PDA

View Full Version : Heckingbottom Post Match Interview

timewilltell
26-10-2019, 07:15 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50196072

Fergos
26-10-2019, 07:20 PM
Haven’t watched his pre or post match interview for weeks now. There is no point, he has signed poor players with rubbish attitudes that don’t give a toss. A mirror of the man himself.

GGTTH

emerald green
26-10-2019, 07:25 PM
Change the record Heckingbottom. Sick and tired of all the bulls*** and lame excuses every week.

I cannot understand why the Board are allowing this situation to continue.

That said, any new manager coming in will be working with a group of players where a large number of them are just not good enough.

Cameron1875
26-10-2019, 07:31 PM
Just fluff. Complete and utter fluff.

We need to do more, I need to do more, it makes you focus la la la.

GTF you fraud.

Box 17
Change the record Heckingbottom. Sick and tired of all the bulls*** and lame excuses every week.

That said, any new manager coming in will be working with a group of players where a large number of them are just not good enough.

The substantial payoff involved probably.

Father Ted
Get rid of this imposter now. He is sucking the life out of our club

Robbo6-2
26-10-2019, 07:34 PM
Wish he would just **** right off.

Enough is enough

Fife-Hibee
26-10-2019, 07:35 PM

A manager worth his salt will get results, regardless of the players he's presented with. It doesn't have to be pretty, it just has to be 3 damn points.

emerald green
26-10-2019, 07:35 PM

That's a possibility, but any payoff would be small change compared to the financial catastrophe of dropping into the Championship again.

If proof were ever needed at Hibs, look at the precarious financial position right now at Dundee United.

Gerard
26-10-2019, 07:37 PM
PH is a nice person but nice people are perhaps a luxury and we need winners.He talks a good game and gives good reasons why the club keeps on drwsing and losing games.
We need a HCand assistant who win games and we need them now. The longer we wait the more difficult it will be to get the right management team.

Beefster
26-10-2019, 07:38 PM
Best ignored. He’s worse than a fry-up for my blood pressure.

Box 17
26-10-2019, 07:41 PM
That's a possibility, but any payoff would be small change compared to the financial catastrophe of dropping into the Championship again.

If proof were ever needed at Hibs, look at the precarious financial position right now at Dundee United.

Quite agree, but they are probably giving him time in the remote hope he will turn things round and thereby save the cost of sacking him.
Even though we are less than a quarter through the league season, hopefully they have learned the lessons of recent history which tell us that once a team gets into a nosedive it is very difficult to recover.

emerald green
26-10-2019, 07:41 PM
A manager worth his salt will get results, regardless of the players he's presented with. It doesn't have to be pretty, it just has to be 3 damn points.

Fair comment. I just hope you are right.

emerald green
26-10-2019, 07:46 PM
Quite agree, but they are probably giving him time in the remote hope he will turn things round and thereby save the cost of sacking him.
Even though we are less than a quarter through the league season, hopefully they have learned the lessons of recent history which tell us that once a team gets into a nosedive it is very difficult to recover.

I understand what you are saying, and you may well be right, but if that's what they are hoping for then they are hoping for a miracle and are gambling with the future of our club.

The Harp Awakes
26-10-2019, 07:49 PM
Even in all my worst fears, I never thought Hibernian would ever again appoint such a clueless, uninspiring and tactically naive Head Coach as Calderwood. Unfortunately I was wrong.

What a complete balls up of a managerial appointment by LD. What is even more criminal though is not having the spine to admit she has made a mistake, and sack the guy who is quite clearly out of his depth.

Dmas
26-10-2019, 07:51 PM
I honestly think he’s been given guarantees about his position, he never comes across as a guy under pressure, never seems worried about his job also comes over pretty arrogant at times, maybe a reason why the guys he’s signed don’t seem to be bursting a gut for him

SickBoy32
26-10-2019, 08:01 PM
Get so far to ****.

Clueless doesn’t cover it

we are hibs
26-10-2019, 08:09 PM
Think given hes been allowed to do post match interviews hes here for wednesday at least.

I seen on twitter earlier that neither manager or assistant are in the calender for 2020. Make of that what you will...

Fergos
26-10-2019, 08:14 PM
I honestly think he’s been given guarantees about his position, he never comes across as a guy under pressure, never seems worried about his job also comes over pretty arrogant at times, maybe a reason why the guys he’s signed don’t seem to be bursting a gut for him

Agree. Comes across as arrogant, he knows best style, talks in cliches and has never looked as if he’s enjoyed being here. Dull and uninspiring like the team he has assembled.

