PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Strachan

truehibernian
27-10-2019, 08:23 AM
Huge fan of Stubbs, however Gordon is exactly what the club needs to lead us up the table, unite the support, add some character and charisma (and fun), and get the most from an average squad of players. A winner, a supporter (importantly), many connections in the game here, in the UK and abroad, and a huge enthusiast and supporter of both youth football and grass roots football................make it happen Leeann.............he'd take it :aok:

hibsbollah
27-10-2019, 08:27 AM
I've never liked him. Players seem to warm to him though, which is far more important. Stephen Kenny is pulling up trees for Ireland u21s and plays a more expansive game than Strachan, he'd be my choice.

BegbieHSC
27-10-2019, 08:29 AM
100% agree.

If any man can save our season, it’s him.

Very harshly sacked from Scotland, and I personally rate him higher than Clarke. Would be an excellent appointment for us.

Get #StrachanSOS on the go again.

The Harp Awakes
27-10-2019, 08:36 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if he was our next boss. Probably exactly what we need right now. Experience and nous to get us out of this mess.

I fear however LD will make another rookie appointment like Heck.

Callum_62
27-10-2019, 08:38 AM
Wasnt he going to Dundee?

Didn't we ask him last time and he ruled it out?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
27-10-2019, 08:44 AM
he's already at Dundee :confused:

truehibernian
27-10-2019, 08:46 AM
he's already at Dundee :confused:

He is however I think he’d jump at the opportunity.

JimBHibees
27-10-2019, 08:56 AM
Think he would be an excellent appointment with younger coaches to assist. Does he not stay down south?

GoalsMcGinley
27-10-2019, 08:56 AM
This might sound a bit “wacky” but how about a management team made up of Strachan, Kevin Thomson and possibly Boozy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cabbie1875
27-10-2019, 08:58 AM
Said that he was the man for the job before this imposter was given the job

Get this done soon, i wouldnt even give him to the Semi, 1 point off bottom!!!

erin go bragh
27-10-2019, 09:16 AM
Wasnt he going to Dundee?

Didn't we ask him last time and he ruled it out?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

I’m sure he’s Dundee’s dof . Would be a brilliant appointment imo .

we are hibs
27-10-2019, 09:19 AM
Nope.

CL0762
27-10-2019, 09:21 AM
This might sound a bit “wacky” but how about a management team made up of Strachan, Kevin Thomson and possibly Boozy.

I’d go along with this. KT by all accounts doing great things with Rangers u18s? I think it is. I don’t buy the ‘must have a Hibs connection’ however those 3 would undoubtedly bring the fans back onside for a start.

hfc rd
27-10-2019, 09:23 AM
Yes I’d take him.

S4uzee
27-10-2019, 09:28 AM
Would he even want the job ... I doubt it

BegbieHSC
27-10-2019, 09:35 AM
Would he even want the job ... I doubt it

Show him one of George Craig’s videos, that cause all these coups we manage in the transfer market.

Speedway
27-10-2019, 09:43 AM
Doesn’t want to be accountable anymore.

Didn’t want the job in feb, doesn’t want it now.

He’s in the comfy seats from here on in.

Pretty Boy
27-10-2019, 09:47 AM
He seems to command respect from players. Scotland players certainly wanted to play for him anyway.

I was of the opinion he was maybe yesterday's man when he was linked last time. Maybe an experienced head who will steady the ship and get the players playing for him is what we need at this time though.

The Wireless
27-10-2019, 10:06 AM
He seems to command respect from players. Scotland players certainly wanted to play for him anyway.

I was of the opinion he was maybe yesterday's man when he was linked last time. Maybe an experienced head who will steady the ship and get the players playing for him is what we need at this time though.

Give Strachan the job until the end of this season and then evaluate it with his personal situation and our performances.

YanYansen
27-10-2019, 10:29 AM
I would take Strachan in a heartbeat. Always would have, in fact.

I'm genuinely interested: a lot of folk seem to have a sort of "innate" dislike for him. What is it about him, those of you that do? Is it the gnomic statements, or something else?

Personally, I see: a Hibs man, and one who is vastly experienced, who players quite obviously want to play for, and knows the game up here inside out. Even more especially in our current predicament: what's not to like?

The 90+2
27-10-2019, 10:32 AM
I've never liked him. Players seem to warm to him though, which is far more important. Stephen Kenny is pulling up trees for Ireland u21s and plays a more expansive game than Strachan, he'd be my choice.

