PDA

View Full Version : There are no heads in the sand in the Boardroom at Easter Road...

Scotty Leither
26-10-2019, 07:49 PM
...at least that's what a Hibs' Director told me when I challenged him with that assertion outside the West Stand post-match.

Oh, and I also that I had "no evidence" to back that claim up.

So we can go to our beds tonight safe in the knowledge that our club is in good hands, ladies and gentlemen.

Jones28
26-10-2019, 07:49 PM
Who was it?

tamig
26-10-2019, 07:50 PM
...at least that's what a Hibs' Director told me when I challenged him with that assertion outside the West Stand post-match.

So we can go to our beds tonight safe in the knowledge that our club is in good hands, ladies and gentlemen.
You need to get yourself up as a fans rep Scotty. You could make a difference.

bigwheel
26-10-2019, 07:52 PM

That could mean they are also very concerned...not necessarily a bad response

it’s easy to sack a manager...last time we did it , we ended up relegated from a better position than we are today..

I have no doubt they will be considering every possible option currently ..but they are right not to knee jerk unless they have a better way forward ...

Bob Box Fish
26-10-2019, 07:53 PM
The last correspondence from Dempster was that we had a really good transfer window. She’s not sacked Hecky so she’s satisfied with his performance as manager.

emerald green
26-10-2019, 07:54 PM
All the evidence he needs is there on the pitch nearly every week since about the time of the top six/bottom six split last season.

If the Board doesn't have its head in the sand, why the silence and inaction? Maybe our fans reps can find out?

we are hibs
26-10-2019, 07:55 PM

it’s easy to sack a manager...last time we did it , we ended up relegated from a better position than we are today..

I have no doubt they will be considering every possible option currently ..but they are right not to knee jerk unless they have a better way forward ...

If they havent got a better way forward they shouldnt be at the club. Theyve had months to prepare and seek out potential replacements as hes been riding his luck since ibrox.

Fife-Hibee
26-10-2019, 07:56 PM
Their heads are in the balance sheets. It's the only performance they're concerned about.

bigwheel
26-10-2019, 07:58 PM
If they havent got a better way forward they shouldnt be at the club. Theyve had months to prepare and seek out potential replacements as hes been riding his luck since ibrox.

You think they should have booted him after our first defeat of the season ? Think it was 2-1 with 15 minutes to go ...

Scotty Leither

Your first point is correct, but when I suggested we're headed for relegation he didn't want to know and walked off with a dismissive shake of his hand.

I guess that's what passes for "communication" at Easter Road these days...and before anyone suggests e-mailing the club to express concerns they just routinely ignore it.

Baldy Foghorn
Who was it?

My guess. Mr Houston

bigwheel
26-10-2019, 08:00 PM
Your first point is correct, but when I suggested we're headed for relegation he didn't want to know and walked off with a dismissive shake of his hand.

I guess that's what passes for "communication" at Easter Road these days...and before anyone suggests e-mailing the club to express concerns they just routinely ignore it.

he can’t actively agree with you ...that would be an altogether bigger thread on here...and in the press ...

They will be very concerned ...impossible not to be

Is It On....
26-10-2019, 08:00 PM
The last correspondence from Dempster was that we had a really good transfer window. She’s not sacked Hecky so she’s satisfied with his performance as manager.

Saying there was nothing wrong with the transfer window [Newall excluded] doesn't mean their isn't a problem with the management of those players..

Scotty Leither
26-10-2019, 08:01 PM
My guess. Mr Houston

I think it was him, BH. I normally wouldn't share any communication I have with the club, whether that's through e-mail communications or private conversations, but i'm making an exception here.

Baldy Foghorn
26-10-2019, 08:02 PM
I think it was him, BH. I normally wouldn't share any communication I have with the club, whether that's through e-mail communications or private conversations, but i'm making an exception here.

Same man who shrugged shoulders after Hertz game when I asked how long we were going to suffer

Crab apple
26-10-2019, 08:04 PM
Talk is cheap. Relegation is expensive. The board have had plenty time to act and I don’t expect them to make any moves to replace PH any time soon. As we’re second bottom and without a league win since 4th August we’re already in a perilous position but sticking with PH is almost certainly going to see us relegated.

we are hibs
26-10-2019, 08:04 PM
You think they should have booted him after our first defeat of the season ? Think it was 2-1 with 15 minutes to go ...

