PDA

View Full Version : Ian Murray Next Manager

ColintonHibs
27-10-2019, 02:04 AM
Heard it here 1st

HibeeHibernian4
27-10-2019, 02:16 AM
That would be a ****ing disaster if it were true, fortunately it’s not.

Steve20
27-10-2019, 03:51 AM
Absolutely no chance.

The club would just be driving fans away. Replacing a terrible manager with another one.

bingo70
27-10-2019, 05:44 AM
I don’t think this is true for a second but our of curiosity how is he getting on at Airdrie?

PaulSmith
27-10-2019, 05:45 AM
I don’t think this is true for a second but our of curiosity how is he getting on at Airdrie?

Their fans want him out.

Hiber-nation
27-10-2019, 06:04 AM
Their fans want him out.

That's surprising, they are doing well, in the play off places although their home record is poor.

Anyway the OP is obviously slavering.

WhileTheChief..
27-10-2019, 06:07 AM
It might be nonsense but I fear it’s the type of appointment we’ll go for next.

Pretty Boy
27-10-2019, 06:12 AM
I think I'd rather keep Heckingbottom.

WellingtonHibby
27-10-2019, 06:13 AM
Lol

MacGruber
27-10-2019, 06:19 AM
Heard it here 1st

Thanks Colinton - that cheered me up a bit. Ian Murray lol. Good one🤣

H18 SFR
27-10-2019, 07:04 AM
I commented on another thread about Ian Murray last night after hearing (apparently originating from a friend of his) that he could be part of a new management team as an assistant.

steakbake
27-10-2019, 07:25 AM
I’d sooner have Ian Murray the MP

judas
27-10-2019, 07:27 AM
That’s enough now Ian.

The Captain....
27-10-2019, 07:29 AM
A boy in my work is a season ticket holder at Airdrie and my impression is that they are as bored watching their team under Murray as we are under Hecky.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
27-10-2019, 07:33 AM
Think I will say this on every manager thread ask Gordon Strachan see if he is daft enough to take on the job.:agree:

Yorkshire HFC
27-10-2019, 07:37 AM

Exactly. People seem to think that getting rid of the manager will make everything rosy. It’s a massive gamble - how many managers have Hibs had that have been a success? Nothing is guaranteed.

B.H.F.C
27-10-2019, 07:42 AM
Exactly. People seem to think that getting rid of the manager will make everything rosy. It’s a massive gamble - how many managers have Hibs had that have been a success? Nothing is guaranteed.

That’s to do with the recruitment of a new manager, not the decision to get rid.

The risk in keeping this guy is greater than the risk of getting rid.

Yorkshire HFC
27-10-2019, 07:45 AM
That’s to do with the recruitment of a new manager, not the decision to get rid.

The risk in keeping this guy is greater than the risk of getting rid.

So getting a Butcher, Calderwood, Fenlon, Blackley, Auld, Stanton would be good? These guys were all expected to be great appointments.......

BILLYHIBS
27-10-2019, 07:51 AM
I have said on other threads it would be good to have a Manager and players on board that get HIBS and the fact that we are not just another team and that we do not sit in at ER and s##t it off the Uglies and always play with one upfront home or away and are scared to enter the final third and do not know what to do if heaven help we actually take the lead in a game and cannot see a game out

Sort it HIBS or the fans will leave in droves

The current Manager has no interaction with the fans whatsoever

B.H.F.C
27-10-2019, 07:53 AM
So getting a Butcher, Calderwood, Fenlon, Blackley, Auld, Stanton would be good? These guys were all expected to be great appointments.......

No of course it wouldn’t. We could always keep Heckingbotton given the positive results he getting eh?

Allant1981
27-10-2019, 07:55 AM
A friends son plays for airdrie and going by what they say murray is no where near ready or good enough to manage hibs

Yorkshire HFC
27-10-2019, 08:00 AM
No of course it wouldn’t. We could always keep Heckingbotton given the positive results he getting eh?

All I’m saying is there’s no guarantee that a new manager will be any better. Maybe being a football manager isn’t as easy as we think?

steakbake
27-10-2019, 08:01 AM

BILLYHIBS
27-10-2019, 08:03 AM
He wouldnae come staunch jambo

Then again maybe he would :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
27-10-2019, 08:05 AM
Judy Murray

just putting it here first

:)

B.H.F.C
27-10-2019, 08:06 AM
All I’m saying is there’s no guarantee that a new manager will be any better. Maybe being a football manager isn’t as easy as we think?

I don’t think it is an easy job but it’s their chosen profession so it’s up to them to be competent at it.

