab
28-10-2019, 07:27 AM

I'm not doubting you've had a call and I do hope he is finally gone but I'm not having the bit in bold. 6k plus a week each? No danger in my opinion.

sean04
28-10-2019, 07:33 AM
May is going to be gutted.

I think vela, Newell and Doidge will be on good money. Heard Horgan is the highest earner

04Sauzee
28-10-2019, 07:37 AM
So many people hearing so many things

GreenCastle
That group of players should not be winless in 9 league games. Sorry but another manager could get that team climbing the table. It’s a poor squad yes, but not the 2nd worse set of players in the league.

If he stays until the winter break then we’d be as well accepting relegation or best case scenario, prepare for the playoffs. He’s a brutal manager. Truly awful.

Exactly - plenty of other managers in world football who could do a better job.

It’s a lame excuse and losers mentality.

Cataplana

Bit unusual for players to be in the day after a game.

MSK
28-10-2019, 07:40 AM
I think vela, Newell and Doidge will be on good money. Heard Horgan is the highest earnerCant imagine Allan will be on peanuts either

Billy Whizz
28-10-2019, 07:40 AM
Bit unusual for players to be in the day after a game.

No, they always come in day after the game for a warm down

Forza Fred
28-10-2019, 07:43 AM
A wee correction.Hart sacked Willie McFarlane because he wouldn’t agree to hart picking the team to play Liverpool and replaced him with Dave Ewing.

Yep, remember it well.

I had a beer with Willie MacFarlane after an East of Scotland game at Tynecastle many, many years ago and he told me his side of that story, basically how Tom Hart, drunk as a lord phoned him up and told him that Johnny Graham should not be picked.

GreenCastle
28-10-2019, 07:43 AM

Please be true.

The wages part for these guys ideally not true but wouldn’t be surprised as we have no money.

It’s obvious Allan isn’t happy and as a result isn’t playing well. Probably all started weeks ago when shoved onto the right wing / right full back.

Greenworld
28-10-2019, 07:44 AM
May is going to be gutted.My thoughts exactly I think Eddie might go on Holiday [emoji23][emoji23]
I would just go with Murray and mcgregor till new man can come in.
I am wondering with all the talk of liking up with a top European team if Ron might bring in a foreign manager

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

essexhibee
28-10-2019, 07:46 AM
Nothing like a good East Mains bust up :greengrin its not sacking territory until thats happened

Captain Trips
28-10-2019, 07:48 AM
Nothing like a good East Mains bust up :greengrin its not sacking territory until thats happened

Video footage of the incident located:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OO27A8xllA

GoalsMcGinley
28-10-2019, 07:50 AM

Heard the wages things a few weeks back. A lot of unhappy players apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brightside
28-10-2019, 07:51 AM
Strachan with KT.

Jesus.

Cataplana
28-10-2019, 07:54 AM
No, they always come in day after the game for a warm down

Fair enough, I didn't know that. Thanks.

LancsHibs
28-10-2019, 07:54 AM

If there is truth in this then not only is Secondbottom culpable but whoever sanctioned this!!!!
Let’s all hope for good news today:pray:

One Day Soon
28-10-2019, 08:02 AM

He never had it. As I posted months back I had been told unambiguously that he just wasn't being taken seriously by the players. While they liked him at that point and there was no active hostility they basically thought he was a nice guy who they weren't convinced really knew what he was trying to do or how to achieve it.

That feeling from the players has been shining through for many, many weeks now on the pitch. The real difference at this stage being that they are finally beginning to grasp how serious a situation we are already in, that some of them are perceived as not being as invested in the future of the club as others and that some seem to believe they are doing Hibs a favour by being here.

This won't end well and the quicker it ends the better. He's been an unmitigated disaster from start to finish and the longer he's in place the worse we're getting and the less time we have to recover.

MSK
28-10-2019, 08:05 AM
Jesus.Nah, he hasnt done much in football the past few years

hibeerealist
28-10-2019, 08:11 AM
I'm not doubting you've had a call and I do hope he is finally gone but I'm not having the bit in bold. 6k plus a week each? No danger in my opinion.

Could that be the reason there is no money, he *****ed the budget early doors?

There may well be accuracy in that statement, what a waste of money.

southsider
28-10-2019, 08:13 AM

I still remember my ma’s and not used it for about 50 years.

One Day Soon
28-10-2019, 08:14 AM
Could that be the reason there is no money, he *****ed the budget early doors?

There may well be accuracy in that statement, what a waste of money.

Were these players signed early on? If so it might explain why we managed to do our signing business early in the window rather than the usual last minute stuff. A lot easier to get the players you want if you're prepared to pay them more than they're worth or than they expect to get...

matty_f
28-10-2019, 08:23 AM

Toxic?? Which responses were toxic?