I didnt say that. I said hes been riding his luck since then. How he survived the derby is scandelous.

Jones28
26-10-2019, 08:05 PM

You’ve no reason to hide your info mate, I was just curious as to who was blind to the issues and who wasn’t.

Thanks for sharing.

makaveli1875
My guess. Mr Houston

Houston we have a problem

Weegreenman
Bums on seats is the only thing they understand. My big bum won’t be taking up its usual seat for the foreseeable.

Hermit Crab
Same man who shrugged shoulders after Hertz game when I asked how long we were going to suffer

He needs to GTF as well. Mega changes required.

madhatter
26-10-2019, 08:06 PM
Hope I’m not the only one fed up with everything Hibs...club stance on everything at the moment seems backwards. Arms length to the fans once more. They want happy clappers only.

Jones28
26-10-2019, 08:08 PM
Hope I’m not the only one fed up with everything Hibs...club stance on everything at the moment seems backwards. Arms length to the fans once more. They want happy clappers only.

I’m in the same boring boat. Smoke and mirrors for the fans, blinkered propaganda pish is all we will hear from the club for the foreseeable.

HibeeHibernian4
26-10-2019, 08:09 PM
What was the board director going to say “aye you’re spot on mate, none of us have a clue what we’re doing.”?

Fergos
26-10-2019, 08:11 PM
Their heads are very much in the sand until they act decisively.

The board at this moment in time are incompetent.

GGTTH

26-10-2019, 08:11 PM
Wtf do people expect a director to say?

Jones28
26-10-2019, 08:12 PM
What was the board director going to say “aye you’re spot on mate, none of us have a clue what we’re doing.”?

He could have had a reasoned discussion instead of instantly going in the defensive and accusing a paying fan of having no evidence of a claim? Doesn’t exactly reek of having confidence in your handling of a situation.

bigwheel
26-10-2019, 08:14 PM
I didnt say that. I said hes been riding his luck since then. How he survived the derby is scandelous.

Fair enough. But that is in hindsight ....I’m sure they expected us to go and win the last two games. I suspect those will have changed their mindset significantly......

Fife-Hibee
26-10-2019, 08:15 PM

Anything that doesn't alienate their wage holders would be a good start.

hfc rd
26-10-2019, 08:18 PM
The silence from the board is deafening

How they can still back Heckinbottom as manager is just getting way beyond a joke. If I was performing as inept in my job as Heckinbottom is in his, I’d be getting handed my P45.

SickBoy32
26-10-2019, 08:55 PM
Get rid of PH now, or continue to be negligent in their roles.

Over to the board.

chrisski33
26-10-2019, 09:14 PM
Dunno what u expected him to say tbh?

Dashing Bob S
26-10-2019, 09:42 PM
Whatever they do now they have messed up monumentally. Had they sacked him after the derby they could have got a decent, imaginative long term appointment who might have motivated and organized the existing squad and augmented it with a couple of decent signings in January.

Now they’ve failed to be decisive and we’re in a relegation battle. So we need a short term blood and thunder guy to instill the fight needed to keep us up. It probably won’t be pretty and won’t encourage much ST purchasing in the summer.

By failing to act decisively I’d argue that the board have already condemned us to a cycle of decline.

Deansy
26-10-2019, 09:51 PM
The silence from the board is deafening

How they can still back Heckinbottom as manager is just getting way beyond a joke. If I was performing as inept in my job as Heckinbottom is in his, I’d be getting handed my P45.

Obviously Ron Gordon must have asked Rod for advice on how to communicate with the fans ....................

Tom Hart RIP
26-10-2019, 10:01 PM
I (politely) suggested to Fife Highland that Colin Calderwood was a disaster and pointed out that the crowds had dropped by around 2-3000 since his arrival. I suggested that the directors were out of touch with the fans.
He said he was in the Behind the Goals every match day so he knew more about what the fans thought than me and insisted that the fans were totally behind CC and nobody forced me to buy a season ticket.
I phoned the shop and asked them to rip my applications (me and my son) and haven’t had one since.
I still go to all home games although my son gave up and does other things.
Best thing Hibs ever did was to get rid of him. IMO.

kaimendhibs
26-10-2019, 10:03 PM
You think they should have booted him after our first defeat of the season ? Think it was 2-1 with 15 minutes to go ...Respect mate. But in hindsight....