Stephen Kenny becomes the national team manager next year I think.

Robbo6-2
Gordon Strachan insists his days in management are finished after taking over as Dundee's technical director.

The 62-year-old former Scotland and Celtic boss has been out of the game since leaving the national post in October 2017.

And he says he has accepted that, after more than 20 years as a manager, he will not be returning to the dugout.

"I'm quite happy with that," Strachan said. "This is best for me now to put my ideas and philosophy together."

With James McPake given the manager's job at Dens Park at the end of last season, Strachan is set to focus on the club's academy structure rather than first team matters.

Yorkshire HFC
Huge fan of Stubbs, however Gordon is exactly what the club needs to lead us up the table, unite the support, add some character and charisma (and fun), and get the most from an average squad of players. A winner, a supporter (importantly), many connections in the game here, in the UK and abroad, and a huge enthusiast and supporter of both youth football and grass roots football................make it happen Leeann.............he'd take it :aok:

Are you sure he's a supporter? I remember the abuse he got when he played for Aberdeen at Easter Road - he certainly wasn't popular then.

Sioux
27-10-2019, 10:39 AM

Based on what?

Hibernia&Alba
27-10-2019, 10:53 AM
Michaela Strachan couldn't do any worse than Hecky. I'm at the point where I'll accept anyone who wants it.

silverhibee
27-10-2019, 10:58 AM
Are you sure he's a supporter? I remember the abuse he got when he played for Aberdeen at Easter Road - he certainly wasn't popular then.

He gave a interview a few years back where he said there was only one club in Scotland he supports and that is Celtc FC.

Anyway, for the OP, it's not going to happen :greengrin

And the thought of mark McGhee as his No 2. Deary me.

CLASS OF 72 -73
27-10-2019, 12:05 PM

Thomson the current bun . No thanks

The 90+2
27-10-2019, 12:06 PM
Strachan would have been a better fit if Mathie didn’t get promoted.

The 90+2
27-10-2019, 12:06 PM

He’s a Hibee season ticket holder with his son.

GoalsMcGinley
27-10-2019, 12:09 PM

Biggest nonsense I’ve seen on here and there’s been loads recently!

Silky
27-10-2019, 12:46 PM
Give Strachan the job until the end of this season and then evaluate it with his personal situation and our performances.

Nah. Only to end up back at square one when we go looking for another head coach? We don't need short term appointments, we need someone who is here long term.

Waxy
27-10-2019, 02:14 PM
GS would probably halt the apathy.

The 90+2
27-10-2019, 02:19 PM
Would John Collins ever come back? Petrie's gone so that obstacle has been removed.

I hope not.

Cataplana
27-10-2019, 02:23 PM
I hope not.

I know, stupid idea.

The 90+2
27-10-2019, 02:36 PM
I know, stupid idea.

:greengrin

Godsahibby
27-10-2019, 02:54 PM
Think he would be a great appointment. Knows the game up here and has the respect of the players and will have the backing of the fans.

ScottB
27-10-2019, 03:03 PM
Exactly what we need, Mr Scots don’t have the DNA to succeed that hasn’t been a club manager in how long?

I hope the next guy is not yet another name rehashed from the past. Not Strachan, not Stubbs, not Murray.

27-10-2019, 03:11 PM
Exactly what we need, Mr Scots don’t have the DNA to succeed that hasn’t been a club manager in how long?

I hope the next guy is not yet another name rehashed from the past. Not Strachan, not Stubbs, not Murray.

Strachan did relatively well with the Scottish national team. He’s a hibs fan, gets the club and is an excellent high profile experienced manager. One comment about genetics seems to negate a successful career though. We should have went for him after Lennon but took a cheap option due to the takeover I suspect.

I’d love him at ER and we’d be top 4 easily every single season he was in charge.

JimBHibees
27-10-2019, 04:27 PM

Not sure what he said is wrong. Scots are generally smaller than other nations.

Weegreenman
27-10-2019, 04:30 PM
He’s certainly shake things up a bit. A Lenny type that hates to lose. He’ll do for me.

erin go bragh
27-10-2019, 06:03 PM
He gave a interview a few years back where he said there was only one club in Scotland he supports and that is Celtc FC.

