PDA

View Full Version : Sacked in the morning.

Pages : 1 [2]

calumhibee1
28-10-2019, 06:21 PM
I am a little confused when I read that we deserved to win matches but didn't.Do posters really mean that we should have won matches but didn't?Because to me that is a totally different thing.The huge problem is that we are not winning when we should and that means we didn't deserve to win them.

Semantics really I suppose. By saying we deserved to win I know that I also mean we should have won. I’d imagine most folk would agree they mean pretty much the same thing when they say either of the two things.

I presume from what you’re saying you don’t think a team ever deserves to win a game unless they actually go and do it?

ancient hibee
28-10-2019, 06:32 PM
Semantics really I suppose. By saying we deserved to win I know that I also mean we should have won. I’d imagine most folk would agree they mean pretty much the same thing when they say either of the two things.

I presume from what you’re saying you don’t think a team ever deserves to win a game unless they actually go and do it?

No I don't mean that at all.Should obviously does not mean the same as deserved.For example we might deserve to win but don't because of a poor penalty award against.If you throw away a two goal lead you clearly don't deserve to win but just as clearly you should have won.

calumhibee1
28-10-2019, 06:39 PM
No I don't mean that at all.Should obviously does not mean the same as deserved.For example we might deserve to win but don't because of a poor penalty award against.If you throw away a two goal lead you clearly don't deserve to win but just as clearly you should have won.

Fair enough.

Regardless of throwing away a 2 goal lead i’d have said we deserved to win and also should have won because over the piece we were considerably the better side. Same at Aberdeen, same at Hamilton. Suppose we’ll all have a different definition of what constitutes a should have or a deserved win though.

Robbo6-2
28-10-2019, 06:48 PM
Fair enough.

Regardless of throwing away a 2 goal lead i’d have said we deserved to win and also should have won because over the piece we were considerably the better side. Same at Aberdeen, same at Hamilton. Suppose we’ll all have a different definition of what constitutes a should have or a deserved win though.

Agree, we probably deserved to win but the style of play is absolutely honking.

calumhibee1
28-10-2019, 06:51 PM
Agree, we probably deserved to win but the style of play is absolutely honking.

There was flashes on Saturday of some decent stuff - Allan into Kamberi for his one on one and Flo into Naismith into Vela and a couple more moments - but generally id agree the style isn’t great.

Robbo6-2
28-10-2019, 06:52 PM
Must admit i am really shocked he is still in a job.

Really don't understand it tbh

mcfly
28-10-2019, 06:53 PM
I’m not saying he’s not had enough time, he has. I think the fact that we’ve been the better team a good few games in a row now and not got what our play probably should have got us out of they games would suggest to me we’re not miles away. PH can’t seem to find that last piece of the jigsaw to turn it into wins though but I don’t think we’re a country mile away - just that we’re not going to get there under PH. Aberdeen and RC games recently especially we could have won by a few goals and they couldn’t have complained.

Oh dear....not far away

We are so far away. The lack of effort , fight, determination, chasing the ball after its lost is shocking,

The league table does not lie We are too easy to play against.

We could be bottom of the league wed night.

Would you still think ah let’s keep hecky we are not far away then??

New manager needed ASAP

calumhibee1
28-10-2019, 06:55 PM
Oh dear....not far away

We are so far away. The lack of effort , fight, determination, chasing the ball after its lost is shocking,

The league table does not lie We are too easy to play against.

We could be bottom of the league wed night.

Would you still think ah let’s keep hecky we are not far away then??

New manager needed ASAP

Until we collapsed on Saturday we were pretty dominant. It’s the soft side that has killed us the last few games. We’ve created enough chances in our last 3 league games and gave up few enough to have won all 3 comfortably. There wasn’t a lack of any of the things you mentioned to get us 2-0 up - look at the way we won the ball back for the 2nd goal. It all vanished after it went 2-1 though. To me that says that there is the ability there to do alright. We’re just not seeing it all the way through to the end of games.

basehibby
28-10-2019, 06:56 PM
How much say would PH have had in what they get per week?

Without knowing exactly how Hibs operate, I would have thought quite a lot.

I know we have a recruitment team to help identify potential signings in our price range, but I would have thought that the HC would have last say and first refusal on pretty much all recruitment. I would also be very surprised if he would not have a significant say on what proportion of funds are spent on what players and positions. If that's not how we operate at Hibs then it would represent a massive sea change from the way most football clubs are run.

mcfly
28-10-2019, 06:57 PM
Until we collapsed on Saturday we were pretty dominant. It’s the soft side that has killed us the last few games. We’ve created enough chances in our last 3 league games and gave up few enough to have won all 3 comfortably.

Vela is the biggest non trier I’ve seen in years.

An awful signing and must be moved on.

We have fallen so far under Heckingbotton it’s scary. The board need to act and fast to try and save this season.

Keep him and it’s a relegation fight.

calumhibee1
28-10-2019, 06:58 PM
Without knowing exactly how Hibs operate, I would have thought quite a lot.

I know we have a recruitment team to help identify potential signings in our price range, but I would have thought that the HC would have last say and first refusal on pretty much all recruitment. I would also be very surprised if he would not have a significant say on what proportion of funds are spent on what players and positions. If that's not how we operate at Hibs then it would represent a massive sea change from the way most football clubs are run.

:aok:

I genuinely don’t have a clue btw. For all I know the manager could have absolutely no say in what’s to be offered to these players or he could decide to Chuck 50% of his remaining budget at them.

SteveHFC
28-10-2019, 07:32 PM
What’s more likely to happen?

Brexit or Hecky getting sacked.

J-C
28-10-2019, 07:56 PM
There was flashes on Saturday of some decent stuff - Allan into Kamberi for his one on one and Flo into Naismith into Vela and a couple more moments - but generally id agree the style isn’t great.

I think that's the problem Calum, there has only been the very odd few flashes of good play in amongst the loads of dross, what we expect is the complete opposite.

J-C
28-10-2019, 08:02 PM
:aok:

I genuinely don’t have a clue btw. For all I know the manager could have absolutely no say in what’s to be offered to these players or he could decide to Chuck 50% of his remaining budget at them.

I wouldn't have thought PH had any say in what wages were given but he does have final say in who we sign, probably goes hand in hand, he tells LD and GC these are the 5 players I want, we have a budget that can afford them make sure we sign them.

Captain Trips
28-10-2019, 08:12 PM
I think that's the problem Calum, there has only been the very odd few flashes of good play in amongst the loads of dross, what we expect is the complete opposite.

Indeed, there was good flashes of play in every managers time here since day one. As you say its the flashes of bad play we can live with if we have longer spells of quality. Perhaps when he works that out we might win a match or two.

Hibs beat Killie 3-0 under Butcher I'm sure there were flashes of good play in that game. Its just unfortunate what occurred the rest of the time. Somebody given the opportunity he was shouldn't be having flashes he should be comfortable up there challenging for Europe given budgets. The fact we are having all these discussions shows how badly he has got this.

brog
28-10-2019, 09:01 PM
Vela is the biggest non trier I’ve seen in years.

An awful signing and must be moved on.

We have fallen so far under Heckingbotton it’s scary. The board need to act and fast to try and save this season.

Keep him and it’s a relegation fight.

Just had a call saying May as caretaker, bug bust up at EMains yesterday, list the dressing room weeks ago, big barney with Allan who isn't happy. Seemingly Doidge, Veka, Newell and Jackson take up £25k wages per week between them, others not happy at all. Don't know if it's all true but very good source.