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

mcfly
26-10-2019, 10:06 PM
The hibs AGM will be very soon.

They will act before then. If not I’d expect a very uncomfortable evening

oldbutdim
26-10-2019, 11:42 PM
Their heads are in the balance sheets. It's the only performance they're concerned about.

That's just silly.
They want the best for the club, same as every Hibs fan.

Exactly. The Directors are always going to 'talk it up' as that s exactly what they would be expected to do.

Anything that doesn't alienate their wage holders would be a good start.
Wage holders?
They (mainly) don't get paid if that's your point

Me too.

bigwheel
27-10-2019, 05:15 AM
Respect mate. But in hindsight....

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Can’t argue with that ...

Onion
27-10-2019, 06:49 AM
This is where we see the flip side of supporting the club with so many STs. They have our money, they've wasted our money and we can't take it back. If Hibs had to rely on walk-ups, you'd see 7k crowds and Hecky out the door in a flash. Yesterday was painful, not just the result but Hibs performance over the whole 90 mins. It was dull, slow , negative and poor quality. There's no way I'd pay good money to watch that again.

Barney McGrew
27-10-2019, 07:00 AM
I’m going to stick my neck out here, but I think if the much maligned Rodrick Petrie Esq. was still at the helm, Hecky would have been punted by now.

marinello59
27-10-2019, 07:08 AM
I’m going to stick my neck out here, but I think if the much maligned Rodrick Petrie Esq. was still at the helm, Hecky would have been punted by now.

I’d agree.

southsider
27-10-2019, 07:23 AM
As a shareholder can I bring about can I ask for a no confidence vote in our head coach ? If so, will anybody be my seconder ?

Forza Fred
27-10-2019, 07:25 AM
I don’t think for one minute that the Board have their heads in the sand.
I think they are only too aware of our problems, and are doing as any board would do, and giving the manager what they see as a reasonable time to put things right.

I think if we (a) get beat by Livi in midweek and/or

(B) drop below St Johnstone to bottom place

then Hecky will immediately be given his jotters.

Yet another draw though, may extend the agony, but the decision not to sack him if this happens, will again, be marginal.

southsider
27-10-2019, 07:30 AM
I think they are only too aware of our problems, and are doing as any board would do, and giving the manager what they see as a reasonable time to put things right.

Yet another draw though, may extend the agony, but the decision not to sack him if this happens, will again, be marginal.
I would say 80 percent of the fans want him gone.

B.H.F.C
27-10-2019, 07:33 AM
I would say 80 percent of the fans want him gone.

I’d say more than that. I don’t know a single person who wants him to stay.

hibsbollah
27-10-2019, 07:38 AM
Im struggling to think of a situation where anyone WOULD state that they had their own 'head in the sand'. Unless it wasn't a metaphor and they had accidentally landed head first in Portobello beach and wanted rescued.

Danderhall Hibs
27-10-2019, 07:39 AM
I’d say more than that. I don’t know a single person who wants him to stay.

I reckon that even those that aren’t vocal would struggle to give a reason for him to stay now.

Sammy7nil
27-10-2019, 07:57 AM
He could have had a reasoned discussion instead of instantly going in the defensive and accusing a paying fan of having no evidence of a claim? Doesn’t exactly reek of having confidence in your handling of a situation.

He is right though we have no evidence of what the board are or have discussed. They may be taking action we don't know anything about, YET :confused:

Onion
27-10-2019, 08:07 AM

Thanks for playing. He has a 1 win in 15 record and survived a P45 Derby loss to the worst Hearts team in decades so who knows ? Now just fascinating and laughable how long the Hibs Board will tolerate this ?

CentreLine
27-10-2019, 08:12 AM
That's just silly.
They want the best for the club, same as every Hibs fan.

Exactly. The Directors are always going to 'talk it up' as that s exactly what they would be expected to do.

Wage holders?
They (mainly) don't get paid if that's your point

Me too.

Spot on. It is amazing that a fan would expect a director to be unguarded about club business, especially with random comment, post match. When dealing with employment situations it is way too delicate a subject for that situation.

It sounds like the original poster is unsure as to which director they were taking to and yet we are already seeing posts berating Brian Houston. In fact, can we be sure it was a director at all?