JohnMcM
28-10-2019, 08:26 AM
Can only hope a new manager would bring a more positive approach. 2 up front and Allan in behind. Need someone to galvanise the support again. Can’t get my head around why we find ourselfs in this position again. How can all the wee rubbish clubs be consistently better than us

Because we are currently more rubbish than them I suppose.:grr:

CRAZYHIBBY
28-10-2019, 08:33 AM
Im hearing hecky threw a boot at scott allan causing a small cut. he now has to wear an alice band to keep his hair out the wound

Alfred E Newman
28-10-2019, 08:37 AM
Were the chairs thrown?

Wheat Hound
28-10-2019, 08:41 AM
Is the pre game media conference not normally 2 days before a game? That being the case we should see one today?

Vault Boy
28-10-2019, 08:48 AM
Is the pre game media conference not normally 2 days before a game? That being the case we should see one today?

That's right

madhatter
28-10-2019, 08:48 AM

If he's still here, they should just wheel in a tv with a recording of his previous interviews. No need for him to do it. Just get one of his 10min interviews that can utter one "deep" psychological reason for this that and the next thing.

Hibs are like a ticking time bomb at the moment.

Keith_M
28-10-2019, 09:00 AM
It's the mornin. I'm waiting patiently...

J-C
28-10-2019, 09:01 AM
I was told not a huge bust up but a lot of shouting and accusations thrown around. Reason our money is gone is due to overly high wages, I was told Doidge is on £7k with the others brought in adding up to around £25k. May only be in charge for a couple of games like before. My mates contact is a cousin of a 1st team coach, usually info is good but remember it's all still rumour and speculation, I'm only passing on what I've been told.

Captain Trips
28-10-2019, 09:01 AM
I'm prepared to accept afternoon but evening is pushing it.

FilipinoHibs
28-10-2019, 09:08 AM

One upfront and flood the midfield is the the tactic globally. Not many are going against the Mantra. Needs a complete player as the one up front. And wide midfielders who are attacking and have an eye for goal.

JimBHibees
28-10-2019, 09:11 AM

Are you expecting news? Any other update from Saturday?

Keith_M
28-10-2019, 09:11 AM
One upfront and flood the midfield is the the tactic globally. Not many are going against the Mantra. Needs a complete player as the one up front. And wide midfielders who are attacking and have an eye for goal.

Do you fancy being our new Head Coach?

;-)

Peevemor
28-10-2019, 09:12 AM

I'm prepared to accept afternoon but evening is pushing it.

Do you think they remembered to change the clocks?

Not In The Know
28-10-2019, 09:14 AM
if the afternoon pre match presser is still happening. He's here until next week at least. :confused::confused:

Hibbyradge
28-10-2019, 09:16 AM

I was told sometime ago, by a regular poster on here who I won't name, that Hibs were paying considerably more than was the received wisdom. I have no reason to disbelieve him, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if those players were on £6k.

essexhibee
28-10-2019, 09:19 AM
I was told not a huge bust up but a lot of shouting and accusations thrown around. Reason our money is gone is due to overly high wages, I was told Doidge is on £7k with the others brought in adding up to around £25k. May only be in charge for a couple of games like before. My mates contact is a cousin of a 1st team coach, usually info is good but remember it's all still rumour and speculation, I'm only passing on what I've been told.

**** me 7k a week on that huddy?! :ill:

JimBHibees
28-10-2019, 09:20 AM

:faf: Surely not.

Where was Doidge on Saturday? Havent heard why he didn't play.

Hibbyradge
28-10-2019, 09:23 AM
:faf: Surely not.

Where was Doidge on Saturday? Havent heard why he didn't play.

He had an ankle knock.

Dropped a cheap bottle of Shiraz on it, I'm told.

.Sean.
28-10-2019, 09:28 AM
He had an ankle knock.

Did he aye? Hilarious

Hibbyradge
28-10-2019, 09:30 AM

I've been in favour of PH leaving, literally for months, so the sooner he goes the better. There's no need to keep him for Wednesday's game and Saturday is a free hit which we'll lose, probably heavily so get rid now.

However, would a training centre argument be used as a reason to sack a manager? Would LD even be told about it? If so, who would tell her?

Hibbyradge
28-10-2019, 09:31 AM
Did he aye? Hilarious

:hilarious

Lighten up!

Edit: He did have an ankle knock.

calumhibee1
28-10-2019, 09:31 AM
**** me 7k a week on that huddy?! :ill:

I’m not doubting JC has been told that but I don’t believe it for a second.

Smacks of someone making something up to stir the pot a bit more and spreading it. Much like when Hecky apparently hated Fraser Murray.. and then suddenly he also hated Ryan Porteous.. and then SDG hated Hecky because he hated the two of them so Hecky then hated SDG. And Daz. And then Hecky gave the players a full week off over the international break (even though he never) etc.

The Facebook pages especially are rampant with it.

matty_f
28-10-2019, 09:32 AM
I've been in favour of PH leaving, literally for months, so the sooner he goes the better. There's no need to keep him for Wednesday's game and Saturday is a free hit which we'll lose, probably heavily so get rid now.

However, would a training centre argument be used as a reason to sack a manager? Would LD even be told about it? If so, who would tell her?

