PDA

View Full Version : 28 years ago today...

Jamesie
27-10-2019, 03:42 PM
...was also a Sunday, and about now we were approaching half time all square in the League Cup Final at Hampden - shortly thereafter Tommy McIntyre would put us ahead from the penalty spot before Keith Keith Keith wrapped up the spoils with a few minutes remaining. I might have just turned eleven at the time but I remember vividly most of the day, having attended the game with my late uncle. A ray of light on a weekend to otherwise forget about football!

Bob Box Fish
27-10-2019, 03:43 PM
My first ever hibs game. I was eleven too.

BILLYHIBS
27-10-2019, 03:53 PM
Some HIBS support every man and his dug

Got to the turnstiles 2.50pm and they were starting to close them at the HIBS end

Lexos half time team talk turned things around “ Do you want to be winners? If not you will regret it as long as you live” or words to that effect after a lack lustre first half

Glory Lurker
27-10-2019, 03:58 PM
First half was incredibly boring. I take it it was just nerves, but I think everyone expected we would be easily the better team so us making heavy weather of it was an unwelcome surprise.

Second half was not much better, quality-wise, but that didn't matter a jot! Great night back in Edinburgh.

Scorrie
27-10-2019, 05:44 PM
What a day that was. Brilliant. Ended up in Robbies Bar till wee small hours. I seem to recall that the clock on Pilrig Kirk was turned green but that may been the influence of whisky...!

emerald green
27-10-2019, 05:49 PM
What an amazing support Hibs had at Hampden that very happy day.

BILLYHIBS
27-10-2019, 06:00 PM
THE TEAM THAT WOULD NOT DIE!

I always remember Murdo disappeared down the stairs with the League Cup and left the players with the Skol Cup

Great night back at Easter Road