When we played Man U in Gordon Raes testimonial ( think it was his ) Strachan had a piece inside the program,saying he was a massive Hibs fan and still had aspirations to one day play for us. He even joked ,that he hoped the Hibs players had read this and take it easy on him .
Cue Joe Tortalano to half him in the first 10 mins and get sent off .

CLASS OF 72 -73
27-10-2019, 06:05 PM
Biggest nonsense I’ve seen on here and there’s been loads recently!

Not nonsense mate but accept your opinion. I don't feel the same when one of ours moves to Rangers although respect they need to better themselves financially. Thomson has been too wax lyrical over the years with Rangers and more recently.

GoalsMcGinley
27-10-2019, 06:36 PM
Not nonsense mate but accept your opinion. I don't feel the same when one of ours moves to Rangers although respect they need to better themselves financially. Thomson has been too wax lyrical over the years with Rangers and more recently.

Maybe because he is rightly treated as a legend there? Yet for some reason a leper by some here? Ridiculous

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2019, 06:46 PM
If it was Strachan, you do know he is not restricted to signing small scots players.:wink:

Iggy Pope
27-10-2019, 06:49 PM
If it was Strachan, you do know he is not restricted to signing small scots players.:wink:

After an afternoon on the pish that is remarkably insightful..... :wink:

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2019, 07:01 PM
After an afternoon on the pish that is remarkably insightful..... :wink:

I know, a big bag of tomato and basil hummus bites should soak things up and get me right again very soon.:greengrin

Iggy Pope
27-10-2019, 07:02 PM
I know, a big bag of tomato and basil hummus bites should soak things up and get me right again very soon.:greengrin

Oooooh you trendy!

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2019, 07:04 PM
Oooooh you trendy!

:greengrin there's a first for everything.

silverhibee
27-10-2019, 07:13 PM
When we played Man U in Gordon Raes testimonial ( think it was his ) Strachan had a piece inside the program,saying he was a massive Hibs fan and still had aspirations to one day play for us. He even joked ,that he hoped the Hibs players had read this and take it easy on him .
Cue Joe Tortalano to half him in the first 10 mins and get sent off .

http://etims.net/?p=1845

franck sauzee
27-10-2019, 08:05 PM

Does my head in that Kevin Thomson is viewed like that yet Scott Brown is some sort of messiah

monktonharp
27-10-2019, 11:16 PM
Nope.:agree: he made silly remarks about his days when being an alleged Hibs supporter, a long time ago on tv. did us no favours thn, and did not wash with me making those remarks. downsised us big still , so.....nope

HendoDelivered
27-10-2019, 11:32 PM
I’d take Strachan over this clown any day of the week.

JimBHibees
28-10-2019, 05:38 AM
http://etims.net/?p=1845

Just telling them what they wanted to hear.

The Leith Dutch
28-10-2019, 06:48 AM

Whether Strachan is the man or not I'd suggest we need a big manager rather than an untested rookie.

I think there's a lot of romanticism about someone young who can get us playing slick football.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if it worked but one of the things I liked about NL (with the caveat he had to go by the end)
was his reputation as a winner who had a bit of steel to him and, for a while at least, he molded the club in that image.

If not that then at least someone who understands how a midfield works.

southsider
28-10-2019, 07:49 AM
I’d take Strachan over this clown any day of the week.

I would take Cocco the clown before Hecky the clown.

Cataplana
28-10-2019, 11:59 AM
I would take Cocco the clown before Hecky the clown.

I'd take Coco Pops before either of them.

ekhibee
28-10-2019, 12:31 PM
I'm sure there are other people on here who were, like me, at Gordon Hunter's testimonial when Strachan brought Coventry up to play us. He played for Coventry in the 1st half and Hibs in the 2nd. We won 3-2 and if I remember correctly he scored the penalty that won it for us. In an interview I was reading he said that Ron Atkinson didn't speak to him for weeks after that. In a video I saw about his career, he explained why he had never played for Hibs, it was to do with his father falling out with Eddie Turnbull over boot money, and as a result he ended up signing for Dundee. He used to get 'lifted' through the turnstiles when he was a youngster at Hibs games. He might well have come out with other stuff later on after he retired, but I've seen him at Hibs games before, with his wife. He is a Hibs fan.

truehibernian
28-10-2019, 01:25 PM

How you doing buddy ? Hope all's well with you ?