I posted months ago that our wage bill had risen substantially last season. In particular 4 players were on money along lines you quote. I would not be surprised if new players were also on similar wages. That always causes resentment, particularly when things arent going well. I should say however at the time i was largely shouted down by some long established posters. ☺

steakbake
28-10-2019, 09:18 PM
Watching Newell play just boils my pish. Utterly ineffectual. If I had a voice in me on Saturday I would have jeered him as he ambled off the park when he'd decided he'd had enough.

Vela - nah.

Jackson, I think, is alright. He's a committed type of player and I generally think he's okay. Is he better or equal to the best of what we had last year? No way.

Doidge - we've all said what's needed.

I can't wait for this to be behind us. Keep checking h/net and twitter to see if the club has done what needs to happen.

NC1875
28-10-2019, 09:20 PM
I posted months ago that our wage bill had risen substantially last season. In particular 4 players were on money along lines you quote. I would not be surprised if new players were also on similar wages. That always causes resentment, particularly when things arent going well. I should say however at the time i was largely shouted down by some long established posters. ☺

Who were the 4 players ?

Callum_62
28-10-2019, 09:24 PM
Are we really believing that we pay 4 players an average of 6,250p/w?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Speedway
28-10-2019, 09:29 PM

Yes.

B.H.F.C
28-10-2019, 09:35 PM

I wouldn’t have thought that much. But I’ve always thought the likes of Vela and Newell would be on good money, by our standards. They certainly weren’t coming up here for £1,200 a week or anything like that.

Whether the figures quoted are accurate or not, I’m pretty certain we will be paying them good money. Money they’re not worth. And let’s face it, the money has all went somewhere from the 13,000 season tickets, plus other money we had coming in from McGinn etc.

Eyrie
28-10-2019, 09:46 PM
I keep hoping it's morning.

Unseen work
28-10-2019, 10:01 PM
I refuse to beleive we’re paying anyone over 6k per week let alone Newell, Vela, Doidge and Jackson.

If we are, the club and people responsible deserve to be slaughtered for authorising that. In saying that at least it shows they back the manager/recruitment team. Shame they’re all poor though.

If we have that money to spend, imagine where we could actually end up if we used the money wisely...

DarlingtonHibee
28-10-2019, 10:03 PM
I refuse to beleive we’re paying anyone over 6k per week let alone Newell, Vela, Doidge and Jackson.

If we are, the club and people responsible deserve to be slaughtered for authorising that. In saying that at least it shows they back the manager/recruitment team. Shame they’re all poor though.

If we have that money to spend, imagine where we could actually end up if we used the money wisely...

We are not paying that money

heretoday
28-10-2019, 10:10 PM
They're a pretty rubbish bunch of players to be spending money on.
I wish we could have a team of keen young Scots lads. Train them up.
Who could we get to do that though?

HH81
29-10-2019, 03:31 AM
Today's the morning, freezing outside, car windows frozen, heating on and kettle boiled.

Heckingbottom out. Hopefully.

southern hibby
29-10-2019, 05:14 AM
Here’s a question for those in the know.

if these players are on over £6,000 a week, how much is Heckingbottom on?

Because if the £6,000 for these players are true then i’d Hate to imagine what he’s getting paid and maybe that’s why the board don’t want to sack him as the pay of could be ridiculous especially when we need to pay a new manager coming in too.

GGTTH

Brightside
29-10-2019, 05:57 AM

We are not.

Callum_62
29-10-2019, 06:13 AM
Come on guys. Folk might want him out but blaming him for paying 4 players £6k+

Sure his boring training will be next

Sir David Gray
29-10-2019, 06:28 AM
There's no danger that any of our players are on £6k a week. That's just a bonkers suggestion.

LancsHibs
29-10-2019, 06:33 AM
What!! We are actually paying Vela, Doidge, Jackson & Newall?? Get Secondbottom and whoever else responsible to ****

Allant1981
29-10-2019, 06:38 AM
What!! We are actually paying Vela, Doidge, Jackson & Newall?? Get Secondbottom and whoever else responsible to ****

Do you honestly think after paying guys much less than that for years we are all of a sudden paying that much? These stories never come out when we are playing well but as soon as we are not winning all these sources appear letting fans know how much guys are being paid, a load of rubbish

04Sauzee
29-10-2019, 06:41 AM
They're a pretty rubbish bunch of players to be spending money on.
I wish we could have a team of keen young Scots lads. Train them up.
Who could we get to do that though?

Scott Gemill

Coco Bryce
29-10-2019, 06:44 AM
Do you honestly think after paying guys much less than that for years we are all of a sudden paying that much? These stories never come out when we are playing well but as soon as we are not winning all these sources appear letting fans know how much guys are being paid, a load of rubbish

Somebody who cost £300k will be on a decent wage. Much higher than your average Hibs player I would imagine.

NC1875
29-10-2019, 06:51 AM
Somebody who cost £300k will be on a decent wage. Much higher than your average Hibs player I would imagine.

The thing is, I actually think Doidge would be a good player for us if played in a 2 up front with Allan in behind. We’ll never know that with the current incumbent in Charge!

Coco Bryce
29-10-2019, 06:58 AM
The thing is, I actually think Doidge would be a good player for us if played in a 2 up front with Allan in behind. We’ll never know that with the current incumbent in Charge!

I think a few of them might be OK if they actually knew their formation and what they are supposed to be doing.

He's just not got a clue.

Keith_M
29-10-2019, 07:01 AM
So is it this morning?

:dunno:

Allant1981
29-10-2019, 07:02 AM

We dont know how much he cost, some folk say a lot less, some folk say £350k, I'm sure he wont be on 2 grand a week but we wont be paying 6 grand a week

calumhibee1
29-10-2019, 07:07 AM

Likewise. He might not end up exceptional but he’ll be a decent option in time I reckon.

Spudster
29-10-2019, 07:09 AM
To have those three up top you’d be playing with zero width or have an exceptional def midfielder behind Allan (which we don’t have).

CyberSauzee
29-10-2019, 07:20 AM
So is it this morning?

What we're missing is the vote of confidence from the board first. Sacking will follow shortly after.

Smartie
29-10-2019, 07:23 AM
To have those three up top you’d be playing with zero width or have an exceptional def midfielder behind Allan (which we don’t have).

352 with Boyle and Stevenson (or Middleton) out wide, Hallberg + A N Other in centre mid with Allan.

It’s far from perfect but a big improvement on what we’re doing at the moment.

brog
29-10-2019, 07:24 AM

If you look at Hibs accounts you will see that signing on fees are included in a player's wages. If a player is a free agent then he has more power to command a higher signing on fee, eg Milligan last season. A player on 4-5k a week plus receiving a 6 figure signing on fee could therefore be quoted as being on 6-7k a week.

The Leith Dutch
29-10-2019, 07:32 AM

I think the bit in bold you've talked yourself round :)

Second bit is spot on - we need the club to take the financial gains we've made and back the manager with player wage budget (though I highly doubt it's anywhere in the bracket quoted).
The fact that he's spent it on the players he has is seriously unfortunate to put it mildly.

It does also highlight that it's quite difficult to up the wage bracket incrementally at a club our size.
Assuming we had enough for 4 players at 6k a week there's a decent chance they're not appreciably better than players at 4k a week and you may well get acrimony from the rest of the squad who then want a bit more.

To change the type of player we have just by a wage change is probably going to require us to be in the 6k bracket for a sizeable chunk of the squad with the top earners on 10k plus and that's the kind of money that's a long way off.