People have every right to be annoyed at how our club is performing right now, I certainly am, but let’s not allow that to turn in to some kind of witch hunt against people who have the best interests of our club at heart.

I look forward to the AGM where perhaps some clarity will be possible.

The Captain....
27-10-2019, 08:24 AM
Almost no point In whatever a random director says ( even if he does come across like an arrogant ********).its Dempster and Ron who will influence any change. The rest will fall into line and do what they are told like good little sycophants.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Onion
27-10-2019, 08:27 AM
Spot on. It is amazing that a fan would expect a director to be unguarded about club business, especially with random comment, post match. When dealing with employment situations it is way too delicate a subject for that situation.

It sounds like the original poster is unsure as to which director they were taking to and yet we are already seeing posts berating Brian Houston. In fact, can we be sure it was a director at all?

People have every right to be annoyed at how our club is performing right now, I certainly am, but let’s not allow that to turn in to some kind of witch hunt against people who have the best interests of our club at heart.

Exactly, there's proper process to follow and we've not even reached the "complete confidence in the manager" yet :wink: Long. long way to go yet.

Baldy Foghorn
27-10-2019, 08:33 AM

Really?

Pretty Boy
27-10-2019, 08:33 AM
I spoke to a board member as we hurtled towards relegation under Butcher. He told me I was stupid if I didn't believe they were hurting as much as I was and that I needed to calm down as everything would work out OK......

Fwiw I'm not sure there is much they can say publicly to supporters in such situations. If they start mouthing off slating the manager and team then folk would have a field day with that as well. Talk is cheap anyway, it's time to act.

Baldy Foghorn
27-10-2019, 08:59 AM
I spoke to a board member as we hurtled towards relegation under Butcher. He told me I was stupid if I didn't believe they were hurting as much as I was and that I needed to calm down as everything would work out OK......

Fwiw I'm not sure there is much they can say publicly to supporters in such situations. If they start mouthing off slating the manager and team then folk would have a field day with that as well. Talk is cheap anyway, it's time to act.

Same happened to me when Lex Gold was here.....Hurting as much as us, I don't think they are, the can act, but allowing this charade to play out

jacomo
27-10-2019, 09:04 AM

I think she may well have revised her opinion since then.

southern hibby
27-10-2019, 09:25 AM
Will be away after the semi final by mutual agreement irrespective of the Livi and Celtic scores.

However before before anyone gets their hopes up that could be 1-2 years after those results due to the board desperately hanging on to the hope he’ll turn things around.

GGTTH

Halmyre Hibee
27-10-2019, 10:34 AM

I was amazed that during the first half of the game yesterday the scoreboard was advertising Xmas party rather than the score / minutes played. No problem with this out with the game pre / post match or half time but just didn’t sit right with me.

Hibbyradge
27-10-2019, 10:41 AM
Obviously Ron Gordon must have asked Rod for advice on how to communicate with the fans ....................

Does RG attend Behind the Goals before matches too?

hibeejeebies
27-10-2019, 10:47 AM
I was amazed that during the first half of the game yesterday the scoreboard was advertising Xmas party rather than the score / minutes played. No problem with this out with the game pre / post match or half time but just didn’t sit right with me.

But it got your attention no?

Maybe we've turned the corner with our marketing 😁

Hibbyradge
27-10-2019, 10:53 AM

:hilarious

Seriously?

wookie70
27-10-2019, 10:55 AM

and did you have any evidence.

snedzuk
27-10-2019, 11:02 AM

The scoreboard was broken during the first half yesterday - also showed 01 minutes played for about 30 minutes. The turnstiles (west lower / FF end) werent working (again) - two guys in front of me didnt get through and my ticket took 4 attempts to scan. The ticket office wasnt open at full time (maybe it opened a bit later - after folk had gone!!).

The clubs also adopted some sort of sophisticated torture method (not the team) to torment its paying customers by playing various electronic buzzing sounds over the tannoy during the whole game - a low pitched buzzing yesterday and a high pitched white noise against Celtc.

Oh, and the bins in the FF lower concourse must have had a poor game against Celtc because they had been dropped for yesterday as well.

IWasThere2016
27-10-2019, 11:05 AM

This. He will go soon. I've no doubt.