Lee Wallace.

Sioux
28-10-2019, 09:33 AM

So, first team coach tells his cousin, his cousin's mate tells a 'contact', who tells your mate, who then tells you?

Have you never heard of Chinese whispers?

Hibs paying 7 grand a week on a virtual nobody :faf::faf::faf:

Joe6-2
28-10-2019, 09:34 AM
Cant imagine Allan will be on peanuts either

Should be top earner in my opinion

LancsHibs
28-10-2019, 09:36 AM
Were the chairs thrown?

The only things thrown were the last 5 games

chrisski33
28-10-2019, 09:37 AM
Well it's the morning and no news yet!

neil7908
28-10-2019, 09:43 AM
I was told sometime ago, by a regular poster on here who I won't name, that Hibs were paying considerably more than was the received wisdom. I have no reason to disbelieve him, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if those players were on £6k.

I have no inside knowledge but Jackson, Newell and Vela have all be playing in the English Championship before joining us. £6k is not a big chunk of money down there so if we're signing guys from that league their unlikely to come up here for a huge drop in salary. Its crazy if true but like you I wouldn't be surprised if they were on something around that level.

matty_f
28-10-2019, 09:48 AM
I have no inside knowledge but Jackson, Newell and Vela have all be playing in the English Championship before joining us. £6k is not a big chunk of money down there so if we're signing guys from that league their unlikely to come up here for a huge drop in salary. Its crazy if true but like you I wouldn't be surprised if they were on something around that level.

It's unlikely though if what I read on here is true, because their signings are a false economy, so we'd have taken the cheap options.

J-C
28-10-2019, 09:48 AM
So, first team coach tells his cousin, his cousin's mate tells a 'contact', who tells your mate, who then tells you?

Have you never heard of Chinese whispers?

Hibs paying 7 grand a week on a virtual nobody :faf::faf::faf:

You do know how rumours work? The OP on this thread posted a rumour re a text, I got a text this morning then a call, similar rumour but with a bit more detail. All rumours are things passed on unless it's direct from the horses mouth, then it's a truth.

If this doesn't happen this morning or at all, it wont worry me a bit as it was a rumour passed on, no skin off my nose.

Diclonius
28-10-2019, 09:50 AM
Only one hour and ten minutes of the morning left. :worried:

Torto7
28-10-2019, 09:51 AM
I’m not doubting JC has been told that but I don’t believe it for a second.

Smacks of someone making something up to stir the pot a bit more and spreading it. Much like when Hecky apparently hated Fraser Murray.. and then suddenly he also hated Ryan Porteous.. and then SDG hated Hecky because he hated the two of them so Hecky then hated SDG. And Daz. And then Hecky gave the players a full week off over the international break (even though he never) etc.

The Facebook pages especially are rampant with it.

Pretty much how I see it.

I've got a family member who works for Brentford and I know that their highest earner is 13 500 a week. However they only have three players over 10k with the majority of the first team squad being under 5.5k and that's at championship level. These first team players are of a higher standard than Doidge/Newell etc. If we are paying these wages and I don't believe we are then Leanne/the board has been taken for mugs.

JimBHibees
28-10-2019, 09:52 AM
He had an ankle knock.

Thought Merlot was his tipple of choice. :greengrin

Onceinawhile
28-10-2019, 09:52 AM
he'll not be away today.

This time next week at the earliest.

FilipinoHibs
28-10-2019, 10:00 AM

Shiraz has generally a heavier alcohol level and leaves you with a nice headache.

Sioux
28-10-2019, 10:00 AM
he'll not be away today.

Is this a fact or did someone tell you it was?

SteveHFC
28-10-2019, 10:04 AM
Stockdale to do the presser apparently

makaveli1875
28-10-2019, 10:06 AM
The morning is almost over and he still seems to be here

madhatter
28-10-2019, 10:06 AM

Terrific...

bingo70
28-10-2019, 10:08 AM

Makes sense when the games are so close together, don’t think it really means anything.

Speaking to the press on Thursday, Saturday and Monday isn’t really necessary.

bingo70
he'll not be away today.

Certainly looking that way

Hibbyradge

It was the uncertainty that made him drop the Shiraz!

madhatter
28-10-2019, 10:10 AM
Those that turn up on Wednesday will probably have to huddle together for warmth. My guess is it wont be a large huddle...

Captain Trips
28-10-2019, 10:15 AM
Cannot surely be allowing him yet another game in charge.

PatHead
28-10-2019, 10:17 AM
Leeann is at an sfa meeting today. Even with Ron arriving today I wouldn't have expected anything to happen today. Board meeting tomorrow though that could be interesting.

CRAZYHIBBY
28-10-2019, 10:18 AM
15 games and hes out.....said it all season

Captain Trips
28-10-2019, 10:19 AM
Hibs announce special guest announcer for Wednesday night:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Ye4z35ymylY/hqdefault.jpg

flash
28-10-2019, 10:27 AM
Those that turn up on Wednesday will probably have to huddle together for warmth. My guess is it wont be a large huddle...