We can’t keep one guy for fear of the next guy being worse. What if the next guy turns out to be good and have the success of a Lennon or Stubbs?

Yorkshire HFC
27-10-2019, 08:11 AM
I don’t think it is an easy job but it’s their chosen profession so it’s up to them to be competent at it.

We can’t keep one guy for fear of the next guy being worse. What if the next guy turns out to be good and have the success of a Lennon or Stubbs?

I know - but who is the next guy?

If Heckingbottom was deemed the best option 6 months ago, then do we go for the person who was behind him in the queue? Or has Klopp become available?

B.H.F.C
27-10-2019, 08:17 AM
I know - but who is the next guy?

If Heckingbottom was deemed the best option 6 months ago, then do we go for the person who was behind him in the queue? Or has Klopp become available?

I don’t know who the next guy is, but I don’t get paid a six figure salary to decide these things.

The club apparently succession plan so I’m sure they will be well down the line of sorting this mess. Or will they?

Regardless, we need to bin the current manager. We’re in an absolutely terrible state. And it’s only going to get worse.

SouthMoroccoStu
27-10-2019, 08:20 AM
Judy Murray

:)

Would rather have Duncan Murray than Paul Heckingbottom

I could see Ian Murray in the management team but not as the boss

Eyrie
27-10-2019, 08:29 AM

Alternatively, how many managers have taken us backwards as quickly as Heckingbottom?

greenflyer
27-10-2019, 08:31 AM
Ian Murray and Jack Ross were together at Dumbarton for a while.

Callum_62
27-10-2019, 08:45 AM
I have said on other threads it would be good to have a Manager and players on board that get HIBS and the fact that we are not just another team and that we do not sit in at ER and s##t it off the Uglies and always play with one upfront home or away and are scared to enter the final third and do not know what to do if heaven help we actually take the lead in a game and cannot see a game out

Sort it HIBS or the fans will leave in droves

The current Manager has no interaction with the fans whatsoeverDon't agree. I always read on here about brining back ex players etc

Its nonsense, get in people who are good. Ex affiliation to Hibs should never be a pre requisite

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
27-10-2019, 08:59 AM

That would be my view also.

JimBHibees
27-10-2019, 09:00 AM
Don't agree. I always read on here about brining back ex players etc

Its nonsense, get in people who are good. Ex affiliation to Hibs should never be a pre requisite

Agree should have nothing to do with it. :greengrin

Heisenberg
27-10-2019, 09:04 AM

Good shout. Think Murray was manager and Ross was assistant at the time.

KeithTheHibby
27-10-2019, 09:10 AM
Heard it here 1st

What a frightening thought.

Callum_62
27-10-2019, 09:12 AM
Ian Murray and Jack Ross were together at Dumbarton for a while.Now that makes much more sense

Scottie
27-10-2019, 09:17 AM
What makes anyone think Ian Murray will change our current predicament ? Dosent fill me with any confidence what's so ever. Even quicker route to the Championship :rolleyes:

H18 SFR
27-10-2019, 09:36 AM

That's exactly what I heard, done coaching badges together etc.

MWHIBBIES
27-10-2019, 09:46 AM
Didn't here it here first, been linked before. It was based on nothing and was never going to happen then as well.

silverhibee
27-10-2019, 10:28 AM
Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Danderhall Hibs
27-10-2019, 11:06 AM
Is this the MP we’re talking about?

emerald green
27-10-2019, 11:14 AM
Any managerial appointment carries an element of risk.

However, the current head coach at Hibs has been a failure, and it's time to appoint someone else who can steady the ship, so to speak, and keep Hibs from falling into the Championship.

AlbertK86
27-10-2019, 02:28 PM
Jack Ross was Murray’s assistant at Dumbarton and by all accounts Ross was the one that made the team tick.

When he left Dumbarton struggled as has Murray’s managerial career ever since.

Could see Ross bringing him as an assistant if he replaces Hecky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iggy Pope
27-10-2019, 02:31 PM
That's exactly what I heard, done coaching badges together etc.

You don’t have to hear that one as it actually happened. It’s on Wiki and everything.

Cataplana
27-10-2019, 02:32 PM
I don’t know who the next guy is, but I don’t get paid a six figure salary to decide these things.

The club apparently succession plan so I’m sure they will be well down the line of sorting this mess. Or will they?

Regardless, we need to bin the current manager. We’re in an absolutely terrible state. And it’s only going to get worse.

In which case, are you in any position to say whether the current manager should stay?

As you say, you don't get paid to decide these things.

Lago
27-10-2019, 02:32 PM
It might be nonsense but I fear it’s the type of appointment we’ll go for next.

