PDA

View Full Version : Of the 5 league games we've drawn, how many were we leading in?

lyonhibs
27-10-2019, 01:25 PM
Am I right in thinking it was all 5? Plus the Hearts game where Heckingbottom and the players went a step further and lost.

So frustrating, a bit of character and confidence and this season looks a whole, whole lot better. Immaterial of course, as we've not got it and Heckingbottom is patently unable to instil it.

Sir David Gray
27-10-2019, 01:31 PM
Am I right in thinking it was all 5? Plus the Hearts game where Heckingbottom and the players went a step further and lost.

So frustrating, a bit of character and confidence and this season looks a whole, whole lot better. Immaterial of course, as we've not got it and Heckingbottom is patently unable to instil it.

Yes we have dropped points from a winning position in 6 games so far this season;

St Johnstone 2-2
Hearts 1-2
Celtic 1-1
Aberdeen 1-1
Hamilton 1-1
Ross County 2-2

13 points dropped in total.

Squealing pig
27-10-2019, 01:34 PM
Even if we didn’t draw or get beat the football was still sub standard , I wouldn’t mind losing leads in these games if we played attractive football and we’re just unlucky losing a goal

Eyrie
27-10-2019, 01:56 PM
We've also lost the lead in each of our last five games.

One defeat followed by four draws.

calumhibee1
27-10-2019, 01:58 PM

Like you said, very frustrating. See out the game yesterday and against St Johnstone and at least avoid getting beat by Hearts and we’d have been 5 points better off and in the top 6.

Diclonius
27-10-2019, 02:02 PM
I don't think we've equalised once this season. Once we go behind, that's it.

Sir David Gray
27-10-2019, 04:01 PM
I don't think we've equalised once this season. Once we go behind, that's it.

We haven't won any points from a losing position so far this season.

We've been behind in 4 of our 10 league matches this season and we've lost all 4 of them;

Rangers 6-1
Motherwell 3-0
Kilmarnock 2-0
Hearts 1-2

Fife-Hibee
27-10-2019, 04:04 PM
Even if we didn’t draw or get beat the football was still sub standard , I wouldn’t mind losing leads in these games if we played attractive football and we’re just unlucky losing a goal

Why can't we just play well and win consistently, instead of blaming things on bad luck our entire history?

GreenCastle
27-10-2019, 04:05 PM
Last time we beat a team 3-0.

Dundee - September 2018

Last time we scored more than 3 goals in a league game Feb 2019 against Dundee 4-2 win.

This is league results.

Fife-Hibee
27-10-2019, 04:05 PM

We've been behind in 4 of our 10 league matches this season and we've lost all 4 of them;

Rangers 6-1
Motherwell 3-0
Kilmarnock 2-0
Hearts 1-2

We scored first against Hearts.

Onceinawhile
27-10-2019, 04:07 PM

That doesn't change his point though.

We were 2-1 down and didn't get a point from the game.

Fife-Hibee
27-10-2019, 04:10 PM
That doesn't change his point though.

We were 2-1 down and didn't get a point from the game.

True. But they did score in the 87th minute or so. I think a more telling statistic would be how many we seem to concede in the final 10 minutes.

Fife-Hibee
27-10-2019, 04:22 PM
Out of the 20 goals we've conceded in league games this season, 8 of them came in the last 10 minutes. 13 of them came in the last 20.

tamig
27-10-2019, 04:27 PM
Out of the 20 goals we've conceded in league games this season, 8 of them came in the last 10 minutes. 13 of them came in the last 20.

That’s dire stuff.

calumhibee1
27-10-2019, 04:31 PM

That’s really poor stuff. Yesterday, St Johnstone and Hearts have all been killers and had we held on to wins against RC and St J as we really should have and even just avoided getting beat against Hearts we’d be top 6 and in a semi final.

Sir David Gray
27-10-2019, 04:41 PM

That wasn't what I was talking about. The point was about once we go behind we don't recover and I was giving details of the matches where we have been behind at any point in the match and that was one of them.

That's different to us being ahead and losing the lead. I've provided stats numerous times on that as well. We've lost 13 points from a winning position but haven't gained any points from a losing position.

Jack Hackett
27-10-2019, 06:32 PM
This

Yes we have dropped points from a winning position in 6 games so far this season;

St Johnstone 2-2
Hearts 1-2
Celtic 1-1
Aberdeen 1-1
Hamilton 1-1
Ross County 2-2

13 points dropped in total.

+This

Rangers 6-1
Motherwell 3-0
Kilmarnock 2-0
Hearts 1-2

=

Why are you still here Hecky?

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2019, 07:10 PM
If we'd won all these games we've played this season, we'd be top of the league and in a Semi Final.

Is this how this game works? :confused:

calumhibee1
28-10-2019, 08:19 AM
That wasn't what I was talking about. The point was about once we go behind we don't recover and I was giving details of the matches where we have been behind at any point in the match and that was one of them.

That's different to us being ahead and losing the lead. I've provided stats numerous times on that as well. We've lost 13 points from a winning position but haven't gained any points from a losing position.

I’d presume that’s by a mile the most amount of points dropped from winning positions in the league?