PDA

View Full Version : Tannoy In FF

thebakerboy
26-10-2019, 07:15 PM
No Tannoy in famous five upper today , scoreboard problems as well and also probs with card reader at gates. Electrics seem to be a problem in general at ER

J-C
26-10-2019, 07:32 PM
The tannoy in the East is no better, the train to Kirkaldy was leaving platform 6 at some point in the 2nd half, well I think that's what was said.

Box 17
26-10-2019, 07:34 PM
Sounds like Hecky is also in charge of stadium maintenance.

percy veer
26-10-2019, 07:41 PM
No Tannoy in famous five upper today , scoreboard problems as well and also probs with card reader at gates. Electrics seem to be a problem in general at ER

Bigger problems, what are people wanting to hear on this tannoy that annoys them so much

Fuzzywuzzy
26-10-2019, 07:41 PM
It's the travelling persons curse

Jones28
26-10-2019, 07:47 PM
Bigger problems, what are people wanting to hear on this tannoy that annoys them so much

It’s a monstrous health and safety issue for one thing...

Please evacuate via..?

percy veer
26-10-2019, 07:48 PM

Please evacuate via..?

Oh dear... frightened of the day that will never happen

Mutu
26-10-2019, 07:48 PM
Quite enjoyed the lack of tannoy.

Pet hate of mine.

bingo70
26-10-2019, 07:50 PM

Please evacuate via..?

The bit that’s no on fire?

I don’t see the issue either tbh. Couldn’t care less what the guy is saying. If it was anything of interest the club would tweet it anyway.

Jones28
26-10-2019, 07:51 PM
Oh dear... frightened of the day that will never happen

Aye ok. Call me Mr Snowflake.

It’s ok for me, I don’t sit in the FF, I mean it’s only the family section in there after all.

Jones28
26-10-2019, 07:51 PM
The bit that’s no on fire?

I don’t see the issue either tbh. Couldn’t care less what the guy is saying. If it was anything of interest the club would tweet it anyway.

Missing the point by whole planets but ok.

scuttle
26-10-2019, 07:56 PM
And add to that no pies left at half time in FF upper. Match day experience today was terrible

cabbageandribs1875
26-10-2019, 07:58 PM
i realise it was a hibs kids day whatever but trying to listen to an appalling tannoy system is ridiculous, even more so when we have wee kids yelling down a mic, seriously, is there another club in scottish football that has wee kids announcing substitutions ? for the love o **** stop this p@sh hibs ffs, flog that freakin CCTV system we got and invest the 100k in a couple of 21st century speakers, what other grounds have such a pathetic sound system like we have

and breathe...

HONG KONG PHOOEY
26-10-2019, 07:59 PM
The tannoy in FF Upper was working pre match. There was a problem so they switched it off. The tannoy is far too loud in the FF usually

thebakerboy
26-10-2019, 08:04 PM
Think Ron needs to come and sit where the real fans are and experience the very poor match day that we all suffer. Would not be acceptable in the USA. And pay through the nose for it.

Itsnoteasy
26-10-2019, 08:13 PM
Think Ron needs to come and sit where the real fans are and experience the very poor match day that we all suffer. Would not be acceptable in the USA. And pay through the nose for it.

Do real fans not sit in the West?

Nicho87
26-10-2019, 09:04 PM
Remember at the start of Gordon’s tenure we were told of changes within the Match day experience. Aye what a lot of rubbish

vuefrom1875
26-10-2019, 09:49 PM

Wouldn't matter can't here a thing anywhere in the ground except for a mumbled echoing announcer....
.emailed L.D.2years ago on this topic guess what, still waiting for a reply. Speaks volumes (sorry for the pun).

GreenCastle
26-10-2019, 09:56 PM
Awful as always in the east - add in the kids and couldn’t hear a word.

Match day experience is rubbish and would rather they spent some of the Doidge money on a sound system and least get some benefit long term than the waste of cash they have spent on a so called footballer.

26-10-2019, 11:37 PM
I’ve been thinking it for ages that the stadium has looked poorly maintained. PA problems, scoreboard failing, catering grubby and run down, weeds everywhere, flaking paintwork, steps unpainted and then when they do upgrade work the place looks tacky with painted block work walls that in a matter of months looked grubby and in need of paint again! If they don’t get to grips with the place it will cost a fortune to bring it back up to where it needs to be.

oldbutdim
26-10-2019, 11:46 PM
The PA in the FF has been pretty poor from day one, and yes I've been there since then.
Although I do go home for soup, and the odd away game.

Today it was even more unintelligible than usual.
:aok:

Glory Lurker
26-10-2019, 11:57 PM
Apparently it'll cost crazy money to fix. So, let's not fix it. Strip it back to the police control/ safety system. Let the pre-match atmosphere build itself. Everyone's got phones to catch up on the half times. Tweet/FB the half time draw. If you don't recognise the sub, check Twitter.

Money saved.

hibbyfraelibby
27-10-2019, 09:06 AM
Remember the days we didn't have a PA system and the musical entertainment was a pipe band? When we looked at our watches to check the time? When the team was actually in the programme?