Bargin basement

The 90+2
27-10-2019, 02:34 PM
Jack Ross was Murray’s assistant at Dumbarton and by all accounts Ross was the one that made the team tick.

When he left Dumbarton struggled as has Murray’s managerial career ever since.

Could see Ross bringing him as an assistant if he replaces Hecky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He didn’t struggle at all. That’s what got him the St Mirren job. Ross with Nid would a great appointment.

B.H.F.C
27-10-2019, 02:38 PM
In which case, are you in any position to say whether the current manager should stay?

As you say, you don't get paid to decide these things.

Of course I’m in a position to say he shouldn't be there, there’s plenty evidence to support that judgement isn’t there?

Cataplana
27-10-2019, 02:43 PM
Of course I’m in a position to say he shouldn't be there, there’s plenty evidence to support that judgement isn’t there?

I would say, in this case, even his mother wouldn't say he should be given more time.

I see where you are coming from. Fans are entitled to judge results, and performance, and demand a change.

Fan power choosing a manager is rarely any good. We need look no further than Butcher.

vuefrom1875
27-10-2019, 03:02 PM
Heard it here 1st

Eh......naw.

erin go bragh
27-10-2019, 03:52 PM
I commented on another thread about Ian Murray last night after hearing (apparently originating from a friend of his) that he could be part of a new management team as an assistant.

Strachan with Boozy and Murray 🤞

madhatter
27-10-2019, 04:03 PM
Strachan with Boozy and Murray 🤞

Fans always seem to have this fascination with ex-players...never understood it. Unless they are good enough then absolutely no thanks. Talk of Strachan with Gray and McGregor as assistants as well. Ian Murray...absolute madness. New owner wants to make us more global and to grow the club from what I can tell. Having Strachan (guy who essentially said he had sort of had enough of management) does not do that.

We may need a short term thing until the end of the season but even that shouldn’t be a “has he played for Hibs or Celtic?” thing.

Weegreenman
27-10-2019, 04:29 PM
No thanks!

IberianHibernian
27-10-2019, 05:49 PM
When possible new managers are discussed , names of 3 ex St Mirren managers come up . Stubbs , Ross and now Murray . Stubbs and Murray were failures in Paisley and Ross was after leaving St M . If talking of ex St Mirren managers would Danny Lennon not be a better choice ? Won LC with St Mirren playing good football , ex Hibby , lots of experience and would be cheap ( doubt we could afford an expensive manager after compensating present management team ) .

madhatter
27-10-2019, 05:54 PM
When possible new managers are discussed , names of 3 ex St Mirren managers come up . Stubbs , Ross and now Murray . Stubbs and Murray were failures in Paisley and Ross was after leaving St M . If talking of ex St Mirren managers would Danny Lennon not be a better choice ? Won LC with St Mirren playing good football , ex Hibby , lots of experience and would be cheap ( doubt we could afford an expensive manager after compensating present management team ) .

Yes, an ex-Hibs player currently managing at a much lower level is the answer for us. In fairness to the club, the way our fans look for new managers is probably as ambitious as the club is perceived to be.

Every transfer window and every managerial appointment sets the ex-Hibs switch immediately. Fed up with it. You’d have thought that we were a very successful club as we’ve got a history of recruiting ex-Hibs players as managers...

Sadly not, we’ve been good at sacking them as they’ve rarely, if ever, been good enough.

mentalhibee
27-10-2019, 05:58 PM
Would be delighted with a combo of Ross and Murray!

judas
27-10-2019, 06:08 PM

I think you’re wrong there.

I’ve heard at least three hundred managers on here, each with a unique insight into how things should be done.

They all make it look very easy indeed, so I’m sure in must be.

IberianHibernian
27-10-2019, 10:38 PM
Would be delighted with a combo of Ross and Murray!Why ? Ross failed at Sunderland after doing well at Alloa and St Mirren ( Danny Lennon did even better at both clubs and might be available for much less money and won a cup with St M playing the Hibs way ) . ian Murray failed completely at St Mirren and left us under a cloud .

CloudSquall
27-10-2019, 10:40 PM
At least we've got a ready made name in "Ihun Murray" for when it all goes tits up.

:greengrin

HendoDelivered
27-10-2019, 11:32 PM
Please god no.

FilipinoHibs
28-10-2019, 01:17 AM

Ross took Sunderland to ply off spots this season. Hardly a failure.

Smartie
28-10-2019, 02:30 AM
Ross took Sunderland to ply off spots this season. Hardly a failure.

It was the lowest league position the club has finished in its history.

That’s not great.