PDA

View Full Version : Slivka

Diclonius
27-10-2019, 11:39 AM
Back in training.

BegbieHSC
27-10-2019, 11:41 AM
Good! V underrated player. Should start ahead of Vela every game.

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2019, 11:47 AM
While i'd have him in every time before Vela or Newell, he's still not good enough to make us into a top 6 side, nevermind top 4.

We have a huge rebuilding job on our hands once this clown is shown the door.

None of those brought in by secondbottom are good enough, and we have a few who are ageing and past their best, we also have a few squad fillers lik Slivka who are just that, for us to have a quality 11, we need around 9 players who would start every week other than those starting now.

Well done Hibs. :rolleyes:

calumhibee1
27-10-2019, 11:51 AM
Worth a shot imo.. and I don’t even particularly rate him.

Robbo6-2
27-10-2019, 11:52 AM
If we are waiting on Slivka to return and turn our season around we are in an even worse position than i thought.

Hibee Mac
27-10-2019, 11:54 AM
While i'd have him in every time before Vela or Newell, he's still not good enough to make us into a top 6 side, nevermind top 4.

None of those brought in by secondbottom are good enough, and we have a few who are ageing and past their best, we also have a few squad fillers lik Slivka who are just that, for us to have a quality 11, we need around 9 players who would start every week other than those starting now.

Spot on. Nothing short of abysmal that we find ourselves in this position having looked so strong only 18 months ago.

steakbake
27-10-2019, 12:04 PM
Good! V underrated player. Should start ahead of Vela every game.

100%

danhibees1875
27-10-2019, 12:15 PM
Slivka, SDG, and Boyle will be good to have back. Can't happen soon enough.

Is James injured again?

Deansy
27-10-2019, 12:24 PM
I'd play an injured Slivka over Vela any time - we'd get something from him as against the current zilch we get from Vela !

J-C
27-10-2019, 12:25 PM
Slivka, SDG, and Boyle will be good to have back. Can't happen soon enough.

Is James injured again?

On the bench yesterday

lyonhibs
27-10-2019, 12:44 PM
If we are waiting on Slivka to return and turn our season around we are in an even worse position than i thought.

This. Entirely non plussed about this news. He's been here what, 3 years, and provided about a single handful of highlight moments in that time?

easty
27-10-2019, 12:51 PM
Shows how desperate we are for any change in the playing side.

Slivkas far from one of the worst midfielders we’ve had but he’s been a passenger in by far the majority of his games.

FRes Hibbie
27-10-2019, 12:54 PM
He’ll be an improvement if he plays. He’s only anonymous most of the time rather than all of the time like Vela.

Baker9
27-10-2019, 03:15 PM
Back in training.

Not the least bit excited about that. He has been nearly good for years and is quiet as a mouse like most of his teammates.

MWHIBBIES
27-10-2019, 03:20 PM

Except those 2 seasons where he has a total of 51 league games played, finishing in the top 6 both times, 4th once. Slivka definately could play a part in a good Hibs side.

bigwheel
27-10-2019, 03:26 PM
Except those 2 seasons where he has a total of 51 league games played, finishing in the top 6 both times, 4th once. Slivka definately could play a part in a good Hibs side.

It says a whole lot about the standard of our first 11 when a player who has never in three years been a regular starter is viewed as a step up ...

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2019, 03:27 PM
A bit part player to come on when we had the best midfield in the country, take them away and put him in and look whats happened? He's another not nearly good enough.

we are hibs
27-10-2019, 03:42 PM
If slivka couldnt cement a place in that midfield last season he never will.

hibsbollah
27-10-2019, 03:42 PM
Fascinating psychology here; the return of a player who is clearly better than the alternative is being painted as a negative, in the majority of posts :dunno:

It is possible to take a break from the relentless misery like, even for a second or two.

hibee-boys
27-10-2019, 03:44 PM
Not a big Slivka fan but i'd have him on that team in a heartbeat over Vela and Newell.

.....and I mean them both, feels like playing with 9 men with that pair playing anyway!!

hibeerealist
27-10-2019, 03:46 PM
Back in training.

Would be nice to be able to think this will make a difference but no it will not.

truehibernian
27-10-2019, 03:54 PM
He’s a good player, for me at his best in the top of a diamond midfield and has good game intelligence for a midfielder. Played all over the midfield caused a lack of confidence and played sparingly didn’t help. Tail end of last season he played more forward and drove the team up the pitch more. If you play him there, then you need a holding/defensive midfielder at the foot of the diamond, perhaps an experienced head like Whittaker - Allan played left and Malian right as both like to come infield - add in two up top (Shaw and Kamberi) then I think it would be far more successful than Vela and Newell.

