PDA

View Full Version : Why can the team not hold on to a winning position?

Spike Mandela
26-10-2019, 05:59 PM
Rather than just another Heckingbottom personal abuse thread can anyone put their finger on why pretty experienced defenders and midfielders can't see out a game?

Baffling how many times it has happened now. Really poor form and relegation type of surrenders.

DetroitHibs
26-10-2019, 06:00 PM
Quite simple.... No leaders on the field. Hanlon is NEVER captain material, doesn’t inspire those around him.

26-10-2019, 06:01 PM
Because we are soft as ****. Gutless and with no real leadship atm.

Hibernia&Alba
26-10-2019, 06:01 PM
Not enough character in the team; not enough players taking responsibility. We seem bereft of leadership and direction.

Diclonius
26-10-2019, 06:02 PM
If we'd held onto all of our winning positions this season we'd be clear in third right now, and one point off the top of the table.

BoomtownHibees
26-10-2019, 06:02 PM
Cos we’re pish

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2019, 06:04 PM
It'sbecause we have a team with no leaders, and a team full to the brim with poor players. We also have a lot of players who appear to not give a **** about us.

For me a lot of it boils down to us just having poor players compared to recent seasons.

truehibernian
26-10-2019, 06:04 PM
Always sounds cliched and simplistic to say 'game management' but it's very true - Aberdeen are the past masters at it out of 'the rest' in the league. A niggly foul here and there, playing the width of the pitch, playing into corners, etc...........the kind of football we don't like to witness however it's effective in times in a game where you want to kill the game, waste time, or indeed ease pressure.

Hibs invite pressure by playing deep, not closing down, and allowing freedom in areas of the pitch where opposition players can 'hit a worldy' or get it into the box.

We need to learn, and quickly - but it was a criticism under Stubbs and Lennon too to be fair.

ancient hibee
26-10-2019, 06:07 PM
We don't put pressure on other midfields and allow them to pick their passes like a traing game.

emerald green
As a team, Hibs are mentally weak and fragile, and totally lacking in spirit and confidence. They are soft. There is no leadership either on or off the pitch either. It's a recipe for disaster.

I wonder what guys like Roy Keane, for example, would make of most of the players currently wearing the famous Hibs jersey? I've got a pretty good idea.

hibbyfraelibby
No Daz, no pazzaz

Hi Heid Yin
26-10-2019, 06:08 PM
Ryan Porteous is a leader in the making, but lacks the experience to command respect from more seasoned players, but apart from him, there is absolutely no one you could truly call a leader in the rest of our squad. We are quite simply a "soft" side in every sense of the word.

WhileTheChief..
26-10-2019, 06:09 PM
I’d take Roy Keane as manager!

DickieDastardly
26-10-2019, 06:16 PM
We are woeful at the moment, dreadful recruitment has weakened the existing players who have served the club well over recent seasons and dragged them down. Personally i cannot see any shape to the team, any structure to the team and the players look lost. We are pedestrian in possession and the man on the ball rarely has offensive options.

It is eye bleeding to watch.

just my tuppence worth...

Broken Gnome
26-10-2019, 06:18 PM
Honestly can't believe the word midfield has only appeared once in this thread.

Captain Trips
26-10-2019, 06:21 PM
Why can the team not hold on to a winning position?

https://i2-prod.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article20143610.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/2_19305358.jpg

END OF.

Heisenberg
26-10-2019, 06:22 PM
Allan and Mallan in the same midfield doesn’t work. Vela and Newell largely invisible. Hanlon and Stevenson back to their weak *****bag form. Kamberi too busy trying to flick the ball here and there instead of playing proper passes.

We are a mess. LD, George Craig and Heckingbottom all responsible. One away already, hopefully the other two follow soon.

Jim44
26-10-2019, 06:23 PM
Soft touches ....... the team everybody wants to play.

Speedway
26-10-2019, 06:27 PM
According to the BBC match report, because we’re back to ‘Hibs-ing’ it.

emerald green
26-10-2019, 06:28 PM
Soft touches ....... the team everybody wants to play.

Yep, County must have looked at the fixture list after last week's doing from Celtic, and drew a sigh of relief that their next fixture was against Hibs.

26-10-2019, 06:33 PM

Incisive journalism from those fuds

Hiber-nation
26-10-2019, 06:36 PM
Honestly can't believe the word midfield has only appeared once in this thread.

There wasn't one for the last 15 mins.

Jim44
26-10-2019, 06:38 PM

I’ve spoken out about the BBC’s attitude to us for longer than I care to remember but the ineptitude of our club is beginning to wear me down into agreeing with the media.

NC1875
26-10-2019, 06:39 PM
Quite simple.... No leaders on the field. Hanlon is NEVER captain material, doesn’t inspire those around him.

Said it for long enough. Hanlon is never good enough for where most Hibs fans want us to be. Some fans expect us to be challenging for 3rd but are happy for Hanlon, Stevenson etc to play every week.

truehibernian
26-10-2019, 06:40 PM

Written by the Hearts supporting Brian Mclauchlin - needs to stay away from sugary snacks does Brian - his wee face and cheeks are showing more strain these days than a dwarf at a urinal.

26-10-2019, 06:41 PM
I’ve spoken out about the BBC’s attitude to us for longer than I care to remember but the ineptitude of our club is beginning to wear me down into agreeing with the media.

Club should have stood up for the fans a lot more during the aftermath of the cup final.