We will cope.

Joe6-2
28-10-2019, 10:31 AM
Presser? When did this description join the language 😤

04Sauzee
28-10-2019, 10:32 AM

We have decent seats in the FF upper we should be OK cheers

The 90+2
28-10-2019, 10:33 AM
Looks like the information was incorrect, unfortunately, sorry. Open to ridicule etc was just passing on.

Joe6-2
28-10-2019, 10:34 AM
Looks like the information was incorrect, unfortunately, sorry. Open to ridicule etc was just passing on.

Hopefully time yet

calumhibee1
28-10-2019, 10:38 AM

Ban.

:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
28-10-2019, 10:41 AM
Presser? When did this description join the language 😤

It’s probably a Championship Manager phrase.

Betty Boop
28-10-2019, 10:41 AM

Slaver Ivan Drago

The 90+2
28-10-2019, 10:47 AM
Ban.

J-C
28-10-2019, 10:53 AM

Same here, can only pass on these things when told, some come true some don't.

JimBHibees
28-10-2019, 10:55 AM
It was the uncertainty that made him drop the Shiraz!

Yep no doubt was reading the alcohol content and let it slip through his fingers. :greengrin

DH1875
28-10-2019, 10:56 AM
Hearing Kenny Miller could be on his way out of Partick Thistle for a new coaching role. Also hanging up his playing boots at Thistle have his registration.

*Coaching role, not as new manager. Anyone know if he's pals with Jack Ross?

calumhibee1
28-10-2019, 10:56 AM
Same here, can only pass on these things when told, some come true some don't.

Have you heard something else? Or are you presuming you’re wrong based on the fact it hasn’t been announced yet? I wouldn’t be that surprised if it happened at some point, don’t see why it needs to be rushed out in the AM.

madhatter
28-10-2019, 11:01 AM
Hearing Kenny Miller could be on his way out of Partick Thistle for a new coaching role. Also hanging up his playing boots at Thistle have his registration.

*Coaching role, not as new manager. Anyone know if he's pals with Jack Ross?

Anybody's dug got a tangible link with Hibs? Why as fans do we keep looking at ex-players who are likely rank rotten coaches. Need to get jobs on merit. Jobs for the boys FC...

J-C
28-10-2019, 11:41 AM
Have you heard something else? Or are you presuming you’re wrong based on the fact it hasn’t been announced yet? I wouldn’t be that surprised if it happened at some point, don’t see why it needs to be rushed out in the AM.

No mate nothing else, I just thought it would've happened by now, can only pass these things on but may still happen, maybe not today though, we live in hope.

Captain Trips
28-10-2019, 11:43 AM
Change title to Afternoon and if goes on change to Evening.

calumhibee1
28-10-2019, 11:58 AM
No mate nothing else, I just thought it would've happened by now, can only pass these things on but may still happen, maybe not today though, we live in hope.

:aok:

MrRobot
28-10-2019, 12:28 PM
Ban.

I just received a message saying he's sacked in the morning :greengrin

Vault Boy
28-10-2019, 12:34 PM
Stockdale took the press conference.

Keith_M
28-10-2019, 12:34 PM
Are you expecting news? Any other update from Saturday?

Nah, I was just meaning in regard to the OP's prediction. I got one piece of inside info but that's it.

Maybe I should secretly install a webcam in the boardroom :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-10-2019, 12:41 PM
Nah, he hasnt done much in football the past few years

Doubt he would leave Man City!

Unseen work
28-10-2019, 12:42 PM
How the hell has he not been sacked yet? It’s honestly crazy.

Beefster
28-10-2019, 12:43 PM

Any one of Heckingbottom or Stockdale would suggest that there's nothing happening IMHO.

The Captain....
28-10-2019, 01:01 PM
Beggars belief that he is still here. Any rumour that he was going this morning would have had a good chance of being correct at most other clubs. Ours seems to have achieved some kind of collective paralysis where decision making is concerned.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

hibbypaul
28-10-2019, 01:04 PM
I just sent a email to club to get rid of second bottom. So
every one do the same go to Hibernian main page and go to club drop down and send message.

Heckys Wheel
28-10-2019, 01:07 PM
every one do the same go to Hibernian main page and go to club drop down and send message.

Jesus 😂😂😂

percy veer
28-10-2019, 01:10 PM

Was that before or after your mum made you egg and soldiers for breakfast

Cataplana
28-10-2019, 01:14 PM
I just received a message saying he's sacked in the morning :greengrin

Which morning?

JimBHibees
28-10-2019, 01:19 PM

:faf::faf:

Heisenberg
28-10-2019, 01:24 PM

Presume it’ll be more of the same “we are playing well, rub of the green is all that’s required etc etc”.

DH1875
28-10-2019, 01:33 PM
Anybody's dug got a tangible link with Hibs? Why as fans do we keep looking at ex-players who are likely rank rotten coaches. Need to get jobs on merit. Jobs for the boys FC...