GGTTH

Hermit Crab
26-10-2019, 08:19 PM
The venom aimed towards Hibs and heckingbottom now is the worst I've ever known it since social media was invented. It simply cannot be ignored. Time is up.

Crab apple
26-10-2019, 08:22 PM
PH is a nice person but nice people are perhaps a luxury and we need winners.He talks a good game and gives good reasons why the club keeps on drwsing and losing games.
We need a HCand assistant who win games and we need them now. The longer we wait the more difficult it will be to get the right management team.

I’ll take your word for it that he’s a nice person. In his interviews he comes across to me as being a bit arrogant and detached. What I am sure of is he’s a very, very poor football manager.

Joe6-2
26-10-2019, 08:24 PM
Agree. Comes across as arrogant, he knows best style, talks in cliches and has never looked as if he’s enjoyed being here. Dull and uninspiring like the team he has assembled.

GGTTH

I can’t believe he even discusses games, he should be in hiding, hanging his head in shame, arrogant twat

sleeping giant
26-10-2019, 08:27 PM

Im sure it was mentioned that Appleton turned us down as he didnt agree with the severance package which was reported to be 3 months pay.

NC1875
26-10-2019, 08:27 PM
Doesn’t look bothered in the slightest. The guy is utterly clueless, believes his own bull**** but will never be a successful football manager.

Anyone with a bit of class would have walked by now

Gerard
26-10-2019, 08:28 PM
I’ll take your word for it that he’s a nice person. In his interviews he comes across to me as being a bit arrogant and detached. What I am sure of is he’s a very, very poor football manager.

I think he is a nice person and hope that he is.
I do not see any arrogance or detachment.
I do see that he is not winning games that we would expect Hibs to probably win.
At the moment I think he us a mediocre HC.
I hope he can prove his critics are wrong.I think that he needs to show that he us the right man for the job now.if he continues to draw games then we need to get another HC ASAP.

NC1875
26-10-2019, 08:31 PM
I think that he needs to show that he us the right man for the job now.if he continues to draw games then we need to get another HC ASAP.

Think he’s had more than enough time

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-10-2019, 08:32 PM

I would sacrifice the January window funds to get rid of him.

Leith Green
26-10-2019, 08:35 PM
Ive got to the point where im past trying to explain how bad he really is. This is just boring now , nothing is going to change for the better other than Heckingbottom leaving.

Gerard
26-10-2019, 08:36 PM
Think he’s had more than enough time

When he is replaced we need to get a HC that has a proven track record. I think that he has almost ran out of chances to manage our club. He needs to beat Livingston and give Celtic a very difficult game........if not then it is time to say goodbye.

Leith Green
26-10-2019, 08:39 PM
When he is replaced we need to get a HC that has a proven track record. I think that he has almost ran out of chances to manage our club. He needs to beat Livingston and give Celtic a very difficult game........if not then it is time to say goodbye.

The derby defeat was when the manager should have been emptied.

Captain Trips
26-10-2019, 08:39 PM
I think he is a nice person and hope that he is.
I do not see any arrogance or detachment.
I do see that he is not winning games that we would expect Hibs to probably win.
At the moment I think he us a mediocre HC.
I hope he can prove his critics are wrong.I think that he needs to show that he us the right man for the job now.if he continues to draw games then we need to get another HC ASAP.

Mediocre? We are 11th after 10 games on a GD of -10. That's not mediocre that's absolutely abysmal. If you can't get a tune out a team you have had a bit of a luxury in building then your way off the mark.

His record for the opportunity given is atrocious.

HFC 0-7
26-10-2019, 08:40 PM

If he was a nice person he would **** off!

BoomtownHibees
26-10-2019, 08:50 PM
The derby defeat was when the manager should have been emptied.

100%

B.H.F.C
26-10-2019, 09:09 PM
Why does he still have a job?

Robbo6-2
26-10-2019, 09:14 PM
He should of gone after ibrox

Dashing Bob S
26-10-2019, 09:14 PM
100%

He’s been finished here since then. I can’t fathom why we’re prolonging the agony.

EI255
26-10-2019, 09:37 PM
We should NEVER go anywhere near an unknown English manager nor his compatriot lower league football players again. Hibs and lower league English players DO NOT GO!! We have serious history here.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

EI255
26-10-2019, 09:38 PM
He’s been finished here since then. I can’t fathom why we’re prolonging the agony.Celtic could do serious damage to us on Saturday evening, if they wanted to.

Gmack7
26-10-2019, 09:42 PM
Celtic could do serious damage to us on Saturday evening, if they wanted to.