Radium
26-10-2019, 06:41 PM
... because opposition managers have the cheek to change their game plan and we can’t cope. We defend very narrow and don’t cope with the ball out wide. When defending we have no breakout plan. We defend corners with everyone back. We have no effective defensive midfielder. When the ball goes up the pitch the one player we have there doesn’t hold it up well enough. Stalwarts of recent seasons are out or not playing well. Management team don’t know how to get the best out of the squad. Management team don’t know how to manage games in this league (and are showing no signs of learning). Strikers full of FIFA flicks but no composure in the box. Fans who have had enough. Opposition teams that know that we have gone soft

And the reality that everyone knows that the management team will be sacked but club have their corporate heads in the sand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emerald green
26-10-2019, 06:43 PM

Yes, the BBC reporter got his report absolutely correct. Five league matches in a row where Hibs have blown leads and allowed a glut of points to slip from their grasp.

flash
26-10-2019, 06:44 PM
It'sbecause we have a team with no leaders, and a team full to the brim with poor players. We also have a lot of players who appear to not give a **** about us.

For me a lot of it boils down to us just having poor players compared to recent seasons.

If they are so poor why are they taking the lead every week? It's not lack of ability its lack of heart. Luckily for them the manager is copping all the flak.

emerald green
26-10-2019, 06:46 PM
Written by the Hearts supporting Brian Mclauchlin - needs to stay away from sugary snacks does Brian - his wee face and cheeks are showing more strain these days than a dwarf at a urinal.

The initial report was by Jamie Lyall.

Jim44
26-10-2019, 06:47 PM
If they are so poor why are they taking the lead every week? It's not lack of ability its lack of heart. Luckily for them the manager is copping all the flak.

But confidence, grit and determination is something the manager should be instilling in the team and he clearly is failing in that department.

Stonewall
26-10-2019, 06:47 PM
Club should have stood up for the fans a lot more during the aftermath of the cup final.

What!? I genuinely have no idea what you are talking about.

biotech
26-10-2019, 06:48 PM
Game management is not good enough. Pub teams can learn to sit on a lead. We lack basic tactical knowledge!

tamig
26-10-2019, 06:49 PM
Every time we went forward in the second half we looked capable of scoring. At two-nil we kept dropping deeper and I don’t know if that’s a player thing as I couldn’t see the manager instructing them to do that. It was inevitable what the outcome would be. We do need a leader in the team who will drive the guys forward. I don’t know if such a player exists at the club at the moment.

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2019, 06:50 PM

We play in a tinpot league against tinpot players, of course they are poor players, the whole league is full of them, and we have more than our fair share of the dross.

flash
26-10-2019, 06:51 PM
We play in a tinpot league against tinpot players, of course they are poor players, the whole league is full of them, and we have more than our fair share of the dross.

Unfortunately our two longest servants are two who are the first to hide and fall apart.

Sergey
26-10-2019, 06:57 PM

Half a rung above the Ryman/Ithsmian Pub League in England. The fact that Bartley is still lauded speaks volumes...he struggled to get a game for Hampton & Richmond before joining us.

Dross is indeed the noun that describes where we are at. I'm just sad that Ross Co didn't get a winner as I has a bet on them to win 2-3.

Jim44
26-10-2019, 07:04 PM
Half a rung above the Ryman/Ithsmian Pub League in England. The fact that Bartley is still lauded speaks volumes...he struggled to get a game for Hampton & Richmond before joining us.

Dross is indeed the noun that describes where we are at. I'm just sad that Ross Co didn't get a winner as I has a bet on them to win 2-3.

I had the gumption to put a few quid on the draw at 10/1 when Ross County scored their first.

Weegreenman
26-10-2019, 07:09 PM

He’d fall out with everyone 🤪

Hibs4185
26-10-2019, 07:11 PM
They want to show the potential of the team, then realise it’ll keep heckingbottom in a job so they give up

Onion
26-10-2019, 07:11 PM
Watching a poor Ross County team force 9 of our players to within 5 yds of our 18 yd line was truly shocking. Hibs players were flapping, sitting far too deep, chasing the ball around like headless chickens. Zero organisation, terrible structure, panic all around - it was a horrible sight.

Only the manager / coaches can be blamed for that. It's not as if we'd not been in that position before this season. You'd have thought Heckingbottom would have reviewed our many previous capitulations and addressed the problem - but it looks like he's learned nothing or singularly failed to get his message through.

As long as Hibs does this towards the end of matches we will continue to lose goals, encourage other teams and fail to hold leads.

percy veer
26-10-2019, 07:44 PM
Watching a poor Ross County team force 9 of our players to within 5 yds of our 18 yd line was truly shocking. Hibs players were flapping, sitting far too deep, chasing the ball around like headless chickens. Zero organisation, terrible structure, panic all around - it was a horrible sight.

Only the manager / coaches can be blamed for that. It's not as if we'd not been in that position before this season. You'd have thought Heckingbottom would have reviewed our many previous capitulations and addressed the problem - but it looks like he's learned nothing or singularly failed to get his message through.

As long as Hibs does this towards the end of matches we will continue to lose goals, encourage other teams and fail to hold leads.

I blame the players myself

H18S NX
26-10-2019, 07:46 PM
Written by the Hearts supporting Brian Mclauchlin - needs to stay away from sugary snacks does Brian - his wee face and cheeks are showing more strain these days than a dwarf at a urinal.,,,Very good.

Box 17
26-10-2019, 07:52 PM
For a start, we play with one out and out attacker at home so we ain't going to be scoring many goals.

Secondly, what does that say to the opposition? They know we are not playing with any confidence and that even if they go a goal (or two) behind, they are still well in with a chance.

Jones28
26-10-2019, 07:55 PM

I’d rather **** in my hands and clap than have that gob***** as manager