Hibbyradge
27-10-2019, 11:07 AM

Did you arrange to meet with him or did you just ambush him angrily in the street? You said that you "challenged him outside the West Stand" so I assume it was the latter.

Telling someone that they've got their head in the sand is always going to generate a defensive response or be ignored.

What was the point in saying that? :dunno:

Did you expect him to agree? You might as well have asked him if he's stopped beating his wife because there's no good answer to either question.

Finally, what's the purpose of running straight to the forum to tell us what the bad man said?

Sioux
27-10-2019, 11:17 AM
Did you arrange to meet with him or did you just ambush him angrily in the street? You said that you "challenged him outside the West Stand" so I assume it was the latter.

Telling someone that they've got their head in the sand is always going to generate a defensive response or be ignored.

What was the point in saying that? :dunno:

Did you expect him to agree? You might as well have asked him if he's stopped beating his wife because there's no good answer to either question.

Finally, what's the purpose of running straight to the forum to tell us what the bad man said?

'Look at me, look at me?

Box 17
27-10-2019, 11:27 AM
The board will be weighing up a whole range of factors.

As well as the negatives of league position, performances, signings etc, they will also consider that after a poor start to the season and several bad defeats, we have now gone 5 games unbeaten and in a cup semi-final and that they may believe we have slowly turned the corner.

They have a difficult decision to make and my guess is he'll get more time.

Just_Jimmy
27-10-2019, 11:38 AM
The board will be weighing up a whole range of factors.

As well as the negatives of league position, performances, signings etc, they will also consider that after a poor start to the season and several bad defeats, we have now gone 5 games unbeaten and in a cup semi-final and that they may believe we have slowly turned the corner.

They have a difficult decision to make and my guess is he'll get more time.We've chucked away leads in the last 2 games. One from 2 up with 30 to go at home.

I can't even be bothered with typing the other stuff. It's utter dross and he can gtf.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Scotty Leither
27-10-2019, 11:39 AM
'Look at me, look at me?

See the earlier posts gentlemen/ladies:

The irony is I wouldn't have put this post up if it wasn't for Mister Houston's dismissive demeanour when I initially asked him how long they're going to give the manager; maybe this is just his way though, who knows?

It just struck me that his attitude when a fan has dared to ask him a valid question is indicative of how the Board are operating at the moment by indulging a manager who is piloting this club into a relegation battle, and I thought it worthy of debate, that's all.

Scotty Leither
27-10-2019, 11:41 AM
and did you have any evidence.

Other than the league table, No.

silverhibee
27-10-2019, 11:46 AM
I’d agree.

I don't, if Leeann hadn't come in when she did Petrie wouldn't have sacked Butcher after us being relegated.

green day
27-10-2019, 12:13 PM
We've chucked away leads in the last 2 games. One from 2 up with 30 to go at home.

I can't even be bothered with typing the other stuff. It's utter dross and he can gtf.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

6 times in 10 matches we have been ahead and chucked it.

This is nothing personal, I just dont think he has a clue -

In the Hearts match Levein switched Hicky and it had a big impact.

Yesterday, County brought on 3 attacking players when they went 2 nil down and we saw how that panned out.

In both cases our management team didnt react. That, repeated, lack of a plan B to me should be an instant sacking, never mind the crap results and crap football.

wookie70
27-10-2019, 01:42 PM
Other than the league table, No.

The league table is no evidence of the board having their head in the stand though is it. Heck may have been given some sort of target or improvement plan that is still possible to be successful with. I would hope that was the case as 11th is not acceptable but we are only a couple of good results away from being much higher. It is a risk with possible huge expense sacking him, enough to influence delay perhaps, with no guarantee of us improving and then the chance that you have to get shot of a replacement too. There is also the history of us replacing poor managers. It doesn't always lead to improvement and sometimes like Butcher and Calderwood can rub salt in the wounds. I might be one of the few that thinks the board not acting yet is probably correct but it can't go on much longer.