MWHIBBIES
27-10-2019, 04:03 PM

He did, he played 29 games.

MWHIBBIES
27-10-2019, 04:04 PM
A bit part player to come on when we had the best midfield in the country, take them away and put him in and look whats happened? He's another not nearly good enough.

We finished only one place worse off with him instead of those guys. Hardly a disaster. Its this season we've really gone downhill.

B.H.F.C
27-10-2019, 04:12 PM
We finished only one place worse off with him instead of those guys. Hardly a disaster. Its this season we've really gone downhill.

We had a worse team and he still failed to be a regular.

He’ll continue to be in and out the team, at best, and he’ll be away at the end of the season.

MWHIBBIES
27-10-2019, 04:20 PM
We had a worse team and he still failed to be a regular.

He’ll continue to be in and out the team, at best, and he’ll be away at the end of the season.

He played 29 of the league games, that is literally the definition of a regular. He missed a few because of injury IIRC so yeah, definitely a regular.

bigwheel
27-10-2019, 04:21 PM
He did, he played 29 games.

half of those sub appearances ?

B.H.F.C
27-10-2019, 04:32 PM
He played 29 of the league games, that is literally the definition of a regular. He missed a few because of injury IIRC so yeah, definitely a regular.

How many starts?

Sammy7nil
27-10-2019, 06:26 PM

Agreed if that is the case we are in BIG trouble. Slivka is bang average and proved over several games.

Carheenlea
27-10-2019, 06:31 PM
Slivka has had plenty opportunities to stake a regular place in the side, but blows it every time. Get the occasional good performance that gets everyone’s hopes up that we have a quality player ready to be unleashed, but his heart doesn’t seem in it.

lyonhibs
27-10-2019, 06:49 PM
Fascinating psychology here; the return of a player who is clearly better than the alternative is being painted as a negative, in the majority of posts :dunno:

It is possible to take a break from the relentless misery like, even for a second or two.

I think the point being that it's not so clear to everyone and if he is a wee bit better than the present incumbents, his return will still not bridge the gulf in midfield that we seem to need to be able to build on a bloody lead and see out games. Don't think he's really a "in the trenches" style of player.

It's not a negative thing IMO but certainly not as huge a positive as we need to receive (like "Heckingbottom sacked") to turn things around.

27-10-2019, 06:52 PM
Slivka could be good in a team without PH as a manager.

MWHIBBIES
27-10-2019, 06:59 PM
half of those sub appearances ?

How many starts?

19 starts

B.H.F.C
27-10-2019, 07:01 PM
19 starts

So not a regular then, given that’s only 50% of our league games.

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2019, 07:02 PM
19 starts

How many of those starts did he finish?

PH91
27-10-2019, 07:16 PM
If Slivka is the answer then the wrong question is being asked.

A half decent attacking midfielder who is 3rd choice in his best position and should be nothing more than a squad player.

No aggression or bite about him which is what this team needs.

Vault Boy
27-10-2019, 07:29 PM
I think he's better than Vela but that doesn't mean much. Honestly glad we have him back though.

jacomo
27-10-2019, 08:17 PM

I got the impression Lennon never fancied him.

But he’s really not done enough when given a chance.

MWHIBBIES
27-10-2019, 08:21 PM
So not a regular then, given that’s only 50% of our league games.

So if you crashed 50% of the times you drove to work that wouldn't be regularly? Starting half the games and coming on as a sub in another 25% is clearly a regular.

MWHIBBIES
27-10-2019, 08:21 PM
How many of those starts did he finish?

Most of them actually. Google it, I'm not a stat not.

B.H.F.C
27-10-2019, 08:23 PM
So if you crashed 50% of the times you drove to work that wouldn't be regularly? Starting half the games and coming on as a sub in another 25% is clearly a regular.

Aye very good. You sat for a while thinking up that comparison eh?

Nobody, even you, can argue Slivka has ever been a regular starter in his time here. Generally just fills in for folk really. Occasionally does ok, gets another start, and reverts to type.

MWHIBBIES
27-10-2019, 08:38 PM
Aye very good. You sat for a while thinking up that comparison eh?

Nobody, even you, can argue Slivka has ever been a regular starter in his time here. Generally just fills in for folk really. Occasionally does ok, gets another start, and reverts to type.No, I didn't.

How is playing in 29 of 38 games not being a regular? Please tell me. It is literally a fact, irrelevant of his performance, he was clearly a regular.

Unseen work
27-10-2019, 08:39 PM
The fact we’re crying out for him to return is worrying.

B.H.F.C
27-10-2019, 08:43 PM
No, I didn't.

How is playing in 29 of 38 games not being a regular? Please tell me. It is literally a fact, irrelevant of his performance, he was clearly a regular.