Regardless of the actual figures quoted in the post - which I strongly suspect are out - I think the club has done the right thing and has backed the manager financially with the extra money coming in. The fact many of us don't rate the players he's brought in is irrelevant (I suspect Vela, given his rep, is on good money and I suspect that was a response to missing out (or more correctly "missing out") on Ojo).

The result has been a failure of recruitment so either the scouting / talent side of the club, PH or a combination of the two and unfortunately it's a mistake we're likely stuck with for 2 - 3 years depending on their contracts.

It's too early to start drinking right?

Yorkshire HFC
29-10-2019, 07:52 AM

You sound like a nice person.

They are just men doing their job, like anyone else.

The attitudes on this thread take us back to the dark ages.

SickBoy32
29-10-2019, 07:59 AM

They are blatantly not doing their job properly.

They can **** off down south with their guffy manager, ASAP!!

Allant1981
29-10-2019, 08:06 AM
They are blatantly not doing their job properly.

They can **** off down south with their guffy manager, ASAP!!

Well they are, they just arent very good at it

Captain Trips
29-10-2019, 08:08 AM

Well the whole of football will be.

I bet Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd to name 3 huge clubs will have messages having a right go. I bet Real Madrid and a good few Italian club sites are 10x worse than hear when not going well. Every club has bad times and every clubs fans will vent like so on here so I guess the whole sport is in dark ages.

Eyrie
29-10-2019, 08:09 AM

That is the problem - three of the four players mentioned are not doing their job.

If they were in any other employment then they'd be heading for the door due to their non-performance. Football is different because players are on contracts that have to be honoured both ways - the club can't just get rid of a non-performing player any more than a player can hand in their notice because they want to play elsewhere.

basehibby
29-10-2019, 08:40 AM

If they were doing their jobs in correlation to their rumoured renumeration then this thread would not exist and Heckingbottom would be flavour of the month.

Keith_M
29-10-2019, 08:41 AM
What we're missing is the vote of confidence from the board first. Sacking will follow shortly after.

Fairy nuff.

Brightside
29-10-2019, 08:41 AM
Scott Gemill

Yep - hes the one for me.

Greenworld
29-10-2019, 08:44 AM
Yes for another 2 hours 15 mins

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

FilipinoHibs
29-10-2019, 08:45 AM
Likewise. He might not end up exceptional but he’ll be a decent option in time I reckon.

He would be no good not matter the manager. Does not have the skill,balance,poise or awareness to play at this level. Must be obvious to most fans.

Andy74
29-10-2019, 08:46 AM
That is the problem - three of the four players mentioned are not doing their job.

If they were in any other employment then they'd be heading for the door due to their non-performance. Football is different because players are on contracts that have to be honoured both ways - the club can't just get rid of a non-performing player any more than a player can hand in their notice because they want to play elsewhere.

Nah. In most jobs they’d also be getting time to settle in, learn their new environment and get coached to better performance.

Greenworld
29-10-2019, 08:47 AM
So is it this morning?

Scott GemillI think that would be a good appointment

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

we are hibs
29-10-2019, 08:57 AM
Well they are, they just arent very good at it

Depends what you mean by doing their jobs. Turning your back on a shot from 30 yards out in the last minute while defending a slender leading isnt doing your job. Leaving your body on the line, fighting and scraping tooth and nail for 3 points and giving 100% for your employers and infront of the thousands who pay your wages as well as your team mates who you work with every day is doing your job imo

Turning your back on a shot has nothing to do with your skill set or adequacy to play at this level. Its to do with not really giving a **** about your job

The_Exile
29-10-2019, 08:58 AM
Scott Gemmill, bring the youths through, train them, get them experience, take 4 or 5 years to get them firing on all cylinders, but wait, they'd be slaughtered after a dozen games and we'd be calling for his head and the big experiment to be abandoned! We're a fickle bunch unfortunately, goes with the territory, there's no way it would be given the time to bear fruit.

eastmainsmsh
29-10-2019, 09:05 AM
Gordon Strachan DOF Scott Brown player/manager then the Alarm went off

The 90+2
Scott Gemmill, bring the youths through, train them, get them experience, take 4 or 5 years to get them firing on all cylinders, but wait, they'd be slaughtered after a dozen games and we'd be calling for his head and the big experiment to be abandoned! We're a fickle bunch unfortunately, goes with the territory, there's no way it would be given the time to bear fruit.

It’s pretty much what Tony Mowbray did and we were patience personified.

Allant1981
Depends what you mean by doing their jobs. Turning your back on a shot from 30 yards out in the last minute while defending a slender leading isnt doing your job. Leaving your body on the line, fighting and scraping tooth and nail for 3 points and giving 100% for your employers and infront of the thousands who pay your wages as well as your team mates who you work with every day is doing your job imo

Turning your back on a shot has nothing to do with your skill set or adequacy to play at this level. Its to do with not really giving a **** about your job

There are probably hundreds of players week in week out that dont do what you have just described, does that mean they all arent doing their job? As I said, they just arent good enough but pretty sure they arent intentionally going out to be crap each week

we are hibs
29-10-2019, 09:12 AM
There are probably hundreds of players week in week out that dont do what you have just described, does that mean they all arent doing their job?

Yes. Theyre employed to give 100% in their attempts to win football matches. You may not win every game. You may not play well every game but there isnt an excuse for not giving your all. In any job youre employed to give 100% to whatever you do. Football is no different. Do you think Mallan and Vela gave everything to get over to stop the shot? Surely whether it comes natural to you or not, the fundementals of football even as a bairn say when your winning a game late on you try like **** to stop the opposition scoring and hang on to a lead? What excuses could either vela or mallan have for one to turn his back and the other to slowly jog over then flinch as the shot goes past?

I might be over the top here but it just really pisses me off. You might not be great at football but giving your all is absolutely free and anyone can do it.

The_Exile
29-10-2019, 09:18 AM
It’s pretty much what Tony Mowbray did and we were patience personified.

Not really, Riordan, O'Connor, Thomson, Murray, Brown, Whittaker were already well established first team players when Mowbray arrived, it was Bobby Williamson who had to bleed the youngsters and he was given dogs abuse.

Allant1981
29-10-2019, 09:19 AM
Yes. Theyre employed to give 100% in their attempts to win football matches. You may not win every game. You may not play well every game but there isnt an excuse for not giving your all. In any job youre employed to give 100% to whatever you do. Football is no different. Do you think Mallan and Vela gave everything to get over to stop the shot? Surely whether it comes natural to you or not, the fundementals of football even as a bairn say when your winning a game late on you try like **** to stop the opposition scoring and hang on to a lead? What excuses could either vela or mallan have for one to turn his back and the other to slowly jog over then flinch as the shot goes past?

I might be over the top here but it just really pisses me off. You might not be great at football but giving your all is absolutely free and anyone can do it.

In an ideal world then that would apply but let's face it, we dont live in an ideal world, I'm sure there have been days in your own workplace where you havent given 100% for whatever reason. yip we want footballers bursting a gut for our club but this is not a new thing, we have had plenty of players over the years who dont do what you described, it's just this lot aren't winning that's highlighted it more. Hopefully it changes soon but cant see it

eastterrace
29-10-2019, 09:20 AM

I might be over the top here but it just really pisses me off. You might not be great at football but giving your all is absolutely free and anyone can do it. great post mate, vela has the heart of a pea . He done exact thing against hearts . Some fans blaming Fraser Murray but he missed judged the flight of the ball but the other pair Mallon and vela just bottled out of trying to block the shot.