I think you answered my question indirectly though. You have no evidence of the board burying their heads in the sand.

southotheborder
27-10-2019, 02:08 PM

Back in 2011, when Fife Hyland (remember him?) wrote to me and my brother begging us to renew our season tickets during the Calderwood fiasco, we sent him a reply that included the following:

“Thanks for your letters of 28 July, thanking us (who have sat together in the East Stand for many seasons) for our commitment. That’s certainly a quality that can’t be questioned. We’ve been fans of the Club since the 1960’s, and have experienced all the highs and lows that go with that commitment. We’ve seen players, managers, owners, and Directors come and go, and we’re still there. What other business has the privilege of that kind of brand loyalty? It defies all logic and business sense............You admit that last season was “bitterly disappointing”..................There must be few businesses who can admit that their product has been rubbish recently, but make emotional appeals to the customer to come back for more. In most businesses, if the product’s rubbish, and you even admit it, your business goes down the pan. Gerald Ratner found that out twenty years ago.

So the answer’s easy – put an entertaining, competitive, winning team on the park, and the punters, including us, will be back for more. Somebody said to us a while back “Being a Hibby’s all about the past”. As fans who were privileged to enjoy the era of Turnbull’ s Tornadoes, and more recently the side that dished out the 6-2 lesson to the Jambos, we know what the guy meant. What you and your fellow Directors need to do is make the fans feel that there’s a present and a future that will equal the best of the past. We have an excellent stadium and an enviable training facility. Now we need to make those investments pay on the park.”

What goes around comes around. You do wonder who the mugs are in this whole football "business"......................

JimBHibees
27-10-2019, 02:32 PM

Not exactly sure how you expected him to respond in that instance.

hibby6270
27-10-2019, 02:38 PM
Radical suggested solution.

Let’s get the dream team of BoJo and Farage in as joint managers.
Then we can all just BELIEVE and GET ‘IT’ DONE!!
Sorted!!

Iain G
27-10-2019, 03:02 PM
See the earlier posts gentlemen/ladies:

The irony is I wouldn't have put this post up if it wasn't for Mister Houston's dismissive demeanour when I initially asked him how long they're going to give the manager; maybe this is just his way though, who knows?

It just struck me that his attitude when a fan has dared to ask him a valid question is indicative of how the Board are operating at the moment by indulging a manager who is piloting this club into a relegation battle, and I thought it worthy of debate, that's all.

Well it depends how you approached him, what he was doing at the time and how you phrased your question as to how and why he immediately responded as he did.

If you ran up to him demanding answers, for example, I would expect him to be defensive and on the back foot!

basehibby
27-10-2019, 03:12 PM
All the evidence he needs is there on the pitch nearly every week since about the time of the top six/bottom six split last season.

If the Board doesn't have its head in the sand, why the silence and inaction? Maybe our fans reps can find out?

I think the board are keeping their cards close to their chest precisely BECAUSE they are concerned at the manager's performance.
If they do make a statement then what do they say then?

State that the manager is on his last chance and thereby place more pressure on his shoulders?
Pretend that everything in the garden is rosy despite all evidence to the contrary?

Given the above choices it's hardly surprising that they are choosing to stay tight lipped for the time being.

Lago
27-10-2019, 03:25 PM
I think she may well have revised her opinion since then.

Be interesting to see if she breaks her vow of silence to let us know.

Baldy Foghorn
27-10-2019, 03:28 PM
Not exactly sure how you expected him to respond in that instance.

Expected him to open his mouth, at least show a bit of passion

Baldy Foghorn
27-10-2019, 03:40 PM
There are good supporters rightly asking the custodians questions. Not to be aggressive or awkward but to find out some answers to our current situation, which can only be seen now as crisis point

wookie70
27-10-2019, 03:53 PM
There are good supporters rightly asking the custodians questions. Not to be aggressive or awkward but to find out some answers to our current situation, which can only be seen now as crisis point

There is no question reported in this thread. There was an assertion made according to the OP. It was done in a challenging fashion and out of the blue. I think a reasonable question is understandable I'm not so sure trying to put words in the mouths of directors or shouting at them and running away(reported in another thread) is really asking custodians questions. It is venting frustration. Understandable maybe, but not really productive or helpful and usually about those venting rather than the subject.

I'm sure those shareholders attending the AGM will be able to ask the custodians questions. I hope it is done in a reasonable manner as there are answers required about why signings have been poor since Lennon and what expectations does Heckingbottom have to perform to. Ron set a bar but we need the timescale and how forgiving he will be towards those with a part in performance on the field while we are getting to that goal.

