PDA

View Full Version : Players

Unseen work
27-10-2019, 01:28 AM
I’m not defending Heckingbottom in anyway but, the players need to have a good look at themselves.

He can only do so much, the players need to show a lot more when the going gets tough. 2-0 up against Ross County at home with 15 minutes to go and they chuck it. There’s very little a manager can do. The sitting deep isn’t coming from him it’s the players being scared and thinking body’s behind the ball will make the difference and don’t want to get caught out or caught going forward.

We need a hell of a lot more bravery and confidence from them.

Hibs players should be standing with there chest out and have a bit of attitude and swagger about them, I’m not seeing it.

Heckingbottom is rightly taking a lot of stick and I want him gone, but the players have crumbles time and time again this season.

Rangers
Hearts
St johnstone
Hamilton
Ross County
Aberdeen

gegs70
27-10-2019, 02:46 AM
Hecky needs to put players out that he trusts. At the moment I'm not sure who vela is or if newell is good enough.

Hermit Crab
27-10-2019, 03:24 AM
This won't be popular but I think we need to get rid of the Hanlons and Stevensons and completely rebuild the team from back to front. They are no better than Heckingbottoms signings.

WestStandMoaner
27-10-2019, 05:45 AM
I’m not defending Heckingbottom in anyway but, the players need to have a good look at themselves.

He can only do so much, the players need to show a lot more when the going gets tough. 2-0 up against Ross County at home with 15 minutes to go and they chuck it. There’s very little a manager can do. The sitting deep isn’t coming from him it’s the players being scared and thinking body’s behind the ball will make the difference and don’t want to get caught out or caught going forward.

Hibs players should be standing with there chest out and have a bit of attitude and swagger about them, I’m not seeing it.

Heckingbottom is rightly taking a lot of stick and I want him gone, but the players have crumbles time and time again this season.

Rangers
Hearts
St johnstone
Hamilton
Ross County
Aberdeen

i agree about the players stepping up but Hecky sets his teams out not to get beat, sometimes the best form of defence is to attack but when you have a manager that has 11 behind the ball at corners you don't need coaching badges to work out that if you clear the ball it's coming back inviting pressure. One up front at home and starting without a winger tells me everything. The man is incapable of admitting his style of play does not work just like LD will not admit she has got this horribly wrong.

coldingham hibs
27-10-2019, 06:00 AM
This won't be popular but I think we need to get rid of the Hanlons and Stevensons and completely rebuild the team from back to front. They are no better than Heckingbottoms signings.

Neither Hanlon or Stevenson have been great this season but look at the crap that is playing in front of them. There is not a single midfielder capable of offering the defence any support and these guys are baring the brunt of it.

I thought Stevenson did okay yesterday considering Newell contributed nothing on his side of the pitch. Hanlon is losing too many physical battles.

Every time I have seen Jackson I have thought he was the best signing Heckinbottom bottom has made but he doesn’t get a game. Even when he came on he did a couple of excellent headed clearances that under normal circumstances would have seen us over the line however that doesn’t account for wooses like Murray & Vela.

bingo70
27-10-2019, 06:05 AM
Players don’t mean to play with a lack of confidence, every one of them will feel like they’re trying their best and in terms of attitude that’s all you can ask.

What we’re seeing on the pitch is a consequence of poor management and an inability to get the best out of the players he has at his disposal.

duffers
27-10-2019, 06:10 AM
Neither Hanlon or Stevenson have been great this season but look at the crap that is playing in front of them. There is not a single midfielder capable of offering the defence any support and these guys are baring the brunt of it.

I thought Stevenson did okay yesterday considering Newell contributed nothing on his side of the pitch. Hanlon is losing too many physical battles.

Every time I have seen Jackson I have thought he was the best signing Heckinbottom bottom has made but he doesn’t get a game. Even when he came on he did a couple of excellent headed clearances that under normal circumstances would have seen us over the line however that doesn’t account for wooses like Murray & Vela.

Although not spectacular, I think Halberg covers the defence alright. Most of the goals we’ve shipped since we have signed him have came after he’s been subbed.

angus hibby
27-10-2019, 06:57 AM
i agree about the players stepping up but Hecky sets his teams out not to get beat, sometimes the best form of defence is to attack but when you have a manager that has 11 behind the ball at corners you don't need coaching badges to work out that if you clear the ball it's coming back inviting pressure. One up front at home and starting without a winger tells me everything. The man is incapable of admitting his style of play does not work just like LD will not admit she has got this horribly wrong.

Man City bring everyone back at corners, so suggest you have a word with Pep about that.

PISTOL1875
27-10-2019, 10:26 AM

That should've happened when we were relegated.. However , they love the club and their best so everything in the garden is rosy.. Hanlon has to be one of the weakest captains I have ever seen in a Hibs jersey..

