PDA

View Full Version : Chris Maxwell

3pm
26-10-2019, 08:35 PM
Does he save any shots? :duck:

DavidDavidGray
26-10-2019, 08:37 PM
Had no chance with either goal today, hasn’t put a foot wrong since he came into the team.

Libby Hibby
26-10-2019, 08:38 PM

Nope

essexhibee
Why did Marciano get dropped?

B.H.F.C
I thought he was slow at the second. Without seeing it back.

BILLYHIBS
26-10-2019, 08:39 PM

Hello Rocky

Your cunning plan won’t work

We are currently working on Hecky :greengrin

Bob Box Fish
26-10-2019, 08:40 PM
I think he could have done better at the second goal both positioning and reaction time.

Rocky is a far better keeper.

B.H.F.C
26-10-2019, 08:42 PM

Aye.

BILLYHIBS
I thought he was slow at the second. Without seeing it back.

He was slow in getting down to a goal I saw coming about five minutes before it left the Ross County players boot

No chance!

BoomtownHibees

Have yet to see him make a save. Could he have done better at the 2nd today?

SickBoy32
26-10-2019, 08:47 PM
Was dodgy against Morton.

Has been alright since. No sure why we’re choosing a loan player ahead of our own though.

Dodgy today again

Golden Bear
26-10-2019, 08:55 PM
Very good 'keeper. Good communicator, reads the game well, is quick off his line and distributes the ball efficiently.

He thoroughly merits his place and the position of goalkeeper is not where our problems are.

B.H.F.C
26-10-2019, 08:56 PM
Very good 'keeper. Good communicator, reads the game well, is quick off his line and distributes the ball efficiently.

He thoroughly merits his place and the position of goalkeeper is not where our problems are.

Nae clean sheets though.

Leith Green
26-10-2019, 09:00 PM

I agree ... Start in the dugout and then go through every outfield position with the exception of porteous and allan before portioning blame towards the goalkeeper.

tamig
26-10-2019, 09:01 PM
Nae clean sheets though.

Rocky fair racked them up too this season right enough.

tamig
26-10-2019, 09:02 PM
I think he could have done better at the second goal both positioning and reaction time.

Was the second not deflected?

Leith Green
26-10-2019, 09:02 PM
Nae clean sheets though.

Thats what happens when you have a midfield full of slow and ponderous softies playing in front of you. It doesnt help having a striker who cannot retain possession or indeed a defence that collapse at ease.

Ozyhibby
26-10-2019, 09:08 PM
Wasn’t there today because I was too lazy to go so not offering an opinion on the goals today but Mark Oxley was the same. The clangers weren’t obvious like Zibby but he was like a sieve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
26-10-2019, 09:19 PM
I thought he should have got the second goal, it was at his side and he seemed to have that side of the goal covered, but it still got past him. I don’t mind him as a keeper, but he’s not in the same class as Rocky. He’s a back up keeper imo.

Bob Box Fish
26-10-2019, 09:19 PM
Was the second not deflected?

I’ll need to see it again. From the west upper opposite south stand, you could tell what the player was going to do before he hit the ball it looked like Maxwell was very slow at reacting.

B.H.F.C
26-10-2019, 09:21 PM
Thats what happens when you have a midfield full of slow and ponderous softies playing in front of you. It doesnt help having a striker who cannot retain possession or indeed a defence that collapse at ease.

It’s what happens when you’re a Hibs player, always someone else’s fault.

Maxwell concedes and it’s down to the defence. The defence are pish it’s because of the midfield. Flo is rubbish it’s because he doesn’t get service.

None of them are ever responsible.

B.H.F.C
26-10-2019, 09:22 PM
Rocky fair racked them up too this season right enough.

Would have Marciano every single time.

Weegreenman
26-10-2019, 09:26 PM
Let’s face it, he’s only in because Rocky has more dips than a rollercoaster!
No consistency.

coldingham hibs
26-10-2019, 09:26 PM

I’m not a fan of Maxwell, he tries to look busy scuttling about the box but in reality he saves very few shots. I am certain Marciano would have saved one if not both those shots.

JimBHibees
26-10-2019, 09:29 PM
Nae clean sheets though.

Killie in league cup

Brooster
26-10-2019, 09:31 PM
I think Maxwell has done well since coming in, Marciano was chucking them in left right and centre before being dropped. I think we have bigger things to worry about.