Cataplana
29-10-2019, 09:27 AM
In an ideal world then that would apply but let's face it, we dont live in an ideal world, I'm sure there have been days in your own workplace where you havent given 100% for whatever reason. yip we want footballers bursting a gut for our club but this is not a new thing, we have had plenty of players over the years who dont do what you described, it's just this lot aren't winning that's highlighted it more. Hopefully it changes soon but cant see it

Our workplaces, and footballers workplaces are a million miles apart. If we have a bad day, the boss doesn't say "don't come in next week."

I hate the whole "I pay your wages" attitude, but we pay to see a team perform, and trying their hardest should be a given.

Leith Green
29-10-2019, 09:34 AM
great post mate, vela has the heart of a pea . He done exact thing against hearts . Some fans blaming Fraser Murray but he missed judged the flight of the ball but the other pair Mallon and vela just bottled out of trying to block the shot.

Im sick to the back teeth of watching stevie mallan pretending to actually challenge for the ball. He dangles a half hearted leg out all the time its so bad to watch

NC1875
29-10-2019, 09:34 AM

Play a 3-5-2 with Stevenson on the left and Naismith/gray/Jones on the right. It’s far from perfect but puts Allan In his best position and gives us an extra body up top. It’s surely worth a try, we’re hardly playing well as we currently set up.

Cataplana
29-10-2019, 09:37 AM
Im sick to the back teeth of watching stevie mallan pretending to actually challenge for the ball. He dangles a half hearted leg out all the time its so bad to watch

You've seen him pretend? That's progress.

Allant1981
29-10-2019, 09:43 AM
Our workplaces, and footballers workplaces are a million miles apart. If we have a bad day, the boss doesn't say "don't come in next week."

I hate the whole "I pay your wages" attitude, but we pay to see a team perform, and trying their hardest should be a given.

Of course they are but again we dont live in an ideal world and if we like it or not some footballers wont always burst a gut every single week

Cataplana
29-10-2019, 09:49 AM
Of course they are but again we dont live in an ideal world and if we like it or not some footballers wont always burst a gut every single week

That's true, but it seems a bigger problem with this team.

RIP Bestie
29-10-2019, 10:12 AM
Not really, Riordan, O'Connor, Thomson, Murray, Brown, Whittaker were already well established first team players when Mowbray arrived, it was Bobby Williamson who had to bleed the youngsters and he was given dogs abuse.

100% this.
Mowbray was already starting to get abuse by tbe time he left for West Brom. This despote him losing Murray O'Connor and Riordan. People weren't prepared to wait to see the impact their replacements could make for example Benji and Zemamma if I recall correctly.

Hermit Crab
29-10-2019, 10:29 AM
Knowing Hibs they'll be trying to hold off sacking him until early December when they'll get a replacement in just in time for half season tickets going on sale.

Daydreamer
29-10-2019, 10:31 AM

After 11 years of no players coming through from the Development Squad are you really surprised. Off the top of my head in these 11 years since Paul Hanlon came through the only players that spring to mind are Calum Booth, David Wotherspoon and Sam Stanton. Not exactly setting the heather on fire.

Joe6-2
29-10-2019, 10:32 AM
So is it this morning?

We can hope

Joe6-2
29-10-2019, 10:33 AM
Knowing Hibs they'll be trying to hold off sacking him until early December when they'll get a replacement in just in time for half season tickets going on sale.

Could be bottom by then

Cataplana
29-10-2019, 10:40 AM
After 11 years of no players coming through from the Development Squad are you really surprised. Off the top of my head in these 11 years since Paul Hanlon came through the only players that spring to mind are Calum Booth, David Wotherspoon and Sam Stanton. Not exactly setting the heather on fire.

Ironically that's almost the same time the training centre has been open.

Is it too far away to attract the best talent?

ScottB
29-10-2019, 10:43 AM

Doubtful, Celtic’s facility is in the middle of nowhere, Herriot Watt isn’t exactly in the city centre either.

Daydreamer
29-10-2019, 11:03 AM

There was great hope for Campbell, Stirling and Mackie when they went on loan. I watched these players in the Development squad last season and thought all 3 would be knocking on the door this season. Now, neither 3 can get a game for Arbroath or Dundee and they are 20 years old not a young player. The answer must be to blood these players younger as other teams do. Dont know if anyone remembers Jason Gardiner and Chris Reid both goalkeepers a few years ago were at ER for 10 years and both did'nt play 50 games between them. There far too long.

Diclonius
29-10-2019, 11:04 AM
If we don't beat Livingston then I'd rather go into the Celtic game managerless. Maybe even if we do win tomorrow.

Captain Trips
29-10-2019, 11:06 AM
Its a training center not a youth academy building that IMO OTT training facility just gave us better facilities to train at. It may sway a yonger player if choosing between 2 clubs but really at end of day a player will be looking for opportunity to play. I never thought we would improve much on the youth side that is down to your scouts not how many training pitches you have.

Daydreamer
29-10-2019, 11:12 AM
If we don't beat Livingston then I'd rather go into the Celtic game managerless. Maybe even if we do win tomorrow.

I've always believed that he would turn things round but if he doesn't win tomorrow he should be sacked the next morning.

CockneyRebel
29-10-2019, 11:13 AM
Its a training center not a youth academy building that IMO OTT training facility just gave us better facilities to train at. It may sway a yonger player if choosing between 2 clubs but really at end of day a player will be looking for opportunity to play. I never thought we would improve much on the youth side that is down to your scouts not how many training pitches you have.

I think that's about right. Good facilities and a general sense of getting a shot at a professional contract would help sway youngsters (and their parents) towards signing for Hibs.

.Sean.
29-10-2019, 11:57 AM
I've always believed that he would turn things round but if he doesn't win tomorrow he should be sacked the next morning.What are you basing it on that he will or could turn this around? Daydreamer is very apt!

There is is not a hope in hell he’s ever coming back from this. He should’ve been sacked weeks and weeks ago.

He himself will know he’s on borrowed time. As do 99.99999% of us. LD is the only person who knows why she’s not pulled the trigger yet. We could win our next 3 league games, which will never happen, and he’d still be only his next defeat away from the support wanting him out. Dempster will know this and she’ll know how the support in general and the vast, vast majority of us on here feel as reads the forum, so it’s astonishing she hasn’t acted yet.

And the longer she takes to sack him the further she plummets in all our estimations and if he’s still here in a month I hope she’s sacked too.

Mind boggling how she doesn’t seem to grasp the mess this appointment could finally lead us to, even moreso considering she had to pick up the pieces and press the reset button last time it happened. We’ll be back to sub 10000 crowds by January and 8000 season ticket holders next season if this goes on into the new year. She has to act now before it’s too late.

Genuinely depressing we’re even considering another relegation battle considering what we’ve done and where we’ve been since the dark days of summer 2014 :boo hoo::no way:

matty_f
29-10-2019, 12:03 PM
What are you basing it on that he will or could turn this around? Daydreamer is very apt!

There is is not a hope in hell he’s ever coming back from this. He should’ve been sacked weeks and weeks ago.

He himself will know he’s on borrowed time. As do 99.99999% of us. LD is the only person who knows why she’s not pulled the trigger yet. We could win our next 3 league games, which will never happen, and he’d still be only his next defeat away from the support wanting him out. Dempster will know this and she’ll know how the support in general and the vast, vast majority of us on here feel as reads the forum, so it’s astonishing she hasn’t acted yet.