Like I said, just been told there's a good chance he's leaving Thistle to take up a coaching role and that he'll be hanging up his boots. No idea if its with us or not. Guess will only know for sure once the job becomes available.

The 90+2
28-10-2019, 01:49 PM

Sit there and do nothing, it’s the best way of course.

Gerard
28-10-2019, 01:49 PM
Which morning?

Which month,year etc

Captain Trips
28-10-2019, 02:07 PM
Meanwhile at Easter Road:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91HMmP94o1L._SX569_.jpg

Squirrel 1875
28-10-2019, 02:11 PM
Can’t believe the number of chances he has been given to turn it around. He gets a result on Wednesday and I bet there will be people willing to give him another go. It is crucial we don’t get disillusioned, win, lose or draw on Wednesday, he simply has to leave.

makaveli1875
28-10-2019, 02:15 PM
Can’t believe the number of chances he has been given to turn it around. He gets a result on Wednesday and I bet there will be people willing to give him another go. It is crucial we don’t get disillusioned, win, lose or draw on Wednesday, he simply has to leave.

Win lose or draw he'll still be here for the cup game . Win lose or draw that and he'll still be here the week after . He has the 2nd safest job in world football behind Mr Levein

Wilson
28-10-2019, 02:20 PM

The club just aren't going to act at the moment. They'll look for any positive they can find to back their man and the unbeaten run is it. Win or draw on Wednesday extends that run. While we're unbeaten it looks like all we need is a couple of tweaks to set us right.

It doesn't matter if the fans don't rate him. They'll think a couple of wins will bring the majority round. Any excuse they can find not to make the big change.

I fear things would need to get much worse before they make the call. Too late to rescue this campaign.

Captain Trips
28-10-2019, 02:31 PM
The club just aren't going to act at the moment. They'll look for any positive they can find to back their man and the unbeaten run is it. Win or draw on Wednesday extends that run. While we're unbeaten it looks like all we need is a couple of tweaks to set us right.

It doesn't matter if the fans don't rate him. They'll think a couple of wins will bring the majority round. Any excuse they can find not to make the big change.

I fear things would need to get much worse before they make the call. Too late to rescue this campaign.

There is going to need to be some sort of massive turnaround without any defeats for anyone to sink teeth into. Might win 2 but loses 3rd and the fears will return it just isn't going to happen the guy has blown a wonderful opportunity to have Hibs right up there just now and he had the backing to do so. This is a massive fail and shows to me a real lack of ability and a poor judgement on the game up here. This is fixable I do not know who by but even for the next few games I would prefer any caretaker manager in just now to change anything up.

Callum_62
28-10-2019, 02:36 PM
. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191028/24e062bcbf1725d04010c0b04c58c436.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

NthCarolinaHibs
28-10-2019, 02:41 PM
Perfect....get the lad in for a chat..nothing else to sort out the now..

essexhibee
28-10-2019, 02:49 PM
. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191028/24e062bcbf1725d04010c0b04c58c436.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

"As is normal" = "no fans he hasnt been sacked so dont get your hopes up"

DH1875
28-10-2019, 02:54 PM
Win lose or draw he'll still be here for the cup game . Win lose or draw that and he'll still be here the week after . He has the 2nd safest job in world football behind Mr Levein

IF Livi beat us and the celtic take 5/6 off us next week, he'll be gone.

Alex Trager
28-10-2019, 03:04 PM
IF Livi beat us and the celtic take 5/6 off us next week, he'll be gone.
Canny wait.

If Livi beat us, aw do you know what, I am sick of saying 'If...He'll get sacked'

It just simply does not seem like it is going to happen.

Wake me up when he goes*

*I reserve the right to hopelessly keep an eye on these threads and comment with nothing really but dreams of him being sacked

HFC93
28-10-2019, 03:15 PM

I hope that you punctuated your email.

calumhibee1
28-10-2019, 03:21 PM

There probably is an argument that you could put forward that a few tweaks could set us right. Teams recently haven’t been able to beat us and in the last three games we’ve been the better side - Aberdeen and Saturday especially I’d say comfortably the better side. In some ways I can believe that they may genuinely think we’re not far away because for the last 4 games we’ve taken the lead, played decent enough etc and inexplicably thrown it away (other than Celtic). There’s been enough chances to get it right though and it’s just not happening.

Captain Trips
28-10-2019, 03:42 PM
There probably is an argument that you could put forward that a few tweaks could set us right. Teams recently haven’t been able to beat us and in the last three games we’ve been the better side - Aberdeen and Saturday especially I’d say comfortably the better side. In some ways I can believe that they may genuinely think we’re not far away because for the last 4 games we’ve taken the lead, played decent enough etc and inexplicably thrown it away (other than Celtic). There’s been enough chances to get it right though and it’s just not happening.

He has had enough time time to do these tweaks has he not? He is not a tweak or two away he is miles away.