JimBHibees
26-10-2019, 09:32 PM
I think Maxwell has done well since coming in, Marciano was chucking them in left right and centre before being dropped. I think we have bigger things to worry about.

Absolutely

BILLYHIBS
26-10-2019, 09:32 PM
Maxwell keeps the gloves

We have bigger fish to fry

FifeHibs
26-10-2019, 09:36 PM
Maxwell is shocking.
Go back to the Morton game when he jumped over the ball for the 2nd goal.
Trys to give the impression he is busy but in reality he is a poor keeper. Never seen him pull off a save that makes me think he is genuine quality.

another Heckingbottom failure

PompeyHibs
26-10-2019, 09:38 PM
Maxwell is a solid keeper but imo Marciano is better
Marciano should be our number 1

SChibs
26-10-2019, 09:43 PM
Maxwell is shocking.
Go back to the Morton game when he jumped over the ball for the 2nd goal.
Trys to give the impression he is busy but in reality he is a poor keeper. Never seen him pull off a save that makes me think he is genuine quality.

another Heckingbottom failure

He's not shocking. Your opinion is crap

Scouse Hibee
26-10-2019, 09:45 PM

Agreed, deserves his place.

Dashing Bob S
Maxwell isn’t in Marcianos league and to have him as anything other than understudy is indicative of Heck’s loser/second rate mentality. That said Maxwell isn’t even close to being the main reason we are so piss poor.

FifeHibs
He's not shocking. Your opinion is crap

Please enlighten me

DoubleDangerous
26-10-2019, 09:49 PM
Maxwell keeps the gloves

We have bigger fish to fry

Agreed

kaimendhibs
26-10-2019, 10:04 PM
Agreed[emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

tamig
26-10-2019, 11:11 PM
Please enlighten me

Can you enlighten us as to why you labelled him a failure? The defence has looked a bit more secure since he came in. I’m sure the stats will back that up. Chris Maxwell isn’t the reason for our winless streak.

B.H.F.C
26-10-2019, 11:15 PM
Can you enlighten us as to why you labelled him a failure? The defence has looked a bit more secure since he came in. I’m sure the stats will back that up. Chris Maxwell isn’t the reason for our winless streak.

I don’t think he’s the biggest issue.

But there are a couple of goals where I’ve thought a better keeper saves. Winner in the derby and equaliser today.

Reminds me of Oxley. Not many glaring errors but not ikely to win you a game.

Daydreamer
26-10-2019, 11:17 PM
Anybody on here that thinks Maxwell is anywhere the same class as Marciano really needs to wrap it in ..

tamig
26-10-2019, 11:18 PM
I don’t think he’s the biggest issue.

But there are a couple of goals where I’ve thought a better keeper saves. Winner in the derby and equaliser today.

Reminds me of Oxley. Not many glaring errors but it likely to win you a game.
I think he’s far better than Oxley. Rocky is a far better shot stopper - one of the best in the league. I think Maxwell is better with crosses and his distribution is more consistent. Like you say though, he’s nowhere near the root of our problems.

Shrekko
26-10-2019, 11:31 PM
Maxwell is much better than Oxley and just totally different to Marciano.

The reason he’s got the gloves is that Rocky was not only shipping goals but causing uncertainty at the back. Great shot stopper but plenty weaknesses too!

Maxwell has done virtually nothing wrong.

Golden Bear
26-10-2019, 11:33 PM
Anybody on here that thinks Maxwell is anywhere the same class as Marciano really needs to wrap it in ..

You're well named!

B.H.F.C
26-10-2019, 11:40 PM
I think he’s far better than Oxley. Rocky is a far better shot stopper - one of the best in the league. I think Maxwell is better with crosses and his distribution is more consistent. Like you say though, he’s nowhere near the root of our problems.

Wasn’t really meaning a direct comparison between the two really. Just that I remember being told when Ocley was our goalie that he was steady and all that. But, IMO, he never won us games. I see Maxwell being like that. He’s not made a save to win is a game yet.

18Craig75
27-10-2019, 12:29 AM
Marciano saves the first. Simple. Another a Hecky ego trip gone wrong

LaMotta
27-10-2019, 12:38 AM
Maxwell hasnt done much wrong, BUT
..... i think Marciano would be far more likely to save both today. Marciano is an outstanding shotstopper and on his day as good as anyone in Scotland. I think he should be our number one.