And the longer she takes to sack him the further she plummets in all our estimations and if he’s still here in a month I hope she’s sacked too.

Mind boggling how she doesn’t seem to grasp the mess this appointment could finally lead us to, even moreso considering she had to pick up the pieces and press the reset button last time it happened. We’ll be back to sub 10000 crowds by January and 8000 season ticket holders next season if this goes on into the new year. She has to act now before it’s too late.

Genuinely depressing we’re even considering another relegation battle considering what we’ve done and where we’ve been since the dark days of summer 2014 :boo hoo::no way:

We spoke about that on the podcast last night - he's too far gone with the support that I can't see any way that he can come back from it.

Mainstandman
29-10-2019, 12:12 PM

To be fair he actually made contact in the Hamilton game

KeithTheHibby
29-10-2019, 12:13 PM
Even if we lose tomorrow he won't be sacked. Saturday's game is huge, there is no need for any more distractions.

Stuart93
29-10-2019, 12:14 PM
Even if we lose tomorrow he won't be sacked. Saturday's game is huge, there is no need for any more distractions.

Anymore distractions meaning what? Our manager getting sacked?

I think we have an even better chance if he gets sacked before Saturday

The 90+2
29-10-2019, 12:16 PM

Yet we got told for years that we are miles ahead of the rest of the clubs and we will see the benefit if only we are patient for a few years? East Mains is more of a hindrance then anything else. It costs to much to manage and it’s in the middle of nowhere. We don’t even try and get tie ins with the East Lothian Schools.

cmcd
29-10-2019, 12:43 PM
He would be no good not matter the manager. Does not have the skill,balance,poise or awareness to play at this level. Must be obvious to most fans.

Says Who ?? YOU . The guy needs a partner up front with him .To say he has no skill is not true.

GreenPJ
29-10-2019, 01:32 PM
Sacking a manager is a far bigger decision than appointing one. Lots of considerations (financial, reviewing initial appointment, reviewing senior management support, lessons learned, identifying requirements for new candidate and sounding out potentials, timing).

I am glad that we aren't a club that presses the panic button too hastily, if you go through manager churn you just get less appealing applicants next time round. I do think though that we need to act now. If he is in charge tomorrow and he gets a win then not an easy decision to sack him before the semi. In the (very) unlikely event he wins the semi how do you then sack a manager who has got us to one of only 2 national trophies we have a chance of winning.

As someone said even if he won 5 games on the bounce the next loss will create noise and so there is an inevitability that he has a limited lifespan left at the club.

I think the players have let him down with game management over the last few games particularly, but, he needs to carry the can for the mindset, formation and the style of football.

Oscar T Grouch
29-10-2019, 02:28 PM
Could be bottom by then

We could well be bottom by half 9 tomorrow night!!

basehibby
29-10-2019, 02:56 PM
Says Who ?? YOU . The guy needs a partner up front with him .To say he has no skill is not true.

He said that Doidge does not have the skill to play at this level and thousands of Hibbies who have watched him closely agree. He has had loads of chances to demonstrate otherwise but unfortunately has shown all the finishing prowess of a battered haddock. It's true that lots of strikers have a bad day at the office but Doidge has had one every game he's played for Hibs. Shows some promise in approach play but has precious little deftness of touch or composure in front of goal. Nae use I'm afraid.

Andy74
29-10-2019, 03:46 PM
He said that Doidge does not have the skill to play at this level and thousands of Hibbies who have watched him closely agree. He has had loads of chances to demonstrate otherwise but unfortunately has shown all the finishing prowess of a battered haddock. It's true that lots of strikers have a bad day at the office but Doidge has had one every game he's played for Hibs. Shows some promise in approach play but has precious little deftness of touch or composure in front of goal. Nae use I'm afraid.

That’s nonsense. He’s had a very good impact with his all round game which does show he has the skill and ability to play at this level.

If he didn’t have the ability he wouldn’t be able to get into the games the way he has.

He’s shown he can finish. His composure and touch in the cup goals he scored showed that. They were deft finishes regardless of the opposition.

He will come good. He put away the chance last week well enough although it was ultimately ruled out.

The criticism is way over the top.

Captain Trips
29-10-2019, 04:03 PM
That’s nonsense. He’s had a very good impact with his all round game which does show he has the skill and ability to play at this level.

If he didn’t have the ability he wouldn’t be able to get into the games the way he has.

He’s shown he can finish. His composure and touch in the cup goals he scored showed that. They were deft finishes regardless of the opposition.

He will come good. He put away the chance last week well enough although it was ultimately ruled out.

The criticism is as over the top as is the positive analysis of his ability you have posted. He may come good but he has been very poor at some of the key aspects of the position. He has shown he can finish he has shown he also cant finish on far more occasions.

cmcd
29-10-2019, 04:15 PM

Opinions opinions

basehibby
29-10-2019, 04:25 PM

It's not nonsense - it's reality. I would be very happy if he did come good as he has a long stretch on his contract to go. But I have seen many strikers who have got "it" as far as goal scoring is concerned - Riordan, Griffiths, Stokes, Cummings all come to mind. They all had an unerring instinct for hitting the target from virtually any position. Even Brian Graham showed a good degree of composure in front of goal in his short time at Hibs and showed on Saturday that he's not lost it. Doidge has shown none of the same - if he had we'd be in clover but we are SECOND BOTTOM OF THE LEAGUE and Doidge is one of the reasons we are there. Sad but true - please prove me wrong big man!

Captain Trips
29-10-2019, 04:44 PM

To be fair this guy you have described sounds good who does he play for?

B.H.F.C
29-10-2019, 04:51 PM

I don’t think he can be described as having had a very good impact. He’s done a couple of good things but he’s a striker who hasn’t scored a league goal by the end of October. If you’re talking about his all round game then that big major element of it is missing.

I actually think he could be better than he’s shown, it’s pretty obvious that he needs a bit help up there IMO.

FilipinoHibs
29-10-2019, 04:51 PM

Think pretty obvious from his displays. All the missed chances and quite a variety over the course of the SPL games. One goal in 17 in the championship backs up this prognosis. Having somebody upfront would have not meant him fluffing so many shots and when he did have a player alongside him in one on ones he failed to pass. Has no left foot what so ever

Squirrel 1875
29-10-2019, 05:00 PM

Call the cops he’s off his chops

Leith Green
29-10-2019, 05:00 PM

The problems is a lack of support to the striker

Sammy7nil
29-10-2019, 06:12 PM

I am not sure if he is good enough or not but I was disappointed he was not playing on Saturday as I thought he would score. Watching Kamberi and the couple of chances he missed one when swinging and missing the ball he looked no better than Dodige.

Danderhall Hibs
29-10-2019, 07:08 PM

Andy I know you’ve been a way a wee while but you need to stop being so reasonable and trying to support the guys in the team. It doesn’t work like that anymore.

blackpoolhibs
29-10-2019, 07:09 PM
He's easily good enough to play for the 11th best team in our league, he is not good enough to score many goals for them though.

The 90+2
29-10-2019, 07:41 PM

Did this remind anyone else of when Homer builds a car for his brother and the experts are told to say the exact opposite to Bart and Lisa? :greengrin

angus hibby
29-10-2019, 08:29 PM

Correct. Can imagine the comments on here if Doidge had fresh aired his shot like Kamberi did on Saturday, which would have made it 3-0.

greenlex
29-10-2019, 08:37 PM
Did this remind anyone else of when Homer builds a car for his brother and the experts are told to say the exact opposite to Bart and Lisa? :greengrin
No.

