PDA

View Full Version : When Killie brought Clark in

hibee1875
27-10-2019, 02:07 PM
I can’t find a table to show where killie were when they brought Clark in but from memory I’m sure they were 10th or 11th looking like they were heading for relegation.

He was appointed mid Oct and did wonders. It’s not too late to salvage our season but it has to be done now. A Clark like appointment could get us up the table.

Would Ron fund the appointment of someone like Roy Keane?? Or even bigger, Martin O’Neil?

Heisenberg
27-10-2019, 02:27 PM
Roy Keane is a dreadful football manager who’d spend his time falling out with people. No thanks.

Iggy Pope
27-10-2019, 02:28 PM
Roy Keane is a dreadful football manager who’d spend his time falling out with people. No thanks.

Seconded. Martin O’Neill likewise. Bugger that.

calumhibee1
27-10-2019, 02:35 PM
I can’t find a table to show where killie were when they brought Clark in but from memory I’m sure they were 10th or 11th looking like they were heading for relegation.

He was appointed mid Oct and did wonders. It’s not too late to salvage our season but it has to be done now. A Clark like appointment could get us up the table.

Would Ron fund the appointment of someone like Roy Keane?? Or even bigger, Martin O’Neil?

I can’t remember where they were points wise but I remember watching them and thinking they’d go down. They were dreadful.

Killiehibbie
27-10-2019, 02:42 PM
Killie were 2nd bottom and looked poor then we went there and put 3 past them but would've had no real complaints if we'd lost. I told a Killie fan if they kept playing like that they'd soon be clear of the bottom and I proceeded to make a few quid backing them at generous odds each week.

wookie70
27-10-2019, 03:10 PM
As said they were second bottom with 6 points from 9 games.(That was the table the day he took over 14/10/2017,they got the 3 points that day under caretakers to move them up from bottom) We were on 13 points at that point. Over the rest of the season Lennon's Hibs picked up 1 more point than Clarke's Killie finishing 8 points ahead of them in the final table. It puts Clarkes performance into context taking over a team that were looking like relegation fodder and matching the points total if the much lauded Lennon with a massive budget in comparison and a Cup Winning Squad who had improved since that point.

Clarke managed 6 points in his first 6 games before a long run of great results and then a faltering post split performance.

MWHIBBIES
27-10-2019, 03:15 PM
Roy Keane is not only a dreadful manager but also a deranged, disturbed and generally awful human being who I wouldn't want anywhere near Easter Road

wookie70
27-10-2019, 03:26 PM
Roy Keane is not only a dreadful manager but also a deranged, disturbed and generally awful human being who I wouldn't want anywhere near Easter Road

I think lots of Hibs fans warm to a "winners" personality though so he might be a popular choice. I'd run a mile though as I agree with you, a loathsome individual.

27-10-2019, 03:29 PM
I don’t want Keane but why is he loathsome, deranged, disturbed?!

WhileTheChief..
27-10-2019, 03:34 PM
I’d take Keane in a heartbeat over PH. Exactly the type of character we need.

Future17
27-10-2019, 03:35 PM
Out of Killie's three previous managers prior to Alessio, one was Clark and one was Clarke; which are we talking about?

.Sean.
27-10-2019, 03:37 PM
That’s the kind of garbage folk said before we appointed Butcher. Roy Keane is an ********, a total bully who I wouldn’t want anywhere near Hibs.

we are hibs
27-10-2019, 03:40 PM
I don’t want Keane but why is he loathsome, deranged, disturbed?!

Exactly. Bit of a bizarre comment about someone youve never met.

HibeeHibernian4
27-10-2019, 03:43 PM

What character is that exactly? A nuclear grade weapon? Lennon's 'fiery' personality was bad enough, Keane is a prick of the highest order.

Marvellous
27-10-2019, 03:44 PM
Roy Keane is a tosser and evidently a poor football manager.

calumhibee1
27-10-2019, 03:46 PM

:agree:

MWHIBBIES
27-10-2019, 04:23 PM
I don’t want Keane but why is he loathsome, deranged, disturbed?!Trying to injure fellow pros, 2002 world cup shambles, recent comments mocking John Walters for being emotional when discussing his brothers death on TV, disgraceful comments to youth players at Ipswich. A quick google search shows he is absolutely horrible.

A good manager is what we need, he isn't even close to that.

lyonhibs
27-10-2019, 04:31 PM
That’s the kind of garbage folk said before we appointed Butcher. Roy Keane is an ********, a total bully who I wouldn’t want anywhere near Hibs.

Quite. A ***** human being and a highly mediocre football manager. Wouldn't want him within a million miles of ER

hibee1875
27-10-2019, 05:02 PM
Out of Killie's three previous managers prior to Alessio, one was Clark and one was Clarke; which are we talking about?

I do apologise that my missed e made you lose all context of what this post was about.

basehibby
27-10-2019, 05:48 PM
Good thread this - highlights the enormous difference having a good Head Coach in place can make to a team. Hibs got it very wrong with Heckingbottom but can undo a lot of the damage if they only get it right next time. It would be great if a standout like Steve Clark was waiting in the wings.....

Scouse Hibee
27-10-2019, 06:19 PM
Any manager that can get consistent performances out of some of the dross in our squad will be a miracle worker.

Unseen work
28-10-2019, 12:34 AM
Just posted similar on another thread.

Celtic 25
Rangers. 25
Kilmarnock. 17
Motherwell. 16
Aberdeen. 15
Ross County. 13
Livingston. 12
Hamilton. 9
Hearts. 8
St Mirren. 8
Hibernian. 8
St Johnston 7

No one bar the old firm is any good or showing consistency this season.

If we held onto the 2-0 lead on Saturday we would have been going into the Livingston game knowing a win would take us 6th. Quite unbelievable considering the season we’ve had.

A new manager would make the world of a difference.

Imo it’s got to be Jack Ross.

eastmainsmsh
28-10-2019, 09:08 AM
Lee Clark did wonders at Huddersfield was being tipped for big things couple of bad times at Birmingham Blackpool not saying we should go for him but he did do ok at Killie as he went to Bury a move he regrets decent coach

Northernhibee
28-10-2019, 09:31 AM
Don't want Jack Ross (how can you not get Sunderland out of league one, no thanks) and certainly not Roy Keane - a grade one rocket, an absolutely awful person who also happens to be a terrible manager.

Interesting thought - Dick Campbell? He's got Arbroath as a mid table team in the Championship when he had taken them over as also-rans in League Two. Has done a good job with a lot of teams, and seen a very interesting interview with him as to how he's evolved and learned as a manager. Certainly not another has been washed up manager with ideas that are twenty years out of date. He's not even a manager like Butcher was that needs his own team in, he's generally been good from the get go and I can't help but feeling that the fact he's in his sixties is what stops him getting a bigger job.

IMO would be really worth a punt.

Iggy Pope
28-10-2019, 03:26 PM
Don't want Jack Ross (how can you not get Sunderland out of league one, no thanks) and certainly not Roy Keane - a grade one rocket, an absolutely awful person who also happens to be a terrible manager.

Interesting thought - Dick Campbell? He's got Arbroath as a mid table team in the Championship when he had taken them over as also-rans in League Two. Has done a good job with a lot of teams, and seen a very interesting interview with him as to how he's evolved and learned as a manager. Certainly not another has been washed up manager with ideas that are twenty years out of date. He's not even a manager like Butcher was that needs his own team in, he's generally been good from the get go and I can't help but feeling that the fact he's in his sixties is what stops him getting a bigger job.

IMO would be really worth a punt.

I think you’ll find Dick Campbell is as rocket as any rocket is.