Just_Jimmy
27-10-2019, 12:59 AM
Of all the things, dropping rocky is the worst thing heckingbottom has done. He is along with Scott Allen, our only top tier genuine quality player.

Porteous is getting there

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Unseen work
27-10-2019, 01:19 AM
Whilst Ofir is the better keeper we have looked a lot more solid since Maxwell came in.

Marciano was brutal before he got dropped and cost us about 6 goals.

ivan03
27-10-2019, 01:35 AM

Agree 100%.

B.H.F.C
27-10-2019, 07:19 AM
Of all the things, dropping rocky is the worst thing heckingbottom has done. He is along with Scott Allen, our only top tier genuine quality player.

Porteous is getting there

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I think he was right to take Marciano out for a couple of games because he needed a boot up the a***.

But agree, him and Allan are genuine quality at this level. Flo could be, although we can’t go on saying that forever without seeing it.

If we were to get a new manager, with everybody getting a clean slate, I think those type of guys would all be in the team and we’d set up in a way that gets the best from them.

Brightside
27-10-2019, 07:24 AM
Don’t think maxwell can be blamed for anything right now. And as much as Allan gives us offensively he provides no help when we are under pressure.

Smartie
27-10-2019, 07:27 AM
Marciano had been dreadful, he deserved to be dropped.

The last time he came back into the side in similar circumstances he went on to have a cracking run of form. Hopefully he manages to do so again this time.

Pretty Boy
27-10-2019, 07:29 AM
Both keepers have their good and bad points.

Marciano is an unbelievably good shot stopper but his distribution is awful and he causes a lot of uncertainty at the back. Maxwell is nowhere near as good a shot stopper but he's very composed, kicks well and is very sharp off his line.

In an ideal world we would have a combination of the 2 but they cost the big bucks. Whoever plays will both give something and take something else away. Of course as is always the way with football fans whichever one is not playing gets better and better by the week.

BILLYHIBS
27-10-2019, 07:38 AM

Marciano is an unbelievably good shot stopper but his distribution is awful and he causes a lot of uncertainty at the back. Maxwell is nowhere near as good a shot stopper but he's very composed, kicks well and is very sharp off his line.

In an ideal world we would have a combination of the 2 but they cost the big bucks. Whoever plays will both give something and take something else away. Of course as is always the way with football fans whichever one is not playing gets better and better by the week.

I feel happier just now with Maxwell between the sticks you get the feeling he does not have a clanger in his locker does not do anything rash talks to his defence catches the ball cleanly good with the ball at his feet I can only think of one occasion yesterday when he booted a ball out of play Will have to see the second goal again but looked to have no chance

Rocky will have to wait for his chance

As others have said new Manager new broom everyone starts with a clean slate

Carheenlea
27-10-2019, 07:48 AM
Recent stats show that with Maxwell in goal, a shot on target has a very good chance of going in. Yes, his distribution is better than Marciano, but even if a wayward clearance from Marciano results in a shot at goal from our opponents there is a decent chance he’ll save it. Rocky back as our number one keeper please for Livingston and Hampden please.

Had three to deal with yesterday - lets two in.
Had two to deal with at Hamilton - lets one in.
Had two to deal with at Aberdeen - lets one in.

BILLYHIBS
27-10-2019, 08:10 AM
Recent stats show that with Maxwell in goal, a shot on target has a very good chance of going in. Yes, his distribution is better than Marciano, but even if a wayward clearance from Marciano results in a shot at goal from our opponents there is a decent chance he’ll save it. Rocky back as our number one keeper please for Livingston and Hampden please.

Rocky got no one to blame but himself

He deserved to be dropped

It is now up to him to seize his chance when it comes

Having serious competition produced his best run of form at the club in the second part of last season

He was outstanding and made himself undroppable

500miles
27-10-2019, 08:11 AM
Don’t think maxwell can be blamed for anything right now. And as much as Allan gives us offensively he provides no help when we are under pressure.

He scored yesterday, but lost lots of cheap possession.

hibsbollah
27-10-2019, 08:21 AM

In a nutshell, you've got their attributes spot on :agree:

danhibees1875
27-10-2019, 08:22 AM
Maxwell is fine as a keeper. I probably undervalue his distribution and don't notice it - otherwise he's a steady pair of hands. I don't have as much faith in him pulling off an outstanding save that wins us points in the way that Rocky used to do every couple of games though.