I think we need someone of that stature given the lack of character and leadership in the squad and the backroom. These players are more fragile than a kinder egg :greengrin

As for MM, he still has kudos with me given he signed my mitre football along with the other Cup Winners Cup squad in 1983 :greengrin even got a signed strip from Eric Black too :duck:and I can confirm having watched some of the 1982 World Cup Final in his house (in Aberdeen), Gordon is a Hibs fan :greengrin:aok: ......I doorstepped him as he stayed down from my uncle and bless him he invited me in and we watched some of the game and he talked about Hibs mostly - met him a few times and he's a really nice bloke. Derek may differ in his opinion mind :cb:greengrin

Baader
28-10-2019, 01:27 PM
I'm sure there are other people on here who were, like me, at Gordon Hunter's testimonial when Strachan brought Coventry up to play us. He played for Coventry in the 1st half and Hibs in the 2nd. We won 3-2 and if I remember correctly he scored the penalty that won it for us. In an interview I was reading he said that Ron Atkinson didn't speak to him for weeks after that. In a video I saw about his career, he explained why he had never played for Hibs, it was to do with his father falling out with Eddie Turnbull over boot money, and as a result he ended up signing for Dundee. He used to get 'lifted' through the turnstiles when he was a youngster at Hibs games. He might well have come out with other stuff later on after he retired, but I've seen him at Hibs games before, with his wife. He is a Hibs fan.

I met Strachan in a club on Market St a couple of nights before the Hunter testimonial game. He was brilliant and perked up when he found out these 3 guys aged about 19 and 20 around his table were all Hibbys. Was with his missus and took the time to chat to us about Hibs. Even came over to us as he was leaving to tell us he was off.

Regards ET I don't think his Dad liked the language Eddie used in front of Gordon when they were in his office looking for him to sign.

JeMeSouviens
28-10-2019, 01:38 PM

Do you have any particular reason to think that or just a feeling? He's had plenty of chances to come to Hibs before and never wanted to.

southsider
28-10-2019, 01:57 PM
There was a photo of Gordon sitting on the wall in the old North Enclosure watching Pat Stanton in the Shoot mag. From about 1971. My brother is beside him in the pic. Celtic reproduced the pic when he was Manager there. I contacted Celtic to see if they would send me a copy (even offered to pay) but they did sod all about it

guswhite1875
28-10-2019, 02:21 PM
Appoint Whittaker caretaker manager

Iggy Pope
28-10-2019, 03:13 PM
There was a photo of Gordon sitting on the wall in the old North Enclosure watching Pat Stanton in the Shoot mag. From about 1971. My brother is beside him in the pic. Celtic reproduced the pic when he was Manager there. I contacted Celtic to see if they would send me a copy (even offered to pay) but they did sod all about it

Was it in a Celtic programme? Won’t be hard to get one and reproduce the picture yourself as it sounds a cracking thing for you to have.

southsider
28-10-2019, 03:36 PM
Was it in a Celtic programme? Won’t be hard to get one and reproduce the picture yourself as it sounds a cracking thing for you to have.i

Joe6-2
28-10-2019, 03:38 PM

We know how bloody miserable they are!

southsider
28-10-2019, 03:38 PM
i

I have the prog but Celtic printed all over it totally obscuring my brother.

RossScott1991
28-10-2019, 04:03 PM
Experienced.
Knows Scottish football inside out.
Has personality and character.
Interesting to listen too and quite funny. (Beats the usual cliche nonsense spouted)
Good manager.
Ties with hibs.

Ticks every box, only 62 years old. Ideal for 2-3 seasons.

Wont happen though, sadly.

Allant1981
28-10-2019, 04:08 PM
Apart from celtic what has he done as a manager that makes anyone think he would do well here, he has either resigned or been sacked from every job he has been in, he has also been out of club football for almost 10 years

pontius pilate
28-10-2019, 04:32 PM
Apart from celtic what has he done as a manager that makes anyone think he would do well here, he has either resigned or been sacked from every job he has been in, he has also been out of club football for almost 10 years

In fairness apart from the 10 year part the same could be said about NL who is treated like the messiah by some in here in fact the same could be said about most names who people want to take over

DetroitHibs
28-10-2019, 04:34 PM
Appoint Whittaker caretaker manager

Tam McCourt as his assistant?

BILLYHIBS
28-10-2019, 04:42 PM
His pressers would be a lot more entertaining than Heckys

Q) Give us a quick word Gordon?