Start the cull with these two along with Mallan then we might finally start to move forward....

easty
27-10-2019, 10:58 AM
That should've happened when we were relegated.. However , they love the club and their best so everything in the garden is rosy.. Hanlon has to be one of the weakest captains I have ever seen in a Hibs jersey..

Start the cull with these two along with Mallan then we might finally start to move forward....

Oh aye we should’ve got rid of them when we went down...**** that Scottish cup victory. Hanlons late equaliser at tynie...meh.

Clueless

Danderhall Hibs
27-10-2019, 11:01 AM

Rangers
Hearts
St johnstone
Hamilton
Ross County
Aberdeen

Fair point. The lack of leadership is letting us down and while Gray and McGregor being injured doesn’t help we should’ve been in the market for someone with this capability as we all know they’re always injured.

Hibee Mac
27-10-2019, 11:04 AM

Don't agree RE Hanlon and Stevenson as they have proved under Stubbs and Lennon that they are up to it, just not at the minute.

I do however fully agree RE Mallan. The guy is just not up to it, ever since he joined this club and we insist on playing him in our midfield we have been on a steep downward spiral. He's not the only reason of course but have no doubt he is a part of it.

And I just don't buy the whole "he scores goals" argument either - even when he's been scoring this season what's the bloody use as he is a passenger gifting possession and territory to the other team. I want midfielders with heart and passion who will get stuck in and carry the team forward, we have no one like that in our team.

B.H.F.C
27-10-2019, 11:11 AM

Hanlon and Stevenson are the two most experienced players at the club.

There is plenty crap at the club but your senior players should be the reliable ones and driving the rest on. They’re not doing that at all. Loads said about lack of leadership and they are the two most culpable for that IMO.

cmcd
27-10-2019, 11:14 AM
Don't agree RE Hanlon and Stevenson as they have proved under Stubbs and Lennon that they are up to it, just not at the minute.

I do however fully agree RE Mallan. The guy is just not up to it, ever since he joined this club and we insist on playing him in our midfield we have been on a steep downward spiral. He's not the only reason of course but have no doubt he is a part of it.

And I just don't buy the whole "he scores goals" argument either - even when he's been scoring this season what's the bloody use as he is a passenger gifting possession and territory to the other team. I want midfielders with heart and passion who will get stuck in and carry the team forward, we have no one like that in our team.

In my opinion Mallan played well yesterday He pinged a few great cross field passes and put his self about.Yes he lost possession a few times but who didn't

PH91
27-10-2019, 11:15 AM

These guys are not captain types. Its just not their game. They are, however, good players at our level who have and would likely again play very well in a team with strong characters with them.

The manager and recruitment team should know this and should have been signing accordingly and with the intention of phasing them out the team in the next couple of years. But they have failed.

PH91
27-10-2019, 11:33 AM
I will add that for 14 months/3 transfer windows/2 managers Hibs have failed to bring in 2 good, solid midfielders to replace McGeouch and McGinn. I also think one of these players should be signed with the thought of being captain of the team.

Until this is sorted, we will continue to be p*sh. Once it is, we will be far better.

The above is not helped by continually playing mallan and allan in the same team. The manager should have the b*lls to drop one and stick with it. But he doesn't.

erin go bragh
27-10-2019, 11:57 AM

Rangers
Hearts
St johnstone
Hamilton
Ross County
Aberdeen
Disagree with the very little he could do part. .
He replaced Allan with a ch defender . Why not Shaw or Middleton.The guys a fraud and if the board don’t act soon , it’s Jim Duffy all over again ( who was sacked too late for Mcleish to save us .

Hibee Mac
27-10-2019, 12:02 PM
In my opinion Mallan played well yesterday He pinged a few great cross field passes and put his self about.Yes he lost possession a few times but who didn't

Yep, he did play a few lovely cross field passes, however, I can't help but feel we should be expecting far more from a player taking up such an important spot in our team which is yet to be filled since McGinn/McGeouch left.

I hate to think how long I'll be saying that for considering our club's inability to even try and replace them.

talcy
27-10-2019, 12:05 PM
Man City bring everyone back at corners, so suggest you have a word with Pep about that.

Because Pep has blistering pace in his team and is trying to sucker the opponents into over committing on attacking corners, leaving themselves wide open to extremely fast break away counters.

Whereas all we are doing with the players we have is inviting the opposition to pin us into our own half for extended periods before it inevitably costs us big style.

Just like the formation, it comes across as Heckingbottom persisting with what he has decided is "the way", regardless of the strengths and weaknesses of the players at his disposal - which is eventually going to cost him his job if he doesn't wise up.