Nah me neither nor my younger brother Methusela

Pretty Boy
27-10-2019, 09:14 AM
ER is a disgrace. It's dirty and looks totally neglected.

It needs a good clean and rather than moan about it I'm going to see if the club needs help. A couple of groups of fans giving the place a good clean, sorting the weeds and so on. It's been done before for small tasks and I'm sure fans would volunteer.

Iggy Pope
27-10-2019, 12:32 PM
I welcomed the lack of a tannoy in the FF as it’s a pain, but the scoreboard problems meant I didn’t get the Hapoy Hibbie winners. Anyone know the numbers?

J-C
27-10-2019, 12:45 PM
I welcomed the lack of a tannoy in the FF as it’s a pain, but the scoreboard problems meant I didn’t get the Hapoy Hibbie winners. Anyone know the numbers?

Even the scoreboard was bored to tears with the game packing up at 1 minute, it sums us up as a club at the moment.

HibsAnnouncer
27-10-2019, 01:08 PM
Hi everyone

As always I just like to come on and do my bit to keep you updated on what I can from my side of things. I keep look out for for feedback and I always keep an eye on the tweets and ask people to get intouch with what is and what isn’t working.

Yesterday pre-match we had a high pitch buzzing coming from the speakers which appeared to vanish before the game. Issues experienced were mainly from the west.

The system does not allow us to control balance in each stand. I can tell you that the club are working and have been for quite some time on a solution. I will continue to report back where I can on these issues. I am hopeful that we will have a solution in the not too distant future. As stated above, the cost of replacing the system is a lot higher than you would think meaning a substantial investment from the clubs perspective.

With regards to the scoreboard, the signal is sent via Bluetooth and it failed yesterday. Whilst the scoreboard was functioning completely fine from the computer, the signal was not going to the board itself.

The issue we had during the game, is that rules state that we cannot reset the timer on the clock nor does our scoreboard allow us the functionality to start from the in play time.

I’m happy to answer any questions where I can and really appreciate the feedback. Hopefully we will have a solution soon.

Barrie

Scouse Hibee
27-10-2019, 01:14 PM
ER is a disgrace. It's dirty and looks totally neglected.

It needs a good clean and rather than moan about it I'm going to see if the club needs help. A couple of groups of fans giving the place a good clean, sorting the weeds and so on. It's been done before for small tasks and I'm sure fans would volunteer.

I noticed they have painted the green boarding from the car park entrance next to the shop along towards the East gates. The stencil of Brad Welsh has now been painted over.

ben johnson
27-10-2019, 01:20 PM
Hi everyone

As always I just like to come on and do my bit to keep you updated on what I can from my side of things. I keep look out for for feedback and I always keep an eye on the tweets and ask people to get intouch with what is and what isn’t working.

Yesterday pre-match we had a high pitch buzzing coming from the speakers which appeared to vanish before the game. Issues experienced were mainly from the west.

The system does not allow us to control balance in each stand. I can tell you that the club are working and have been for quite some time on a solution. I will continue to report back where I can on these issues. I am hopeful that we will have a solution in the not too distant future. As stated above, the cost of replacing the system is a lot higher than you would think meaning a substantial investment from the clubs perspective.

With regards to the scoreboard, the signal is sent via Bluetooth and it failed yesterday. Whilst the scoreboard was functioning completely fine from the computer, the signal was not going to the board itself.

The issue we had during the game, is that rules state that we cannot reset the timer on the clock nor does our scoreboard allow us the functionality to start from the in play time.

I’m happy to answer any questions where I can and really appreciate the feedback. Hopefully we will have a solution soon.

Barrie

There was a rather annoying static sound from the speakers in the West nearest the FF Luckily the noise was drowned out by groans for the last ten minutes.

Iggy Pope
27-10-2019, 01:22 PM
Hi everyone

Barrie

What was the outcome of the Hapoy Hibbie draw then?

hibby6270
27-10-2019, 01:25 PM
I noticed they have painted the green boarding from the car park entrance next to the shop along towards the East gates. The stencil of Brad Welsh has now been painted over.

That’s a tenner cost for paint from B&Q plus a couple of hours time for an ‘S’ form player attached to the club. Not going to break the bank or release the moths from Ron’s wallet - sadly!!:rolleyes:

HibsAnnouncer
27-10-2019, 01:31 PM
What was the outcome of the Hapoy Hibbie draw then?

12096 cash
10571 strip
13342 ball

For future reference you will get these on the @hibsannouncer twitter mate also on my own twitter @barriestweeting

Iggy Pope
27-10-2019, 01:32 PM
12096 cash
10571 strip
13342 ball

For future reference you will get these on the @hibsannouncer twitter mate also on my own twitter @barriestweeting

Thanks. I’ll not bother with the Twitter thing, but thanks.

Cataplana
27-10-2019, 02:47 PM
Its a matter of time till somebody notices all four stands are badly designed.

They face the pitch.