That is a frightening possibility

Baader
26-10-2019, 09:50 PM
We should NEVER go anywhere near an unknown English manager nor his compatriot lower league football players again. Hibs and lower league English players DO NOT GO!! We have serious history here.

Shocking that we have allowed the same thing to happen again. After inroads being made we are back in this mess again. Club sadly haven't learnt from their past mistakes. Manager needs emptied immediately.

Andy74
26-10-2019, 09:52 PM

Like Gray, Bartley and Fontaine for example?

tamig
26-10-2019, 09:56 PM

Serious history? We’ve also picked up some decent “lower league” players from there.

mcfly
26-10-2019, 09:59 PM
If he didn’t realise the fans feelings before the game he most certainly did at full time.

It’s only gonna get worse as this team cannot hold onto a lead.

Vela and Newell look as though they don’t care at all.

10 games in and still he hasn’t a clue re his best team.

the silence from the board is worrying. How much longer are they gonna sit back and do nothing....

Is It On....
26-10-2019, 10:12 PM
"Heckingbottom packed his starting midfield with plodding technicians." This is the heart of the problem and if Heckingbottom can't recognise our lack of pace and urgency then he needs to be removed.

coco22
26-10-2019, 10:23 PM
His interview had a sense of ‘i know I’m done here’? Add to that the very clear message from the terraces and the forums....I think he’ll be gone by Friday.

Captain Trips
26-10-2019, 11:18 PM
I haven't listened to Captain Clownshoe for weeks. The talking is done on the pitch.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-10-2019, 12:08 AM
Agree with Captain T above.

Devils advocate, Controversial point - what if Strachan, Fergie or some respected, experienced manager/coach said “He’s bang on - Sit tight grind it out...” ?

Squealing pig
27-10-2019, 12:54 AM
Gtf pronto

jacomo
27-10-2019, 08:32 AM
A lot of what a manager says in public is for the benefit of his players.

If I was a player watching that, what message would l get from it? Apart from a generic ‘we need to work harder’ at the end, I’m not really sure.

It’s clear that a number of the new players have really struggled so far this season. Are they just not good enough or have they under estimated scottish football? Has PH under estimated the job?

He’s really under pressure now but doesn’t look or sound like a man who’s grasped that.

B.H.F.C
27-10-2019, 08:35 AM
His interview had a sense of ‘i know I’m done here’? Add to that the very clear message from the terraces and the forums....I think he’ll be gone by Friday.

No with a semi final on the Saturday, he won’t be.

GibbytheHibby2
27-10-2019, 08:38 AM

Another Mowbray or Stubbs wouldn’t go amiss.....

green day
27-10-2019, 08:39 AM
I stand by what I said about him in the pre match interview thread.

Aldo
27-10-2019, 08:46 AM
If he didn’t realise the fans feelings before the game he most certainly did at full time.

It’s only gonna get worse as this team cannot hold onto a lead.

Vela and Newell look as though they don’t care at all.

10 games in and still he hasn’t a clue re his best team.

the silence from the board is worrying. How much longer are they gonna sit back and do nothing....

He doesn’t have a clue about anything. Persisting with the 4 2 3 1 formation when it’s clear it doesn’t work.

So much for the ‘High Pressing’ ‘Fast Paced ‘Fit Team’ he said we would be.

Vela is a poor mans Fraser Fyvie and tbh I laughed when someone mentioned him preseason.

He would have done a lot better than that imposter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nitten
27-10-2019, 09:44 AM
Have any of these posters actually listened to any of the comments PH makes post match? What he said is true, we should have been at least 3 up and cruising. He made the tactical changes that brought the 2 goals, then again the players, NOT PH utterly bottled it.
Apart from the huns away when in the lead we have crashed and burned and to blame the manager continuously is utter nonsense. The players and not just those he signed need to take a long hard look at themselves. They all lack the ability to win a tackle, with the exception of Ryan Porteous.
FWIW I think Halberg is a good player, he needs games but we are better with him in the team, Vela and Mallen not strong enough, but Mallen at least chips in with goals.
Wednesday the players must step up or we face another humiliating results, not PH! :confused::flag:

#2 Double Tap
27-10-2019, 09:59 AM
Agree with Captain T above.

Devils advocate, Controversial point - what if Strachan, Fergie or some respected, experienced manager/coach said “He’s bang on - Sit tight grind it out...” ?

I would be recommending they go visit the doctor and ask for the dementia test, cause clearly they have started to lose their marbles, if they are thinking like that.