PaulSmith
29-10-2019, 08:38 PM
Correct. Can imagine the comments on here if Doidge had fresh aired his shot like Kamberi did on Saturday, which would have made it 3-0.

Can you imagine any of the coaching staff now trying to justify starting the season with Kamberi, Doidge and Shaw.

Glaringly obvious that it was a recipe for disaster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The 90+2
29-10-2019, 08:42 PM
No.

Oh well. What’s your opinion on current management?

blackpoolhibs
29-10-2019, 08:46 PM
Can you imagine any of the coaching staff now trying to justify starting the season with Kamberi, Doidge and Shaw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remember under the last manager, the furore about us only having 3 strikers and an unbalanced squad?

Thank god we've sorted that. :faf:

CathroMustStay
29-10-2019, 08:48 PM

Um, Christian Doidge is a brilliant striker with lots of well thought out, natural attributes. He is renewing the legacy of the Famous Five team for years to come. Oh aye, and his personal hygiene is above reproach.

Captain Trips
29-10-2019, 08:50 PM
Remember under the last manager, the furore about us only having 3 strikers and an unbalanced squad?

Thank god we've sorted that. :faf:

It is balanced we added more ***** to balance out any ***** here already. genius.

blackpoolhibs
29-10-2019, 09:07 PM
It is balanced we added more ***** to balance out any ***** here already. genius.

I know, what a man. :greengrin

I'm Spartacus
30-10-2019, 09:38 AM
There’s a rumour doing the rounds because there’s a board meeting on Tuesday and Strachan, Stubbs, Lennon and Griffiths have been invited.

John?

makaveli1875
03-11-2019, 06:51 AM
Here's hoping for Tomorrow morning

Unseen work
03-11-2019, 06:52 AM
I don’t think I can put myself through another morning of hope and to an extent excitement, to go online and realise nothing had been done again.

It’s got to happen.

hibeejeebies
03-11-2019, 07:07 AM
[QUOTE=PaulSmith;5970103]Can you imagine any of the coaching staff now trying to justify starting the season with Kamberi, Doidge and Shaw.

Nail on the head mate.

When I've tried to describe our situation to non Hibs fans asking me why Hecky is under so much pressure so early in the season, it's precisely because of issues like this.

What he's not addressed and apparent blind spots he has to areas in the team fans can patently see are weak. All leads to this horrible uneasy feeling of helplessness somebody discussed on another thread, like watching a car crash in (in our case) super-chronically-slow motion.

LancsHibs
03-11-2019, 07:14 AM
[QUOTE=PaulSmith;5970103]Can you imagine any of the coaching staff now trying to justify starting the season with Kamberi, Doidge and Shaw.

Nail on the head mate.

When I've tried to describe our situation to non Hibs fans asking me why Hecky is under so much pressure so early in the season, it's precisely because of issues like this.

What he's not addressed and apparent blind spots he has to areas in the team fans can patently see are weak. All leads to this horrible uneasy feeling of helplessness somebody discussed on another thread, like watching a car crash in (in our case) super-chronically-slow motion.

To have these options and then not play Kamberi!!!!! The man is stubborn and clueless!

Nicho87
03-11-2019, 07:15 AM
Interesting to not see any hibs tv uploaded. As usual this season they never advertise them on Twitter now anyway. But going straight to hibs YouTube channel, nothing on after match thoughts. Please say it’s over!

Col2
03-11-2019, 07:21 AM
All quiet on Hibs social media.

They have done this before and then hit us with a post Sunday lunchtime “Hibs Ladies in action at Stirling” headline.

St Johnstone game now crucial in relegation fight (oh yes). Surely to god the change is made now even if it’s Murray and May as interim for a week or two. Even that scenario will give fans a boost. I might even go to Perth. And I would be back at ER as my self imposed ban would have gone.

Leith Green
03-11-2019, 07:26 AM
If Heckingbottom had the whole season as manager , I reckon we would be lucky to pick up 4 or 5 wins all season. He sets the team up wrongly every single week and in doing so shows he isn’t learning from his glaringly obvious mistakes from previous games. He has brought a raft of below standard players into the club and doesnt pick most of them cos they are so bad, yet let good team players go without replacing them with players with similar attributes, even players who once looked decent or good look awful most weeks now, which you have got to put down to their coaching and the way they are being asked to play , although you could argue we are devoid of any noticeable style or intent. The managers constant negativity has sapped the life out of a large chunk of the support now , it feels almost as if someone has pushed a button and we are back in 2014 because thats how disastrous a job he has done in a relatively short space of time. There are people on other threads having a pop at fans for non attendance yesterday .i didnt go yesterday and its the first quarter , semi , final i have not bothered with in my lifetime. I have a season ticket and go to lots of away games but im not spending another penny while our so called leaders accept such obvious failure. Not even heard a peep from them , it really is like 2014.

Heisenberg
03-11-2019, 07:27 AM
Interesting to not see any hibs tv uploaded. As usual this season they never advertise them on Twitter now anyway. But going straight to hibs YouTube channel, nothing on after match thoughts. Please say it’s over!

They had on their Instagram story last night saying post match reaction would be up shortly but nothing so far.

Nicho87
03-11-2019, 07:28 AM
They had on their Instagram story last night saying post match reaction would be up shortly but nothing so far.

Ah instagram I am not on.

Cheers

Onion
03-11-2019, 07:49 AM
Way Hibs are accepting Heckingbottom suggests there's no one left at the club who knows or cares about standards.

Perception is:

New Owner - not a clue, lives miles away, doesn't have to worry.

English manager - not a clue, naive, negative and stereotypical view of Scottish football (going by his signings and approach in OF games), cold, distant and able to walk away and never venture "North" again.

Vela, Doidge, James, et al - see English manager

No Petrie, No STF, no strong leaders left on or off the park.

Leanne SHOULD and needs to be the voice of the fans here. But for some reason she's been silenced.

Little wonder some are starting to feel a disconnect from the club. Worrying times.

The Leith Dutch
03-11-2019, 07:58 AM
If Heckingbottom had the whole season as manager , I reckon we would be lucky to pick up 4 or 5 wins all season. He sets the team up wrongly every single week and in doing so shows he isn’t learning from his glaringly obvious mistakes from previous games. He has brought a raft of below standard players into the club and doesnt pick most of them cos they are so bad, yet let good team players go without replacing them with players with similar attributes, even players who once looked decent or good look awful most weeks now, which you have got to put down to their coaching and the way they are being asked to play , although you could argue we are devoid of any noticeable style or intent. The managers constant negativity has sapped the life out of a large chunk of the support now , it feels almost as if someone has pushed a button and we are back in 2014 because thats how disastrous a job he has done in a relatively short space of time. There are people on other threads having a pop at fans for non attendance yesterday .i didnt go yesterday and its the first quarter , semi , final i have not bothered with in my lifetime. I have a season ticket and go to lots of away games but im not spending another penny while our so called leaders accept such obvious failure. Not even heard a peep from them , it really is like 2014.

Bit in bold is spot on.

neil7908
03-11-2019, 07:58 AM
I'm honestly terrified that they will give him the St Johnstone game.

I suspect it'll take us sitting bottom of the league for them to act.

Disgraceful if he's not gone by then.

Sir David Gray
03-11-2019, 08:00 AM

A loss next week coupled with a draw between Hearts and St Mirren will put us bottom on goal difference.

Hermit Crab
03-11-2019, 08:01 AM
We have scored in the last 7 competitive games, scoring first in 4 for them. We have not won any...