CMurdoch
28-10-2019, 03:42 PM

8 posts in 11 years and most of them asking for stuff, tickets, buses etc.
Now this helpful gem :rolleyes:

matty_f
28-10-2019, 03:48 PM
He has had enough time time to do these tweaks has he not? He is not a tweak or two away he is miles away.

Can't you see Callum's point, though? There's not been a single game recently we've been dominated in. We've dropped points in ridiculous ways but if we'd won those games nobody would have been saying we didn't deserve to.

I don't see how anyone could argue with that.

I think Callum's point is valid, and I say that as someone who is firmly in the Hecky out camp.

Beefster
28-10-2019, 03:52 PM
Despite not expecting him to be, I still feel crushing disappointment, when I check after work every day, to find he hasn’t been sacked.

Jones28
28-10-2019, 04:00 PM

I’m in the same boat. When is it time for the players to take some responsibility?

matty_f
28-10-2019, 04:03 PM
Despite not expecting him to be, I still feel crushing disappointment, when I check after work every day, to find he hasn’t been sacked.

I genuinely expected it to happen today, I didn't think that there was a way back after chucking the lead on Saturday. I'm amazed he's lasted as long as he has, to be honest.

Leith Green
28-10-2019, 04:04 PM
This is is just bizarre now ... Nothing from the board either way , just an acceptance of failure

calumhibee1
28-10-2019, 04:06 PM

I’m not saying he’s not had enough time, he has. I think the fact that we’ve been the better team a good few games in a row now and not got what our play probably should have got us out of they games would suggest to me we’re not miles away. PH can’t seem to find that last piece of the jigsaw to turn it into wins though but I don’t think we’re a country mile away - just that we’re not going to get there under PH. Aberdeen and RC games recently especially we could have won by a few goals and they couldn’t have complained.

greenlex
28-10-2019, 04:12 PM
He will have targets. He might not be that far of those targets so sacking him might be quite a ways away yet.
First two might be Hampden in league cup and top six after the first round of games for instance. He’s got one and not a kick in the arse off the second. Whether those targets would be set high enough is open to debate of course.

SickBoy32
28-10-2019, 04:13 PM
Wow. Still no announcement.

Negligent in the extreme. How this fraud is still in a job is mindblowing - GTF !

blackpoolhibs
28-10-2019, 04:16 PM
We only need a few tweaks to beat the worst hearts and aberdeen teams in years, and Ross ****in county.

Whoopee doo, this team stinks from high heaven with average to poor dross, yet we should be happy t cling on to the hope we have a team a few tweaks away from beating some other crap teams in some more mundane pish games.

Its amazing the lengths some will go to not admit how bloody crap we really are.

matty_f
28-10-2019, 04:17 PM
He will have targets. He might not be that far of those targets so sacking him might be quite a ways away yet.
First two might be Hampden in league cup and top six after the first round of games for instance. He’s got one and not a kick in the arse off the second. Whether those targets would be set high enough is open to debate of course.

I would think a semi-final is the target at the start of the season, so he's probably ticked that box.

It could be that, as Callum alluded to, the board feel that it's just about there and they're better seeing if they can ride out this tough spell with the hope of better times around the corner.

Callum is right in that we've been the better team in each of the last few games without getting the results we need/expect, and if the board felt that we're close to getting it right then why would you rush to pull the trigger?

chrisski33
28-10-2019, 04:22 PM
Bottom was never getting sacked today. I reckon they will wait til after the semi final.

Golden Bear
28-10-2019, 04:23 PM
So its as we were then.:boo hoo:

When I logged in tonight I had high expectations that the deed had been done and the search for a new Manager was underway.

So much for "sacked in the morning."

matty_f
28-10-2019, 04:24 PM
We only need a few tweaks to beat the worst hearts and aberdeen teams in years, and Ross ****in county.

Whoopee doo, this team stinks from high heaven with average to poor dross, yet we should be happy t cling on to the hope we have a team a few tweaks away from beating some other crap teams in some more mundane pish games.

Its amazing the lengths some will go to not admit how bloody crap we really are.

Nobody is really saying that, though. It's one thing saying we've been better than the opposition in the last few games to saying we're good or where we need to be.

You clearly have an issue with a particular poster as you can't help but take digs at him.

Hermit Crab
28-10-2019, 04:27 PM
Just woke up after nightshift and hastily logged in with the expectations and excitement of a kid on xmas day thinking I'd see a thread started by the RSS Bot with the headline "Hibernian Part Company With Paul Heckingbottom" Disappointed.

Leith Green
28-10-2019, 04:29 PM
I’m not saying he’s not had enough time, he has. I think the fact that we’ve been the better team a good few games in a row now and not got what our play probably should have got us out of they games would suggest to me we’re not miles away. PH can’t seem to find that last piece of the jigsaw to turn it into wins though but I don’t think we’re a country mile away - just that we’re not going to get there under PH. Aberdeen and RC games recently especially we could have won by a few goals and they couldn’t have complained.

Im sorry but if you seriously think that we are a few tweaks away from anything even close to what our aspirations should be then u quite simply dont have a clue.

