PDA

View Full Version : Heckingbottom's signings as a team

Eyrie
27-10-2019, 08:35 AM
I had a look at who was signed, and it's almost a full team.

……...…………...Maxwell
Naismith - ???? - Jackson - James
…………….….Vela - Hallberg
………..???? - Newell - Middleton
...………...…..Doidge

Of those only Maxwell and Hallberg are clear successes, Jackson is OK and the fullbacks are debatable. Not a good success rate.

The Harp Awakes
27-10-2019, 08:42 AM

……...…………...Maxwell
…………….….Vela - Hallberg
...………...…..Doidge

Of those only Maxwell and Hallberg are clear successes, Jackson is OK and the fullbacks are debatable. Not a good success rate.

The signings he's made have been poor as s whole. However it's also the players he's let go and the signings he hasn't made that's contributed to his abject failure. Defensive midfield and up front we are a disaster.

J-C
27-10-2019, 08:45 AM

……...…………...Maxwell
…………….….Vela - Hallberg
...………...…..Doidge

I would suggest that Hallberg is a recruitment team signing with Middleton a panic signing due to Boyle's injury, he'd be known to the recruitment team from his games last season, Naismith would also be known to us from his previous time in Scotland. All the others have all the hallmarks of manager signings known to him and his assistant from their English contacts.

GoalsMcGinley
27-10-2019, 08:57 AM
I would suggest that Hallberg is a recruitment team signing with Middleton a panic signing due to Boyle's injury, he'd be known to the recruitment team from his games last season, Naismith would also be known to us from his previous time in Scotland. All the others have all the hallmarks of manager signings known to him and his assistant from their English contacts.

100% spot on. Naismith and Hallberg are recruitment team signings. The rest are all his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H18 SFR
27-10-2019, 08:58 AM

……...…………...Maxwell
…………….….Vela - Hallberg
...………...…..Doidge

Why is maxwell a success?

Edit - that sounds argumentative, it's not meant in that tone.

erin go bragh
27-10-2019, 09:10 AM

I think Rocky would have saved at least one of their goals yesterday.

Gareth Evans
27-10-2019, 09:22 AM
Individually most of those players would get a game for any team in our league (out with old firm)
We’re getting the better of teams for the majority of the play, for me it’s just the group as a collective doesn’t have the right characters or blend - there is no leadership or aggression. That is the fault of the manager.
The players he didn’t sign other than Allan were also poor - agree with previous post it’s the players we let go that we miss big time.

You’d think after recent matches with what has happened rather than send on a defender and hope they’ll see out the game which hasn’t worked 4 matches previously why not go for the jugular and send on a player that provides an out ball like Middleton - that way you take the pressure of the team defensively and get us up he field.

PH91
27-10-2019, 11:55 AM
Individually most of those players would get a game for any team in our league (out with old firm)
We’re getting the better of teams for the majority of the play, for me it’s just the group as a collective doesn’t have the right characters or blend - there is no leadership or aggression. That is the fault of the manager.
The players he didn’t sign other than Allan were also poor - agree with previous post it’s the players we let go that we miss big time.

You’d think after recent matches with what has happened rather than send on a defender and hope they’ll see out the game which hasn’t worked 4 matches previously why not go for the jugular and send on a player that provides an out ball like Middleton - that way you take the pressure of the team defensively and get us up he field.

Couldn't agree more with this. As I and others have said elsewhere, the additional of 1 or 2 players, provided they are the right type, will make a big difference. That has been the case for over a year now, though.

Eyrie
27-10-2019, 01:52 PM

Not taken that way.

I'd say Maxwell has played well, which makes him a success. However there is a separate question over whether we needed another GK of that standard when we have Marciano. That's a lot of budget on the bench for a club that allegedly needed to move players on before bringing anyone else in.

Baker9
27-10-2019, 03:04 PM
Couldn't agree more with this. As I and others have said elsewhere, the additional of 1 or 2 players, provided they are the right type, will make a big difference. That has been the case for over a year now, though.

Absolutely spot on. We have nobody leading from the front on the park - where is Scott Brown when you need him. Too many nice boys.

I'm Spartacus
30-10-2019, 12:30 PM
I see the list of players and the money spent, and I understand fans forums can be crazy at times with opinions, but I have zero doubt that every fan on this forum would have selected better players with the funds available to him.

Smartie
30-10-2019, 12:41 PM

It’s becoming a recurring theme.

Don’t do adequate business in the summer, 2or 3 players in during January and suddenly you see a far stronger unit.

J-C
30-10-2019, 12:56 PM
It’s becoming a recurring theme.

Don’t do adequate business in the summer, 2or 3 players in during January and suddenly you see a far stronger unit.

This happened last 2 seasons and now this one, maybe allowing the manager too much say in the players isn't helping.

Unseen work
30-10-2019, 01:53 PM

Spot on. Iv said it on numerous occasions that were not getting battered for 90 minutes like teams at the bottom normally do and we normally have a large section of possession until we go ahead then it’s like nerves seem to kick in and they don’t know what to do.

The teams above us don’t have better players than us, but they have a mind set and organisation that allows them to win games.

blackpoolhibs
30-10-2019, 03:18 PM
I see the list of players and the money spent, and I understand fans forums can be crazy at times with opinions, but I have zero doubt that every fan on this forum would have selected better players with the funds available to him.

It was a good job we got most of them in early, what could go wrong?

eastcoasthibby
30-10-2019, 03:29 PM
We and the Board knew that we hadn't signed players for the right positions before the end of the the summer window, but Hecky had blown the budget on good wages and long contracts for some of the crap he had signed and the Doidge signing on fee is the biggest waste of money that I can actually remember our club making ..

Steve88
30-10-2019, 03:33 PM
The midfield is missing a huge pair of baws