A) Velocity

Sammy7nil
28-10-2019, 06:58 PM

What have the Romans ever done for us :greengrin

Checkout his time at Southampton FA cup final and top half of the league despite taking over when no fancied them to stay up. Six trophies at Celtic when it was competitive.

Allant1981
28-10-2019, 07:30 PM
What have the Romans ever done for us :greengrin

Checkout his time at Southampton FA cup final and top half of the league despite taking over when no fancied them to stay up. Six trophies at Celtic when it was competitive.

He left southampton 15 years ago, where his win percentage was only about 30%, and you will notice I mentioned his time at celtic

Captain Trips
28-10-2019, 08:39 PM
He left southampton 15 years ago, where his win percentage was only about 30%, and you will notice I mentioned his time at celtic

PH left Leeds less than 2yrs ago with a worse %. All pretty much a punt Stubbs worked, some people with more experience don't sometimes. I would be more than happy to see what Strachan could do.

Sammy7nil
28-10-2019, 09:35 PM

There must have been some terrible records in the league at the time :greengrin

Most pundits had already written off their survival chances by the time of Strachan's appointment in October 2001, but he turned round their fortunes and they finished 11th in the Premier League. The Saints progressed further in 2002–03 when they finished eighth and reached the FA Cup Final, where they lost 1–0 to Arsenal. As Arsenal had already qualified for the 2003–04 UEFA Champions League, Southampton won a place in the UEFA Cup.

He did leave 15 years ago however he has been working since then :aok:

Greenworld
29-10-2019, 04:39 AM
Gordon Strachan insists his days in management are finished after taking over as Dundee's technical director.

The 62-year-old former Scotland and Celtic boss has been out of the game since leaving the national post in October 2017.

And he says he has accepted that, after more than 20 years as a manager, he will not be returning to the dugout.

"I'm quite happy with that," Strachan said. "This is best for me now to put my ideas and philosophy together."

With James McPake given the manager's job at Dens Park at the end of last season, Strachan is set to focus on the club's academy structure rather than first team matters.And I would be trying to get him to run Hibs Accademy instead of Eddie May who is not doing a good job

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Greenworld
29-10-2019, 04:44 AM
Maybe because he is rightly treated as a legend there? Yet for some reason a leper by some here? Ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkCorrect what a mentality. I would love him at Easter road ..
Stubbs and KT

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Allant1981
29-10-2019, 05:12 AM

Most pundits had already written off their survival chances by the time of Strachan's appointment in October 2001, but he turned round their fortunes and they finished 11th in the Premier League. The Saints progressed further in 2002–03 when they finished eighth and reached the FA Cup Final, where they lost 1–0 to Arsenal. As Arsenal had already qualified for the 2003–04 UEFA Champions League, Southampton won a place in the UEFA Cup.

Well done for looking at wikipedia, so he has had 1 job since leaving middlesborough and that was a national team, where you dont have to work with players every day, things have changed in football, moved on, I personally dont want someone at the club who has had no job with a club side since 2010 but you clearly do so no problem with it

JimBHibees
29-10-2019, 05:58 AM

Yep I remember he was good at Southampton also.

JimBHibees
29-10-2019, 06:00 AM

Half decent job with Scotland including good performances against teams like Poland Germany England etc. Miles away from where we are now.

JimBHibees
29-10-2019, 06:02 AM

Are there not companies that hold old programmes. Maybe you could send details of the game they may have old copy.

Brightside
29-10-2019, 06:03 AM
Gordon Strachan better be bringing a coach - his own coaching is rank rotten.

BILLYHIBS
29-10-2019, 06:04 AM
If only Eddie Turnbull had paid for his Adidas fitba bits he would probably be a HIBS legend by now :greengrin

I reckon that he is at an age and has made his money that he disnae need the grief of being a club Manager even if it is with his beloved HIBS

Allant1981
29-10-2019, 06:20 AM
Half decent job with Scotland including good performances against teams like Poland Germany England etc. Miles away from where we are now.

Day to day work at club football is completely different though, has your job changed in 10 years? I know mine certainly has and if I left for 10 years and came back into it I would think it had changed again, if he is up for it and willing to adapt then he maybe could be a good choice but I cant see it

JimBHibees
29-10-2019, 06:22 AM
Day to day work at club football is completely different though, has your job changed in 10 years? I know mine certainly has and if I left for 10 years and came back into it I would think it had changed again, if he is up for it and willing to adapt then he maybe could be a good choice but I cant see it

It isn't that long ago he was in charge at Celtic was it? In any case some of the things will have changed however fundamentally it is the same motivate players so that they give their absolute best every game they play.