We have only scored more than 2 goals in a competitive game on two occasions. Arbroath and Morton at home....

PaulSmith
If he’s not sacked in the next 24hrs then I’ll not be back, I refuse to back a regime that rewards incompetence.

bingo70

You’d be as well trying to get your head round the idea as I suspect he won’t be going anywhere this week.

neil7908
03-11-2019, 08:08 AM
As well as seeing him out of the door, the club need to take a very long look at how we've ended up with so many poor players from down South on 3 year deals (and likely on decent wages as well).

Out of the Summer signings I think it's fair to say only Hallberg could really be considered a success.

Who scouted and ultimately signed the likes of Vela, Newell, Doidge etc? What structures are in place to stop that happening again?

We actually have the core of a decent squad. Marciano, Porto, Gray (when fit), Hallberg, Boyle, Allan, Kamberi. Add in the likes of Hanlon, Slivka, Horgan etc who have all shown quality in flashes.

But the players brought in over summer have been a complete disaster.

we are hibs
03-11-2019, 08:10 AM
I think he will still be here next week.

neil7908
03-11-2019, 08:11 AM
You’d be as well trying to get your head round the idea as I suspect he won’t be going anywhere this week.

As the dust clears this morning and the booze wears off I'm beginning to think you're right.

Heads need to roll at board level if that's the case.

madhatter
03-11-2019, 08:14 AM
Leeann looked distinctly fed up in the first half based on tv footage so I think action might be taken shortly.

He’s been given far too long as it is. The last 5 or so games last season were shocking as well. His run of mediocre to awful results is ridiculous.

mcfly
03-11-2019, 08:26 AM
The next home game isn’t for weeks.

If he’s still there - the real crowd will be less than 10k

he really hasn’t a clue and has been an awful appointment

Gonna cost the club money to get rid, but even more money if we keep him.

CloudSquall
03-11-2019, 08:45 AM

If we as a fan base continue to circle jerk over Doidge's "all round game" we deserve relegation.

His all round game is winning us the square root of **** all matches, get in a striker / strikers that actually score goals.

Cataplana
03-11-2019, 08:46 AM
A win at Perth could see him stay beyond Christmas.

What worries me most about our situation is that he gets to the business end of the season around seventh place, and then this bunch of cowards really chuck in the towel.

The mistakes he has made are massive, enough to sack him now.

Hermit Crab
03-11-2019, 08:48 AM

What worries me most about our situation is that he gets to the business end of the season around seventh place, and then this bunch of cowards really chuck in the towel.

We don't need to worry about winning at Perth. That teams winning hee haw.

J-C
03-11-2019, 08:50 AM

Doidge is the epitome of what's wrong at Hibs right now, he's ****ing awful as is the other no mark lower league players this so called manager has brought in.

I know Heckinbottom was a pro player but did he learn everything he knows on FM, make a tactic, say the right things to the press and hope it all comes good.

Sir David Gray
03-11-2019, 08:50 AM

A win next week could put us into the dizzying heights of 8th and within 2 points of the top 6. That will be enough to see him through to at least December.

Craig_in_Prague
03-11-2019, 08:56 AM
A win next week could put us into the dizzying heights of 8th and within 2 points of the top 6. That will be enough to see him through to at least December.

We wont win next week.

Sir David Gray
03-11-2019, 09:09 AM
We wont win next week.

I don't think we will either.

Cataplana
03-11-2019, 09:18 AM
If he’s not sacked in the next 24hrs then I’ll not be back, I refuse to back a regime that rewards incompetence.

Who do you bank with?

Ellahappyhibee
03-11-2019, 09:24 AM
it's difficult to see Hibs winning again in the league with Hecky as our manager. Players lack all confidence and self belief. Was at Hampden yesterday, players did not know what the game plan was, and his post match interview suggests he had also given up when it was 2-0 Celtic - said it was all over then!

Robbo6-2
03-11-2019, 11:45 AM
Part of the problem is clearly we have singed players who dont give two hoots about the club.

Even last night Stevie Mallan was on Instagram posting photos and videos of him and his burd at a party.

Diodge has a season ticket in Shanghai, Vela looks the most disinterested player to ever play for us.

Sad state of affairs

Allant1981
03-11-2019, 11:51 AM
Part of the problem is clearly we have singed players who dont give two hoots about the club.

Even last night Stevie Mallan was on Instagram posting photos and videos of him and his burd at a party.

Diodge has a season ticket in Shanghai, Vela looks the most disinterested player to ever play for us.

Sad state of affairs

He was at a party, should he stop having a life because he lost a game of football

Cataplana
03-11-2019, 11:53 AM
He was at a party, should he stop having a life because he lost a game of football

I agree, but I also think Mallan is a wee bit of a space cadet. He really doesn't seem to have much self awareness.

How else do you explain the way he seems to think he can hide in front of 20,000 people in a derby?

BoomtownHibees
03-11-2019, 11:53 AM

No, but maybe think about his audience when posting stuff online

Robbo6-2
03-11-2019, 11:55 AM

Nobody is saying he shouldny have a life but perhaps not posting it on social media after being humped in a national semi final would be a good idea.

Forget the fact hes been pish for weeks too

blackpoolhibs
03-11-2019, 11:56 AM

Players need to know when its a good time to be seen out, and when its not. Of course players deserve a life, but FFS partying after your team has just been pumped silly, and are one point off relegation is not the best thing to be doing in my opinion, and opens yourself up to ridicule and abuse.

LaMotta
03-11-2019, 11:57 AM
I agree, but I also think Mallan is a wee bit of a space cadet. He really doesn't seem to have much self awareness.

How else do you explain the way he seems to think he can hide in front of 20,000 people in a derby?

He wasn't doing a good job of hiding when he smashed one in the top corner from 30 yards.......

we are hibs
03-11-2019, 11:59 AM
He can go out and do what he wants. I dont particularly care what players get up to away from football. A bit more awareness in terms of not putting photos up from your night out less than 4 hours after being shafted at the national stadium in a semi final infront of the country would be nice though.

madhatter
03-11-2019, 12:00 PM
He wasn't doing a good job of hiding when he smashed one in the top corner from 30 yards.......

Take his shooting away and he’s honestly a really poor midfielder. He can’t run, it’s unbelievable how easy his opponent gets past him. Scott Allan makes better attempts to win ball back.

Having said all of the above, Mallan is just one of a very very bad bunch. Sad times that we need a clear out. Only 6-7 players I’d keep.

Allant1981
03-11-2019, 12:01 PM
Nobody is saying he shouldny have a life but perhaps not posting it on social media after being humped in a national semi final would be a good idea.

Forget the fact hes been pish for weeks too

He stuck a video up of his pals dancing, not exactly him standing at the bar taking shots all night

The 90+2
03-11-2019, 12:06 PM
He stuck a video up of his pals dancing, not exactly him standing at the bar taking shots all night

Do you think McGinn, McGeough, Bartley, Boyle or Fyvie would do similar after being horsed in a National Semi final?

Stevie Mallan is also a self confessed Celtic supporter that doesn’t help his case either.

Robbo6-2
03-11-2019, 12:08 PM

Theres more than that video, but as i said its not so much the content but fir ffs youve just been humped in a semi final and been atrocious, Doherty got hounded for similar.

No wonder fans are pished off, spent alot of money to go thru there, battled through traffic to get there, stuck in traffic for ages after the game and players clearly out enjoying themselves posting it on social media. Comon you cant defend that.