Replace "Maxwell" with "Bogdan" and that was probably my opinion when Rocky was dropped last year too. He was also steady but didn't seem likely to pull off an incredible save like Rocky.

The shots:goals ratio doesn't look great for Maxwell but it's a bit flawed without accounting for the quality of the shot he's facing.

wookie70
27-10-2019, 09:40 AM

Rocky if measured the same way isn't much better and I while Maxwell may have done better with their second yesterday it is debatable whether he has made an error. Rocky looked far shakier and more easily beaten on a couple of occasions. While Rocky is capable of some amazing saves he also make routine ones look spectacular and his distribution and communication are far worse than Maxwell imo. The biggest point is we have stopped losing under Maxwell and we are not conceding as many shots on goal or goals.

Motherwell 5 to deal with lets 3 in
Killie 4 to deal with lets 2 in
St J 5 to deal with lets 2 in

MWHIBBIES
27-10-2019, 09:47 AM

Hamilton a penalty and Aberdeen a free header from a corner :faf:

The Wireless
27-10-2019, 10:01 AM
Would have Marciano every single time.
I agree and if our manager is still in this job in January we will prob see Rocky move on.

BILLYHIBS
27-10-2019, 10:08 AM

Please also factor in Rocky has played 4 league games and lost 13 goals

How many of those 13 were saveable?

I also remember him rushing out of his box to half OHalloran and being beat once again at his near post by the same player at home versus St Johnstone

As I said Rocky deserved to be dropped

SMAXXA
27-10-2019, 10:25 AM
Please also factor in Rocky has played 4 league games and lost 13 goals

How many of those 13 were saveable?

I also remember him rushing out of his box to half OHalloran and being beat once again at his near post by the same player at home versus St Johnstone

As I said Rocky deserved to be dropped

Correct

Stokesy's on fire
27-10-2019, 10:30 AM
Rocky is a first class keeper and should be between the sticks every time

Hibee Mac
27-10-2019, 10:45 AM
Marciano would have saved the second one yesterday.

That being said, Maxwell seems good at communicating and distribution and Marciano did himself no favours earlier in the season.

I would like someone at the club to look a bit longer term though, Hecky is a dead man walking yet he is actively pushing out one of our best players in Marciano. Common sense says that's a precarious position as we all want Hecky to go but we may end up losing Marciano too...

RoYO!
27-10-2019, 10:50 AM
Rocky is bigger and stronger. He’d have got to at least one. How many finger tip and strong arm saves do we see from rocky. Should be in goal imo.

Iggy Pope
27-10-2019, 02:04 PM

Selective tripe.
Porteous had the one to deal with at Aberdeen and let one in as he was bullied.
Mallan gave the penalty away at Hamilton and let one in as he is a wee crapper.
Yesterday - if we are looking at the goalie to blame there we are not looking at the other 10.

Rocky had 12 to deal with at Ibrox but the six he let in were ****ing awful.
Rocky threw a couple in v St Johnstone too lest we forget. 2nd attempt out of Roy of the Rovers.
Rocky could not kick jobbies off a dyke.

BILLYHIBS
27-10-2019, 02:08 PM
Selective tripe.
Porteous had the one to deal with at Aberdeen and let one in as he was bullied.
Yesterday - if we are looking at the goalie to blame there we are not looking at the other 10.

Rocky had 12 to deal with at Ibrox but the six he let in were ****ing awful.
Rocky threw a couple in v St Johnstone too lest we forget. 2nd attempt out of Roy of the Rovers.
😁👍🏾

CMurdoch
27-10-2019, 05:11 PM

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

A laugh at last on this miserable forum with it's miserable po faced posters

BILLYHIBS
27-10-2019, 05:13 PM
Ha Ha!

Jobbies off a dyke

Po faced

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

erin go bragh
27-10-2019, 05:48 PM
Had no chance with either goal today, hasn’t put a foot wrong since he came into the team.

I think Rocky might have saved both goals . Rocky is a good couple of inches taller than Maxwell ,which could have made all the difference.
Maxwell is a good keeper but Rocky is a class above imo .

jacomo
27-10-2019, 07:18 PM
It’s what happens when you’re a Hibs player, always someone else’s fault.

Maxwell concedes and it’s down to the defence. The defence are pish it’s because of the midfield. Flo is rubbish it’s because he doesn’t get service.