Since he joined us we have played 86 league games. He’s appeared in 54. Don’t know how many of them were starts but I’d guess somewhere between 30 and 40 probably. So since he joined he’s started under half of our league games. Your definition of a regular is obviously different to mine.

He’s failed to nail down a regular starting place in our team. And given our midfield issues that says it all about him really.

The Modfather
27-10-2019, 08:57 PM
Meh, I’d forgot he was still here. Don’t think he’ll make a noticeable difference to the midfield whoever he was to replace.

I still don’t know kind of midfielder he is and what his strengths are. Neat and tidy but doesn’t influence a game for better of worse IMO. Won’t be here next season and he’d be a priority to try to move on in January alongside Horgan for me.

B.H.F.C
27-10-2019, 08:59 PM
Meh, I’d forgot he was still here. Don’t think he’ll make a noticeable difference to the midfield whoever he was to replace.

I still don’t know kind of midfielder he is and what his strengths are. Neat and tidy but doesn’t influence a game for better of worse IMO. Won’t be here next season and he’d be a priority to try to move on in January alongside Horgan for me.

I’m no great fan of Slivka but he’d be an improvement on Vela.

Forza Fred
27-10-2019, 09:01 PM
He would be an improvement

The Modfather
27-10-2019, 09:17 PM
I’m no great fan of Slivka but he’d be an improvement on Vela.

Possibly, although I can’t see there being much difference in our results and throwing leads away if we were to replace Vela with Slivka.

Nicho87
27-10-2019, 09:35 PM
Another sheep. No leaders in this current squad at all. A decent manager would have punted slivka and kept Bartley.

Sammy7nil
27-10-2019, 09:43 PM
Slivka could be good in a team without PH as a manager.

What makes you think that ? He did very little under Lennon

I got the impression Lennon never fancied him.

But he’s really not done enough when given a chance.

Correct.

MWHIBBIES
27-10-2019, 10:03 PM
Since he joined us we have played 86 league games. He’s appeared in 54. Don’t know how many of them were starts but I’d guess somewhere between 30 and 40 probably. So since he joined he’s started under half of our league games. Your definition of a regular is obviously different to mine.

He’s failed to nail down a regular starting place in our team. And given our midfield issues that says it all about him really.
I didn't mention his first season. He had injury problems and a lot of top class competition. Last season it's a fact he was a regular, dunno why your bothering to argue it.

Btw, in the last 2 seasons Marciano has made 54 league appearances as well. Assuming he wasn't a regular?

B.H.F.C
28-10-2019, 08:36 AM
I didn't mention his first season. He had injury problems and a lot of top class competition. Last season it's a fact he was a regular, dunno why your bothering to argue it.

Btw, in the last 2 seasons Marciano has made 54 league appearances as well. Assuming he wasn't a regular?

So you don’t want to mention the bit that doesn’t suit your argument....

bigwheel
28-10-2019, 09:09 AM

Rocky had significant injuries. But until this season , he largely started (and played full game) whenever he was fit.

You are not seriously comparing Slivka as regular a starter as Rocky are you ?

Anthony Soprano
29-10-2019, 02:50 PM
Rather him than vela but he's still bang average

Onceinawhile
29-10-2019, 03:02 PM
Rather him than vela but he's still bang average

Talk about damning someone with faint praise.

I'm better than Vela.

The good thing about Slivka is that he almost always shows up for the big games, so fingers crossed he gets the winner on Saturday.

MWHIBBIES
29-10-2019, 03:33 PM
Rocky had significant injuries. But until this season , he largely started (and played full game) whenever he was fit.

You are not seriously comparing Slivka as regular a starter as Rocky are you ?
Both made the same amount of appearances, that is all I said. One cannot be a regular while the other isn't.

So you don’t want to mention the bit that doesn’t suit your argument....
I never mentioned it anywhere, it's nothing to do with suiting my argument. He wasn't a regular first season, he was in the second

Anthony Soprano
29-10-2019, 03:42 PM
Talk about damning someone with faint praise.

I'm better than Vela.

The good thing about Slivka is that he almost always shows up for the big games, so fingers crossed he gets the winner on Saturday.

haha, he's just not a player that excites me massively other than a couple goals against the lesser greens, hope you are correct though

lyonhibs
29-10-2019, 04:26 PM
Both made the same amount of appearances, that is all I said. One cannot be a regular while the other isn't.

I never mentioned it anywhere, it's nothing to do with suiting my argument. He wasn't a regular first season, he was in the second

One can be considered a regular starter, a building block of the team (which is what we all mean here) if he started all 54 games and it's perfectly logical that a different player that got about 20 minutes in almost half his appearances over the same period is not considered a regular. That's perfectly logical to me.