B.H.F.C
27-10-2019, 10:14 AM
Have any of these posters actually listened to any of the comments PH makes post match? What he said is true, we should have been at least 3 up and cruising. He made the tactical changes that brought the 2 goals, then again the players, NOT PH utterly bottled it.
Apart from the huns away when in the lead we have crashed and burned and to blame the manager continuously is utter nonsense. The players and not just those he signed need to take a long hard look at themselves. They all lack the ability to win a tackle, with the exception of Ryan Porteous.
FWIW I think Halberg is a good player, he needs games but we are better with him in the team, Vela and Mallen not strong enough, but Mallen at least chips in with goals.
Wednesday the players must step up or we face another humiliating results, not PH! :confused::flag:

I agree the players have been disgraceful.

But he built this team. We have absolutely no character or belief and it is down to him to give them that. He’s incapable of doing so.

I think our squad is poor. We won’t dramatically improve and be competing at the top end of the league. But a better manager will get us out of trouble.

HFC 0-7
27-10-2019, 10:20 AM
Like Gray, Bartley and Fontaine for example?

Think the difference here is volume, too many at the same time.

coco22
27-10-2019, 11:43 AM
No with a semi final on the Saturday, he won’t be.

Ha...I typed that meaning after the semi! Can’t even get the days of the week in the right order. Petrie 😡

Coco Bryce
27-10-2019, 11:46 AM

I actually can't listen to anymore of his pish now. He just makes me angry just hearing his voice now.

Hibee Mac
27-10-2019, 11:48 AM
Why does he still have a job?!

Leeann - what are you waiting for???

A Hi-Bee
27-10-2019, 12:34 PM
What do we expect the guy to say, we are pish and I am still working on it, it would help if he had just a wee bit more character about him, comes over as a bit too nice and nice people are not winners.

Aldo
27-10-2019, 01:09 PM
What do we expect the guy to say, we are pish and I am still working on it, it would help if he had just a wee bit more character about him, comes over as a bit too nice and nice people are not winners.

Don’t want him to say anymore tbh! I just want him gone!

Working on it?? He sets the team up the same way week in week out and it clearly doesn’t work. 4231 yet he won’t change it.

Clueless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 90+2
27-10-2019, 01:13 PM

How about him coming out and admitting he’s doing a ***** job, he’s under estimating Scottish football so he’s quitting?

Fife-Hibee
27-10-2019, 01:21 PM
If Hecky is saying we're only a couple of games away from winning. Does this mean he thinks we'll go on to defeat Celtic after failing against Livingston? :confused:

The 90+2
27-10-2019, 01:28 PM
If Hecky is saying we're only a couple of games away from winning. Does this mean he thinks we'll go on to defeat Celtic after failing against Livingston? :confused:

Seen it happen before. We won at Tynie and Celtic Park and got pumped three nil of relegation threatened Livi 3-0 at home in between. Lambert or Gough was their manager, Hassan Katchohl (sp) had a worldy.

Onion
27-10-2019, 05:26 PM
Can't listen to him, nothing he can say that will change my view of him and his approach. He's an insipid, emotionless, negative manager who does his talking on the pitch.

Wish him no harm, just that he'd ply his trade on someone else's pitch - will anyone PLEASE take him off our hands ?

HibbyAndy
27-10-2019, 05:32 PM
Can't listen to him, nothing he can say that will change my view of him and his approach. He's an insipid, emotionless, negative manager who does his talking on the pitch.

Wish him no harm, just that he'd ply his trade on someone else's pitch - will anyone PLEASE take him off our hands ?

:agree:

I refuse to listen to anymore this idiot has to say , Makes my blood boil !

Just F@@k off !!!

madhatter
27-10-2019, 05:35 PM
Anybody else find it funny and a bit depressing that he is essentially saying “only way to stop our inability to win, is to win”. That and him trying to justify why we went 5 at the back. Fluff and complete nonsense is all he talks now.

scooby
27-10-2019, 05:38 PM
He's full of wind and p15h, and undoubtedly a theory football man.
Just get out of my club.

Walter
27-10-2019, 05:39 PM
I dreamt he was sacked last night. So not only my toddler wake at 0444 due to the clocks changing I also had to face the reality that he's still here

snedzuk
27-10-2019, 05:52 PM
Anybody else find it funny and a bit depressing that he is essentially saying “only way to stop our inability to win, is to win”. That and him trying to justify why we went 5 at the back. Fluff and complete nonsense is all he talks now.

winning takes away the fear of winning

Captain Trips
27-10-2019, 06:56 PM
This is what I think of whenever I hear Heckingbottom talk about Hibs and football:

https://image.shutterstock.com/image-photo/london-england-uk-april-5-260nw-1468785080.jpg