PDA

View Full Version : Oli Shaw - Stat

green with envy
27-10-2019, 08:47 AM
It was brought to my attention in the pub after the game yesterday that Shaw has never started a league game under Heckingbottom?

It's something that I never gave a real thought to but if true, I find it a real strange one as to why.

J-C
27-10-2019, 08:52 AM
It was brought to my attention in the pub after the game yesterday that Shaw has never started a league game under Heckingbottom?

It's something that I never gave a real thought to but if true, I find it a real strange one as to why.

I think there was a rumour he refused to go on loan and stay and fight for his place, or was that Murray? Either way he hasn't given the young lads apart from Porteous enough of a chance, maybe being stubborn proving a point with his own players.

GoalsMcGinley
27-10-2019, 08:53 AM
I think there was a rumour he refused to go on loan and stay and fight for his place, or was that Murray? Either way he hasn't given the young lads apart from Porteous enough of a chance, maybe being stubborn proving a point with his own players.

No idea where this rumour has come from but it’s become “fact”. Neither refused to go on loan. In fact in 1 case they were denied the chance to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H18 SFR
27-10-2019, 08:54 AM
I was saying this yesterday at the game. I'd love to see him up top with Flo/Doidge.

In fact no matter what the topic of discussion is around the team just now it seems to drift over to 2 strikers needed.

makaveli1875
27-10-2019, 08:55 AM

Hecky prefers strikers that dont score goals

green with envy
27-10-2019, 08:56 AM

I was told from just about the horses mouth that Plymouth Argyle had put in a bit on transfer deadline day. Shaw was happy to go but Hibs wanted more money.

J-C
27-10-2019, 09:04 AM
No idea where this rumour has come from but it’s become “fact”. Neither refused to go on loan. In fact in 1 case they were denied the chance to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I remember you saying that now, been up early today and need another coffee.

I was told from just about the horses mouth that Plymouth Argyle had put in a bit on transfer deadline day. Shaw was happy to go but Hibs wanted more money.

Which if true might've pissed Hecky off as he was saying in his interviews that he needed someone to leave before he could get someone else in, Shaw not going might have put him in his bad books.

green with envy
27-10-2019, 09:10 AM
Yea I remember you saying that now, been up early today and need another coffee.

Which if true might've pissed Hecky off as he was saying in his interviews that he needed someone to leave before he could get someone else in, Shaw not going might have put him in his bad books.

Petty if true. That aside doesn't excuse his reason for not starting him last season.

In anycase Shaw was looking to go, it was Hibs that kB'd the offer.

CL0762
27-10-2019, 09:17 AM

Why would we be letting on of the most exciting u21 players in Europe go to Plymouth? Leeann made a rod for her own back with that comment as it was unduly unfair to put pressure like that on Shaw.