CmoantheHibs
27-10-2019, 12:40 PM
If the players showed a bit of character and didn't keep throwing away late goals recently we would likely be sitting 5th and talking about finishing 3rd and qualifying for Europe. Thin margins between relative success and failure. One thing is for sure, they are letting their manager down big time.

PISTOL1875
27-10-2019, 01:18 PM
Oh aye we should’ve got rid of them when we went down...**** that Scottish cup victory. Hanlons late equaliser at tynie...meh.

Clueless

Tynecastle ?? One moment..

How about the all the dross we witnessed during the Championship years /?? Does that not count ??

Clueless yer ma

easty
27-10-2019, 01:38 PM
Tynecastle ?? One moment..

How about the all the dross we witnessed during the Championship years /?? Does that not count ??

Clueless yer ma

How do I know you talk *****?

“Yer ma”

Aye...that’s how.

Shanksaidno
27-10-2019, 01:56 PM
Lewis Stevenson looked really unhappy all game yesterday ... especially with Newall and Vela. unusual for Lewis as he usually looks like he is enjoying his game. Maybe new player cliques upsetting the dressing room. PH should be sorting that out. Also players look over coached to me ... everything is very technical and planned out eg kick outs which is not a bad thing but players have no passion of aggression to their play ... they have forgotton what the game is about!!

PISTOL1875
27-10-2019, 05:52 PM
How do I know you talk *****?

“Yer ma”

Aye...that’s how.

How about the fact he has treaded water for about 18 months now ??

You forgotten about that as well ??

PISTOL1875
27-10-2019, 05:54 PM
Lewis Stevenson looked really unhappy all game yesterday ... especially with Newall and Vela. unusual for Lewis as he usually looks like he is enjoying his game. Maybe new player cliques upsetting the dressing room. PH should be sorting that out. Also players look over coached to me ... everything is very technical and planned out eg kick outs which is not a bad thing but players have no passion of aggression to their play ... they have forgotton what the game is about!!

Lewis Stevenson needs to worry about his own perfromance rather than worrying about other players after his performances over the last few weeks..

madhatter
27-10-2019, 06:03 PM
Lewis Stevenson needs to worry about his own perfromance rather than worrying about other players after his performances over the last few weeks..

He didn’t look fit. 2nd half his stride was very laboured when running back. His screaming at the linesman was quite entertaining. Very difficult for him to perform well when Vela, and Newell especially, are like having 2 men less than the opposition. Newell can cross the ball but he’s quite possibly one of the slowest players I’ve seen in a long while. He’s a spectator on the pitch.

Summer signings are all pretty much dreadful. James, Hallberg and possibly Doidge the only ones that may prove successful. Rest are utter rubbish. Maxwell is obviously ok but only a loan and isn’t anything special.

angus hibby
27-10-2019, 09:25 PM
Disagree with the very little he could do part. .
He replaced Allan with a ch defender . Why not Shaw or Middleton.The guys a fraud and if the board don’t act soon , it’s Jim Duffy all over again ( who was sacked too late for Mcleish to save us .

On the flip side, with Brian Graham on and County chasing an equaliser, you would be expecting them to be knocking long ball after long ball into the box so can see the thinking in bringing Jackson on. And it did work to a certain extent , it was him who headed the initial cross out of the box which led to their equaliser. Murray’s poor header and Vela and Mallan’s reluctance to close down the shot is what cost us the goal. That isn’t PH’s fault.

ancient hibee
27-10-2019, 09:29 PM
On the flip side, with Brian Graham on and County chasing an equaliser, you would be expecting them to be knocking long ball after long ball into the box so can see the thinking in bringing Jackson on. And it did work to a certain extent , it was him who headed the initial cross out of the box which led to their equaliser. Murray’s poor header and Vela and Mallan’s reluctance to close down the shot is what cost us the goal. That isn’t PH’s fault.

Yes Vela and Mallan didn’t exactly put their bodies on the line did they.Particularly Vela who actually got out of the road.

Nicho87
27-10-2019, 09:32 PM
Vela
Newell
James
Doidge

How many of them would get a game for Aberdeen, dare I say it Hearts.

The answer is none.

Not good enough for them certainly not good enough for us. All dross and quality has went backwards under current manager.

SMAXXA
28-10-2019, 07:56 AM

Rangers
Hearts
St johnstone
Hamilton
Ross County
Aberdeen

Completely agree

Captain Trips
28-10-2019, 08:00 AM

Rangers
Hearts
St johnstone
Hamilton
Ross County
Aberdeen

The whole situation is a clusterf~#k, indeed many players need to have a look at themselves.

One Day Soon
28-10-2019, 08:11 AM

Rangers
Hearts
St johnstone
Hamilton
Ross County
Aberdeen

I just ****ing new the problem would be something to do with their diets.