Baldy Foghorn
27-10-2019, 04:00 PM
There is no question reported in this thread. There was an assertion made according to the OP. It was done in a challenging fashion and out of the blue. I think a reasonable question is understandable I'm not so sure trying to put words in the mouths of directors or shouting at them and running away(reported in another thread) is really asking custodians questions. It is venting frustration. Understandable maybe, but not really productive or helpful and usually about those venting rather than the subject.

I'm sure those shareholders attending the AGM will be able to ask the custodians questions. I hope it is done in a reasonable manner as there are answers required about why signings have been poor since Lennon and what expectations does Heckingbottom have to perform to. Ron set a bar but we need the timescale and how forgiving he will be towards those with a part in performance on the field while we are getting to that goal.

I want the AGM to be announced soon as we all have so many questions. Whether they are answered is another matter

emerald green
27-10-2019, 06:02 PM
I think the board are keeping their cards close to their chest precisely BECAUSE they are concerned at the manager's performance.
If they do make a statement then what do they say then?

State that the manager is on his last chance and thereby place more pressure on his shoulders?
Pretend that everything in the garden is rosy despite all evidence to the contrary?

Given the above choices it's hardly surprising that they are choosing to stay tight lipped for the time being.

If they do make a statement, then what they say is the head coach and his assistant are being relieved of their duties, and wish them all the very best for the future.

Heck's appointment is not working, the club is heading for relegation, and they have to act swiftly now IMHO.

If Hibs win their next three or four matches I would be amazed. Lose/draw them, then the club is in deep s*** going into an extremely difficult run of fixtures in December.

bingo70
27-10-2019, 06:15 PM
FWIW I’d expect someone at Director level to be able to have a reasonable conversation with an angry ‘customer’ without being disrespectful, even if the fan was out of order (I’ve no idea if they were or not but that seems to be the defence of the guy here)

Are club directors paid employees of the club?

Hibbyradge
27-10-2019, 06:17 PM
FWIW I’d expect someone at Director level to be able to have a reasonable conversation with an angry ‘customer’ without being disrespectful, even if the fan was out of order (I’ve no idea if they were or not but that seems to be the defence of the guy here)

Was the director disrespectful?

basehibby
27-10-2019, 06:30 PM
If they do make a statement, then what they say is the head coach and his assistant are being relieved of their duties, and wish them all the very best for the future.

Heck's appointment is not working, the club is heading for relegation, and they have to act swiftly now IMHO.

If Hibs win their next three or four matches I would be amazed. Lose/draw them, then the club is in deep s*** going into an extremely difficult run of fixtures in December.

I totally agree - but until such time as they make that statement there's little point in saying anything

bingo70
27-10-2019, 06:32 PM
Was the director disrespectful?

I thought that’s what this thread was about?

Hibbyradge
27-10-2019, 06:32 PM
I thought that’s what this thread was about?

There's nothing in the OP to suggest disrespect, is there?

bingo70
27-10-2019, 06:36 PM
There's nothing in the OP to suggest disrespect, is there?

Doesn’t use those words but that’s the tone of the thread that I’ve got?

Apologies to all concerned if I’ve got that wrong.

Glory Lurker
27-10-2019, 06:37 PM
What the hell are we doing having sand in the boardroom, anyway, with or without heads in it?

Petrie!!!! :grr:

Baldy Foghorn
27-10-2019, 06:38 PM

Director involved is non-exec, no salary

emerald green
27-10-2019, 07:25 PM
I totally agree - but until such time as they make that statement there's little point in saying anything

I agree with that, but what I'm trying to say is the Board need to make that statement very soon. Not at Christmas for example.

I don't like seeing anyone getting the sack, but presumably Heck and anyone else who is dismissed will receive some form of compensation? That said, the good of the club has to take precedence.

PatHead
27-10-2019, 07:42 PM
There is a board meeting on Tuesday. Ron is here as of tomorrow. With any luck he will be gone by Tuesday night.

And that is a happy clapper posting.

PatHead
27-10-2019, 07:44 PM
I agree with that, but what I'm trying to say is the Board need to make that statement very soon. Not at Christmas for example.

I don't like seeing anyone getting the sack, but presumably Heck and anyone else who is dismissed will receive some form of compensation? That said, the good of the club has to take precedence.