Allant1981
03-11-2019, 12:12 PM
Theres more than that video, but as i said its not so much the content but fir ffs youve just been humped in a semi final and been atrocious, Doherty got hounded for similar.

No wonder fans are pished off, spent alot of money to go thru there, battled through traffic to get there, stuck in traffic for ages after the game and players clearly out enjoying themselves posting it on social media. Comon you cant defend that.

Theres nothing to defend, the guy has had a night out, big deal, me personally if I've had a crap day at work I just want to head home and chill out with the wife but each to their own

Sudds_1
03-11-2019, 12:13 PM

Yep agree.nowt wrong with showing your out celebrating. But when the folk who pay your wages are down and miserable its crass to say the least

BILLYHIBS
03-11-2019, 12:15 PM
Two feet behind the ball on the penalty spot versus Livvy easily dispossessed possibly nutmegged giving the Livvy player a free shot on goal 0-2 Soft as Tom Kite

Should be embarrassed to call himself a professional football player

madhatter
03-11-2019, 12:22 PM
Two feet behind the ball on the penalty spot versus Livvy easily dispossessed possibly nutmegged giving the Livvy player a free shot on goal 0-2 Soft as Tom Kite

Should be embarrassed to call himself a professional football player

He isn’t good enough for Hibs. If it weren’t for his shooting he would be amateur level.

You could handle Mallan if he were a striker, his shots are good, that’s great. He’s a midfielder though and can barely run, can’t tackle, regularly plays stupid passes...the list of his deficiencies could go on.

Again, it’s not just him though, just shows how far we’ve fallen.

J-C
03-11-2019, 12:53 PM

AFAIK he was at a wedding, he does have a partner you know, who also goes out with their friends, he has a life away from the pitch.

Cataplana
03-11-2019, 12:58 PM

Even the best can let their guard slip on occasion, you shouldn't judge him on that uncharacteristic moment.

Heisenberg
03-11-2019, 12:59 PM
He isn’t good enough for Hibs. If it weren’t for his shooting he would be amateur level.

You could handle Mallan if he were a striker, his shots are good, that’s great. He’s a midfielder though and can barely run, can’t tackle, regularly plays stupid passes...the list of his deficiencies could go on.

Again, it’s not just him though, just shows how far we’ve fallen.

He needs to play behind the striker with no defensive responsibility on his shoulders, unfortunately for him we’ve already got Scott Allan filling that position. St Mirren fan I know told me when he signed that he was useless for them playing deeper but sparked into life when he changed position.

ivan03
03-11-2019, 07:37 PM

Sad state of affairs

Doidge has been to Shanghai twice since he signed for Hibs. Once a pre season team night out and one other occasion.

Robbo6-2
03-11-2019, 07:41 PM
Doidge has been to Shanghai twice since he signed for Hibs. Once a pre season team night out and one other occasion.

Thats more than some of our season ticket holders have been to a game

SteveHFC
03-11-2019, 07:43 PM

Is Shanghai not dear these days?

MrSmith
03-11-2019, 07:53 PM
Is Shanghai not dear these days?

Aye but our head coach put him on £7k per week! :na na:

Inconsequential
03-11-2019, 07:54 PM
AFAIK he was at a wedding, he does have a partner you know, who also goes out with their friends, he has a life away from the pitch. Spot on J-C! He is a young man who had the equivalent of a bad day at the office. Why shouldn't he attend a function? I'm sure there were more than a few Hibs fans out last night having a beer.

Billy Whizz
03-11-2019, 08:03 PM

Any reason why Shanghai?

GreenCastle
03-11-2019, 08:17 PM
He needs to play behind the striker with no defensive responsibility on his shoulders, unfortunately for him we’ve already got Scott Allan filling that position. St Mirren fan I know told me when he signed that he was useless for them playing deeper but sparked into life when he changed position.

Exactly.

He was our player of season last year.

Allan and Mallan can’t play in the same team - that’s an issue.

Add in we haven’t got a player like McGinn doing 2 players work and instead you have Vela and all 3 are struggling.

I actually think put Hallberg alongside a decent player and he will be even better.

Hamilton away was Mallans best game until he was moved to right midfield when Allan came on.

erin go bragh
03-11-2019, 08:17 PM
Any reason why Shanghai?

More chance of him scoring there :)

Forza Fred
03-11-2019, 08:22 PM
Any reason why Shanghai?

He’s got a couple of China’s who work there?

#2 Double Tap
03-11-2019, 08:22 PM
Spot on J-C! He is a young man who had the equivalent of a bad day at the office. Why shouldn't he attend a function? I'm sure there were more than a few Hibs fans out last night having a beer.

No one is annoyed or bothered that he attended a wedding or had a night out after a defeat, its that he feels the need to post about it on social media.....proper look at me having a great time with my great life, who cares about hibs losing feel/attitude to it......... no one would be bothered if say his brother or the bride posted a vid with stevie mallan attending her big day, it is the fact that he posted it which has people irked imo

chrisski33
03-11-2019, 08:39 PM

Sad state of affairs

If you don't like what he posts on social media don't follow him. He's entitled to go to a wedding and post what he wants.
Wasn't him slagging Hibs off or saying anything bad was it??

Robbo6-2
03-11-2019, 08:44 PM
If you don't like what he posts on social media don't follow him. He's entitled to go to a wedding and post what he wants.
Wasn't him slagging Hibs off or saying anything bad was it??

Ffs some folk will just argue black is white

Inconsequential
03-11-2019, 09:10 PM
No one is annoyed or bothered that he attended a wedding or had a night out after a defeat, its that he feels the need to post about it on social media.....proper look at me having a great time with my great life, who cares about hibs losing feel/attitude to it......... no one would be bothered if say his brother or the bride posted a vid with stevie mallan attending her big day, it is the fact that he posted it which has people irked imo If he wants to post to social media that's up to him if it irks some people that's their problem. Personally I post very little to social media but I'm one of the old school or perhaps just a one off. It seems to be the norm these days that everything gets posted on social media. You can switch it off.

J-C
03-11-2019, 09:18 PM
Any reason why Shanghai?

I think the guy that owns it is a big Hibby, gives the players a roped off area so they don't get grief.

Nicho87
03-11-2019, 09:21 PM
Any actual information that tomorrow brings news?

bingo70
03-11-2019, 09:25 PM
Any actual information that tomorrow brings news?

It’s difficult to ask this without sounding like a dick but what sort of actual information are you looking for or expecting to get on a forum?

Wheat Hound
03-11-2019, 09:25 PM
Possibly wishful thinking, but the absolute zero updates on any of Hibs' social media platforms after FT yesterday IS unusual 🤞

BroxburnHibee
03-11-2019, 09:26 PM
Possibly wishful thinking, but the absolute zero updates on any of Hibs' social media platforms after FT yesterday IS unusual 🤞

Yeah just made the same point on another thread. Clutching at straws probably.

CapitalGreen
03-11-2019, 09:27 PM
I think the guy that owns it is a big Hibby, gives the players a roped off area so they don't get grief.

Billy Lowe sold Le Monde/Shanghai a few years back.

J-C
03-11-2019, 09:28 PM
Billy Lowe sold Le Monde/Shanghai a few years back.

Didn't know that, cheers, not one of my regular haunts as you'll probably guess :greengrin

Nicho87
03-11-2019, 09:38 PM
It’s difficult to ask this without sounding like a dick but what sort of actual information are you looking for or expecting to get on a forum?

Well without being a dick back it was a simple enough question. Insider info, the usual really. Must have bothered you, upset you enough to reply, so for that I thank you.