I see a side with no pace , no fight , no style of play , no tempo , no leadership , players being played out of position .. We are miles away from being anything close to what we should be. That arse of a manager has taken us so far backwards in such a short space of time it’s ridiculous..

You should try and get a seat on the Hibs board because they must see things similarly

Captain Trips
28-10-2019, 04:33 PM

I see what you are saying so we get the wee bits right we win but I am not really interested in a final bit of the jigsaw or a tweak here or there. Fair enough if these "good" performances were against the best we have to offer but the last 2 are against teams we should be able to be beat even when we maybe are not at our best we should be able to beat them.

This Jigsaw has lots of bits missing not really acceptable that the one or two bits missing get us a result vs Ross County Or Hamilton. I want results Vs Hearts, Motherwell, Kilmarnock etc we need to do more than tweak or slot 1pc of a jigsaw in just because we drew with Ross County and Hamilton. I want us to be 3rd or 4th here and we are miles away from that when we should never have been.

erin go bragh
28-10-2019, 04:35 PM

Ditto . Heard a report on forth one about Hibs and thought they were going to say , he had been sacked but it was Robbie Stockdale talking about Josh Taylor :(

matty_f
28-10-2019, 04:37 PM
I see what you are saying so we get the wee bits right we win but I am not really interested in a final bit of the jigsaw or a tweak here or there. Fair enough if these "good" performances were against the best we have to offer but the last 2 are against teams we should be able to be beat even when we maybe are not at our best we should be able to beat them.

This Jigsaw has lots of bits missing not really acceptable that the one or two bits missing get us a result vs Ross County Or Hamilton. I want results Vs Hearts, Motherwell, Kilmarnock etc we need to do more than tweak or slot 1pc of a jigsaw in just because we drew with Ross County and Hamilton. I want us to be 3rd or 4th here and we are miles away from that when we should never have been.

He never said that they were good performances, though.

Just that if we'd won them then the other team wouldn't have been able to complain, really.

Anyway, I don't know why I'm arguing the point - I think we need to change the manager asap. :greengrin

calumhibee1
28-10-2019, 04:38 PM
Im sorry but if you seriously think that we are a few tweaks away from anything even close to what our aspirations should be then u quite simply dont have a clue.

I see a side with no pace , no fight , no style of play , no tempo , no leadership , players being played out of position .. We are miles away from being anything close to what we should be. That arse of a manager has taken us so far backwards in such a short space of time it’s ridiculous..

You should try and get a seat on the Hibs board because they must see things similarly

That’s not what I said though, is it? I could see how the board could attempt to justify it to themselves based on that. We’ve put in performances that probably should have seen us pick up 3 wins on the bounce yet we’ve not won any. They could quite easily - whether rightly or wrongly - be looking at that and thinking that it could well click based on they three games and the Celtic game before it etc.

Captain Trips
28-10-2019, 04:40 PM
Nobody is really saying that, though. It's one thing saying we've been better than the opposition in the last few games to saying we're good or where we need to be.

You clearly have an issue with a particular poster as you can't help but take digs at him.

Great we have been better than the opposition and? We have been better than the opposition loads of times over the years and lost games and we have been worse than the opposition and actually won at times as well. The last few games tell me nothing more than in order to be were "I" think we should have been this season and that is up with Motherwell at the very least and he appears to have been backed accordingly. This is not about a bit of bad luck this is about a complete disaster of an appointment who if we are lucky and gets the "tweak" right we can win at home vs Ross county.

matty_f
28-10-2019, 04:41 PM
Great we have been better than the opposition and? We have been better than the opposition loads of times over the years and lost games and we have been worse than the opposition and actually won at times as well. The last few games tell me nothing more than in order to be were "I" think we should have been this season and that is up with Motherwell at the very least and he appears to have been backed accordingly. This is not about a bit of bad luck this is about a complete disaster of an appointment who if we are lucky and gets the "tweak" right we can win at home vs Ross county.

Sorry, what point do you think I was making, I'm confused by your reply.

Keith_M
28-10-2019, 04:42 PM
The worst Hearts team in decades has had ONE win out of their last SEVENTEEN league games.

Remind me again who it was that was so awful that even Hearts could beat them... and then explain to me how Hecky is still 'tweaking' away at ER.

Captain Trips
28-10-2019, 04:43 PM
That’s not what I said though, is it? I could see how the board could attempt to justify it to themselves based on that. We’ve put in performances that probably should have seen us pick up 3 wins on the bounce yet we’ve not won any. They could quite easily - whether rightly or wrongly - be looking at that and thinking that it could well click based on they three games and the Celtic game before it etc.

What were they thinking the 3 games before that? If they are doing that then I feel they are as unfit for purpose as him. 1 win in 10 tells you all you need to know about it all. on this run its 4 or 5 wins for the season.

Captain Trips
28-10-2019, 04:44 PM
Sorry, what point do you think I was making, I'm confused by your reply.

Im confused as well:greengrin

Chorley Hibee
28-10-2019, 04:45 PM
The worst Hearts team in decades has had ONE win out of their last SEVENTEEN league games.