His compensation would be covered by the higher prize money received from a top six finish another manager could provide.

matty_f
27-10-2019, 07:52 PM

Some are paid, Brian Houston, who is mentioned in the thread, isn't paid - he's a non-executive director.

Fwiw, I'm not sure if the OP is known to the board already, but given how openly hostile he has been to the current and previous board members, if they do know him I'm not surprised they don't have much time for him as they'll be very clear that the feeling is mutual.

27-10-2019, 07:55 PM
Back in 2011, when Fife Hyland (remember him?) wrote to me and my brother begging us to renew our season tickets during the Calderwood fiasco, we sent him a reply that included the following:

“Thanks for your letters of 28 July, thanking us (who have sat together in the East Stand for many seasons) for our commitment. That’s certainly a quality that can’t be questioned. We’ve been fans of the Club since the 1960’s, and have experienced all the highs and lows that go with that commitment. We’ve seen players, managers, owners, and Directors come and go, and we’re still there. What other business has the privilege of that kind of brand loyalty? It defies all logic and business sense............You admit that last season was “bitterly disappointing”..................There must be few businesses who can admit that their product has been rubbish recently, but make emotional appeals to the customer to come back for more. In most businesses, if the product’s rubbish, and you even admit it, your business goes down the pan. Gerald Ratner found that out twenty years ago.

So the answer’s easy – put an entertaining, competitive, winning team on the park, and the punters, including us, will be back for more. Somebody said to us a while back “Being a Hibby’s all about the past”. As fans who were privileged to enjoy the era of Turnbull’ s Tornadoes, and more recently the side that dished out the 6-2 lesson to the Jambos, we know what the guy meant. What you and your fellow Directors need to do is make the fans feel that there’s a present and a future that will equal the best of the past. We have an excellent stadium and an enviable training facility. Now we need to make those investments pay on the park.”

What goes around comes around. You do wonder who the mugs are in this whole football "business"......................

I don’t know if anyone has broke it to you but hibs have not and will never write to you personally

wookie70
27-10-2019, 07:57 PM
His compensation would be covered by the higher prize money received from a top six finish another manager could provide.

Could be covered. No way of knowing whether we will get a Stubbs or a Butcher

JimBHibees
27-10-2019, 07:58 PM
Expected him to open his mouth, at least show a bit of passion

To a random fan that pulls him up after a derby defeat.

PatHead
27-10-2019, 07:59 PM
Could be covered. No way of knowing whether we will get a Stubbs or a Butcher

Trying to be positive........

Iggy Pope
27-10-2019, 07:59 PM
Some are paid, Brian Houston, who is mentioned in the thread, isn't paid - he's a non-executive director.

Fwiw, I'm not sure if the OP is known to the board already, but given how openly hostile he has been to the current and previous board members, if they do know him I'm not surprised they don't have much time for him as they'll be very clear that the feeling is mutual.

Basically the OP never named any board member, that came later from a prompt later in these pages. I reckon start to finish this is a pretty crap thread and hanging about outside Easter Road for a while to shout questions at people you can’t name is the behaviour of the hertz ****.

Iggy Pope
27-10-2019, 08:00 PM
I don’t know if anyone has broke it to you but hibs have not and will never write to you personally

That’s not true you know.

Keith_M
27-10-2019, 08:18 PM
Basically the OP never named any board member, that came later from a prompt later in these pages. I reckon start to finish this is a pretty crap thread and hanging about outside Easter Road for a while to shout questions at people you can’t name is the behaviour of the hertz ****.

:agree:

Baldy Foghorn
27-10-2019, 08:24 PM

I must be the same then Matty, as I like to question them at every opportunity. Not for pleasure, but because they are making a shop front of things

Baldy Foghorn
27-10-2019, 08:25 PM
To a random fan that pulls him up after a derby defeat.

A random fan?? The Board know me well.....

matty_f
27-10-2019, 08:31 PM
I must be the same then Matty, as I like to question them at every opportunity. Not for pleasure, but because they are making a shop front of things

That's fair enough, but with respect Baldy, the times I've seen you ask questions you've done it in a respectful manner and I can't remember you making any comments about them that you've not been able to back up.

I think you'd be right to expect the same courtesy back.

If your read Scotty's posts he's talked about false economies, penny pinching, the board treating the fans as serfs, ivory toys etc, it's not a huge surprise to me that they might not take him seriously if they recognised him.