None of them are ever responsible.

None of these statements are without merit.

A football team is a unit and this one isn’t performing very well.

Joe6-2
27-10-2019, 07:22 PM
Have yet to see him make a save. Could he have done better at the 2nd today?

Yes

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2019, 07:58 PM

I agree, and i think when both on form Rocky is better. :agree:

Smartie
27-10-2019, 08:01 PM
I think Rocky might have saved both goals . Rocky is a good couple of inches taller than Maxwell ,which could have made all the difference.
Maxwell is a good keeper but Rocky is a class above imo .

Can Maxwell kick jobbies off a dyke though?

Iggy Pope
27-10-2019, 08:05 PM

Obviously.

tamig
27-10-2019, 08:07 PM

He’d kick them off the dyke straight into Seafield.

Iggy Pope
27-10-2019, 08:08 PM
He’d kick them off the dyke straight into Seafield.

Right, right.

franck sauzee
27-10-2019, 08:11 PM
Marciano is a better shot stopper no doubt but I think Maxwell is the better keeper overall and Bogdan was better than both of them. Can't believe he still doesn't have a team!

jingler1954
27-10-2019, 08:27 PM
Maxwell passed every ball from the back until ee went 2 up then reverted booting the ball up the park which gave Ross country possession most of the time. Why why why can we not play from the back and keep possession.

CMurdoch
27-10-2019, 08:33 PM
Maxwell passed every ball from the back until ee went 2 up then reverted booting the ball up the park which gave Ross country possession most of the time. Why why why can we not play from the back and keep possession.

Robert Robinson BBC "Points Of View" when i were a kid :wink:

BlackSheep
28-10-2019, 05:32 AM
After seeing the goals again on sport scene I would argue that Rocky would have saved the second goal from County. Maxwell was fingertips away... I have always been unsure of him as a goalie due to his height.

It’s not the first time I and a few friends have thought rocky would have done better for some of the goals, he has the superior height and therefor reach and he also is all round better shot stopper.

Funnily enough in cant actually remember Maxwell making any important saves so far.... anyone else?

Ray_
28-10-2019, 05:46 AM
After seeing the goals again on sport scene I would argue that Rocky would have saved the second goal from County. Maxwell was fingertips away... I have always been unsure of him as a goalie due to his height.

It’s not the first time I and a few friends have thought rocky would have done better for some of the goals, he has the superior height and therefor reach and he also is all round better shot stopper.

Funnily enough in cant actually remember Maxwell making any important saves so far.... anyone else?

My first instinct on Saturday was Rocky would have got to that, it travelled an awful long way on the ground.

BILLYHIBS
28-10-2019, 05:49 AM
My first instinct on Saturday was Rocky would have got to that.

One for the photographers behind the goals :greengrin

Probably wouldn’t have held it though

Danderhall Hibs
28-10-2019, 06:14 AM
Is being 6 feet 1 inch now too small to be a goalie?

bigwheel
28-10-2019, 06:43 AM
Maxwell is great with crosses , and his talking and distribution look good also...none of us can have much of a view on how useful he is at saving shots and headers...because he hasn’t saved much ...

Wee bit of a question mark that for me...Oxley was the same ..didn’t make many mistakes but saved little .

Rocky has single handedly won us points on a number of occasions ..I see him as a notable step up from Maxwell currently

Ozyhibby
28-10-2019, 06:58 AM
Rocky saves the second goal on Saturday in my opinion. Maxwell is a bit like Oxley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smartie
28-10-2019, 07:03 AM
The shot-stopping comments are fair, but I do think the whole defence has been more solid since Maxwell came in. It’s still not been good enough and I’m not sure how much of this is down to him or other factors but in the interests of fairness we were all over the shop defensively when Rocky was in the team.

BlackSheep
28-10-2019, 07:08 AM
The shot-stopping comments are fair, but I do think the whole defence has been more solid since Maxwell came in. It’s still not been good enough and I’m not sure how much of this is down to him or other factors but in the interests of fairness we were all over the shop defensively when Rocky was in the team.

Porteous also came in around that time, I think he has made more of a difference. Tom James also came back during that period and it led to a bit of consistency in the back 4 line up. I don’t think Rocky was to blame.

Also I’m amazed, having just double checked, that Maxwell is 6’1”.... he looks about 5’8” at most lol!!