Remind me again who it was that was so awful that even Hearts could beat them... and then explain to me how Hecky is still 'tweaking' away at ER.

This in spades!

matty_f
28-10-2019, 04:45 PM
Im confused as well:greengrin

Sioux
28-10-2019, 04:46 PM
So its as we were then.:boo hoo:

When I logged in tonight I had high expectations that the deed had been done and the search for a new Manager was underway.

So much for "sacked in the morning."

You really shouldn't believe some of the mind blowing nonsense you read on here.:greengrin

Captain Trips
28-10-2019, 04:51 PM
The guy is pish he is a bad football manager he has blown what should have been an excellent opportunity here at Hibs. The only person to blame for this is himself if he was any way decent we would have 3 or 4 wins and if he was what was required we would have even more and be up there with Motherwell.

We have one win which tells me he is utter gash at the job and should be punted asap I do not see any other argument here. 1 win is just a joke.

Hermit Crab
28-10-2019, 04:58 PM

If hearts had not won that game it would have been their longest winless run in history. Good old Hibs. Thanks Paul. :rolleyes:

basehibby
28-10-2019, 04:59 PM

If this is true then Heck's feet should not touch the ground - and he could do with a security detail to escort him back to Yorkshire as well if word gets out amongst the Hibees faithful of such wanton profligacy with our hard earned dosh! I'd also have to reassess my opinion of those who sanctioned such a splurge on what is a bunch of bang average players who are not even worth half that amount - on three year deals as well FFS!

calumhibee1
28-10-2019, 05:03 PM
If this is true then Heck's feet should not touch the ground - and he could do with a security detail to escort him back to Yorkshire as well if word gets out amongst the Hibees faithful of such wanton profligacy with our hard earned dosh! I'd also have to reassess my opinion of those who sanctioned such a splurge on what is a bunch of bang average players who are not even worth half that amount - on three year deals as well FFS!

How much say would PH have had in what they get per week?

Phil MaGlass
28-10-2019, 05:03 PM
sHOULD TAKE A LEAF OUT OF THE fEYENOORD FANS BOOK, PROTEST THEM VIGOROUSLY WHEN ARRIVING ON THE TEAM BUS,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqchCVlXJVI

THATS HOW TO SHIFT AN UNWANTED MANAGER,

BLOODY CAPS

Hibbyradge
28-10-2019, 05:10 PM

Your usually 100% correct sources owe you an apology.

madhatter
28-10-2019, 05:13 PM
Pretty sure club have written off this season. May as well. People saying we’ve been better than opposition the last few games are correct. However, in each of them, it is also correct to say the opposition has been far far better than us in the last 10-30mins. That’s been true even in cup games against lesser opposition. Even against Motherwell you could argue for much of the match we were “ok”.

Hecky, if you want some advice pal. Outside of please leave. If you continually ask all players except the striker to run back and get into shape because our defence can’t win their one on ones then unfortunately you’ll need much fitter and physically able players than you’ve recruited. Also, retreating back into a shape only works if you still put pressure on the ball holder and actually mark. Our midfield couldn’t keep up with Draper.

Say it’s all a mental thing as much as you want but this is coached into them. “Retreat into shape”. High press...

I’m very unsure about going on Wednesday. If we lose, things will be very uneasy indeed. Have a feeling Allan will be dropped as well, might be wrong, just a hunch.

tonyrougier123
28-10-2019, 05:20 PM

Callum we are far too easy to play against this season,all ross county done on saturday was push further up the park and we couldn't cope.that was bringing another centre back on as well,we couldn't tweak to shore things up,and county tweaked and got a point,people believing its small margins are wrong imo.

At this point I'd need to see a 4-0 drubbing of livi wednesday in order to believe the players still believe in heckingbottom.

basehibby
28-10-2019, 05:34 PM
If hearts had not won that game it would have been their longest winless run in history. Good old Hibs. Thanks Paul. :rolleyes:

Exactly - utterly dire - pathetic - hopeless - clueless - SACKING MATERIAL!!!

That he wasn't sacked after the pathetic surrender to Hearts puts major questions over the level of pride our board has in this football club. The winless run since then has done nothing to change that.

neil7908
28-10-2019, 05:35 PM

Yup, he should have been punted after that game.

He got out thought by Craig Levein FFS!

Joe6-2
28-10-2019, 06:01 PM
sHOULD TAKE A LEAF OUT OF THE fEYENOORD FANS BOOK, PROTEST THEM VIGOROUSLY WHEN ARRIVING ON THE TEAM BUS,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqchCVlXJVI

THATS HOW TO SHIFT AN UNWANTED MANAGER,

BLOODY CAPS

Probably still wouldn’t work with LD

ancient hibee
28-10-2019, 06:18 PM
I am a little confused when I read that we deserved to win matches but didn't.Do posters really mean that we should have won matches but didn't?Because to me that is a totally different thing.The huge problem is that we are not winning when we should and that means we didn't deserve to win them.