Allant1981
29-10-2019, 06:25 AM
It isn't that long ago he was in charge at Celtic was it? In any case some of the things will have changed however fundamentally it is the same motivate players so that they give their absolute best every game they play.

He left celtic in 2009, you can be the best motivational speaker on the planet but if the players arent good enough then they arent good enough

LancsHibs
29-10-2019, 06:28 AM
Been hoping for GS at every managerial appointment since Bobby Williamson left and we got Mowbray (that one didn’t end up too bad!). When Secondbottom does go, which better be soon! This will probably be last chance for GS as manager. I hope we approach him and I hope he takes it.

Bishop Hibee
29-10-2019, 08:23 AM

He got Southampton to the FA Cup Final. He’d be a great replacement for the current no mark.

Allant1981
29-10-2019, 08:33 AM
He got Southampton to the FA Cup Final. He’d be a great replacement for the current no mark.

Yip he did, didnt win it though!! If you think he would be a good manager then fair enough,I personally dont

hibbie02
29-10-2019, 08:47 AM
Would love to see him come in as Manager, with a good coaching team under him.

He has the passion for Hibs, the knowledge acquired over decades at the top level and has experience of the Scottish Leagues. Imagine what he has picked up from Fergie over the years. Yes he has been sacked a few times, but so have about 99.99% of all managers.

I liked what he did with Scotland and he got the best out of a pile of ****. He wouldn't take any cr@p from the players and they would respect him.... or they would be out. I just don't believe he would take us on in our current state.

Diclonius
29-10-2019, 09:16 AM
Gordon Strachan better be bringing a coach - his own coaching is rank rotten.

At least we'll see the end of the "Derek Riordan - could he do a job for us?" threads.

JeMeSouviens
29-10-2019, 10:10 AM

He may or may not be a great replacement but not because of one cup run. Bobby Williamson won the Scottish cup. :rolleyes:

Edit: they beat Spurs in the 3rd round, then drew 4 successive lower division teams (Millwall, Norwich, Wolves and Watford) before losing to Arsenal in the final.

Sammy7nil
29-10-2019, 11:41 AM
Well done for looking at wikipedia, so he has had 1 job since leaving middlesborough and that was a national team, where you dont have to work with players every day, things have changed in football, moved on, I personally dont want someone at the club who has had no job with a club side since 2010 but you clearly do so no problem with it

Yip I would have him in a heart beat he would have instant respect from the players, (most) Fans :wink: and the media.

He left celtic in 2009, you can be the best motivational speaker on the planet but if the players arent good enough then they arent good enough

Going by your quote no manager could help as the players simply are not good enough. However if he was not able to better organise the current players to achieve better results I would be shocked and stunned and bow to your superior knowledge.

Bishop Hibee
29-10-2019, 12:56 PM
He may or may not be a great replacement but not because of one cup run. Bobby Williamson won the Scottish cup. :rolleyes:

Edit: they beat Spurs in the 3rd round, then drew 4 successive lower division teams (Millwall, Norwich, Wolves and Watford) before losing to Arsenal in the final.

Most Southampton fans regard him as a good manager. I’m on record as saying elsewhere I’d prefer Stephen Robinson or a hungry coach whose served an apprenticeship like Mowbray or Stubbs. Failing that I’d happily accept Strachan rather then the current imposter.

Allant1981
29-10-2019, 12:56 PM
Yip I would have him in a heart beat he would have instant respect from the players, (most) Fans :wink: and the media.

Going by your quote no manager could help as the players simply are not good enough. However if he was not able to better organise the current players to achieve better results I would be shocked and stunned and bow to your superior knowledge.

I never once said I had superior knowledge did I, so not sure why you are trying to be smart with your reply? If the players arent good enough then they arent good enough, it's quite simple really, we need better players, not just a better manager

JeMeSouviens
29-10-2019, 01:23 PM
Most Southampton fans regard him as a good manager. I’m on record as saying elsewhere I’d prefer Stephen Robinson or a hungry coach whose served an apprenticeship like Mowbray or Stubbs. Failing that I’d happily accept Strachan rather then the current imposter.

Yeah, me too. I was just pointing out that one cup run doesn't make a good track record.