Smartie
28-10-2019, 07:11 AM
Porteous also came in around that time, I think he has made more of a difference. Tom James also came back during that period and it led to a bit of consistency in the back 4 line up. I don’t think Rocky was to blame.

Also I’m amazed, having just double checked, that Maxwell is 6’1”.... he looks about 5’8” at most lol!!

Hallberg has also made a difference defensively from midfield.

BILLYHIBS
28-10-2019, 07:17 AM
Maxwell had lots of good blocks one on ones and saves versus Celtic though looked as though he might have done better at Christie’s header

I often wonder if Rocky might have got to Hickeys deflected effort versus Hearts as the ball spent a lot of time in the air and plenty of time for a goalie to adjust his feet and it looked as though Maxwell got fingertips on it

Anyway still Maxwell for me unless he is injured or has a meltdown

Will be interesting to see what a new Manager makes of our whole squad

Surgery in January

bigwheel
28-10-2019, 07:25 AM

Tbh. Despite my lack of saves comments - I’d agree with that ...

sean04
28-10-2019, 07:26 AM
Maxwell had lots of good blocks one on ones and saves versus Celtic though looked as though he might have done better at Christie’s header

I often wonder if Rocky might have got to Hickeys deflected effort versus Hearts as the ball spent a lot of time in the air and plenty of time for a goalie to adjust his feet and it looked as though Maxwell got fingertips on it

Surgery in January

I think rocky saves both the hearts goals

sean04
28-10-2019, 07:30 AM
I think rocky with Mcgregor and Porto in front is the best we have. Hanlon isn’t doing it at the moment, can’t seem to handle physical presence. Over the past couple of season we have been saying rocky is 1 of the best if not the best in the league. Talk of us getting a good transfer fee for him. Maxwell hasn’t done much wrong but I don’t think he’s the type of keeper who wins you points. Rocky has that special save in him

Johnny_Leith
28-10-2019, 07:36 AM
General consensus seems to be that the defence is more solid with Maxwell, but I think the introduction of porteous and is the real reason there (rocky has played 1 game with porteous this season - killie away).

We also had Stevenson missing and about 4 different right backs in the early games of the season.

Rocky will always save more than he concededs and I'm not sure of that with Maxwell, he doesn't seem as if he's got a big points saving save in him and I think there's a few goals he could have done better with but doesn't get the same abuse rocky has got this season?

Danderhall Hibs
28-10-2019, 07:40 AM
General consensus seems to be that the defence is more solid with Maxwell, but I think the introduction of porteous and is the real reason there (rocky has played 1 game with porteous this season - killie away).

We also had Stevenson missing and about 4 different right backs in the early games of the season.

Rocky will always save more than he concededs and I'm not sure of that with Maxwell, he doesn't seem as if he's got a big points saving save in him and I think there's a few goals he could have done better with but doesn't get the same abuse rocky has got this season?

Rocky rarely gets abuse - he makes some spectacular saves which gets him brownie points and makes him memorable.

Some previous goalies have been crucified for some of the goals he’s let in though while there’s barely a whisper if Rocky’s the goalie at the time.

500miles
28-10-2019, 07:40 AM

Surgery in January

Don't need major surgery. Need a competitive midfielder who gives us the steel to allow guys like Allan and Mallan to play behind two strikers.

We also might need to accept that having Allan or Mallan on the bench to replace the other after an hour is a strength, not a weakness.

SChibs
28-10-2019, 08:04 AM
Some of rockys saves can win you games but his dire kicking put pressure back on us and his seemingly poor communication with the defence could contribute to conceding goals.

Rocky is very good at this level at certain things but pretty poor at others. Swings and roundabouts a bit with him. Maxwell is just an average keeper but his ability to pass the ball out well from the back and communicate well with those in front of him edges it for me right now.

BILLYHIBS
28-10-2019, 08:09 AM
Some of rockys saves can win you games but his dire kicking put pressure back on us and his seemingly poor communication with the defence could contribute to conceding goals.

Rocky is very good at this level at certain things but pretty poor at others. Swings and roundabouts a bit with him. Maxwell is just an average keeper but his ability to pass the ball out well from the back and communicate well with those in front of him edges it for me right now.
:agree:

Peevemor
28-10-2019, 08:21 AM

That's how I see it, especially given the team's current lack of confidence.

One thing I don't understand is why, during Maxwell's first 2 games he'd obviously been told to scud the ball up to the edge of the opponents' box whenever he had the ball, but since then he's been playing short (instructions again it would seeem), even though it's maybe not the best option - we were caught out a couple of times on Saturday. Surely it'd be better to mix the 2 and keep the opposition guessing?

madhatter
28-10-2019, 08:53 AM

Question is, would Rocky have earned us a few wins in our unbeaten run? I suspect he would've got closer to Grahams shot. Problem I have with Maxwell is his height, he looks much smaller than Rocky. I know it's only about 3-4 inches difference but in a goalkeeper it is very noticeable when they stand on their line.

JimBHibees
28-10-2019, 09:23 AM

Agree with that and when Rocky was dropped it seemed like every shot was ending in our net. 2 at Motherwell I thought he should have done better with for example.

The Modfather
28-10-2019, 10:04 AM
Don't need major surgery. Need a competitive midfielder who gives us the steel to allow guys like Allan and Mallan to play behind two strikers.

We also might need to accept that having Allan or Mallan on the bench to replace the other after an hour is a strength, not a weakness.

I’d disagree that we don’t need major surgery. We desperately need pace and quality out wide. Hopefully that’s Boyle on the right hand side. We also need energy, drive, dig and athleticism in the middle. Someone like Omeonga. If we could get wingers and energy in the middle in January we might manage to limp to the end if the season and scrape into the top 6 again.

The only players I’d be happy to go into next season with from the current squad are either of the keepers, Porteous, Allan, Boyle & Kamberi. The others, wouldn’t lose any sleep in any of them moving on.

delbert
28-10-2019, 10:50 AM

Sorry but I disagree, this joker has stacked our team full of English lower league journeymen who have been well and truly found out, it’s the Fenlon cup final side all over again and that went well. The January transfer window may well come too late if the disastrous defending from a gutless back line continues but the two things that stand out an absolute mile in this dreadfully average side are the lack of a combative midfielder and perhaps more importantly, the lack of a leader on the park. Look at Saturday’s team and I defy anyone to look through that list of names and spot the guy who is going to take any game by the scruff of the neck and get us through it, there isn’t one, it’s bloody laughable !

Pilrig_Sauzee
28-10-2019, 11:31 AM
One of the few decisons PH has made that i agree with, is currently having Maxwell in goals. Poorer shotstopper than Rocky yes, but more vocal and organised and distributes the ball more accurately and quickly.

BlackSheep
28-10-2019, 11:34 AM
One of the few decisons PH has made that i agree with, is currently having Maxwell in goals. Poorer shotstopper than Rocky yes, but more vocal and organised and distributes the ball more accurately and quickly.

Not sure he is quick at distributing the ball... he always slows the game down when he gets his hands on the ball and allows the opposition to get back and face up to us.

Sammy7nil
28-10-2019, 11:48 AM
I think rocky saves both the hearts goals

Ha ha okay :greengrin

SunshineOnLeith
28-10-2019, 12:51 PM
Nothing particularly against Maxwell but Marciano is just a far better goalkeeper, he saves at least one if not both of County's goals from Saturday.

DTS
28-10-2019, 02:41 PM
Marciano is rightfully out of the team. He’s been terrible most games he’s played this season. Has Maxwell made a single mistake? Not that I can think of. Marciano was at fault for 3 potentially even 4 at ibrox and the goal against St Johnstone was pathetic

Anthony Soprano
29-10-2019, 02:54 PM
Marciano is rightfully out of the team. He’s been terrible most games he’s played this season. Has Maxwell made a single mistake? Not that I can think of. Marciano was at fault for 3 potentially even 4 at ibrox and the goal against St Johnstone was pathetic

Nonsense, if it hadn't been for Rocky at ibrox it would've been 10, our pathetic defence provided no cover for him at all

Scouse Hibee
29-10-2019, 02:58 PM
All these folk saying Marciano would have saved one or even both of the goals on Saturday have forgotten why he was dropped. He was dropped because he wasn’t making the saves or performing as expected for a keeper of his calibre. What next.......Kamberi misses a sitter and folk will say that Doidge would have scored it!

Allant1981
29-10-2019, 03:11 PM
Nonsense, if it hadn't been for Rocky at ibrox it would've been 10, our pathetic defence provided no cover for him at all

Yip he had a few cracking saves that game but he did lose a few daft goals that you would expect a keeper of his quality to save