J-C
29-10-2019, 02:30 PM
I never once said I had superior knowledge did I, so not sure why you are trying to be smart with your reply? If the players arent good enough then they arent good enough, it's quite simple really, we need better players, not just a better manager

Or a better manager to get more out of these players, they're not the worst in the league but are playing like the worst, this squad is mid table at best, should be nowhere near the bottom.

The 90+2
29-10-2019, 02:38 PM

To be fair, almost every single post you don’t agree with comes across as aggressive and smart arsed. Sammy is one of the most courteous posters on here.

We need the same better players you’ve been arsey to anyone that said isn’t good enough for months. You’ve been arsey to anyone for months who said the manager was a dud. Why not just admit we’ve been sold a pup?

Allant1981
29-10-2019, 02:57 PM
Or a better manager to get more out of these players, they're not the worst in the league but are playing like the worst, this squad is mid table at best, should be nowhere near the bottom.

Quite possibly, hopefully we find out soon, I just dont think a manager who has not been in club football for a very long time is the answer, yes he might get respect from the guys but is that going to help them take chances like the ones doidge missed for example at aberdeen? Fingers crossed it's all sorted out soon

Allant1981
29-10-2019, 02:58 PM
To be fair, almost every single post you don’t agree with comes across as aggressive and smart arsed. Sammy is one of the most courteous posters on here.

We need the same better players you’ve been arsey to anyone that said isn’t good enough for months. You’ve been arsey to anyone for months who said the manager was a dud. Why not just admit we’ve been sold a pup?

Not really shocked you commented on one of my posts, stick me on ignore

Sammy7nil
29-10-2019, 05:22 PM

Sorry for saying that I would only agree you had superior knowledge if Strachan came in and did not achieve better results than Heckingbottom. I don't understand why you think with better coach, manager and organisation the current players could not get better results :confused: playing average football we have been in front six out of eight games. I think we should and could have closed out three or four of those games.

Iggy Pope
29-10-2019, 06:18 PM
I have the prog but Celtic printed all over it totally obscuring my brother.

Sorry for the late reply but couldn’t the printers or publishers assist?

Iggy Pope
29-10-2019, 06:19 PM
At least we'll see the end of the "Derek Riordan - could he do a job for us?" threads.

Says the fellah that starts a pointless Transfer thread two months early.

Allant1981
30-10-2019, 06:39 AM
Sorry for saying that I would only agree you had superior knowledge if Strachan came in and did not achieve better results than Heckingbottom. I don't understand why you think with better coach, manager and organisation the current players could not get better results :confused: playing average football we have been in front six out of eight games. I think we should and could have closed out three or four of those games.

I just dont think the players are good enough, I backed them for long enough hoping they would improve and was slated for it but they havent, I cant see how a coach who has been out of club football for years will all of a sudden improve them, if it happens and he does then happy days

CLASS OF 72 -73
30-10-2019, 10:33 AM
Says the fellah that starts a pointless Transfer thread two months early.

Enthusiastic tbf but seems to want to start most threads

Diclonius
30-10-2019, 10:35 AM

:wink:

Barman Stanton
30-10-2019, 11:38 AM
I just dont think the players are good enough, I backed them for long enough hoping they would improve and was slated for it but they havent, I cant see how a coach who has been out of club football for years will all of a sudden improve them, if it happens and he does then happy days

So do you think we are as well just sticking with Hecky then?

GreenArmyyy!
30-10-2019, 11:58 AM
He has his faults and wouldn’t be my first choice but I wouldn’t be against a Strachan appointments turned Scotland around and actually had us playing some decent football.

Being a Hibby will always help a wee bit as well.

Allant1981
30-10-2019, 12:35 PM
So do you think we are as well just sticking with Hecky then?

Nope not any longer

Leith_Hibee
30-10-2019, 01:07 PM
I was at a Q&A session with Strachan a couple of years ago held in the Spartans club room. He was in a very open and relaxed mood as he was amongst friends. He said then that the only club job he would consider would be the Leeds job but they have never asked him.

I'd love to see someone like Strachan (or another experienced manager) with someone like Rob Jones under him to learn the ropes.

Iggy Pope
30-10-2019, 02:00 PM

Odd behaviour. Like putting up,your tree in September.
Wouldst one suggest this is the seeking of attention?

Sammy7nil
04-11-2019, 07:43 PM
I hope we at least ask him the question